Black pitch?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody could help me. Every couple of months in my game, during a match the pitch turns black and the game runs very slow. I have also had a few crash dumps, what are these? I have to restart due to both of these things happening, does anybody know? Thanks :)

It does sound very much like a graphics card issue (I've got memories of playing Rome: Total War with a totally black campaign map, which was...interesting :D), though it's a bit odd if it's only happening "every couple of months". Pay attention to matches where it happens and look for things like what the weather is and what the pitch condition is...I'd guess your graphics card might be pushing right at its limit and when it gets something a little more strenuous to process, it's giving up the ghost but hopefully it's something that you can watch out for in advance and can disable certain graphics options to avoid it killing your computer. I would have suggested that your graphics card is overheating, but my personal experiences of that involved the computer restarting when the graphics card could take no more. Whatever the case may be, it's not good.

Yeah, you may want to try to play with lower quality resolution, with other programs running on the background, and with no other programs running, to see what happens. Also, try to update your memory card driver online. Cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived