Tactical advice for the lower leagues

Hey folks,

I have searched, but not found, much information specifically relating to tactics with lower league teams. I'm particularly thinking of blue square north/south and lower. If you think League One is lower league, these questions aren't for you!

Do any of the experienced folk out there have any particular ideas about lower league managment?

In particular at the moment i'm struggling away from home in terms f both scoring and conceding - in fact i'm getting trounced all round when playing away.

With much lower stats for off the ball, positioning, decisions, creativity etc (a particular problems as lots of regens at this level and many have low starting stats in these mental areas), creating chanes is much tougher.

Sadly i cannot find a target man or i would be playing with wingers and crosses.

I've generally aimed to make my side as fast, strong n determined as possible.

Any ideas on refinement, especially in attack, would be useful.

Also two oneoff questions:

-Is relaying my "terrible" pitch worth it? It's exceptionally cut up (ideas on cost vs reward?)

-From reading most posts on here, most folk seem to be using the fm10 tactics creator - i've been sticking with old sliders. Is there any reason to now consider a change?

I am using Super BladesMan's database and trying my hand at the lower levels 10 and 11. Apart from the fact that I lose my best players to £20 a week contracts as soon as they have a good game, all appears normal in that I use the same classic tactics set up with Chelsea at the lower levels. Corners are a joke as scored 1 in about 40 games.

At the moment using an AMR ST and AML ST upfront, so no conventional strikers.

The pitch does not play that well but as long as I keep winning at home I would not relay pitch.

Archived