Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

@Bouwer: I'm just going to ask you two things:

1) If you were a national team manager, would you rather call up a player who plays mazing in the second league, or a player who does a modest job in the first league which is quite harder?

2) How many time IRL have you seen players from second divisions being called up instead of players from the first division?

Alright 3rd: How many times have you seen a second division player who plays extremely well, make it into the top level and maintain his performance? It is so rare mate, so rare...

As the post does indeed say, I am just the translator. But i believe the only good question you ask is the third, because the person does not say that he should be called up on the background of playing good in the second division, but he played well when they got to the top division.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is this hopeless? It is pretty much in line with real life. The Barca academy is huge IRL, it contains about 50 players in each age group, the vast, vast majority of who will never even get within sniffing distance of the first team (less than 10% for sure).

Yes indeed you do have a point, but I believe the person I translated this for means that the Barcelona academy gets very few really good players out of their academy. As you say they do have an extremely large academy in real life, but think, do they have in the game? Doesn't it seem weird to you that the Barcelona academy, the largest in the world and also the best by far, get fewer really great players than mid-table teams in the top divisions? In all my saves, Barcelona is one of the clubs that get the least good regens.

I myself believe that there should be a lot more differences in the academies of for example Liverpool and Barcelona. Some academies in Brazil should probably also be enlargened? There are a reason why Barcelona had nearly 7 or 8 of their own proprietary players in this years champions league finals!

The board in the clubs also need to get abilities of their own, because some boards really suck, especially when you get a conference team to league 1 or higher.

EDIT: By the way, why doesn't the producers introduce a testing of the game before they release it? I am tired of having to play for months on the first patch with a lot of errors before they are corrected. Its like we have to do the testing ourselves before we get to play a good game with few glitches and errors.

I found stats showing that IRL around 1.6 players per year on average from the Barca academy end up playing in one of the top divisions in Europe. If you narrow it down to the 'big three' leagues in Europe it's more like 1.3. I don't know how this compares with the game.

You also have to remember this is an average, it would be easily possible to have complete dross for 4 years and then 5 good players in a year.

Also, the game is quite heavily tested. It's just very complicated as far as games go so it's inevitable that there won't be time to fix some of the bugs.

I would like that Human manger atributes were equal to the AI managers.

the current system with the bars for "financial control", "tactical consistency", "squad discipline", etc, dont say anything to be in terms of comparison to the others managers. I would like to have atribute values for attacking, fitness, tactical, etc etc. That way i could compare myself to the others managers.

I have a problem (a minor one now) with the recent games and sendings off. It's the fact that despite being sent off players ratings never change because of it. Just now I had a left back sent of with a straight red after 43" on grounds of professional foul (last man tackle from behind almost DOGSO), and he was rated as a 6.9 (performance to then was decent). Now after the game I gave him a bollocking, by way of his sending off, on his performance (I also gave him one on training, he was fine with that), and because the game still scored him 6.9 he was unhappy (despite in reality costing me a win away to Lazio with Fiorentina).

Now granted there are some cases where a red or two yellows are not deserved (IRL almost never, but that's another story SI can't act on), but with a case like this where it were obvious, there should be a severe dip in the match rating for the player, personally I'd have automatically docked 2 points of the rating to 4.9 (dock 1 for 2nd yellow). It would more accurately show his performance (red card is a big negative in my book) in game and give the manager an avenue to reinforce warnings or fines.

Now after the game I gave him a bollocking, by way of his sending off, on his performance (I also gave him one on training, he was fine with that), and because the game still scored him 6.9 he was unhappy (despite in reality costing me a win away to Lazio with Fiorentina).

You fined/warned him for the red card, which was the whole problem in the first place in your opinion, right?

Otherwise the guy played a decent game, right?

So you have disciplined him for the part of his game that was unacceptable to you.

Why on earth would you want to undermine him for his overall performance at this point?

Instead of you saying 'your performance was ok except for the red card which I cannot accept' you said 'your performance was unacceptable and furthermore you earned a red card which I also cannot accept.'

Seems a tad harsh.

Indepth Feeder and Parent clubs

When forming a link with another club Feeder or Parent you negotiate terms just as you would with a player's contract, length of the link and whether it's renewable. Yearly fee, loaning, advertising, exposure for the smaller of the two clubs, basically being able to hash out in detail the terms of linking to another club, including the current options and possible additional options.

Additional methods of gaining Feeder and Parent clubs

For instance buying a young talent from a foreign company, part of the deal could be the club you are buying from become a Feeder club for a set period of time where they get an increase of income, loaned players, more exposure by being linked with a bigger club, etc.

Easier Friendly Arrangements (especially useful for those with long Winter Breaks)

In simple terms, you being able to set up which dates you want to play friendlies on (without having to switch screens), maybe set a filter on whether the teams chosen should be difficult teams, high revenue games, easy teams, tours, include affilates and click done, so that your Assistant Manager will go off and pick all the teams you will play for you. This makes it easier for long winter breaks in leagues like Denmark where we have 3+ months of no games and have to spend 30 minutes each season setting up Senior, U19s and Youth friendlies every winter so your player's don't get lacking match fitness and degrade in stats.

Love the feeder parent club idea.......hopes SI see and consider this

I'm pretty sure that they see pretty much everything in this thread. I bet that someone monitors the thread, skims through all the ideas and takes the one's with most potential and viability to a "future direction of FM" -meeting or some such. It's hard to imagine otherwise, so keep the ideas coming! :)

Speaking of parent/feeder clubs negotiations and job interviews and such, I think that they are a fantastic idea and I'm sure that they have great appeal to the SI staff.

I believe we'll get them in the next 2 or 3 years. Possibly even this year, but there are features that are new and need to be improved (such as match prep, transfers and training module) before it makes sense to add a whole bunch of new stuff. Otherwise there will be 10 slightly messy features. I'd rather have 5 polished and perfected features. :)

On a whole other note (which is why I'm posting separately):

Right now there's a fantastic Tactics Creator system in place. There's the 'automated' part which is easy to use. You can tweak by changing the roles of the players. You can tweak further by changing the team instructions.

Then again there's the old tactics system in the background. You can use this old system in conjunction with the new TC way. But they don't go that well together. Once you apply a rule from the old way to the TC way, you lose the TC (including shouts) functionality for that part.

A remedy for this problem seems simple:

- Why couldn't we make a change to a wingback/automatic that makes him run with ball less in all match strategies?

In attacking it would be often-1 = mixed, in standard it would be mixed - 1 = rarely.

- Why couldn't we make a change to a central midfielder that makes him close down less? In attacking it would be 15-3 = 12, in standard 10-3 = 3, in defending 5-3 = 2? I trust you see the pattern here. :)

So I'm suggesting that we could apply modifiers to the individual instruction. Not overrides. Modifiers. The TC logic would apply to the aspects that we tweak, shouts would still work, and so on.

This would be the final step away from the classic tactics.

(I'm aware that this is something that would cripple the AI managers at first and their code would have to be updated to be able to use this feature effectively, but think about the tactical flexibility!)

i wish if AI match don't get influenced that much by some other indirect skills

let me give you an example,

a player head the ball well, it will have skills like Heading, anticipation, decision, concentrations ..etc all effecting how good he will head it. as to head the ball well he need to have concentration to know where to directed, decision and anticipation to decide where he want the ball to go so it become out of GK reach ..etc.

now what is the problem, is that SI forget that people who are doing DB, look to overall action here of that heading and thus 90% of his heading skill in FM will already be having the effect of those skills on main skill which is heading. this apply to other main skills such as finishing, tackling, passing ..etc.

but as AI re include the effect of those other indirect skills on his heading skill again, this is risking to make player react differently than what he should had, as those other indirect skills suddenly had double the effect now.

the problem is that is difficult to differentiate one skill from another mixed with other skills in one action, it is hard to determine correctly one skill by itself let alone when it is mixed with many

example,

player IRL have good header ability but is poor in mental skills,

so IRL

heading is 20/20 .. other mental skills 5/20 ----> FM DB people will never know that he had good header of 20/20, as they will look and remember his overall actions, and thus put in may be 15 or even 10

so players info translated from IRL into FM

from 20/20 IRL into 15 or 10 in FM

then if we apply the same effect of other mental skills, that will result that in match AI, the player heading skill will fall from 20/20 IRL into 10/20-7/20 in FM match.

I think as much as people working on AI are doing the best they think is right, but doubt they are taking in consideration that no one can take a skill without mixing it with other skills when editing the DB. this results more inaccurate outcome and players behaving unrealisticly compared to IRL

this is why i think the effect of those other indirect skills should be reduced by 50% during a game as they already taking part of main skills when edited in DB, doing that will certainly reduce mistake Margins

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

my first post to the Forums, I have been a silent reader for a while.

Not sure if its mentioned already in this thread, but when I play FM and start being fairly successful and wealthy, it strikes me how easy it is to transfer players. A lot of aspects of real-life transfers could be added to the game to make the transfer system more challenging.

I'm thinking particularly of Third Party ownership (TPO).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football

My feeling is that TPO becomes more and more common for South American players and, thinking of the club I support (Werder Bremen), makes transfers for receiving clubs more and more difficult. This would mean that even if you have won 5 Champions League titles in 2025, signing that super-talent from Argentina would mean a lot of work and negotiation, dealing with shady and sleazy businessmen who hold third party rights rather than just dumping loads of cash on one club and a player agent.

I'm one of those who, every now and then, likes to take part in one of the lower league "holiday" challenges, which means holidaying for a season or two and then taking over a team that has been promoted to the lowest playable division. It seems that the promotion of clubs is heavily based on team reputation. Clubs with low reputation have less of a chance being promoted than those with higher reputation. But if we take a look at, for example, which teams were IRL promoted from the Italian Serie D at the end of 2010/11 season (for their sporting achievement - who knows what will eventually be decided in cabinets), it can be observed that 5 out of the 9 promoted clubs have so low reputation on FM that they would never have been promoted within the game.

Perhaps selection of teams for promotion from non-playable divisions should be somewhat more random and not so much based on reputation.

For me, I would like to see the below on the managerial side of things -

1. To be able to include more data when creating your manager / character. Choosing multiple favourite/disliked people/teams, creating a bit of a history for yourself, additional languages etc.

2. The thing I would really like to do is become a real life manager. Rather than constantly booting people from their jobs when we start a new game, I would like to actually be Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho, Roy Hodgson, Louis Van Gaal etc. and take their career in a new direction. Maybe it's just me, but I have always had an issue starting new games at certain clubs as I don't want to move the incumbent manager.

3. I think the liked/favoured relationship with your backroom staff should be stronger/build quicker (you appear in their favourites quicker) and them be more likely to follow you to a new club.

Hi all I would love to see the transfer system revampted in a few ways would love to see the option where you could offer a club a selection of your players to LOAN to the club in order to get the player you want

eg say I am Utd and want neymar santos might be more tempted to sell if say anderson went on loan for a season plus cash.

Better interaction with players something along the lines I want to say ''look I am resting you for a couple of games as these are not the priority I dont wont to risk you getting injured for the big games ahead''

If you rest someone now they throw a wobbly!!

Be able to lay into the team if they have been crap....extra training after poor game etc

option to fine players who use media to voice concerns etc(this option was in previous versions)eg Fltcher requested a new contract ..I said prove on pitch you deserve it 2 games later he uses press to say he wants a transfer cause I havent kept my word...2 games!!!!!

:applause:

A big one for me would be the facility to add an edited db to a current save through the preference screen, the option is there to change various things now,,,,,,,this would give us REAL TIME updates to transfers sacking injuries etc etc if you wish to do so.......I know you can use FMRTE which is a great tool, but it can be unstable and cause crashes if you edit too much.....I am not talking cheating but making a REAL TIME add on/update you can do yourself so no waiting for lenghty updates you can do as and when you want to.....infact an in game Real time editor would be a better option you can make as many changes to your game as you want to...(I am using FMRTE to keep up with the current window de gea to Utd adam to Liverpool etc etc.......but its not ideal as the generated game transfers have to be changed to accomodate the ''real'' transfer... a proper FM12 OPTION WOULD BE SUPERB)

;)

CHEERS GUYS AND HAPPY PLAYING

I haven't played FM2011 (I only get every other version), so apologies if this in there but I'm pretty sure that a lot of managers of European clubs are more like coaches and instead of performing transfer deals themselves submit a list of preferred players to the club boards.

This would be a great challenge I think as you would have to work around the whims of your board (who, I daresay have their own ideas about which players should be bought - hello Mr Abramovich).

I can see it causing frustration for some though, so maybe if the option was implemented as a tickbox in the preferences.

I don't know if it's been suggested before as there are a lot of posts within this thread. But i would like to see the option of offering a player a pay as play deal, i would also like to see you get offered the managers job on a interim deal, How about signing for a club on a non contract bases that could also be the same for players.

I would also like to see the option to cancel a sub in a match after you have confirmed it eg the player you were going top change just scores the goal that you needed.

I would also like to the option during a transfer deal where you can loan the player back to the club for the rest of the season.

Pay as you Play contract:-

Like it says on the box. The current contract system gives you heavy penalties if you try to replace (greatly reduce) wages for appearance fees (as well as cause frequent requests for new improved contract cause of low wage), so where you select Full Time, Part Time, Youth contracts should also list Pay as you Play.

Improved Match Day Facts and Information:-

So the big match comes around, you are to play against last years champions. You get news from the media about the game's potential danger-men, you do you pre-match conference and you're ready to go after selecting you 18 man squad.

At the moment the first page you see is the formations and the squad numbers, for started we don't need to see our formation, so instead of taking up half of the screen it should be reduced or removed. Secondly their squad numbers are meaningless, we want to see as much information about them without having to do much click as possible, all the information should be there for us to see. So with the space we saved removing/reducing our formation it should list the players name under their shirt, along with the list of their subs down the side (like you see on TV watching CL games). The shirts should be interactive by letting me click the shirt and a frame on the side updates listing the player's (I clicked on) details just as if I clicked his name yet it's all displayed on the same page with being able to see their formation at the same time. And if possible along the bottom in bulletin format should be my scout's report about the team so I don't have to go back through my news looking to find what shouts I should use.

Match Analysis also needs a good update with all the facts you would normally hear about a game on TV, like when the commentator talks about team facts such as the number of team changes since the last game, opinions and details on the referee, game win ratios with certain players ('team a have won 10 out of their 14 games this season when player a was in the starting 11' wins/losses, starting 11/as a sub/not selected), surprised omissions like it does with the international players. You get the idea, the page should be rich with trivia and facts, possibly even news or rumors about the team.

Speaking of match day: The AI must be better at understanding how injuries and red cards affect a team. If I have four key players that are unable to play a match, the odds and pre/post-match comments should reflect this. It looks kinda silly when you get the usual "I am surprised X was able to win this", when you just lost to a team and have been without some of your best players.

News item when chairman steps in and accepts offer for a player should be highlighted in another color.

Also, other teams from the same country where you are managing should be highlighted in some way on all fixtures/results screens. One of the most interesting parts of the game for me is watching nation progress in continental competitions.

Coefficients screen - here you should add teams left in the competition column (for examle 2/6, 0/3 etc.)

Not sure if this has been touched up on, but when playing as a small non-league side (for example, i like to play with my local non-league side who are in the northern premier) money is clearly very tight; there is a small wage budget and no transfer budget, which makes signing players more difficult. So it would be good to set up a local trials day, where people from around the area can come and try to win a contract. If you didn't want any part of it you could just get reports from your scouts. It would be a good way of possibly picking up some decent players for relatively low wages

Not sure if this has been touched up on, but when playing as a small non-league side (for example, i like to play with my local non-league side who are in the northern premier) money is clearly very tight; there is a small wage budget and no transfer budget, which makes signing players more difficult. So it would be good to set up a local trials day, where people from around the area can come and try to win a contract. If you didn't want any part of it you could just get reports from your scouts. It would be a good way of possibly picking up some decent players for relatively low wages

Yeah a local trials day would be a great addition

Yeah a local trials day would be a great addition

Whilst in theory this sounds good how much would it really add to the game?

At the moment you can search for players who are unattached and don't have a contract. If trial days were introduced all that would happen would be these players would be grouped in squads and a match would be played.

Simulate the match in real time I mean 90 minutes in total. That means more incidents could happen and more real the match would be simulated and of course a more precise and stable ME needed for further realism.

1. A press conference when you resign (or get sacked), in which you can explain your reasons for leaving and express your thoughts on your reign. Now you may end a very successfull reing at a club and all that's said about it in the media is a number of possible replacements.

2. Some sort of job-interview in which you can state your plans for the club and the board can state theirs. If they match you're in, if they don't they go for another manager. Don't live up to your goals and it's the sack. Maybe a number of managers are invited, and who fits the boards wishes best gets it. The whole appointment-procedure is very black-box at the moment.

3. To be able to show interst in jobs of which the current managers contract runs out in 6 months time, not just when they're under pressure there. There's loads of messages about clubs fearing their manager will leave, or clubs contemplating wheather to offer him a new contract in summer, but as an interested manager there's nothing you can do at that point. Would be realistic if a club in doubt would be interested in a high rep manager to take over after the current managers reign ends. In that light it should also be possible to announce you probably won't extend your current contract and start applying to other jobs months before your contract runs out without it resulting in the boot for disloyalty. Happens all the time IRL. Manager X is ready for a new challence so club Y lets him finish the season and allows him to look for another job (while they search for another manager).

4. More background scenes. I'm managing the Democratic Republic of Congo at the moment, but I seem to play my home games in downtown Grimsby...

5. Editable stadiums so modders can do their thing to add realism.

6. Very important but might not be doable: The possibility to add and drop leagues in-game. I like a good journeyman career so I have lots of leagues loaded which slows my pc down to snail-speed. It would be great to ajust the leagues that are fully playable, so all leagues are somewhere in the background, only showing available jobs or under pressure managers (eating far less memory) and when you get a job in a certain league you can switch it on to fully playable, and switch the league you were in before off to background-status. This would mean only the league you're in at a certain moment is flully playable, so processing speed would be really fast.

For example:"In my journeyman career I started out at very low leagues (which is the most realistic thing to do in my opinion), but now that I'm 16 seasons onwards and in a top division I have no futher use for those lower leagues so they're only eating processing speed (just like I had no use for the top dvisions at that time). There's no option to 'switch them off' in FM11. Would be great if this could be achieved in FM12, it would lower the minimal pc-performance requirements which should increase sales aswell. A win-win situation!

Improve National Team filter, in regard to second nationality. For example, if I want to filter results to only players in French national team, now I select the options Nationality-French and National Team-Main, but this will also show many more players with French as second nationality.

Private chats.

I'd like more options when transfer listing a player through the private chat function. For example, I play with wing backs and wingers, but I've got this one lad who only plays left-back or left midfield. There's no point keeping him to warm the bench so I sell him because I can't be bothered re-training him to left wing back. But I was thinking that as well as the options we already have (telling players they're transfer-listed because of attitude, performances, wages or being surplus to requirements), could we not also say "you're surplus to requirements because you don't fit my system". Giving this reason would then give the player chance to either say fine, I'm off then or if they want to stay they could say that they'd be willing to retrain and have a spell in the reserves or out on loan. I think this would be better than just asking him to retrain because he might get frustrated at the lack of opportunities during his retraining period, but if it's become an agreement between player and manager that the player spend some time in the reserves while learning his new role, then it would give you a longer grace period before the player got frustrated.

Also, I'd like to be able to tell players that they are loan listed using private chat, because then I could give them a reason so they don't come to me later with a concern about being on the loan list. Also, when I tell a player he's surplus to requirements, I'd like his squad status to change to "no longer needed by the club" it's a bit of a ball ache having to do it myself.

Another private chat feature I'd like is to make the players more active than re-active. I'd love to be able to ask a general question like "is there anything you want to talk to me about?" They could then recommend a player to you, ask to be tutored by an older player or say they feel they would benefit from making more forward runs, or they could say "thanks for asking but no there's nothing", or they could say something like, "no. And stop badgering me, I just want to concentrate on my football". Or to make them even more active they could come to you about things, even when it's not a concern. You'd just get a little message saying "[Player X] would like to talk to you about his development. He feels he would like to tutor a younger player. He feels that players such as [Youth Player N] could benefit from his experience."

It'd be nice to see older players asking to be tutored in the ways of coaching by an experienced coach or something like that. For example, you'd be having a wee chat and the player would say something like "I would like to talk to you about my future off the pitch. I've given it a lot of thought and I'd like to move into coaching at some point in the near future. With this in mind I was wondering if you would consider giving me some coaching duties alongside my current playing role. there is a fantastic backroom team at this club and I feel there is much I can learn from the likes of [First Team Coach A]".

Loan listing.

It'd be nice to set certain conditions for loans, such as the loan can be cancelled if the player doesn't play in a certain percentage of first team league games or the player is to be played in a certain position to aid his development in that area.

Transfers.

there were some good clauses and bonuses added this year, but I'd still like to see more. There should be the option to offer players on loan as part of a swap for a player. so if a big team sign an important player from a lower league team, it would be beneficial to everyone if a player went on loan in the opposite direction.

Squad management.

I'd like to have the option to mark first and reserve team players as available for the youth team and available for the youth team until match-fit, dependent on their age, of course.

I'm gonna drop my three biggest concerns about FM right now so bear with me.

• Stadiums! They need to give us, the players and modders, the ability to play at stadiums and if they cant buy the rights to them they should just include a bunch of generic ones so that we can mod them like club badges, player pictures etc.
  • The board or manager should have fixed or changeable transfer policies so that top clubs don't buy average players that play a 10 odd games for a season and that clubs buy players that truly fit into the way the club or manager plays, lets say Barcelona buys players with only 16 passing and 16 creativity, Arsenal aims for rather young formable players (albeit this specific one is already in game afaik) and Manchester United prefers anglophone players wheras Real Madrid or Manchester City likes to make big money signings to please the fans or to prove strength. Transfer policies should form sort of a guideline rather than a set rule and could be changed or altered in some way after a span of lets say 5 years if you don't like them or if they prove unsuccesful.
  • Teams should be more interested and more prone to buy players with good average rating and how well they would fit into their squad instead of now when the CPU rather just buy players based on reputation and CA/PA. I know this is already in game to some extent but it proves an unfair advantage (not that the game is that hard but still) to the CPU when they have access to hidden stats.

Sorry for bad lingo as english is my second language.

Youth/ Reserve Player Recommendations/Feedback

I think that this would be a good addition for the backroom advice screen. If a youth player is playing well for the youth team you might receive a message from the coach you have in charge of the youth team saying.

'(player) is looking great for the youth team, maybe we should put him in the reserves for a month to see if he can perform well at that level?'

Then you would have a number of options.

1) "Keep him in the youth team for a while longer, if he continues to perform well come back to me and notify me."

2) "I want to keep him in the youth team, I don't feel he's strong enough to break into the reserve team squad"

3) "Move him to the reserve team for one month, then report back to me and tell me how he gets on. If he does well, keep him in the reserve squad, if not, send him back to the Youth team".

This could also happen with young players in the reserves. If they impress in the reserves a number of times you might get a message from the reserve team manager,

'(player) looks like he could make the step up from reserves to first team football.'

Then like the previous example you would have a number of options.

1) "I'll give him a run out in the Carling cup, its not considered important to the board and so we can use him then"

2) "He can join up with the first team squad, and if he impresses in training with the first team I might use him as a sub in one of our upcoming matches"

3) "The first team squad has enough depth as it is and so won't get playing, I'll send him out on loan"

4) "I don't feel he's ready, keep him in the reserves for 1 more month, report back to me and tell me if he continues to play well"

Those are some of the responses I came up with very quickly so they're probably not the best but you can see there's a number of options you could have as a response and I feel that this addition would work well in new Football Manager games.

Ability to withdraw players from U19/U20/U20 Intl squads.

Am sick of getting my team of young guns to a Europa League Final and having it decimated by pointless youth international call ups.

Unrealistic and a game ruiner for me. I've had mods on here trying to defend it, but they can't. It has never happened irl, never would happen, never will happen, but SI need to get a grip on the whole U19/U20/U21 call up thing. Ask Wenger if Willshire could have gone to the pointless U21 Euro's in the OFF SEASON...then ask Ferguson if the FA can have some of his U19 players he wants, or would need to play in European final for United on the same night.

SI have never gripped this.

Give us as managers training stats. Change the press conferences to make them more interesting and also do something with the clubs buying newgens that just were generated and not even played a single game!

Loan Chat Option

Sometimes you have fringe players who you don't have room for during the season but don't want to loose them or have them decline through lack of games. So you want to send them on loan to keep them fit, but a lot of the time unless they are young and improving they won't go cause they think they are too good to be loaned out. The game could do with a new chat option when you talk to you player, just like when you tell them they are transfer listed you should be able to tell them they are loan listed and the reason why, to increase their chance of accept a loan move with another club.

I like to suggest some things (sorry for the poor english, guys).

Stadium Editor

I think this will be a fantastic add to FM 12, modders doing a bunch of staduins around the world, like the faces and logos. Please, consider this SI.

Improve the in-game sound

The actual FM Sounds are boring... it's time to revamped this area, or making more easy to us add sounds to a game.

Add a Pasword in League Editor

For prevent alterations in a league we create.

More options to training

See training sessions, select all week duties, physical, tatics, skill training and see or recieve the results after the day...

See player's interviews

Or see press Conferences for the players and know what they think about us, our tatic, the team...

More 3d animations

Dribbles, flags in the stands, banners, fireworks, fans jumping in the stands in some moments for push our team to a win...

Can't wait to FM 2012...

They must create tactic screen with ball and without ball, because example i want when i attack to play 4-3-3 but when opponent have the ball i want that all my players are behind the ball and play tactic 4-5-1...like in real world!!!

These are the things people has written in our forums. Some of them may be irrational, i am just writing what they want.

• Match atmosphere should be improved. Especially pre, in and post-match atmosphere for European cups should be different then league matches.
  • Board reactions especially after winning a cup should be improved.
  • 3D must be improved.
  • AI must be improved.
  • We can start game as other staff positions (assistant, president, coach etc.)
  • When we start the game an assistant manager should be assigned to us even starting unemployed (it could be a regen)
  • The money we earn should be spendable for off-football things (home, car etc.)
  • Ball collector boys should be added to match engine.
  • We should be able to choose favorite personel.
  • Match engine should be improved a lot.
  • Tactic screen should be more flexible. We should be able to put players in any point on the pitch.
  • Options in press conference and other conversations should be increased.
  • Training should be improved.
  • Finance should be improved.
  • In contract screen we could offer more than money to a player (such as home, car)
  • We should gain more from sponsorships, such as a sponsor should help us for transfers.
  • We should train the squad for special set pieces. Set pieces should be totally seperated from tactics.
  • We could watch the training.
  • Fixed transfers should be revised. For example in every game Man City buy Jefferson Farfan.
  • Fans should be more effective.
  • Visual newspapers should be added.
  • Celebration on the pitch after winning a cup.
  • Chants should be added.
  • Media items should be increased.
  • Match conversations should be more effective.
  • Press conference and media should be either improved or totally removed.
  • Contracts should be more realistic.
  • Training system should be improved. Especially pre-season, we could watch and take reports for every training.
  • Budgets should be more realistic.
  • We should still offer a contract to a player who does not want to come to club.
  • Persuation ability should be added and become effective while offering contract to a player.
  • We could offer "Clean Sheet Bonus" in the contracts of defenders.
  • Tactics should be more detailed (there are people against it saying it should be less-detailed, players should be free most of the situations)
  • Reactions of the fans in 3D View should be improved.
  • Player values should be realistic (clubs should not want 3 or 4 times of the player value for transfer)
  • Instead of player roles, we should give different instructions to players in each match.
  • Something can be done to prevent cheating (one tells game should have difficulties i.e. easy, normal, hard)
  • Player coaches for individuals, massagers to improve conditions.
  • Effects of coaches droppes sharply when assigning 2 focus points. It should not have so much effect.
  • Kits should be changed randomly for each season.
  • Time wasting should be improved in late game situations. Especially keepers could easily be booked for this. (while winning by 1 goal against difficult team)
  • Merchandising, relationships between clubs etc. should be more effective.
  • More clubs should be interested in whil offering a player to them.
  • Turkish database should be much more realistic.
  • Turkish language should be added :)

I really think they need to have an overhaul of the training system. Make it like real life and also have it so instead of just easily just pressing continue for ages how about being able to visit your training ground and tell your players what to do and watch them train and stuff. and then telling a player what he should be training and working on then being able to see if hes improving it for yourself by watching these like 2-5 min simulations of training. would also like my players to stop constantly missing sitters or always taking the wrong decisions. I had a player with 20 for decisions it was a 2 on 1 situation he ran in to the box and shot over from an angle yet he had a player not being marked in the area and all he had to do was pass it and its a goal. I also constantly get players going through 1 on 1 then always shooting directly at the keeper even though he is meant to be training placing his shots.

Hey everyone,

Now I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I have an idea for a small change, that I would like very much to be added.

The possibility to put a position on every throw-in or corner kick. Fx I like my RB or LB to take the throw-in in right and left side, but some players can play both fullbacks, and sometimes the tactic gets messed up, because a player from a position far away is taking the throw-in. I know you can just keep an eye on who is playing where, but I would like to put my RB to take throw-ins in the right side regardless of who is playing. You could add it to the corners as well, and playmaker and targetman. Regardless of who is playing the position on the given day, I would like my AMC to be playmaker, my lonely striker to be targetman, my AMR to take right-side corners and my AML to take the left-side etc. etc. etc.

I hope you get the point even though my english sucks.

Regarding pre-season (perfect timing), I'd like to add a bit more realism by selecting a squad to travel on tour if I schedule one. It seems a bit unrealistic to me that I can take a player from my reserve team, who's played away to Burton the day before, and put him into my first team to play a friendly tour match against a local Japanese team.

It would be nice to select a designated squad to travel to the country of the tour, and only be able to select those players. And then have new signings travel out to meet up with the squad, or stay at home with reserves until we get back.

Regarding pre-season (perfect timing), I'd like to add a bit more realism by selecting a squad to travel on tour if I schedule one. It seems a bit unrealistic to me that I can take a player from my reserve team, who's played away to Burton the day before, and put him into my first team to play a friendly tour match against a local Japanese team.

It would be nice to select a designated squad to travel to the country of the tour, and only be able to select those players. And then have new signings travel out to meet up with the squad, or stay at home with reserves until we get back.

Good idea. Like a squad of 25 or 30 depending on the size of the plane - the bigger the squad the more expensive the cost of travel.

apologies no time to read through previous 70 pages! my wish list:

1) "fog of war" - make game more efficient by only having leagues around you visible (+/- a couple of divisions, more foreign divisions at top of tree).

2) career progression - choice to become assistant manager / youth manager of a big club instead of managing a little club.

3) kit editor enabled at end of each season

4) stadium editor, including some use of player community modding so that the content doesn't have to actually be developed by SI per se.

Archived