Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Hello,I hope that i am not annoying but i have new fresh ideas to make this football simulation realistic and better and first of all playable.

I would like that on that there are shown all players on player search screen like in database because although i select country and i am playing with club from it it doesnt show me all players,and it would be easier to find certain player.

When i click on continue i would like to see instead of fixtures famous managers sentences like in call of duty or training tips of famous trainers or managers in the world.

fixtures should be processed without showing on the screen if it is possible.

I would like that clubs are playing friendly matches with clubs who are on pre-season trips like them.

Scouts should seek for young players and not old

and should more find wonderkids or better players.

In every country there should be their own currency instead now where for all countries is same currency.

Players who are injured or lack of form their attributes should fall and when they get in form they should rise.

Mayor clubs of any country should have big amount of cash to buy better players and i think

big clubs shouldnt have less money than 10 million or if they do players values should be lower to regulate buying power.

I should be able to buy also trainers or national managers for my assistants,if not in first then after first season.

In beginning we should be able to choose our assistants,coach,physio,goalkeeper coach...

Match should be won by team who has better attackers in most cases,and attackers should score only if you have good midfielders who should be able to pass the ball.

I would like that players in selection screen are divided by lines like sections.

GK

-----------------

defenders

-----------------

midfielders

-----------------

attackers

transfers screen should be like in transfermarkt where you can choose country division and there are all clubs and their transfers.

There should be and list of biggest transfers.

Bigger clubs from any country should have bigger knowledge than smaller clubs and should be able to send scouts to any country.

clubs should invite less known players on trials before they buy them.

In match there should be important who plays and not how high club reputation is because it doesnt matter if it is real madrid,barcelona or arsenal if they dont play in their strongest setup and if they miss key players.

Thank you if you read this,and i hope that all from this and my past posts will be in game and of course i have read many excellent post here and i hope that they are going too be in game because they may have that i havent mentioned and please read all pages.Thank you.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is just a small idea, which would not add much to the game overall but would be a nice touch I think:

Testimonials

I'm currently playing a game with Blackburn and I'm into the 2016/17 season. Some of the star players from the start of the game such as Gamst Pedersen and Christopher Samba are now well into the 30s and approaching retirement. It would be a nice touch if a testimonail game could be organised for such players, as happens in the real world. Old stars could return/ come out of retirement for a one-off game as recognition of the player's long service to the club. Currently, it just seems that most of the star players from the start of the game get unhappy and want to leave as they lose ability and end up in the reserves. A testimonial could be a better way to round of their career before retiring/ dropping down to a lower level team.

testemonials would be a good feature maybe not actually show the match or have details, preobaly wouldnt have the stats on reitred players or be able to put them back in but if we just got a message saying thetestemonial game was played against like either another one of the player in questions faoured clubs or his nations classic XI im pretty sure it wouldnt take much doing as no actualyt players details would have to be givn

I would like this in new football manager 2008/2009:-That attributes on players mean something because when i sen my scouts on some player he reports to me that some players whose attributes are 18-20 isnt good for me,if he isnt that good why he has so good attributes,and players with excellent attributes should play superb only if they are being injured or have low morale they should play bad.Then i would like that you put in real condition of a player which he has in real world(for example ronaldinho isnt in good form and he shouldnt be in manager and then we must make that he go back onto his real form)

-every season there should be that players who are randomly selected become new wonderkids or become top-class players because in that way we could buy new wondrkids every new season and it would be like in real world.

-Regens should come from affiliated clubs or form from that country.

-I would like that in editor i could make my own

prices of players in that way i could update prices from transfer market.

-I would like that you make smart AI which would make harder opponent and make game more interesting that he knows through which side he should attack and he should know which is my weakest link and it should depend on ability of a trainer.

-And last thing i would like that on load all players from i could load players from leagues(divisions) i want,and most important thing is that you make realistic transfer system.Thank you!!

2 more small things. a player can dislike a club but i think it would be realistic if they also disliked certain countries. the reason being that on FM i saw Jose Antonio Reyes sign for liverpool, he hated the english lifestyle and climate, thats why he left. why on earth would he return 1 year later?

also some managers do not want to control a national side so a rating should be added as to their international ambitions. 20 for wants to manage a nation so much he would kill for it, 1 being would do it even if they paid him as much as capello.

FM 08 is class btw, just a few improvements

1. On previous page being able to select type of feeder clubs you want.. also to have more say in which feeder club you ould like rather than being given 4 rubbish ones to choose from

2. Ultimate soccer manager 96 style tactics screen where you get to design your own set pieces to be implemented in a match situation... this could also be backed up by scouts scouting opposition teams and giving feed back on set pieces and an option on the tactics screen to be able to defend opposition set pieces.

i dont know about any1 else but i think its a good idea

yes i like the idea of designing own set pieces, also getting the players to use specific moves during a game would be good too, asking them to look for a pass rather than shooting, playing 1-2's, overlapping fullbacks etc etc

Hello i was going to update my "fm 09 ideas" thread but it got close and i guessed its because everyone starts one of those threads once a day :p....so i searched and found this thread.

Here is my last thread:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5211026...172092563#4172092563

Here is my latest ideas :p:

Small clubs that manages to get to uefa cup should be able to move their matches to a nearby bigger stadium which happens in real life.

I also believe there is some requirement from UEFA to the clubs about the stadiums.Im guessing now but i think some stadiums need to be in "good shape" and have for example 5000 seats at minimum, im guessin but its worth looking it up.

Im playing with Falkenberg(Division1 sweden) and they have a 2000(1300seats) "Stadium" and i guess that irl both uefa and Falkenberg would want to play the game in a nearby Stadium that meets the requirements.

And heres one thought i had about Feeder clubs:

Im currently playing online with 2 other friends and when i was in the lower divisions i wanted to become

a feeder club for one of my friends, that meant also that i could loan some players from him.

So my idea is that you could request the board to consider you becoming a feeder club with another team because of the good relationship with the other teams manager.

I also believe that feederclubs should be the Managers job, but the board should consider it.(Or it could depend on how much "intefering" stat the president of the club has)

I had this idea that you should be able to do "contracts" with the clubs you want to co-operate with and that the money should be taken from the transferbudget. In this way the smaller clubs would get an extra amount of money beside the crappy sponsor money icon_smile.gif

I kinda wrote those in a hurry so forgive me if you dont understand all and im sorry if this have been brought up before in this thread...havent got the time yet to read throught(but will do!).

Thanks

I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone before, but I think you should be able to give a brief teamtalk to each subsitute when they're due to join the game, specific to the current situation, and with an opposition instruction as well. Such as "go on and push forward to get a goal, keep it tight and don't take any chances, try and get amongst it - improve your match fitness". Oppostition instructions could involve sticking to their key matchwinner towards the dying minutes of a game.

Just a thought!

Cheers

Originally posted by philliptasker:

I don't know if this has been mentioned by anyone before, but I think you should be able to give a brief teamtalk to each subsitute when they're due to join the game, specific to the current situation, and with an opposition instruction as well. Such as "go on and push forward to get a goal, keep it tight and don't take any chances, try and get amongst it - improve your match fitness". Oppostition instructions could involve sticking to their key matchwinner towards the dying minutes of a game.

Just a thought!

Cheers

great idea had same thoughts sometimes during a match icon_biggrin.gif

A few ideas i would like to see implemeted.

Target Men

Rather than choosing how to focus passing to the target man on team instructions, I think a better idea would be to have drop down boxes at the side of the player once you have dragged them in to the target men field. This way I would not have to keep changing the team instructions to accommodate which target man is playing (basically I forget to change it sometimes, resulting in me aiming passes to Tevez as if he is a tall striker with good heading ability)

Partnerships

I would like to see a partnership comparison screen added to help determine which players are better suited together. The screen could show win/draw/loss ratio, goals, clean sheets, assists, average rating, etc.

Media Interaction

I think the media side should have better AI involved. It’s very rare that I answer any of the media queries, this should result in them not asking my opinion on things as they realise the answer is going to be “no commentâ€. An alternative is to assign it to the Ass Man (like Redknapp, Allerdyce and Ferguson do for the BBC).

Processing Screen

Rather than just showing team stats whilst results are being processed, player stats should be displayed or if possible team stats from other countries you have running.

Set Pieces

Set pieces are really important to most teams yet it is not possible to actively create good set piece routines. A set piece editor is required to assign starting positions and where to attack the ball. For example, a lot of teams have all their players stand near the penalty spot and as the corner is being taken they run to their specified zone. This creates confusion with defenders and can result in players getting away from their marker for a free header.

Bench Comments

During the game it can be very easy to miss things, especially if you play it at high speed. Bench comments would be useful to point out things you may have missed such as formation changes by the opposition, knocks to players, pitch/weather conditions. All things that are displayed but may have been missed could be added. In the case of injuries and knocks it could display what the injury is so we can determine if they can continue the game. I do not want the bench giving me hints to what I am doing wrong or how to beat the opposition only items that are available to me.

Inbox

The inbox is a good addition in my opinion. It saves me having to wade through news items I have no interest in but it can be improved. I should be able to select which items I want to read about. At the moment I am only made aware of things like job vacancies and player awards if my name or the club is involved. I would like to choose to receive these news items.

A TABLE "CONSTANTLY" SHOWING WHO AT YOUR CLUB IS HOME GROWN AND/OR TRAINED BY YOUR TEAM FOR ENOUGH TIME, TO THEREFORE ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN EUROPEAN CLUB COMPETITIONS.

Please. For obvious reasons - you don't want to be selling one player too many, that you end up learning you needed to complete the European squad, later on when it's too late.

It's not good enough to just show you who fulfills the requirements whenever you actually need to submit the squad. And it's waaay too much work to manually find this out. With a section showing this, that you could refer to whenever you plan on selling or buying, it would make FM life a whole lot more fun.

i think it would be a good idea for reserves to play more games like up north the likes of man utd reserves and bolton reserevs play in the manchester senior cup so why dont we have them in fm09 and hampshire senior cup for team like pompey reserves it would be good for fringe players to get more games under there belt

bvery simple - nore space between player position - status- and name.

With status I mean - light injury/yellow card/red card.

For simple reason - if one (or more) of my players get yellow card and then pick up light (green) injury (or vice versa) - is displayed only one status (card). This is not ideal and sometimes lead to wrong decisions. :-(((((.

This is what i would like to see in new game:1)I would like that when you win some competition like (national league,world-cup,champions league,UEFA cup or any)that you get trophy for that i mean that you make trophy room where are shown all trophys that you won.)I mean graphical shown not only listed.please!!

Then team that won some championship should be saved to best XI.

2)I would like that when i win championship that it gets saved and that when you start new game with the same profile that all wined championships and trophys from previously saved profile stay like you continued game.

That my attributes and reputation rise when i win some championship or league,and other clubs should be interested in me.

3)I would like that if club doesnt make good results manager gets kicked out in first half of season or in the end.

4)On editor I would like that there is some tool that allows to me to select the players that should play in some club i mean from which country should they buy most players.

-And that in editor i can select players who should play for the nation if you dont fix that before me.

5)I would love that you make that when players shoots ball towards keeper that it looks like he caught ball but ball slips trough into goal or through legs.

6)You should remove tactical attributes because i have felling that even if i buy best players in some team that used to be weak they still dont win.Club strength should depend on players ability and attributes and of course form and morale.It doesnt mean if i play against barcelona if they are plaing with reserve team i could win with greater goal difference.

7)I would like that you fix that first division clubs buy players from foreign countries and they are 29-or more years old and close to retirement and they have no ability to play in that club.

8)Fix that players like naldo(werder bremen)who play for national team are being transfered in lower side leagues they should go in better leagues if they are in form.

9)Its stupid that if i play with dinamo zagreb and i get an offer for Luka Modrić who is amongst best players on the world of hannover who are not even in first 5 in german league i should get an offer from chelsea,barcelona,real madrid etc.

10)And last and not less important that players status change as they play different role in team if player is in first 11 he should get status of Key player,first team or squad rotation or if he doesnt play constantly backup or not needed.Something else how can i lose with dinamo zagreb from teplice 3-1 because dinamo has beaten ajax and played good against werder,teplice sold their best player martin fenin and they arent so strong.

Thanks i hope that you will make excellent game worth of playing with no patches to fix many bugs,and if you make it i cant wait to play it!!!

The removal from the commentary of,

"thats his first ever goal for the club" icon_mad.gif

I swear if I see it one more time I'm gonna have some sort of FM related breakdown, with nightmares of being chased by "it's his first goal for club" slogans. lol.

Recently I have noticed that it's said that European coaches prepare for the weekend game all week while British coaches leave it to the Thursday/Friday.

This got me thinking that perhaps at the start of an fm week you could have the option of telling your players to take training really serious this week etc.

I would also love to see the youth development side of the game updated as I love buying youngsters but they NEVER turn into first team players.

In the training side of it you should be able to allow your team practice penalties.

1) Transfer fees are completely out of proportion. Xabi alonso is not worth £41m, however good he is (i'm a liverpool fan btw)

Teams spend £7m+ on average players. THis is probably because the AI managers can't be bothered to negotiate but i still think it's a bit ridiculous. This also means that real life no-hopers like Derby stay up for at least a season.

2) IRL once someone reaches 33 they are usually near retiring (except keepers), in FM, world class players stats never get worse, meaning players like Lampard, Terry, Gerrard, Carragher etc. don't retire until they are 38 or 39. This is because their stats are ridiculously high so they stay with the top teams till they retire instead of dropping down a division.

3) Not enough board takeovers to reflect how much football is now a very much comercial sport. Techinical directors should probably have profile screns as this would To make the game more real.

4) Also agents have to have a bigger role to make the finances more realistic.

5) i'm not trying to be a killjoy, but the big 4 is very easy to break into, especially liverpool and less so arsenal.

6) although managers have personalities, i think the team transfer policy and style of play should be more like real life (eg. arsenal just don't buy players like Goran Pandev, it would be better if they bought young players and developed them like they have IRL)

7)Managers are sacked after 2 months if they are not winning every game, even by real life standrads this is very quick

8) Is it just me, or is jose morinho never picked up by a single team?

i forgot 1

there are loads of 'upsets' in the Premeir LEague (eg. Derby beating arsenal) but none in the Cups. I've given up hoping a team below League 2 get to the 3rd round of the FA Cup as it only happens once every 3-4 seasons then they lose 7-0 at home to some LEague 1/2 side who got a red card in the 1st mintue. Where are Havant and Waterloovile?

I would like to see FM with a prozone feature in there (an option to buy it when you have enough money) along with access to other staff like sports nutritionists, sports psychologists etc who also get more out of players than just coaching does.

Not sure if CM have a license for prozone or something though. Definately extra staff would be a step forward, using them to get more effort or efficiency out of your players instead of just using coaches to develop them.

Also different managing styles could come forefront into the game, for example if you were a disciplinarian then your players (especially young) will look after themselves better in future, increasing stamina and attitude if you have a softly softly approach, then they may go out of shape, or become more unruly making their stamina and go the wrong way, perhaps they then have problems with a new club if they move on and the manager is a disciplinarian. At the moment the description of the manager seems to mean nothing to their players.

Oh man, and while I'm on the subject, the newspiece after matches you attend?

I'm fed up of it saying "Media sources are baffled as to why he would watch", or the like, when I'm there to watch how players of mine that are on loan are performing.

Perhaps add a "Sources in the media suggest [MANAGER NAME] was there to check on the progress of loan players that played in the match", or something.

I added this as a thread somewhere else but it was suggested that I add it here.

Not sure if this has been asked/suggested before and I really dont have the time to read this whole thread but here goes.

There is a need for SI to develope a way to make up your own leagues in the editor or in the game itself so that it is easier to make super leagues and what not.

Here is where I am coming from. I am from Ohio and being from the states, before I got cable, was only able to fullow footy online and or some ESPN shows. I was, therefore a serious baseball fan and at one time, I owed the other SI game, OOTP Baseball.

Now I have read a lot of the things over te past few years about why things are done hardcoded and what not but the reason I mentioned the above is this.

The MLBPA is as strict as FIFA or any other Football governing board and with OOTP, there is a way to, within the main game, design and redo the baseball league setup so that you can alter it to whatever you want, within limits. You can run your league as is in real life or go retro and play with any number of teams you want. You can move them from one league to another and, with the Baseball Encyclopedia, downloadable from its own site, you can even import great teams from past years to make your ulitmate baseball experience.

Now, I know that SI developed this for OOTP or at least it was there back when I owned the game a few years ago and I am wondering, why has this not been added to FM.

A simple thing really, that could allow you to alter the teams in any league by simply swapping them out. League rules could even be allowed to be altered and you could set things up anyway you want.

FM would be sold like it normally is but once you own it, you could be allowed to alter things the way you want them.

I only ask this as I have not the time to go through all the detailed changes that the editor requires to make a 'super league' and although I am not really interested in a start from scratch league editor, just a way to say, using the English leagues for example, to swap out teams from nonplayable leagues and just loading the english leagues for use and then you could put teams in and let the competition go.

I do understand that it could cause problems with nonleague comps, but that might not be so hard to fix????

Just an idea I dont think has been brought up and something I would love to see added.

Also, as in the explanation, does anyone know of anything like the Baseball Encyclopedia for Soocer/Football and if there is one out there, could be be also possibly looked into making a similar interface so great teams could be imported to FM's editor to add in to leagues?

Sorry if asked before but just really curious about these things.

Peace

Originally posted by Dreaded Walrus:

Oh man, and while I'm on the subject, the newspiece after matches you attend?

I'm fed up of it saying "Media sources are baffled as to why he would watch", or the like, when I'm there to watch how players of mine that are on loan are performing.

Perhaps add a "Sources in the media suggest [MANAGER NAME] was there to check on the progress of loan players that played in the match", or something.

Ah.

I just got the kind of thing I was asking for in my second attended game. Nice one SI.

Just a couple of things from me:

Firstly there must be some girls/women who play football manager, so when you create a manager profile...you can check a male or female box so the media section of the game can tell between male and female players.

Secondly, the option of when you leave a club for a new job, you can take your assistant manager with you, or at least when you join a new club your first job is too find an assistant manager.

Firstly i would like to praise SI on releasing patch 8.0.2 because it fixed match system and players are playing much better and they score in more situations.But i would like that you make better game and that you put in all our suggestions because on this forum there are plenty of magnificent suggestions that would make game realistic

Here are my suggestions:1)I would like that game should have more interaction with media and that media should give much more attention on whole game for example when i buy new player or release star player,or when there is some important match,when you are pursuing some player and for that should be news section which should be like newspapers and where you could cycle through all todays transfers,manager interviews,games of league of champions,games of national leagues,cups,in one word it should have all what sport news have.

2)This is only because of graphical reason i would like that important games are viewed like on tv where you have list of players that are in todays team and trainers that are managing those teams,then players should stay in line like on tv and on each half of those two teams there should be their team logo like in pro evolution or in fifa.

3)When players get in 28-29 they should think of returning in their mother clubs or if this club is poor and that it cant afford that player they should go in richest club of that country which can afford that players even in half of salary price.

4)There should be shortlist when you are playing with nation because if i find player that i think is useful and i dont think to call him up for nation selection i should be able to put him on my shortlist and i know about national pool but i cant find anyone there it would be easier with shortlist.

5)I was playing with czech republic and it was written that petr chech conceded 4 goals in 6 games but i didnt play any game and i found that it was related to his club chelsea but it said that for national squad he conceded only 4 goals and i think that should be fixed.

6)And last one that when you are selecting teams for friendly matches you should be able to filter teams by leagues and not only by countries.

Thank you on your time!!!

A feature that I'd like to have in FM09 is actually quite simple. I would love to receive monthly reports from own assistant manager/scouts from my teams players that are loaned to some other team. Basically it would mean that every time you get a monthly training overview you would get a short messages about your loaned out players like:

"Arturo Lupoli, Treviso, 5 games 3 goals and 1 assist, avgrat 7.20. Arturo has been in great form during this month and is showing signs of delevopment." or...

"Alex, Santos, 0(1) games, 6.00. Alex has not been playing much during this month either. You should consider recalling him if situation does not improve during next couple of months".

This would make tracking ALL your players much easier and help you perhaps make decisions if your youngster is ready to play in your first team next season. Also this way those loanded out / 50% owned players would not suffer "out of sight, out of mind"-syndrome.

I would like to see an option when loaning out young players (Maybe those under 23) that you are doing it so that they can get 1st team experience which will aid their development to your 1st team.

Also the selling of players needs to be sorted out. I can't coment on what it's like lower down the leagues but when playing as a top premiership club it is so difficult/nearly impossible to sell your fringe players.

Something that I've really wanted to see implemented for years now is the option to change your away/third colours at the end of each year/every other year. It could be like when you're asked for your pitch size, maybe at the end of May you get a message requesting whether you wish to keep your current colours or alter them. I think this would be a nifty little way to contribute towards keep a long-term game fresh.

One obvious problem that this would bring up would be kit images, which I think could be worked around. There could be several generic templates in the game (basically what is currently used in the English Premier League), only they wouldn't be assigned to a team via the editor as images - I find it hard to explain what I mean, but they'd be part of the game, not images that are part of the game's database. Then when choosing your new colours you'd select a template and the colours of the shirt. Of course, for teams that have their actual kit in the game there would be an option to use an image put into the database, but to edit your kit colours the second year around I'd have to switch from the image of their kit to a template. Using an example, let's say I'm playing as Brighton. I play a season with their away colours being white but at the end of my first season I decide I want a change - so when given the choice, I can switch from the white and blue colours to lets say, red and black, with the little shirt being changed from the actual picture of Brighton's away kit to a generic striped red and black shirt. I think that would be how that could be worked around.

Hopefully some people got that? icon_smile.gif

i think it would be a good idea for reserves to play more games like up north the likes of man utd reserves and bolton reserevs play in the manchester senior cup so why dont we have them in fm09 and hampshire senior cup for team like pompey reserves it would be good for fringe players to get more games under there belt

I don't think reserve sides are allowed into the Senior Cups (or at least the Cheshire one) since the beginning of this season.

Players on loan should be able to return to their parent club if they get an injury.

A EPL team would have better physio facilities than a League 1 team, so my potential star youngster should return to my club to get the best treatment (decreasing recuperation time and the chance of the injury becoming reoccurring later) without cancelling the loan then trying to loan him again when he's fit.

You should be able to train tactics, players take time to learn a new tactic, but if you teach them about the tactic in training they should be able to use it in a match more effectively.

You could train them in a couple (normal, attacking, defensive) so you could switch to them in a match without the usual 'play like morons for the 1st 6 games'

Tell the assistant manager to sell a player, I'm fed up of offering a player, no takers, offering again for a bit less, no takers, offering again for a bit less...

The assistant manager should be able to do this to reduce the monotony.

Id like to see a small addition to the tactical part of the game, more specifically a "tactical fouling" slider. This would be a variation on time wasting and could be used to break up the game and frustrate the opponents, but on the other hand it could also lead to an increased risk of getting one of your players booked.

Sorry for not checking all 37 pages so a few wishes might be mentioned before.

I do have collected some ideas, suggestions and wishes from the German forum.

1) FM 09 available in Germany

2) Medical facilities. Depending on the facility’s level you will get more information about injured players. Is he doing well? Might the injury take longer or shorter? Might he need an extra surgery?

3) More different team, comments and PR interaction. Otherwise less repeated interactions. Really annoying to answer the same question again and again from. A must for a new PR interaction : Demand a place in the national team for your player in the press. Should be via player interaction.

Players should have the chance to try to get the bottom of the manager’s decision e.g. player been substituted.

Example for pre-match player interaction: “ You will be out for the next match if you do not show your best now.â€; “You will be in the team next match day if you really fight now.â€

4) No private area like at the EA manager but it would be nice to see what has been earned while being manager. A Hall of Fame for the best earning managers. If not, there is no reason for giving manager contracts.

5)Better match sounds. Hard to realise : Integrate fan songs like you find them on http://www.fangesaenge.de.

Could bring a better atmosphere into the game.

6) More variation when offering a contract.

a) for older players : you get a job at the club e.g. coach or scout after your contract as player

runs out

b) grant the player kits sell profits

c) tell player your plans. “I will build a team around you.â€;â€You will get more matches in my team.â€;

“You will become a national team player if you play for meâ€

d) 1 or 2 years contract extension for both sides (player/manager)

e) contract will be extended after “x†matches

f) contract will only be valid for “x†league(s) e.g. the contract is valid for 1 + 2 German league.

The team relegates to third division. The player can leave for free.

7) Change kit style and colour.

8) 2D stadium. Make a stadium change visible. Capacity reduced while stadium is been expanded. Bigger stadium after works finished.

9) More nations. Saudi Arabia and African nations (Tunisia, Egypt).

10) Start as player-manager

11) Sign as B team or youth manager. You don’t have the freedom as a A team manager but the chance to gain reputation or in best case to take over the A team if the manager is sacked. Happens from time to time. After been sacked it could be a good way to get back into business.

12) Better scouting e.g. in youth area and the report should include not only recommendation for the first team. Also for the reserve team. Could be useful there and has the chance to show that the scout was wrong on him. Not all attributes should be shown after the player scouted one time. There should be more differences between the scouts. A good or bad scout could make a decision for good or bad. Not so often as most of time they are right.

13) More „Preferred Moves“

14) A few powerful words for the substitute if he comes in during the match. “You make the difference.â€; “Try to hold the score.â€

15) Groups in the team e.g. Brazilian, Germans, Croatians. Trouble between players. Could be two rivals meet at a club or two players disagree about their performance in the last match. Could be with fights. Must be well dosed as it is not that common.

16) Fixed positions are good but it a flexible positioning should be possible. All around the pitch. The manager should have the chance to set the movement arrows variable. Free kicks should be more variable. The one on the top of the list does not shoot every free kick. Of course he is number one but at least the following 2-4 should shoot too. This makes it harder for the opposite team.

17) There should be more news about top player and manager transfers.

18)View more personal attributes : arrogance, greed, convenience (team), cheerful nature (do not show up in training or arrive late from holiday).

19) Better engine. Make game faster.

20) Indoor tournaments. Very common in German lower leagues. Normally third division, lower and local teams and without the top club’s A teams as higher injury rate than outside. Can be added to the fixtures screen.

It’s a chance to earn some money for smaller clubs.

21) The board changes sometimes to quick from happy to unhappy.

22) Training camps in summer and winter for those leagues it’s possible. The German teams who can effort it go abroad for training in winter as the weather and facilities are better. FC Bayern is one club who get paid for it in Dubai.

23) Editor ! It should be possible to export and import changed editor data. At the moment all personal changes must be done again if the is a new patch.

24) Editor ! It should be possible to change the price money. Will this lead to cheating?

25) Should be easier to loan or send player on loan. Especially loaning players to farm teams. Player refuse to often a loan.

26) Should be more possible for lower division club to sign average to good free transfer players or contracted players. It’s not often but sometimes those players also join teams with a lower reputation. Reason: a) good payment if the club can effort it (Copado joined Hoffenheim); b) long time un-attached, need to get back into business; c) close to his home town, favorite club (Lawaree to Düsseldorf) ; d) he is an enfant terrible and the top clubs don’t want him (Ailton, wanted to join 2nd division club)

Originally posted by Equium:

Something that I've really wanted to see implemented for years now is the option to change your away/third colours at the end of each year/every other year. It could be like when you're asked for your pitch size, maybe at the end of May you get a message requesting whether you wish to keep your current colours or alter them. I think this would be a nifty little way to contribute towards keep a long-term game fresh.

One obvious problem that this would bring up would be kit images, which I think could be worked around. There could be several generic templates in the game (basically what is currently used in the English Premier League), only they wouldn't be assigned to a team via the editor as images - I find it hard to explain what I mean, but they'd be part of the game, not images that are part of the game's database. Then when choosing your new colours you'd select a template and the colours of the shirt. Of course, for teams that have their actual kit in the game there would be an option to use an image put into the database, but to edit your kit colours the second year around I'd have to switch from the image of their kit to a template. Using an example, let's say I'm playing as Brighton. I play a season with their away colours being white but at the end of my first season I decide I want a change - so when given the choice, I can switch from the white and blue colours to lets say, red and black, with the little shirt being changed from the actual picture of Brighton's away kit to a generic striped red and black shirt. I think that would be how that could be worked around.

Hopefully some people got that? icon_smile.gif

yes yes and yes! really like this, would also be nice to alter the way the kit comes out, hard to explain. u know when u have a striped shirt and the the game picks a new colour for the numbers, it wud be nice to alter the shirt totally so the shirt number is whatever colour i want etc

also the ability to create competitions on the editor, allowing us to pick our own rules, rounds and dates (provided they fall in line with current comps) meaning i could have a pre-season tournament annually!

Sickboy1975

1. This will depend on licences

2. I think Physio's have an effect on this

3. yes

4. You can already see how much you have earned

5. Sounds are limited due to licences

6. possibly

7. Not a manager's job

8. doesnt appeal to me

9. Depends on research

10. Nah, its meant to be Football Manager not Player-Manager

11. ?

12. sounds ok

13. yes

14. yes

15. fights wont be included for legal reasons

16. dont understand

17. example?

18. This is part of the hidden attributes

19. This is worked on every year

20. suppose

21. examples

22. yeah

23. not possible

24. you can change ticket prices already in the editor

25. yes

Originally posted by arseneknows:

manager contracts;

some other incentive other than more personal money (that means nothing)

maybe the ability to spend your earnings to upgrade your profile.

this would be something to aim towards longterm other then the hall of fame

Personally spending money is something that I hope wont happen in FM, its too much like FIFA manager which is crap

Originally posted by Michael Foster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arseneknows:

manager contracts;

some other incentive other than more personal money (that means nothing)

maybe the ability to spend your earnings to upgrade your profile.

this would be something to aim towards longterm other then the hall of fame

Personally spending money is something that I hope wont happen in FM, its too much like FIFA manager which is crap </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know what your saying, dont want to go all gimmicy but, as it is now, you cant improve yourself as a manager enough

i dont see a reason to alter the manager wages thing, i see it as an indication of status, the club you are at the length of deal and how much they are prepared to pay you. i got offered £120,000 a week by arsenal on a 5-year deal - fantastic stuff!

Originally posted by Michael Foster:

Sickboy1975

18. This is part of the hidden attributes

No, the things mentioned arent.

Moreover, you are talking to the German HR like he didnt know anything about how the db works. icon_biggrin.gif

Archived