Changing the meaning of a number

On my game, which is currently in the year 2016, I am manager of Vauxhall Motors and Ghana. I have managed Ghana for about 5 years now and have done 2 ACoNs and 1 World Cup.

I like to give my best player the number 1 shirt, in this case Essien, so he wore the number 1 shirt in the first ACoN and in the World Cup that I managed. I have just played the second ACoN and I noticed that about half of the teams are using the number 1 for outfield players, upon closer inspection I noticed that for all but 1 it is for the best player in the team.

After noticing this I looked at past games which I had saved or taken screenshots of, I looked on my other saved games and couldn't find any team doing this in the World Cup or ACoN.

Have I changed what the number 1 shirt means, is this just a coincidence or just a greyed out player receiving the lowest possible number?

Has anyone else had anything like this or seen any teams using number 1 for an outfielder.

I am planning to try this with Vauxhall to see if other Premiership teams copy my idea.

It is odd that only the teams in the ACoN have copied me, maybe at the next world Cup teams will do it too, I will check the Euros at the end of this season because that is the next International tournament after the last ACon.

I will share my findings as soon as possible.

I know that teams have done it before and that some teams still do use the number 1 shirt for outfield players.

My point is that they the teams weren't doing this on my game until I did it and they used it for their best players not just any outfielder.

Archived