Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I would like to be able to get full scout/coach reports on players I have loaned out. Right now, by scouting them, you can get match reports, but you don't get any of the full ability/potential (with stars) until they return to the club.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope this idea will be taken serously by Miles and his team as it's not a revolution but a philosophy changement. We will go more deeply in real management.

Miles, please tell me at least what you think about this idea.:):):)

Yes, but if you scout a player with hidden stats, the stats that come up after scouting are his 'true' stats. I think what mighty mind was getting at was that the stats that come up should be 'in the view' of the scout. So in actual fact depending on the quality of the scout the initial stats may be plus of minus 4 (just as an example of the range) so a guy with passing 15 could show up as 11 to 19. Obviously the better the scouting and the more times scouted the smaller the range.

Also if your scout sees a player in a blinder his stats may be way higher than reality from first viewing. I think that is the jist and I really like the idea personally. Would even do it for well known players, so you don't see there stat improvements unless you play them or have them looked at, i.e. they will be the player you imagine them to be rather than what they truly are.

Really nice ideas. I like them a lot.

Hope this idea will be taken serously by Miles and his team as it's not a revolution but a philosophy changement. We will go more deeply in real management.

Miles, please tell me at least what you think about this idea.:):):)

I do like the idea, it would certainly make finding players a lot more interesting than the current filter for the players with the best stats method. I don't know how easy it would be to program and it might take quite a lot of toying with to get it right. Also I guess there would be plenty who wouldn't like it, but I guess they could have a toggle for it like they do with player masking.

The good thing about SI mightymind is that if you make a suggestion in this thread then they will definately read it and it will certainly be discussed as a suggestion for future versions. There was a very interesting blog entry from Miles where he told that SI had meetings for all 800 suggestions leading into FM10, many of which have gone into the game.

It will definitely be taken seriously.

In FM2009, the hidden stats are interesting but it's not enough, as when you hire the player, you see the player stats as it is in fact as he entire the club.

So as in reality, a manager can make a mistake and this mistake can be discover after months.

It will be a big evolution to create this dynamic stats of each new player in evaluation by the scout.

The knowledge of each player depend on time and the staff performance.

The real stats should appear after maybe 6 months, slowly slowly with experience and time.

If you decide to scout a player for 6 months you will know better a player but you take the risk that another club will hire him before you, so it will be more exciting.

THINK ABOUT IT PLEASE.

The problem, as I see it, with this idea is how far do you take it? Let's say you scout a player for a month and you are given dynamic stats for him, when you sign him do you then see his real stats? That wouldn't make sense because on his first day he hasn't even trained with you, so how can all of a sudden you know his real stats?

Let's say that upon signing him you don't see his real stats but still see the dynamic ones, that again presents a couple of problems.....1) if his dynamic stats are based upon the ability of the scouts then different scouts will give different dynamic stats, so when you sign him which stats do you see on the player profile? 2) Once at the club then surely the dynamic stats you see will need to be determined by the coach's ability, so you're left with a situation where you never know his real stats.

Personally, I don't like the idea (sorry), and hope this is never introduced. I think SI have the right balance with the fog of war for those who want scouting to be harder.

When the player is in your team, you should continue to see the "evaluated" stats for for example 6 months, not the real at once, OF COURSE ( there is no use otherwise )

Or slowly the evaluate stats should reach monthly till the real stats.

The aim is to integrate risk of hiring wrong player because of your staff wrong performance and time of scouting, as it's happened in reality.

But, it should be easy and progressively done to reach the real stats.

I'm not telling that will be easy to create, but it should be easy to use it and ressemble to the reality.

Many player are using with hidden stats, or no, we can include this option even for player who wants more realism in there game.

The problem, as I see it, with this idea is how far do you take it? Let's say you scout a player for a month and you are given dynamic stats for him, when you sign him do you then see his real stats? That wouldn't make sense because on his first day he hasn't even trained with you, so how can all of a sudden you know his real stats?

Let's say that upon signing him you don't see his real stats but still see the dynamic ones, that again presents a couple of problems.....1) if his dynamic stats are based upon the ability of the scouts then different scouts will give different dynamic stats, so when you sign him which stats do you see on the player profile? 2) Once at the club then surely the dynamic stats you see will need to be determined by the coach's ability, so you're left with a situation where you never know his real stats.

Personally, I don't like the idea (sorry), and hope this is never introduced. I think SI have the right balance with the fog of war for those who want scouting to be harder.

You are right, it's not easy, but maybe we can use what exists already :

- the hidden stats should remain hidden even after having the player in the team ( monthly, the real stats will appear by step of 5 for example )

- we should justify our purchase only with the written report of the scouts, but this report should be more detailed ( phisical appriciation, shooting, mentaly, with maybe some range of important stats ) in order to give you all the elements to decide to buy.

So it will be more realistic and not complicate to create.

What I mean is : buying a player is not A+B, there are human parameters as your own feeling, your trust in your staff, his competences, and of course time and experience of player knowledge.

After a season the real stat will be complete and you can than fire your stupid scout or give him big promotion !

FM is based on reality, so improve this is logical in my opinion ( at the present time, you have money and any stupid scout, you can hire the best team of the world ! )

Give more responsability to our scout, this what I meant ( What is their use in FM exept confirming what you already know by seeing the real statsn after one time scouting )

Really try to ask yourself if in reality, is there any club which is having a data of each player whixh will be the same in another club ! No, it's depend on each club and its staff.

Thanks !

The inclusion of fully functioning Unibond League, Southern League, and Isthmian League would be my dream but I can't see them going for it.

They are in the database. All you will need to do is activate them in the new League editor on FM10 and your dreams will be reality. I imagine somebody will have the complete English League structure down to about tier 10 in place and available for download within about a week of FM10 coming out.

The inclusion of fully functioning Unibond League, Southern League, and Isthmian League would be my dream but I can't see them going for it.

I was under the impression that one of the features of FM10 was the ability to add your own leagues, in which case you can create these leagues quite easily.

When creating a savegame with fictional players, FM should create a new world full of newgens, instead of not so well disguised regens. It completely spoils the fun for me of playing with fictional players the fact that all the players are just a replica of the original players with a different name, sometimes country and age.

Saw this one earlier, but thought it warranted repeating - being able to cancel a substitution between hitting "Confirm" and the switch taking place. Injuries sustained, or goals scored/conceded in that little waiting period might totally change your mind about the sub you're about to make.

Also - one game recently I had 2 players go off with serious injuries (red) and 2 more received mild injuries (yellow). I HATE to play on with an injured player, since it always seems to result in a lay-off, so I subbed the first, but couldn't do anything about the second. Of course, he was then out for a few weeks. We should be able to withdraw even a mildly injured player and play on with 10 men if necessary.

There was a poll on here about how many users played with the sound on or off, and most played with it off. It's probably been deleted now. Also, adding chants (even just club names repeated to a popular tune) would take ages.

The reason IMO why players choose to turn off the sound is because it is, in its current format, awful and unlistenable - NOT because they don't want to hear sound. At least, that's the reason why I have it turned off and I'm sure I'm not alone.

However, sounds are a very important component of a game simulation, but seems to be severely under-rated in the FM community. Ideally, I would like the sounds to be similar to EA's FIFA series. When I listen to the game and close my eyes, I'm starting to get the feeling that I'm in the game. My biggest criticism towards FM is that there's no feel to the game - In terms of preparing for the match and being in the middle of the match, a BSP fixture doesn't feel any different from the CL final. Realistic sounds would go a long way to fix that problem, at least in terms of crowd noise levels.

As it's been noted, the sounds need to be set-up in three ways:

1. crowd levels (50k vs. 25k vs. 5k vs. 500)

2. Cultural reactions: Although chants don't have to be club-specific, they should note a difference between English crowds vs. French crowds vs. Italian crowds vs. Brazilian crowds vs. American crowds, etc. Again, this is something that EA's FIFA games does fairly well.

3. Better reaction to in-game events. Booing/whistling, applause should all be tied to goals, cards, injuries, etc.

I know Miles has said this is low priority for them at the moment, but if they want to push the visual realism of the game with the 3D match engine, they should also consider pushing the audio realism with equal importance. I will not rest until this gets addressed. :)

Saw this one earlier, but thought it warranted repeating - being able to cancel a substitution between hitting "Confirm" and the switch taking place. Injuries sustained, or goals scored/conceded in that little waiting period might totally change your mind about the sub you're about to make.

Also - one game recently I had 2 players go off with serious injuries (red) and 2 more received mild injuries (yellow). I HATE to play on with an injured player, since it always seems to result in a lay-off, so I subbed the first, but couldn't do anything about the second. Of course, he was then out for a few weeks. We should be able to withdraw even a mildly injured player and play on with 10 men if necessary.

Re the bit I've bolded, you can take off an injured player and play with 10 men. Go to tactics, substitute the mildly injured player off as you would do normally, and you'll see a message pop up saying something like "you can't make any more subs as you already made 3. However, player x appears to be injured, would you like to take him off and play with 10 men"

Re the bit I've bolded, you can take off an injured player and play with 10 men. Go to tactics, substitute the mildly injured player off as you would do normally, and you'll see a message pop up saying something like "you can't make any more subs as you already made 3. However, player x appears to be injured, would you like to take him off and play with 10 men"

The option should be made more obvious. I would have never known about it, because I would have never tried to make a substitution that I knew I couldn't make.

I'd like to see more options on the manager's personal life, maybe options like go and play golf with the team, dating, children. something like being able to buy houses near the ground, or investing in the team. I'd like to be able to take money loans out aswell, maybe ask board for permission to get a loan?

-Finances - Would like to be able to be kept up to date with merchandise sales in the news screen once a month like which numbers and names are selling the best and what countries shirts are selling in so you can arrange tours in the countries you are not yet selling in to break into new markets, for example a news item could read Man Utd shirts have sold out across certain states in north America today after a sucessful pre season tour which saw United beat certain teams(team name) with certain players (player name) catching the eye of supporters in the states, also you could have certain players shirt sales go up after say getting the highest average rating in a season or after the world cup or a euro tournement or champions league or even locally after a good cup run for lower league teams their shirt sales go up in their area gaining more supporters.:thup:

-Press- Would like press conferences when you sign players to basically state your intentions of what purpose you think the player signed will have at the club for example if he will be in the reserves for a while untill he adjusts to the style and culture of football in your country or if he will be straight into the first team and you will be expecting performances as soon as possible.

I would like to see an option that blocks any form of save game editing whilst playing a network game.

I'm sick to death of playing network games with people only to find out they have been bumping up their player stats with a save game editor. Totally ruins the game and creates an environment of suspicion.

I would also like to see the password protect system properly implemented so the host can't log in and check out what tactic you are using etc. As things stand, whatever password you put in can be overridden by typing in "sportsinteractive". What the hell is he point in that??

I would like to see an option that blocks any form of save game editing whilst playing a network game.

I'm sick to death of playing network games with people only to find out they have been bumping up their player stats with a save game editor. Totally ruins the game and creates an environment of suspicion.

I would also like to see the password protect system properly implemented so the host can't log in and check out what tactic you are using etc. As things stand, whatever password you put in can be overridden by typing in "sportsinteractive". What the hell is he point in that??

Im afraid any sort of online/network game will always have cheats/glitchers etc its always been a part of online/network games on any platform console/pc or anything else, not that it is right course its not and it`s really annoying but you see it on any game you play online these days.

:eek: Just goes to show, you learn something new every day. Cheers, KK.

I'd like to see more options on the manager's personal life, maybe options like go and play golf with the team, dating, children. something like being able to buy houses near the ground, or investing in the team. I'd like to be able to take money loans out aswell, maybe ask board for permission to get a loan?

There's a game for you out there.

the-sims-3-logo.jpg

I would like it if you can view the graphs in the finances section by year/season. Currently the graphs are based on month but I would like the option to switch this to a view by season.

The only indication you currently have of how finances are changing by season is the last two columns in the table which show 'this season' and 'last season', however I don't think this is particularly helpful as you are comparing a partially completed season with a fully completed season.

Reposting my topic from GD here as I didn't know of this thread. Thanks CrashOverrride for reminding me.

With the current European requirement and soon-to-be English requirement for home-grown players, can we incorporate a new search key for home-grown players? It could be like

Search key:

'Home-grown status' is

Options:

> Trained at club (for inclusion of own players)

> Trained at current nation

> Within <number of> days (for 'nation' players)

We can also include the status (already 'club' or 'nation'; days to 'home-grown') under the same section as 'days to gain nationality'.

It would be much easier to search for specific players to meet the quota then.

Why not to have some few short videos of the players playing football ( camera on him mostly ) and to confirm the decision to buy him, as many manager are doing in real.

Videos which will show clearly his main performances and confirm the scout's report.

For me, you don't need to see the stats ( can remain hidden ) , scout report and few videos will be more realistic to decide to buy.

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but I would like to see my youngsters more willing to go out on loan. I get very fed up when they reject loan deals with my affiliated clubs when they would benefit them greatly because if in real life the manager says you should go out on loan to this club, I don't think they would say no over and over again.

Also you should be able to recommend a certain team to go on loan to if they are considering several at once.

posted this in another 3d,maybe it fits better here..

i was thinking..why is not possible training someone for single stats?you know,if you train defence you should improve tackling,marking etc..

but,let's say i've got a strong regen with 20 tackling and 5 marking (and,sadly,this often happens)..i should be able to say him "learn marking!" and leave alone tackling..

so,if i've understood how it works,the sum of all attributes should depend from the CA..and if i'm correct,here's my suggestion..do larger sliders,and do a slider for all the training stats in the game..

this is my suggestion,making an easy and semplified example..i've got John Smith,16 years old,striker,who has 20 in heading,19 in finalizing,passing,great (over 16) mental attributes..but he has 7 in speed,8 in acceleration and 5 in elevation.

consider only this stats as existing,it should go like this:

finalizing------from 1 to 50 set to 5

heading-------from 1 to 50 set to 5

passing-------from 1 to 50 set to 10

speed---------from 1 to 50 set to 40

acceleration--from 1 to 50 set to 40

elevation------from 1 to 50 set to 45

considering maybe that from 1-20 it's a light training,from 21 to 40 is a medium and 41-50 is hard..circa as it's now..then,the sum of ALL the sliders should give to us the general weight of the training..and i think it would be cooler (and needed) if my coaches could tell me how this kind of work ratio impacts on the player..considering i have one coach for specific training area,should go like this:

pavel nedved thinks that 5/50 in finalizing could slowly decrease john smith's strenght in this area

johan neskeens thinks that 10/50 in passing could very slowly decrease john smith's strenght in this area

valter di salvo thinks that 45/50 in elevation could fastly increase john smith's streght in this area

valter di salvo thinks that 40/50 in acceleration could have no real effect for john smith

and so on..obviously,the best the coaches the best the advices would be.so a list of seven star coaches could really give you perfectly an overall idea of the quantity and quality your team is..

and also it is obvious that mental attributes (determination,i think) will affect the work ratio..in my example,the same schedule could be very hard for john smith if he has 6 in determination,could be hard if he has 14 and could be medium if he has 18..

hope my bad english won't affect the reading and comprehension..

Have a lot of ideas, been a long-time player of the game since the 97/98 edition... I will start off by stating some of the basic features I want that I think are realistic additions for the next version.

As it stands long-term games are impossible, there is no sense that you have left your touch as a manager etc.

-Add more scales to reputation, so you can see your player's ability rise and be recognised, you can judge his progress and performances accordingly. Regional, National, Continental, World Class are not enough... There should be at least 10 different types of reputation.

-Don't know if this has been implimented, but get 'experience points' as player by playing in major competitions, particularly the Champions League, World Cup, European Championship. That way, signing an experienced centre-back who is ageing but has played a lot in the CL will be good for a club, let's say, which qualifies for CL first time ever and needs players with experience from continental competitions. Otherwise, let playing in such competitions increase key mental attributes such as composure, decisions etc.

-Each club should have two extra labels under 'Information' that should be something along the likes of 'Media Pressure' and 'Supporter Expectations'. Therefore, in Greek Superleague, the top 3 big teams will have very high media pressure, whilst 6-7 clubs will have 'low' or 'minimal' and this should be reflected in the exposure you get by media (the WHOLE media system is currently useless)... For example, as manager of a lower league Greek 1st Division Club, few of your games would be televised and watched by football fans... Every time you play the 'big 3 teams' maybe you can have a news item with some indication of how your team was perceived to have played...

Example:

Olympiacos' fans praised Levadiakos on online forums and discussions for their counter-attacking ability. They were particularly impressed by Player x's runs with the ball.

Journalists commented after the Panathinaikos - Levadiakos game about the away team's disciplined defensive play, leaving few gaps for opponent attacks.

Basically, having a system where clicking one of four/five response options and having it affect your squad is not a good system to have as FM doesn't have the technology I believe to adapt its effects in a realistic way. Rather, SI Games should focus on making us immerse in the gameworld more by showing us more details from our current game...

Example again:

-Levadiakos midfielder Player Y has been listed as one of top 5 wingers in the Greek League by a former Greece international.

-Levadiakos centre-back duo is being heralded as one of top 3 in the Greek League according to a national sports newspaper article today.

-Olympiacos fans jeered the players after their 0-0 home draw to Kavala.

-Olympiacos fans jeered the players & the manager after their second consecutive draw, 1-1 away to AEK.

-Many Panathinaikos fans are upset that manager Y continues to not offer Sotiris Ninis a chance to play regular first-team football. Given the current midfielders available, many supporters believe Ninis has what it takes to cement a place in the first-team, as a player of his technique and flair is sorely lacking.

My main gripe is how hard it is to loan your youngsters out to other clubs for experience. One example I had this German regen striker who was pretty good, he was 17 and was already capped at senior level. I tried offering him out to clubs multiple times with a pay 0% of players wages deal, no offers at all. I have a lot of unfulfilled young talent wasting away due to this, I can only give so many youngsters a chance in the first team :(

It would be a good addition to be able to see who´s unhappy with his training schedule and who´s not in the Full Player Status. It can be a little frustrating to browse through each and every player to see if he´s happy with the training or not.

Also when an opponent's player, say full-back, picks up a yellow card there could be OI-instructions for your winger to always try to go past him in an attempt to get him sent-off. Might have been mentioned before though..

Im not sure if this has already been mentioned, but i would love to see the option to let a player talk to another club before you have agreed a price for them. I often have the problem of big teams offering low amounts for my best players. That way you can let the disgruntled player get on with contract negotiations whilst you negotiate a price with the club. it happens all the time in real life so i dont understand why it isnt in the game

View Poll Results: What you wanted first to be improved in FM2010 before announcement ?

This poll will close on 08-10-2009 at 14:07

3D view 14.29%

match engine 13.10%

media improvements 14.29%

player/staff/board interactivity 19.05%

training system 9.52%

transfert improvement 8.33%

data editor 7.14%

match analysis 3.57%

press conferences 7.14%

others 3.57%

Please continue vote to have an idea about your expectation :

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=149063

A nice addition would be if player morale could drop or increase when a signing after the transfer window has closed. If a world-class signing has been made maybe some players would be ´excited´ that Player X is joining the club. Looking forward to playing with Player X. Worried that Player X will steal all attention, etc, etc.

The possibility to comment a tactic.

I mean when I have to save/load a tactic I have tons of 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 with just team name and a date as description. It will be useful to have a comment/description box the user can fill. In the tactic screen or in the load/save tactic pop-up screen doesn't bother.

A little logic (and more "life") in manager transfers.

If I buy a player with future transfer at the end of the season and in the meanwhile I change team, it's not deserve of the manager that come next.

And I'd like to have the possibilty to agree to go to another team at the end of the season (in FM it's done bad, most of the time the chairman wants your head...) and to begin to do player transfers for that team before 1st July (which is totally illogic)

And I don't like how hidden mental stats (personality) appears.

If a player is "quite determined" I can see it in the determination stat.

If a player si "quite ambitious" and I want to know if he's professional or not, I can't find it, why? It's not logic, I'm the manager who trains it every day and I don't know if he's professional or not...

Think about it, what is the difference between a scout who can judge a player and a scout who can't?

It's not logic that a scout comes to me and says "I don't know if that player is fast or not" after he played 90 minutes and ran 10km, or he tells me "oh that's a wonderkid, dribbling 20 etc..." on 30th July.

The difference between scouts is in giving the right values to players, not in giving it or not giving it. Someone can sold me Kuranyi as the best target man of the world, someone can say that Owen is an ex-player that doesn't run anymore, someone can tell me that Buffon is the best gk of the world but in penalties is crap.

I mean: if ask to some of you something about Luis Fabiano and Anelka we'll have different point of view, this is how it should be in scouting.

And why not start thinking of having some specialist-role scouts or a kind of head scout?

Reposting my topic from GD here as I didn't know of this thread. see http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3916650#post3916650

Hi all Manager fans,

Been playing for many years now - since 93 actually and i like the way the game has developed. Media, finances etc. Some guys just want to load a standard tactic and put the game on auto pilot. But most of us want more and S.I Games are letting us dive more and more into the "real manager world" season after season. Great. The more detailes the better. We like to personalyze our teams and the way we play. Who hasnt tried to copy Wengers pass and move tactic from real life Prem or The Barca romantic atacking game mentality...? It looks like in FM10 my demands are being fulfilled. However I want more...

Here a couple of suggestions for improvements;

1. know(09) you have 3 choices of comments to another manager as a taunt/friendly acktion. Eighther negative, neutral or positive. This no matter if you are world class or a complete newbie.

Why not have a skill based "war of words" in the media like Fergie, Wenger and Benitez - not to forget Mourinho in the jolly good days of Chelskiy.

Remember the game Monkey island(1) where the outcome of a swordfight duel was destined by the trashtalk you gave the opponent and if the opponent was left with no answer due to him being a rookie trash talker. You could easely adapt this to FM...

If you start as a rookie manager and played 3 seasons getting involved with media battles with rival managers througout the seasons and you being "promoted" to continental manager... you would over the seasons have adapted more and more manager comments and the best responses. Say you where Gillingham and where tho face Man U. in the cup one year - you could trash talk Ferguson(get crushed) but then have adapted his verbal media talents. Pick up outbursts who will leave opponents players nailbiting and playing nervously if low mental attributes.

Above also allowes another profile rating(ex. Club/player loyalty etc.): You could name it media handling... Mourinho: 20 - Mark Stimson: 3

2. Experience is needed in the higher leagues as managers. My suggestion are that the more experienced you get in the game the more knowledge you pick up - Hence the more options being available(tactics/media). Starting as a rookie with coaching license step 1 with a number of tactical formations available example: 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-1-1 etc.. as you get more experienced you could get better and better licences and receive more and more options available.

Of course not all are willing to progress from "the bottom/beginning" as a Rookie manager - They will have the oppertunity to choose "Past experience" as in FM09 example international footballer - unlocking continental manager reputation and thus more options. Maybe also adding the choice Manager legend - enabling the full package.

I really hope you guys out there can forgive my foreign English writing. I am from Denmark and doesnt really want to go throug gramma and stuff. I think you understand.

Hope to receive some feedback...

Best regards

Anders Bech Jensen

Aka - Assi BechAnovic

** Assi BechAnovic are my Manager alter ego - A Serbian Manager from Zagreb taking on Manager challenges around the globe. Bad English speaking, arrogant, agressive, cannot sign Montenegro players(like the Bilbao/Basque rule) etc... A real Jerk but in a game like this it's kind of cool to unleash your inner bastard.... **

I would quite like it if a download is made available, and if you buy it, it makes the game up to date in terms of which division clubs are in, which club players are playing for etc.

E.G. Someone buys fm 2010, and in 2011, wants to keep the features of 2010, but update all the divisions and clubs, so basically everything is not a year old. They would buy the download, wheras at the moment, if you want all the recent transfers, you would have to buy the next available game.

A few small tweaks here:

1. When viewing the player career history, rather than just seeing his league appearances, goals, assists etc. I would like to be able to see all his competitive appearances, goals, assists etc. Would it be possible to have a 'View' button in the top right hand corner (like the one on the 'Form' screen), where I can select one from a list of options which might say 'All competitive/League/F.A. Cup*/League Cup*/EURO Cup/Champions League/All domestic cup combined/Continental combined' please?

2. A source of frustration to me at the moment is the "auto-assign coaches" button. As you know, each area of coaching requires a combination of specific attributes (i.e. Defending needs high ratings in Defending and Tactical coaching). I get very annoyed when I sign a new coach, and auto-assign his coaching responsibilities, only to find that because he's also good at fitness training, he's now helping out my two Fitness Coaches, and not doing any defensive coaching.

Therefore, I would like to see the option to sign a coach as a defensive/attacking/technique coach (as I already can for Goalkeeping and Fitness). Possibly then use the "auto-assign" button to distribute the general coaches around the other areas of coaching as required.

3. A tiny GUI tweak here I guess. When viewing either the 'Best XI' screens or the 'Team-talk feedback' screen, it is possible to sort the players depending on their total appearances, goals or average rating (Best XI screen) or reaction (Team Talk feedback screen). However it is then impossible to go back to having them sorted in the GK, DR, DL, DC, DC, MR, ML, MC, MC, ST, ST order (using a 4-4-2 as the example). I'd like to be able to sort them back this way please.

I'd also like to see more non-financial negotiation/discussion when signing players. Currently the only non-financial negotiation point is squad status but I'd like this to be expanded to things like:

* Playing position . You could tell a versatile player that you are signing him to play as a striker, and he can tell you where he would prefer to play.

* Future prospects (when signing youngsters). You both tell each other how long before you expect 1st team action.

* Ambitions for club. For instance, this would have been a major part of the discussions Notts County had with Sol Campbell recently.

I'm sure there's loads more but in summary I'd like more football-related discussion to happen so both sides (us as managers, and the AI players) can decide if it's the right move to make.

Something like discussed here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3280209

or something different?

I was wondering instead, why not to put in the AI of the players, by default, to bring the Opponents to weaker foot and having eventually to say different?

Something like discussed here

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=3280209

or something different?

I was wondering instead, why not to put in the AI of the players, by default, to bring the Opponents to weaker foot and having eventually to say different?

Very similar, but not in the style of press conferences. Instead the current contract offer screen should include more options.

At the moment we have Squad Staus, Salary, Contract Length and Bonuses. Each of which by default show what the player wants.

I propose there should be further drop-down filters for new areas (and again each of this will by default show what the player wants).

So, for instance, there could be a drop-down filter for "Preferred Playing Position", and the options could be:

* No preference

* Any Accomplished

* Any Competent

* Specific Position

Also, if the squad status is set as hot prospect or youngster then there could be a drop-down filter called "Expected Progression into 1st Team", and the options could be:

* Within a year

* 1-2 years

* 3-4 years

* 4 + years

I hope this makes sense, I'm pretty sure drop-down filters could be designed for most non-financial issues that occur during transfer talks. They key to this will be making sure it's all in one screen (i.e. the current 'contract offer' screen, which should be renamed to 'player negotiation').

What abut the possibility of seeing which teams are interested in you as a manager? Just like with players, but for managers.

Yeah it would be nice to see who wanted you as their manager, make you feel special! lol But I guess they would only want you if the position was available.

Yeah it would be nice to see who wanted you as their manager, make you feel special! lol But I guess they would only want you if the position was available.

I think it should work even if you're already in team, in real life it happens.

I'm thinking of something (filter search? String text while dealing with transfer?) for searching/signing "players eligible in EU competition in your team".

I have a simple idea, why not have an area in your manager profile where you can select a new language to learn? So you can learn the language before you get to the country you want to manage in.

This could also have a knock on effect if you are linked to a job aboard. It could make the fans hate you and may speed up your exit out of the club or it could put you in a better posistion to by players from that nation as you can speak their language and they won't have as much difficulty adjusting to life in a new country.

Any thoughts?

An idea from something I´ve just experienced. In the Championship with Southport and Portsmouth came in for my star striker bidding £7.5m and the board accepted (his reputation was continental so I guess it was time for him to leave anyway...). I don´t mind. However the board also accepted a bid for my playmaker and still wants me to achieve a top half finish. These two players are and have been instrumental for the team for 4-5 years and there is no way I can replace them. Would it be a good idea to see the board lower their "league-finish-demands"? Afterall I didn´t decide myself to sell them, they did, and I shouldn´t be forced to take the cosequences.

I think they way it is now FM is pretty much the best it can get. I'd also like lots of interaction and the ability to do something else than managing numbers and stats but even as it is the game might be too complex for its own good. I can't say I'm as experienced a player as some here but in 5 years of playing FM I'm still shocked when I find out some minuet stat or some other small detail has a massive impact on gameplay.

Still I think two things need addressing immediately:

- The finances in the game are just simply poor. You have virtually no control over them. You can either not spend the transfer budget, wait for the board to give you the ability of setting up commercial links or keeping the wage bill down. As I've mentioned in another topic this is simply poor. When you buy players worth MILLIONS of euros after many seasons in the game it just seems logical to me that if you're playing a LL club you should be able to at least adjust ticket prices. I also think you should be given a choice of sponsorship and a better feedback on what exactly you can do to get better sponsorships. The changes shouldn't be massive but still they should exist in order to give you better control over finances.

- Adaptive league standards are A MUST! I just don't get it why this has been so long delayed. If a league ends up sending 4 clubs in ECC competitions why is the league standard still 12 or 14? This is the primary concern. Implementing some decent way of advancing the living standards in countries would also be important. India for example is a 3rd world (or developing) country in the game... and it stays that way for 40 years!

- The finances in the game are just simply poor. You have virtually no control over them. You can either not spend the transfer budget, wait for the board to give you the ability of setting up commercial links or keeping the wage bill down. As I've mentioned in another topic this is simply poor. When you buy players worth MILLIONS of euros after many seasons in the game it just seems logical to me that if you're playing a LL club you should be able to at least adjust ticket prices. I also think you should be given a choice of sponsorship and a better feedback on what exactly you can do to get better sponsorships. The changes shouldn't be massive but still they should exist in order to give you better control over finances.

IRL managers have virtually no control over finances. There's not a single manager alive who sets the ticket prices for his club or decides who the sponsors are.

If anything, the game gives you too much control (if you want to compare with real life) as not many mangers are personally involved in transfer negotiations and contracts for new players. Similarly, if a real life club wanted to set up a commercial link with a club I seriously doubt the manager would get final choice of the club, I actually doubt whether he'd have any say in it whatsoever.

Archived