World Cup writers wanted

gonch19

Hi guys,

I've been given permission from the frankly awesome Mr. Rolfe to start this thread, so here goes.

Basically I run a football website that has had some small success of late (nominated Best Football Blog by the FA recently & various other accolades). The team is small and humble, but with the World Cup coming up we are looking to bring in more writers to cover what will be the biggest show on Earth.

To cover the competition I'm looking to get a good group of knowledgeable, smart football people together and give each writer 1 or 2 countries to cover. These awesome fountains of football knowledge would then follow their teams as far as they go in the competition, providing analysis, predictions, team news, tactics, reviews, previews - that kind of thing, until the team either gets knocked out or wins the whole thing.

That is where you (hopefully) come in.

The team is growing quickly but there are still many countries for which we're looking for writers. Ideally we'd like people based in or supporting the country they would cover - people who can offer genuine and interesting insight to their team(s). But that can be worked round if you're good enough. The roles are just for fun (ie unpaid), but that doesn't mean it won't be fun.

All in all lets face it - if you're in here you're going to be watching the World Cup anyway, you'll most likely be backing at least one team and you're definitely going to have opinions as the competition progresses, some of them strong. Why not write about your team and air your views to a wider football audience at the same time?

If this is something that might interest you let me know either below or in a PM, as well as which country's you'd be interested in and we can talk further.

Thanks.

(ps - Mr Rolfe has already bagged Slovakia. Unlucky.) W

I wouldn't mind doing it, whether you want me or not is a different story :D

Portsmouth isn't a country.

Unless you know other stuff about football :eek:

Just to be a bit more specific here are some of the nations still open:

Italy

France

Portugal

Switzerland

South Africa

Algeria

Cameroon

New Zealand

Japan

South Korea

North Korea

Brazil

Argentina

Chile

Paraguay

Honduras

Mexico

A few others are open-ish, in that interest has been expressed without it being 100% concrete, so if other nations interest you don't hesitate to say so. Positions are filling pretty fast. All very exciting, its going to be a laugh :thup:

CasFan, Gregg Carter, please send me an email if you can - I've cleared my inbox a bit but who knows how long that will last! I'm keen to hear from you both.

Gav - Will be in touch shortly.

To all those who sent in an email or expressed interest thanks very much and I'll be in touch asap.

Anyone else who fancies it many countries remain so do let me know if you're keen. I'll post a revised list soon.

Cheers all.

Would love to do this. Argentina or Italy would be my preferred country/countries, as I have been reading up on them and their current situations recently quite a bit (especially Argentina).

Shall I drop you an email/PM...or do you drop me one? :thup:

Would love to do this. Argentina or Italy would be my preferred country/countries, as I have been reading up on them and their current situations recently quite a bit (especially Argentina).

Shall I drop you an email/PM...or do you drop me one? :thup:

Hi, please send me an email at the address above and we'll discuss.

Thanks.

I can do one of the medium/big sized countries if there's no-one actually from those countries who could do a better job. I can do someone like;

Italy, France, Portugal, Switzerland, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Mexico etc

I'm knowlegable in football worldwide but for a team like New Zealand or North Korea you really need someone from that country or with a passion for the national team.

Would love to do this but probably not the best idea with exams round the corner as I know I will do this instead of them :D

However if your struggling with a nation I can have a good go at it. May not know a lot about every football nation but I good at finding it out.

Hi guys thanks for all the interest.

There are still remaining countries and I've been getting emails about my clogged up inbox. Please send any potential PMs to just-football [at] live [dot] com if you need to get in touch.

8 or 9 nations remain including off the top of my head Denmark, Japan, Paraguay, South Africa, Argentina (maybe) and 1 or 2 others.

Archived