Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Manager Profile to be improved. Include stats like controversy, character traits (determined). Generally make it more like the players.

*Make it easier to keep players happy.

*Player wage demands to be lowered (no 19 year old out of contract players wanting 50k a week)

*More young players from the league your playing in to come through to be top class (not just brazlian and argentinian)

*Misquotes from the manager to be solved. (ie) manager chooses quote from media list then after the submit it says something completly different at bottom of screen, and this upsets players.

*Make training options easier to manage and have a greater effect on player performance

*Transfer fees to be more realistic, and there to be less of them (ie) benzema £42m? virtually unknown player £26.5m?

*A formation suggestion box. To counter opponents tactics. Use this before and during game.

*Do something more with U21 players, like being able to see who has vastly improved in the season played

*Suggestions on u21 players that should be promoted to first team at end of season.

*In game real time editor

*End of season summery of the most improved players in every league. 1 for youngsters. 1 for over 25 players.

*Sponsorship deals to be made negotiable (ie chairman interating with manager over suggestions)

MAYBE SIGAMES COULD REPORT BACK TO THE FANS ON SOME OF THE FEATURES THEY HAVE DECIDED TO IMPLEMENT IN FM09 DUE TO THE FANS SUGGESTIONS

Mine would be in relation to offide rulings and how they correlate with the match engine. I know in real life Assistant Referees can get offside calls wrong when allowing/disallowing goals but for mine FM08 has too many that get disallowed when based on what your screen is showing you there is no way a player could be offside. I've had goals disallowed where the goal scorer has had 3 defenders between him anmd the goals when he got the ball, and yet is ruled offside.

One other is the ability to discipline players. Diving is one thing in previous versions I used to discipline players for, it is one thing I hate IRL and so won't stand for it on FM either. Yet unless a player gets sent off you can't discipline them for anything, which is not quite life like for mine.

I was and still am disappointed with the progress of football manager 2008 from previous editions. The series does not seem to be going anywhere.

*Transfer fees at times don't make sense (ie player offers 10m and computer club offers 6m, player is turned down and computer is not (and it's not to do with rival clubs).

Agreed on these points

Youth set up again: When they say this player is the best player to come though blah blah blah, you check his stats with a ediotor and they are quite crap. So it should compare it to last season youth. Also should beable to invest $$ into youth(the new ones you get every year)

*when players become unhappy be able to interact with them, assuring them of future plans.

*higher player averages like in much older editons. start on 7 instead of 6

*greater amount of negotation options/clauses when buying a player

*greater amount of interaction with other clubs players when trying to offer a contract (making it easier to persuade players to sign)

*more young players coming through from own club (most just end up being free transferred)

All i want from FM2009 is one measley screen clearly displaying the fixture run-ins (next 4 fixtures or so) to be inserted into the game under the fixtures and results section as currently its hassle to go to each relelvent clubs fixture screen.

A small addition i would like is:

On the affiliated teams screen, if you have a loan partnership with a side then you should be able to see when their transfer window is open. I currently have a side in Bulgaria but cant send players on loan until late Jan. Be nice to see a date so i don't have to check everyday. This way my players would a WP sooner.

On the squad screen, which is generally so useful, instead of just having an 'appearances (subs)' column, a last 5 games that our team competed in column would be fantastic. It can be quite difficult to remember who played when without clicking on them individually and checking recent form otherwise. When rotating players for match fitness and happiness this is critical info.

I apologise if any of these ideas have already been posted, are already in the new version or are rubbish... however, he's is my list:

• Players to have prefered formations and styles of play to be in ... however good a player is if they don't mix with a style of play they will be bad
  • Individual leagues to have comon attributes - such as the PL being known as a high tempo league - not all players will play well there
  • Could we redesign kits?
  • Could the player movement screen from past versions be introduced to create set piece routines?
  • An adapted rating be introduced - players must adapt to a new country / team / new players and won't play to full level until then - could be hampered / never happen if different country or unadaptable player - this ability could slow with older players (eg Sheva)
  • Need to make contact with players or agents before being able to sign them - not so many transfers out of the blue
  • Ask clubs to be able to agree terms with the player before agreeing fee
  • Managers favourite clubs and players listed
  • Players have preferences to play in certain leagues or not in certain leagues (eg David Silva doesn't want to play in PL) or certain players only want to play for one club (eg Jesus Navas)
  • Introduce retired squad numbers that cannot be picked (eg 6 for West Ham and 25 for Chelsea)
  • A player effort rating that will affect the level of their performance - could be affected by desire to leave / training could be used to measure it so that those who perform in training earn place in team
  • roles for agents
  • Some chairman introduce active Directors of Football - if they like manager but not signings (influential managers - eg Wenger - could demand a DoF or the removal of one in time)
  • Player loyalty bonuses seem a recently highlighted thing, could they be introduced?
  • Managers prefering to spend lots on players / not alot / experienced over young players
  • Media track previous decisions - with other characters get reputations (eg good at developing youngsters / moving players on could influence whether future players want to sign)
  • Fees for youngsters signed before pro forms to be more than just a set fee - to include future payments etc & system whereby first club of a player gains a certain amount of future transfer fees

Sorry for the length - just wanted to air those thoughts though!

Josh

I've mentioned this for the last 4 years at least, so i will again.

I'd like the 'flip flap' thing back to co-ordinate zonal marking and set pieces.

Also i'd like default instructions to be set to an individual player. So if i bring on Makelele to replace Drogba, he automatically knows not to move for set pieces, stay back, and do nothing except destroy. And vice-versa, Drogba knows to go and be a beast in the box and where to cause problems at set pieces.

Just saves a lot of messing on...

If you win a trophy, you get to watch your team celebrate on a podium. ;)

Always wanted this, requested it every year and never get it. :(

that sounds good, i would like that too. just a simple 2d podium.

HAS ANYBODY SUGGESTED ANYTHING IN THIS FORUM AND HAD IT PUT IN THE GAME? just interested to know whether we are being listened to.

Here is one that is really compromising my enjoyment of the game - has it been mentioned before?

Part-time training and attribute decrease

Basically, players attributes always decline no matter how good your part-time training is. They are better off being unnattached!

It is not realistic to get semi-pro club players on pro contracts for £100 a week, equally it is expensive for a lower league team whose budget is only £2,000 a week.

So could we get that sorted for the next version. I don't expect an attribute increase, but sensible part-time training should be able to keep players at their unattached level.

And this always mentioned but I do feel that the AI 424 (as well as the 442 attacking with long farrows) is TOO effective in the game engine, because the wide forwards ALWAYS get behind your fullbacks if you play a conventional flat back four.

Here is my list that I would kike to see in the game, one of these days (sorry if any of these have been mentioned before):

1) The ability to search by division, e.g. if you are league two club, there could be an option to only search League Two clubs, etc.

2) The ability to set your own set-pices, e.g. If I wanted to practice penalties like Pires and Henry got wrong a few years ago (but this time to make it work, I.e a player kicks it to the side for an on-rushing player to bang it into the net, then why can I not do this?)

3) The ability to actually reccomend a feeder club to the board, rather than having to pick and choose from only three or four given to me.

4) More youth tam and reserve competitions such as Toulon, and other games to help improve your youngsters, and to scout other young players in meaningful games.

5) The ability to reward loyalty, by arranging a testimonial (rather than just pkaying a person in a friendly, as this does not help the person's moral, or reward him financially).

6) Actual communication with other members of staff/board so it is possible to actually get disiplined by the board and to fall out with other members of staff. For example to actually have spats like Rafa at Liverpool (over the Barry transfer amongst other things).

7)The ability to try and convince other managers to take players off of your hands, i.e. rather than at the moment just offering players to clubs, having a dialogue with other managers and saying what this player could bring to their club and why they should get him, this way it could be better than just having a random message saying that no clubs are interested and that being the end of it.

8) The ability to loan players to other clubs straight away after you have signed them (look at Portsmouth's dealing with Norwich City), so that they can get first team games, without having to wait a few weeks for negotions to take place.

These are my requests off of the top of my head, I am sure that I could think of more given the time. (not that the game isn't good already, rather that these are meant as constructive comments!).

why the first year of each new game, the champions league groups can't be the same as they actually are ?!

The qualifiers havent been played in teh game yet at the start of a new game though, so what that can alter the teams in the competition come group stage time.

I would like to be able to choose the clubs I offer feeder status too. and I dont mean choose from a list of about 4 preselected teams, I mean choose any team I want and offer it.

Hi, i´m portuguese so here´s my wishlist :

» Instead of we have to download facepacks, I´d like the game to already have photos .

» The game having shields of the teams, league, etc .. Like, the Benfica shield is an eagle, like this one .

» Rosters of the teams updated to the maximum lool .

» And i think this is the more important one . I´d like that we can do press conferences after the game, like the journalists asks we questions and we answer them . Also, i´d like the game to have a better match engine, because since the CM 4 that the engine is mostly the same .

Miles, think about it and if anyone don´t understand my english very well, PM me lool .

as usual,sorry for something already mentioned..

1.contracts for ALL the managers,not only for me.contracts also for the national managers. plus,at least a screen with all your earnings.don't care about spending money in cars or houses or paintings,just would like to know what i've earned.otherwise,what's the matter in negotiating contracts?

2.as already said,chance of playing as youth team coach and as assistant.i think it would increase a lot the challenge in the game.

3.media: i'm ok with the press conference,but not only one in a year.coaches (at least in italy) have to sustain two press a week,and almost a daily interview (surely for the dedicated channel if we're talking about a big team,example as milan channel,roma channel,inter channel etc.). i think that media as in FM2008 is pretty worthless and boring, more interactivity,more questions,more answers,more of everything. give the press more power to attack you,and give the coaches more power to defend.

and i think that maybe,if someone doesn't like this,the amount of media presence in the game should become optionable at the beginning of the game (as for the database..do you want to play with minimum,as i think in fm2008,medium,large or maximum?)

4.relationships with players.i'm winning a derby game 6-0.my striker,who scored 5 goals,is subbed at 86th minute for the standing ovation.yeah,and the day after he's angry for the sub.seriously,why?ok,there are players who react weirdly,and i could be ok with that..but as a coach i would like an option to try explain him (it was for the standing ovation or it was for preserving you for next match or it was because you were booked or also you are a mindless idiot). i suppose that i should be able to explain every choice i make in the game,and that every decision that i make is relevant for the developing of the game (affecting player's morale,board confidence,my personality and everything else).

5.this one had been already (and lot of times) mentioned,but one plus will not so bad.

if i'm asking a price for X player,i don't want to read proposals for lower money.the only thing i could accept is a private phone call/message from other team trying to offer something else,as an option for some of their players or some kind of partnership or anything else.but i don't want to read only lower money offering.and plus,i would like to have the chance to say "i will not sell player X this year,stop with requests".example,playing with udinese i don't want to sell laurito.but,twice a week,lot of big clubs (expecially milan and inter) are proposing me offers.and it's not the case above mentioned,they're offering me much more the player value,but simply i need to keep him with me and i don't want to sell it.

and this bring me to the next consideration.

6.preparing the season.

by myself,it could be one of the greatest improving for the game.maybe with a pratical example i'm able to explain better.

at the end of this year,milan sacks ancelotti and calls me to substitute him.great,i say.so i have to talk with adriano galliani about the team,about what they want for the upcoming season(s) (and this is already implemented with board expectations,but in a really bad way i think..happened that i won it all with barcelona,champions league,world club cup,eurosupercup or what the name is and the liga,but laporta gets angry because i wasn't able to reach the final of copa del rey..come on..) and how the general player situation is.

so,before going to the summer training,i should have a list of targets to achieve,i should know how the morale of the squad is after the past season and if there any problems with some of the guys.to find out,i should be able to talk personally with every player of the first team,trying to know how they feel about the upcoming season,how much they're happy with the team,what they want to play,what the relationships with certain teammates are and so on.a long chat to try discover everything. again an example: i should be able to talk with alberto paloschi and try to understand if i would accept the role of 5th striker in the team,playing only in worthless games or only if he shows really great improvement during trainings (and there something to improve also there,but later).i have to understand what he feels about going to play on loan,if he would accept to play in minor leagues or maybe abroad.and he should be able to say that yes,he would love to go on loan or not,only first team or sell me,or also only if i play at least 20 games or sell me.and give him the possibility to "lie",example asking to go on loan and then getting angry or sad for it,depending on his character attributes.

and so on for all the players.

then,the transfer market.i'm ok with the budget.one thing that i dont like so much is that after few years with certain teams you're able to spend billions and buy everyone.

so,my idea is,according to what real life is i suppose: estabilish a number of player you need,and in what role and so on.back to my example: i talk with galliani and i say to him "ok boss,we can win it all,serie a and uefa cup..but i need three new defenders,one playing in the middle and two playin the wings,one midfilder and at least one big striker". obviously,my ass manager has to help me with this giving his advices after the general scouting (and so we would be able to do this playing as assistants) and then galliani should say "ok" or "you're crazy" or "we don't need 3 defenders but only 2" and so on..then the transfer budget should be used for this.and sure,i can buy everyone i want,in this example i can buy cristiano ronaldo,fabregas,messi and silva if i want (and if i can,obv) but then the board should ask why i've spent money in players that i didn't need,affecting the confidence and my reputation and so on (example,the year after if i'm confirmed at milan,they could not trust me and don't allow me to buy some players).on the other side,if i can't reach to buy the players i said i needed i can use this as explanation for not reaching the targets,or say that i needed greater players than the ones that budget allowed me to do.

and then,the transactions.

as i said before,there should be the chance to deny any offer to some of my players.usual example,i should be able to say "kaka will stay here forever and ever" or "kaka will stay here until the end of his contract and then we'll see" or "maybe we will sell him the next year" and every statement should affect players morale,your reputation,what the fan think about you and so on. saying that i will never sell it kaka and then sell him the next year should cause my firing or something similar.

then there should be a screen in which you could check other teams and clicking on the name a list of player available for transfer should appear.which is not meaning that they're on transfer list,but that they could be sold with a proper offer.

and so you would be able to choose by what kind of team you want to buy someone,simply using a filter (example: team in you league,team in the bundesliga,team playing the championsleague etc.).should be great if,near the names of the filtered teams,the relationships between them and you is going to be displayed,IE with the stars,in order to know how much it will be easy or hard to buy someone from that team (IE,filtering champions league team,with milan you will have near 7 stars with barcelona and 1 with inter).

and then you take a look to all the players available and then you should be able to declare your targets,at least to your board. and then consider if the budget will be enough,and if not send your scout to search players similar to the ones you're looking for.example,i should be able to say to Leonardo "go to brazil and search someone similar to david villa".

and i think the supporters' role should be implented here.they have to say "we want villa,or we want ronaldinho" and obv please them will increase your reputation amongst the fan (affecting seasonal tickets selling,for example).

i think that a transfer market going this way would be more close to real life than the current one.

7.very quickly now:tactics.as already said,we should be able to give instructions to the team and to the single player considering if we are attacking or defending.by myself,the option to select the man's position in certain zones of the fields considering where the ball was and if we owned it or not as in a past edition,was perfect.then,the chance to give personal instructions to the player and not to the position.and then,improve the target man role and the way to serve him.

8.trainings.last thing,but very important to me.i would like a feedback from my assistants not every month,but every day.i have to know how the tuesday training is going,i have to know if the team is giving 100% or if someone is giving less,and have to chance to talk about this,with the entire team or with the single player,or allow my assistant to do it (another great thing if you're playing as ass man). it would be great also preparing weekly schedule with targets to reach (or monthly,or yearly) for example to prepare for an important champions league team.another example (the last one,then i promise i will stop):

with milan we're going to play a champions' semifinal in barcelona.we won 1-0 the first game,so we have to being prepared against their offensive force.so on the monday and tuesday training i will focus (or let my ass man do it) on the defence team play,the counter attack and we will try and try the offside trap,or prepare some special movement on the wing to try to stop messi,for example trying lot of double pressure on him.

then,on tuesday evening,my ass man should give my a graphic and tell me who trained best,who seemed to understand well what i've asked,who really reached the targets,who gave more effort and of course who don't.and then i can decide to talk to the team,or to single players about this,everyday and everyday.in practice,more locker room life.and the players should come to me (or go to the physio or to the assman) and say for example that they don't like the way we're training and what i would do about this.

ok,sorry for for repeating something,for my bad english and for the length!

Well, this topic is too long to read for me now, so i hope somebody put this idea before. Status of country should be changed after (x,y,z) years from developing to developed...

So Poland and Fhilipnes, Turkmenistan, Puerto Rico, Belarus are developing. In my opinion this is not fair. If somebody thinks this is ok - please visit me in Poland :)

watch out for the russians M8 pl...

would somebody at SI please put in a means of indicating which teams are available for friendlies on the "arrange friendly" screen....i must of clicked through around 40 countries a minute ago before actually finding a nation that wasn't "not available for friendly on this day", just to get a pre-tournament friendly for my England team.

1.contracts for ALL the managers,not only for me.contracts also for the national managers. plus,at least a screen with all your earnings.don't care about spending money in cars or houses or paintings,just would like to know what i've earned.otherwise,what's the matter in negotiating contracts?

Go to your manager screen, and click on History > Information. It is displayed there :thup:

More extensive scouting networks. For example, Chelsea have 12 scouts, but they have contacts in their own countries, so for example, Hans Gilhaus could say that

'My mate Dave says there's a really promising 15 year old CM at FC Twente, do you want me to take a butchers?'

As opposed to me looking for players to get him to scout, or sending him out on assignments. he should live in Holland, and just constantly be on the lookout for players.

Hi, i´m portuguese so here´s my wishlist :

» Instead of we have to download facepacks, I´d like the game to already have photos .

» The game having shields of the teams, league, etc .. Like, the Benfica shield is an eagle, like this one .

» Rosters of the teams updated to the maximum lool .

» And i think this is the more important one . I´d like that we can do press conferences after the game, like the journalists asks we questions and we answer them . Also, i´d like the game to have a better match engine, because since the CM 4 that the engine is mostly the same .

Miles, think about it and if anyone don´t understand my english very well, PM me lool .

» SI don't have licenses for the photo's, thats why they arent in the boxed game.

» Again, SI don't have licenses

» They are, squads are updated up to the latest transfer window, with a patch coming out after January and then WeeGiE updates in the next summer.

» That already happens, but should be more in-depth. I too would like quick fire questions.

» I agree, as long as it isnt a 3D match engine

Not a new thing, but I wish FM09 would sort player histories the same way FM07 did. For example, in FM08, when a player is loaned out consecutive seasons, there will be a record of the player having been at his parent club though he did not play a single competitive game for them that season. Very minor, but all those "empty" rows are a little bit irritating IMO.

This would probably take a while, but I think a record of injuries would be nice to be included. Or if the scout commented on a players likelihood to be injured in a scout report (I don't think this is mentioned yet) - sometimes it can really ruin a youngsters career when they are out for 6 months.

This would probably take a while, but I think a record of injuries would be nice to be included. Or if the scout commented on a players likelihood to be injured in a scout report (I don't think this is mentioned yet) - sometimes it can really ruin a youngsters career when they are out for 6 months.

I'm happy to grant you your wish.

Its already in the game: Player --> History --> Injuries. Done!

i think that you shouldn't be able to watch the correct ratings of the players in the game.

not even yours.

you can scout someone over and over,but you won't ever be sure that THAT numbers are the right ones.

it could depend by the quality of your scouts,by the times you scout a player and so on..

should be more realistic,i think..and i suppose this thing could be clinched to a variation of the player's characteristic..by myself i would change the range from 1-20 to 1-50..

Just about everything I could want has already been suggested (whether or not it is already in the game) but I do have one suggestion. (If this isn't a good 'in-game' feature, perhaps someone can make a Mac editor that lets me do this.)

I want the ability to clear ALL rosters and have everyone available as a free transfer.

This is actually rather fun, though there would need to be some way to guarantee that all teams would make an effort to sign players, as when I do this in '08, some (rather prominent) teams fail to sign more than two or three players.

At this point I have to use the editor to clear out players one at a time... how about one button?

How about more interaction between relatives so in the relations section you'll have Fav Clubs, Fav Players and Relatives so in news reports like when you sign a player

for example

Man utd have Completed the Signing of Anton Ferdinand for £Xmillion

Ferdinand whose brother Rio is currently Vice-captain at man u is said to be delighted at the oppurtunity to play alongside his brother

well just a thought i had.....sorry if its been said before but im new so yeah

when coaching a national team, and your coming up to a friendly. you choose your team and the critics go crazy over including players who they feel are not good enough.

you should be able to choose from a list of options to tell the press wat your hoping to achieve from said friendly. for example

option 1 - looking to win so choosing best team

option 2 - looking to blood youngsters, result not important

option 3 - resting star players, giving fringe players an opportunity

stuff like that so when you lose the friendly there not so angry at you and such, and if you win then there happy cause you were trying something new and the new players played well

also you could try this with club games as well, like if theres a useless second leg game against like a league 2 team or something, your up 5-0 and want to play youngsters, have the same options so if it ends up being only 1-0 or a draw there not so disappointed.

just something that could help, might be to late now not sure but thought id add it

Archived