Solid from the back 451 tactic

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the striker must be strong or fast and technical???

Fast pacey and its best to use the striker how hes set in the tactic if you have a better more gifted striker who with better mental stats then change it to the set up i said in a earlier post

I'm took over Sociedad in 2019/2020 when they 20th (after about 15 games) , finished 10th and won domestic cup. Next year Euro Cup.

I've problem in away games with huge teams like Real, Barca and Atletico, and with team talks ( it was simply in FM 09)

I'm took over Sociedad in 2019/2020 when they 20th (after about 15 games) , finished 10th and won domestic cup. Next year Euro Cup.

I've problem in away games with huge teams like Real, Barca and Atletico, and with team talks ( it was simply in FM 09)

how does your team compare in class compared to the those teams? have you tried lowering the D line and width ? raise the time wasting and lower tempo? I never said this tactic will win you everything :p

having good success with this tactic.

Only thing is, my strikers are playing like crap, I have a world-class regen with 20 finishing, heading, composure, passing, technique, heading basically a world-beater who got ratings of over 8 consistently with his former side. If he doesn't score here his ratings are under 6. It's not just him, I have Borja (who is quality), and another regen and none of them are performing in the lone striker role for this tactic?

I tried them in a 4-4-2 and they played fine however?

EDIT: I tried your other setup as well (through balls often, run with ball rarely, roam from position) and they still play *****

having good success with this tactic.

Only thing is, my strikers are playing like crap, I have a world-class regen with 20 finishing, heading, composure, passing, technique, heading basically a world-beater who got ratings of over 8 consistently with his former side. If he doesn't score here his ratings are under 6. It's not just him, I have Borja (who is quality), and another regen and none of them are performing in the lone striker role for this tactic?

I tried them in a 4-4-2 and they played fine however?

EDIT: I tried your other setup as well (through balls often, run with ball rarely, roam from position) and they still play *****

all the teams I have tried it with thr striker has always played well with both set ups I posted , how long has he been in your side? maybe he needs to settle in?

tbh i dont pay much attention to the ratings of the players as long as they are above 6 im happy.

what attributes have tha player???

He said that the striker is preferably Fast.

I presume wingers need Crossing, Off The Ball, Pace, Dribbling, Stamina, Technique and Acceleration.

MCs will need Tackling, Passing, Teamwork, Creativity and First Touch.

DMC will need Tackling, Work Rate, Teamwork, Strength, Anticipation and Stamina.

DL/R will need Tackling, Stamina, Acceleration, Positioning, Concentration and Crossing.

DC will need Tackling, Marking, Heading, Strength, Jumping, Concentration and Positioning.

There just basic guidelines :thup:

thank's corkey...what trainings do you use andrjam?

I never use Downloadable Training,

In the Latest FM, Players tire a lot faster. The downloadable Training, (In my opinion), tire player even more. I always leave it on the default Training and just improve the coaches. :thup:

Yet, if you want a Training, then I would recommend Tugs, as it is very popular. (never used it though).

Corkey have you tried the tactic yet mate would love some feedback from you if you can see anywhere it needs improving

Don't have much time at the moment. :thdn:

If you could upload some screenshots of your Team Instructions and your Striker as some people are complaining about his ratings. Then I will add some light upon the issue :thup:

got there in the end was a nail biter at one point but chuffed to bit's

1z51czp.png

Im using this tactic right now, and i'm getting some good results...... But seeing that you have conceeded 69 goals in the league it may not be so defensiveley sound?

Steve

spike he moves the wingers next to the striker so maybe thats casuing the GA to be high

if you check back at the start of this thread you can see different teams i used it with and the CCC is as low as 0.6 over 5 games with everton

steve id like it if you tried out the tactic and point out any flaws if you can mate would be of great help as i have stated this is near enough my first ever personally created tactic

Used this tactic and got 2nd in coca cola league and got promoted in my 2nd season though.

Bought Andrej Kramaric 19 year old in my 2nd season, great striker, got me 43 goals this season

Anyway, does my team sucks or is that the the "solid back" tactic dun really work for my back four, lost 10 times though, 2x worst than nottm forest

4525516637_1cc458066a_o.png

As far as the striker goes I can recommend a player like Rooney. He has been an absolute beast for me with that tactic scoring 35 goals in 32 games so far leading the PL by more then 9 goals above Agbonlahor and I don't use any corner routine but he takes penalties. So having a fast an robust striker works really great I think.

Im using this tactic right now, and i'm getting some good results...... But seeing that you have conceeded 69 goals in the league it may not be so defensiveley sound?

Steve

yes mate it does look bad but as i stated too andrjam48 ( take a look at the screenshot my fixtures on 1st page) i started using this tactic when i played colchester did'nt use it from the start. oh andrjam swansea got me back they beat me 2-1

yes mate it does look bad but as i stated too andrjam48 ( take a look at the screenshot my fixtures on 1st page) i started using this tactic when i played colchester did'nt use it from the start. oh andrjam swansea got me back they beat me 2-1

gratz on the promotion mate :thup:

Divine retribution haha

Swansea Till I Die:D

Been trying to get this tactic more defensive without losing to much attack prowess and heres some results so far

Original tactic tested with Everton over 5 games

Average stats

Shots

Everton 25.4 opp 8.2

Shots on target

Everton5.8 opp 3.6

Clear Cut Chance

Everton 2.4 opp 1.2

4 wins and one lose 12 goals and 6 against

Results

dyq8ed.png

and heres the results from the tweaks I have done

Average stats

Shots

Everton 16.8 opp 6.2

Shots on target

Everton 7.2 opp 2

Clear Cut chances

Everton2.6 opp 0.6

4 wins and one draw 11 goals for 2 against

24mdvtl.png

Average 0.6 ccc against us its pretty mean :thup: also one goal was from a set piece

Take your time in resleasing it :) make sure their are no obvious weaknesses :thup:

Agreed.

But when you do release it you should re-do the start of this thread, to show your newest tactic and the results you have had with it.

Steve

ahsoon you got the 2nd most goals scored and the 3rd best defense you just missed out on the title by 5 points and to top it all off your scunny:eek:

what more you want:p

haha grats on your promotion though mate

thanks mate :]

Been trying to get this tactic more defensive without losing to much attack prowess and heres some results so far

Original tactic tested with Everton over 5 games

Average stats

Shots

Everton 25.4 opp 8.2

Shots on target

Everton5.8 opp 3.6

Clear Cut Chance

Everton 2.4 opp 1.2

4 wins and one lose 12 goals and 6 against

Results

dyq8ed.png

and heres the results from the tweaks I have done

Average stats

Shots

Everton 16.8 opp 6.2

Shots on target

Everton 7.2 opp 2

Clear Cut chances

Everton2.6 opp 0.6

4 wins and one draw 11 goals for 2 against

24mdvtl.png

Average 0.6 ccc against us its pretty mean :thup: also one goal was from a set piece

How this going then?

How this going then?

will be testing it more later tonight im trying to get the team to defend in 2 banks of four with the dm in the middle plugging holes think.

all i changed so far i think (not in front of my pc atm) is lowered the MC mentality 2 notches lower and the closingdown of the DM is 12 i think and MC,s is the 15 fiddled about with it so much last night i cant remember 100% lol

Won the cup double in Scotland with this tactic. I think it is brilliant. Solid, and creates lots of chances. I am in my 4th yearin Scotland, but due to a minimum budget, my squad is pretty average, so I definately have to say that this tactic have been good for me. Some games I tend to give away a solid lead, but for now I think it is because of my players, not the tactic.

Good luck with the new version.

will be testing it more later tonight im trying to get the team to defend in 2 banks of four with the dm in the middle plugging holes think.

all i changed so far i think (not in front of my pc atm) is lowered the MC mentality 2 notches lower and the closingdown of the DM is 12 i think and MC,s is the 15 fiddled about with it so much last night i cant remember 100% lol

Who would think that just a few little tweaks, the tactic could be made even better!

Steve

Hiya, I'm currently playing Dagues challenge at the moment and have gotten my team Nuneaton Borough up to the Championship, however I'm struggling at this level so I'm going to try your tactic out and see how I go. I'll post some results and feedback later today for you.

Ok so I've played some games with the tactic - results as follows:

Portsmouth(A) Loss 2-1

Notts Forest(H) win 2-1

Southampton(A) Loss 4-1

Ipswich(H) Loss 5-1

Plymouth(A) Loss 1-0

Leeds Utd(H) Draw 0-0

Not a fantastic set of results, but I've only just gone up to the Championship and have some players who may not be up to standard. On top of that changing to a 451 is a complete change from the 4132 I've been playing with and the added fact I've signed 12 players in pre-season. I'll stick with it for a while longer.

Archived