Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Get scouts to tell you if the player they have scouted would fit into your team/tactics

TBH thats impossible because some players can adapt and others cant. Plus other factors have to be taken into account klike hope they are settling in, who they are playing along side etc.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a few ideas for what I'd like to see in the next installment. Let me know what you think...

I am now in the year 2015 with Rangers and have a team ranked 8th in Europe. My team's reputation is still "National" however, as opposed to continental or worldwide. Also, the SPL now has 3 champions league and 3 uefa cup slots, but players still dont "like" to move to Scotland...

What I'd like to see firstly is the ability for your league reputation to improve. Therefore regenerated Scottish players could potentially become wonderkids if you do as I've done and end up with a higher quality of league (with more european slots and therefore more money). Similarly, maybe TV money and sponsorships should increase depending on said reputation.

Also, I'd like to see you being able to boost your team's commercial reputation in each continent. One thing Celtic have very astutely done in real-life is as follows: they have played friendly tournaments in america, have signed a japanese hero (Nakamura) and .. well thats it really. In FM it would be great if you could build your team as a global brand by playing friendlies, entering unofficial tournaments, buying great players from foreign countries. For a simple example if you signed Shevchenko, you'd increase your reputation in Ukraine, sell more jerseys, get reputation points and maybe be paid more to play a friendly tour in said country. Similarly, if your reputation in said country is high, you could have youth players coming through from there. This way even when your team is the best, you can still get better.

It'd also be great if you could change the catchment area and the prize money of a competition in the editor (though this could be abused I suppose). I personally would love to see the English and Scottish league cups done away with in real life. They suffer from poor attendances, low prestige and general all-round second bestness to the FA cups. So how about firing into your data editor and making something you really want to see? A british league cup in my eyes would be great. Whenever Rangers or Celtic play an English team in Europe its a terrific occasion and the home nations rivalry is one to be savoured in football. In FM, it'd be fantastic. The only possible drawback I can see is a fixture congestion as the competition would be somewhat longer with more teams to draw upon.

All in all, I love the FM world. But there are so many things in it that are still unflexible and you notice that some 7 or 8 years into a game. The Scottish league's reputation is as good as it will ever get, the national side will never have any world class players and your team has reached a reputation which it can't surpass. Where to now, FM? I have started another game with a lower league team, maybe these things won't matter to me as much in league one... But if I ever get Hereford to the Champions League Final, I'll no doubt be back making the same points!

Also, is it possible for a player to become an Icon or a Legend at the club? I've had players for 7-8 years and they're still just noted as "favoured personnel" ...

Cheers

I think it'd be quite cool if you could see two figures in a suit by the subs, that were you and the opposing manager, sometimes coming out and standing on the touchline and if it is like the actual manager just sitting in the dugout all game like soem do.

I think it'd be quite cool if you could see two figures in a suit by the subs, that were you and the opposing manager, sometimes coming out and standing on the touchline and if it is like the actual manager just sitting in the dugout all game like soem do.

I've always wanted that myself. If we get the two guys with the stretcher it shouldn’t be hard to add two managers.

If you wanted to get crazy, put a 4th official there for them to stand next to to give the look of a complaint.

If you click on a player with that injury the information is in their injury section: e.g. "has potential knee injury." I do however, agree that this could also be mirrored in the Ass Man feedback section.

this is all well and good, but how does "has potential knee injury" help us make a decision?

basically, when someone develops an injury during a match, we should be able to access three things:

1) physio assessment of injury

2) injury history

3) how does the player feel? does he want to stay on or not?

- if he is a flashy foreigner he may want to come off even if there is nothing wrong with him. we could then give him a kick up the rear or whatever. or, it could be a club captain trying to play through pain, and we could be forced to take him off even if he doesnt want to

team talks

team talks are currently a lottery really, and need to be made more organic. lots of people have mentioned team talks, and i think most of us agree they need to be changed/removed/improved

options such as speech from the captain, private chat with player, etc. generally more options, or let the options we are given be more specific.

Also, I'd like to see you being able to boost your team's commercial reputation in each continent. One thing Celtic have very astutely done in real-life is as follows: they have played friendly tournaments in america, have signed a japanese hero (Nakamura) and .. well thats it really. In FM it would be great if you could build your team as a global brand by playing friendlies, entering unofficial tournaments, buying great players from foreign countries. For a simple example if you signed Shevchenko, you'd increase your reputation in Ukraine, sell more jerseys, get reputation points and maybe be paid more to play a friendly tour in said country. Similarly, if your reputation in said country is high, you could have youth players coming through from there. This way even when your team is the best, you can still get better.

.. all of this is already a part of the game

An idea which I have already mentioned in a couple of other threads:

I wish that clubs can have the option of sending players who don't have a work permit to clubs that are not feeders, in order to get a work permit. Because this does happen in real life.

Liverpool sent Mark Gonzalez to Real Sociedad to gain a WP, and currently have Sebestian Leto at Olympiakos to do the same. I don't think either of those are Liverpool's feeders.

Man U also sent Manucho to Panathinaikos last season for the same reason, despite already having a Belgian feeder (Antwerp). As far as I know, Panathinaikos aren't Man U's feeder as well.

I’d like to see a game that doesn’t crash when you go into a match.

A game where your players aren’t assumed to be total morons.

A game where it transfers correctly between the match highlights and info screens after you make tactical changes instead of getting stuck on one or the other for evermore.

A game where it doesn’t take hours of guesswork just to get you players to get shots on target.

How anyone can play this in its current state is beyond me.

I wanna tell the board to build a new stadium, as im feed of of maxing out a 55 thousand seater and still waiting for them to build another 1, money is no object as im the 3rd riches team in the world, but yet they still havent built me 1

A small idea here

Instead of creating managers, it could be fun to take the role of an actual manager. Sometimes I feel reluctant to take on a club that's just hired a new manager, as it would seem somewhat unrealistic, that he would be fired the next day.

The idea of being a well-known manager would also be kind of fun, as there would be guys having you as favourite/least favourite personnel, which could create some interesting scenarios.

Two things I would like to see

1) The ability to tell a player he goes on loan or he packs his bags. I hate having a young player needing and wanting first team experience refusing a loan I have arranged. I am the boss and I need to be able to enforce my decisions. I recently released a player for refusing loans but to have it part of the game would be great.

2) The ability to "take team on holiday" I had a 15 day window and an exhausted squad. I wanted to give them all a week away to rest and have fun together (minus the internationals of course)

- 'Cuts inside' box on the specific player tactic instructions, much like the 'Free role' box.

- When getting a scout report on a player, have a role for the staff listed in brackets so you know if they are a coach or scout.

- Continue to advance the 3D match engine with better graphics and better detail than just height, hair colour and skin tone.

- Also improve tricks on the 3D match engine rather than a player just running past an opponent.

- Be able to simply control the U18 squad of a team only - I'd love to manage the Arsenal U18s without managing the first team squad.

A contract clause allowing me to freely apply for jobs with either my favourite club or those in a higher division without the threat of being sacked.

An option for valid parent/feeder arrangments only, it can be done as we have a valid takeovers option in 09 preventing tycoon takeovers in Germany.

More flexabilty with work permits, the Home Office just isn't as strict as FM suggests.

The option to comment about a refs general performance to be reintroduced, at present I'm asked about a single decision & that might be the only thing he got right all game, if he gets a 3 rating I want to moan about him & if he gets a 9 or 10 I'd like to praise him.

Bring back the German regional leagues, if SI can give us the CFA leagues in France why not the fourth tier in Germany?

The option to change my season target upwards come January to get more transfer funds if things are going better than anticipated.

That'll do for now.

Yeah IIRC the comment about the ref thing was in one of the CM's, 00 or 01 I think, was quite a good feature. Also, they had an option to request a postponement, which is good. Glad postponements are back in FM, a good thing to have, especially in the lower leagues.

That reminds me, don't restrict postponements to waterlogged pitches, why should I have to play on frozen pitches in -8 degree conditions & spend the whole match praying my players come though it with only a few ice burns.

This is an idea i have i'm not sure if it have been mentioned before.

The concept i would like too see added is some sort of coaching badge scheme that players can do. So once a season during the off season we have the option to go on a course to do a coaching badge and improve our attrubutes. There could be different options of which area you want to look at, attacking, defencive, tactics, man management. So you would choose what you want to do then you have to mabye watch a passage of play and answer questions on it. Mabye you have to watch some clips and identify the playmaker and if you do it correctly you get so many marks and if you get enough points you pass and your attributes get boosted.

This could mean that the human managers could have attribute profiles like coaches and could be a member of the coaching staff, it would also enable the player to tailor him or herself to how they want them, and attacking master, or a tactical genius.

It wouldnt be a major addition but it would add somthing to the game that i would enjoy.

What are you thoughts?

This is an idea i have i'm not sure if it have been mentioned before.

The concept i would like too see added is some sort of coaching badge scheme that players can do. So once a season during the off season we have the option to go on a course to do a coaching badge and improve our attrubutes. There could be different options of which area you want to look at, attacking, defencive, tactics, man management. So you would choose what you want to do then you have to mabye watch a passage of play and answer questions on it. Mabye you have to watch some clips and identify the playmaker and if you do it correctly you get so many marks and if you get enough points you pass and your attributes get boosted.

This could mean that the human managers could have attribute profiles like coaches and could be a member of the coaching staff, it would also enable the player to tailor him or herself to how they want them, and attacking master, or a tactical genius.

It wouldnt be a major addition but it would add somthing to the game that i would enjoy.

What are you thoughts?

i think that's a great idea, which will enhance a managers reputation... good one! ;)

- On the tactics screen for attacking free-kicks, have an option under left and right to shoot. (How obvious is that!?!?!).

Adding to this I'd like a section for listing players that I never want to see taking corners & freekicks. The present system doesn't rotate the listed takers enough to make it a usable option so time after time I end up seeing AI selected players doing nothing witrh the dead ball.

A few of these may of been mentioned before. Also a lot of this will relate to the lower leagues.

A liitle negotiation with the board, example coaches if I want 50 damn coaches and I'm under wage budget then don't limit me to 2 only! Also there does not seem to be common sense re player/coaches - I tried to sign a veteran player to be a player/coach and it was blocked, for more money he signed as just a player.............makes no sense?!?!

The press I know they are the bane of some peoples lives but I would like to see this developed more, it is a struggle for lower league clubs to raise local press interest but a good cup run should bring much more interest (some of the questions are mad as has been discussed before)

Player interaction, I should be able to chat to players about various issues - on the training ground or in my office. Players should come to you for a talk about various things - these are mostly kids/young men who know little about life and the manager is a father figure.

Fan interation - every club has a fans forum and we should be ble to check out what they think (if we want too)

Managers development - maybe a short questionaire at the start of the game to show a bit more of your own personality into the game. I also thing the idea of spending your money has merit, not the sims and nothing wonderful just something different to aim for.

When winning - give us SOMETHING!?!?!? I dunno a picture of the cup we have just won or scene of fans celebrating or something to give us a glow of self approval.

Training - more of an overview eg AM takes care of the details you just say improve the teams X or players Y

Some sort of interview for jobs rather than yes or no!

Ability to set staff as MY favourites

Loan backs, player ultimatums, moan at refs etc etc

A 'Quick' game option a few short challenges you can play for a couple of hours rather than epic saves.

None of these are vital to the game but this is a 'wish' list of add ons - not for everyone and some people won't like any of them!

Just a few things I would like to see in a future FM:

A few of my ideas:

1) Flexible additional rivalries (if you take a club up a few divisions it picks up other local clubs as 'rivals' if they play regularly enough to build up a rivalry). For instance, I regularly play with St. Albans City and if I managed to get them in the same division as Luton Town and played this 'local derby' enough to build up a rivalry, it would be nice to see this featured in the game.

2) More than one club favourite for managers (say, up to 5?) This would enable a manager to specify clubs in other countries, for instance, which may have an impact upon his career.

3) Ability to add favourite clubs and favourite players after a certain time has passed in charge of that club or player. More interest for long-term games. If you've spent 15 years managing a team and they have found a place in your heart, you should be able to say so in the game. Furthermore, it would be great to be able to add favourite players so that perhaps if you jump ship they are more likely to join you at your new club.

4) An 'ideal job' alert system. Simple idea this and could be used in conjunction with the favourite clubs option. You make a list of clubs or national teams that you would love to manage in your save. These are your dream jobs. Everytime the position becomes available, or when the current manager's position is in question, you will get a reminder. No longer will your favourite job escape you because you forgot to look at the job screen every week.

5) The ability to tell your scout to just keep scouting England, for instance, without him coming back and saying 'I'm finished' all of the time. Right now you have to scroll through his assignments and click for him to continue.

6) Add all highly recommended players to my current shortlist: linked to the above, I would really like the ability to add all of my scout's highly recommended players to my current shortlist easily and without having to look at the reports and then select the ones that I want.

7) This is one of my biggest wishes ever - the ability to test new tactics out at a training match between, say, your reserves/youth and your first team. Right now, the only way to test tactics is to do it in a game and that can often result in a barren spell while you perfect your new system.

Any thoughts or additions?

C.

I would like to add the ability to provide your staff and even the manager opportunity to go to training courses. E.g. you allow a coach to take 2 weeks leave to get a coaching license which then improves his skills. The manager can also take courses to improve non-tevhnical attributes like man management and motivation for example.

Flexible additional rivalries (if you take a club up a few divisions it picks up other local clubs as 'rivals' if they play regularly enough to build up a rivalry). For instance, I regularly play with St. Albans City and if I managed to get them in the same division as Luton Town and played this 'local derby' enough to build up a rivalry, it would be nice to see this featured in the game.

This would be quite realistic. Cambridge United and Histon are a good example. A few years ago, Cambridge were a Football League club and Histon were a tiny village team way down the English system. However, Cambridge have dropped to the Blue Square Premier and Histon have climbed to the same league, and there is now quite a strong rivalry between them that wasn't there before. It does happen.

2) More than one club favourite for managers (say, up to 5?) This would enable a manager to specify clubs in other countries, for instance, which may have an impact upon his career.

This is an option I would take if it was there. I think you're right to suggest a restriction, although you'd need to be careful you didn't fill your quota in the first six months!

3) Ability to add favourite clubs and favourite players after a certain time has passed in charge of that club or player. More interest for long-term games. If you've spent 15 years managing a team and they have found a place in your heart, you should be able to say so in the game. Furthermore, it would be great to be able to add favourite players so that perhaps if you jump ship they are more likely to join you at your new club.

Seems like an extension of the previous suggestion, but it's another one I like.

4) An 'ideal job' alert system. Simple idea this and could be used in conjunction with the favourite clubs option. You make a list of clubs or national teams that you would love to manage in your save. These are your dream jobs. Everytime the position becomes available, or when the current manager's position is in question, you will get a reminder. No longer will your favourite job escape you because you forgot to look at the job screen every week.

Another good idea! However, I think there would need to be a filter in place so that you were alerted specifically to jobs you had a realistic chance of getting. No point being alerted about the availability of the Inter job if you're managing Newport County.

5) The ability to tell your scout to just keep scouting England, for instance, without him coming back and saying 'I'm finished' all of the time. Right now you have to scroll through his assignments and click for him to continue.

To be honest, I don't know why this isn't there in the first place![/i

6) Add all highly recommended players to my current shortlist: linked to the above, I would really like the ability to add all of my scout's highly recommended players to my current shortlist easily and without having to look at the reports and then select the ones that I want.

I probably wouldn't do this, personally. However, I'm sure it could be useful and I'm not opposed to seeing it in the game.

7) This is one of my biggest wishes ever - the ability to test new tactics out at a training match between, say, your reserves/youth and your first team. Right now, the only way to test tactics is to do it in a game and that can often result in a barren spell while you perfect your new system.

I'm a bit uneasy about making training any more complicated. I already find it hard to tell exactly what effects my schedules have. But that doesn't mean I think you have a bad idea here. If implemented properly, it would probably have people raving about it. That's a pretty big "if", though.

Good post, crouchaldinho! Well thought out and some decent ideas. Thank you for not going all FIFA Manager on us! :D

Im pretty sure you can have a practise match between your senior line up and your reserves line up . I did that in my gamewith Watford , Man United cancelled a pre-season friendly and i would have gone 18 days without a match before the proper season kicked off . So i went to the arrange friendly screen to try to find an opponent and i noticed i could choose to have a match between my seniors and reserves . It wasnt so much to try new tactics but to give my players another match to retain fitness so they didnt go into their 1st match underdone . The reserves coach took charge of the reserves and i tryed to even up the squads so that half of the seniors played in the seniors and the other half played in the reserves , so that the majority of my good players got match practice .

Some simple ones:

1) Minor Expansion of Scout and Coach Reports:

It should be possible to see the scout's assessment on Consistency, Important Matches and Adaptability all at the same time. Right now, you can only see Important Matches if the player is not too consistent, and Adaptability if the player is neither too consistent nor great at Important Matches. I see no point in this, let us see the whole truth.

2) Expand Reports on Loaned Out Players:

How come I can get a detailed scout report on a player playing for some other team, but I cannot get one for my own player who is loaned out? I need a detailed report on my loaned out players too! Mere match reports don't cut it. Detailed reports will help me follow their Current Ability development and also how their Consistency develops (this is information that detailed reports already give).

3) Minor (but useful) Enhancements to Set Pieces:

- Free kicks: Ability to have a specific player taking the free kick when shooting direct, but a different one when about to cross. This would be extremely helpful, because some players are better at shooting while others are better at crossing (\stating the obvious).

- Corners: Ability to position players in a different way when the corner kick is on the right than when it is on the left. This would be extremely helpful when our corner taker is one-footed.

4) Target Man Supply:

Ability to choose two ways of supplying the target man. Right now we can choose "run onto ball" or "to feet" or "to head". I would like to have the option to choose "either to feet or run onto ball" or "either to feet or to head" etc. I understand that this is a major change for the match engine.

In terms of Match Engine, pick up the one of FM07 and improve it.

In terms of design you need to clean up bit the clatter and don't leave things in completed and don't do thing like logos showing instead of kits as permanent but you intended as an intended temporary solution.

Drop setting up match.

Improve the 3D.

Make it fun again.

Manager's Earnings

I'd really like to be able to buy a club if I'd accumulated enough money so I could be the chairman and the manager at the same time, ie. Barry Fry at Posh. Obviously you'd probably only be able to afford a small club but you could have much more control over expanding the ground, improving facilities and wage/transfer budgets etc. It's something you could aim for after several seasons in the game that I think would be quite exciting.

Goalkeeper Attributes

I'd like a few different GK attributes such as 'Pushing to Safety' for when the keeper makes a save and pushes the ball out of harms way instead of straight to oncoming striker, 'Getting Off the Floor' in a similar vain and one or two others that I thought of the other night but can't for life of me remember now!

Love the idea of being able to go on coaching courses to get Attacking/Technical/Tactics attributes for a manger too

i would like to see a personal tactic instruction option underneath the player's profile to stop having to mess about with player tactics when you play someone else in that position

for example:

say if walcott is unavailable to play on the right wing for england and you choose to play gerrard there instead. As they are two different types of player then they will obviously need different player instructions to suit their game. if there was an option to set up player tactics for each individual player it would save alot of time in the game :)

Nerf team talks, they're WAY too important :/ Motivation is good, yeah, but it shouldn't have such a great effect. And saying whatever at time break is not really supposed to make the team play 10x better like it sometimes does now.

I am in a long-term game with a Medium database and one thing I think is still far from being fixed are the regens... Though they have significantly improved, there is still a bug with their 'One Foot Only' issue, but I am also disappointed about the implimentation of youth set-ups... I gradually managed to raise my club from Basic training facilities and youth academy to 'Top training facilities' and 'State of the Art Youth Facilities + Academy', yet I did not see a significant improvement in the home-grown regens I receive. The biggest problem is also when clicking through national team squads 8 years on in the game...

I would expect that even with 4 leagues loaded and a 'Medium' database, national teams would have strong squads with reasonably predictable clubs representing the national team players. Instead, I see a Germany with few players, most of them very very poor even for Germany at its worst, and not many of the players were produced from German clubs with the Top Youth Facilities. However, as I had 'Load All Players From' I had Romania, and Romanian players 8 years in the game (without Romanian League loaded) are the best players in the world, with my first-team composed of 6 Romanian regens, as well as those of top level clubs.

What I am proposing is, that a code is inserted that always has a minimum of x amount of regens per nationality with minimum CA/PA, and many who would develop from German clubs with the best facilities/youth academies in the country. Thus, keep national team squads balanced with the CA/PA of original database +/- 20% but not having whole national teams and leagues destroyed because I did not want to Load All their Players or that country's League.

So, if I am one of only 2 Greek clubs in the whole country with State of the Art Youth Facilities + Academy, I should hope to produce players capable of playing for the Greek national team and having CA/PA quite close to original database squad (Ie. if lowest CA of player on national team is 160 in 2008, it shouldn't be 10/12 players only with very low CA's)

Perhaps a code can be added for many clubs that have long-time tradition of producing good youngsters or specific players such as goalkeepers: Ex: Iraklis has history of producing goalkeepers that play for national team. Panathinaikos have tradition of producing best youngsters in Greece. Chairman x is known to have business interests in Ghana and often brings young Ghanaians on trial for his manager (This is the case of former Kalamata chairman and current Apollon Kalamarias chairman in Greece)

Also, these reputations could be expanded to nations:

Greece has tradition of having strong, tall centre-backs.

Italy has tradition of producing amazing defenders.

Spain has tradition of producing fast, short, skillful wingers.

A little bit of predictability with details such as the above would help maintain some consistency in long-term games, and if AI managers were not so rubbish at never doing transfers, buying back-up players and young players (<=== THE BIGGEST Problem in FM09!) then FM10 could prove to be promising.

Also, I feel that the human user is blocked from developing a player's full PA. If a player was to stay at an AI club, he would reach his maximum PA comfortably, but a human user, no matter the facilities, coaches, schedule, playing time, seem to be unable to recerate such success in fulfilling player potential.

Furthermore, I really like the 'Personality' description or 'Media Label' for players, and think these should be updated and expanded. Have even a short sentence on a player's development: Tireless defensive midfielder. Does his work on the pitch efficiently, with little fuss, however does seem to be injury prone. Or: Pacey goalscorer. This very fast attacker enjoys running with the ball, and his sheer flashy unpredictability has made him a fan favourite.

Also, it is clear despite several attempts, SI's improvement of the media interaction has been negligible, introdcuing features that at best, become predictable very fast or at worst, are bugs that impact your team in many ways (Board Confidence 2 times in a row).. I do understand that it is hard to impliment an intuitive and interactive media interaction features in the game, but rather than concentrate on that, SI should really fix games for long-term playability (such as what I have written above about regens) and .how existing information within the game is presented to the user:

For example, I buy a young Brazilian central defender for a medium-sized Greek A League. A media page with newspaper article judging his first month/2 months/half season/season at the club, by reporters, by fans and by football experts. Fans can be divided on a player, can be patient if he is foreign/young/didn't cost a lot of money etc. Gallop results from popular soccer websites with feedback from fans stating 'Was Manager x right to substitute Leto so early?' 'Do you think manager x's substitutions in the match against Reggina were correct?' 63% said yes, 25% said no, 12% said Unsure/Undecided.

Also, addition of articles with player interviews and upcoming hot stars, top performers etc.:

_Example: Magazine article listing 'Top 10 Winter Transfer Signings of Premiership' or at end of season 'Top 10 Defenders in Serie A' or 'Recap of Manager x's Transfer Choices' or a World Soccer-esque 'Top 50 Players in Europe Under-20' or 'Top 100 World Soccer Stars'

Player interviews can provide an insight on social life at club, and they don't have to necessitate controversy:

Example:

'I am enjoying my time at Olympiacos and I really like Greece, it is very similar to back home in Argentina. The manager makes us train hard but I think it is fair at this point given our fitness condition.'

'I am very happy to have joined Olympiacos and pleased that I have a fellow Brazilian team-mate who can show me around this new country, and with whom I have played against back home in Brazil. I know I haven't been getting regular first-team football this season, but I had an unlucky injury, and excited about this opportunity.'

'Q: how have you found your first 3 months in athens?

A: great, i like to go out with team-mate a and team-mate b a lot.

"I find our team's fans incredible, playing in front of them is a great sensation."

"I feel that the previous coach let me down as he never gave me the opportunity to play regular football. I would play one game, play well, and then remain on the bench for long periods at a time. I am happy with new manager y and pleased he is at the club.

Or you could have a former player come out 5-6 years after you worked with him and say:

"I definitely have to credit my manager at Olympiacos, Ernesto Valverde, who gave me the chance to play first-team football at such a young age and gave me the opportunity to play in the Champions League. He, as well as coach x from back home and coach z from another former club have helped me progress a lot as a player.

"Start in the future" feature.

So I could pick up FM10, and tell it to quickly simulate 50 seasons ahead to give me a totally random starting point with some degree of realism.

Rather than going on holiday for 50 seasons, you see.

It would sure beat starting a game and going after the same players and noticing the same old sort of transfers and results. It would be a lot better than unchecking the real names, as this new feature would randomise the entire database in a predictable way.

I think a good idea for fm10 would to have 2 separate tactics screens: one for attacking tactics and one for defensive. For example when on the attack i would like my team to play with 3 in midfield and 3 attackers but when the ball is lost for my 2 wide men to drop back into midfield to make it more difficult for the other team to break through. Also i think half-time team talks need looking at because i've lost count of the amount of times i've been 2 or 3 goals up at half-time only for the oppostion to back to 3-2 or even 3-3 in the second half. (And yes i change my tactics to be more conservative but nothing i do ever seems make any difference)

oh my god, that's inspired

obviously a small improvement on the 3D match engine (but i think it's good anyway)

also a lot of recent posts have asked for team overseas academies and i think this is a great idea. these academies pick up players from the country they are set up in and have quality ratings in their own right, E.G. scouting ratings and ratings on how they nurture the players. these academies should be able to be set up in any number but cost a set amount depending on the level of coaching staff, the country it is in and the size of the academy, for example a team like man united could set up an academy in brazil to bring in a steady flow of talent from south america.

also youth prospects picked up from other countries where a team has a youth academy should be able to be sent there for a couple of years to grow and develop.

Caretaker Manager

Sometime when im unemployed I would like to save a club from relegation without having to resign at the end of the season.

If you do a good job you could then end up getting offered the job or be offered the job while they look for a new manager e.g. joe kinnear

Archived