Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Can we ask players to mark a particular position please. So, rather than man mark (which will mark the player which the AI deems appropriate, for good or ill), or mark specific player (which can go wrong when the opposition moves players around) can I ask my right sided full back to mark left midfield, or alternatively I might want to mark their left full back. If they move personnel then I'll mark whomever moves into that position, unless I deliberately change it.

Another feature which I'd appreciate, although this may be more difficult to implement, is to set alternative formations and tactics to match the opposition. If I set up a 442 against a 433, then I might ask one centre back to man mark, the other to sweep and the full backs to man mark. If the opposition go 442 then I'll ask both centre backs to man mark and the full backs to go zonal. If I could advise my players to adapt in this manner before I start then I won't be stuck with hassle and, more importantly, the crucial delay, when the opposition switch formations mid game. I don't think it's beyond the wit of man to tell a back four to adapt when the opposition adapt. I don't expect them to react to every change imaginable but if I can anticipate it before it happens then I should be able to tell my players how to react when it does happen.

That last point is related to the general problem of the opposition being able to change tactics more quickly than a human player. I don't believe I should have to wait five minutes to change my positioning, or indeed to make a substitution. The ball goes out of play every 30/60 seconds, I should be able to make a change almost instantaneously.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A feature where you could ask a feeder club what kind of player(s) that they would like to get from you on loan this season, or have first preference on your loan listed players.

And coach reports where the coach recomends what a certian player should be doing for the given season.

Coach A recomends Player X be loaned out to Affilate T/League N

I would like to be able to tell my General Manager or Chairman who i want to sign and have them negotiate with the club a fee, before or after i the manager has agreed personal terms with the player....AS IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE FOOTBALL....or so i believe.

i would like to see:

- more player interaction (with your own players and players you wish to sign i.e. telling them your ambitions for the club so they are more inclined to sign for you)

- improved scouting

- a more indepth view on how your training is affecting your players

- possibly an option to start as an assistant manager to a larger team before managing (only as an option though as not everyone would want this)

The assistant manager idea is a very good in my opinion. But, your job role would be limited. You would have to be in charge of the reserves and do well there to get promoted and offered managerial jobs at smaller clubs!!!! Good idea though and i hope the game makers look in to this for future versions, and only have it as an option as people won't like it. It is called Football Manager and not Football Assistant afterall.

The assistant manager idea is a very good in my opinion. But, your job role would be limited. You would have to be in charge of the reserves and do well there to get promoted and offered managerial jobs at smaller clubs!!!! Good idea though and i hope the game makers look in to this for future versions, and only have it as an option as people won't like it. It is called Football Manager and not Football Assistant afterall.

You are still managing a team though..

This is my most wanted feature - but if it is exended to make you the youth/U21/U18 manager. Think of the problems that can give you - players getting released over your head (similar to the chairman selling them feature currently), really good players getting called up for the reserves so you have to start again in training players up etc.

This would be an excellent feature and has near limitless posibilities for more player interaction as players you brought through the youths who are now world beaters would want to play for you at your new club (when you are a proper manager)

More player views such as:

*"Player X is delighted the club have achieved promotion"

*"Player X is happy with the team's performance against X"

*"Player X would love to see [transfer rumour player] sign for the club"

*"Player X is eagerly anticipating the new season"

*"Player X thinks the club can win a trophy this season".

*"Player X doesn't think [rival club] are in contention for honours this season".

These aren't groundbreaking ideas, they're just common sense ones which occur in real life.

I still think you should have to answer questions at a press conference when you take a job.

Finnish Second Division (Kakkonen) to the game!!! Other northern europe countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark) all have at least three highest divisions but Finland only two highest divisions!!! We want to play Kakkonen also!!! Finnish players would be reallyyyyy happy if Kakkonen and even Kolmonen (Finnish Third division) would be added to game.

I would like to be able to tell my General Manager or Chairman who i want to sign and have them negotiate with the club a fee, before or after i the manager has agreed personal terms with the player....AS IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE FOOTBALL....or so i believe.

Yes I was thinking about this too. If the club has a big bank balance, but they are only giving you a small amount to spend, then I think you should be able to ask them to up the transfer kitty for one particular player.

Also, in the confidence screen alongside the 'signings', 'players', 'matches' screens etc, there should be one about 'potential signings'. Any speculation regarding potential signings, potential sales etc should be included, with the fans views on it.

"So and so thinks that the majority of [your club's] fans would be disappointed with the sale of [player x]."

"So and so thinks that most fans would love the club to sign [player x]"

"So and so thinks you should offer so and so a new contract."

I would like to have more management options, i.e the ability to start my career as u-18 coach or reserves coach and eventually being approached for 1st team manager then general manager.

I would definitley like to see this at international level like stuart pearce from man city to england u-21 manager.

I would also like the ability to suggest further improvement to the stadium to the board such as the option of boxes, club shops and improving facilities which could have an effect on fans attendance. perhaps even an option to improve local public facilities and your own transport company for fans.

This might already be in one of the other 31 pages, not to mention the other thread, but I will give it a try anyway:

I was very happy to see the implementation a the "make available for" button so people training with the 1st team, would play for the reserves. However, I usually only manage to use in the first three weeks of a season, and then forget about it.

I was thinking of two possible alternatives that could work side by side with the existing feature:

- make it possible to permantly make a player from the first team available for the reserves, possible with some kind of fittness restricition. Like: "Always available for reserves when fittness is over 90%"

- Make it possible to have players in your reserve squad train permanently with the 1st team. Usually this would be great for younger talents, and is certainly a way I have used personally in my coaching life. (Although I have obviously not coached at highest level, but even on lower levels this is done.)

Well, thats it - have a great day!

*Have an option for players so that when they retire they will remain in game as an unemployed personal so we can still view their career and stats. If feels sad to lose the track of players after playing with them for years and if they dont become coaches they are totally wiped out after retirement. User should be able to pick which players to remain in game from that players personal menu.

*Introduce the weight data and make it important factor in player fitness. Lazy/old/injured player put on weight and eventually they temporarily lose their pace until they lose weight again. Ronaldo is a perfect example, it is hard to say he lost his skills after last injury but obviously his new belly wont make it easy to move on pitch for him.

*Track coaches head to head records. For example it would be nice to see our all time records versus Mourinho including all the team we and he managed during the game. This data could also affect the mind game comments before games.

What I would like to see in future versions is a way to save a team so that you can challenge your friends best team or so you could see which of your teams is best.

Just to be able to save a squad of 16 or 18 players so that matches between savefiles is possible.

I think that the club coefficients, club riches, and league coefficients should be utilized to allow a club to gain a better reputation over time if they start winning and earning more money. Afterall, it only took Chelsea a bunch of money and a few seasons to become one of the top teams in the world, why not our clubs in this game.

I'd like to see more specific positive performance related contract details, rather than the more negative skirty board confidence feedback we get now. I. E. If you achieve a certain goal then the board will improve training facilities or increase stadium capacity, or give you more financial backing/wages to keep the club moving forward etc..in cohesion with your success as a manager. This could be used to make the current manager contract details more interesting. There could also be a board ambition rating. Therefore you'll know before you take a job and you're successful how and if you'll be rewarded.

Not sure if this has been suggested, but didn't want to trawl through all the pages ...

A customisable match screen, where you can choose what is shown and where. For instance, I like the player ratings screen to be the match screen, and at the moment, I have to change this every time.

Is there a way that for FM 2009, there is a preference screen that allows you to custom build your match screen?

I.e. you have three sections for the match screen (divided half on the left, and the right side, split in to two boxes, one on top of each other), and you can drag in what you want to appear on the left (in my case, this would be player ratings) then you can drag in what you want to appears in the boxes on the right (e.g. 2D match engine & latest scores etc etc). And then every time you go to a match, the screen is set up as stated in the 'match screen preferences'

I guess the nearest thing I have seen that does this is the bbc website homepage, where you can drag the news boxes to where you want them to appear when you open the page. I have Sports as the box on the top left.

How does this sound?

- The ability to become (via applying in the job or being contacted by another manager) an assistant manager at a club. You could give the coach your views on certain players, devise the training scheme, take control of the reserves, be asked for advice etc. and eventually replace the manager upon his sacking.

- In future editions it could be expanded to becoming a scout/coach etc. (For example, if you were a coach asked to control 'Shooting' you could choose which exercises the players would perform to develop certain aspects of 'Shooting', like technique, power etc.)

- A set piece editor, with arrows for runs, passes etc. would be great.

- Although this might be pushing it a bit, I'd like to be able to add in leagues mid-game; although it would take some time for FM to do this, "greyed-out" players could turn into "real" players with the same ability, and players could be generated with ability reflecting the club's reputation at clubs which don't have any. (Poorly articulated, I'm aware!)

- As someone else said, in the 'improved transfer system' which lots of people here are calling for, season-long loans for players who would normally be sold should, in most cases, be accepted with the option of purchasing them for a certain fee at any time. I know that this can be done on FM, but it is somewhat more rare than in real life.

MANAGER CONTRACTS

Staff Role - level of control at the club, specific responsibilities. Some clubs may want a director of football to do all the transfers, and every other bit of organisation, whereas some may want total hands on control of everything. You could be a manager who picks out a player but doesnt do negotiations, you get a message informing you if negotiations were successful or to look for another target.

More manager clauses - Wage rise, option to extend contract, stadium build, improve facilities, sign a certain player, offer a player a new contract, certain budgets for wage and transfer

Long term and season plans - currently the board sets, but it would be great if we could negotiate our own e.g. win league by end of second season, win champions league end of 5 years. Improve training facilities. Improve style of play. Minor things like improving discipline, greater proportion of academy or home-grown players maybe, certain ceiling of goals conceded, a target for goals scored, individual targets for each competition.

Wages - manager wages wont just be the normal basic wage, they will also include bonuses for achieveing certain triumphs, i.e. £1m bonus for winning champions league.

sorry if its already been mentioned, but

if a player, usually EU, have accumulated enough days to get an english passport, ie mikel arteta, you should as england national manager be able to give him some Player Interaction to the tune of "get an english passport and your in the team".

* League Structure Editor/Addition of Leagues

(If the concern is that league editors would inhibit the purchase of future version then make it such that only newly created teams can be swapped into custom leagues, default existing teams can only be swapped in default existing leagues.)

* Create Youth Player

(Where you can name your own youth player and maybe position, not create a full player in game, but just give a suggestion as to the existence of one)

* Import/Export Teams/Players

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=40108

I'll try to add things that might not have been added before, or in this way.

1. Customization / Modification

2. Manager Personalities

3. Unfold the now Living Game

1. Customization

Could Football Manager be opened up for more in-depth customization? How cool would that be, and how profitable! Some games come to mind wherein user-content has made all the difference between a game being O.K., and it becoming legendary. Two games that I'm familiar with are The Sims 2, and Rome Total War (and all the rest of their games), both of which have immense player created content and modification which have taken the titles far far beyond the imaginings of the initial developers. More and more, games are opened up for such consumer redevelopment, and I'd love to see what could happen to the FM series if this path were more fully explored.

So what do I imagine for FM as far as modification and customization? First, lets acknowledge the customization already available to the game, which is considerable: custom DB, custom kits, skins, sounds, XML files for various things. What else could be done you ask?

a. Custom implementation of the match engine. So the data is piped to a GUI, and people could display this any which way they wanted: Pipe to Twitter! Pipe to a user-made 3-D engine of 3-D marshmallows! But put the data hook out there and the programmers will come and do something amazing......for free.

b. Scripting. Lots of scripting. Script your manager responses to media, to substitutions in a match, to scouting preferences, to what media is displayed in the news. Open up some scripting on all fronts.... and then ....

c. Bots. Let players create 'Bot' managers with particular strategies and tactical tendencies and unleash them on their game world to see how they do. And then...

d. Interact. Allow players to have their bots compete against each other online in FMLive, or a version of it just for such fun. And then realize that in order for the bots to be really fun, they're going to need some personalities, so that they react to pressure in amusing and unpredictable ways, depending on their underlying experience and 'temperment'. And so in making the bot world, come to rewrite the FM world for human players such that all managers have rich and memorable personalities. Extend this to the players themselves. Allow it (not force it) to mean something to have a club full of El-Hadj Diouffs or Big Duncan Fergusons. See Roy Keane sweating when he's not the biggest ego in the room at Sunderland? Maybe that means he won't focus so well on his managerial duties.

e. Bring the Bots back from the internet and let players easily download various personalities into their game to test their wits against and enjoy. New challenge games will be created continuously against the best and worst of the bot managers, and hey look, bingo, we have the much desired 'Difficulty' setting for newbies. Have the managers in their league start with lobotomized managers, and as they have success, suggest they upgrade their AI.

2. Manager Personalities

So I've already done a bit of this, which was stolen from a post earlier in the thread. I think that all the player interaction, media interaction, and team talks in the game has come across as "Nice Idea, but why is it boring?" to the players of your beautiful game, SI. And I think I know why this is the case.

On the one hand, the game has always been about stats and numbers. A glorified accounting game. And we all really love this aspect. On the other hand we know that we're doing a bit of suspension-of-disbelief and really caring about our players as if they were real persons and not DB lumps. We manage our teams "As If" they were the real teams. Well, some of us do. And some of us just play the accounting game for all it is worth. And it is worth a lot.

The media interaction stuff fits into both of these modes-of-having-fun by design: Pretend to be talking to the press (Imagination), and Have and Impact on your team (Game). So we choose various things to say, and have an impact on our game. But because this is a top-down implementation it really loses the plot. First of all, a multiple-choice situation which is on many levels quite static and removed from the immense mathematical depth of the game, is too simple. It takes away from those rich game decisions such as playing a just-fit player of lesser quality, or a fully-fit player of lesser quality, knowing you have a cup match in 2 days.

The parallel would be to earn a million dollars by shrewd business dealings and then take an interest in playing blackjack for profit. The two don't go together. Not the best example. But the point is that the multiple-choice of the media interactions is an insult to the genius of the game, and it really hurts it. So please stop that.

However, if the rich and deep part of the game can be brought closer to the media interaction, then things start to matter, and apparently simple choices that you've faced before sit like the tips of icebergs over far deeper movements. And I think that the way to do that is to develop the manager interactions and manager-player interactions so that these individuals take on real personalities which you are likely to get to know easily just by spending time with them.

IE, you'll easily notice that every time you play Big Duncan (and no offense Dunc) you hear him directly urging other players to put in some nasty tackles on so-and-so. And you'll easily notice Arsene's snide remarks and gloating, because you'll maybe see his press interview after your Derby match. If the players and especially the managers (since there are less of them to get to know) in the game start to take on some real and consistent personalities, and if these personalities are reflected in a style on the pitch and in man management, then whatever is said can actually matter. Otherwise its just a little formula that gives a morale boost to your players before a match (for example).

So it seems to me that the media side of things needs to either go much further, which requires it mattering in terms of long-term relationships, style, effects of personality over time, etc.., or it really needs to go, because at this point it is stuck in the nether world of neither mattering much, nor adding at all (in my opinion) to the sense of imagination of the game. It was easier in FM06 to feel personally vengeful against another manager when I couldn't even talk with him through the media. This is because it was only his real results against my team that I could measure him by, and not a faux or pretend "Choose your Own Adventure" side quest of multiple choice that was exactly the same for every manager interaction. This deflates. It doesn't add. 'nuff said.

3. Unfold the now Living Game

If and when players can script, create modifications of the game (I was just thinking tonight that I want to be able to color the text in my 'inbox' by type of comment. I want approaches for my staff in RED, so I don't miss them), set up static or dynamic manager AI's and tactical systems, the game will explode with rich content.

And I think that even imagining this scenario can help to outline what can be changed without (ironically) even taking those steps. For me, I see that creating rich and meaningful characters in the game would 'solve' the problem of the fence-sitting of the current media system. I'm sure other players would want to focus on developing other aspects of the game. By imagining our participation we can come to know what we really would like to see happen.

In conclusion: The main point I'd like to make is that FUN is really important and that some recent developments in the series have been clever, but not so much fun. But if these features are really developed, so that they can become part of the fun, something else is going to have to be unleashed in the game. I think that has to be manager personalities, at least, if not a real opening to customization so that the fans can take the model to its natural evolution, each and every year.

-Smac

2 simple things I'd like to see:

i) make sure the text commentary for teams like Man City is legible - perhaps a thick black outline around the letters.

ii) make individual instructions correspond to players rather than positions, i.e. I like to tailor instructions, like 'run with ball' etc, to the player's ability. When it comes time for substitutions or if I'm rotating my squad before a game, it results in 5-10 minutes unnecessary tinkering.

(I think the benefits from this would outweigh any confusion from having to set the sliders like 'mentality' for each player -if you aren't using team ones, that is)

O.K. Improvements I'd like to see, probably already been mentioned but I haven't got time to read through 16 pages !

1. If, in the first half of a match, I set a split screen with, say, summary on one side and match stats on the other I want that same layout to be there when the second half starts, not have it revert to a full screen of summary.

2. Enquiries about players. If I get an inquiry for a player and I set a price I would like to get for him (in this case we are talking £1.3 million for a player currently valued at £900k) and the enquiring team don't want to follow up, then I don't want the same team to make the same enquiry a few game days later. They know this info why are they asking again ? If it's that they think you are being unreasonabale then have some different text like 'Come on now, he's not worth that, what do you really want'. If not I'd like a feature where I say, for example, 'refuse all enquiries from Coventry regarding Grant Basey'

3. If I'm linked in the press with a player I'd like the option to say 'he's beyond our budget' or 'we are quite well stocked in that position' something like that, better anyway.

Manager Personality Development

I had another thought along the lines of developing manager personalities and enriching the media experience. Managers could increase their 'stock' statements 100x, and these could reflect their personalities and what they are trying to communicate. By putting these stock statements into a file editable by players, preferably any number of files so that we can download and add new statement sets as players develop them, managers could start to take on a life of their own. Let me give an example we are all familiar with:

"I am the special one"

This could be added with reference to personality variables and situation variables in an XML file. An editor for selecting the appropriate use of various statements could be made fairly easily.

"They're not going to get anything from this game. It'll be lucky if they find the bus on the way out, let alone a football on the pitch!"

By adding a few more manager personality details, we can see which kind of manager might pop up with such an arrogant mind-game type statement.

Humility --------- Arrogance

Wittiness ---------- Seriousness

Ability to Deflect --------------- Easily Embarrassed

Spurs rivalries ---------------- Gets along with everyone

Dishonest ------------ Honest

Private ------------- Public

Etc..

Who knows what the best arrangement of traits would be, but once these were set and added to all the managers in the game we could start to see some real personalization. We could see "The Special One" getting to Arsene through the media. We could have a laugh along with Neil Warnock. Or 'tell it like it is' with David Moyes.

Players could gather a bunch of quotes from various managers and add them to a growing downloadable list. I'm sure we'd argue over what effects these various quotes would have on our players and other managers, and under what circumstances they would pop up, and this would lead to some standardization of 'personality packages' to add to the game, much like the Wegie updates or various facepacks, etc..

By allowing the fans to help with the development here you avoid the legal ramifications of quoting real managers, but more importantly you will enable a fast and vast body of knowledge and effort to deepen and strengthen this nascent but potentially great aspect of the game. Once the personalities in the game start mattering, the media interactions will be fun and important.

The changing of league and competition reputations is a very good idea. Note how there is much more awareness of the MLS since Mr. Beckham joined the league. Also this could be interesting for countries like China or if they included leagues from the middle east. It would be great to take a club from Denmark, Egypt, Australia and single-handedly change the face of that country's footballing reputation. Changing TV deals would be very interesting when youget deep into a game, especially if you get rich developing countries with mega-rich TV people.

In light of what happened to Sven at Manchester City last season, some really ruthless chairmen could sack you even if you have me their expectations. I would also like to see expectations saying 'win either the Premier League or the Champions' League'. Apparently Scolari has this requirement this season at Chelsea. For someone like Tottenham, it could be 'qualify for European competition or win a Cup competition'.

I've been re-visiting FM05, and it appears that the transfer problem with fringe players(at least on the selling side) was there in that game too. As Palermo in Serie A, I tried to offload David Pozzansini who was valued at just over £3m. I lowered and lowered the price until eventually £900,000 was what he went for. In real life there would have probably been 8-10 Serie A clubs who would have wanted him for at least £2m. Another situation: I bought Simon Walton from Leeds for around £250,000. A couple of months later he wants out because he is homesick. I offer him to all Premiership and Championship clubs and NOBODY wanted him, despite being 16 years old, very talented for his age, and offered for less than half a million. Nearly every Championship club and a few Prem clubs would have bought him for that.

Long-term objectives should be assessed based on previous performances. For example you are Hull, and are given a four-year plan, which says at the end of it you should finish above 12th in the Prem. If, in the 4th season you finish 15th, but have an average finish of 14th for the 3 previous seasons, they should look upon this more favourably than if you meet the position only in your last season.

I think this was sorted slightly in '07 and '08, but in FM05, I started off my career with Palermo. We were tipped for relegation at the start of 04/05, but ended up finishing 6th that year and 5th in 05/06. I resigned early on in 06/07 as I thought I had done as well as I could. I started looking for another job, and applied at Udinese, Real Sociedad, Messina, and West Brom. The only job I ended up being offered was at Port Vale, who were stone dead last in League One. You would have thought my great managerial debut would have resulted in better offers?

A neat touch would be an electronic board where the 4th official is displaying the numbers of players coming off and going on. Would be good so you immediately knew who was who when they arrived in the game.

Someone mentioned that they would like to know more about injuries sustained during a game. The commentary could include phrases like 'he's holding his leg', 'he looks to be winded' or 'a nasty clash of heads there' or something to that effect.

Regens - Pace should develop early on in a career and remain the same barring old age or injuries. Regens with "3" for pace aren't any good to anybody really.

Somebody else mentioned a good idea to place youth academies in countries of your choice. It would be great to put an academy in an obscure country to try and develop good talent. Also clubs from those countries could be more likely to accept freindly matches with your team.

The post about all-time scoring lists is a great idea. This could be done for leagues, clubs and countries too.

For people like me who aren't great at the game, it would be great to have some kind of 'Automatic training' which actually develops players well, or at least better than when you leave your assistant to do it.

Hope you could read my ideas and you think they're ok :)

I say the following as a fan of the football manager (and previously before the split) championship manager series. I have bought nearly every new game.

I was and still am disappointed with the progress of football manager 2008 from previous editions. The series does not seem to be going anywhere. Yes there is a new interface, and a pitch that is much appreciated - but after the many many bug fixes/patches problems are solved the gameplay has hardly improved.

* Keeping players at your club is now hugely time consuming and annoying. Constant unhappyness of players due to other clubs interest. MASSIVE PROBLEM.

*Transfer fees at times don't make sense (ie player offers 10m and computer club offers 6m, player is turned down and computer is not (and it's not to do with rival clubs).

* All of a sudden your team can't win. Save game, restart game, all of a sudden i can win again!

*After 4-5 years in game hardly any good young players from nation your club is in are coming through. (ie) Italy has hardly any good young players in 5-6 years time. There are massive amounts of south american players.

Where is the game going? I realise that SIGAMES makes a huge effort - but are you listening to the fans views on new features and gameplay?

I'd like YOU the fans to suggest in this post some new features that the game NEEDS.

I'll get the ball rolling:

*Manager Profile to be improved. Include stats like controversy, character trait (determined),

*Make it easier to keep players happy.

*More young players from the league your playing in to come through to be top class (not just brazlian and argentinian)

*Misquotes from the manager to be solved. (ie) manager chooses quote from media list then after the submit it says something completly different at bottom of screen, and this upsets players.

*Make training options easier to manage and have a greater effect on player performance.

*Huge transfer fees to be more realistic. (ie) benzema £42m? unknown player £26.5m?

*A formation suggestion box a day before your next opposition.

I'd love to hear from Sigames on some of the points mentioned, i do appreciate your effort, but in all honesty any suggestions the fans make seems to go on deaf ears.

SIGAMES please listen and implement the players suggestions as we want to help you make the best game possible.

FM Fans over to YOU:

Players get unhappy all the time. Nowadays you only have to pronounce his name wrong and he'll tell some newspaper somewhere that he wants to leave. It's the modern game and it's well projected in FM. At the end of the day, you want a game that challenges you and keeps you on your toes and FM does that.

I don't really care much for your other *faults* because, again, its realism. Clubs only accept bids that are good for them and noone else. Some clubs want £10m up front and some will go for £6m now + £1m after 12 months, £1m after 20 goals etc etc...

It's the modern game and it's well projected in FM. At the end of the day, you want a game that challenges you and keeps you on your toes and FM does that.

I don't think this is the modern game. In a small amount of cases maybe. If i'd sold every player unhappy in 1 season 6 of starting 11 would have gone. That's excessive and not realistic. I find this tedious and not challenging.

What about some new suggestions FM FANS:

I don't think this is the modern game. In a small amount of cases maybe. If i'd sold every player unhappy in 1 season 6 of starting 11 would have gone. That's excessive and not realistic. I find this tedious and not challenging.

I don't get that many players that are unhappy, 6 of your starting 11 want to leave in just one season? To me, rather than the game not being represetitive of real life, seems like you are doing something to upset the players, I don't mean this as an attack on you btw mate, I actually agree with the majority of your ideas from your 1st post and while it can be a pain sometimes to stop players being unhappy or make them happy again, I can't see past the fact that you seem to have a disproportionate amount of unhappy players

What about some new suggestions? Try using the wishlist thread where forum users have posted their ideas.

Southgate has been at Boro for 2 seasons, only one member of the team that won the Carling Cup in 2004 is still here and he was a young sub, teams turn around especially smaller ones and more so when new managers arrive.

Dont see the problem.

Archived