'Targetman' tactical option

I'v found its more about which game, as well as which type you apply it. Playing a very high line for example, and using Run Onto Ball, will probably result in their keeper sweeping up most of the through balls.

Play too deep, and have a lone striker with Mixed or To Head set, and it will mostly result in lots of aimless long balls, which your striker will flick on to nobody, or lose out in a challenge with a defender.

So basically I've had success with all types, mostly To Feet, but it really depends on how the rest of your team is set up, how the opposition is set up, what your players strengths/weaknesses are, ditto for them.

If you want more details for specific situations, I'll go into it a bit later. To Feet would not really work for a poacher. I would prefer playing a deeper lying striker alongside a poacher, and having them set as the target man. Let the poacher concentrate on getting into the box and finishing chances, as opposed to being the target for your midfield.

Dejay: I enjoyed reading your comments. Do you, or anyone else, know if I should tick my complete forward support (Lukaku) as target man with supply to head, or mixed? I've also told my wingers and fullbacks to aim for the target man. Am I putting too muh emphasiz on using a target man or could this work? My complete forward is playing alongside David Villa with the role of Trequartista.

Archived