Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Secondly, to filter exactly what to have your scout search for. For example, I want a good, propesctive GK; I will tell myt scout to look in location X for a goalkeeper that is at most 21. THis means my scout comes back with different options for me.

You can do that :)

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think that i would be fine to see the press conference of the oponent (they will play in attack or defense? They will made some changes in tactics?). In this way we can antecipate better the game and make some alterations in our tactic according to the press conference of our oponent

ps: sorry for my mistakes in english =P

Want to see the option for a club manager to recommend his player/s for the Under 21s Under 19s or the full national team of whatever country he plays for. If that player, of course, warrants such a recommendation through his displays? That would be a good one to have in FM10. Also, that the bookies odds for a club at the begnning of a season is not connected to the history of the club but rather, how the club has performed, throughout the week, month, season.

These odds would go up or down regularly - depending on how a team is doing during the season. I think that would be a realistic thing to add too. Also, more in-depth team talks at half time and full time. The option to bollock a player, or team, in more ways then we can at present if they are not performing to the standards we expect. More in-depth press reports, with not so much of the same thing being repeated over and over. Also players from other clubs, the option for them to admire players - or managers - from other teams during the season. I have not seen this in any incarnation of FM to date. I have seen where they admire their own team mates, but not other players from other clubs {apart from the club/s they have been transferred from.}

It has probably been mentioned already but it'd be nice if the AI wasn't so dependent on the CA/PA values, it kind of makes the game feel superficial when you find a good player with low CA and you can't sell him for half the price you can get for a worse player with a higher CA.

Maybe the game should adopt some sort of "rating system" like Genie Scout, I generally don't use scouting programs, I think they ruin the game, but usually after I'm done with a game I check my players in genie scout, and most of the time the time the "Current rating" is VERY accurate. If Genie can do it so can SI.

Completely agree with this. AI is far too reliant on CA and doesn't take into account the actual attribute distribution of a player (which is far more important in determining his quality). Not too difficult to implement either.

I think FM09 is the best yet, in terms of realism and where the game is heading.

As always though tweaks are needed.

I rarely post on this forum but I have some spare time at work so have decided to have a butchers. Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if some of my suggestions have already been mentioned.

- Media - tweakments are a must. The media play a massive part in our game today and it simply isn't reflected enough in Football Manager. We should be able to approach the media rather than them just approach us. This could be to talk out about a current players attitude, or his failure to make the international squad etc etc.

- Player interaction - again, tweakments are a must. We still can't really speak to our players. We can't talk to them when they're unsettled as we should be able to, or talk to them if they wish to move. We should now be able to hold a set of discussions trying to resolve an issue.

- More off field coverage - By this I mean players and fans conduct off the field. Players are always in the limelight and it would be good to see this included in the game. You may have a bit of a jack the lad that is constantly out on the town that needs bringing down a peg or two. You can build relationships and a stature. You could be seen as somewhat of an easy touch or a tough disciplinarian and it all depends on the attitudes/mentality of the players and indeed yourself in regards to how they react. With fans it would add more realism if in "tense" games incidents occured which led to the club possibly getting fined due to crowd disturbances. Wouldn't add to your gaming experience, but would add to the realism of the game.

- Attendances - This is something that really grates me. The attendances simply aren't realistic enough. I have taken Bristol Rovers to the Championship and we're on the brink of the Premiership yet we're still only getting 9,000 a game, despite the stadium being increased to around 18,000. First game of the season should always draw a big crowd, and attendances should be reflected in terms of how your team is doing. We should also be able to approach the media to call on fans support which could lead to a positive or negative effect.

- Discussions with other managers - We should be able to hold conversations with other managers. Build proper relationships and perhaps help each other out where required. In football managers always do each other favours here and there and this isn't reflected in the game. I know FM09 currently has the "feels we could become friends" stuff but it's too basic and pretty much means sod all to be honest.

- Board interaction/fans opinion - Remains very patchy and annoying and totally unrealistic and is one of the more annoying things the game has to offer. I know in todays footballing world success is demanded here and now, but I think it's far fetched somewhat in FM. The mood of supporters after certain games is ridiculous. Getting a battling 0-0 draw away at a top side and your fans come away feeling "okay" makes no sense whatsoever. There needs to be more realism here and understanding. The board interaction as it is just may not aswell be there it's that bad. The board play a massive role in football today but it isn't even slightly reflected in FM09.

- Training - There needs to be more work done here. Certain drills to perhaps get the players doing. It's far too simplistic and easy in it's current structure.

- Interviews with players - Something that should be included at least once a week in the game with a local newspaper as you do in real life. Thoughts on how the season is progressing, thoughts on the boss and team-mates etc etc.

- Organising trips away - Had a torrid three or four weeks? Got a two week break before your next fixture? How's about having the option to approach the board to ask whether you could take the players away for a few days either abroad or somewhere in England (country you're playing). Team morale bonding session. Could work or could make things worse depending on personalities of the players?

--

These are the things that I've thought of today pretty much off the top of my head. Like I say apologies if already mentioned and apologies if it comes across as if I'm moaning. I love FM09 but would love to help in anyway I can to make it even better.

Keep up the great work guys.

- Media - tweakments are a must. The media play a massive part in our game today and it simply isn't reflected enough in Football Manager. We should be able to approach the media rather than them just approach us. This could be to talk out about a current players attitude, or his failure to make the international squad etc etc.

- Player interaction - again, tweakments are a must. We still can't really speak to our players. We can't talk to them when they're unsettled as we should be able to, or talk to them if they wish to move. We should now be able to hold a set of discussions trying to resolve an issue.

These two areas continue to be my key areas for work with FM. This hasn't changed for the past 2 versions of FM, and sadly, I feel it will continue to go un-addressed in FM10 (ah well, I was back to alternate years this year with FM anyway, so here's hoping for FM11!)

I still feel that this is the area that, with proper development, could really take FM to the next level of immersion (not a 3D match engine). At the moment, FM, like all management games, makes you feel like you are in charge of a bunch of machines. Occasionally, they are tempremental machines, but machines nonetheless.

You also feel as if you are some kind of demigod figure, because opposition managers, the media, and the fans don't really seem interested in interacting with you. They just pop up on occasion to ask you some random questions.

There needs to be more dynamism in the way media and managers react that needs to change during the course of the season. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If I am tipped to be a mid-table team, but I'm challenging for the title by the mid-way point of the season, the media, opposition managers, fans, and everyone involved should change their reactions to reflect this. If an opposition team, not tipped to challenge, but 2nd and only 2 points behind after 30 games, is playing against you as a title-challenger, the media, players and opposition managers do not react that it is a key game. They should.

I think the basic structure is fine; depending on your rating/prediction the media and other managers have a pre-determined way of interacting with you. However, this should be dynamic as the fortunes of the various teams ebb and flows.

As for the second point, we definately need more options to interact with our players as individuals and as a team. If the team is winning matches, but I am not happy with the level of performance (say, lots of scrappy 1-0 wins against teams we should be beating comfortably), at the moment, I cannot criticise the players without lots of cries of "unjust, unjust!". I should be able to criticise.

I should also be able to pick out individual players and notify them of various things; need to work harder, he'll get his chance soon - at the moment, these aspects are in the game, but they are often reactionary, whereby the player needs to be acting up first before the manager can respond. I feel it should be open to the manager to pre-empt some of this by constantly being 'in touch' with his players.

Anyway, this doesn't seem to be a focus on FM10 (again) so I continue to talk about it and wait in hope for FM11. :D

What about this?

After leaving a club, or even at the end of a season, you could be approached to do an 'exclusive one-off interview'. There could be lots of in-depth questions, for which you have to give interesting in-depth answers. Whilst this could be a good money spinner, your answers could result in controversy and friction with managers/players.

A similar idea:

Probably mostly for smaller clubs:

A TV channel asks to do a behind the scenes documentry at your club. Again, a potential money spinner, that would also the public's exposure to your club, resulting in more fans. Although, it could lead to tactics being leaked, players giving controversial interviews or general friction and meddling.

What do ya think?

- Pay money to existing loans. (Example: Loan for 20mil till 2012, but your saldo/balance is 40mil, you can pay more per month so the date will end quicker or pay everything at once)

- Loan money from banks | Like Real Madrid | (Loan money from banks with the previous year balance)

- A Chairman option after quiting as manager, you can buy a club with your earned money in your career. Also upgrade the clubs training/stadion or w/e with your earned money, or give some for transfers.

Also you can deside who will be the manager and when you fire them.

Example;

10 Mil earned in my managing career

IFK Gotenborg is worth 10 Mil, you can buy the club for 51% (ownership) 5.1 Mil - so you got 4.9 Mil for upgrades/transfers w/e

Also you must be able to sell the club again and make money out of it.

I'd like to see something like this included in the game, sure it's purely cosmetic and isn't going to change anything but currently when a player leaves you get a message in your inbox saying "Player X signs for Team Y for £Z" I think maybe just an option on that email to praise the departing player or possibly take a cheap shot at the departing player would work.

For example I signed a 17 year old AMC on a free 5 seasons ago and he's gradually improved and become an important part of my first team however much like a certain Mr C.Ronaldo, he decided he wanted to leave and I offloaded him this summer for £2.5m. So I get the message telling me he's signed for whatever club and I decide as a last tribute I'll tell the press what a good player he is and instead of him being pleased with his glowing report from his former manager he throws it back in my face saying he doesn't care what I think and is more worried about his manager.

As I say it doesn't achieve anything (except maybe improving your relationship with the player) but I think it'd just be a nice touch and of course there could be the flip side where you say he was nothing but trouble and you're glad to see the back of him.

Voice commands!

So I could go into the tactic screen and say something like "Left back, normal tackling" to change the tackling setting, instead of having to click through.

I'd also like the UI to become 3D, I'm not sure how though :D

Probably be a bit of hard work but when they have the news item about the weeks action in the league maybe have like a Match of the Day type thing where it can show the highlights from all the games? Just be something fun to have in the game

Get rid of An Ex International why not just have a name for the ex international?!?!?!!!

Not getting removed from clubs favoured personal just because you've left as lots of managers are still liked at their former clubs for what they've done

Having Sepp Blatter and Platini moan about the money in the Prem when Real Madrid spend over 200mil on 3/4 players :p

I hope there will be enough 7-star technique coaches, at least as much as 7-star coaches in other areas

I think both the game itself and data editor mistakenly read the database. They confuse "coaching technique" with "technique"(an attribute no longer used since FM2009).

A manager in most continental clubs only have the right to advise but not decide in transfer. He should tell the board what kind of players he want. Then the board will response him with a list of players. The manager can suggest one or two players in that list. But only direct of football or chairman will be able to make a final decision.

I think Lii is on to something... I'd like to be promoted to the board or whatnot. Or, if I've earned enough money, I'd like to be able to buy a small club, appoint myself chairman and manager and go from there. That would open all the chairman aspects (new grounds, seat prices, sponsor negotiations, etc.) to editing/decisions, as well. I think that would be hugely fun.

I'd like the jerseys on the 3-D match engine to change if I create a new jersey for my team. I'd also like to be able to pick the keeper jersey colors.

I'd love some in-game way to edit jersey numbers of other teams. No editing of attributes or anything, just jersey numbers. It's incredibly annoying to see Cristiano Ronaldo play for AC Milan and wear jersey number 82.

But, and this is most important, since I like playing the US leagues, I want to see full schedules for all of the USL leagues (that is, USL-1 and USL-2). All the teams are in the game but they don't play full schedules. That's hugely annoying, esp. when I'm in charge of the Canadian national team and a bunch of players are unfit because their teams don't play any games except friendlies. Also, the trading system needs to be worked out (perhaps hire an American or Canadian consultant to help you out with the finer points, SI... I'll work for relatively cheap ;-) ). I think it's crucial that all of those teams get full schedules if SI wants to appeal to the entire US/Canadian fanbase.

Also, someone pointed out above that it would be great to edit everything: I agree, esp. since MLS in the US is expanding. I should be able to add the teams as I go or change the teams if I so desire. Just a thought.

I think Lii is on to something... I'd like to be promoted to the board or whatnot. Or, if I've earned enough money, I'd like to be able to buy a small club, appoint myself chairman and manager and go from there. That would open all the chairman aspects (new grounds, seat prices, sponsor negotiations, etc.) to editing/decisions, as well. I think that would be hugely fun.

I'd like the jerseys on the 3-D match engine to change if I create a new jersey for my team. I'd also like to be able to pick the keeper jersey colors.

I'd love some in-game way to edit jersey numbers of other teams. No editing of attributes or anything, just jersey numbers. It's incredibly annoying to see Cristiano Ronaldo play for AC Milan and wear jersey number 82.

But, and this is most important, since I like playing the US leagues, I want to see full schedules for all of the USL leagues (that is, USL-1 and USL-2). All the teams are in the game but they don't play full schedules. That's hugely annoying, esp. when I'm in charge of the Canadian national team and a bunch of players are unfit because their teams don't play any games except friendlies. Also, the trading system needs to be worked out (perhaps hire an American or Canadian consultant to help you out with the finer points, SI... I'll work for relatively cheap ;-) ). I think it's crucial that all of those teams get full schedules if SI wants to appeal to the entire US/Canadian fanbase.

Also, someone pointed out above that it would be great to edit everything: I agree, esp. since MLS in the US is expanding. I should be able to add the teams as I go or change the teams if I so desire. Just a thought.

I'd like the option to have a head scout to arrange scouting throught the world, Most clubs have them.

Also like to speak to potential singings before they sign to say what we expect from them and why they should come to us.

These both happen in real life so surley they should be implemented in a game that tries to be as life like as possible.

I'd like the option to have a head scout to arrange scouting throught the world, Most clubs have them.

Also like to speak to potential singings before they sign to say what we expect from them and why they should come to us.

These both happen in real life so surley they should be implemented in a game that tries to be as life like as possible.

1/ When looking at your squad, be able to click into the first players attributes, then use the down arrow to go to the next player in that position automatically without having to go in and out of each players attributes screen..I know you can compare, but sometimes you just want to quickly scoll through...I know you can sort by atribute...but I mean the graphical display, nice seeing quick comaqrison without having to go and choose who you are compaering.

2/ When searching your shortlist and knowing your budget is 10 MILL why not mutliple offer players...IE from the table selct more than one player in the shortlist and give the same offer to multiple players that you want.

3/Change the boring set media comments.....add a bit of character....I am sure the same questions are not asked each week.

4/ Get team feedback - why not have the players have an opinion...if your playing the wrong style for your team...and it affects how well you play....perhaps the team captian can say "hay listen - we all think we would be better with 5 in the Midfield"

5/Frustration level - no good finding out a player is unhappy all of a sudden... a good manager will pick this up in real life and act as it happens why not have a meter so you can see "Potential affected performance" and if it isnt 100% then you know there is something amis.

6/ Make set plays for free kicks....how cool would that be...use the tactics screen to do this.....shoose how to do a fancy set play....or have predefined ones but only accessable if players skill level allows.

7/ Be able to rest players easily, I know you can advertise that your going to rest someone....but its not good for their morale...so why not be able to selct 4 or 5 players and say..."need you guys fresh for the next game"

8/ Substitute with explanation.......if you drag a player.....why not tell him why...this would happen in real life surely......IE you dragged a guy that wasnt gettting stuck in with tackles even though you told him to.....why not tell him so he knows to do it.....could be a good double edged sword.

9/ Individual player marking should be set from the Oppositon tactics screen...use a drop down for each opposition player....IE where you choose "close down always" why not use "man marked by x"

10/ Allow player captains to have interviews with the press.......find out what they think of the way you are currently playing.

Am enjoying this game so very much .........Taken Leeds to currently second place in Premiership in 3 seasons.....2 x promotions but looks like I wont win the league this season...but look out next season

1/ When looking at your squad, be able to click into the first players attributes, then use the down arrow to go to the next player in that position automatically without having to go in and out of each players attributes screen..I know you can compare, but sometimes you just want to quickly scoll through...I know you can sort by atribute...but I mean the graphical display, nice seeing quick comaqrison without having to go and choose who you are compaering.

2/ When searching your shortlist and knowing your budget is 10 MILL why not mutliple offer players...IE from the table selct more than one player in the shortlist and give the same offer to multiple players that you want.

3/Change the boring set media comments.....add a bit of character....I am sure the same questions are not asked each week.

4/ Get team feedback - why not have the players have an opinion...if your playing the wrong style for your team...and it affects how well you play....perhaps the team captian can say "hay listen - we all think we would be better with 5 in the Midfield"

5/Frustration level - no good finding out a player is unhappy all of a sudden... a good manager will pick this up in real life and act as it happens why not have a meter so you can see "Potential affected performance" and if it isnt 100% then you know there is something amis.

6/ Make set plays for free kicks....how cool would that be...use the tactics screen to do this.....shoose how to do a fancy set play....or have predefined ones but only accessable if players skill level allows.

7/ Be able to rest players easily, I know you can advertise that your going to rest someone....but its not good for their morale...so why not be able to selct 4 or 5 players and say..."need you guys fresh for the next game"

8/ Substitute with explanation.......if you drag a player.....why not tell him why...this would happen in real life surely......IE you dragged a guy that wasnt gettting stuck in with tackles even though you told him to.....why not tell him so he knows to do it.....could be a good double edged sword.

9/ Individual player marking should be set from the Oppositon tactics screen...use a drop down for each opposition player....IE where you choose "close down always" why not use "man marked by x"

10/ Allow player captains to have interviews with the press.......find out what they think of the way you are currently playing.

Am enjoying this game so very much .........Taken Leeds to currently second place in Premiership in 3 seasons.....2 x promotions but looks like I wont win the league this season...but look out next season

Very good points imo, specially 3,5,6,7,8 & 10.

- The possibility to offer multiple players for loan at once. Like a tickbox or something.

- A "reject all" button for unsuitable offers. I.e. when I want to loan out a player and only get "backup for the first team" offers.

- Even better, setting the player status, so you will only get loan offers from teams for which he would be a first team player

- Setting additional clauses to a players transfer status. I will only sell my youngsters with a % of the next sale, but at the moment I have to manually change every offer I get, to include that.

- When a match goes to penalties: being able to sort players by their penalty taking skill

- In player interactions: Criticize your players for unnecessary yellow/red cards.

Better Interaction.

- More interaction with players not at the club (IE. Talking about transfering him and what your club has to offer)

- Better negotiating with other clubs over transfers (There is next to none atm!)

- Press conferences are extremely repetetive (Improve greatly or delete)

- Match day communication is weak. (IE. I want to tell a sub "get on and get me a goal son!"

love the idea of maybe having a chairman option... but my idea is too maybe have friendlies played in places like asia etc i.e the barclays asia cup wher 3 premier league teams are going there to play but u can apply to use any stadium you want and you have option to pay so much of the ticket income towards the team whos stadium you may be using.... and my final idea is maybe to only get offered under 18's teams jobs or reserves when u start unemployed in a career as you are starting to see it alot more in real life and u would feel more realistic as you would have to prove yourself with youngsters first then when you get top job you woulc already know the younger players therefore your team would become more youthful...

Being able to list a player for loan but have the AI understand that you DON'T want to sell him and you WILL NOT accept a loan to buy deal. It's really frustrating when you want to loan out a player and all the interested teams come in with loan to buy offers.

this is just a request really for future games but can you make approaches for my coaches as requiring attention (red light) in my inbox as i have the timeout option switched on and i always miss approaches for them and end up losing them. especially in international breaks. i even miss them sometimes and ended up 1 season without 4 coaches leaving 4 training boxes unfilled lol :( and yes my team crashed and burned. my fault i know but i think it would be a useful addition, along with all my other suggestion :p

I find the t.v live games unrealistic. If I finish 2nd in the prem, surely my games against the champions should both be on t.v for the following season? Minor issue, but should be sorted, the games I get on t.v are not against teams at my level, which would happen IRL.

I would like the option of when a tournament comes up you are asked do you want to scout the tournament and which scout would you like to send and i would like to do this for all touranments please

I think you can already send scouts to tournament. Press F7 and send them to the one of your choosing.

I don’t agree with the buy a club option don’t see the need for it. Could have more influence once you have been at a club for a long time though, like when Wenger helped design the emirates!! I think working under a director of football especially at a club like Madrid, or when you first take a job would be a good addition, the relationship with the director of football would be interesting, maybe you don’t get on but you have won the league every year, you could demand to be in control of different aspects like Benitez did and get rid of him when sorting a new contract, or he could be a legend of the club and what he says goes and you find yourself as more head coach then manager!

Boardroom interaction is a must as well, Instead of board updates how about board meetings could work similar to press conf. (which also needs a lot of work.) set long term goals are a must, if your a club like Coventry your aim should be over amount of time, we want to build each year and aim for promotion in three seasons. Something like that, or Chelsea where the aim is more about the Champions league then maybe the League. Dependant on chairman, club history etc

Which leads onto Chairman Personality, (didn’t they have some stats on old Fm's?) Mental stats such as patience, understanding of the game, business skills things like that! Bringing them back would be good, and they should affect the game more, twenty seasons in with P'boro and Real Madrid have only had two managers!!! Shocking never happen in real life! Presidential elections in Spain as well should reflect on the game, a new chairman might replace you with a bigger name as part of his manifesto or might have promised a player!

Overall 09 was wicked I think these are just little things which would add to it I think.

In a non game play improvement, I play with just commentary no sound etc so maybe if you could buy the game with just them options which would make it faster! Like different packages, basic this would be just commentary, Standard 2D or premium which would be the full shabang!![/color]

-----> One Idea

--> Training Camps

In the pre-season you should be able to arrange training camps where you can go to a location and hard slog training. Most clubs do this like NUFC who are at a training camp at Ireland. This means you get allot more concentrated training. This could be a request in board room.

I think the degree of control you have regarding signings should vary significantly at different clubs; it should also be something you could negotiate on signing your contract at a club, or refusing to go there. For example Wenger at Arsenal has complete control over signings, Pellegrini at Madrid, Ancelotti at Milan etc have/had none.

The higher your reputation the more a club like Real would be prepared to allow you a say and so on. I think it would add a lot to the game, having to manage and integrate a chairman's signings; it would also allow the game and your role in it to be drastically different the greater your level of success and repututation.

Not sure if this has been said already but i couldnt be bothered to look through all 46 pages, i think it would be a good idea to be able to tell a player when you sign him where you will be playing him, for example: if i have no right wingers but alot of strikers but i find a striker who is rated 5 stars as a right winger. When i sign him instead of half my strikers getting upset and complaining about it, it would be nice to tell them he wont be playing as a striker.

What do you think?

I think the degree of control you have regarding signings should vary significantly at different clubs; it should also be something you could negotiate on signing your contract at a club, or refusing to go there. For example Wenger at Arsenal has complete control over signings, Pellegrini at Madrid, Ancelotti at Milan etc have/had none.

The higher your reputation the more a club like Real would be prepared to allow you a say and so on. I think it would add a lot to the game, having to manage and integrate a chairman's signings; it would also allow the game and your role in it to be drastically different the greater your level of success and repututation.

So you wouldn't be able to sign any players at all.

Sounds a bit crap.

Would like more historical Data stored. No need to get overboards, but it shouldn´t be that big a deal to display how many goals a player scored in a certain competition like the Champions League of the Eurocup, overall number for his career somehwere and maybe an added line in the history below the league line (sth like International Games) .

Cheers,

Mario

All I will ask for is for National team managers contracts ...

Also if you allow the media interviews to only be used for star signings, Accepting a new managerial job or big games like derbys, cup finals or european games ...

I know that's not much to ask for and this would make the game that much better for little work

My idea, sorry if already mentioned.

When you go to opposition instructions at start of the game, the bottom box telling you who to put to weaker foot, closing down, hard tackling etc, I'd like a option to automatically do what he reccomends, as its annoying having to re-set them every game.

Archived