Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there should be some sort of Stadium Editor.

Like in LMA Manager.

That would be great, as you could choose where you want to re-develop and choose what you want the new stands/stadium to look like it would be great.

The choice of what kit you play in aswell.

I like the taking a coaching course idead to get better atributes for Attackin/Defending etc etc

That would mean you have all the stats like the res of the managers.

And a youth school system sounds great.

I think we should have a TROPHY CABINET. For our career we should have a page where we can look at replica trophies that we have won down the years, with a little bit of information about winning it next to it.

Also finances need to be looked at better, possibly focasting revenue for the season and limits on add on fees on contracts as my teams have ended up in debt in the past despite me staying under the wage budget.

A players favourite tactic and role, and have time to re adjust to, and possibly players response to magor changes/new tactics&formation. Also, and this is mostly coz i'm doing well in real life, a Sun Dream Team or league equivalent, where you can chose who you think will be the stars of that seasons league. Also, some way of me (the manager) and my attributes having some influence on players development (attack, defence, fitness etc). Apart from that great, great game

I would like to see more emphasis on the media unsettling a player over a possible, or "rumoured" transfer....rather than the current 'wnt' sign that hangs over every player worth their salt, promptly unsettling said player, causing them to refuse a new contract and to inevitably leave the club.

Probably a radicle suggestion, seeing as the 'wnt' sign has been there throughout. My reasoning is that I like to sign good players, as I'm sure do most people that play FM. However, it becomes quite frustrating when every season I'll have at least 6 first teamers wanted by random clubs. I'll always sell the players in question because they want to move to a bigger club and end up unhappy....but my annoyance is that I'm ranked 29th best club in Europe and always compete in the Champions League, and my players still leave for clubs like VFL Bochum and Ankaracu in Turkey...who compete in the UEFA cup at best. Bochum are ranked 169th in Europe!

I think that in real life players don't usually know which clubs might be interested in them, other than paper talk, so it would be nice to increase the emphasis on rumours and media coverage regarding possible transfers, and to also increase the player interactions revolving around the possible rumoured transfers.

Players leaving for bigger clubs should be more realistic too.

Some find FM09 too difficult and others find it very playable.

(Personally I find it very playable. The problem is that I keep on winning, but I did read through the tactical guides.)

SI will have to find a way to satisfy both the people who want more simple, straightforward game 'right-from-the-box' and those who want a more in-depth, more realistic football game.

As was mentioned before Civilization seems to have been able to help solve the problem by having difficulty levels.

FM could use that or it could have more options. These would turn on/off different aspects of the game that you want to play.

Perhaps someone doesn't want to bother with crossing. There could be an option where Crossing would be turned off and the AI would take care of it. Those who want a more in-depth game could have the Crossing option left on and he would take care of it himself, as is done currently in FM09. (Any situations where you ask your Assistant Manager for advice would still always be there. That would not be removed in any option where you decide to do things yourself.)

There are many other option possibilities (e.g. running with ball, through balls etc.) and even mentality, passing style etc. could have on/off options.

In this way the more casual players would be satisfied while the more 'hard-core' would also be happy.

i think i have a good idea, bear with me though.

how about a drop-down box on the add manager that lets you choose the "involvement level"

i.e.

"little" - in charge of tactics, training, transfers etc but not in-depth. (no press conferences etc)

"medium" - as the game is now

"complete" - ability to: choose size of new stadiums. adjust ticket prices, set seasonal transfer/wage budget,

and maybe add a note saying "for a more realistic managerial experience, then choose medium."

I think that the club should show criteria for building a new stadium (ie. what your average attendance has to be, how much money in the bank, etc.) I'm very frustrated with my inability to expand my current stadium after 7 years of near maximum attendance and over 100 million pounds in the bank. A little more communication from the board would be nice.

Dunno if this has been mentioned, I really don't feel like reading through 39 pages, but for places like Berwick, which is really close to a border of another country(in this case Scotland) maybe the regen engine needs to take geography into account. When it gives me English regens, it obiously already does this, with the majority of regens coming from Berwick and the rest of Northumberland, but when it comes to Scottish regens the guys you get seem to come from random places. For instance while Coldstream is closer to Berwick than Newcastle, you're more likely to get someone from say Glasgow or Aberdeen.

Not an important thing, really, but it's worth looking into, I reckon, especially for places say like Belgium and Holland. Maybe the game can do a quick scan of the town DB to check what towns etc. in other countries are in like a 30-60 mile radius of a place when making regens, rather than just for towns in that nation.

I don't know if it was mentioned before but I believe that the idea of having levels of difficulty can be implemented into the game. It can be done fairly easy via the amount of input, or the accuracy of the input, the human player can have from the coaching staff. Suppose a player with little or no knowledge of soccer were to play the game, the natural choice for such a player would be one of the top teams in the league. The top teams usually have an excellent coaching staff, experienced and versatile players, excellent training facilities. Thus, with very little input from the human manager, a top team should be able to have a good season. This means that an inexperienced human player could choose to have the assistant manager and coaching staff give large amounts of accurate information, such as: best formation given the current squad, best tactics for each player, best training schedule, best transfers and so on. The human player can choose to follow the advice or not and thus still having to manage the team in a way. But even with all the advice from the AI this would not result in automatic victories. The reason is simple, not even Mourinho wins all the time, meaning that even the best assistant manager can have his off day.

On the opposite side of the spectrum an experienced human player ca choose a realistic input from the assistant manager, or choose to manage a team with little money and weaker coaching staff, thus the human player will have to make all the decisions unassisted. By varying the amount of input, or/and accuracy, the coaching staff has, different levels of difficulty can be achieved in the game. Even in FM2009 the coaching staff is still underused, it gives the impression that the manager is some sort of dictator, which I'm sure is not the case in real life. Also, when things go wrong it is unclear why.

Another thing that I would like to see in the game is more pressure from the fans and club management. At this time in the game the human manager can come in and sell the top players from the club without much interference from anybody. I think this could be a very good addition to the game, it would be easier to achieve results with a top team but with a penalty, fans become attached to the star players and the human manager will be somewhat limited when choosing the first team and transfers.

However the most annoying thing is the limited amount of information the human player gets from the game. For example with one click of the mouse I should be able to get info on the pitch the game is played on, info such as size and condition. In FM2009 I have no clue on the condition of the pitch, if it suited to a fast game or maybe the pitch is in bad condition and I have to play a more direct game.

And lastly, games against weaker teams should be revised, training really should be improved and sliders must go.

Guest MattJasina

Well in my opionion there are somethings that i would include:

1) Manager's playing career, like the players e.g. 1988/1989: Arsenal, but also have international record and any competions won

2) Have foreign training camps i.e AC Milan in Dubai, or Poland in Portugal

3) More friendly tournements i.e Railway Cup in Russia

4)Youth Accademies in foreign countries,so more regens from different counties, so you can handpick them yourself

5)Loaning players who have not got a work perit, to clubs which are not your feeders i.e Manucho to Panithanikos Athens

Fixtures need a huge revamp. I'm playing as United and for a start the world club cup was played a week earlier than in real life which meant that my champions league group game got moved forward a week (fine), my league cup 5th round got moved back a week (fine) which then made my premier league fixture replayed at every weekend that there was an fa cup fixture and the re-arranged again as soon as I made the next round of the FA Cup.

Now this is irritating in itself but in my current season, that being the 4th, I've had 2 fixtures re-arranged from the start of the season constantly, Arsenal and Liverpool away. So instead of playing these at the end of august and middle of december as originally planned, I am now at the end of March without playing either of them! Which basically means that as seems to happen every season I have to play these ones plus the home fixtures plus chelsea away plus man city away (my hardest fixtures) all within the same month and in amongst the champions league latter stages.

So.... my suggestion is that we get to choose when we re-arrange our re-arranged fixtures (as clubs do in real life). I've had so many opportunities to play these games earlier but the game seems intent on putting them altogether at the end of the season. One of my re-arrnaged fixtures against arsenal happened during the african cup of nations and was cancelled the day before because of international call-ups... even though arsenal played all their other games just fine!!! Conspiracy i tell u!

Don't get me started on the absolutely unnecessary referee mistakes: 'they feel that should have been a penalty!!'.

What's the point of that when you have no way of knowing if it's true or not? I'm supposed to know that one stick figure fouled another stick figure in the box? Please get rid of that!

I would like to see more indepth international management. For example, your assistant should be able to advise "inform" players for squad selection - think Carlton Cole. This should only be restricted to the top flight league in the country for obvious reasons - a League 2 striker in the England Squad?!

Also I would like to see more player interaction - "Player X needs to up his game if he wants to be selected" or "Player Y's recent form will be rewarded with a call-up."

This has also been suggested, but I will say it again - club managers suggesting their players for a call up - again only suitable for top-flight teams

Some great ideas in here btw

I've always wanted to see more African Leagues in FM. How about Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana etc, etc ? There are 50-odd countries in Africa, and so far only South Africa as a playable league. While I appreciate there may be little interest in leagues from countries like Botswana and Mauritius, surely some of the major leagues could be included - then we could have the African Champions League, and the chance to take the likes of Al Ahly or Etoile Sahel to the top of their continental tree.

I also look forward to the return of the Japanese League, and perhaps leagues like Thailand.

Probably won't happen, but it would be nice.

when making a board request, e.g. upgrade training facilities, the board will decide whether they want to do it.

What i want to add is that if the board agreed, then they should tell the manager the approximate cost and duration about the upgrade, then asked the manager whether he wants to do it.

More realistic AI managers? I'll give an example. One of my friends poached a wonderkid from another club in the same division for some pittance of compensation (I think he said 1.5 Million £) in the first season. No reaction from the AI manager and no "has a low opinion of you" on the manager's profile page.

Shouldn't he be angrier than that given that his player was valued at 9 or 10ish million £ and left for not even 25% of that? Maybe the press could ask him about it at the next press conference and he could call you a few names and storm out?

I would like to be able to state my ambitions to a player when negotiating contracts to try and persuade them to join my club. For example, you might have a player who has the ability to play at a higher level, and wouldn't ordinarily want to come to your club, but if you were to say that you intend to be playing at that level next season, they're more willing to join you. There could be a drop-down on the contract negotiations screen that says what you intend to do in the coming season, like "get promoted to league x", or "qualify for european competition".

However if it starts looking like you're not going to fulfill that ambition then they could start becoming more and more unsettled and ask to be transfer-listed.

I'd like to see more manager-specific stats, for example:

the option to see head-to-head comparison with managers like you can get with clubs. What's my head-to-head record against Man Utd in the Mourinho era, for instance? Or what's my all-time head-to-head with Mourinho himself?

also, the records for the club during a managerial era.

Also, I've got a bit of a home unbeaten streak going, and I'd like to be able to follow that.

Dunno if its been mentioned, But I would like players to be able to approach you directly.

Instead of always via the media!

Instead of the "Rooney demands new contract" and you get to respond via the papers - keep that option, but allow them to also do it other ways...

i.e. Wayne Rooney has come to your office to ask about the possibilities of getting an improved contract.

Its a lot more professional and more realistic. Maybe if he gets denied he will then go to media? Or maybe it could be dependant on a personality trait like professionalism or something

It just seems wierd that all communication that you get from you players is via from the media. No Man U player IRL has the balls to speak out against ferguson - And are often sold if they do (Ruud vN, Becks ect) Or look at the Arsenal/Gallas situation... And players who go directly to the media often get delt with! - I always slam my players that go public in my games...

But you could also extend it to other things. ie Rooney would like to know his chances of playing in the next match against his old club everton, Or more game time or loads of other options... But allow some actual player interaction.

An add on to the acadamy thing... In there acadamy you can have players 14 and under. These players would be the future future and would allow clubs to create a little Messi from Somalia. Also, it would allow the intoduction of high profile 12 year olds such as Zidane's kid and stuff like that...

I have a couple of additions i'd like to see in future FM games.

Firstly I'd like to be able to scout players in all of their positions(much like the option in the coach reports) also I'd like to see the scout compare potential new signings against the player that you intend them to replace rather than just the best player in that position.

I'd also like to see the introduction of some more clauses when buying players such as leaving a player at his old club on loan.

Dunno if its been mentioned, But I would like players to be able to approach you directly.

Instead of always via the media!

Instead of the "Rooney demands new contract" and you get to respond via the papers - keep that option, but allow them to also do it other ways...

i.e. Wayne Rooney has come to your office to ask about the possibilities of getting an improved contract.

Its a lot more professional and more realistic. Maybe if he gets denied he will then go to media? Or maybe it could be dependant on a personality trait like professionalism or something

It just seems wierd that all communication that you get from you players is via from the media. No Man U player IRL has the balls to speak out against ferguson - And are often sold if they do (Ruud vN, Becks ect) Or look at the Arsenal/Gallas situation... And players who go directly to the media often get delt with! - I always slam my players that go public in my games...

But you could also extend it to other things. ie Rooney would like to know his chances of playing in the next match against his old club everton, Or more game time or loads of other options... But allow some actual player interaction.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great Idea, not sure why it hasn't been implemented before

A couple of my own ideas:

- Building on whats been said before about visible managers, you can choose what kind of manager you are in terms of clothing - for example are you a suit-wearing kinda guy or prefer the tracksuit?

- Also, I've said this before, but I'll post it here too, why not have an optional box to tick at the beginning of the game (like 'start with real players' and 'use key staff' and 'enable attribute masking') to take out attributes altogether? IMO it would be more realisitic as IRL managers don't have sheets in front of them with attributes on them. Players would then have to use their footballing knowledge more, their scouts more, and watch these players play, which is more realistic

I know this would not float everyone's boat, hence it is an optional box to tick

Instead of accruing knowledge of countries that can often seem random and inexplicable, we need something that explains where our knowledge has come from so that we don't have to work it out for ourselves. Apparently, there is something that tells you the source of knowledge you have, but in another thread, someone posted about how they were told the source of their knowledge of St. Lucia, but they didn't see what connected them to that person. We need something that provides proper explanations.

Knowledge - This could be done depening on what leagues you have loaded and how may times you visit the league table of a certain country and how many players you click on in that country. The more frequently you do it the better the knowledge you get.

Scout reports - vairy the preset language they use it's all the same. Also if I want to buy comeone who can play anywhere in midfield the scout shouldn't report them playing right mid if i want to play him left mid.

Team styles - The game should have plays built in for specific clubs: short quick passing for arsenal, fast counter attacking play for Manchester United. These would be very hard to play against and would have to resmble exactly how they play in real life so at least we recognise the teams on the pitch. There could be loads of other ones built in up for grabs so you could practice in training and after a long time the players would perfect it and use it in a match.

Training - Be able to set day to day training and what happens. This could be done using a timetable.

Be able to force players to stay behind after training to work on new moves

Be able to set training times and when players arrive

Intensive training for a season or 2 with an average player should make him a lot better, and potentially world class or quite near to.

Manager - As a manager be able to have all the attack, defence, keeper coaching stats that other coaches have. We should start low and be able to take courses to improve them.

Board room - monthy meetings with the board and be able to ask them to take out a loan to match your ambitions but this would put more pressure on you. This would be easier than waiting for a tycoon.

Have an unsackable option

Assistant feedback - all of this means nothing and there is too much to make it useful. In real life assistants don't give you the same info match after match. Also if i'm playing short passes then my assistant tells me we are playing too many long balls...

Fun - Make there more things to do apart from playing matches and singing players eg stadium design, kit design, pick a sponsor ( a real one or at least a fake one which could be easilly editable), work on tactics during training and see progression.

3d match - make the players "softer" and easier on the eye.

-make every ball that could be played in real life playable on the pitch

-be able to grow the grass long or short (to suit playing style) or long in the corners to hold up the ball for wingers

Make every club different to manage. At the moment it's all the same. In real life different clubs have different cultures eg Manchester United used to have a drinking culture and this changed when Ferguson came. In a foreign league some words like "squad" and "tactics" could be in the language of the country you're maning in, making it more realistic.

we should be able to offer players short term contracts instead of 1year deals

why not have the england C squad in the game

http://www.thefa.com/England/NationalGameXI/

its a major ambition of non league playersto play in the england C squad

clubs secertary will ask the manager if he wants to book the team intpo a hotel for long journey

maybe we could use it in game and it could affect the results and players fitness levels

An add on to the acadamy thing... In there acadamy you can have players 14 and under. These players would be the future future and would allow clubs to create a little Messi from Somalia. Also, it would allow the intoduction of high profile 12 year olds such as Zidane's kid and stuff like that...

any player under 16 yrs of age is automatically deleted from the database.. this idea will never ever work.

I am currently managing Mexico and because there are large spaces between games I always go and holiday and return on 'next squad selection'.

As most of you know, you sometimes get offered jobs as a club manager whilst only managing a nation but I am not allowed to select 'Return from holiday when offered a job' without selecting 'Apply for managerial positions at:' but I don't want to appy for jobs, I will only take a job if it is offered to me. So do you think the 'Return from holiday when offered a job' option should be unlocked so it can be selected without selecting the 'Apply for managerial positions at:' option first?

Chants

I would love to be able to hear chants in the background

Also I would love speech commentary, I would prefer commentary over chants but if you can get it like Fifa '09 does with the quieter chants than commentary that would be amazing

big player signing conferences

better questions and a wider range of random answers instead of i agree with that ********

chairman meetings where he discusses issues with you

random trouble at your ground eg hooligans ran on pitch, streakers etc FA fines

improved 3D engine

instant tactic buttons on match screen that happen instantly example adapt longball at the push of a button? it was easy for LMA manager

I would like to see newspapers! This is like the transfer roumers screen but you can pick up a selection of different papers and catch up with the headlines, instead of the current method of viewing headlines. IMO it is boring.

I would llike to see the press conferences having greater affect on the game, when i bought the game from the shop, i read the back of the case and the main feature was the 3D match engine underneath it it mentioned press conferences, i thought, wow, this coulld be interesting. All the press conferences do is afffect players morale and may give you a psychological advantage over the opposition manager.

You think that by storming out you might make massive headlines, instead there is some crappy article in your inbox noting that you were not happy with journalists questions.

If mourinho or capello or furguson, benitez or any high profile manager stormed out in a huff, you think they would make the sport headlines in every paper?

These are opinions of mine that many people will disagree with, this is my view, feel free to argue against my case

better questions and a wider range of random answers instead of i agree with that ********

This. I really like the press conferences feature, but it is time to open up the answers to a little more colour.

Hell, sometimes the questions are asked in such a convoluted fashion, you're not sure what statement you are agreeing/disagreeing to.

I would like to see newspapers! This is like the transfer roumers screen but you can pick up a selection of different papers and catch up with the headlines, instead of the current method of viewing headlines. IMO it is boring.

I would llike to see the press conferences having greater affect on the game, when i bought the game from the shop, i read the back of the case and the main feature was the 3D match engine underneath it it mentioned press conferences, i thought, wow, this coulld be interesting. All the press conferences do is afffect players morale and may give you a psychological advantage over the opposition manager.

You think that by storming out you might make massive headlines, instead there is some crappy article in your inbox noting that you were not happy with journalists questions.

If mourinho or capello or furguson, benitez or any high profile manager stormed out in a huff, you think they would make the sport headlines in every paper?

These are opinions of mine that many people will disagree with, this is my view, feel free to argue against my case

Couldn't aggree more. :thup:

A small thought, sometimes between matches i go on holiday to speed the game up and on this version if i set to return for next match my ass man does the press conference for me and messes it up causing a bad performance on some occasions therefore is there anyway of having an option to return before press conference, maybe if the best way to do this is to change return for next match to return the day before next match, incase there is a press conference, thanks.

oh and another, i have noticed if i put my second team out for a cup game my first team get a bit annoyed and dont play so well next match, if i have to interact with a player telling him im going to rest him it takes a long time and the shortest option is a week not just next match, i could have 2 matches in 1 week and only want to rest them for one, maybe introducing a mass interaction of some sort informing that fringe players are getting a chance for the cup match or along those lines?

Thanks

Archived