FMH FAQ & Thread Index

FMH 2010 (iPHONE) THREAD INDEX

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Where can I grab a copy of the manual?

The FMH Manual is now available in App form here on the iTunes Store

My game is crashing...

If your game is crashing it's very likely that your iPod or iPhone is low on memory. Simply rebooting your device will refresh the memory and should allow you to play on without any problems.

If your game is still crashing after a reboot then that would suggest a more serious error, such as a corrupt installation. Try deleting the game from your device by pressing the FM 2010 icon until it shakes then pressing the 'x' to delete. Re-sync your device with your computer and try the game again.

The game won't take my input at all and/or continues automatically...

A small percentage of devices appear to have faulty 'shake monitors' on them; usually this causes the game to always think you're shaking the device if you have 'shake to continue' enabled in Preferences. If you disable this in preferences before starting you game you should find that it plays normally as expected.

My saved game won't load...

If your game is failing to load an autosave or manual save file, it's very likely that your iPod or iPhone is low on memory. Simply rebooting your device will refresh the memory and should allow you to load the file and play on without any problems.

We always advise you never quit during gameplay then restart the app immediately as it takes a few seconds after quitting for the game to save your progress in the background. Restarting the app immediately coud interrupt this process and corrupt the autosave file. We recommend waiting at least 10 seconds before restarting the app after quitting during gameplay.

I'm having trouble dragging & dropping my players...

If you are having trouble with the drag and drop method of team selection and the game seems to be confusing your movements with attempts to scroll the page, try dragging the selected player horizontally slightly before moving him vertically. The horizontal movement will help the game distinguish your actions as a drag rather than a scroll of the page.

My team are missing some players...

Please see this thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=202778

Can I listen to music and play FMH at the same time?

Yes this is possible - turn sound off in the preferences, confirm this change. Then exit the game and start your preferred music. When you re-start the game you'll find the music continues playing.

If you are still having problems please post and give us as much information about your device and the issue as possible. If you can provide clear steps to reproduce a problem that would really help us track down and rectify the problem.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FMH 2010 (PSP) Thread Index

How do I add custom logos to my game?

Please see this handy guide.

How do I edit the data in my game?

Please see this other handy guide.

How is the database setup in FMH 2010?

FHM 2010 allows you the ability to select multiple leagues to play with. This means tthat here are a fair few different ways to influence the distribution of players that are loaded into your game.

The game effectively includes 22 databases for you to play with. There are two databases available for each of the 11 nations - one when you load a single nation, and one when you load multiple nations.

Option 1: Selecting only one nation's leagues to load

This will result in the majority of players being loaded from the selected nation, with the top players from other nations included.

Option 2: Selecting a primary nation (all leagues loaded) plus 1, 2 or 3 additional top divisions

Multiple league setups spread the players across the world more evenly than single league setups. You will find that teams will have just their most established players loaded. There is no advantage (aside from processing speed) in opting not to choose the maximum of three additional nations when choosing this database setup option.

This option will also result in more realistic European results due to the improved balance of players at European clubs within active leagues.

Can I select the game start date?

Funny you should ask that! A new addition to FMH 2010 is the ability to choose the starting date of the game. You can choose the start date set for any of the nations you have opted to load.

For example, if you select to load Brazil and England, you will be able to choose to start the game in January 2010 (the start of the Brazilian league) or July 2009 (the start of the English league). This opens up some quite interesting challenges, as with a Brazilian start date set you could take over an English club who are midway through their season and battling against relegation.

How do I save & load tactics?

In FMH 2010, you can create your own tactics and save them to Memory Stick for future use in other games. You are only required to manually save a tactic to Memory Stick if you want to use it outside of your current game and keep for future use. If you don't save a tactic to Memory Stick it will still appear in the game in which it was created, unless you decide to remove it.

Saving

You can save your edited tactic by highlighting it in the formations list (Tactics->Formations) and pressing 'Save', which is assigned to the {Circle} action button. Enter a suitable name using the on screen keyboard and proceed to select an available slot on your Memory Stick. If your Memory Stick doesn't have enough space for a new tactic, you can select to overwrite or delete an existing one using the file select display.

Highlight any formation in the formations list (Tactics->Formations) and press 'Import', which is assigned to the {Square} action button, then simply choose an available tactic to load from the file select display. Loading a tactic will not replace one already in the game (regardless of which formation you have highlighted when you select to import), but you can only have a maximum of 10 custom formations loaded into the game at once.

There is a 'Remove' action assigned to {Circle} to delete the selected tactic from the current game and make space for importing others or making new ones. The 'Remove' action only removes tactics from the current game, it doesn't delete them from Memory Stick, so if you save tactics to Memory Stick before removing them, they can be imported back in future.

What should I do if I find a bug in the game?

Please post in this thread providing as much information as you can about the issue you've found.

I've got a brilliant idea for FMH - who do I tell?

Post any feature ideas you may have in this thread and we'll most definitely take them into consideration for future versions of the game.

Nedum Onuoha is missing from the City squad

I'll just C&P a few things people have posted about the drag and drop system during a match (mainly me tbf)

errm help. I'm 2-0 at half time to Fulham, so i've changed to a 4-3-3. de Jong is down as a FC and Robinho MC so obviously want to swop them around, I can't figure out how. Drag and drop doesn't work as it just scrolls the page up and down, clicking de Jong and then Robinho isn't either

EDIT: Managed to do it in the end through drag and drop but it is pretty terrible. It seems to be pure luck if you manage to click the player to drag and drop and even if you manage it when you move down the page scrolls up

Drag and drop beginning to become a problem now, playing 4-2-4 Gareth Barry gets sent off so change it to 4-3-3 so I can still play 2 up top, bring Ireland on for Bellamy to put him in midfield and I just can't get him into that position, it just either doesn't respond or it brings Bellamy back on
The only niggle I have is the drag and drop when selecting your team, its incredibly fiddly. Any chance the names/position can be made bigger so dragging and dropping works abit better. Or even better, to de select someone out ML for example, double tap on 'ML' and then to select choose someone else for the position of 'ML' double tap the blank box next to their names.
Have to agree here, the drag and drop for swapping players around during a match is pretty terrible. It seems to be complete luck if you manage to actually click the player to drag them and even then when you're moving down and page scrolls up

Being able to click on the left and change position like you can do before the match would be so much better

Nedum Onuoha is missing from the City squad

I'll just C&P a few things people have posted about the drag and drop system during a match (mainly me tbf)

errm help. I'm 2-0 at half time to Fulham, so i've changed to a 4-3-3. de Jong is down as a FC and Robinho MC so obviously want to swop them around, I can't figure out how. Drag and drop doesn't work as it just scrolls the page up and down, clicking de Jong and then Robinho isn't either

EDIT: Managed to do it in the end through drag and drop but it is pretty terrible. It seems to be pure luck if you manage to click the player to drag and drop and even if you manage it when you move down the page scrolls up

Drag and drop beginning to become a problem now, playing 4-2-4 Gareth Barry gets sent off so change it to 4-3-3 so I can still play 2 up top, bring Ireland on for Bellamy to put him in midfield and I just can't get him into that position, it just either doesn't respond or it brings Bellamy back on
The only niggle I have is the drag and drop when selecting your team, its incredibly fiddly. Any chance the names/position can be made bigger so dragging and dropping works abit better. Or even better, to de select someone out ML for example, double tap on 'ML' and then to select choose someone else for the position of 'ML' double tap the blank box next to their names.
Have to agree here, the drag and drop for swapping players around during a match is pretty terrible. It seems to be complete luck if you manage to actually click the player to drag them and even then when you're moving down and page scrolls up

Being able to click on the left and change position like you can do before the match would be so much better

You obviously didn't rate Onohua highly enough ;)

With the drag and dropping during a match; try dragging the player horizontally slightly first, then vertically to swap him. The horizontal drag will distinguish the action as that - a drag - rather than the scrolling of the page. It isn't perfect, but we're taking all of this on board and will see how we can improve things for future updates/versions :thup:

You obviously didn't rate Onohua highly enough ;)

With the drag and dropping during a match; try dragging the player horizontally slightly first, then vertically to swap him. The horizontal drag will distinguish the action as that - a drag - rather than the scrolling of the page. It isn't perfect, but we're taking all of this on board and will see how we can improve things for future updates/versions :thup:

ah that works perfectly thanks. Only thing is it doesn't work with a substitute, so when you bring on a player and want to swap him into another position it won't let you, you have to confirm the sub, go back to the match screen and go back into tactics in order to do it

90% sure if you can get your hands on a UK iTunes Gift Card, you can do it that way. Not sure A) if it's possible or B) if I'm even allowed to discuss here, so please delete if needed mods :p

Yup, that's what I'm doing. Bought one on ebay, just need to try it when I get home.

• SI Staff
ah that works perfectly thanks. Only thing is it doesn't work with a substitute, so when you bring on a player and want to swap him into another position it won't let you, you have to confirm the sub, go back to the match screen and go back into tactics in order to do it

I'll look into getting that fixed in a future update to the game for sure (please be aware this is a VERY fiddly area of code though so it might not happen in the first update released).

I've signed up to this forum just to express my frustration with how buggy this game is.

I have played it for 2 hours in total and in that period it has frozen up twice!

The rest of my iPhone works perfectly, after it froze the first time I reset it and the same thing happened again.

Both times I have lost my progress and had to exit the app and restart it.

Is this something anyone else has highlighted??

Im having issues loading an autosaved game, manual save loads it but auto doesnt.

Also earlier i accidental locked my ipod while playing, i then unlocked and it went to the home screen and didnt autosave so i lost the game save :(

I've signed up to this forum just to express my frustration with how buggy this game is.

I have played it for 2 hours in total and in that period it has frozen up twice!

The rest of my iPhone works perfectly, after it froze the first time I reset it and the same thing happened again.

Might help if you told SI what you were doing when it froze. I've certainly not had any issues at all, personally.

When you say you reset it, do you mean the app or your iPhone? If you haven't rebooted your iPhone for a while it would be worth doing so to refresh it's memory.

Could you highlight exactly what you were doing when the game froze please? The more information you can give us the more chance we have of reproducing and fixing the issue.

Im having issues loading an autosaved game, manual save loads it but auto doesnt.

Also earlier i accidental locked my ipod while playing, i then unlocked and it went to the home screen and didnt autosave so i lost the game save :(

Is there a save present in the autosave slot? What happens when you try to load it?

How long did you leave it locked for? Because locking then unlocking the device should return you to where you are, not back to the home screen...

Just had the same issue but loading a manual save, quitting, then going back and trying the auto-save worked.

When you say you reset it, do you mean the app or your iPhone? If you haven't rebooted your iPhone for a while it would be worth doing so to refresh it's memory.

Could you highlight exactly what you were doing when the game froze please? The more information you can give us the more chance we have of reproducing and fixing the issue.

I reset the phone assuming it was a problem with that.

The first freeze happened immediately after a match. I went to press the continue button and it froze.

The second time I was picking my team for the match and again, just completely locked up.

Any chance of rudimentary player instructions in an update? I don't expect nor would I want PC depth but a few options would be nice - Marking variants, forward runs & set piece positioning would be really handy, for instance. :)

• SI Staff

The first freeze happened immediately after a match. I went to press the continue button and it froze.

The second time I was picking my team for the match and again, just completely locked up.

Can you email me some details about your game (marc.vaughan@sigames.com) then I'll try and work out whats happening and ensure its rectified asap for you.

If you could include:

Device Operating System version (OS 2.2.1 for instance)

Is the device unlocked/jail broken: Yes/No

League selected

Team selected

Date issue occurred upon

Thanks, I've sent you a private message asking for some further info

Is there a save present in the autosave slot? What happens when you try to load it?

How long did you leave it locked for? Because locking then unlocking the device should return you to where you are, not back to the home screen...

Just tried it now and it works but it used to just say restoring data and then just stop at the end.

• SI Staff
Just tried it now and it works but it used to just say restoring data and then just stop at the end.

One thing to be careful of which I should really have posted already is that the iPhone actually DOES multi-task applications already just a bit nastily.

When you exit an application you haven't actually physically left it at that point - it might still be active behind the scenes clearing up.

This doesn't matter at all usually BUT if you re-enter the application straight away then the iPhone OS might throw a sulk if this is the case; this basically causes one or both of the applications to be closed down - potentially messing up any data which might have been in the middle of saving.

In terms of FM, depending on what is going on in your game when you exit it and the speed of your device it can take 2-3 seconds for it to finish saving the save game (for instance if you're on holiday it has to abort that, then save etc.). If you restart the application before that period is completed there is the chance that it will mess up the save in progress and thus lose your save game.

Obviously its fairly rare people leave an application to restart it - so its not normally an issue.

(probably nothing to do with any of the issues posted here today - but thought I'd mention it in case it helps anyone, was "gramw" posts which made me think of it)

How are attributes brought over from the db? Obviously some are combined, but I've seen some very strange ratings such as Charlton's David Mooney (on loan from Reading) having 19 for shooting. Perhaps training improved this, but his db ratings for long shots finishing free kicks and composure are nowhere near that level.

• SI Staff
How are attributes brought over from the db? Obviously some are combined, but I've seen some very strange ratings such as Charlton's David Mooney (on loan from Reading) having 19 for shooting. Perhaps training improved this, but his db ratings for long shots finishing free kicks and composure are nowhere near that level.

Please bear in mind due to 'space constraints' (ie. small screen ;) ) a lot of the attributes in the game have been combined to ensure that the text doesn't have to be miniscule to fit everything in.

As such for instance Pace in FMH shows a combination of Pace and Acceleration - you'll notice in some coach reports he might occassionally mention specific strengths of a player, in these cases its generally where there is a BIG disparity between the two stats which are 'merged'.

For instance in real-life I have acceleration 20, unfortunately thats combined with a pace of 1 ... in FMH teams that'd display probably around a 10 - but the coach might comment that I have poor overall pace or whatever to draw attention to the oddity involved.

PS - Mental attributes are involved in visible stats in FMH and if not displayed they're considered 'hidden' and have to be ascertained by the user.

OK, I've had a few problems with the app today, though not enough to save me from the clutches of addiction. I'm playing the game on a first-gen iPod Touch (y'know, like the one George Washington used) and just purchased it last night, as soon as it came out on the U.S. app store. I played for, well, too long and stopped between matches so I could actually get some sleep.

Got bored before class today and tried to load it up, though, and only got this far. Once the bar filled, it just froze. Rebooted and tried again multiple times. I let it sit there for a while. Still nothing. Finally I gave up and said "screw it, I'll just try something different" and started a new game. Once this bar filled up, it froze yet again. I waited, but nothing happened. When I exited the game, opened it up again and hit "continue game," it successfully loaded up the new game I had just been trying to create.

It's not a big problem at the moment because I hadn't spent a ton of time with it, but I would really hate for that bug to strike once I've invested hours and hours into the game (and trust me, I know I will eventually.)

I also encountered a crash whenever I tried to make a particular transfer offer. Sadly, I didn't stop to screenshot/note the details of that, but I know other transfer offers worked fine. It was just one in particular. If it happens again, I'll certainly provide more details.

I started playing these evening and after completing my first game I closed the app by pressing the home button to read a text. I then loaded it again and continued game, read a couple of news items and received another text but this time I just hit view to read it. When I loaded the app again and pressed continue game the progress bar filled up but it didn't load i.e. I was just shown the new game, continue game and options screen.

I'm using an iPhone 8GB with OS version 3.1.3 and I was playing Arsenal.

I'll probably not rely on the autosave feature in future :)

It's been a while since I played FM but is it normal for squad players to change when a new game is started? I noticed Kerrea Gilbert appeared in my restarted game. Additionally do player attributes vary too? Vermaelen had poor attributes in the first game but decent ones in the restarted one.

Great game, realise that each team can have 34 players so realise that as a Brentford fan it is my duty to tell you what first team players are missing from the start as we have a relatively threadbare squad;

Lewis Price (GK) on loan from Derby (He is a Welsh international)

Leon Legge (DC) - now first choice

Pim Balkestein (DC) on loan from Ipswich

Karleigh Osbourne - DC

Ryan Blake (DL) and Simon Moore (GK) youth players who are regularly on the bench

All were playing for us in Jan Transfer Window onwards

Some comments from me (using webbased help, not sure if app is identical):

The manual states:

Quick Start Active: If this option is enabled, game start up is considerably faster. The option is only available from the main menu and not during play.

The description makes no sense to me. What exactly does it do in the background? I would expect FMHi to always use Quickstarts as we can't edit anyways. So why the option?

Things missing from help:

What does "Wide Scrollbar" do in options? Maybe two screenshots showing the difference?

What does "Confirm Required" do exactly?

What is "Shake Mode" enabled?

Some comments from me (using webbased help, not sure if app is identical):

The manual states:

The description makes no sense to me. What exactly does it do in the background? I would expect FMHi to always use Quickstarts as we can't edit anyways. So why the option?

I'm guessing based from my knowledge of CM3, the use of a 'non quickstarted' FM startup would randomise the database somewhat, where as the quickstarted FM will always retain the same players. Certainly need clarifying though I agree.

• SI Staff

If you use the 'fast start' then it uses what used to be called a 'quickstart' - this means that randomised startup decisions (shortlists made by CPU clubs for instance) will be the same each time you start, if you turn this off they're recreated from scratch for that game meaning it'll have more variation.

Its a minor thing but important for some people.

What does "Wide Scrollbar" do in options? Maybe two screenshots showing the difference?

This is a small one - basically the scrollbar shown on tables is very skinny, this option turns it WIDE so you can click on it and drag it if you're a PC buff and miss being able to do so.

What does "Confirm Required" do exactly?

In the game various options require 'confirmation' to activate (ie. yes/no dialog pops up to ensure you meant what you selected) - this turns off this safety feature.

What is "Shake Mode" enabled?

Shake mode is for people who want to be able to shake the device to force a continue rather than go to the home page and hit continue all the time.

Great game, realise that each team can have 34 players so realise that as a Brentford fan it is my duty to tell you what first team players are missing from the start as we have a relatively threadbare squad;

Lewis Price (GK) on loan from Derby (He is a Welsh international)

Leon Legge (DC) - now first choice

Pim Balkestein (DC) on loan from Ipswich

Karleigh Osbourne - DC

Ryan Blake (DL) and Simon Moore (GK) youth players who are regularly on the bench

All were playing for us in Jan Transfer Window onwards

This should probably go into the missing players thread: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=202778

I've had a couple of crashes so far, mostly when flicking though player profiles in my squad. The most recent one i can remember is about 4 games in with Everton, Yobo had a ! on his name so i was flicking through the screens to find out what it was, and it froze on the screen with the favored personal. I had to close the game using the home button and re-open it, when it loaded from the quick save it was back at game 2 (i assume this was the last time i exited)

The Match Engine also seems to be a bit buggy. I've played about 10-12 matches now and i've seen the following things many times.

* Players just stop moving altogether on Free Kicks and Penalties, the game sits there then goes back to the previous screen it was on (you have to look to see if it was scored)

* All players bar the 2 closest to the ball stop moving and only move in a straight line. So all players are moving, suddenly they all freeze except 1 defender and 1 striker (both named) and they keep moving in the direction that they were going when everyone else froze (often nowhere near the goal)

* Penalties are given then it freezes (so they are not taken) - in order to fix this you have to pause the game then press play.

Other than that it's good fun to play in short bursts :thup:

Due to having a familey (i'm certainly not complaining about this) I have played any form of FM for a few years. Wow, never thought I'd see the day i could play this game on the train on the way to work, brilliant stuff, i've had it for less than a day and i'm hooked already.

Can I make a suggestion for an update - when selecting your team could you make an option whereby if you an empty the box to the left of a players name, instead of it going to another screen it automatically assigns that player the next available slot, so if your team sheet is clean the first box you select wouidl automaticall assign GK, the next LB etc, this would make team selection a lot quicker, the PC version used to have this (maybe it still does)

very sorry if i've posted this in the wrong place, i couldn't see an ipod specific 'suggestions' thread.

I have had weird things happening at the 2D engine.

- A couple of times my attackers, with a defender shadowing, dribbles from one side of the goal to the other without shooting???

- The 2D engine doesn't show some goals

- The 2D engine flashes for 1 second or 2 and I wouldn't know what I have missed.

Also - are Italian co-ownership deals not recognised by the database for the handheld version? I'm using Inter Milan and Mariga has joined Inter this way, yet he is listed as a loanee for a year. I think that's not very fair as Inter did give up two players for him.

Any idea on when the update will be released? =)

Got 2nd place in my 1st season as Dutch side Roda JC :)

I've had some weird issues.

- Juventus bought 7 players from the Dutch Jupiler League?

- AZ Alkmaar sacked manager Dick Advocaat and hired Ronald Koeman! In real life, Koeman was their manager till november. He got replaced by Advocaat... Bit weird that they would sign him again for the rest of the season :)

- In the new season the engine planned a friendly 1 day before the competition starts:

11lj7mx.png

A question for the FAQ that has come up a free times the app store reviews: why are transfer budgets so low?

EDIT: The 'More Info' button in the bottom right needs to be more prominent. There are a few questions about changing formation and if this button were more obvious I think it would help.

by the way just doing a few player searches - filtering by name..

can you search by player's surname? Or do you have to do a player search first, and then filter by name on the search results?

For example I've just started as Leeds...I did a player search on Lambert, Holt and a few others...none of the players came up in the results?

A question for the FAQ that has come up a free times the app store reviews: why are transfer budgets so low?

I'm using Inter and they have a budget of 11.25 mil euros? And Liverpool could splash out 22 mil euros buying Gilardino and Arsenal 17 mil euros for Hamsik.

It's not because Inter doesn't have decent income - even after buying Eto'o, they made >30 mil euros from selling Ibrahimovic.

Seems like all the English teams are getting decent budgets and the rest aren't.

Hey

been a good few years since I've posted on these (well the old) forums!

Really enjoying the simplicity of the new version. Found 1 bug so far and 2 things I don't like

Bug - Seen it mentioned already but quite a feww times the 2D screen is getting stuck. Corners and free kicks is the most common but twice I've had a situation where the player is running with the ball. Stops. Runs backwards. Stops and then about 10 seconds later it's back to the text screen to show what actually happened

Dislikes -

Because the 2D screen is only highlights I don't have the anticipation of whether a text only attack will bring a goal as I know unless it flicks to 2D it won't be (obviously you can turn the 2D off but I do enjoy seeing the goals go in so it's a catch 22). WOuld be good if we could have teh full match in 2d (unliekly due to system constraints I'd assume) or have some goals go in unexpectedly in the text view and maybe a replay in 2d

Finding players - I know storage and space is an issue but not being able to sort or search on attributes makes finding players near enough impossible. As Notts County I have about 750 players interested in joining the side but as I have no idea on stats without clicking on each one I have no idea who is good and who is bad. Would be good to have some type of search on stats (don't need to display them, Just allow a search sreen that says greater than 10 or 15. Something like that)

Despite these couple of quibbles I am enjoying (work is suffering though lol). Thanks Mark, Miles and team!

Ok, just started a new game as Newcastle just to get used to the game.

A few things I just noticed.

1. There is no option to select the date you would like to return back from holiday. I weren't interested in buying players or playing friendlies, so would just liked to go on holiday till start of season (8th Aug), only options you can choose is next match, which was a friendly, next week or a month (12th Aug).

Any chance that we could be able to select are own return date?

2. Whilst on holiday, the club bought a player. I know the "do not buy players" is there, but never ticked it. But I don't think the AI should just buy a player wasting half my budget on a GK I don't need.

Any chance by default that option could be ticked, incase someone just goes on holiday and doesn't see that option?

Other than that, game is fantastic, and never thought I'd be playing FM on my iPhone in work :thup:

• SI Staff
2. Whilst on holiday, the club bought a player. I know the "do not buy players" is there, but never ticked it. But I don't think the AI should just buy a player wasting half my budget on a GK I don't need.

Thats a fair enough request - its on the list.

I have a couple of issues.

I have 2 saves - the manual and the automatic. The automatic save won't load, goes through everything as if it's loading then stays on the same screen.

The manual save will load, but won't allow me to play any games. I get to the 'play match' button and it presses down and nothing happens. I can go on holiday and skip this game, but the same happens on the next game.

I guess I have to completely restart the game, which isn't ideal.

Archived