Official The Netherlands Thread ; Best team never to have won the WC.

Micado

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna be a good football day. Soon-ish, I'll be off to the Chinesische Turm (a monument as well as bar in the Englische Garten, Munich) to meet up with a bunch of my German football buddies. After a few Maß we'll be off to the bar where I've seen all football matches. Nice gesture, after Germany got eliminated, they've called the fans to come support me supporting Oranje on their frontpage. :cool:

KOM OP ORANJE !!

Gutted :( And I have the mother of all hangovers right now.

The best team won though. Terrible game for the neutral viewers I think, Holland tried to do an Inter but failed to score (Robben). In the end the team with the most negative attitude lost. Hopefully we can focus on sticking with our attacking football roots a bit more for the Euro 2012 tournament.

Unlucky guys. I was hoping you would've won the game last night, but Robben ruined your chances of ever winning a WC. I mean, seriously, how the hell did he miss his first chance? It was literally one of the worst misses I've ever seen in the history of football. Why didn't he atleast try to lift it off the ground instead of just tapping it along the ground right into their keeper? Really, it was a horrible miss and it cost you the game. Holland looked shell shocked when that didn't go in. As I said before though, unlucky. I know your pain. I hope you will be able to bring the trophy home one day. Fourth time lucky?

Gutted :( And I have the mother of all hangovers right now.

The best team won though. Terrible game for the neutral viewers I think, Holland tried to do an Inter but failed to score (Robben). In the end the team with the most negative attitude lost. Hopefully we can focus on sticking with our attacking football roots a bit more for the Euro 2012 tournament.

If Holland revert back to this football you speak of it will be another generation of Holland winning nothing.

Holland were unlucky lastnight...

Really I couldn't say one team was better then the other...on paper sure Spain has Hollands number but it never really panned out like that in the game AND I would actually say they had the better and more clear cut of chances.

What a terrible feeling it was last night. I haven't felt so bad due to a football result since Chelsea's Champions League final.

Don't really care about the so called better team winning, but a royal **** is what Howard Webb is. How the **** could he give a goal kick to Spain there ffs.

What a terrible feeling it was last night. I haven't felt so bad due to a football result since Chelsea's Champions League final.

Don't really care about the so called better team winning, but a royal **** is what Howard Webb is. How the **** could he give a goal kick to Spain there ffs.

He makes one wrong decision - goal kick/corner decision - and you call him a royal ****? Bit harsh, I didn't think he had too bad a game.

He's certainly had worse :D

I just love the city, its in my list of top 3 places to visit before I die.

So where are you from, el sid? You're in this thread so often I actually thought you were Dutch. :)

I trust that if and when you ever come around to visiting, you will not be disappointed. For all its foibles, which any city has, I still think it's beautiful and there's no place I'd rather live.

Then come visit, and combine it with a home game of Ajax :thup:

When I was there in January, Ajax weren't playing. :( My friend and I really want to go back and catch a game this time. A trip to the Bob Marley cafe and then a trip to the Amsterdam Arena would be sound, like. Also, those pictures look awesome. The canal's were frozen solid when I was there last. :p

So where are you from, el sid? You're in this thread so often I actually thought you were Dutch. :)

I trust that if and when you ever come around to visiting, you will not be disappointed. For all its foibles, which any city has, I still think it's beautiful and there's no place I'd rather live.

I'm from Chennai in India. No idea why you thought I was Dutch :D

I do support the Dutch national team though.

I'm from Chennai in India. No idea why you thought I was Dutch :D

I do support the Dutch national team though.

Knew you weren't Dutch, but for some reason assumed you were from the UK, never thought that you are from India.

Archived