[FM10] That Tajik is Magic - An Asian Journeyman

Suggy33

After reading the start of AcidBurn and ToMexico!!’s career threads it has persuaded me to start a new career save, which would involve having the New Zealand league loaded. I have never managed in any of the leagues I currently have loaded, even though I had previously downloaded the xml files for most of them.

Setup: FM10 10.0.3

Leagues Loaded: Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji (all Top Division only)

The leagues selected are all in the Asia/Oceania region, so I should, fingers crossed, build up a nice reputation after a while, enabling me to get a job at some decent clubs.

I started off my save unemployed on 8th August 2009, declaring an interest in many jobs around the contininent, before finally being offered a job on the 3rd April 2010.

My manager is actually based on former Tajik international player Tokhirjon Muminov

Here is my Manager Profile.

So'g'diyona Jizzax

First Stop, Uzbekistan

7368.gif

So'g'diyona Jizzax are an Uzbeki side currently playing in the top flight of Uzbekistani football, the Oliy Liga.. They play their home games at the Markaziy Stadium in Jizzakh, it has a cpacity of 33,000s. They have very basic training facilities and almost non existant youth facilities.

Predicted to finish 13th in a league formed of 14 teams it seemed like this would be a tough challenge, and with only a budget of £8k, with a wage budget double that, it would be difficult to mount any kind of assault on the clubs above us.

The Squad

A very poor squad, formed entirely of players from Uzbekistan. Our best player, by far, was experienced international goalkeeper Eugeny Safanov, with no other players at the club jumping out to be started week in, week out.

The Transfers

So, with a low budget and an even lower reputation, I was pretty much relying on free transfers, almost all of whom where either Tajik or Uzbeki. My first 5 arrivals were all Uzbeki free agents: striker Dabran Turabiqov, full back Otabeq Ermuhamedov, winger Nurbeq Safarov, full back (and regen) Rustam Qurbonov and midfielder Nodir Usmonov. I then went on to sign Ghanain striker Daniel Tagoe from Kyrgy side Dinamo Dordoy for £0.

My 2 best signings came in on loan. Firstly Bahodir Nasimov an Uzbeki international striker joined on a season loan from Rubin Kazan, a striker touted by my scouts to be one of the best in the league. Finally, Iraqi midfielder Nashat Akram joined on a similar deal from FC Twente. Arguably my 2 marquee players.

The Tactic

I employed a simple, counter-attacking 4-4-2 which I hoped, combined with my decent striker and Iraqi playmaker, would bring me a few goals.

The Results

27/3/2010

So'g'diyona 1-2 Buxoro

Qurbonov 78 ; Umarhonov 4, pen 35

07/04/2010

Sho'rtan 1-0 So'g'diyona

Megreladze 19

10/04/2010

So'g'diyona 2-2 Qizilqum

Usmonov 5, Safarov 85 ; Koshelev pens 62, 74

14/04/2010

Metallurg Bekobod 0-0 So'g'diyona

17/04/2010

So'g'diyona 1-0 Qorazm

Tagoe 68

24/04/2010

So'g'diyona 2-2 Qorazm

Nasimov 58, Akram pen 77 ; Holmurodov 4, 38

At which point, after only 3 weeks in the job, I decided to hand in my resignation notice. I felt that I was only dragging the club closer to failure. The results after I left proved this, as they won twice on the bounce, scoring 7 goals and conceding 2.

Currently, from 24/04/2010, to the current day, 05/07/2010, I am currently unemployed, with the only jobs available the teams who are in bottom and second bottom of the Tajik High League.

Ive now got to January 2011 without being offered a job. Still only 2 jobs have come around, both decent A-League sides who rejected me. :(

If I dont get a job by the summer, will have to add my self.

At last!! A new venture in my career, and on the 2nd June 2011 (my real life birthday!!), I sign a 3 year deal at Fijian club Nadi.

NadiFC.jpg

Well, what can I say.

Nadi FC

Full name: Nadi FC

Nickname: The Jetsetters

Founded: 1937

Ground: Prince Charles Park (Capacity: 10,000)

League: National Football League (Fiji)

Well the NFL as I'm going to refer to it as has only 10 teams in it, and as I join Nadi FC, they are 10 games into an 18 game season, from which they have gained 8 points and sit rock bottom, so I have a lot of work to do.

The board have given me a healthy budget of £59k which hopefully I can do something decent with.

I'll be mainly aiming at bringing in players from the other Oceanian countries. Ive scouted most of the national teams, and with 90% of the players avaialble for £0, will bring in a few. My first 2 signings were New Caledonian internationals Marius Mapou (DC) and Jamel Kabeu (DMC).

Bedtime now, will update tomorrow :thup:

Nadi FC

NadiFC.jpg

Transfers

I signed 15 players for my squad, coming from 7 different nations including Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Vanuatu, American Samoa, Tonga, Tajikistan and New Caledonia. Each player will pretty much walk straight into my first team squad.

When I joined, the squad was huge, as there are no youth or reserve teams, so I quickly released 35 players, all Fijian nationals, but none of a decent standard.

On the 1st July (5 days time in game), we have 4 more players joining us. Two Fijian midfielders who were already arranged to join, along with Dimitri Ake Yakeula, a Vanuatan CB and Konstantin Tagiyev, a young Tajik winger and regen who will jump straight into my first team.

Transfer History (I joined 02/06/2011)

Standout Players

21 year old Tajik internatioal winger Fathullo Fathuloev is the best player in my squad by a mile. He came in from Istiqlol Dushanabe for £24k, a team that are 3rd in the Tajik High League. Hopefully he can carve out some chances for my strikers.

Fathullo Fathuloev

My other star player, is 25 year old Vanuatan midfielder Rexley Tarivuti. I know he doesnt look good on the screenshot, but for this level of football he is a top player.

Rexley Tarivuti

The Resuts So Far

11/06/2011

Nadi 0-1 Labasa (FA Cup Group B*)

Kumar 90+2

15/06/2011

Nadi 0-1 Ba

Kumar 5

18/06/2011

Tavua 1-1 Nadi (FA Cup Group B)

Nakosia 77 ; Nair 20

22/06/2011

Nadroga 2-0 Nadi

Esaeli 4, Qerreqeretabua pen 26

25/06/2011

Nadi 2-0 Suva (FA Cup Group B)

Tarivuti 37, Nair 71

This is how our FA Cup Group stood at the end : FA Cup Group B

League table with 6 games left to play.

* The FA Cup system in Fiji is split into 2 groups of 5, where each team plays 4 games. The top 2 teams from each group go into a Semi Final draw and so on.

Archived