Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

couldnt be doing with reading through all these to see if its been mentioned before..

I play as international manager alot and if a player is available for citizenship for my country quite often it says "sees no benefit", so i would like to see a option to interact and try to persuade him otherwise.

i.e "promise him games" , "finiancial offer" , etc..

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking about this last night and how the assistant manager features have improved in each version. We have team talk feedback, squad reports, team selections, reports on indiviuals and help with OI's and team talks.

Now with this new tactics creator, I'd like to see some sort of assistant manager function to suggest things like an ideal formation and tactics (including player intructions to maximise any weakness in the opposition) for the next game, this might help me a little more in digesting the scouting reports and seeing out the assitant manager might respond to these reports and how he/she would find the best way of defeating the next opposition. I think this will help me build a set of game plans which I can use depending on the opposition.

please make each club and league noticeably different from each other,

eg if you tried to play long ball tactics at say Barcelona you would probably be sacked, quickly.

Real Madrid's business model demands big name signings,

Milan has Milanlab to help older players play longer,

Arsenal are the go to destination for young players etc etc

every club is different, but not in FM. Every league is different, some players cant cope with the change in tempo, tactics etc

Also when there are elections at big european clubs each president makes promises and delivers signings, why not in FM? Each president has different ideas for the club, big money transfers vs youth development so the personality of the club can change hugely, also the new president might want his own manager/players etc.

Please anything that can bring more in game variety

My two main wishes for 2011 or future additions:

1. More in-depth training.

2. More in-depth interaction with players.

In my opinion the three key aspects of a manager are: tactics, coaching and man management. The tactical side of the game is very good so far and quite in-depth. The others leave a fair bit to be desired.

For training, i'm thinking basically that one of the main ways a team improves out there on the pitch is through the work they put in when they're at the training ground. Think of Arsenal and the different training they will do compared to Bolton, in order to play the respective styles of football. There should be more choice and detail over what the squad does in training because at the moment there's none of that; it could really be one way of being able to customise how your team plays by the work it does off the pitch, which would give the player more options and possibilities (always a good thing). At the moment, you just have what area each individual should work on and that's it. I'm not thinking along the lines of the player overseeing training sessions and such because that would take a lot of time and could become dull, but there definitely should be better scope when setting up training regimes (i speak particularly about team training, which is non-existent).

With regards to interaction with players i'm thinking partly in the direction of the squad as a whole. Before you play games in real life you need to manage pressure, tension, complacency, confidence, motivation etc. depending on the match ahead, but there isn't much in the players power currently. There is confidence, motivation, complacency, nervousness already; but not enough that a manager can do to try and control his players' mental state. It would be good to have a more in-depth and focused man management side to the game. How you treat your players and how you prepare as a group (on an every day basis, as in a general team mentality you instill, and immediately before games to make sure players are mentally ready) is a huge part of football after all.

Both these points are in the game already, i just think that they need much more development. Achieve the level done with regards to tactics, for coaching and man management, and that will be one hell of a realistic management simulation.

As an aside, i'd also like to be able to plan set-pieces much better. It's one of my biggest frustrations. Particularly for attacking free-kicks. You have very little scope to tell players where they should be, and there's no scope for innovation like in real life. In reality, teams will work on specific set-pieces in training and try and execute them in the match situation. As it happens, this would most probably coincide with my first point about training. But also there should be a different way of setting your players up because at the moment it's quite limiting.

Once again, there's just too many posts to go through....ugh. lol Sorry - yell at me if this has already been posted.

What I'd love to see is clauses in your manager contract, relating to things like "personnel control" (particularly as it relates to the nubmer of coaches you can bring in, control of recruiting and finances) managerial win bonuses (wasn't that a part of FM 07? Or am I dreaming?), things like that. I'd also like to be able to add titles to my job - i.e. "Manager and Director of Football", but do it in such a way that only when and if your reputation gets to a certain level (national or continental), would those options be available. At some point, I'd like to be able to have a career last long enough where a board takes me on as a "General Manager", and allows me to hire my own manager (by the way - whoever posted the idea of the "job interview"...GENIUS!!!).

Even better, now that the game keeps track of career earnings - I'd love to see a message to the effect that "A consortium has invited you to be part of the group that is considering purchasing (insert bankrupt team here). It would cost you 'x dollars/pounds/euros' as part of your investment, and you would be given the title of (general manager/director/director of football). Do you accept?". And if you accept and were employed, you'd have to immediately resign your current job, and risk not having the takeover you were a part of go ahead.

Thoughts?

-Ian.

Once again, there's just too many posts to go through....ugh. lol Sorry - yell at me if this has already been posted.

What I'd love to see is clauses in your manager contract, relating to things like "personnel control" (particularly as it relates to the nubmer of coaches you can bring in, control of recruiting and finances) managerial win bonuses (wasn't that a part of FM 07? Or am I dreaming?), things like that. I'd also like to be able to add titles to my job - i.e. "Manager and Director of Football", but do it in such a way that only when and if your reputation gets to a certain level (national or continental), would those options be available. At some point, I'd like to be able to have a career last long enough where a board takes me on as a "General Manager", and allows me to hire my own manager (by the way - whoever posted the idea of the "job interview"...GENIUS!!!).

Even better, now that the game keeps track of career earnings - I'd love to see a message to the effect that "A consortium has invited you to be part of the group that is considering purchasing (insert bankrupt team here). It would cost you 'x dollars/pounds/euros' as part of your investment, and you would be given the title of (general manager/director/director of football). Do you accept?". And if you accept and were employed, you'd have to immediately resign your current job, and risk not having the takeover you were a part of go ahead.

Thoughts?

-Ian.

There's a reason the game's called Football Manager, and not Football Director/Chairman.

There's a reason the game's called Football Manager, and not Football Director/Chairman.

Someone from across the pond, fill in my knowledge... do managers ever become part owners in real life? Never heard of this. That's why I can't imagine it being a part of FM.

Someone from across the pond, fill in my knowledge... do managers ever become part owners in real life? Never heard of this. That's why I can't imagine it being a part of FM.

The name escapes me, but there was one owner who managed the club he owned for a few months. But that was merely because he couldn't find a manager.

It doesn't happen irl nearly often enough to justify it going into the game.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to play a game with their "owned" club: go play Fifa Manager.

The name escapes me, but there was one owner who managed the club he owned for a few months. But that was merely because he couldn't find a manager.

It doesn't happen irl nearly often enough to justify it going into the game.

My suggestion to anyone who wants to play a game with their "owned" club: go play Fifa Manager.

Niall Quinn took over as manager of Sunderland when he bought them simply because he couldn't find a manager. Isn't their rules about chairmen can not become managers themselves?

Obviously not, as we've both heard of it.

Niall Quinn never claimed he was going to be the long-term manager though. Its the same kind of thing as a caretaker manager can be in charge without having any of the necessary coaching badges for a short while, just until they get someone in.

Anyway, I personally would be opposed to becoming a chairman in-game.

Niall Quinn never claimed he was going to be the long-term manager though. Its the same kind of thing as a caretaker manager can be in charge without having any of the necessary coaching badges for a short while, just until they get someone in.

Anyway, I personally would be opposed to becoming a chairman in-game.

Same here.

-I would like to be able to have variation in your set-pieces. Now you can aim your corner on the far post and set your tall player there, but all corners will be the same. It would be nice if you would have, say three different corner set-ups that will be used in the match.

-Tactics should be more depended on your training methods. If I let my players train only train their technique and first touch and can't expect them to play kick and rush and throw themselve in every tackle.

-The option to be a manager in view only leagues. If you want to rush through a game and don't feel like watching matches and tweaking tactics, you should be able to do so.

edit: -players should throw the ball back if a team put's it over the sideline so that a player can receive treatment.

- referees should give more yellow cards to players who break through the defense but are not yet one on one with the keeper.

- if a centre back let's a striker escape, the other centre back should cover up and cut off the strikers way to the goal, instead of staying on "his side".

I would like to see more African leagues being added to the game: Angola, Egypt, etc. Such a pity we only have South African league. We need a boost in terms of African leagues. Also, if FM could manage to have Japanese league, would rock.

Probably mentioned before and, to be honest, I'm not sure if it's in the game because I rarely play in Spain but presidential promises would be good. Like Laporta at Barcelona saying if he gets elected he'll buy X player or Perez at Madrid doing the same.

Also, I know chairmen sell players over your head but do they ever buy players over your head? Like Parry (apparently) did with Keane at Liverpool and what clearly happened with Robinho at City?

Probably mentioned before and, to be honest, I'm not sure if it's in the game because I rarely play in Spain but presidential promises would be good. Like Laporta at Barcelona saying if he gets elected he'll buy X player or Perez at Madrid doing the same.

Also, I know chairmen sell players over your head but do they ever buy players over your head? Like Parry (apparently) did with Keane at Liverpool and what clearly happened with Robinho at City?

Hmm... kind of what happens when a takeover occurs and a manager of their choice is supposed to replace you.

But it can happen like it was rumored. Some Barcelona players didn't want Robinho to be part of their team.

For example, if the new chairman wanted to sign a player who was very ambitious and the club is very professional, this could unsettle some players.

wow where do I start?

This game has gone down hill big style. I suggest they start of with the basics and work their way up. None of the tactics in the last 2 versions worked. So what was the point in putting them in in the first place? Players taking long shots when you tell them not to, Players hoofing the ball when you've told them to do short passing.

The game has become a lauging stock now.

SORT IT OUT SI or give up

wow where do I start?

This game has gone down hill big style. I suggest they start of with the basics and work their way up. None of the tactics in the last 2 versions worked. So what was the point in putting them in in the first place? Players taking long shots when you tell them not to, Players hoofing the ball when you've told them to do short passing.

The game has become a lauging stock now.

SORT IT OUT SI or give up

You know, in real life, players don't always do what they're told?

Re: immediate replacements for sacked managers

Given recent real-life examples where managers are being sacked and replaced immediately - Hughes/Mancini at City and Ferrara/Zaccheroni at Juve spring to mind - I just thought it would be an interesting feature to add to the game.

I mean this: if another club in the game wants you to replace their current manager, it would be nice to be able to negotiate terms with their board/chairman while their manager is still in place (if you're employed even with your own board's consent after they've agreed compensation with the interested club, much like it is now but with your board actually knowing you're negotiating: Owen Coyle - Burnley/Bolton). Or even extend this to managers whose contracts are running out and which will not be renewed: rather than start looking for a replacement after the contract is expired, the club can already negotiate terms with another manager and have his contract start e.g. the day after the current manager's runs out (just like signing players on a Bosman months in advance).

Just a thought.

I think that a great addition to football manager would be so that you could be the chairman of a club and control its managers. you also have other duties such as looking for new investors and the keeping the club running smoothly. you could accept bids for players and bid for other players and try to build a relationship with the manager. you would keep the stadium and training ground running etc and i feel this would be a great thing to have in football manager 2011.

Have not read all of the posts here, so apologies if this has been said. Team talks - pre match or half time, i would just like the ambiguity taken out. Players should understand my words and instructions , there should be no confusion, they should understand my mood (even if they are from abroad , they will get the "gist", angry is angry, pleased is pleased , we all recognise body language, demeanour , tone of voice etc) Whether they carry out my instructions is neither here nor there (maybe they are not good enough against the opposition, tactics are flawed or whatever).

At the moment it seems that when you, the manager, give certain instruction the exact opposite will happen.

Press conferences, I do understand that the media are there to make a story, they will misquote where they can, they will sensationalize. They will lead you down a path to make you seem like a fool ...or a hero... However, your players will understand this too...they see you every day, you are the manager.

On a lighter note, maybe the technical area could be exploited more. "gerrard glances over and sees his manager doing big fish, little fish dance routine" or " rio looks towards the bench and sees a severley agitated Sir alex aggresively chewing gum, whilst pointing at his watch whilst going all purple faced, during a stand up row with the 4th official:D

Have not read all of the posts here, so apologies if this has been said. Team talks - pre match or half time, i would just like the ambiguity taken out. Players should understand my words and instructions , there should be no confusion, they should understand my mood (even if they are from abroad , they will get the "gist", angry is angry, pleased is pleased , we all recognise body language, demeanour , tone of voice etc) Whether they carry out my instructions is neither here nor there (maybe they are not good enough against the opposition, tactics are flawed or whatever).

At the moment it seems that when you, the manager, give certain instruction the exact opposite will happen.

Press conferences, I do understand that the media are there to make a story, they will misquote where they can, they will sensationalize. They will lead you down a path to make you seem like a fool ...or a hero... However, your players will understand this too...they see you every day, you are the manager.

On a lighter note, maybe the technical area could be exploited more. "gerrard glances over and sees his manager doing big fish, little fish dance routine" or " rio looks towards the bench and sees a severley agitated Sir alex aggresively chewing gum, whilst pointing at his watch whilst going all purple faced, during a stand up row with the 4th official:D

love the game as it is but a couple of things i would like to see added.

1. chairman profiles. a list of attributes that give you an idea of your chairmans personality eg, loyalty to managers, ambition, interference, whtaever si think makes up the personality of a chairman.

2. the ability to cancel substitutions. eg 80th minute 1-0 up you bring on an extra defender or midfielder you press confirm and then before the change is made its 1-1 and the sub still comes on. in older versions the game paused whilst the ball was out and you made your subs before the game continued.

Due to postive feedback, here is my idea. Orginal post below (as well as link to orginal thread):

One feature I have been thinking that is missing from FM is the fitness test. While it is relatively a small idea (it won't set pulses racing) it happens so often in the real football world.

At the moment we have "red" and "orange" injury indicators. Anyone with an orange indicator could play, but there is a chance of being injured further. The fitness test could perhaps be used on players who have the orange indictor, if they pass, they become fully fit and able to play, if they fail they are ruled out the game.

For example, "Wayne Rooney is currently carrying a knee injury. Would you like to perform a fitness test?" If you select no, he dosen't play. If you select YES, and he passes, the injury indicator is removed, and so does the % chance of him being injured in the match if you played him "orange injured".

My yearly thought :D

----------------------

The link for this is:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=187129

1. chairman profiles. a list of attributes that give you an idea of your chairmans personality eg, loyalty to managers, ambition, interference, whtaever si think makes up the personality of a chairman.

and defensive midfields not getting booked all the time even when told not to go hard into tackles

Id like to see some results more real, like OFC national comps and Caribbean Cup (in real life there are much goals, and American Samoa never scores or wins points, and here, they almost qualified to WC :D )... also, Id like to see African Cup dates more accurate, and matches played like in RL... also for Asia... it would be nice to be able to choose camp and base in preparing for WC or continental cups, along with playing friendlies in host country, or against minor teams from host countries... actually, big change in national management...

and in club management - more training options, better player interaction, during match and in days with no matches, taking teams to preparations for new season (like many teams are now in Spain or Turkey, on trainings)... better financial control... being able to buy your own club, with lots of money earned through career - now, earnings are not needed, and negotiating for new contract with your employee is useless)...

and I want us to be able to create continental club cups in editor, and to be able to change formats of international cups

I think this should be made, specially this national managment

and one thing... in "sea" of stupid propositions here, this would be one of better - as nation manager, you apply to be host of WC / continental cup, and if you get hosting, you have budget to change stadiums capacities, or you decide to build new ones... as now, Denmark (or some other small country) is Euro host and some matches are played in stadia with 7k capacity :rolleyes::mad::thdn:

on the opposition instruction page where u decide whom u will tight mark or close down add another option which is to try to injure the player.. the attributes that could affect how well this action is excecuted would be agresiveness and tackling.. and dont say stuff like: "whe dont want to add violence to the game" because that would be just making yourself blind because that happens on RL

* I also had another good idea but i forgot lol , when I remember Ill edit this post

* I have another idea.. I think that the attribute Technique covers too many different attributes.. for example, if u think on RL, the technique a player has is strictly how well a player can cushion the ball .. but in FM what happens is that for example a player can have very low passing or long shot.. but if he has a high rate of technique he will probably hit the ball better, thats ridiculous :S

BTW srry for my english :D

please make each club and league noticeably different from each other,

eg if you tried to play long ball tactics at say Barcelona you would probably be sacked, quickly.

Real Madrid's business model demands big name signings,

Milan has Milanlab to help older players play longer,

Arsenal are the go to destination for young players etc etc

every club is different, but not in FM. Every league is different, some players cant cope with the change in tempo, tactics etc

Also when there are elections at big european clubs each president makes promises and delivers signings, why not in FM? Each president has different ideas for the club, big money transfers vs youth development so the personality of the club can change hugely, also the new president might want his own manager/players etc.

Please anything that can bring more in game variety

part of what u say is correct but u also have to think that the different styles clubs have were once created by a manager.. probably that club played well that way and that is how playing styles are imposed.. but if u think carefully, the mayority of the examples u made r "relatively" new playing styles.. just think the barcelona of 1999, or the milan of today with Leonardo.. if Leonardo manages to direct milan for a long time, I assure u that the "old players" method will change..

A rating for every team of the league on how well they did in the transfer window.

This can be based on how much they were able to earn from selling a player higher than his estimated value (also depending from his squad status and his reputation).

When buying a player, factors that will account for determining the rating can be the player's reputation, squad status, estimated price and how many teams wanted to buy that player and you were able to make the player decide to sign for your team.

1 - Add a playing history to the user's history, we already get a small International history if we set experience to International so why not a bit of club history, pre set to the setting you put your user to. Could also involve the place of birth of the user effecting which clubs the user would have been at. Or being able to create your own history if you want to (As long as it doesn't effect any records for the clubs/leagues/nation.

2 - Add the exiled Welsh clubs youth teams to play in both the English and Welsh youth cups like they do in real life. Please no comments on just put the Welsh clubs into the Welsh league. We're in the English league and have been for a long time. Get over it.

3 - Tell scouts to go and scout certain games.

4 - Set Place of Birth to the user.

5 - Being able to add fav staff to the user at the beginning of the game.

6 - Add the semi-pro home Nations and the annual tournament they play in.

7 - When you start a new game, not to have any players listed for transfer or loan at the club you have chosen to start at.

8 - Being able to create a face for the user similar to those for the regens. This would then help to get your in game son to look a little like yourself, (same hair colour, similar facial features)

9 - Being able to request the club look at getting a smaller ground for the reserves or youth team to play at so that you don't have fixture pileups when all 3 play at the same ground.

10 - The researchers to create a list of places within the town of the club they research which could be used for the name when the club gets a new stadium. For those who play with their home town club it would give more realism.

11 - Controversial media reports regarding players sleeping with another team-mates wife/girlfriend and splits within the club from this. (Sorry, just and to say it)

12 - Add the current place a player is living in. Let's face it, IRL at non-league level you wont see a player choose to go from say Gateshead to Weymouth yet in the game players will join any club a within a nation. Perhaps transfers could be canceled due to traveling distance to the club.

Elections at clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona etc need to have much more impact on the game, promised signings arriving with the president, nothing to do with the manager, a maybe a new manager arrives too, even if you've done ok (Del Bosque at Madrid style scenario)

Also I think the amount of say in transfer dealings at a big club should vary based on your reputation and level of past success and should be negotiated before agreeing to take over. Managers often dont have much/any say in player signings on the continent.

and there needs to be more managerial sackings, big big european clubs can be ruthless in pursuit of success and seem to go through a lot of managers, in the game even if they are listed as insecure after a poor season, they seem to still be in the job come the new term.

The ability to customise the Transfer Centre page.

Or failing that, just a few more columns for loan deals. When you've got 10-15 clubs offering to take a player on loan, for instance, it'd be nice to know which division the clubs play in, and what squad status they'd be assigning the player (act as cover for the first team, member of the first team, etc).

In no particular order but here you go...........

The option to change a penalty taker real time(i.e. my centre half had scored to headers from corners in a game.............in the last minute I got a pen.........he would have been taking it if I could have been able to do it:()

The ability to change the game settings further once you have started a game i.e. you can change skins/currency /sound/etc etc now through preferences.........

Hows about adding/removing leagues as some are having major issues with memory leak if you could change the number of nations selected this might resolve this:thup:

also being able to add further edited files to a saved game(similar to above)............or a real time editor so you could keep up wth transfers/sackings/takeovers etc etc

without waiting for patches and therefore having to start a new game again:rolleyes:

In no particular order but here you go...........

The option to change a penalty taker real time(i.e. my centre half had scored to headers from corners in a game.............in the last minute I got a pen.........he would have been taking it if I could have been able to do it:()

The ability to change the game settings further once you have started a game i.e. you can change skins/currency /sound/etc etc now through preferences.........

Hows about adding/removing leagues as some are having major issues with memory leak if you could change the number of nations selected this might resolve this:thup:

also being able to add further edited files to a saved game(similar to above)............or a real time editor so you could keep up wth transfers/sackings/takeovers etc etc

without waiting for patches and therefore having to start a new game again:rolleyes:

If a player on your team has scored 2 goals already, and you get a penalty, it's already coded into the game that he'll take it.

Funding for the national team.

I'd love for the national football federation to have their own funding. It happens in real life. For example, a manager could ask the federation to offer funds to local clubs to improve training or youth facilities, stadiums or coaching quality. Richer, better developed nations could be asked by the manager to bid for the next available World Cup or to improve the local competition standard by allowing more imports, better academies or increasing a salary cap. You could also ask them to pay for off season training camps for the nation's best and most talented players.

I'd also like to see a more in-depth national management focus. Board interference with selection and hiring, "sources" going to the media, the ability to request certain things for the national team such as more coaches, scouts or physio's or even the aforementioned better facilities etc.

i think that the next FM has to address is players potential, i believe that players potential are too rigid and set in stone. they should have more to do with the way they are managed.every year FM miss out on good youngsters and either over rate some players so that they go onto to become top players however they are treated (i.e. left in the reserves).this is not realistic as for example if jimmy bullard was on the game when he was young he would have never been seen who can play in the prem or even close. this is common in real life as other examples include stuart pearce and ian wright who started were not rated as youngsters.alot more players should be able to play in top leagues if there career goes well and also players who are well rated should be able to become world class. for example players in lower leagues should be able to go to top if they are managed well and have good seasons, and good potential players like delph should be able to become world class and not just be some good english prem player. this could be done by improving the training mean and then giving specialist training to better youth players which takes time away from coaches (meaning you cant train loads at once) to train them in certain areas and getting advice from assistant manager when to send them out on loan or give them a run in team etc. obviously you are more likely to make individuals better and more of them with better coaches and assistant managers.

on old fms people like walcott and gareth bale wernt rated well when at southampton (FM06), untill they signed for arsenal and spurs and then turned from no hopers to wonderkids(fm07) and it is likely that this is going on in 2010. could be argued that gareth bale was more highly rated than walcott when at southampton, but which one fulfilled there potential quicker, the one with the nurturing manager- showing the need for it on this game. like i said some good youngsters on game become good no matter what happens and i doubt that even walcott or rooney or any1 for that matter would not be who they are if they were not treated well. this has got better on fm10 but this has also exposed that most AI managers pay no attention to grooming youngsters-not even arsenal!

Archived