Marquee

So with the a-league i let my marquees contract expire without renewing it. Now i want a new marquee player. Ive read that the next highest paid person becomes the marquee and this has happened. But the problem is i cant offer anyone higher that 7500pw or whatever it is because that is the maximum for a key player when signing a contract. How do i find a marquee contract offer so that i can offer wages over 7500?

Thanks in advance

From playing with sydney fc i've found you cant offer a marquee contract. You can only offer what yr wage budget allows and then yr highest paid player becomes yr marquee. Kinda sucks how i read in the MLS who can offer a designated player contract

yeah im playing with sydney fc as well and i got over aloisi who was on 18k per week or something. when he left my highest paid was colosimo on 5k and he became marquee. and then the best paid contract type is key player and the board designates them a maximum of 7k. the developers need to have a look at this in a patch or worst case scenario for FM2011.

the players are dodgy acidburn but im sure if your offering 20k a week to someone old guy whose contract is running out and a club don't want them you could tempt them into striking a deal. but the thing is you can't offer them 20k which is a major problem.

Archived