Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The system regarding commenting on dodgy refereeing decisions is, while a decent idea in principle, quite heavily flawed.

Whilst it's possible to determine whether a player is offside or not, it's impossible to tell the difference between what is a foul and what is not, what is a penalty and what is not etc. After all, all it is two dots bumping into each other. The whole media thing is then reduced to a simple game of chance. Sure, you can click no comment, but tha kind of defeats the point of having it.

What I suggest is that your assistant should comment to you after the game whether it looked a foul or not, so you at least have some kind of indicator whether it's worth your while blasting the ref. It would work similar to the appeals for red cards system, where your assistant says something like 'it was a professional foul, you'd be unlikely to succeed with an appeal'.

Whilst not a major addition, would certainly improve the media interaction and make it less of a farce.

I think that the game should take into account tiredness that players may get through travelling long distances to away games. This could then allow you to choose how your team travels to games (depending on funds) i.e. coach, train, plane etc. For big games which might be a long way away it could be a good addition to fly the squad down to the game.

Originally posted by LSS:

I'd like an option for setting different players to take indirect and direct freekicks.

Also two options for the swapping:

- Swap position with instruction

- Swap position without instructions

Seccond that.

Also:

1. A pre- and post-match "message" asking you whether you want to say something to the press. You can do that already, but you have to click here and there... I was thinking of grouping everything like this:

Your team - opp. Team 1 - 1

press conference.

Talk about:

- the referee

- your team

- opp. team

- your player

- opp. player

- nothing

2. Less coaches, more effective (just like IRL...)

3. The first team manager shouldn't interfere with the handling of the youth team. All the technical and the financial aspects should be handled by the board (these include the "youth team manager", the coaches, contract renewals...). The "youth team manager" could tell you if there is a great prospect that you may want to promote in the first team, and you may have veto right if they want to sell a player you like, but nothing more.

4. Since many teams have a lot of reserves and players promoted from the youth team, selling them or loaning them out takes a lot of time... It would be really really useful to have an option like "transfert listed players in the reserve team handled by the ass. man./board."

i desperately want to see a more realistic transfer market (prices are shocking!), post match or pre-match press conferences, where u can talk about loads of stuff, more media interaction comments, and to choose new kits at the start of the new season

Guest Skadhauge

When bringing in a young player (under 22 perhaps) have the opportunity to compare him with a more famous, even retired, player, this could get the fans worked up over a relative "small" transfer and/or put pressure on the player.

i know that these probaly have been mentioned before

but i would like:

to have a head scout,and a scouting network

also i would like to be able to build youth camps across the world (it is a bit ea but its quite a nice idea)

i would like the youth sytem improved i.e coaches,facilities e.g. the boarding facilities

how about actually being able to park 10 men behind the ball after going up by 1 or 2 and maintain a cleansheet or lead. as it is, the ultra defensive setting is completely useless because you are guaranteed to give up the lead. this is complete crap in this version. the ultra defensive setting has always been substandard but in this version it is especially shocking. lower level teams, i.e. bottom of the league, coughing up a lead is bad but against the top teams forget it. if i'm up by 2 at the half, i pretty much expect a draw or to lose. and i love the last 10 minutes because that's when it happens. i'm still not sure how many you need to be up by but i rarely achieve it. i am sooooo disappointed by this version of the game. SI you guys really blew this one. and here's the best part, you guys don't care what we say because you get paid for the bug ridden crap you put out anyway. so, in a nutshell, in future versions i'd actually like the defensive tactics to work like they are actually supposed to. that means, no stupid passes between 19+ composure and decision defence, especially in the final 5 minutes, actually holding onto the ball in the final 30 minutes (see Man U any game up by 1) to kill off a match, and when it does happen, actually being able to tell your team WHY you're angry.

In FM09, it would be good if managers of A-League (the Australian league) clubs were able to directly sign players from opposing A-League teams. In real-life, managers are able to sign players from other Australian clubs without restrictions.

Currently, when trying to sign a player from another A-League club, it won't let us. Meaning lots of players just leave their clubs and have to wait for the next transfer window to be signed up.

Also, a couple more divisions below the A-League would be nice (which were playable). Especially since the teams and players are already in place!

The hit on morale when loosing should be smaller if you loose against a better team and greater if you loose against a poorer team. From 2nd division when I play a cup match against a Premiership team loosing 6-1 shouldn't be considered a bad result. Frankly on the contrary, scoring once is an achievement.

Originally posted by Grosshaus:

The hit on morale when loosing should be smaller if you loose against a better team and greater if you loose against a poorer team. From 2nd division when I play a cup match against a Premiership team loosing 6-1 shouldn't be considered a bad result. Frankly on the contrary, scoring once is an achievement.

yes a very gd point, i second this

> a manager ranking table on percentage of games won

> a nice feature in a career game would be a table of players who have scored the most goals against you as a manager, regardless of its against your current or previous team

> maybe more obscure injuries to players, eg. fight in nightclub etc

by the way what happened to the horrific injuries in previous fm's, spinal n skull etc

> a bit more of an insight into players lives, hes happy at getting married, cant play a match cause his wife is in labour kinda thing

> more pre-season friendly cups, with legitimate names instead of just friendly cup

> a chief scout, who you could appoint to oversee your scouts, make his own links with clubs, assign the specific tasks and locations and report on if your scout is up to scratch

> being able to agree to keep a transfer bid private, maybe even the fee undisclosed.

> also being able to keep your application for another job hush hush

> an allowance from the board expectation, if you are knocked out of a cup comp, before you're expected to be but by a team far better than you

I'd like my board to be less interested in the National Cup (speaking of Italy). It's sad to say, but nobody really cares about it. So, instead of "minimum expectation is..." I'd prefer "we couldn't care less about the Cup, but if you provide some good performance it will be taken into account".

And also the fixtures; in Italy they're like one match home/home away, one home/one away and so on. And the most important matches can't be put at the beginning of the season, but at least after 6/7 games.

I'd quite like there to be a function that allows you to tell your board that you plan to use the league cup/FA cup as a way to play squad players and youth players, therefore lowering the boards expectation.

I'd also like to be able to team talk subs, say for example if you're losing a game and you bring on a forward you could tell him to get you a goal or a defensive midfielder tell him to sure things up in midfield.

And i'd like to see a change in the free kicks, for example instead of having one free kick taker maybe have a rotation function or maybe nominate players to take them from specific ranges e.g. player A to take them from the edge of the area and player B to take them from 25+ yards out. And also have a specific taker for cross free kicks and shooting free kicks. Also rotation for corner takers.

I'd like to have individual player instructions instead of individual position instructions.

So not much! ;-)

Oh, another thing: bring back the old news again! They used to be a bit annoying when you were like Juventus and they told you that the Igea Virtus manager had been sacked, but right now you don't even know when a manager in your division was sacked, or if Milan did buy Ronaldinho eventually...

The ability to give a teamtalk to a sub you are about to bring on e.g.

'Change the game for me'

'here is your First Team debut.Enjoy it'

Or maybe,if you want to be totally honest,

'I'm Only bringing you on to tick down that clock.You wouldn't get on any other time...'

I would like to be able to see myself as a tiny 2D dot on the bench with my players, perhaps with my initials in instead of a player number. Then during games you can see the manager get up to do instructions, greet players when they are subbed off, celebrate with scorers etc.

Only a couple of things i could think of!:

1. compare remaining fixtures(e.g compare your fixtures with your nearest rival to see who has the harder fixtures)

2. creating own set plays(what should happen at corners, centre, free kicks, goal kicks, etc.)

3. A filter on the transfer market for minimum release fee clause

4. Change profits(it seems redicoulasly easy to make money on this game)

and i think thats about it!

i want a youth player to ask to be tutored by a particualar player and a detailed tutoring section in scout and coach reports listing his tutoring attributes,adaptability to pupil personality and influence over the pupil.

something that really annoys me is the way that i change my tactics during the game to another pre-saved formation (same formation just different instructions) and it resets the opposition instruction in the process, i would like opposition instructions to be unaffected by what tactical changes i make, with me being able to alter opposition instructions as i see fit.

I'd like the ability to see my assistant's ranking of all my players at a certain position in a list, with players shown in multiple positions if they're capable of playing them.

I get frustrated when the coach report says a guy is my fourth-best center back, for example, but I can't find who he thinks my top three are because their primary position is right back, or left back, or left midfielder. I want to know who my best players are at each position. That would also make it easier to decide where to play someone who's equally qualified at, say, left midfielder and left back.

I'd like to see better ways of telling a player you sending him on loan and not just "not part of your plans", they need to be told why you want to send them to places, Match fitness, things like that.

also better teamtalk instructions,as you can tell players you not happy, so surley you then need to say what you expect.

interviews after commenting on different parts of the game, also when you get asked about an incident during the game we should get some info as you cant tell from the replays if a player was pushed or not, i'm fedup of getting fined or banned for slamin officials so i dont say anything anymore.

some great suggestions on this site though. hope some are thought of for the new game.

oh and one more, i think a nice addition would be what I would call an Angry bar when your team players know what you think of them during the game until you can speak to them at half time,

I think this would be a real good addition to the game.

This may have be said before...

But i would love to see the media bit improved, and when your team gets to a cup final - eg - champions league - i would like there to be more hype about it.

Also i dont know if this could work, but rather than just starting as a lower league manager, i would like the chance to start out the manager of the U21s / resveres etc before i get the chance to be a full manager.

Would be cool if that could happen in future FMs, but the media bit needs improving for sure in FM 09 imo.

Originally posted by lfc25:

Also i dont know if this could work, but rather than just starting as a lower league manager, i would like the chance to start out the manager of the U21s / resveres etc before i get the chance to be a full manager.

Would be cool if that could happen in future FMs, but the media bit needs improving for sure in FM 09 imo.

Yep, I'd like that aswell. Just as an option.

Originally posted by Patje.lol:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lfc25:

Yep, I'd like that aswell. Just as an option. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes sorry, i meant to say just as an option, you can manage nations U21s etc, without managing full team, so i see no reason why it cant be put into the game for club teams. unless people dont like the idea of course.

Originally posted by LOMAS1982:

oh and one more, i think a nice addition would be what I would call an Angry bar when your team players know what you think of them during the game until you can speak to them at half time,

I think this would be a real good addition to the game.

'

Yeah like this one, the scale could be from talking normally to 'THE ALEX FERGUSON HAIRDRYER TREATMENT'.

Originally posted by lfc25:

This may have be said before...

But i would love to see the media bit improved, and when your team gets to a cup final - eg - champions league - i would like there to be more hype about it.

You can manage an U21 national side atm but tbh it's pretty pointless because your reputation etc doesn't really get noticed and the confidence meter include next to nothing.

It would need to drastically improve for it to be worth anything

I would like it if in the signings confidence section the fans would take into account (or not include them) that you had signed someone on a youngster and hot prospect contract.

I hate when i sign up a bunch of promising youngsters and they are listed in that section and then affect my overall confidence. IMO IRL the fans would be happy if their team signed any youngsters because it shows that they are looking to the future but not really expect anything of them.

I've seen a few posts about this but I think this would be great,

Stadiums

I think many people would agrre it'd be good to have more interaction when expanding and or building a new stadium,

A model i think that is good for this would be similar to those like on LMA Manager series on Playstation,

For people that don't know whats thats like I'll try and explain,

You could see a 3D image of your stadium and could then choose which stand you wanted to upgrade and then pick a new one for it, so you could actually visually see what your new stadium looked like, also I think but not sure, you could say where you got the backing for the construction from and sometimes if Company X lent you £50m for it then they'd ask for the new stand to be called something along the lines of Company X Stand.

And likewise if they provided the funding for a new stadium.

The next par will link onto my next suggestion which is sponsorship, of course it can be completely made up companies but when theyr'e sponsoring you you decide what stadium hoardings you want in your ground, and you get a set price per one from that company. e.g

SI will pay Team x £10k per hoarding in the ground,

The Sun Newspaper will pay £22k per hoarding in the ground.

as your reputation increases you get more of a choice to more lucrative ones and obviously bigger stadiums, mean more advertising space, this would mean you can pick who sponsors you and therefore get more interaction through an otherwise shallow point in the game.

Sponsorship

Most of my sponsorship ideas are above but picking your shirt sponsors would be a nice touch and to actually see them on your Shirts would be nice, again it could be linked to how your reputation grows with more money and better sponsorships for the bigger clubs.

Hope this all makes sense

What do you lot think?

just a thought here - there is a stat for penalty taking, so surely goalkeepers should get 1 for penalty saving? goalkeepers like Jens Lehmann and Manuel Almunia at Arsenal both have a fantastic reputation at saving penalties - especially Lehmann, i.e. his 2 for Germany against Argentina, his save against Riquelme in the Champions League Semi at Villarreal etc.

Penalty saving, just like taking is an art of its own

Originally posted by dexta200:

i think you should be able to put bets on the odds you are given with the money you get from your contract! make yourself a millionaire by beating United with Oxford haha icon_biggrin.gif

That would be a great idea...

Unfortunately it is one of those things that SI would never consider putting in to the game icon_frown.gif

It would be a fun way to spend your managers wages though icon_biggrin.gif

just seen this idea on another thred to do with the media on when you face former players (nice at 1st but pain season after season)

anyway the idea was....

when you the manager faces a former club. You could have options such as,

:Yes it was the right move for me and it is showing

:I am very happy at my desicion

:No I did not make the wrong choice the club is in transition

etc etc

sorry if its been posted but the idea of 'free tactics'

Instead of having the fixed positions you can place the players anywhere on the pitch. Like wingers instead of being level halfway or fully up the wing you can place them anywhere within a wingers zone and create runs. Kind of like Fifa 08 create a tactic. Also, be able to create runs in the box for corners and free kicks instead of the drop down box. Plus have a few plays set up to run at different points to confuse your opponents.

Originally posted by wazzaflow10:

sorry if its been posted but the idea of 'free tactics'

Instead of having the fixed positions you can place the players anywhere on the pitch. Like wingers instead of being level halfway or fully up the wing you can place them anywhere within a wingers zone and create runs. Kind of like Fifa 08 create a tactic. Also, be able to create runs in the box for corners and free kicks instead of the drop down box. Plus have a few plays set up to run at different points to confuse your opponents.

I think any move towards an EA game is a bad idea, firstly, by having free tactics, it makes the task of identifying a position that much harder and therefore putting players into position even harder.

On the various requests for a 3D stadium, it should never happen, its football manager and not football chairman etc... I do think you should have an input on a stadium expansion, such as size of new stadium, location, name. However, there are several issues with a 3D stadium one of these being the higher graphics card that would be needed to run an impressive version of this feature, therefore removing the majority of gamers from being able to run the game.

Variable crowd atmospheres.

Not all stadiums are the same-anfield and st. James' park, for instance, have a repustation for being harder than most. Perhaps each stadium should have an average atmosphere rated out of 10, which is multiplied by the attendance. This will alter the 'home advantage' of the home team. Possibly with decreasing average attendance over 50,000 to accomodate for the distance these new seats would be from the pitch.

Atmosphere rating should increase significantly for days the crowd recognise as being particularly important, cup ties vs. rivals, champions league, end of season where there's all to play for. Similarly, it could be the managers job to introduce 'fan days', which cost money but give a bit of an added home advantage to your team

It could be linked to liam_everton's idea of a more interactive stadium in that you have certain parts of the stadium, such as the Kop at anfield or the Stretford end at OT, where it is more difficult to play away at one end of the ground or the other. Similarly, more professional/determined teams shouldn't be as affected by home advantage as others.

All ideas that could be implemented to a greater or lesser xtent, but would add realism and interactivity to the game without being too difficult to implement(from a hardware point of view anyway).

Another idea, along te same lines, is that crowds can make chants, directed at individuals or the team, to demoralise or boost them, similarly, a higher level of professionalism would be likely to be less affected by these chants.

Also, there should be more of a link from the fans ;dissapointment' of a match to the odds and reputation of the team being faced. For example losing a league game 4-0 should be worse than losing an FA cup game 4-0 against a team 2 divisions higher. This doesn't seem to be the case at the moment

Archived