Players becoming Icon/Legends.

I started out a game at Notts County and ended up, after two seasons getting the Man United job, it's now the 2019/2020 season and I'm a legend. However, during my last game at 34 year old Wayne Rooney scored a hat trick, securing is 200th Manchester United Premier League goal, overtaking Sir Bobby Charlton as United's all time goal scorer (he's also overtook his England's top scorer record and Shilton's most capped record) yet he's just a favoured personnel.

Surely, after such achievements he'd have been knighted! Let alone, a "legend".

I ve had the same problem in the past as well for some reason it is impossible to get a Man utd player passed favoured personnel, on a previous game with man u i won nine league titles in a row with them but still didnt even become a favoured person

same here

Im on legend but i have players who have done amazinly well but are still stuck on favoured personel.. inact i dont have a singler player that has moved up to legend in 23 years at arsenal

Oddly enough, I have become a Legend and players don't seem to have any trouble becoming Favoured Personnel.

Yeah same here.

I wonder whether it is harder to get players on the legends list of the club starts off as a big club?

With Tooting & Mitcham I've got 6 players and myself listed as legends.

Ok I'm in my 8th season as Barcelona manager and everything seems in order for me apart from the fact that Rafael is on the favoured personnel list but has only been at the club 2 years now, where as Iniesta is nowhere to be seen! :eek: So that seems a bit strange - I guess it depends on the fans and what influence the player has had in the media maybe. As IRL many very good footballers do not have the same affection from both club or supporters alike, where as inferior players can be loved! And Rafael a keeper has been unsettled recently becasue he has not been first choice!

Information.png

My youngest striker (20) is already on the legend list since last year.

It does make sense however because he's a first team player since age 18, he's a wonderkid and helped us win the CL twice in a row. Ow, and he's from my own youth academy.

The club legends list has always been a bit of a mystery, I'd love to know the criteria for players to get on there.

My current club captain has just joined the Legends list after captaining our club for 4 seasons, winning two Liga Sagres titles, a Portuguese Cup, a League Cup and a Super Cup, he has become the most capped player with 200+ League Caps and he just popped up one spot at a time, I have taken this club from the 2DS in Portugal up to here, and I am not even favoured personnel, we were also runners-up in the Champions League last season out. It seems to take quite a lot to get someone on the list.

• 2 weeks later...
Which rep did you start out with at Notts County? I am working my way up with the aim of getting the Man Utd post :)

Just professional footballer, I think. Had Man Utd as my favoured club. Won League 2 in first season, League 1 and JPT in second, was getting ready to craft a team that could storm the Prem when Fergie retired and offered me the post.

Yet to repeat the 1999 treble. Was very close in my last season, but lost the Prem on the last day, the FA Cup final to Spurs and lost the Champions League final to City. I was ****ing gutted.

Have the same problem with Leeds. Jermaine Beckford, a player who's goals won my Leeds side Premiership titles, Champions League titles, F.A. Cup's, League Cup's... you name it. Still just a favoured player where as myself as the manager am already a legend. I checked his stats in the favouritism section of FMRTE and it says 100 just as mine does yet i'm a legend and he's just a favourite. Seems wrong tbh.

In my Hull City save, after I won my only EPL with them (I left, but they're running straight into gaining their third one), Mirko Vucinic and Diego Cavalieri became legends. What's weird it's that Vucinic became legend after just one season with a fantastic start (7 goals in 2 matches) but an average season, but Diego Cavalieri had 3 excellent seasons (In fact, that season he got a 7.48 in 38 matches, which surpassed Oscar Cardozo's -Partner, but was on loan and injured in Benfica- 7.48 in 35 matches) but he was nowhere near to even Favourite Personel

Indeed, very rare

I have restructered the scottish leagues in my current save and have taken control of my home town team, Wishaw. They started off in div 3 with a rep of 600. I have been promoted from div 3, won div 2, won div 1 and in th SPL have finished 6th,14th,2nd and have just got to the knockout stages of the europa cup. I also got to the final of one of the domestic cups in one o fthose seasons but lost.

I know thats not a great achievment for most teams but I would think for a club of that stature i would surely be classed as a legend after that but am still only favoured personel.

Well it depends if the fans pick him as player of the year. I've had players become legends after doing pretty much nothing because they were picked player of the year by the fans spokesperson in 3/6 seasons they played for the club.

I signed Nathan Delfuenoso (sp!) on my Leicester save, he became a favoured personnel after scoring 6 goals in his first 5 games, then he got injured and missed the rest of the season. The following season he never hit any form, and I sold him on in the January transfer window, yet he still stayed on the favoured list, maybe only played 15 games for my club.

• 1 month later...

Well just an update.

At the age of 35 years (the end of the 2020/2021 season), Wayne Rooney has finally become a legend after winning 30 competitions and has become England's All Time Most Capped Player and Highest Goal Scorer and United's top goal scorer.

It was after I won my 8th league title this year; him, Danny Wellbeck (who has been a vital part of my team since I took over in 2012 and had a particularly good season) and Yoann Gourcuff (who was my first signing when I became manager) have all become legends.

Hmmmmm thats odd three seasons in for me with Man utd and rooney is already a legend for the club' date=' with evra and valencia being favourite personal.

Those three players did win fans favourite of the year the past three years maybe that has something to do with it?[/quote']

I have David Gray (No not the singer the United reserve right full) and he has been my player of the season 2/3 seasons in a row, yet he is nowhere near it, but my club captain (Who won it last year) is in the favourite personnel so it may have something to do with it but I don't think its a major factor.

I wonder whether it is harder to get players on the legends list of the club starts off as a big club?

With Tooting & Mitcham I've got 6 players and myself listed as legends.

I have gotten 4 players and myself in the Legend list. 3 of those were from before we became a really big club though, so it may well be more difficult with big clubs.

For what it's worth, having played almost to 2030, 3 players have entered Man Utd's Legend list in addition to the old ones: Johnny Evans, Darren Fletcher (don't think he is orginally) and a regen.

Perhaps it's more difficult the more players there are, and United have got quite a few there by default.

I'm pretty certain that good performances against rivals or in important matches accelerate people up the list. For example a striker could be having a debut prolific season. But a youngster comes on as a sub on his debut and scores the winner against a rival and he will automatically become a favoured personnel whereas the striker may not be on the list

Archived