Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if my previous suggestion got mentioned or copied over to here so I'll put it in place again...

In the match summary (just before kick-off) it would be kinda neat to have a google map type graphic showing where your opponent is from. For example, as a LLM I have no idea where half the teams are actually from (Histon for example) and I find myself actually using google maps to find these places. Maybe also a useless fact about that place (e.g. Michael Parkinson was born here in 19xx). Just a little fun tidbit perhaps?

I'd like to see in future FM's some information on away supporters attendence,be nice to know how many traveling fans a club takes with them to away games.

And one other thing,could you make the physio run a little faster when he is leaving the pitch,slows the game down.

• SI Staff
Not sure if my previous suggestion got mentioned or copied over to here so I'll put it in place again...

In the match summary (just before kick-off) it would be kinda neat to have a google map type graphic showing where your opponent is from. For example, as a LLM I have no idea where half the teams are actually from (Histon for example) and I find myself actually using google maps to find these places. Maybe also a useless fact about that place (e.g. Michael Parkinson was born here in 19xx). Just a little fun tidbit perhaps?

If you mean this then we're aware of it as it's been tagged :)

a good thing would be for every individual game to evolve. Basically the game could get boring playing for 10 seasons and just buying players and competing in the same competitions.

I'm thinking that eg:

A europe super league could form,

wage caps introduced,

competitions being re-formatted (like the Uefa cup),

instead of english reserve teams it changes to B teams (like in spain) and they would play in the lower leagues but not get promoted,

6+5 rule,

New heads of uefa and fifa elected would bring these in.

Also the credit crunch should be brought into it, so maybe for the first few years you have less fans and money.

A press conference when you leave or get sacked from a club.

all we get now is one little news item.

there should be waaaay more feedback, as it's a big deal usually.

and also, i saw someone else post something about putting on away attendance figures, as in 'how many of your fans travelled to see your team play.'

attendance 40,000 (13,000 away fans)...etc

Just a random point. When applying OI's it would be so much easier if we were able to have them pre-saved. By that I mean, at the start of each game, our OI's would be automatically implemented as part of the tactic we're using. So, for example, I would be able to make a tactic where it automatically applies 'show onto weaker foot' for wingers.

The ability to load extra leagues whil playing the game, especially though (and I think this is a must) is the ability to load the league from a country if you take over the national team as there manager. This would make it more realistic because more youngsters would be avaliable then for selection and it is frustrating when taking over nations whose league I havent loaded so I think it will be really useful.

During the last years there has been lots of cases where players born in Germany with Turkish parent can pick both National teams until they are 21. Whenever one of these young prospects approach to their 20s this become a hot media topic. It is all about who will make him play at least 1 minute in their side because after that players can not change their mind. Currently the fuzz is about Mesut Özil of Werder Bremen he currently plays German U21 but he still did not play for senior squad so he can still change his mind until 21 and he is hinting that he may switch to Turkish team if he is offered a place. There are lots of news about it in both Germany and Turkey and obviously lots of pressure on Özil. I would like it if SI could add such cases to media events so if a player has two nations havent been capped yet but has potential to do for both teams then media can speculate which team the player prefers.

Reserve teams – to avoid the problems caused by having nations such as Spain and Germany with second teams in the main leagues: We should have the OPTION to treat them either as separate clubs (which hasn't worked at all well this year) OR, as used to be the case, to treat them as regular reserve clubs (which you just can't manage the matches in). This option would have been so much better than what we’ve had this year.

News - to be told the winners of competitions or when managers have been sacked like you used to be in previous versions of the game – maybe make this customisable so you can choose the 'types' of news you want to receive?

Tactics - as has been discussed in other threads, a Wizard for creating tactics. Or at least to help you on your way.

Tactics - the option to 'lock' the sliders for inexperienced gamers so that you and the AI can just have 5 notches rather than 20. This way you could see the obvious effects of changing the settings rather than the minimal changes you'd get from say 6 to 7 in the current system. With it being an option that could be removed in-game, you could remove it when you feel more confident how the various sliders work.

Tactics – This has already been suggested but a change is needed to in-match tactical tweaks. The current system whereby you make the change and it only comes into effect when the ball is out of play is fine for simulating the manager shouting from the touchline. But NOT for substitutions. The game should stop and *then* you make the sub as the situation could have altered by the time the game actually makes the change.

Again, apologies if its been mentioned but i really would love to see the coaching aspect of the game tweaked with regards to set pieces specifically. I am quite often left dumbfounded by my players decisions on what they do when there's a free kick in certain areas of the pitch. I would love to be able to create a handful of set plays that could be used in-game. Opposition managers of course would cotton on to these the more you use them, leaving you with the constant task of having to devise new ones.

I would also like to "see" the positionings as we used to have in previous versions. ie. i would like to see a visual representation of where my players were at attacking throw-ins, free kicks, corners etc...

If this has been posted before I apologise in advance.

When you do opposition instructions... you're shown what positions each person on the opposing team is currently at in the formation (DL, MC, etc). Would it be possible to have another column that lists each position they're good at (for the 11 on the pitch and the subs).

It takes more time than I'd like to click each person on the subs, see what their natural/talented positions are then go back and change their instructions.

search option for the min. release fee, i personnally would find that very useful say at the start of a season.

also to be able to call a press confence when you want to, not just before a game or cup final

A tip for you sparey - Spain based players HAVE to have a min. release fee so sometimes they can be the bargains.

Does this get checked regularly by FM staff? Just curious.

Posted a thread and was told to post in here instead, so here goes...

The ability to sort columns for 90th minute penalty takers, this is just a small niggle, but all columns throughout game are sortable except when it comes to choosing penalty takers after full time. Easy enough to scan your players skill and composure manually but the ability to sort in order would be a plus.

The ability to choose ' X nation' as a preference when browsing potential scouts would be awesome, I have on many occasions wished for a scout to have 100% in a specific nation and other than recruiting someone from that nation (sometimes at an extortionate wage) I have to click on each and every scout hoping to find one who has full knowledge of the nation I would like.

More options in the "Choose next reserve game players..." email, such as select all and select none, or better still an option within the squad page itself so that you did not have to wait for an email before reserve games. I occasionally re-order my teams and with 50+ players it becomes hard to remember who is in the reserve and who is a senior with reserve duties. I have to set view to "player status" and check who has 'res' icons.

A short player mood history (this would be a biggy to most people) showing what decisions and such led to a superbly happy player suddenly hating you and wishing they could move to another club after burning yours' down. This would help people understand the oddities that are "feels manager doesn't appreciate them" when you've only managed the team for 4 days and already have the player in first team squad and offered a s**t-hot contract.

I'll think of more...

Does this get checked regularly by FM staff? Just curious.
To all those wondering if SI look at this thread, we do, and a couple of us have been trawling through this for the last few hours, collecting the viable ideas and passing them on to the dev team for discussion in our feature meetings.

Thanks for all your suggestions and keep them coming.

Looks like they do :thup: Also agree on the penalty taking point.

how about, starting life as a coach then getting promoted within the club to ass man then manager, and getting asked to manage (nations) u21s or 23s, as i like to do so, but the only way i can is by taking that nation overwith new manager, and asking myself, but i dont really want the national manager sacked.

the option to tell your board to do what ever it takes to buy a percific player.

erm and also you hear and see alot of clubs board selling and signing players behind your back, so i would like this introduced into the game , but at the same time when a club wants you to sign a contract you can have a clauss in it giving you the overall power of transfer activitys.

This years 2D Classic (in classic view) is so much different from last years version; the pitch looks squashed and square nothing like the one that we all loved in FM08.

Now I understand the timebar is a useful addition and is commonly used but, in my opinion, this is the reason for the 2D being how it is. Here are my two suggestions to make it better, without losing the timebar:

1. Giving an option in the preferences whereby you can select whether to have the time-bar on your matchday screen, leaving those who do not use it so often not having to be punished by a smaller 2D screen.

2. Using it like a widget; where you can minimise and maximise it during the actual game, so it is there when you need it, but you can still enjoy the much larger, more attractive 2D pitch.

I understand that is unlikely for options like these to be introduced in patches but maybe for FM2010.

1) Have the possibility to own a team, be the Manager and at the same time also the Chairman of the team, creating your own, I know that this is not realistic but it would help that people (like me) that hate when the Chairman thinks that for instance an offer is too convenient to be refused. Giving the people the chance to choose between the two playing styles would make everyone happy.

2) Possibility to edit completely the Leagues and Cups: I am a fan of football from Eighties (maybe because of my age :)) and I would love to have the Serie A with 18 teams instead of 20, consider foreigner also the EU citizenship and have just 3 foreigners per team, restore Cup Winners Cup and UEFA Cup and so on...

I know it is not realistic, but also putting this possibility to edit Leagues and Cups you would make happy everyone: who wants to edit can do it, who prefere things to be realistic can avoid to edit.

3) Youth teams more structured: teams under 20, under 18, under 16, under 14

4) For Italy: to have the Serie D playable

5) to reconsider the researchers for data: I am speaking about italian research because it's the reality that I know better, when the game was isssued there were not the Serie D team, not at all!!! some values of players were ridicolous (for instance Maggio of Napoli that had the same skills of Cristiano Ronaldo :rolleyes:)

I wanted to partecipate to the research this year: after 24 hours all serie A and serie B teams are already assigned, but when you check the teams there are players or staff missing, wrong data, wrong values and players created in a "fast way" (set up CA and PA then leave everything else to 0 to leave it random).

6) About the editor: implement a "scout function" on it, so that in every moment will be possible to check data of other players while I am creating one, if for instance I am creating Adebayor I would like him to have CA and PA similar to another player of that ability, not like Messi or Kakà and neither like a second division player.

7) Possibility to create new languages with the editor and to assign more than one language to one country: for instance is silly to see an Ukrainian player who speaks ukrainian but not russian!!!! On the other hand I would put an interesting thing, that may be difficult to realize but that could be really cool, i.e. create language groups: latin (italian, french, romanian, spanish); german (german, danish, swedish, norwegian, dutch); slavic and so on....

If a player is italian for instance, for him it will take less time to learn french than to learn hungarian or arabic, this could be a nice add.

8) Trainings: possibility to bring the team in summer camp for trainings and extend this possibility to the periods of the year when is possibly (like AC Milan went to Dubai during Christmas vacations), possibility to set up a detailed weekly training with different activities every day

9) Regens: I think they should be close to reality and start from 12 years old, not from 18-19. When I say close to reality I mean that it would be nice to see african regens with great physical skills (pace, acceleration, strenght...), south europeans with good tactical skills (marking, passing, teamwork...), north european strong, tall and with good elevation, east european and brazilians with good technique (flair, creativity, first touch, dribbling...)

here is my 5 creds

- with ball / without ball preperations for players. like the old series. it would work good with "creative freedom" and "mentality". with low creative freedom players should stay where you say them to stay (or run) and with more creative freedom they can do whatever you say. in this version of tactics , there is nothing you can do , just to put player in a position. what if i want my left back to be the 3rd central defender when i attacking from right wing? how can i do that with the current system? and where is the reality/flexibility? or for another example : when you play with 2 strikers , the left sided one always runs on left wing. what if i need to cross the ball to the left sided striker? how can i say to him " just stay on near post when the ball is on the wing/by-line" ?

- more choices for : press conferences , player/manager interactions , TEAM-TALKS

- a new training system : team training and individual training , seperated. for example : i want to train my players on "set-pieces" the wingers-midfielders can cross the ball. defenders "defend" and/or "attacks the ball" , GKs try to advance on their tactical attribitues. also if i want to train players indv. , me or my assistant manager can set-up a schedule for him and he can train AFTER he worked with his team-mates.

A tip for you sparey - Spain based players HAVE to have a min. release fee so sometimes they can be the bargains.

i mean like, when you search for players, you can fliter for transfer listed etc, i would like a fliter for a min.release fee, so could be;

min.release fee - at most - 56,000,000

value - at least - 17,000,000

something like that anyway

1)

3) Youth teams more structured: teams under 20, under 18, under 16, under 14

9) Regens: I think they should be close to reality and start from 12 years old, not from 18-19. QUOTE]

I would hope that SI is considering what age regens come in. 16 should be the absolute max for players and I think having a youth system, not to control, but to develop players and having more of a say about the academy system would make the game much better. I really dont like how players appear at 20 and are better than first teamers. That being said, I think one of the best things to do is have trial days for U12's, like they do for lower league players now, and compete for their signature. I think it be nice if you could somehow influence the kid into coming by doing things like taking him/parents out to dinner, or providing him with club gear, or being ball boy, maybe some illegal stuff that if you think you can pull one over the FA. On top of that maybe your club can gain a reputation for developing great youngsters (West Ham) and attract alot of kids based upon that. But overall I would like to see SI implement a more in depth academy system instead of randomly generated kids based upon youth training facilities.

Hopefully for 2010

1) During a match, being able to keep the focus (i.e. the camera) on one player so it's easier to see what he's doing. The camera would remain on him until the option is stopped.

2) Many people who play FM09 are either coach-only people or manager-only, so some people like to concentrate on coaching only and let the AssMan do the rest, or they like to do the manager duties and let the AssMan or coach do the other duties. It would be nice to see more options where you can coach-only or be the manager only. The AssMan or coach would take care of the rest.

I think the next version of FM need a player status between "descent young player" and "hot prospect for the future". Something that indicates he is a player for the future, even if he´s not supposed to be a star. "Descent young player" sounds like "probably garbage".

Maybe its just me, not really sure - but I find when I go on-holiday, which I normally do when I go out in the evenings, I come home and straight back to the game to find certain players unhappy due to a lack of first team football. So a slight idea would be, when I select to go "on holiday" to have the option to tell my assistant to rotate the squad.

I personally would like to be able to do a player search by division, and see the training side of things improved. Also the tactics side of things made more understandable/intuative ( and by that I don't mean make the game easier) as at the moment it's harder to learn than astro physics. Oh and as a quick dig, a game that is relatively bug free :-)

posted a thread about this ages ago but thought i'd better stick a post in this thread as its more likely to be reviewed here.

Anyway :

the ability, when an international manager, to consult with a players' club manager as to opinions on calling up players.

Using a real life example, Steve McLaren asked Arsene Wenger about Theo Walcott and how he was doing before calling him up for the world cup squad

I've noticed that my number of allowed coaches, scouts and physios have gone up after a few seasons.

Also the number of feeder/parent teams.

I believe it would be very helpful if we got a message about it, or if it was somewhere mentioned/shown the number that you can assign for staff and feeder/parent teams.

It's a bit annoying I have to either try to sign one or renew a existing contract just to see if it's changed.

For the feeder/parent teams it's even more annoying, because the board gives you a "I should concentrate on my results on the pitch" sort of message.

Strangely enough they spend 3 weeks looking for a few to let me choose just to tell me that.

It doesn't make much sense to me that's why I ask this as a wish for future releases.

I'd like to be able to do something with the money I earn, what's the point in asking for more money when negotiating a new contract for yourself if all it is going to do is higher your wage bill?

I would also like to offer players little incentives when you are attempting to sign them such as a house or car or if the sponsorship was extended you could offer them porducts that your sponsor produces like watches, mobile phones etc.

I'd like to be able to do something with the money I earn, what's the point in asking for more money when negotiating a new contract for yourself if all it is going to do is higher your wage bill?

I would also like to offer players little incentives when you are attempting to sign them such as a house or car or if the sponsorship was extended you could offer them porducts that your sponsor produces like watches, mobile phones etc.

What would be the point in those?

Higher wages make it harder to be sacked due to the larger compensation.

Sorry if this has been said but i'd like a feature to say to other managers who talk about buying my players and never bidding to bid or keep quiet. Especially when its a star player who they've unsettled and only made one ridculous small offer for.

What about 1 REALLY good tip from your ass. man. at the end of your season, 1 per season on how to play better with the team your currently managing?

Something like "we should of played more/less attacking football this season" or "we played more defensively this season" or "Your ass. man. suggests you should take a closer look at player X (on your team)"

Not sure if this has been covered before, but with regard to tactics, I would like to move, for example, my left winger slightly infield and further ahead of my right winger! I'd also like to set my defensive midfielder back, but not as back as the default option - with this option, you could also have one of your two strikers slightly withdrawn.....in summary, i can move your players on the tactics screen where you want them to be, really customised!! (I know you could probably do this by tweaking attacking slide etc, but I want to physuically see my players where I want them to be)....hope this makes sense :)

The day this is a part of FM, I will stop playing the game.

Archived