Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Let the ass. man. do the pre-match individual assignments (closing down etc.) i am doing what he says anyway, but cost me a lot of time and clicks.

Give option to take over the first team coach assignments for the youth team.

Have a widget that lets you switch through different tactics you saved before during the game.

Be able to adjust sliders in a widget.

Option to put multiple players on transfer/loan list with the multiple player marking option via string.

Havin multiple options if a new stadium is built.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sliders

I'd like the sliders to be simplified to 11 'points' each rather than 20-odd, ie 6 being dead centre, 1-5 being short passings/slow/narrow, 7-11 being long/fast/wide. This'll make it a bit simpler for people complaining its too complicated whilst keeping the complexities of a unique tactic. Also the 'points' should be consistent- at the moment the sliders aren't divided into equal points, near left of centre there seems to be a half-point which is pretty lazy.

Injuries

Whether it be through assman (or should it be physio in this case?) interaction- "Joe Bloggs appears to have tweaked his hamstring", or in the tactics screen, we should definately, definately be able to see what injury a player has when he picks up a knock in-game. Its been noted that at the moment if you click on a green-cross-injured player in-game it takes you to his profile where it says "potential leg injury" or "potential head injury", but a head injury could mean concussion (serious) or cut (not serious). Leg injury could be a bruised shin (not serious) or a pulled hamstring (serious).

My idea as an alternative would be to add a third coloured cross- green for walking wounded (incorporating bruises/cuts/muscle tweaks), orange/yellow for fairly hurt (pulled muscles/sprains/concussion) and red for serious (broken bones/dislocations/torn muscles/ligament damage) etc.

Player Instructions

I'd like to see player instructions similar to team instructions- predominantly the inclusion of a width slider. You can control the longitudinal mentality of an individual player with attack/defence mentality, why not have a latitudinal one which gives the option of playing a tight, narrow formation away from home which, when you get possession, the wingers peel away and look for space on the touchline.

Contract negotiations

Additional clauses for player and manager contracts. Ie,

• giving a player a pay-as-you-play deal

• adding a clause such as "a new contract guarunteed if you play X games/score X goals/keep X clean sheets"

• on loan contracts, adding a clause that a player can be recalled after a certain time. My team, Brighton, loaned out a young striker Jake Robinson who we need back due to an injury crisis but we can't recall him until after 28 days.

Also when signing a player for the club, tell him what your plans are in the same way as you do when you sign a manager-contract, ie we will avoid relegation/push for promotion. It shows your ambition to the player and if you struggle he could become disgruntled *cough*Modric*cough*Bentley*cough*all Spurs players*cough* :D

Transfer negotiations

Its been said before but they have to be sorted out. The selling club's answer to your enquiry should be the ceiling of their request.If a club has a £2m player they're asking £4m for him, and they're given an offer way over it, say £3m upfront and £3m in installments, they would never, never say no. They know he's really only worth £2m, the only reason they're asking for £4m is to be given an offer better than he's worth and therefore financially advantageous, or to scare the buying club off. The final fee of £6m would definately get accepted, provided it wasn't (a)a rival club, or (b)they wanted the money up front. In which case they should accept £4m upfront, not re-negotiate to the £6m you offered in installments.

Press conferences

A lot of people are saying more questions/answers but I would be inclined to lean a different way.

Option 1- just sort out the wording, its so ambiguous on some questions I don't know what I'm answering. Example:

Player X seems to capable of playing at a higher level. What do you think your chances are of keeping him?

I couldn't agree more/I can see that view/I have nothing to say/I'm not sure about that/I completely disagree.

By choosing 'I'm not sure about that', am I saying 'I don't think he can play at a higher level' or 'we won't be able to keep him'? And what the hell would I couldn't agree more mean?!?!?

Option 2- allow press conference questions/answers to be more customisable. My understanding is that people would be able to edit them like the database, or like skins/facepacks etc. It seems they're not so customisable, and yet there I would put my house on there being loads of people willing to put together really comprehensive, immersive question&answer packs that could be downloaded in the same way as other graphics or community edits.

Press conferences should also be advanced with being able to call your own for a new signing- in which you can tell the world how Player X fits into your plans. This links nicely with...

Fan/Chairman Feedback/Interaction

Again its been said before but if I buy a 17y/o for tuppence and don't play him for 2 seasons I don't want my fans annoyed. They should understand he's a hot prospect, and not featuring is not an adverse reflection on his talent, or potential thereof. If a player's happiness can be coded to be linked with (amongst other things) his squad status, fan reaction to a player should also be linked to that status. Similarly if a player gets injured he shouldn't be seen as a bad signing. If I buy a first team player who breaks a leg on day 1 and is out for 4 months, the fans shouldn't be on my back about not picking him.

Well. That's my 10 pence (or 10 quid, whichever way you look at it). Hope its taken on board. :)

Some suggestions...

Assistant manager

User able to become assistant manager to enhance their reputation.

Alternative training

Manager can take their team on an alternative training trip depending on their budget, e.g. taking the team to Dubai for team bonding, etc

Sideline talking

Manager shouting instructions from the sidelines during the game

Transfers

Some clubs have a structure where the manager buys the players, whereas some have a footballing director or something similar. Have that instilled at certain clubs to reflect on the current way of footballing life.

Please, please, please, something for people playing in the lower leagues...

When I defeat relegation with a team that was supposed to be relegated (whenever that happens anyway), there should be the same party on the streets and greetings from the board as if we were promoted...right now, all I get is...nothing. At all. Come on, not even a "the town of ____ celebrated ____ team staying in ____ league, when all odds where against them."

you know, something that makes me believe that FM is also for managers who dont win trophies, but win relegation battles...

One thing more that one of the previous posters has inspired me to suggest:

Pre-saveable opposition instructions. I usually set my opposition instructions up in an almost identical way for every match (close down everyone in midfield and attack, show the wingers inside, and strikers onto their weaker foot etc.). I would like to be able to save my opposition instructions and apply them to the relevant positions (i.e. save a set of instructions for strikers, and then in the opposition instructions screen have it available in a drop down menu next to the player's name), rather than having to click repeatedly at the beginning of every match. I think this must be possible since FM has pre-set tactical instructions for your own players available in the 'Set to' menu at the top of the tactics screen.

Also, I'd like to see the opposition instructions have more effect. I always tell my players to show the more attacking members of the opposition onto their weaker feet, but I don't see a noticeable difference.

I've said this before but I'm going to say it again because I think it should be a necessary addition to the game:

Another level of past manager experience to fill the gap between Pro and Semi-Pro. That is too broad a category and it leaves too big a gap between the jobs each can take as an unemployed career game manager.

It should be something like:

International

Higher reputation Pro

Low reputation Pro

Semi-Pro/Non-league

Amateur

Far too often I find myself divided between starting as an ex-pro unemployed manager and an ex-semi-pro unemployed manager. I know that as the former I can get jobs in the Championship, but the latter will leave me waiting for jobs in the BSS/BSN, with many being turned down. There's nothing in between unless you take the higher bracket and self impose limits.

Give us the Serie D and Eccellenza. More lower leagues would be great. Licensing wouldn't be difficult since they aren't in any game. Also more options for press conferences and more communication options.

This might only appeal to PSP gamers, but how about the option of transfering your game save to PSP format?

That way you can play your game saves on the go!

Impossible tbh, due to the huge differences between the games. FM09 PC has a lot more on it than FMH.

It would be great if a set-piece designer was introduced into the game, but it should be tested good enough to ensure that there won't be any "super-designs".

Also, it would be nice to have the oppotunity to set up a training game between your playes, as in real life.

The option to completely hide attributes, so you never see them in a game. Already got the option for attribute masking, but I'd love an option to completely remove attributes, even for players in your whole squad. It's tough at times not to just reduce players to a bunch of numbers, I'd like to be able to have to decide on who I want to buy based on past performances, stats, scout reports only etc.

Another couple of ideas:

Outgoing transfers on the confidence screen.

This might not always be the case for the biggest clubs, but I think it could be a great addition for all the others. The fans' confidence in the signings is important, but is only one side of the transfer dealings 'coin'. Have I got enough for the wonderkid I've just sold? I've made a profit on the troublemaker they didn't like me signing last summer, are they happy? I've released the club legend because I can see he's shot it, but is that a PR disaster? Are they glad I offloaded the talented but injury-prone winger who's been in and out of the side for the last five years?

More detailed coach reports

If I send my scout out to watch a player three times, he comes back with a report that has three or four sentences in each sub-section. However, despite working with my current players every day, my coach can't muster more than a brief sentence. I think there's room for more to be included in the coach reports.

One area I would like more feedback on would be the mental attributes of my players, particularly their reactions to criticism and praise, and how to motivate them, e.g. the coach saying player A "likes a challenge" which could signify that my team-talks for this player would be more successful if I followed the "I expect a performance from you"/"Prove a point!" line than the "I have faith"/"You can make the difference" line. This could evolve as the coach spends more time with a player.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but i would like to have the ability to spend the money that i earn through my career, i know its not really managing related but would be interesting to have in the game. only something simple tho jst annoys me having earnt all that money through my career and not being able to spend it on something. jst a thought :D

Not sure if this has already been said, what about something to explain to your players why your withdrawing them from an international squad. For example, you could have Important league/cup game coming up, just back from long term injury/not match fit or something like don't want player involved.

Implement Button

I'd like to see an option that allows you implement your Assistant Manager's Feedback during a match. It would save you from having to flick between his feedback and the Opposition Instructions screen.

It's a small change that would make a difference. I get the sense that a lot of people don't enjoy the current way assigning OIs work.

An implementation button would be a good addition to the game.

Another option regarding assistant manager is the ability to automatically select reserve/unused players for a cup game in the ask to pick,

Reason: If I am involved in a not so important competition, I would like the assistant manager to select players that do not play much in the league (like Ferguson in MANU).

1- A button to select if we want the ass man to implement their recomendations during the match. Closing down, tight marking, weeker foot, on a especific player. This will simplify the game experience... as it is today I simply don´t bother with that aspect of the game. And sometimes I feel that my team would perform better if I do what the ass man says me to do.

2- The possibility to make zonal marking when defending corners kicks. Or a mix between zonal and manmarking.

3- The possibility to select witch player will manmark a specially dangerous oponent. I see too many times one of my smaller players beeing chalenged by a big oponent and at the same time my DMC with 190cm is marking an oponent outside the penalty area!!! IRL the manager says to all his players who he will mark, specially the more dangerous. Now we have almost no control over this feature.

The possibility to select witch player will manmark a specially dangerous oponent. I see too many times one of my smaller players beeing chalenged by a big oponent and at the same time my DMC with 190cm is marking an oponent outside the penalty area!!! IRL the manager says to all his players who he will mark, specially the more dangerous. Now we have almost no control over this feature.

We do have "Mark Tall Player" and "Mark Small Player". But I agree that more control would be nice.

A much more detailed interaction with the board is a must, especially in teams which are in constant media limelight, and from countries where there is intense media concentration on football.

So for example, a detailed end-of-season conversation/interaction with the chairman where he tells you how he thinks the team performed, you performed and you recap the season. You could include conversations about which players you think are going to star in the future, explain yourself in certain situations (I haven't been using these young players this season, but they trained well, and I plan to give them a bigger role in next season's campaign), set your priorities (I really need a DL), ask for financial management (if I sell a key player or 2, can you invest the money in Youth Facilities to get them to World Class?)

For example, at the moment in real-life, Olympiacos chairman is offering contract renewal to manager Ernesto Valverde, and one of the stipulations is: "You must take full advantage of the whole squad." and he is referring to 2-3 young footballers who rarely featured this season. The chairman was unhappy that certain players did not feature at all, and were always outside the starting line-up and not even on the bench, such as winger Mirnes Sisic who eventually had to be released on a free transfer.

Also, the Olympiacos chairman also said that the manager should take full advantage of our Brazilian striker Diogo, as he is considered a top asset of the club. So, if you choose to rest him during a Champions League game even though the player is fit and has not violated any disciplinary procedures, the chairman would be unhappy, as he has already declared to the manager his intentions that he is a top club asset, and hoping to sell him on for profit in the future.

Basically, to avoid the game becoming tedious season after season as it always has done in all versions, a detailed interaction with the board, the fans and the media... Every time you rest a player, or leave a player outside the starting 18, or choose to change tactics etc. you would get REACTIONS from media and fans always, and at times, from the board, so you can see that your week-to-week management of the team has REPERCUSSIONS/effects. We know there are effects we just want to be more aware of them!! Media can give lots of credit to a manager for a particular win (handles substitutions correctly, chose a wise starting XI) or praise players collectively or individually (Kaka took his team from the hand and led them to victory today, or all the players played well, nobody was lacking). You want to know exactly what they think of your signings, the way the team has been performing, the way you handle substitutions/tactical changes during a match... You can have the fans consider a player to be a 'manager's favourite' and depending on the player, the fans and board could agree (Experienced player, positive influence etc.( or disagree (player is performing badly, have a younger player in his position we want to see play more) etc.

Also, to re-iterate, media/board/fans news items on how they perceive a lot of your choices, so as to give us the managers a better indication of how we are performing. It is nice when you sign a player and the 'Fans relish to see him in action' or 'Player x believes new signing y is set to shine'. Include that more in the week-to-week managing. For example, a recap of every round's games: Olympiacos' Belluschi is continuing his good performances in midfield, and it is apparent that he is gelling more and more with the team.'

Chairmen with high intervention should also intervene in player transfers, at least in cases of signing young players. Neri Castillo was signed by Olympiacos chairman when he was 16-years-old without taking into account his manager... So a young star could be signed by the board and you could get a news item like: Chairman x believes the player to be an exciting prospect for the future, and he hopes the player will flourish under your guidance. Castillo was eventually sold to Shakhtar Donetsk for 15 million euros, and throughout his 6-7 years at Olympiacos, many managers tried to get rid of him/not play him, but the Chairman backed him up every single time, and he was eventually proven right, as he made a huge profit! So when you come to a club, there are certain targets/priorities already in place regardless of the manager. So if you went to Liverpool, you would be expected to rely on Gerrard if he was available, and benching him for no reason for consecutive games would have huge repercussions (If you win, you're glorious/genius, if you lose a large % of blame would go to you).

Also, player interviews, to get an indication of how they perceive the tactics, the squad, the way the manager treats them:

"Though I don't mind playing anywhere my manager tells me (High professionalism indication), I have enjoyed playing behind the striker the past few matches. The manager gives me a lot of creative freedom, something which has helped my game."

So as from an interview excerpt as the above, you can get an indication that a player is professional (doesn't mind playing anywhere), and that you are taking advantage of his preferred playing style, by giving him a lot of creative freedom.

Moreover, a club, a manager, and a youth set-up should have reputations based on what kind of players come out of their squad. So, every year, you get a certain amount of new players into your youth squad. For the hands-on, committed manager, even though he recognises many of them won't be able to feature in the starting line-up ever, the manager will still take the time to train them, tutor them, play them occasionally... And so after a few years, the player might be released or sign for another club, and he could be at least 'Grateful of his time at Olympiacos.' 'Feels he learnt a lot whilst at Olympiacos.' Or a player who is in the youth team for 4 years, never plays, never gets tutored, no loans etc. should rightfully feel upset at how he has been treated. So, from any 10-12 new players who come through in the youth team, the ones you don't release immediately and keep on, should have some rightful expectation of at least improving/developing as players, if not necessarily to make it at their current club. If you improve their CA/PA, take the time to interact with them every so often, you could develop a good reputation for having good player skills or man management...

As for the set-pieces, they definitely need improving, but couldn't that be solved (at leats temporarily) by rather than giving set-piece instructions, we can have a % of threat we are from set-pieces, depending on who and how many players on the field are good in the air, which players are available to take the set-pieces etc.

So, for an attacking free-kick, having a free-kick taker with 17, and 2 players with jumping/heading 17+ would give you something like 85% efficiency..

I think that it's time to think about Football Manager 2010:

- More pretty and clean 3D match view.

- New cameras in 3D view. It would be good to have fully customizable camera.

- Stadiums and their upgrades in 3D view.

- I have idea of board meetings. It's when you as a manager talk with board members about upcoming season or season that has just been finished.

- Trophy room. It would be pleasant to see all the trophies that you have won. Clicking on any of these trophies can bring to Final match for it (if it's not league).

- Improve manager profile. It's still quite useless.

- Possibility to view how values of player attributes change during his WHOLE CAREER.

- I think it's time to add some new features to FM tactics screens.

- Get license for national team of Germany

The beforegoing features were taken from True Football Manager expects following FM 2010 features.

I'd personally like to see the attendence figures for each game split into two, so I can see the away attendence. Could then link nicely into the board putting on free travel for the big games (i.e. West Ham have done this for us a couple of times, Wigan away in our great escape season, and, more recently, Middlesbrough in the FA Cup. This could then be linked into the team talk, for motivation etc.

I think that it's time to think about Football Manager 2010:

- More pretty and clean 3D match view.

- New cameras in 3D view. It would be good to have fully customizable camera.

- Stadiums and their upgrades in 3D view.

- I have idea of board meetings. It's when you as a manager talk with board members about upcoming season or season that has just been finished.

- Trophy room. It would be pleasant to see all the trophies that you have won. Clicking on any of these trophies can bring to Final match for it (if it's not league).

- Improve manager profile. It's still quite useless.

- Possibility to view how values of player attributes change during his WHOLE CAREER.

- I think it's time to add some new features to FM tactics screens.

- Get license for national team of Germany

The beforegoing features were taken from True Football Manager expects following FM 2010 features.

It all sounds to me like demands:p Who are you holding ransom?

Even more suggestions:

1. More options on the 'Transfer Status' screen.

I'd like to be able to select more than one option, and perhaps include a "Reject all loan-to-buy offers" option. That way I can select "Accept all loan offers" without worrying that my star youngster will be snapped up for peanuts by a rival who loans him in with a very low agreed price all because I've automatically accepted their loan offer. Also, if I'm interested in loaning a player out but don't want to sell him, it would be nice to be able to select "Reject all transfer offers" and "Accept all loan offers" at the same time.

2. Manager attributes.

Is there some way we can get the game to show attributes for "Judging player ability/potential", "Tactical knowledge" and "Motivating" for the human managers? Not being a programmer myself I don't really know how this could be done, but surely there could be a way to compare a player's CA or PA with the standard at which they are playing (i.e. a Premiership player probably needs a CA of about 150, so if I'm signing players of 120 and under, I get a rubbish rating for "Judging player ability"), or seeing how many times I fire up my players with my team-talks etc.

This could be useful for seeing which areas the human manager is weak at. Do they sign brilliant players but not motivate them well? Can they get the best out of limited players, but tactically would they struggle to think their way out of an open field?

3. Manager relationships (part 1): Other managers

I would quite like a list on my manager profile of the managers who I am friends with/consider me a friend, and also a list of my rival managers, much as there are for clubs and players on the club "Information" screen.

4. Manager relationships (part 2): The media

As well as the other managers, it would be nice to have a list of friendly journalists. There could also be a way of starting rumours using this tame hack in order to either unsettle a potential signing or generate interest in order to offload someone in your own squad.

5. A pitch-side view in the 3D match engine.

6. Conditions in the contract.

"I'll sign, but only if you invest in the training pitch"

7. Summer transfer budgets being announced a little earlier.

I frequently miss out on signings because, having spent all my previous season's money, I have to wait and can't afford to buy players. This is usually the case in late May/early June.

Here's my ideas!

--1-------------------------------------------

I would like to have the option to (just like when my players leave for international friendlies) tell my assistant manager how much a player should play in the reserve-team. This would only apply for players listed in the first squad. For example: one of my players might get back from a recent injury, and i want to have him fit for the next game in 5 days. I tell my assistant manager that he should only be allowed to play for 45 minutes in the reserve-team match tomorrow, just to get a game in him.

--2-------------------------------------------

Speaking of injuries. In real life, players coming back from injuries might sometimes get the same injury again, in practice or in the gym etc. This should also happen in the game sometimes. Especially with players who have been injured a long time.

--3-------------------------------------------

I want to be able to talk more with my players, individually. As it is now, its very static, and i have to go trough the press. Maybe i wanna say something like "you've been playing very good lately, keep it up, i know you can" or "im expecting more from you. Show me that you want to be a part of my first team the next game" etc, but instead i have to talk to a member of the press.

--4-------------------------------------------

At the start of the season, i would like to have a meeting with my team and go trough the expectations of the season, what type of football i would like for us to play, what i want to improve etc. For example: Im the new manager at Rochdale. I tell the players at the meeting that this year, we will play 4-3-3, with counter-attacking as our main focus. The players might react confused or pleased, and during the pre-season, i get reports from my ass-man on how the players are improving/or not during the training sessions. "Our three midfielders have trouble keeping their positions, but our wingers look really comfortable with this style. John Doe especially has been looking wery good these past two weeks."

--5-------------------------------------------

I would like to have more time during the pre-season. As it is now, i start the game, and the next day we play Chelsea reserves away. I should have atleast two weeks before the players get back from their holidays.

--6-------------------------------------------

Please, PLEASE make the crowd-sounds more realistic. A League 2 game at Christie Park sounds just like a Premier League game at Old Trafford. A pre-season friendly sounds like the Champions League final. This is really bugging me, and has been for a long time.

--7-------------------------------------------

Lastly, i would like to NOT have to watch 5 minutes of nothing happening every time i make a tactical change during the game. I make a substitution, press ok, and i have to watch the game for a few minutes before someone just happens to get a throw-in or something, and the substitution gets made. I know that the sub cant be done at just any time, but i shouldnt have to watch nothing happen, know what i mean?

Thank you!

I'm not looking through 40 pages of replies so I'll just post my thought.

I read someone's post regarding Maps to show your location while playing a match (in game obviously not where you are sitting on your PC!) and it got me to thinking about coach rides to games for the team.

I thought about a new addition to the game where you as the coach have to make sure the team are ready and organized to be transferred to the location of the game whether it be the morning of the game or a week before for euro ties etc.

Would just be an extra responsibility like training etc that could be passed over to the assistant if you didn't want to do it but might add a small new element to the game and could easily be incorporated into interpersonal relationship stats/etc between the manager (you) and individual players who become a problem (or are well behaved) in this part of the business of pro football.

good idea/bad idea?

Another couple of thoughts (apologies if these have already been mentioned):

1 - Something on the finance screen that tells you how many home games are sell outs.

2 - Along the same lines as above, being able to see how much a match day ticket costs.

3 - The option to ask the board to increase/decrease match day ticket prices and season ticket prices.

4 - Related to point one, in the board request screen, the option to ask that the board looks into building a new stadium.

when offsides occur, switching to the linesmans view, who should be in line with the last defender, and then stop as soon as the ball is played and show whether he is offside to help managers decide to criticise referees

2 - Along the same lines as above, being able to see how much a match day ticket costs.

4 - Related to point one, in the board request screen, the option to ask that the board looks into building a new stadium.

You can already do both of these (the latter you have to ask them to expand your current one first).

I would like to see more interaction in many ways with board.players,media and fans and of course various answers to choose.Newspapapers like in real life to read.Redesigned menus and optimized game.Less complicated tactics and training like in this last edition where it's hard to win a game.Thank you!

Hello I would like to see ability to search players history so you then look up all the player were played for Rangers or Everton.

I would also like to have the ability to international teams against club sides as Pakistan V Bury 00/01 and Pakistan V Coventry City the same year.

Further more what about goal celebrations when you score like Tim Cahill boxes the corner flage after goals etc.

Bring back the compalints about ref after matches.

yours

Farhan(london)

Please can you implement more interaction as regards to Upgrading Stadiums or more so - Getting a New Stadium

Once you get refused due to planning permission, there should be a button available to 'Request a New Stadium' - and then it doesnt leave us managers so much in the dark like it currently does

I would like to make a suggestion for FM10. I think it would be great if you could become an assistant manager. I have been playing FM08, and started without a club but every time I try to apply for a club they are not interested, for understandable reasons. I think if you had the opportunity to apply for the assistant managers position then you could obviously run the reserves, which would enhance your reputation. This would also be a great way to learn the ropes for amateurs like me. And you could also recommend players for your manager.

What does everyone think.

Archived