Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

IRL managers have virtually no control over finances. There's not a single manager alive who sets the ticket prices for his club or decides who the sponsors are.

If anything, the game gives you too much control (if you want to compare with real life) as not many mangers are personally involved in transfer negotiations and contracts for new players. Similarly, if a real life club wanted to set up a commercial link with a club I seriously doubt the manager would get final choice of the club, I actually doubt whether he'd have any say in it whatsoever.

Agreed that not many managers have financial control and that few managers ever actually call the shots on transfers but I also don't really think clubs will spend 20 million euros on players and then keep 50 euro cent ticket prices.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a simple idea, why not have an area in your manager profile where you can select a new language to learn? So you can learn the language before you get to the country you want to manage in.

This could also have a knock on effect if you are linked to a job aboard. It could make the fans hate you and may speed up your exit out of the club or it could put you in a better posistion to by players from that nation as you can speak their language and they won't have as much difficulty adjusting to life in a new country.

Any thoughts?

This is a great idea. It would also help if you knew the language of a team member who's having a hard time settling into the area.

Here's an idea. Why not bloody stick this. Then you'd get far more ideas because people would find it and if anyone from SI needs ideas they can just look in here. Otherwise this thread is pointless because nobody will pay any real attention to this.

Scouting suggestions :

The excellent scout ( to be defined ) will give you in 2 weeks ( to be defined ) :

- the full scout report

- the real stats

A worst scout will give you in 2 weeks :

- a small report

- hidden attributes

A bad scout will give you after 2 weeks more ( 2nd trip ) :

- a full report

- hidden stats

A bad scout will give you after 2 weeks more ( 3rd trip ) :

- a full report

- real stats

A normal scout will give you after 4 weeks ( 1 trip ) :

- a full report

- real stats

So the risk exists :

-you wait and another club buy the player

- you buy the player after 1 trip and you will get or no surprises ( attributes appears )

This is my idea to make it simple and keep the attributes as it is right now !

Here's an idea. Why not bloody stick this. Then you'd get far more ideas because people would find it and if anyone from SI needs ideas they can just look in here. Otherwise this thread is pointless because nobody will pay any real attention to this.

It's right at the top of the page under the heading 'Suggestions for future versions'.

I think that the wishlist could be better organised. It should maybe be a list that only someone from SI or Sega are allowed to edit, with a basic sentence and a link to a thread that discusses the topic in more detail. For example.

* Being able to give better options in contract negotiations (buying players) ---- (Link to thread here)

* Ideas for game atmosphere/fan behaviour ---- (Link to thread here).

* Ideas for more info in manager profile ---- (Link to thread here)

When someone creates a thread with a suggestion, someone from SI adds it to the list, and posts a link to that thread so that you can discuss ideas on it.

That way we wouldn't have to weed through hundreds of pages going back to early 2008 to see if it's been mentioned/discussed before. It would also stop clutter in the thread and jumping from one idea to the next.

Any thoughts?

Wishlist - Reserves - simple one this

1. I would like ability to pick a reserve team, to ensure the players I want to develop/get match fitness get a game without having to manage the reserve team during the game.

2. On FM08 if you make first teamers "available for reserves" but then manage the reserves yourself, these players aren't available - you have to transfer them to the reserve squad which may affect morale - seems to be a mistake - hopefully fixed in 09 / 10.

One minor bug in commentary on 08 (which was also in 06) - if a player fouls an opponent it often says that the player who commited the foul was obstructed - again hopefully now fixed.

looking forward to 2010 which I have just ordered

Why are you talking about FM08?

Anyway if the Wishlist was stickied it would give it even more publicity. I completely ignore the top of the page tbh and just scroll down to the threads so I'd forgotten about that link at the top. The wishlist definitely needs to be more structured to make it far easier to navigate and draw ideas from. At the moment it's just a random jumble of ideas which I suspect SI just ignore because they can't be bothered sifting through it. This thread is just to make SI seem as though they take on board the fan's views. They might do but only when there are massive threads that are given much support and publicity.

SCOUTING IMPROVEMENT FOR MORE RELAITY AND STRESS :

I think the solution for keeping the same principe of attributes ( to keep the fun of course ) will be considering that :

- a scout ( any one ) will have the complete infos and attributes after many scouting times ( 3-5 )

- each trip for scouting should take a long period ( 2-3 weeks ) in order to increase the stress ans patience pb.

- each report will increase the report and make appear slowly some attributes ( randomly or no ? )

- the best is the scout, the more attributes will appear quickly and better will be the report.

- and to add a small summary video of few matches of the player where the camera should be on him ( to judge by yourself )

- at the end of scoutings, the attributes should appear as it is now with full report.

In this way, the scout is usefull, and you get more stress, more realism, with the same fun.

My philosophy is : if you have a good scout you will get quickly want the player is real ( than you decide to buy or not ) , a worst one will get the same infos, but it will take more time ( wait more or take the risk by seeing yourself the video and some uncomplete infos. )

Waiting for your suggestions for this please.

DIFFERENT THINKING OF TRAINING SYSTEM : DREAM OR NOT ?

See this web site : sorry it's in french but imagine this in Fm training :

- tactical exercices ( left of the site )

- technical exercices ( left of the site )

- phisical excerces ( left of the site )

http://www.entraineurdefoot.com/techniqexo.html

Almost 200 types of diffrent exercices for a real manager to create.

Imagine that you can create your own excercice among 200 of them !!!

A full data base of 200 or more different exercices to choose and plan 10 of them every week in function of what you want and the next match and your philosophy of training?

Miles, Is it a dream or can be realised in a game in the future ?

Yes, the current system is based on this, but if you want a specific train on "dribble" or on "taking space" etc.., you are blocked.

A full database of all the training in the world in FM ( maybe 500 I don't know exactly ) , and than you choose what you want "exactly" for a specific player in a very specific "micro-area".

It will be total different than other game and you do what you want ( it's SI philosophy ).

Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shottaz

Nice idea in principle but the current system (vague as it is) encompasses this anyway.

For example.

Intensive shooting training would mean 6 of the 10 sessions are shooting related. I like training the way it is.

Now, I'm not sure if anyone has already suggested these things, but here goes anyway;

The ability to talk to subs to motivate them before bringing them on (at times other than halftime) would be great, far too often you've made sure your lads are up for the game through the general team talks and you bring a sub on who doesn't quite care. If you could motivate him with a 'you can make the difference' or 'have faith' before you bring him on during the 75th minute it would be good.

On a similar note we should also be able to talk to players during breaks of the game (eg when the players come to the sidelines for a drink) to try and motivate them (relax and play your game) and/or give them specific instructions (tell MC to play through balls to AML if opposing DR is a fool). This would be useful especially in the first half because you don't necessarily want to make a change before halftime, but if you have a player who isn't performing you get stuck into a bit of a corner, maybe it would be better to try and lift the player's spirits and give them a chance.

I feel the training should make more of a difference to a player's ability and their style of play - especially in the development of young players. This would allow you to breed specific types of players (eg creative DMC who scores long shots) as well as work on players who might be brilliant at some things but severely deficient at others (eg a 16 yr old winger with 17 for technique but 8 for pace)

If the opposition instructions could be automated somehow (ie you have an opposition instructions page with your general tactics which stays constant and then you can add one or two things during each game) because add opp. instructions every game is pretty tedious.

The last thing on my mind would be some way to load a save game from fm2009 in fm2010, this would allow you to keep going with a team that you built from the ground up with all of the new features in fm2010. I can imagine that there are difficulties with the new and old databases but maybe some sort of system where you use the database in the save game while updating any major personnel changes that are present in the fm2010 database. I just finished building my team with Napoli, I'd like to enjoy it haha.

Also, big up the new tactics system, especially the way you can give players specific roles like trequartista or box to box and stuff like that. I just hope that it makes a big difference in the way that they actually play.

Just imagine that in function of your club training facilities and budget, your board asks you in the beginning of the season to choose among the database of 500 training exercices 20-30 of them to apply for the half season. It would be great to be abble to do that !

After January, the board can ask you to update your choice according to your performance.

This is my dream !!!

SI members, please take this idea !!!

DIFFERENT THINKING OF TRAINING SYSTEM : DREAM OR NOT ?

See this web site : sorry it's in french but imagine this in Fm training :

- tactical exercices ( left of the site )

- technical exercices ( left of the site )

- phisical excerces ( left of the site )

http://www.entraineurdefoot.com/techniqexo.html

Almost 200 types of diffrent exercices for a real manager to create.

Imagine that you can create your own excercice among 200 of them !!!

A full data base of 200 or more different exercices to choose and plan 10 of them every week in function of what you want and the next match and your philosophy of training?

Miles, Is it a dream or can be realised in a game in the future ?

One new feature I'd really like to see is the option to mutally terminate a contract of a player who in January signs with another club as his contracts up in June.

I often have one or two players rotting in the reserves, who then get picked up in January by foreign clubs because they can offer them contracts. Once a contract is signed, all the player contract options disappear so I have to continue to pay that player for another six months even though he's leaving at the end of the season and is just rotting away in my reserve team.

Given he will probably have rejected mutual termination (I always offer) prior to spending months in my reserves, I'm sure if given the option again after signing for a new team he would agree to mutally terminate his contract.

I'd like Directors of Football to have more of a role, as they do IRL now.

Sometimes, your chairman can appoint one who he chooses. In this instance, the chairman will outline what the DoF is responsible for. As a new(ish) manager, you can like it or lump it.

Or, if you are established at a club, he can give you a list of names and you can choose one. Here, the role of the DoF is to be negotiated with the chairman.

Or, you should be able to request one. If you have been at a club and done well for a while, you should be able to specify who. In this case, you yourself outline what you want a DoF for (eg: u18 player recruitment, training facilities overhall, overall transfer control, negotiate new contracts with existing players etc).

Think this would add a good realistic dimension to the game

Sometimes, your chairman can appoint one who he chooses. In this instance, the chairman will outline what the DoF is responsible for. As a new(ish) manager, you can like it or lump it.

Or, if you are established at a club, he can give you a list of names and you can choose one. Here, the role of the DoF is to be negotiated with the chairman.

Or, you should be able to request one. If you have been at a club and done well for a while, you should be able to specify who. In this case, you yourself outline what you want a DoF for (eg: u18 player recruitment, training facilities overhall, overall transfer control, negotiate new contracts with existing players etc).

Think this would add a good realistic dimension to the game

On Board with this one for sure

the editor should not show potential ability, only current ability. showing potential ability ruins the experience for me, as i can´t not look players up in the editor. it´s too important to not know, but it ruins the mystery and fun.

We can earn lots of money in the game but there is no way to spend it , how about an option to buy a club or be director of football ?

Already discussed many times, it will be a DIFFERENT NEW game. How can SI program it? It's like asking to have PES and FM together in a unique game.

the editor should not show potential ability, only current ability. showing potential ability ruins the experience for me, as i can´t not look players up in the editor. it´s too important to not know, but it ruins the mystery and fun.

I't an editor. How can you then edit players and update database and transfers if you can't touch PA? If you don't want see players stats and info...why do you go in the editor? :D

At least you can say: make an option to hide some stats you decide when you're in the editor!

It would be good, I agree, but remember that DoF>Manager.

So Director of Football is your chief, you're not his chief.

DoF choose the manager, it's not the manager that choose DoF!

Giving a more active role to DoF means having less freedom as a manager and since I read of people angry because "chairman accepted a bid for a player"...it's not easy. Sure you can ask more interaction (seen as something like backroom mettings in FM10)

One new feature I'd really like to see is the option to mutally terminate a contract of a player who in January signs with another club as his contracts up in June.

I often have one or two players rotting in the reserves, who then get picked up in January by foreign clubs because they can offer them contracts. Once a contract is signed, all the player contract options disappear so I have to continue to pay that player for another six months even though he's leaving at the end of the season and is just rotting away in my reserve team.

Given he will probably have rejected mutual termination (I always offer) prior to spending months in my reserves, I'm sure if given the option again after signing for a new team he would agree to mutally terminate his contract.

On the contrary, the only reason a player would accept mutual termination is to have the opportunity to get a new club asap. If he's already got a contract set up then why should he give up 6 months of salary? Makes no sense.

I bought this Irineu player from lower division into Perugia, made him the top scorer there. The Player then listed as favoured personnel of the team and he listed me as his ONLY favourite personnel.

Then, after 8 seasons, I move to Spain to Atletico Madrid. Then Lady luck don't smile on Irineu anymore. He literally rot in bench, well, he even barely made the bench, because i think Rafa Benitez my successor don't really like him. To make thing worse, no club even interested in buying him. No club unless Atletico Madrid, the club managed by his mentor.

Offered higher salary, key role, and guess what ? He simply reject. That is extremely unrealistic. TBH, I don't think how SI can fix this.

I think a good idea for player/media interaction would be a player getting in trouble off the pitch and the manager either supporting the player or condoning his actions to the media, and behind closed doors try and help the player or ship him out of the club.

Just think of David Bentley drink driving or the Paul Merson drug addiction and alcoholism these would be great features to add, and would help towards man management stats.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the assistant managers recommendation when you offer a contract to a player should reflect his knowledge. As it is now, your assistant manager has knowledge of all players in the whole wide world since he can make a recommendation, which is unrealistic. It would be more realistic if the assistant manager tells you that he doesn't know anything about this player and can't make a recommendation.

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the assistant managers recommendation when you offer a contract to a player should reflect his knowledge. As it is now, your assistant manager has knowledge of all players in the whole wide world since he can make a recommendation, which is unrealistic. It would be more realistic if the assistant manager tells you that he doesn't know anything about this player and can't make a recommendation.

This is a very important change. It is too easy to go through many foreign clubs and and look at the players and offer contract. If the assistant manager says "Sign at any cost" you know it is likely he is a good player. Especially if you are playing a lower league side.

Firstly I'm sorry I don't have the time to read all 49 pages, so this may have been posted before.

I'd like to be able to have the Assistant Manager know what postion I want to play any player in. For example;

In my Colo Colo game I have a player who is a natural defender, but has the stats to be a midfield dynamo. He is only accomplished at playing there however. In the assistants team report he constantly lists this player as one of my top two centrebacks when I've never played him there and have 4 other players for that role instead.

It would be a good way of making the Player/Assistant/Coaching staff interaction better if you could specify where you feel a certain player will play.

I know it's not really necessary; but how about a music player being integrated into the game; and synergised with in-game events.

For example; if our team scores a goal, you could set it up with a playlist for songs like 'Thunderstruck'; and have a different playlist to choose from if we concede; are up by a fair way; or in the backgrounds browsing around.

Again, I know it's not a necessary feature for the game, I just think it would be pretty neat.

An idea that might be possible to implement is the personality of a manager. This could help human managers out during matches maybe. By checking a manager´s profile, you could get a grip on what he is like both on and off match. This could be split into categories maybe.

Often makes double substitutions

Makes early substitutions

Plays long-ball football

Plays possession football

Likes one of his forwards to drop deep

Likes to adjust his tactics to opponent´s tactics

Media-friendly

etc etc...

Might have been mentioned before though :)

Has probably been on the list before, but for future versions it would be nice to see players (high-profile?) demand (internal or external) new signings to improve the squad. This could unsettle players if you fail to bring in new players or upper their morale if you succeed. If you do manage to get in new high-profile players players could try and perform better in training and during matches in order to keep their place in the team.

This might actually already be in the game but not as far as I know.

I only play Football Manager 2006, so this might already have been inplemented, but I would like:

In the player info-screens there should be added if the player is any of the below mentioned things:

* Captain (or vice-captain)

* Playmaker

* Target-player

* Penalty-taker (or listed as potential taker)

* Freekick-taker (or potential)

* Corner-taker (or potential)

* Throw in-taker (or potential)

Im loving the fact that SI do look at what we think should be implemented (even if some of them are a little crazy) and I really hope that FM2011 continues to push on in the right direction as FM2010 looks immense.

Here's my own personal list of priorities for FM 2011:

1. Major overhaul of news and media with professional mini articles & headlines (sections separated by your club news, your league news, your nation news, & international news)

2. Improve Domestic & International Management Interaction: Domestic managers could recommend/criticise selection of a player for the national team, and International managers could ask if they think player X could do a job for the national side.

3. Include the ability of pay off club loans / debts with transfer funds.

4. Dynamic League Reputations

5. Dynamic Manager Career Reputation (that spans your whole career across several clubs)

6. Improving the bench during matches - Should be about time we see a manager and coaching staff on the bench, where the manager becomes animated when you perform a touchline shout. We should also see fourth officials with boards and animated subs.

7. Continue improving 3D Cosmetics: Stadium seating to be club colours, fans to wear home and away shirts of both clubs, and include tunnels for players to enter and leave the pitch. Also could we include floodlights for the stadia? If Im really being cheeky than maybe including small figures around the pitch such as stewards, paramedics, match photographers, cameramen and ball boys (who return the ball to the players) could be a nice little addition :D

8. Match sound overhaul where crowd animations are linked to sound effects, chants, horns, tannoys, clapping, booing, whistling, drums etc.

9. Include a pre-season expectations meeting with squad where you can set individual player targets such as a striker to bag 20 goals or a goalkeeper to keep 10 clean sheets this season, where unrealistic targets could uspet player morale, or meet them and expect the offer of a new contract? An end of season meeting could address specific issues, tell players their leaving the club or praise individuals who performed well.

10. Physios and Fitness coaches should play a more crucial role in the game and you could include the ability to request player medicals when signing a player or trialist, and you could also be presented with fitness test results upon the return to pre-season training and prior to matches. :)

In no order of importance, these are the changes/alterations I'd like to Football Manager. I might cover the changes that have been polished up for FM2010.

1. User Profile - It would be more relevant if the stats were the same as other Managers thus allowing a comparison and giving it real reason to exist. I'd also like it to be more specific, it seems a tad sparse.

2. 3D Match View - Whilst I love the incorporation of this feature (despite being a user since the Championship Manager commentary-only days), my only criticism would be the camera angle(s). Manager's tend to view the match from the stands or dugout. An angle that would depict it from a manager angle would add realism, of course without over doing it since that type of view can be limited. But for the purpose of realism, a kind of angle that at least suggests we're present and watching the match as opposed to feeling like a Manager watching the game from various camera angles. Maintain the current views, and add on a realistic one.

3. Press Conference - I'm sure this was mentioned often, but they're really tedious with the exat same questions occuring. I love the idea, it just needs a bit of work. Perhaps when technology has improved to a far greater level, it would be great if our personal messages were somehow more relevant allowing the computer to comprehend certain sentences. I've only noticed it recognising some foul language, which is a start I guess.

Also for Network play, the other opponent really should see what I've typed in the press conference, otherwise what's the point?

4. Tactical Sliders - It just doesn't seem realistic to slide the bar to such a specific point to tell the players what to do, so specifically. I'd much prefer it to be simplified, I can't imagine Alex Ferguson telling Valencia to "Be creative, but not too creative that you're lacking substance, but still near the end of the slider bar, so you're quite creative but not THAT creative."

5. License for Premiership and Turkish Super Lig Please :)

6. Nationality/Ethnic Origin - When I pick to countries, rather than one of them being assigned as my nationality and the other merely becoming "Knowledge" of the country. It would be great if I could be from two nationalities, half English half Italian etc. The knowledge can be determined by nationality, British etc.

Also, please include Turkish/Cypriot...only Cypriot is included which refers to Greek/Cypriots.

Well those are my personal suggestions!

1. I think thats a good idea but not really a priority imo, it would be nice to see but there would still be little point to it.

2. Not really bothered with that as i mainly use the 2D view but i can see that being a feature that other users would love.

3. Press conference's are being worked on for 2010, and you can actually see what other managers said in their press conferences by going to the media tab under their history.

4. Thats being worked on as well, as has already been announced 2010 will feature a tactical wizard that will make it more realistic to set up tactics as well as keeping the sliders for anyone thats used to that.

5. You mean to have the badges and players faces? Downlaod them for free, obtaining these licenses will cause a price rise in the cost of the game.

6. One nationality is your main and the second is listed as other nationality.

As the individual attributes are existing, collective attributes should exists in order to evaluate tem collective performance ( short passes, off-side, speed, long passes, palcement with and witout ball, movements defense-middle, movement middle-attack etc... ).

So you can adapt your tactic and training according to the collective performance.

Many pepole are not seing 3D view, so it's important for those to evaluate the collective performance. Those collective attributes should changes of course more often than individual attributes, as it will depend on training and the tactic of each match, and their real performances on the pitch.

What you think ?

1. I think thats a good idea but not really a priority imo, it would be nice to see but there would still be little point to it.

2. Not really bothered with that as i mainly use the 2D view but i can see that being a feature that other users would love.

3. Press conference's are being worked on for 2010, and you can actually see what other managers said in their press conferences by going to the media tab under their history.

4. Thats being worked on as well, as has already been announced 2010 will feature a tactical wizard that will make it more realistic to set up tactics as well as keeping the sliders for anyone thats used to that.

5. You mean to have the badges and players faces? Downlaod them for free, obtaining these licenses will cause a price rise in the cost of the game.

6. One nationality is your main and the second is listed as other nationality.

1. Since they're "polishing", I believe to polish up the Profile would be important, if not a priority.

2. I'm sure a lot of people do use the 3D match view, so as you said, it would be a nice feature for us.

3. Cool, I'm glad they've worked on the Press Conference. However, I don't want to have to browse to the Media tab under History, I'd like it to appear in News.

It would really be great, if FM could register and identify some universal phrases that we'd type, which would expand it's limitations with clicking the options.

4. Again, I'm glad they've worked on the tactics too. Keeping the previous style is a bit of a mixed blessing, whilst I'm so used to it and it would be wise to keep it for the people that would rather stick to it, I also like the notion of having one default style accustomed to the game. But that's just my personal view.

5. Oh right, wasn't aware you could download them for free. Where do I download them?

6. Yes, but it would be nice if there wer two flags situated on the profile. Why does a person have to have a "main" nationality.

1. agree. remove it, or make it worth looking at.

2. agree. I feel the game in later years have taken a turn, making you more of a God than a mere football manager. the game is far too detailed in certain areas.

3. it needs fixing, but as you've said - everyone knows it. they're working on it.

4. definitely. the sliders are over the top. it just further enhances my feeling of being more like some kind of God than a mere football manager. a more oral communication method is much preferred. but this is also something they're working on. I just hope the new approaches are far superior of these sliders.

5. agree. the more the merrier. however, licenses cost money. and if money can be saved and invested in more important game engine things - that's to prefer.

6. I'm not following... what? :p

I'd like to see players commenting to the media much more, revealing what they think of you, comparing you to previous manager, or if you were the previous manager, comparing the current regime to yours. Also it would be good if players issued more come and get me pleas etc

I'd also like to be able to ban players from training if they criticised me in public, and let them rot :)

Archived