European Football

Is there a feature on FM 2010 that promotes and demotes national leagues priority in European football? For instance the Scottish League is going to lose a space in the champions league soon. If for instance, the Welsh league (on FM) had teams consistently in Euro via the qualifying rounds, would the Welsh league get more European spots etc on FM?

ok kl. Because im manager of Rhyl and have got into the Euro Cup for the last two seasons and look on the verge of making the CL this season. So my coefficient score is getting to be quite good. Also some other teams in the league are getting into a good late stage of the qualifying rounds or making it into the Euro Cup themselves. So i would expect soon to get another CL space for a league finish or something.

bumping the thread

You can see national coefficients in the Europe/Nation/Coefficients menu. Take note that in case of Wales you might wait quite a bit - you get 2nd CL spot at 15 (IIRC) and Wales starts at 40-something in the rankings.

It's a shame this doesn't seem to change. Presumably it's because it is unlikely that anyone would manage to run all of the European leagues at once, so different teams finishing in different places in the table couldn't be retrieved every time. Giving one country more spots in the CL/EL would be very difficult as it would involve bringing new teams into the competition.

On my current save, Irish teams are doing ridiculously well in Europe even though I don't have their league loaded. Shamrock Rovers made the Champions League group stage about ten seasons and did respectably well, with a win or two to their names. They only finished bottom of their group because of a very unlucky defeat at Shakhtar Donetsk. The following season, Ireland have two teams doing alright in the group stages of the UEFA Cup. It would be nice to be able to assign them more places in these competitions if they keep up the good work enough to keep improving their league's standing.

The coefficients are displayed in-game but they don't change throughout the course of a game. The coders just update it every season.

Huh? That's not true. Not true at all. They do change, thought it will usually take time for any noticeable changes to take place (as they're based on the last 5 (IIRC) seasons.)

i thought it was only the clubs coefficients that changes. Your coefficients for the last 5 seasons in Europe determine where your club is ranked in the coefficients but I dont think the club coefficients affect the league reputations.

In another thread which discussed dynamic league reputations, I suggested that each leagues reputation should be calculated by taking the average reputation of all the teams in that league. Obviously as more teams in the league do well, the clubs own reputation will increase thus increasing the leagues average. maybe you could tie in coefficients in aswell somewhere. It was just an idea but maybe something to think about.

Archived