Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see the expansion of the international side of the game.

For example, there's normally a few friendlies played in the build up to the world cup before the trimming of the preliminary squad. I'd like to see this put into the game. Also, things like the world cup are huge events globally. How about a little in game, wiki-style feature that tells you stuff about the stadium and the country, etc?

I would to see a better interaction between players and ourselves. We have that in a way in the half-time/post-match team talk but how about instead of the sliders an individual set of options which is in context to the situation.

For example for a wide midfielder on a 4-4-2 - a drop down/tick box menu with the options to ask him to push up, back up your full back, go wider, go narrower, take on the full back. etc. How well the player does that depends on his stats. I know some people would say that's what the sliders are for but where is the option for the left winger to double up on the opponents right winger and then still be effective in attack - what would be the correct settings on the sliders. Make it more user friendly and make you feel you are actually barking out orders than adjusting toolbars.

Also have results determined by overall team ability rather than if you have sucessfully countered your opponents tactics. As Fulham for example I can beat Man Utd, Chelsea at home by getting the tactics right but lose to a non-league side with my first choice XI if I don't have the sliders in the wrong position? In today's football quality signings should be important.

Few coaches work in the national team and club at the same time in the real world. But in the game, almost every coach in the national teams has a contract to a club.

I also would like to be able to offer a coach in the national team a contract with an option like "resign current job".

I was thinking earlier about the whole PA attribute, didn't realise there was so much talk of it on here recently.

I was just thinking that maybe the number should be able to change, i don't know, but for instance a random League Two striker. Lets say in the game he has a PA of 100. He has a cracking season, scoring 25 goals, attracting interest from higher clubs. If he signed with a Championship side, theres more possibility that he will fail because he will reach 100 and well, that's it for him.

What i'm trying to say is that wouldn't it be better that if they play better, theres more possiblity of his PA going up accordingly. I'm almost certain that Simon Cox the season before last wasn't being touted as a special striker (which some Sky Sports journalists are describing him as), but one cracking season and a move to West Brom and now he's got people describing him as these things.

Not very well worded but i'm tired :D

The ability to change a penalty taker at the last minute.

I'm 3-0 up and my striker is on a brace. I've just won a penalty. Unfortunately, my fullback is set to take it as the best penalty taker on the team. I say unfortunately, because I really want my striker to take it and get his hat-trick. But there is nothing I can do because the highlight is already up and any change I make won't work. :(

In other words, in situations like this, I'd like the ability to change my decision on my penalty taker at the last minute or even for my striker to ask me if he can take it to get his hat-trick!

Regards,

C.

This has probably been mentiond but I would like the chance for when you buy a new player he is unvieled as an official player such as Ronaldo did at Real.

My sunday league manager also gives the referee a personal mark out of 10, maybe this can be introduced into the game as I'm sure real managers give a mark out of 10 for referees?

Although you may not be able to have real life sponsors, maybe you could have certain sponsers and they are visible on your team jersey.

Fifa games also have such questions which says things like "So and so, or a few players have been asked to attend a charity event, do you let them go?" Things like that.

More realistic transfers.. although City are ruining the transfer world, It's nice to be realistic on them for example If I wanted to buy someone I wouldn't want to have to pay an unrealistic price when he should be bought for around a much lower sum.

I would like on the editor to be able to pick your design of stadium. For example what the look of it would be, what colours the seats would be.

Another great feature I think would be if you can see your team walking out the tunnel in a line by the side of the other team.

Anti cheat system.

Game automatically saved when starting a match and after a match.

Stupid idea in my opinion.

I admit to cheating like this before, but I've also done it by accident. I may ask my ass man to pick my team but he picks a guy with 80% fitness over 93% and I only realise til late on. Therefore if that happens I want to be able to quit and re do it again.

For example, If I'm in the season I'd be so happy to see "Fred Bloggs suggests a few possible youngsters (early teenager) that you should posibly take a look at."

By this I mean maybe as a manager you can attend a local town match and see if you are impressed by what anybody is showing.

Ok, heres couple I have, one very small I'm sure could very easily be done, not sure about the other.

1) I love my reserve team players to get as much loan action as possible, its such a faff at the start of the season individually offering each player to clubs on loan. It was a revelation to learn you could select multiple players by using CTRL but unfortunalty you can only offer to clubs as a transfer deal rather than a loan when a multiple group is selected.

2) Repuations can be a little slow to adjust in my opinion. I have sheffield united in the upper quarter of the premiership for a while (its 2025) and im facing a constant cycle of find good player, he becomes good, higher reputation club comes sniffing - he goes. This is understandable if it were clubs like arsenal or ac millan as i accept theyh have higher repuations but clubs like everton who ive finished higher than for over 5 seasons should be percieved by my players as being a bigger club.

The same applies for my management reputation, I'd love a job at these top clubs and ive been consistently around the top 4 for many seasons and i only seem to have a shot at chamionship or very low-relegation zone type premiership clubs because my reputaion doesnt match where i actually am. I cant really move clubs at the moment unless i take a giant step back.

EDIT: A third i dea i forgot to mention. Agents are quite underused. Maybe agents offering players to lower league clubs on trial, you always hear of lower league managers moaning about agents constantly calling htem pushing players on them.

- ability to buy players and put them at loan at their old club.

- instead of generated faces id prefer the back of a shirt and name on it. (Really, the generated faces are crap )

- more interaction with managers of the national teams if they have the same nationality. (Ask them if they find players good for you)

- more player interaction possibilities and player happenings (birth of baby, funeral, warn them to be send to the supporter-seats if the dont play better, etc etc)

- a sheet in the game of players that are home-grown but sold or left. (Filter-option) Extremely usefull in Spain for example.

- way more interaction with your training staff. I have no idea in what form, but they are way more important to communicate with as its done atm.

- Pure loyal players. Like Gerrard for Liverpool FC and Totti for Roma. I want some players to be 100% loyal despite the teams that hunt for their signature.

- More detailed training reports. I want more details on who is in shape and eager to play before picking my team lineup.

- More ways of bringing up local talent. Forming 'Football schools/camps', arranging 'Talent competitions' and tournaments for smaller local teams at the clubs Stadium etc.

I'd like to see replays shown from different angles.

When you score from a freekick I'd like to see the replay show the range, angle, speed, etc. of the shot.

For controversial decisions, I'd like to see an incident, like a red card or penalty from the Referees point of view, for example.

- Pure loyal players. Like Gerrard for Liverpool FC and Totti for Roma. I want some players to be 100% loyal despite the teams that hunt for their signature.

He was linked with Chelsea for ages and was pretty close to joining IIRC. Wasn't always as loyal as he is now.

Pretty sure this has been mentioned before somewhere, but I'd like to be able to swap positions, rather than players, in my tactics. At the moment, the swap positions option means players will switch with each other.

What I want is hard to explain without just using an example:

I'm playing a 4-3-1-2, where the 1 is an AML, the 3 is MC-MC-MR. Say I want the winger (ie AML) to drop back to midfield (ML) and the midfielder (MR) to push forward to a winger (AMR).

Ideally this means my team reacts to attacks on one side of the pitch, but remains relatively defensive on the other side.

All I think needs to be done to implement this is change "Swap Position" to "Swap with Player" and Swap Position becomes the above function.

I think theres needs to be more versatility with player positions. For instance, there's no way you can play a Centre Forward (as in someone playing slightly behind the striker). We should be able to move positions (the circles) to wherever we want.

Don't know if anybody has already said this, but when managing international teams, your staff should be able to scout and file reports on players playing in leagues that aren't active in your save. This makes a big difference, IMO. Remember, 'realism' is the goal, right?

Someone just asked me why I use Genii Scout.

I do think that managers have some ability to see potential and current abilities of players. They have to right?

And I replied with this long explanation

They are mostly suggestions though

Do you think Ferguson guessed buying Ronaldo? Or Wenger guessed buying Fabregas? When you sign a youth player you're buying blind.

Any youth player I have that is beyond exceptional is targetted in transfer windows by the computer managers. It's constant badgering.

They ask how much you want. You reject. They then bid and you reject again saying he's not for sale. Then they just keep bidding and bidding and bidding.

This to me tells me that the computer can read the potential stats of my players.

Of course a manager has the ability to see potential in players. Do you think Wenger just guesses? He's the master at it.

As I said in the original post, I originally found the best scouts in the game and hired them to recommend players.

And the players they recommended, most were only average. Once in a blue moon would I be recommended a young player with any world class potential ability.

Sometimes when I sign a youth player that has great potential my Assistant Manager says to only sign them as a last resort.

Yet in the next transfer window every club in Europe is after that player.

At the moment I am using Genii Scout. It's the only way I have of seeing a player with potential.

As I said the Scouts don't offer me the best players. And I could even sign a scout from each club that are after my best young players. Yet when I sign my rivals Scouts they don't offer me the best players.

So how are the computer game managers finding out about all my best young players. And I mean ALL.

It's frustrating.

So I use Genii Scout because I feel that a Manager should have some ability to see potential in players.

My suggestion for future games was that you start of with a rating for Judging Player Ability and Judging Potential ability.

The more successful you get at signing youngsters that turn to megastars the more your attributes go up.

And eventually you will be brilliant at spotting potential and you see this attribute in a players profile after scouting them, or going to see them play.

Who goes to see a player play anyway? What good does it do? At least if you watched a match with a player you're interested in signing you could see a stat stating his ability and and possible potential ability.

Not that you could see his potential straight away, but as you get better at discovering young talent, the potential ability stat for a player you're interested in becomes more accurate.

If you get me.

I say I use Genii Scout because it levels the playing field against computer managers, in my opinion.

That's why I'd like to see the manager get stats to see potential in players and judge ability.

And to be able to see those stats in a player when you click on them. The better you are at judging these, the more accurate the stats would be for the player. But it doesn't have to be exact. It could be ball park stat. In and around 170 - 200 for example.

Or in and around 120 - 160.

Say you're Judging Player Ability is 9/20

You could sign a youth player and his potential ability could between 90 - 190 in his stats.

Now say this player goes on to be World Player of the year.

That bumps your stats up to 14/20 for example.

So you go to sign another young player and you're looking through possible scout recommendations.

Mr. A = Pot Ability of 150 - 190 / Cur Ability 100 - 120

Mr. B = Pot Ability of 140 - 170 / Cur Ability 70 - 100

So who do you sign? Mr A or Mr B?

Mr A could stay at 150. And Mr B could go to 170.

So Mr B would be better buy.

Of course you wouldn't have any idea how good a player will actually get.

But you could get ball park estimates based on your experience of signing youth players.

My other idea was to run a sort of Fantasy Player Table, like you get in Fantasy Football.

You can see the Defenders who have the most points etc.

I know there's a similar section in Player Stats for the league.

But I think it would be nice to be able to filter them the way you can in Fantasy Football you play on line etc.

That could be another way of seeing or judging players to buy.

I'd like to see it in Points format.

They're just ideas.

I'm open about using Genii scout. I'm not bothered about using it. Nor am I bothered about holidaying past games.

I guess I like to play that way.

It's not a particularly earth shattering suggestion but i was thinking about it the other day for some reason and i thought maybe on the main player profile next to his face or something there would be a picture of the boots he wears.

Also in the players personal profile there could be all of that players sponsorships and endorsements and that could bring in extra money or something.

Also trying to get real companys to sponsor your shirts. At the moment the company is unnamed. It is just "3year kit sponsorship deal". Maybe an option for you, as the manager, to choose the sponsors and for real life sponsors to be in the game.

In the case of Cristiano Ronaldo, Man Utd played a friendly. Man Utd team players where all praising ability of Cristiano Ronaldo, and Ferguson decided to buy him.

This ability should in my opinion be in a future version of the game. Players coming to manager and saying this player we played against is great/has potential.

Someone just asked me why I use Genii Scout.

I do think that managers have some ability to see potential and current abilities of players. They have to right?

And I replied with this long explanation

They are mostly suggestions though

I hope sound is improved this year. After trying out the CM 10 demo, FM has work to do in the sound department. Fans chanting, beating drums, and what not, adds a lot of realism to the game and brings life to the game.

I like the idea of "polish", however every area needs to be polished, not just tactics, transfer system and what not.

I've not really been keeping up with the thread, so this may have been suggested, but what about the idea of being able to hold training matches?

You could take your entire squad, and divide it into two teams, and then select how long you want the match to be. You could take control of both sides, but perhaps you could also assign your assistant or a coach to manage one of the sides. Should you do that, you could either set the playing mentality you want the other side to use, or give them a specific formation.

I think it would be a good way to test tactics, as the only way to do so at the moment is via pre-season friendly or trial by fire in the league. It would also be nice if you could handicap one of the sides (ie. put them a man down) in order to test tactics for specific situations. With the new match analysis feature in FM10, it would provide some pretty valuable feedback on what you need to do to get your team to 100%, as well as giving you an ability to see how best to use your players.

Anyway, just a thought...

I have a wish!

About the Loan deals. Before I make a loan offer I would like to have my assistent manager to make a propose for how much I have to offer (and all the other offer details) if I want to make a Loan deal where I include a "future transfer fee". As it is now I have to "guess" myself how much to offer... Because it can be difficult sometimes!

I will probably get slated for this but as maybe an alternative game mode you could take control of a current manager and use their profile and basically be them. For example you could choose Rafa Benitez and you would take charge of Liverpool using Benitez's in game management attributes. Alternatively you could be someone like Bryan Gunn who starts the game without a job and you have to try and get a job as Bryan Gunn.

I would like it changed for how you praise players (apologies if any of this was changed on 09 as I don't have it).

This seems to have remained the same for many years. I usually try and build a first team squad of 22 players. I create Squad 1 with 11 players and squad 2 with the other 11 players. I then use 5 players from squad 1 as subs for squad 2 and vice versa. I then alternate the squads for each match.

I know it's not realistic to do this, but it does save on players becoming tired and they all remain happy as they play every other game. The problem is, as no player (apart from when injuries strike) plays several games in a row, I am unable to praise them. I might have players who play 30 games a season, but because they don't play enough games in a row I can't praise them or moan at them.

Again it might not be realistic, but surely I should be able to say what I think after even 1 game. It would be great after a game where one of my players has picked up the MOM award and I could say something about that.

I specifically want to be able to 'vent' at my team after a game. I want to be able call a team meeting the day after a match and yell at my strikers (or defenders or midfield) as a positional group and tell them that if they don't improve they will be warming that bench PDQ.

I get sick of games where my team has 100 times more shots that the opp's, yet the opp scores with the one and only shot they have (usually as the result of a 40yd back pass to my keeper from the CB which goes straight to the opp's striker).

I don't want to have a go at the whole squad or any particular player, but if my strikeforce is not doing it, I want to let them know as a group.

I want to be able to apologise to the fans after a game, tell them the team is crap etc and that I won't stand for performance like that. Why is it that players only seem to sulk if you moan? I know many people that after a rollicking will roll up their sleeves, take it on board and make a positive effort to improve. In this game all they do is sulk and say the manager isn't giving the team credit (or something similar).

I would like to be able to tell a player why I am subbing him. I want him to know when he comes off that I think he has been bloody useless or that I am resting him for the next big game etc. I get annoyed when I take my flamboyant winger off to rest him and then after the match he goes off on one. If I'd been able to tell him he's knackered and I need him for the next game, he might be a little less likely to take an unscheduled holiday.

In the same way I would like to be able to have a meeting with a player and tell them that I am transfer listing them because... A) You're crap, B) You're not working hard enough C) Bad for team spirit D) Need the cash E) Different team formation and style, etc

Same for loans.. A) Need you to get some match fitness B) Need you to get experience C) Shop window D) Need to reduce wage bill, etc.

If you also had personality thoughts about a player, that you could combine in, eg. A) I think you're a great player B) I can't stand you C) Too young etc, you could tell a player things like: I think you're a great player but bad for team spirit or, I can't stand you and you're bad for team spirit.

This might help players accept transfers or loans more readily.

At the moment far too much of the game relies on the players throwing their dummies out of the pram. I want the manager (me) to be able to be far more interactive with players if I want to be.

I am looking for two some new tactical options, as follows:

1) The ability to give specific direction instructions to players in order to encourage them to play the middle ground between two positions, or to move more frequently into an adjacent position either on or off the ball. This would be a similar system to the short forward and side arrows in previous FMs but would crucially give explicit encouragement and direction rather than control.

2) Better player swapping controls. I would like the following player swap options: position only / swap instructions / swap position & instructions / alternate forward runs but keep other instructions.

Please see the following discussion threads: 1) Direction Instructions and 2) 2) Better Player Swapping Controls.

Regards,

C.

Small UI improvement: when the news item comes up that lists all the people who applied for your job advertisement, I'd like it to display the essential attributes (physiotherapy for physios, judging ability/judging potential for scouts, etc.) next to their names, so you don't have to click on a name, click back, click on a name, click back... etc to check them.

Pretty sure this has been mentioned before somewhere, but I'd like to be able to swap positions, rather than players, in my tactics. At the moment, the swap positions option means players will switch with each other.

What I want is hard to explain without just using an example:

I'm playing a 4-3-1-2, where the 1 is an AML, the 3 is MC-MC-MR. Say I want the winger (ie AML) to drop back to midfield (ML) and the midfielder (MR) to push forward to a winger (AMR).

Ideally this means my team reacts to attacks on one side of the pitch, but remains relatively defensive on the other side.

All I think needs to be done to implement this is change "Swap Position" to "Swap with Player" and Swap Position becomes the above function.

2) Better player swapping controls. I would like the following player swap options: position only / swap instructions / swap position & instructions / alternate forward runs but keep other instructions.[/url].

Nice to see someone putting my idea more eloquently in a thread :D

Small UI improvement: when the news item comes up that lists all the people who applied for your job advertisement, I'd like it to display the essential attributes (physiotherapy for physios, judging ability/judging potential for scouts, etc.) next to their names, so you don't have to click on a name, click back, click on a name, click back... etc to check them.

Me two. This is a must really and shouldnt take too long to do.

I want non-playing staff contracts changed or modeled to match country specific rules

When taking over a club at the beginning of a game, non-playing staff to be on a rolling contracts

for AI clubs, when manager is fired, resigns, or switching clubs, some people from non-playing staff to quit their jobs for various reasons

I know this has probably been mentioned before but I like the idea of having birthdays in the game.

For instance, we could get a message through our inbox saying it's a players birthday and he's really up for the match today and said player's morale will be superb. If we don't normally play him, we may play him and he'll pop in a birthday goal and even have in the commentary: "A birthday goal! he'll be delighted with that one!"

I don't know, just a little touch of realism. I remember Lampard I think scored a goal on his recent birthday and the commentator kept bangin' on about it.

I don't mean make a big fuss about having birthdays and scoring birthday goals, it would be just nice if it was just there.

I want non-playing staff contracts changed or modeled to match country specific rules

When taking over a club at the beginning of a game, non-playing staff to be on a rolling contracts

for AI clubs, when manager is fired, resigns, or switching clubs, some people from non-playing staff to quit their jobs for various reasons

I think this should happen. In real life most manager have their own set of coaches and these coaches follow them whereever they go. I think SI can try to adapt similar relationships so that when a manager leaves the club his favoruite staff members ( if there is any ) will leave with him. Also it should be somehow easy to get rid of existing staff members when you join a new club. In real life in in most cases when a new manager arrives he brings a new Ass Manager and old ones are fired if they still remain there.

2) Repuations can be a little slow to adjust in my opinion. I have sheffield united in the upper quarter of the premiership for a while (its 2025) and im facing a constant cycle of find good player, he becomes good, higher reputation club comes sniffing - he goes. This is understandable if it were clubs like arsenal or ac millan as i accept theyh have higher repuations but clubs like everton who ive finished higher than for over 5 seasons should be percieved by my players as being a bigger club.

YES PLEASE!!!

Oh, another quick and easy thing to implement about scouting:

A "minimum stars" filter for scouting players.

I'm sick and tired of having my 15 JPA/JPP scouts flooding their assignements with tons of useless 19-years olders with a global rating of 3* and a CA of 1* (or worse, 6 silver *).

Hell, I'm looking for either potential First Team players or for good prospects... A 3* guy can barely make it to the bench in moments of emergency... How do I need to read the reports about DOZENS of mediocre players with no future at a high level?

For the game to know where the away fans are. It really bugs me when I concede a goal at Elland Road and the other players run to the Kop (on the right of the screen) and the commentary says 'He's running over to the [away team] fans'. Also for it to know thats the Leeds end and say 'right in front of the Kop' or 'the Kop goes wild'.

And for stadiums to have an attribute of the atmosphere, eg San Siro and the Old Den have a more intimidating atmosphere than newer stadiums which should have an effect on visiting teams.

Sometimes it would be useful to have a 'call to arms' type button, so you can tell the fans to come and cheer the team on if you're fighting relegation with a few games left which would work if your players had good composure and would backfire if they don't.

Should definately have manager team bonding activities, like take the team for a meal if they win a derby game or something, also have improved youth set-up, like youth camps all over the world, and training camps.

FM09 makes it quite hard to sell players sometimes too, i'd like that to be improved so i can afford some young tallent! lol.

i would also like to be able to be able to declare intrest in jobs even if the clubs current manager is very stable etc.

Affiliated clubs should be able to be chose by the manager, like the pick as favourite team option.

And also a nice effect would be if a player is injured the manager can visit, or on a players birthday, just some manager-player time

I'd like to see an improvement on ground improvements, would it be possible to store the names of the stands?

At the moment you get a random message something like "The South/West/East/North Stand capacity has been increased by x" and also gets done far too quickly.

It would feel so much more realistic if the names of each stand for every stadium were stored in the game, so for an example when Villa Park gets increased the message would read something like "The the Holte End capacity will be increased by 4000 and will take 6 months to complete".

I think it would add so much more to the game, and the success would be far more satisfactory when you could see the club grow realistically like this.

This could be taken a step further by having the researchers for each club look into exactly which stand would be the ideal candidate for improvement, and what the grounds maximum capacity could be before deciding on moving to a whole new stadium. The game would then use building steps…

Still using Villa Park as an example, the first step would be the demolishing of the North Stand and rebuilding it. The North stand is outdated and currently holds about 7000. It would mean a reduced capacity to 35000 for say about a year, and the new North Stand (which could be renamed – its normally the stands that are named after players, not stadiums) would have a capacity of 15000 taking the ground capacity up to 50000.

The only further upgrades then would be to fill the corners between the stands, until reaching a maximum capacity of around 58000.

Im sure this wouldn’t be very difficult to implement and its only text based so wont take up much memory either.

Archived