Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

1,si please bring back the player positing you had in 99/00 or 2000/01 as it gave you more detail on where you want your players to be in different situations.

2,if possible change the way players ability and potential ability where it can change depending on different factors (like did he have a good season last season. coaches at your club, y bring in the best coaches if they cant change a average potential youngster to a good youngster).

3 get the media to be more important to players and transfers like what happening with ronaldo and real mardrid.

4,finaces should be better like if your club has a loan and you have enough money in the bank ask the board to wipe out the loan or put a wad into to it to lower it i.e. rangers have a 16m loan to start but after a few seasons and good wheeling and dealing I can have a balance of over 100m in the bank, also the sponsors so be fixed so if I take Boston utd to the top in the game I can get the amount of sponsors man utd get

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to change the kits for away games and at the end of the season.

Press conference when you join the club and when you leave.

telling subs to get warmed up.

showing which teams are available for friendlys.

loan back option when you buy a player.

select personal feeder clubs

better negotiations with the board.

created clubs put in fa cup straight away. (soooooo annoying)

selecting own training methods.

Future incidents like premiership changing from 20 teams to 18 in 2012/2013.

Originally posted by KingLara:

created clubs put in fa cup straight away. (soooooo annoying).

just set when they were ade to earlier, i think they have ot have been in existence for 2 years iirc.

Future incidents like premiership changing from 20 teams to 18 in 2012/2013.

only if they are actually going to happen, like the 7 subs thing, or is this going to appen, i never heard.

Guest Michel

I would like to see some new options in the FM Editor:

- Create new competition (League/Cup)

- To make editable the promtion/relegation-settings

I'd like to be able to set up my team defensively on set pieces. If not as a mini tactic screen, then atleast give me the option to stick a man to mark free space such as at the near post area. So many corners are put in that area and strikers just run onto it and score.

I'd love a feature to help find the next big player while they are young.

like being able to send your scouts to watch reserve and under 18 leagues, as for as far as i know you cannot send them out to do this at tjhe moment.

also love an option to offer to loan player back to club when you buy him to help to get player if club doesn't want to sell him as they might need him.

love to see computer run clubs inproving there stadiams and and training as they get promoted of have funds avalible to spend on this.

as this will stop computer teams being in top divisions and having very low crowds of training and youth set up's.

i know there are a few spelling mistakes but non of us are perfect lol.

- Make it easier to loan out youngsters - say I loan out players A and B. Loads of clubs go and bid for them - both A and B choose club C. Unfortunately, I'm in the Premiership so I can only loan one of A or B to C, so suddenly one of A or B's transfer fails, forcing me to do it all over again. A matrix (grid) of transfers would be nice with automated cancelling of impossible transfers would work.

- Also, more loan roles. For example, key player, first team, rotation, backup, rather than just first team and rotation (there's a large difference!). I could also use my scouts to give their opinion:

"Scout A thinks Leeds United is lying - Player B would be lucky to warm the bench at Leeds United."

"Scout A thinks that Player C would be the first-choice AM R and second-choice AM L, and would be a backup AM C."

"Scout A thinks while Player D is more likely to play at Team E, Team F has better training facilities and Scout A thinks it could be better off there."

- More players-on-loan interaction:

"Player A is unhappy at Team B as he has only started 2 games in 3 months. He hopes you will recall him soon or talk to the manager of Team B."

"Player A has fallen out with the manager of Team C. Your assistant manager notes that the manager of Team C is a disciplinarian and will unlikely forgive Player A and suggests a recall or a word."

I would like to see more transfer wars for a player eg Chelsea, Man Utd, Barcelona for Sergio Aguero.

Also, I would like to see year round transfer rumours, such as the current Ronaldo saga.

Finally, if it was possible, how about the fans representative gives feedback from the club's forum on possible transfers?

I'm liking these ideas - let's just hope that the best get implemented

The 9 division's of Serie D in Italy, purely selfish because since being able to play the Italian leagues, i have played as Andria Bat(Fidelis Andria)and they have just got relegated to Serie D.

Some other things i would love to be able to have is a narrow defence but a wider midfield, so basically have different width sliders for defence, midfield and attack, specific intructions for my full backs to overlap, at the moment its hit or miss to get that to work.

General expanse of tactic options really.

Originally posted by Columnarius:

Better Scouting Control

<LI> Restore the option to specify how long (including forever) you want your scout to perform the assignment.

<LI> Show the constraints of the assignment so I know if I specified < 18 year olds, etc.

<LI> Give me the option to restrict reports to players who are better (5 star?), as good (4 star?) or worse (3 or lower) than my current team/player. I don't want to have to hear about all the guys I shouldn't sign.

Make free kick and corner settings player based

There is very little about a player happening to be playing right wing or in at center back that makes me choose him as to "stand on near post" or "lurk outside the area". It is his skills in certain things, that dictates that.

Give me a way to list players from 1 - x that I prefer in more positions during corner and free kicks. I want to Rooney to always lurk outside the area, regardless of whether he is playing striker or left wing or wherever.

Agree with these

Improving the Loaning out of Players

Increase the likelihood that another team will ask to take one of your players you've listed for Loan.

Currently you have to click "offer for loan" a lot of the time, and even then it doesn't always work. This is despite me knowing there are plenty of teams out there who could use the player being listed.

Allow me to set things like % of salary, can or cannot play in cup matches as a flag, not just when I offer the player up for loan.

If I set the player as listed for loan, with 0% salary payed by the club who takes him, then I expect that 100% of the time, SOME team(s) could use him and that team(s) should make offers.

Finally, give me updates during the time he is on loan about how he is progressing. I know about the option to get reports from matches, but that just tells me how he played in a single match. I want to know, "player x is gaining experience and enjoying it" or "player x is frustrated and not getting many chances".

Tell the story of his loan experience as it happens, not just when he returns to the club.

And if I take a player on loan from another team, I'd like to see input from that team's manager. "I want you to play him more!" or "I'm trilled with his development, why dont' you take player y also?" etc. etc.

agree

Originally posted by RazingerZ:

one simple... misconduct!!

Drunk players, fights..etc

due legal issues, okay only on "generated players"

maybe? just a suggestion..

Maybe not drunk, but turns up late for training etc. Minor fights/players squaring up etc, players surrounding the ref would all be useful if at all possible

Originally posted by kevinM182:

Just a little novelty thing which i thinkd be enjoyable is that before you substitute a player on, you could tell him to go warm up:P

dunno why i want it, just seems kinda fun

This would be good, especially if you could have his condition increasing when warming up, up to his "peak" condition for the day. This would then show the difference between a planned substitution and an enforced one due to injury, when a player may not have had time to warm up so will have a relatively low condition.

Just a little thing that I've noticed since comin back to FM08 from FML, the little dots next to a player on the tactics screen, showing how suited they are to that postion, green for natural, red for useless etc. That I think would make a difference for me

What I would like most to see is:

1) A 'never get fired' option. Some of us play sports management sims because we want to manage a particular team. We like to build a team at our own pace, and find more enjoyment in watching/building player careers than worrying about 'getting fired' and having all our work wasted.

2) More African leagues. This is loooong overdue. The research is there. It's way past time to have this game become truly worldwide and inclusive by having more African leagues.

Could we please have injury time goals denoted as, e.g., 45+3 or 90+5. It is not unusual to see more than one goal in injury time and for future reference it would be nice to be able to reconstruct the exact sequence of events just by glancing at the scoreline.

Originally posted by Ihsaan:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevinM182:

Just a little novelty thing which i thinkd be enjoyable is that before you substitute a player on, you could tell him to go warm up:P

dunno why i want it, just seems kinda fun

This would be good, especially if you could have his condition increasing when warming up, up to his "peak" condition for the day. This would then show the difference between a planned substitution and an enforced one due to injury, when a player may not have had time to warm up so will have a relatively low condition. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with that! That would add up quite some realism!

Another one: More press interaction during World and European Championships. Players who play very well can easily pick up a big transfer, now this isn't so I think. And more surprises.. Small country's become a big revelation etc... Particulary more interaction with the press. Insecurity if top players will play or not.

On training it would be great if you could make two teams and let them play against eachother. The big test if they are in good form to play or not. And suppose a top player isn't good than you could place him in the second team so he gets a signal that he'll have to perform better in order to maintain his place in the first team. You know what I mean?! icon_smile.gif

I already created a thread about this..

I would like the Complain about a ref option as you get punished when you complain about a ref (fines,etc) but when your correct only thing you get is a fa keep silent and your left feeling dissapointed.

Also i would like to make comments about players for international

Example:-

Club Managers:-

recommend that players are ready for international duty and should be given a chance

International:-

Things like if they don't improve at club level they will not be picked for international or they must get first team games for their clubs.

icon14.gif

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I would like to see more realistic board interference. It drives me crazy that the board will sell off players without getting any input from me, especially when I've been rejecting offer after offer for the player.

It gets ridiculous. Currently playing as Celtic, we are the 5th richest team in the world. During the January transfer window, I was $1.4 million per week UNDER my payroll budget and had $87 million left in my transfer budget. We weren't exactly hurting financially. What does my board do? Take an offer of $3.8 million for my 19 year old midfielder even though I purchased him for $5.3 million only the year before. Considering I've been their manager for 8 years and have gotten them in this great financial position, you'd think they would ask me before thinking an offer too good to turn down. Might have found out I had planned to insert said midfielder in the first team next season and thought him a future star for the team. Ridiculous.

I'd like in tactics to be able to save instructions to a player rather than a position. Also the ability to scout a group of players rather than clicking on each individually would help.

These are the little things, bigger overhauls are needed in other areas I believe but I'll leave that for now.

<LI>board takeovers/board unrest make them more frequent and hae effect on the players.

<LI>greater interaction with the players, especially at big clubs, it would make managing them not so easy, having to tiptoe around star players so they dont get tearful.

<LI> a better news system, maybe one that reflects real life you get lots of news about the top league in a national news section, rather than the news on your own league.

Originally posted by Daneil:

Complete re-vamp of Transfer system

Have it more like it is in real life with the manager giving the team a list of player he wants and then the board going out and getting them, giving you a price and asking if you still want him. Major part of football missing and a chance to replace probably the worst part of the game.

Got a suggestion for the transfer window as well. When big clubs want to buy players from me and they ask me how much I want, I ask much higher than the value price because I think they are worth lots of money.

Most of all the others reject their bid then. I want to have the ability to sell my star players for twice as much as they are worth but this simply doesn't work. But when I want to buy players then I really have to make a big offer. This seems unfair i guess. And this isn't realistic as well!

1.I'd like to see a finance screen that shows you projected future balances, income, expenditure, etc, so I can work out whether signing a new player will mean the club will be making a loss each month o if it could survive.

Obviously it cant be totally accurate as it depends on league success, cup runs, etc, but could always have a 'worst case scenario', 'average scenario' and 'best case scenario' to allow you to make a judgement on whether its a good idea to sign someone financially.

2.With regards feeder clubs, sometimes you can choose a commercial link feeder club. However, tihs gives little detail as to what sort of benefits this gives your club, only that you have to pay a few million a season to keep the clubs linked. It would be nice to have abit more information as to the benefits for these.

Originally posted by russ the womble:

1.I'd like to see a finance screen that shows you projected future balances, income, expenditure, etc, so I can work out whether signing a new player will mean the club will be making a loss each month o if it could survive.

Obviously it cant be totally accurate as it depends on league success, cup runs, etc, but could always have a 'worst case scenario', 'average scenario' and 'best case scenario' to allow you to make a judgement on whether its a good idea to sign someone financially.

2.With regards feeder clubs, sometimes you can choose a commercial link feeder club. However, tihs gives little detail as to what sort of benefits this gives your club, only that you have to pay a few million a season to keep the clubs linked. It would be nice to have abit more information as to the benefits for these.

#2 - sure.

#1 - I'm not sure a manager (unless a part-time one-man-show) would do that though. The nearest realistic option would be for the board to strongly recommend you not sign Player X due to projected effects on future balance-sheets.

Actually, I like that last point made right there ^ icon_biggrin.gif

Seriously, the assman gives a recommendation when you're negotiating to sign a player based on coaching/ability factors; your Kenyon-type suit could chip in with a recommendation based on the club's business plan. That would probably be better than the fans' representative telling you after the event that the fans feel you spent too much on Magnus McMuppet.

Havent read whole thread so not sure if any of these have been sed but i think:

1. If you are playing a "hot seat" game with 2-4 players and you all have a match at the same time, maybe you should have a split screen with the matches being played simultanisly instead of match 1 then match 2 etc.

2. Also like the idea of offering a player on loan in part of a deal e.g United to buy Aaron Ramsey for 5 mil. and loan him back to Cardiff for 12 months.

3. Also with all the talk of the Premier League damaging the England international team, i think that if you are playing in say for; the EPL or the La liga you have to pay more money for the home grown talent.

Hope you all agree, please comment.

Cam

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, but I want more lowest league playable. maybe you can add english lowest league than BSS/BSN and lowest italian than Serie C2.

more lowest

more lowest

i have posted my ideas in :

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/5022028604

would love to see your approve please

secondly, what about add new step for signing player .. like, when a player agreed personal terms, then the club physio give their report in the players fitness if he have problem with injuries or not ( why the scouts saying that ? ) .. if he passed the medical, then the manager can decide to sign the player or cancel it.

I'd like to see functionality to "Choose A Photo" for a player. I.e. you right click the silhouette (or the god-awful generated-face model) on a player profile and browse for a photo on your system. If there could be cropping/resizing options (maybe not FMs forte, but not hard to do) that would be even better. Having real photos of players REALLY help the immersion during long games.

I do this at the moment but have to screw with xml files, put them in the right directory, yadda yadda yadda which is a real pain for a squad of 30. icon_smile.gif

I'd like to see an overhaul of the transfer system. It seems impossible to get a good deal when trying to exchange a player.

I don't like how players price tags inflate after the first season.

Far too many players with a value of £30m need bids of £100+m for the club to accept, and to make matters worse, the AI buys players at "value" price whilst when I buy a player I have to pay over the odds, most times doubling the advertised value.

A loan back option in the transfer would also be ideal.

Physical attributes for 30+ players fall too rapidly, some players reach 33 and are in single digits, even their technical attributes slump too much it puts you off having older players which is a wrong message. The serious decline in players over 30 is distasteful.

I would like to see:

The ability to save "Opposition instructions" - it is extremely frustrating having to set the same instructions game after game...

Players over 30 declining at a slower pace - it's too drastiv atm.

Transfer system is not very accurate. Players from South America etc can become very expensive, sometimes it's impossible to sign a quality player that is not world class for under 20million pounds. It is very hard to get rid of decent players in your squad, even at extremely knocked down prices. prices that smaller clubs would jump at in real life.

a loan back option would be very good with transfers.

For tactics, when I assign a player to mark Torres, he should stay marking Torres.

I don't care if Torres and Crouch swapped positions, keep marking Torres!

Also, When I set individual tactics, the tactic should apply for the player, not the position.

C.Ronaldo and Park Ji Sung will not play the same way even if they play the same position.

Make Comments about games more interesting

"Shocking", "My team are upset", "These things happen", etc. etc.

I think there is about a 85-95% chance that when you comment negatively, the "FA upset at you" counter will increment and if it is = to some amount (3?) -> you serve a touchline ban.

This could be improved. As far as I can tell, Managers in real life make comments to try to influence referees in future games. Why not add that (both an influence on that specific ref, and refs in general).

To be honest, I think asking me what I thought of ref decisions are completely stupid. Offside I can still understand, but fouls?

How am I suppose to tell if one circle fouled another circle? Unless if SI manages to somehow give me an indication of what actually happened, asking me what I think is just highlight its weakness

I'd like to see a 'quick tactics change' when you are in a match.

For example i'd like to have perhaps 4 different pre-set tactics which I could switch between by clicking a button without going into the tactics screen.

For example in the last 10 minutes of a game I may wish to go defensive or start time wasting so I would just like to click my defensive pre-set button instead of going into the tactics screen to load it.

The buttons could just be on the left hand side under the other information on there.

two things for me,if you dont spend all your transfer budget it gets carried over to the next season and instead of asking board for extra transfer funds approach them with a single player you feel the squad needs.

-Job interviews. In theory, people can't complain if they don't get a job now because it's their own fault.

-Get rid of the little confidence bugs.

-On Player Instructions have a Set to All option. e.g, set all players to show to weaker foot.

-I can't understand sometimes why a player takes centre on their own and the opposition get possession straight away!

-What selecting languages you can speak at the start of the game. This could in theory make it easier to get abroad jobs in said country.

-Being able to add favourite teams and favourite personnel as you go with a maximum for each, so you manage them as you go.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for reading

Originally posted by ScottMcUK:

Another idea for the game might be to make squad numbers more important. Remember when Beckham moved to Real and there was the big thing about the wingers shirt number as it belonged to Raul. PLayers should ask for their favourite numbers and get shirty (excuse the pun) if you don't give it to them.

actually arsene wenger had a massive contribution to the design of the new arsenal stadium and training facilities

Originally posted by Sevag:

I'd like to see an overhaul of the transfer system. It seems impossible to get a good deal when trying to exchange a player.

I don't like how players price tags inflate after the first season.

Far too many players with a value of £30m need bids of £100+m for the club to accept, and to make matters worse, the AI buys players at "value" price whilst when I buy a player I have to pay over the odds, most times doubling the advertised value.

A loan back option in the transfer would also be ideal.

Physical attributes for 30+ players fall too rapidly, some players reach 33 and are in single digits, even their technical attributes slump too much it puts you off having older players which is a wrong message. The serious decline in players over 30 is distasteful.

Very True.Second season with United,City want £50mil for Michael Johnson(valued at around £8mil)and also want £80 mil+10% for Micah Richards (valued at £17mil.Hes a good player but no Ronaldo)

Teams will promote to a division only from a division right below it. Correct?

It means that if someone has only selected the EPR, Leeds will never be promoted to the Premiership. The same is with, say Caserta (I quite have the liking for them after I recently managed them to Seria A glory), who IRL have been relegated from the Italian Serie D - in FM 09 you would never see them in the lowest playable division at any point.

How about expanding the pool of possible eventually manageable clubs by introducing league tables (perhaps calculated only at the end of each season) for non selected playable divisions and a couple of non playable lower divisions? Maybe even league tables are not needed. Only lists of which clubs are on what levels and knowledge of which teams have been promoted/relegated between the different levels.

- I'm not sure how far this is already implemented in the game, (I believe not at all) but I'd love to see individual managers have a greater bearing on a player's performance and abilities. Currently, a high rated CA/PA player well whatever team he plays in, and an average CA/PA player will do alright at every team he plays for. But IRL, the performance levels of some individual players can be changed dramatically under different managers. E.G. Mourinho got his player sat porto to really play above their level of natural ability to win the European Cup. Managers like Brian Clough and Bobby Robson who got their players playing for the shirt and pride of the football club. I'd like to see a good manager (in game) who could get a player with an average CA/PA to play above himself to the level of a top player. Perhaps allow a variable CA/PA flucution depending on how talented a manager is at man-management for example. Give a real personal touch to add to the slightly less than cosmetic "Favoured Person".

- Better tranfer system. I just sold Carles Coto to Arsenal for £19.25 million upfront + £24 million in clauses + Vandenborre and Ben Foster AND have the transfer go through next year. I'm not really complaining, but it is a tad unrealistic.

- Greater scope for adding my own favoured clubs (I don't have just one!)/personnel and disliked clubs/people (like certain referees).

- Also, a realistic Arsenal researcher would be nice.

Archived