Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An improvement I would like to see is with more database options for new games. Currently there are only three available sizes which are not too different than each other. The unlockable fourth database size ("huge") is significantly larger, but is said to have problems over a long-term game.

I think a slider that allows you to select the number of players/staff would be a good addition to the game. Taking this idea a bit farther, perhaps that slider could be customizable for each continent. For example, perhaps I want a European-heavy database I could add more depth in Europeans, without growing the number of South Americans & other nationals. For the international gamer, there could be defined levels to make sure national teams will have enough players to play, without having to "load all players" ("load all crappy players") from that nation. With this as well, perhaps a continental option to "make all Asian national teams playable" or the like.

I like this idea - but one stage further (and I appreciate this may be WAAAAAAAAY beyond the art of the possible) what about the ability to load more as the game continues? I remember the old CM 93 etc on the Amiga and the update that takes about 5 seconds now (between seasons) used to take well hours and several disk changes. How about adding the ability to reselect the countries, players etc mid-game - I am sure peeps wouldn't mind a delay while the game did this

Also (I think I mentioned this in an earlier set of posts but just in case) can SI have a setting that puts all league names into the game irrespective of whether you have the leagues loaded? I have loads of preferences about the way player histories look but if they stay the same its quite annoying to sign someone from Holland (if you dont have the league live) and have them with loads of blank league history

I hate how if you win the world cup even with a relatively unfancied side like sweden, as soon as next season starts the FA are only satisfied with your performance, even if its only two weeks after the world cup final.

IRL if you won the world cup with almost any team other than Brazil you would surely be a national hero, feted for life etc (if it was england). I really hate the ''satisfied'' comment, or the ''still sure they made the right choice in appointing you'' comment (you think!). Would really like to see this changed

in fm10

This seems to be an issue across the game. I won the league with Norwich and the next season I'd gone from very happy and had a job for life status to satisfied. This element is clearly linked to "the current year" objectives so hopefully its not a big tweak to get it right? Maybe behind the scenes there needs to be a history table - a bit like the euro coefficient thing that ranks the clubs in europe setting manager (and teams) performance over time i.e. a small team winning big is a big big achievement whereas man utd winning the league again is probably less significant (although still important)

What I think would be great is on the match screen a widget which allows you to see exactly where each shot has beaten taken, colour coded with if its on/off target or blocked (similar to how you get it on tv.)

Shouldn't be too hard to implement

I would like to see a role in the game for Blatter and Platini. They are 2 of the most important people in football outside the pitch. Maybe they can give the medals and the cups after international and continental tournaments. Or have an opinion about big transfers, etc.

I like the slider idea that is mentioned above.

I also like the "change things that are loaded into the game" idea that is mentioned above.

1.scouts can go and scout all your shortlist(Dont know if you can do this already or not)

2.I'm using Bohemians and have 8 of my starting 11 in the irish squad, would like if my league matches were postponed due to international commitments.(Match are not postponed in the Irish league)

3.scouts sending videos of there players, think it was in an old version.

4.Training Camps, you could decide if the camps were to be based on tactics, fitness and so on.

5.Show when other managers contracts expire so you can filter to see whos are expiring soon(it help whn your deciding to sign a new contract)

6.Long players back for season after buying.

7. Chairman puts pressure on you to sign big players(Like Man City rice owner wants big names at his club)

8. Interaction with chairman ever 2-3months.(discussions on transfers,weather club is going forward..........)

I'd like there to be a way to see budget projections for the year.

Basically a page where all projected income (gate receipts, match-day revenue, merchandise, fees that still need to be paid for players, etc..) and projected expenditure (wages, fees that still need to be paid for players, match-day expenditure, maintenance, etc..) are calculated to give you the projected end of the year balance.

In theory it should be very easy to create. It'll just be an extra page in the finance section. It'll be very helpful for those of us who like to manage teams in the lower leagues.

When replying to offers, I'd like to see option Accept all offers from other countries (leagues).

very good idea! So that you can sell to other leagues and reject offers from yours! I could use this feature a lot!

The Main thing I would like to see in future versions is the ability to buy a player from a club and have the option in the transfer to loan the player straight back to the selling club. For Example Tottenham bought Kyle Walker for £3m from Sheffield United and then loaned him staright back to Sheffield United.

first of all I finally had time to play FM2009 for real in July despite buying it on February. Half of my summer holidays are wasted in front of PC but it was mostly quality time. My overall feeling for version 930 is very good. If I was to rate it I would give 92 out of 100. Despite being best on its own catagory I'm sure SI is non-stop working on it. Here are some new features and improvements I would like to see in FM10.

-> In real life when a manager leaves a club or signs for new club usually they go with their own stuff. Meaning that most coaches bring their own Ass Managers and fitness coaches with them (if not more) to whereever they go and when they resign/sacked, same people usually follows them. It would be nice to see similar personal attachments at least for top class coaches in FM.

-> Now we have favoruite clubs for players which affects their view on moving clubs, also their ambition to play in bigger nations and bigger leageus have affect. Also some players have a favorurite nation for whatever reason. For example some players may exclusively want to play in Spain.

-> sometimes I have players which I want to get rid of and there are teams interested then I do most obvious and put them transfer listed and offer to clubs with half price or less. I keep doing it until someone bothers to make an offer and usually it works fine, depending on the player I sell them around %20 to %50 of the real value. but sometimes I cant sell some players even if I set asking price to 0, teams are interested but they still say asking price is too high (do they expect me to pay to them for buying my player)

-> %90 of the time I watch the games in Extended highlights mode. Every now and then it shows so much of out of play instants such as goal kicks throw ins, refree interactions, injuries and such... I think these should not be shown in extended mode or should be shown much faster. I understand and like the fact the they are in the game and some of them are nicely related to time wasting concept but we just dont need to wait and see them unless it is full match mode.

->I believe it is mentioned here before a lot but the possibility to score from corners are not seem to fair and real. I tried many variations and it seems challenging Goalkeeper produces much more than any other option. I dont mind scoring goals from GK challange but after finding this combination, I hit at least every third corner and score in evey tenth (about) which almost means a corner goal in every second or third game. with any other attempt I could only score 2 or 3 in entire season. It would be nice if this is balanded and there should not be any exploit tactic or totally useless tactic.

-> In match engine, which is getting better and better in my opinion eash year despite all the complains. I have one small but very visible and disturbing issue. Every now and then 3 or 4 times a season I score or concede a goal where the ball just bounces and end up just in front of goal line static. Then none of the defenders or GK do anything for at least couple of seconds and a forward comes from way behind and tips it in. I guess this is a small bug in ME, I cant imagine GK or defenders watching ball 1 meter in front of their goal line.

-> I asked this for FM 08 and I will ask it again; I would like to have an option to save my players even after they retire and does not want to stay in game. So I could come and look their history when ever I want. Their player and staff profiles can be removed but personal and history would stay. so when a player announces his retirement there could be option in misc menu saying save this player permanently so in case he does not become coach he just remains in game as a retired player. in fm07 I had a striker whom I bought when he was 22 and he retired when he was 34, he was loyal, solid performer and a fan favourite then suddenly he stoped playing and said he wont stay in game. I would love to see him remain in game as a non-player so I could go back and look his great stats when I miss the old days :)

-> Tooltop help for attributes. The explanations we have on manual should be accessible in game. I still confuse some of the attributes and somehow fell lazy to open manual and read them (despite my manual is 50 cm away from my PC).

-> My last wish is a bit extreme but I would love it and I'm sure many will eventually use it. It would be nice to have an option in game when you create new manager and if it is selected whatever happens you will never be fired and always get at least 1 year renewal for the contract. Board satisfaction may be very low, fans may be restless, team can be low on morele and press can throw all sorts of crap on us but still we will keep the job. I dont want this to try how low I can get Real Madrid or something like that; but I want to to some some extreme methods for building squad such as relying heavily on home grown youth players which means I can not achieve expectations for the first 3 4 years but eventually I may have a very young and solid team. I'm sure different people may use this option for different experiments. Now we can do it by creating a new manager each time after we are fired but it would be better to do it with the same guy.

I have two ideas i have been thinking about for FM10:

1. Very often i the Danish league it happens that a club agrees the bosman transfer of a certain player. After the player agress to the contract (and the transfer is settled) the two clubs agree a nominal fee for the immidiate transfer of the player. He then changes clubs immidiately instead of waiting for the bosman transfer. This scenario should be possible in FM as well.

2. Autoupdate of the database. Assuming that SI continuously updates the database with recent transfers anyway (for the next version of FM) it would be a great service offer if you could allow users to download the latest version, thereby eliminating the hazzle users have with manually maintaining the database themselves with recent transfers. In my view it would be an amazing and really valuable service.

1) More African & Asian leagues - sad that we have no Middle East league yet...

2) Faster 3D match loading - kinda slow for my liking...

3) Faster loading time - too slow, I have to wait for a few minutes for the game to continue...

4) Buy a few exclusive license- **** Konami, doesnt add J-League on PES series although they got J-League rights (maybe they put it for Japanese version only)!

5) Make 2 modes - normal and easy... Easy mode = you will always win when even using a keeper as a striker & a striker as a keeper...

6) Dont add any new features for FM10 & FM11 - please improve the current features first...

1) More African & Asian leagues - sad that we have no Middle East league yet...

2) Faster 3D match loading - kinda slow for my liking...

3) Faster loading time - too slow, I have to wait for a few minutes for the game to continue...

4) Buy a few exclusive license- **** Konami, doesnt add J-League on PES series although they got J-League rights (maybe they put it for Japanese version only)!

5) Make 2 modes - normal and easy... Easy mode = you will always win when even using a keeper as a striker & a striker as a keeper...

6) Dont add any new features for FM10 & FM11 - please improve the current features first...

Why ?

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I was thinking if you are managing a club and get offered a job at another club, I'd like to be able to add clauses, such as bring my assistant/coaches to the club as well or increase the budget to ensure you can sign certain players.

Is that possible?

Just small ideas to be considered in FM2010

National Teams-Friendlies

If you are managing Brazil, Argentina or an African teams ; you shall be allowed to play friendlies in England, France or Spain, and not only choose between Home and Away.

Tactics-Players Movement

Players shall be allowend to move into directions without the ball, like in FM 08 or FM 07 ; as for a defensive midfielder to cover behind an attacking full back for example.

Tactics-Free Kicks

As a manager I shall have more options in free kicks situation, like dividing the pitch into squares and you choose 1 or 2 options for each freekick in each square.

GamePlay-Yellow Cards for wasting time

A desperately needed addition, a goalkeeper can stand for 1 min to play a goal kick without being booked.

i`d like to have more freedom with the arrows on tactics page,enable to go from left to right and diagonal...abit like in earlier editions of fm

The arrows don't represent movement anymore.

They represent frequency of forward runs.

1.scouts can go and scout all your shortlist(Dont know if you can do this already or not)

2.I'm using Bohemians and have 8 of my starting 11 in the irish squad, would like if my league matches were postponed due to international commitments.(Match are not postponed in the Irish league)

3.scouts sending videos of there players, think it was in an old version.

4.Training Camps, you could decide if the camps were to be based on tactics, fitness and so on.

5.Show when other managers contracts expire so you can filter to see whos are expiring soon(it help whn your deciding to sign a new contract)

6.Long players back for season after buying.

7. Chairman puts pressure on you to sign big players(Like Man City rice owner wants big names at his club)

8. Interaction with chairman ever 2-3months.(discussions on transfers,weather club is going forward..........)

RE Point 2 - Would be good if as any club you could approach the FA and or the opposition about postponements due to internationals, or even big cup games. Happens IRL - some times its feasible other times its not. Also can U19's be classified as internationals please; in Leagues 1 & 2 games seem to get postponed when you have X number of full or U21's however not for U19

-> sometimes I have players which I want to get rid of and there are teams interested then I do most obvious and put them transfer listed and offer to clubs with half price or less. I keep doing it until someone bothers to make an offer and usually it works fine, depending on the player I sell them around %20 to %50 of the real value. but sometimes I cant sell some players even if I set asking price to 0, teams are interested but they still say asking price is too high (do they expect me to pay to them for buying my player)

On a slightly different note can Transfers be tweaked slightly so that clubs want players who are close to their PA - the amount of times I have managed teams up through the leagues and needed to sell championship quality players (because they can't quite cut it in the Prem) but no/few teams want them. IRL even if the player is as good as he is going to get there would be loads of clubs in the champ, league 1 and so on prepared to take him because he is better than what they have.

I have two ideas i have been thinking about for FM10:

2. Autoupdate of the database. Assuming that SI continuously updates the database with recent transfers anyway (for the next version of FM) it would be a great service offer if you could allow users to download the latest version, thereby eliminating the hazzle users have with manually maintaining the database themselves with recent transfers. In my view it would be an amazing and really valuable service.

RE this point does anyone know how difficult it is/would be to have the patches add the ability to start at that point of the season? I.e. there is usually a patch/update post X-mas with the transfers and so on; normally this just ends up with player histories being cocked up with multiple teams in that season.

What I am asking is instead of the updated game starting in July could the patch give the ability to start in Jan with the transfer changes implemented as future transfers? I know the game can mock play the season as I often start as an English Club in Feb 09 (sweden league start) and the season has been dummy ran so I guess the question is how difficult is it to add different start points to the game?

Have been thinking about how to deal with news better. May be add a few more key headlines from the news section to the inbox. So if you manage an English Championship side, you get the national team news, a couple or so weekly headlines from the other divisions in your national league. And then may be a couple of headlines from other national leagues and International competitions. It's just to give you a flavour of the whole game without having to search around for news.

There also needs to be a news icon which has direct links to every playable division news section in the game.

I'd also like a one click button option which you set up before the game starts and can change during it, where you can set the game so that physio requests, press conferences, team talks, pitch size requests and even team picking can be dealt with automatically. So you customise the game to how you want it. The game is too fiddly at the moment.

Idea for the tactical aspect of the game: For long i have been missing a feature in the game to make more explicit tactical improvements between games. Right now the only option for improving performances from game to game is be simple "good-bad" teamtalks, thereby only improving the morale aspects of players performance.

I would like a feature to adress specific problems like you see in real life, e.g. give after match instructions like "you need to work harder for each other", "we need to be more focused in defence", "we need to move the ball more wide", "do not get downhearted when you are one-down" etc.

You very often hear a loosing manager talk about these things relating to team-effort, and then the team will go back to the training court and try to work on some of the more team-oriented problems for the next match. You will then (maybe) see the effects in the next game, where players e.g. work harder for each other.

I would simply like the abilty to answer the media question "......... has been performing very well recently, do you feel you will be able to keep hold of him much longer"

Id like to be able to say "I dont rate the player as highly as you, he can leave when we recieve an accpetable offer"

rather than, yes, maybe, or no

Guest MattJasina

Here are some ideas:

1)Create training camps abroad. This would be both club and country. Being able to have a selection of clubs/national teams that can be played during that camp. Not just playing countries, but also clubs. If playing in South Africa, you should be able to choose a club team to play against, but also a national team, if in FIFA match calender.

2) A better training system. Creating a timetable for each week of training sessions. Show what individual thing will be worked on. Each individual activity should be stated. For example, bleep test and then corners. Also creating individual plays for corners and active play. Give each individual coach a group of players and a activity to coach.

3)Make the transfer system more advanced. Trying to recreate the Kaka/Man City, more speculation. make the transfer fees more reasonalble to the players. A player in real live who is worth £1 million, should go for that amount, or maybe the club can bargin and get him for less.

4)Some players will reject going to a certain league, such as turkish players to russia, or spanish players to turkey. This should be fixed as in real live it happens. The cheaper brazilians should be able to transfer to Latvia, as if they play well they could be transfered to a better league.

5)Let the manager express his plans for the season or for the time of his contract. Such as if a manger has 3 year contract, he should be allowed to say that he will be in the top ten in first season, next season, europe, then last season championship. If he is playing in europe, the manger should be expected to say what are his expectations are.

6)All the clubs who have no players, such as if you get a feeder club or are playing in europe and look at an african club, should have regens instead of no players. Or atleast a couple of original players and then regens.

what do you think?

not sure if this has been mentioned before but

i personally would like to see more player interaction

i got a message the other day from my left wiger who has been at my club for 10 years now and is close to retirement i think....

his message was ...

Your coaching staff have indicated that your ageing Peruvian midfield playmaker Diego Bustamante's best days are now behind him and he is now struggling to perform adequately at the club's level. In the report however it is indicated that they feel that Bustamante is a good influence on younger players and should be allowed to see out his contract for this reason.

(maybe a coaching thing where you can ask experienced players to give tips to the youngsters in your squad to improve their game???)

Bustamante has himself indicated that he is under no illusions and knows his best days are behind him, however he also expressed his desire to thank manager Kev Kennedy whose inspirational coaching sessions have helped to minimise his decline.

this put a smile on my face because he's one of the players you never want to let go :(

it would also improve the game if this happened more often because i would think that the players have a mind of their own :D

another thing is when players have been at your club for many years and they want a new challenge but when u get the message that they want a new challenge it says... The 24-year-old asserted that only a new challenge at a bigger club will enable him to stay on top of his game.

im sure i am in the bigger clubs of my gameworld varying from the top 10 to 30 and so dont understand why would he want to move to a bigger club :(

I'd like to see talk of compensation when manager's are linked with other posts, and whether or not they'd take some backroom staff with them, etc.

Basically add a bit more to the "manager transfer" section...

I have quick proposition to be part of FM10.

To make several cups in pre-season time, like Peace Cup, Audi Cup, Guadiana Tournament, Emirates Cup and so on.

It would make pre-season a lot more interesting.

this thread is a monster to search through, so forgive me if this has been suggested in the past...

i was struck by the thought as i started a new game and set my experience level that it would fun/interesting to select what clubs i played for. so i can set myself as a "one club man" (which could feed into news stories as i get a job away from that club for the first time, or even play against the club, or am the "prodigal son" returning to manage the club i played at) or perhaps choose up to three or fours clubs you played with during your "career".

obviously if you set your level to Sunday League footballer, you won't be able to have a career that includes Man Utd, Barcelona and AC Milan. these clubs would be off limits. but if you were an International Footballer then you could. it could also mean that you could start the game with a couple of languages etc.

it's a game changing idea or revolutionary, but it could add an extra layer of realism and interaction during the game and through up the occaisional interesting news story...

Rangers Legend Joe Bloggs brings his Hearts side to Parkhead to face Celtic. The new manager is sure to receive a hostile reception from the home fans, who remember all too well the years Bloggs spent playing for their great rivals. <-- that sort of thing.

I feel agents could really spice up the tranfer aspect of FM if added correctly.

Agent approaches trying to sell players appears to be very big at all levels of real life management, Harry Redknapp has commented on the past about how he is flooded with agents trying to gain their players moves during the transfer window all the time and if included would definitely add to the realism of the game.

Managers often talk of their good "contacts" and i feel this could also be a small feature which could enable you to unearth hidden gems and handy loan deals. Could also make the manager interaction feature of the game have more of an affect.

Potential ability needs to go soon I think. Let players personality, age, form, injuries and competition level alter the way they can progress. The sky should be the limit for any player.

I made a squad of 22 players, all aged 18, for a BSS team. Each of the players had 200 potential ability and CA varying between 70 and 90. I then holidayed. 7 years later, only 1 guy has became an international (198 CA). This is because he is very professional (19). The second highest player is 158 CA playing for mid table prem side. The lowest player is 92 CA rotting away in some lower leagues reserve team.

Ditch the artificial cap, make players attitudes and all the other factors the reasoning for players developing.

However, in order for this to happen, players personalities will have to change more frequently, making you as a manager make sure your young players keep there head screwed on in order for them to improve.

Maybe adding a hidden desire attribute could be cool. Young youth player, burning desire = 20. 5 years later, still not getting 1st team action, desire falls to 10. Gets a decent move and plays 1st team action, desire goes back up to 15. Ambitious player hits 30 and big team decides not to renew his contract and he can only sign for a lower league club, desire falls, he loses interest because not playing at high level anymore and decides to retire early. (Just realised the happiness rating could/does do this)

Sorry for going off on one. I just think this area of the game can be expanded so much more as, in real life, there's factors into why some players develop and others fizzle away.

Also, decimal ratings neeeeeed to go. Can't stand them.

Maybe in this next FM, we could maybe have Man Utd actually playing as a team, instead of Giggs or Ronaldo (well he's gone now) passing it to Rooney, who takes on 3 awesome centerbacks and finishes past your experienced keeper.

And the attributes need vast improvement.

Potential ability needs to go soon I think. Let players personality, age, form, injuries and competition level alter the way they can progress. The sky should be the limit for any player.

I made a squad of 22 players, all aged 18, for a BSS team. Each of the players had 200 potential ability and CA varying between 70 and 90. I then holidayed. 7 years later, only 1 guy has became an international (198 CA). This is because he is very professional (19). The second highest player is 158 CA playing for mid table prem side. The lowest player is 92 CA rotting away in some lower leagues reserve team.

Ditch the artificial cap, make players attitudes and all the other factors the reasoning for players developing.

However, in order for this to happen, players personalities will have to change more frequently, making you as a manager make sure your young players keep there head screwed on in order for them to improve.

Maybe adding a hidden desire attribute could be cool. Young youth player, burning desire = 20. 5 years later, still not getting 1st team action, desire falls to 10. Gets a decent move and plays 1st team action, desire goes back up to 15. Ambitious player hits 30 and big team decides not to renew his contract and he can only sign for a lower league club, desire falls, he loses interest because not playing at high level anymore and decides to retire early. (Just realised the happiness rating could/does do this)

Sorry for going off on one. I just think this area of the game can be expanded so much more as, in real life, there's factors into why some players develop and others fizzle away.

Also, decimal ratings neeeeeed to go. Can't stand them.

I agree and disagree with the CA/PA argument. I think its important to understand that FM is a database game; in order to have players develop they need a start and potential end point; 200 is essentially the sky. I read a few years back that most of the things mentioned above do contribute to the player's likelihood to succeed but also elements linked to the clubs, managers and experience. I.e. if a young player plays 5-6 years in the lower leagues he will never become 200 because the standard of opposition doesn't stretch him while in the reverse if he goes and sits in some prem team's reserves he will unlikely become a superstar quickly because he isn't playing regularly.

If you look at a lot of the young stars that come from say Man Utd eagles, shawcross, martin etc they probably would have had a high PA score initially but sitting in the reserves playing wrexham reserves etc isn't stretching them therefore after x years their CA wouldn't have reached its potential; they go off to lower league clubs, play regularly and become the big fish in a small pond and suddenly their CA is likely to be closer to their initial PA

I would also argue that caps are quite important because players do have limits a 26 year old blue square premier league player is unlikely to be able to become an international superstar even under Fergie or Wenger (I know there will be exceptions but probably not to those extremes.) On that basis I can understand the CA/PA approach and I definitely understand the -1 to -10 random generator element.

That said I do think the point about other factors such as drive (although isn't this determination?) should be made more important and that the clubs and managers they play for will likely impact on these variable which would impact on the CA/PA i.e. if a player plays under an oppressive manager who he dislikes then he might lose the drive to improve whereas a talented people manager might invigorate a player to improve above his perceived level.

So perhaps in tune with your idea the external factors should have a weighting assigned to them so that some impact on CA & PA more than others while the caps should probably be more flexible in youth and solidify more as the player gets older (which sort of happens now around age 21 but could be better)

Able to filter goals to games, testemonials as said, and the whole PA think i think there should ALWAYS be a room for improvement, say for instance a player had 128 CA and 128 PA, thus meaning he WONT inmprove, if you had to give him a training schedule with intense attacking but keep the other training categorys at a level were they wont drop, his attacking attributes should then increase ?

Archived