Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

NEW SCOUTING SYSTEM... Its probably been mentioned but heres my take...

Big clubs have scouts all over the world, bringing in youth to their academies, some how this could be a good feature, although I dont know how. Also when scouts bring back reports, have an option with, "this youngster might be a good investment to sell in a few years....

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Attributes must stay between 1 and 20, 100 would be chaos like Champ Man 5 - don't do it SI!

Completely agree. I doubt you are ever going to treat a player differently because he has 68 Finishing instead of 67. A 1 to 10 scale means the increments are too big...1 to 20 is just perfect.

I think a small and maybe interesting idea would be to have a farewell match for retiring players, that were legends at the club, so you could organize a friendly just like the one there was for Bergkamp where Ajax played against Arsenal..

I would like to see some kind of fan response when selling a fan favorite, icon or legend. I mean if I took over Chelsea and sold Terry and Lampard I don't think the fans would be too happy with me no matter how many wonderkids I bring in. I would like to see them rake me in the press and demand my head.

Signing good players affects the confidence level of the board and fans, selling good players should too.

I would like to see some kind of fan response when selling a fan favorite, icon or legend. I mean if I took over Chelsea and sold Terry and Lampard I don't think the fans would be too happy with me no matter how many wonderkids I bring in. I would like to see them rake me in the press and demand my head.

Signing good players affects the confidence level of the board and fans, selling good players should too.

I agree with that.Right now it doesn't appear to be any downfall for selling club icon.

I am sure if that there would be all kinds of downfall if someone tries to sell/release players like Maldini or Raul out of their clubs, for example.That should be better represented in FM somehow.

i think that if you had the option to request training camps to be built around the world e.g. you went in the board room tab and requested a new training camp to be built and the board came back and gave you a list of countries and you reccoment what country. like how you do with feeder clubs. this would then mean the whole scouting knowledge feature will have even more of a positive effectand it will help the whole scouting system and mean that youth will have more of a chance on the game.

* Official logos for each club in the game (not just the big ones)

* Nicknames for clubs mentioned in club info, example. Halmstads BK = HBK

* A red spot on a map indicates the geographical position of the club

* Graphical representation of the club stadium. Let´s make for example 20 different 3D-models for stadium from the tiny to the biggest in the world, and let these models represents the stadia for the clubs in the game. It would feel like more of an accomplishment if you manage to expand your tiny village stadium with 200 seats into a sprawling complex later on if we could actually see it!

Voice commentary!!! Performed by Andy Gray or any old person hired to read out the text! Now that would be revolutionary!

Would put SI right up there with Infinity Award, Rockstar...for ground breaking achievements.

Graphical Display of the club trophy cabinet at the end of each year.

Like other graphical aspects of the game (logo-packs, face-packs etc...) their could be the option to also create fan-made 'trophy-packs' to further enhance the displaying silverware.

Include other awards too with graphics such as golden boot of the year, Ballon d'Or' etc...

The transfer/contract page and system could do with a face lift.

A lot of wording throughout the game need's sharpening from team-talks to manager interactions.

'Kick over tea trolley' would maybe feel a bit more real then just clicking on 'Show anger at team'.

Manager interaction : A bit of Mourinho mischief, Ferguson mind-games, Rafa's 'fact' rants...wheres the wit and sense of humor!

At key stages of the season instead of just 'Title Race Hot's Up' how about an actual analysis of the season to that point? would make every season seem that much different.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but here's my big wish for FM10:

Tempo, width, time wasting & defensive line should be located directly on the match screen, so you can change them on short notice, without going into the team instructions in the tactics section. Also, team passing, team mentality and team closing down (team instructions) should be relative to the individual settings you've already given your players; if your FCd has got a mentality of 10 and your FCa has got 14, and you move team mentality two notches above normal, they should have mentalities of 12 & 16 respectively!

These small changes would help the tactics interface becoming a more pleasant experience. They way it's now, changing tactics takes really many clicks if you havent created multiple tactics beforehand.

This should be a fairly easy implemented change, that really makes the tactics (arguably the most important part of the game) easier to control. I'm not after making the game any easier in itself, only making it more accessible and user friendly.

The CM series used to have commentary - i believe it was Clive Tyldesley? - but it just gets too repetitive. One thing i would like to see is a more realstic player ratings system. Currently, the performance of your players seems to be too much based on previous performances - i know its only one factor but it seems too important. And yet the match engine has it so that a striker who has a stinker and is playing at, say, 5.4 until the 90th minute when he scores a penalty, often ends up with something like 7.6 which means he gets a boost for the next few games despite having had a total shocker. Needs looking at.

But yeah, the commentary is very unlikely to return any time soon - it just gets repetitive.

Oh and Ottey swe, that's BRILLIANT! I have been fiddling a lot lately with the sliders and it does take a lot of time. In-game sliders and, in particular, the relative team settings, would make the actual games SO much easier!

thank you! I've had this in mind for some time, and the way it is now I wont bother with mentality changes during the match as it's just too timeconsuming.. changing mentality, closing down, and passing for 11 players makes it 33 clicks in all!

Hi all, this is my first post in the wishlist so be gentle ;) But seriously, im up for any feedback, be it criticism or praise, let me know what you think

This is the original thread

So here is my idea:

As you are all aware, there was much speculation of what team Alex Ferguson would pick to play against Hull in the last game of the season, Ferguson picked a capable side, but left out a few key players, now as we know, Villa beat Newcastle, but what if Newcastle beat Villa, and Hull beat this weaker United site, imagine the stick that Ferguson would get from all of the Newcastle fans, and it is very likely, that Newcastle boss Shearer would criticize Ferguson for his tactics.

I played with Millwall this year on FM, and won promotion with 6 games to go, one of my remaining games include Leeds away, but since i was still in the FA Cup, i wanted to rest all of my first 11. Leeds needed to win to keep their promotion chase alive, so when i fielded all of my youth team, Leeds not surprisingly ran out winners 3-1. Southend could do nothing about this, as they slipped down to third. Leeds eventually won promotion, by winning all of their remaining games. Now, southend also won all of their remaining games, so if i would of picked my strongest 11 (No boasting) i would of beaten or at least held leeds to a draw, this would of gave Southend promotion. The southend boss couldnt criticise my tactics, as this feature is not in the game. I would love to see this feature in the game, where managers, along with already being able to praise and criticise managers via the manager interaction link, be able to criticise managers tactics/squad selection for their previous game.

What do you think?

Updated odds.

My team is now on top of the leagues, unbeaten for last 13 games, winning 10 of it. And media prediction in information screen keep saying i will finish 9th. They even already doomed me on the ninth before transfer windows ends :D And my opponent alway get fav odds, eventhough i almost always win comfortably.

If only the bookies are as stupid as the AI.

- More leagues. Preferably lots of African ones and some of the more obscure European ones.

- Quicker regeneration of players in leagues that don't start with any (i.e. in unplayable leagues).

- Complete overhaul of player regeneration, with new crops of more balanced players better reflecting their real-life counterparts.

The ability to buy clubs with your earnt money! After a successful managerial career, you could retire and become chairman of a club you could afford to buy, and then appoint a manager or manage yourself.. This would of course make you unsaccable, and you would be in total control of the club..

And to people saying this can already be done in fifa manager or some other game, I want to do it with the real game, FM.

The ability to buy clubs with your earnt money! After a successful managerial career, you could retire and become chairman of a club you could afford to buy, and then appoint a manager or manage yourself.. This would of course make you unsaccable, and you would be in total control of the club..

And to people saying this can already be done in fifa manager or some other game, I want to do it with the real game, FM.

lol as if you'd earn that much money.

I think that the tactics interface could be improved. For the setpieces, I propose that you have the 2D-pitch and could manually place out the players where you want them to be in relation to the setpiece-taker. Also, you could with this interface give more detailed instructions to your setpiece-taker. For example, if freekicks are near penalty area, you want your freekick-taker to try to get it into the net. From a more distant angle, you could instruct him to aim a pass/cross to a player of your choice.

This interface could also be used when choosing man-marking. You have the two formations against each other on a 2D-pitch and could then click directly on the pitch on the opposing player you want to man-mark.

No need new features. Improves the existing one

a) Make the 3D match look better

b) Scouting and assistant report can improved

c ) Don't ask same question in press conference. The tactical approach should only been ask at the start of the seasons. Look at the team goals and conceded at the end of the seasons whether they follow the tactic they told at the start

How about FM introduce a feature whereby instead of player pictures you can get a graphical version of the back of their shirt? Surely it would be a good way for users to avoid downloading facepacks, and it would be better than a plain screen. It would surely be pretty easy to implement, and would mean i didn't have to get rid of Jordan Tabor from Chelsea on a free to avoid seeing his monstrous face! It would also mean that you don't go through your squad and see players in barcelona shirts etc when your playing in the premiership...

EG.

2408344554_7e4ee98eee.jpg

How about the option to go on a course to learn a new language? say for example I have been managing my whole career in england but decide that I want to go manage in france it would be good to be able to have an option to go on a course to learn french (or what ever language you require) you could have the media ask you a question about it matchday or a rumour appear that 'x' has been taking french lessons fueling reports he is primed to take over at 'french club with either no manager or underpressure manager', lots of ways you could go with it as well.

Imo its the little things that make a difference, my only other suggestion is that the media interaction is expanded, instead of 5 answers have say 7 options.

Apologies if this has been suggested already, there is a massive amount of posts here and I simply don't have time to read all of them, but after skimming, I think these suggestions might be worthwhile:

I would love it if there were interviews with magazines and/or other media. It would really add depth to the media side of the game, that isn't there in Press Conferences. For instance if you are playing as a League One team, and you are building a team which is progressing nicely, perhaps a magazine might be interested in interviewing you etc. Similarly if your managing a big club, obviously you will be asked to do more interviews. It would be a nice feature if you were to get paid for such media appearances.

Similarly I think there should be the aim of broadening the depth of questions posed in press conferences. It can be a little tedious answering the same questions.

I'll post more when I think of them. I was just playing and I thought that maybe these additions to the media might make a little difference :)

This has probably been said, but i think it is is an essential feature.

I would love to interact with a potential signing at the contract stage - especially when 10 other clubs want the same player. Managing Luton, I constantly lose out to bigger teams when trying to buy or loan players. It would basically work like the press conferences, and we would tell the player where he would fit into the team (key player, rotation, bench-warmer, future star etc) why he should join us (challenging for promotion, european qualification for top tier, etc).

IRL many players would be happy to be a regular for a lesser team, rather than backup to a big team

Here in Greece, the former coach of AEK Giorgos Donis came out and said after he was fired 1/3 into the season that he had an impossible task, as he started the pre-season with a different squad than he ended it off with. Essentially what happened was that all the transfers of players in and out took place late, so 7 players he started off the campaign with were sold, and were replaced gradually taking up time all the way until the end of August.

Olympiacos was also late in making its key signings, and it probably cost them their lack of qualification to the Champions League group stages for the first time in 13 years.

If you observe now, squads want to make their key signings as early as possible, so the new signings can be part of the ENTIRE pre-season campaign, where a coach works on tactics, gets to know players etc. Thus, I would like somehow for managers who are astute and make their signings immediately upon the end of the season, before the next season starts, to have some sort of advantage, since technically they would have spent their entire pre-season with the squad, rather than have players come and go in between... Pre-season needs to be given a bigger emphasis and there should be some sort of added tactical bonus you can do during that period, where you watch the training and criticise players, offer them suggestions to change their playing styles etc.

I've been playing the cm/fm series since cm2-3 and I have to say I like how the game has developed since then. I think the including of the 3D match engine was a good thing, although I still stick to 2D classic.

Sub team-talks

1. As previously mentioned I'd like the ability to give instructions (team talks) to players being subbed and brought onto the pitch, like during half-time talks.

"Make available for reserve team"-option

2. I don't know if it's been mentioned before, or If I'm the only one struggling with it, but after installing the 9.0.3 patch, I suddenly lost the "Make available for reserves" option when right clicking my players. I remember it was an option with: Make available for reserves: 1) until match-fit

2) for 1 week

3) for 2 weeks

I'd also like a 4th option for players I'd like to have ready for a certain 1st team match, say I want Ronaldinho to be match fit to my match against Barcalona, then with that option you force the reserve coach to use him. Taking control of the reserve team takes too much time.

Now the only way to define which players will be set for the reserve team is through the newspost on the matchday of the reserves, which is extremely annoying.

Having a huge squad and only 18 selected players (11 field+7subs) means I have to first select my match lineup. Then press "Make selected players unavailable for reserve match" and "Make substitutes unavailable for reserve match." I also press "make all unselected players available for reserves."

Then I have to give the people in my A squad which I don't want to play either A or B squad match selections and go to the newspost again and press "make selected players unavailable for reserve match."

Some people might think "why not just let the players you're not gonna use in your first team match play your reserve match?" - Well, sometimes players are recovering from an injury (orange inj icon) and I want them to fully heal before being matched. Aswell as during tight match schedules I want several options on each position if injuries were to occur to key players.

Your own managerial stats

3. They just don't make any sense. I want to be able to compare myself to other managers. Financial control and club/player lojalty could still be there, but I want stats as other managers have. F.ex you could have working with youngsters read off your youth team and your youngsters/younger players. If they like you, the stats would be high. Social attributes, motivating and disciplin linked to how the team responds to team talks and comments to the media, tactical how your tactics work with the players etc.

And the other ratings from how well gk's and defending is from the training improvements of your players.

This way I feel it would be more interesting and easier to read off how you perform and where you could improve, when comparing yourself to rival managers.

Able to pick favorite players/clubs/staff during games

4. While players and staff bond and connect with eachother during the seasons, I think you as a manager should be able to make players and staff on the "Good relationship" tab.

Inspect contract offered to players waiting for transfer completion

5. During the start of the game I often find myself offering contracts to many players at the same time, and re-assuring yourself that you didn't offer a player a rediculous amount of money for sign on fee f.ex, could help out. Not a big issue just for overall feel of control.

I know theres more ideas I've thought of before but forgotten, but Its late and I'm getting ready for work so I'll have to edit/make a new post with the rest of my ideas.

If anyone bothered reading through please comment on the ideas, if I'm twisted or If I'm onto something.

Thanks for a great game :thup:

In light of the recent debates of Messi vs. Ronaldo etc etc, it got me thinking about how players are rated potentially in FM. The fact that if a player gets faster, it impacts on his ability to improve technically is pretty unrealistic. What if all players had 3 potential ability numbers, one for technical, one for mental and one for physical? That would allow for greater freedom with player creation.

I know the work to re-evaluate every player in the game would be colossal, I just wanted to see what other people thought of this.

I only play FM 06, so maybe this has been changed by now...

Can SI please obtain license from UEFA to use the actual names and logos of the tournaments? We should have "Champions League" and "UEFA Cup" instead of some invented "Champions Cup" ans "Euro Cup"...

If SI get license, maybe they can use the actual logos and that cool CL-intro with the impressive title song?

Also, the list of attributes are definietly a staggering and bewildering thing to overcome for a newcomer to the game, and SI definietly has made little effort to help.

My suggestion:

If you click on an attribute (for player or staff) in their profile, you will get a new screen, which contains:

* A picture with a simple graphical representation of the attribute (for instance, a player tackling for the "tackling"-attribute)

* An in-depth description of the attribute and its role in the game

* A classification of the attribute (based on the training categories already used in the game), for instance "composure" should be classed as "Mental, Attacking"

* An advice for which type of players or positions this attribute is essential for

Also, on the squad screen you should be able to pick out whatever stats you like and also summarize them borth horizontally and vertically. I might just want to pick my penalty-takers and sort out the attributes essential for this. Then I may want to summarize the stats for each player in these attributes to get an overall score. The vertical score would be useful for example to see how good your entire squad is at "stamina". You could then get an overall score for the entire squad, making it easier to see what your team must improve upon.

Also, in the training screen, it would be nice if the assistant manager had some advice on what your players should train on.

For example, you pick out your Attacking Midfielder, and your Assistant Manager will say something like:

"Player X has a lot of talent, and may develop into a potential playmaker. I suggest we focus on training tactics and ball control on this player"

another thing that i think needs to change is board takeovers, there too brief! a new feature should be brought in where some members of the board buy more and more shares in preperation for a takeover e.g. arsenal's situation atm. this would then give you extra funds and a realistic approach to how board members take over a football club. they take their time waiting for the right moment. plus another feature should be that every now and then shareholders put in money to help the club progress an example would be at sunderland with Short putting in an extra £50m to help with transfers. i think therefore adding this little feature to the game would add abit more realism. i know that there is a feature that when your bank balance is below a certain point then the chairman steps in and puts in £xm to bolster it but this is only for teams like man city. im saying that board members should be more active in board takeovers or just helping the club progress.

well, i'd like to see on new features of the game the possibility to be a player (with the possibility to be a coach/manager in the future), a simply coach (only turned to the tactics and training and including youth teams coach), a sporting director (only turned to the financial strategy of the team) and the both two that is what actually happens. it could be like a career that starts as player only having games and training sessions and answering questions to improve the mental atributtes. next, with the experience and graduations, the player could become a coach/sporting director/manager by choose.

the chairman/sporting director could also buy players by himself without consentiment of manager/couch having questions of press to warm up the relationship between them. (not my idea, but i liked)

it could also have a way to spend the money earned (on family or buing a team in case of earn too much money). (idem)

in case of the frame, tactics and market transfeers i've seen ideas that liked, but i don't have a based idea for that.

There are some great ideas on this thread however a lot fo them seem to be edging towards the fifa manager style, the whole reason I love Fm is because it isnt like Fifa manager.

I would love to see;

1 - youth camps all over the world like chelsea are doing in india now,

2 - more youth leagues maybe just under 16s and under 14s so you can watch players progress.

3 - Press conferences need more questions, i cant be bothered answering the same questions week in week out.

4 - When joining a new club being able to bring your backroom staff and setting short term and long term targets.

5 - Bring back board choices in players, i.e clubs will give you extra money for a big name signing and chairman bringing players in like at hearts.

6 - Players are happy to go on loan even if you have just bought them, especially if they are young players.

7 - Not have to be at a club for years to choose the type of feeder club you want.

8 - Tell players your view on their performances in private rather than blabbing to the papers.

On a side note I always wanted a game for the whole of the premier league, you start in 1992 and the players generate as they did in the real world. how cool would it be playing a couple years then being able to buy a 17 year old shearer for peanuts. Imagine the players you could manage at your favourite clubs, trying to keep cantona from retiring. the players would start at the clubs they originally did.

Just one off of the the top of my head. Players going through a scoring drought just happen to find their form against your team. Has happened 11 times this season to my team. Some of the players were going through as much as 10 hours of not scoring only to find the net against my team. The best one was Theo Walcott who hadn't scored in 13 hours, but no problems scoring 4 against me in the CL final. Perhaps this kind of thing should be toned down a bit, just a thought.

I haven't read all 40 odd pages so forgive me if I've repeated any suggestions here.

I think that the whole personality thing is a really good feature of the game and would ultimately like to see that expanded meaning that your actions can have long standing effects on what you can do in the game.

I'd like to see myself appearing as favored member of staff after taking the likes of Bristol Rovers to the Premier League - and possibly for this to be reflected with a rival side, such as Bristol City, hating me.

Much in the same way as modern managers take their coaching team with them when changing clubs I'd like to be able to do the same. This could provide opportunities to strengthen and weaken relationships with other members of staff. Similarly you could give your blessing to assistants taking over and your old club or taking a higher position elsewhere.

On a smaller note it would be nice to know how much compensation was paid for me when I take over elsewhere.

As far as transfers go, I can understand the complexities involved may stand in the way but offering players on loan as part of an overall transfer fee, ad similarly joint player deals would be a good idea.

On the loan side of things though I think a lot more could be done in actively encouraging players to go out to club X. At the moment it seems a bit strange that a decent player in my reserves consistently refuses to go on loan to a Championship side.

Oh, and sending/exchanging coaches to and from feeder clubs could be an option to help staff progress. Sending a 1st team coach out to Spain could give him knowledge of the Spanish game and maybe increase his technical coaching stats.

Similarly it could be an idea to share scouting information with your primary feeder club and help draw their attention to better players etc.

Archived