Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

The 3D engine & press conferences have to be improved (and I'm sure they will in time) but also:

(a) I would like to see more leagues included. I know with licencing it's not always possible but it is a wish list.

(b) The option to take an assistant manager or under age job (rather than just the full magerial role) with an international side while you are still a club manager. This would only be for international sides rather than having to start as a reserve team coach and work your way up at club level.

© More action/reaction from agents. They may have ruined football financially but if it's realism we're striving for in the game they need to be there.

(d) More balance in the regens. Too many good players aged 20 or under.

(e) Change the tactical sliders to have 4-5 click points (e.g tacking would have none, soft, average, hard, aggressive) for each tactical option rather than a sliding bar with points all along it.

My apologies if these have been mentioned but I didn't have the time to trawl through all the posts.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry if this has been posted already, and sorry if this has made it into fm o9, i'm still playing fm 08

i'd really like to see visual representations of the statistical feedback i get from the home/away stats screen at the end of a match

for example from the stats screen i can see that my striker has taken 4 shots on goal and 1 shot was on target, it would be great to see this represented visually, with an image of the pitch and visual indicators marking out where those four shots were taken from, and different colours used to represent the shots that were on target and those that weren't

this would be a great help as it might show if your striker is trying to many long shots, for example

another example, from the stats screen i can see that my central midfielder has attempted 40 passes and completed 32, a visual representation of this with a pitch and coloured markers showing where these passes were made would really help

this would help as, for example, it might show that your midfielder is attempting a lot of passes from deep, which would allow you to make decisions on what kind of passing setting you give him depending on how you want your tactic to work

One of the suggestions that I would like to make is about loaning players.

Sometimes I loan player out, so he can improve himself but the team doesnt let him play, therefore he doesnt get much match experiences.. So, I'm thinking that when we loan player out to club, we can tell the team that they have to let him lets say at least 10 minimum games or something.. So we would know which teams are offering him more game experiences, and we could loan the player to that team.

Sorry if this has been mentioned.

I want a feature to save/load the 'opponent instructions' before&in a match.

Because everytime I have exactly the same opponent instructions set for particular formation, say standard 4-4-2, but I have to click the mouse 44 times before every match which is just tedious repeating.

- Get the old arrows back, so we could set the player to run to the side.

- A possebility to do more fancy stuff on corners, freekicks etc.

- Lower league-system in England. Lower then Blue Square North/South

- More leagues from other countryes

- The agents should take contact with the clubs about their players.

- "The fans criticize the manager becaus he wont change his tactic". This comes up even when I change the tactic many times, and it shouldn`t

- A easyer tactic-system, so it becomes easyer to get the players to play the football you like.

- More negotiations between the clubs

- Longer contract-negotiation between the players and the clubs.

- More raports on the players peronality, both good and bad.

- More scouting-opertunities, like "watch youtube", "se a game", "find out evrything" etc.

- Trainers in other clubs with different playing-type then you will criticize you when yours club doesn`t do it so well, and you play another type of football then they like.

- The trainers should have more ambition.

- Investorgroups that helps the clubs with buying players, but they also takes a small part of the money you get inn for sales.

- Bigger differents from world-class clubs and amateurclubs. On the amateurclubs the players should skip more trainigs and go to bar more often etc.

- A possebility to get an invitation to meet the fans (Pressconference-style)

- PLayers-meetings when the club do it bad. The players is asking asking for it themself to.

- A hole seperat training-staff from the A-team and youth-team. The trainers shouldn`t train both.

- More criticism from the press and fans when your club is doing it bad, and you play a style that it`s different from the region/country you play in.

- Involve the trainers from the big clubs in the league about the national team, like the last retreat, or how the national team does it. Even though your not the trainer for the natonal team.

- Third divisjon in Norway

- Transfer-moneys have to be payed by the clubs that buys a manager from an another club.

- Press-conference when you leave your job.

- The most national team should demand that the manager only have the national team. For exmapel would England never accepted that Fabio Cappelo had a second job now.

- More information when you are offered a new contract. What is the club`s ambition, how much wil they give you in transfermoneys etc.

With the huge ammount of posts im sure this has been mentioned:

- Fix the bugs :)

- Sponsorship: regardless of how well known you are you still get the same woeful sponsorship. You don't get any extra or new ones besides the kit sponsor. I would like to see this much more advanced so that when you get into the year 2020 you can still enjoy the game as much. Without new improved sponsorship you can't compete financially with the big boys.

- Improve sound: the sound is woeful in this game as it has been since its first release. There is no excuse for not having far better sound quality for matches. Your local library has plenty of sample CDs to chose from where you use loyalty free samples. There are also hundreds of free samples kicking around the net. No excuses! this is something that needs to be improved substantially.

- Improved 3D graphics: Although they are very good I still feel there are improvements to be made. The graphics for the stadiums and the what is supposed to be a running track are hideous. There is no crowd which is disappointing.

- Another 2D options view: I love how you made a new 2D option to view the matches. I would like to see a another one with the old ones kept for good measure. That way it will keep it fresh and those who love the 2D can enjoy it even more.

- 'Intelligence' stat for the mental attributes.

I would like a happy birthday message from the board, speaking of which, in commentary, when playing a match on the birthday, the commentator should mention (when winning) something about the best present a team can give the manager on his/her birthday.

I would also like to form a backroom staff that sticks together (like van Basten with van 't Schip and Witschge).

When managing in England, I would like to get notices about the fact that my players (or some) went on the **** the night before and need a talking to.

Would like different levels of Fanclub shops (for generating extra income).

I would like a more realistic sponsoring sceme, for example: Ajax has 12mil Euro p/a for shirtsponsoring and a 10 year contract with Adidas for 8milj euro p/a, in the game this doesnt happen.

I would like to be able to pick countries where I want my feeder clubs to excist.

Dunno if this has been said, I'm not going to read 37 pages of comments, but for me a big this is a BULK LOAN OFFER! You can bulk transfer offer 50 players if you want, but to offer on loan you still have to go through each person to do it. Annoying.

definitely

also:

Might have been suggested before, but my main gripe about FM is how difficult and time-consuming it can be to create and develop tactics within a game. A lot of the time I end up playing the same match over and over (by quitting without saving) to see what tactic works best in that particular match. This is not fun. What would be absolutely perfect for tactic creation would be the option of playing a single match, using any pick of players from the database you like, playing any opposition you like, home or away. Think this is possible?

When managing in England, I would like to get notices about the fact that my players (or some) went on the **** the night before and need a talking to.

I've had this happen twice with the same player, it was on the evening before a match both times and he was unavailable for both matches. So it's already there.

I really think that for FM10 or in the next patch, there should be an option to cancel any substitutes or tactical changes or any changes in general during a match after you've clicked "confirm changes". Reason being is that something can happen during the time you click confirm for the change and when the change actually happens which would sometimes warrant no changes. So yeah, please SI, give this some consideration. :)

I really think that for FM10 or in the next patch, there should be an option to cancel any substitutes or tactical changes or any changes in general during a match after you've clicked "confirm changes". Reason being is that something can happen during the time you click confirm for the change and when the change actually happens which would sometimes warrant no changes. So yeah, please SI, give this some consideration. :)

Yeah if you score before your substitutes are made then you may wish to cancel them.

Save your own presets for player instructions such as "Fullback" "DC" etc, as mine differ from the defeaults, and often I set my DL to certain settings then have to copy them to the DR, if we could save our own that would be easier.

Similarly saving default OI sets to avoid doing the same thing prior to every match.

Just a small suggestion that would make a little cosmetic difference: biggest transfers ever. Would be cool when you have to spend >£46M on a player for it to say "Team just broke world transfer record with the £XXm signing of..." Or even have a list of the 10/20 biggest transfer fees. It happens in real life:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/2667152/Robinho-and-Dimitar-Berbatov-join-list-of-all-time-most-expensive-transfers---Football.html

It would be nice to be able set the positions of your players on a diagram of the pitch for defending set pieces. There is no way to have zonal marking from set pieces in the game at the minute, this would address that. You could also have this for attacking set pieces with arrows telling the players where to run.

my main gripes which could EASILY be sorted for the next version are...

saving opposition instructions when changing tactics - when changing tactics it resets all your instructions. solving this problem would be simple. when changing tactics a popup box could give you the option of keeping your current opposition instruction settings!!!! pllllllllleeeeeease!

Also, (this has happened in every FM since i can remember and is obviously a bug) when clubs offer me player or when i enquire for a player and the fee is to be accepted, instead of the "accept" option a make new offer option is in its place. its the same offer, bnut is then rejected. silly.

I would like something on the contracts page that tells you how much the contract is potentially going to cost me if the player/staff member stays through the duration of it. It's alot handier than having to work it out on the calculator every time, especially wen im trying to cut the lenghts but increasing their weekly wage to try and save money, for players who I dont think I will need should i get promoted.

A small thing- when choosing to add players from other countries at the start of a game, it'd be nice if the pop-up box either 1. Listed each country in one box (full screen, if need be) or 2. have the pop-up box stay visible even after selecting a country. It can get tedious having to bring up the box and scroll through all of the countries when adding a dozen or so countries, particularly when using CONCACAF teams where every other nation begins with Saint/St.

I reckon people should get recognised for assists in game, my striker has a massive goal drought at the moment, but he's chipping in with nearly an assist per match. But on the milestones screen, his "hasn't scored in 978 minutes" is making him look pathetic. So, I think their should be "3 assists away from 25 assists from Hitchin" or "2 assists away from 450 career assists"

c+ped from my thread

The option to, like the ai, say whether a loan player will be used in the first team or as cover. If I sign a player on a 2 month loan deal as cover while so and so is injured they always get fed up because they're not getting first team football.

1) MULTIPLAYER FIXTURES: At the moment it's average- your opponent's fixtures are usually just a copy of yours but one game later, which, if you're both playing as top 4 sides and mostly winning, gives them a decent advantage.

2) Reorganise this 'gap between the lines' stuff- it's way too confusing at the moment- nobody wants a gap between their lines but so many people get one just by not understanding the "mentality" slider.

3) re do training to be more specific attribute based- ie. crossing.

Is Si really reading this? 37 pages...

I throw in my suggestions with no hope of seeing them:

1. Maps! A graphic display of where in the world and the country the team is located.

2. Make fewer "continue"-clicks for the user. The time spent on the game is what keeps me away from it. I have to play FM between real-life duties. So i press "continue" and walk away. Comes back later, only to find the computer is waiting for another response from me; and it's only some results it will show. I miss a feature for us who has limited-FM play to let the computer "save" up news and go as far as it can without me having to press continue. Some news is impossible, but a lot of them can wait. Waiting on FM is for me 80%, 20% is actually playing.

3. When i am in pre-match, i think i am using few resources. Just checking the players etc. Irritating that when i start the match, i have to wait 20 seconds before anything happens. Could the game prepare that when i am looking at my squad etc? (i can't anyting about coding so sorry if that is an obvious "no").

4. Isn't Si sitting on a brilliant exposure of lower-league teams that is not being used? I am loving Farsley and know nothing about them. How about SI get in touch with the teams and try to make them actively give information about players themself? Is it only me who is that weirdow that i would love to order a real Farsley shirt, with the number of my favorite striker? The club should give out info about them self, where you can order stuff, prices, location etc. In return Si games gets updated info, pictures (if not demanded license) etc...Could just be a "flick" in the clubs info screen. for bigger teams, SI could take a little provision of sales (t-shirts, small club-effects...). Me sitting in a Farsley shirt and taking them to championship...jeezzes... :-)

The sooner the better really. If it's left until we 'announce' the game then we've already decided what is going to be in it so there aren't likely to be any major additions on top of that.

Ideas for the future are always welcome

Hows about a game that actually works from the outset, Lets try starting with a half decent beta test and sort out the issues that crop up and then we can avoid putting a game that is unplayable onto the shelf and charging people for it.

Team talks make no sense.

Yes, real managers use them, and they are probably quite important for some teams, but managers do not pick from 6 preset options.

The fact that picking the right vaguely-worded team talk from a small list can have such a huge effect on your team's performance is absurd.

For a start, what does "You have faith" even mean? It could mean *comfortingly* "Don't worry Kaka, you're a good player, you'll do OK", it could mean *sternly* "Kaka, Shevchenko is playing rubbish but i have faith in YOU to turn things around.." it could mean "Kaka, I'm a practicing Catholic".

Managers give team talks, but I doubt they fall into such distinct categories; they might say "No pressure" AND "You can win today", but I imagine a hell of a lot of team talks are mostly tactical. The fact that saying you're "delighted" with your players instead of "pleased" can cost you a game is nonsensical.

I know they're there to add realism, but often a good or bad team talk seems to have more effect on a match than the tactics, which- when you're basically taking a gamble from 5 or 6 options- doesn't really add up.

One thing I would like to see, is an update on the scouting knowledge of a club, which is based on a network of contacts of past players, managers, coaches etc.

For example, if you had a Serbian player at the team for a few years, he would always give you insight into the Serbian market, provided that he and the club parted ways amicably. For example, in Greece (as I am sure in many other parts of the world), it is common-place to rely on a former player to provide information on specific transfer targets... Panathinaikos relies on its old Argentinian star Rocha for information on the Argentinian market, whilst Karembeu is always consulted if Olympiacos is interested in any players playing in France etc.

Thus, this could also make social relationships a much more important aspect of the game... If you have a player who is past his prime and is making a lot of money, you may hesitate to try and offer him 'mutual termination' in January, if his contract is expiring in June, so you can be in good standing with that player in the future.

Also, I would like added variation on how you are able to sell players. Rather than transfer-list a player and automatically say 'He is not needed by the club' which may upset the player, you could have options that occur in medium-level leagues as the Greek that say: "We think you're a great player, you are always wanted here, but if you ever want to go to a big club in one of the better leagues of Europe, we would be willing to let you go (though we dont want to), so long as you bring in an offer of minimum 5 million euros)."

Team talks make no sense.

Yes, real managers use them, and they are probably quite important for some teams, but managers do not pick from 6 preset options.

The fact that picking the right vaguely-worded team talk from a small list can have such a huge effect on your team's performance is absurd.

For a start, what does "You have faith" even mean? It could mean *comfortingly* "Don't worry Kaka, you're a good player, you'll do OK", it could mean *sternly* "Kaka, Shevchenko is playing rubbish but i have faith in YOU to turn things around.." it could mean "Kaka, I'm a practicing Catholic".

Managers give team talks, but I doubt they fall into such distinct categories; they might say "No pressure" AND "You can win today", but I imagine a hell of a lot of team talks are mostly tactical. The fact that saying you're "delighted" with your players instead of "pleased" can cost you a game is nonsensical.

I know they're there to add realism, but often a good or bad team talk seems to have more effect on a match than the tactics, which- when you're basically taking a gamble from 5 or 6 options- doesn't really add up.

Fully agree!

Excellent suggestion. Something i think about everytime i'm 1-0 down so bring on 3 attackers and then we score but I can't change it back to defensive. So inevitabley concede

(from another post of mine)

'on the subject of managers being sacked or leaving, i feel that there is nowhere near enough coverage if a human user leaves or gets sacked.

i resigned from a club and there's one little news item and thats it. i was at the club for 2 years.

i would EXPECT to be asked if i wanted to have a press conference, where i could choose why i quit, or whether the parting of club and manager was amicable...etc.

they need a bit more focus on this i feel.'

Things I would like to see!

More options in the transfer fees, so not just so much per game. But also a fee if you win the league, or the champions league.

Also sometimes they have charity matches with world vs european 11 which would be cool to see if your players were selected.

And if possible more agent interaction over transfers, trying to push players and push through moves.

Hmmm and maybe being able to hold youth camps or tournaments in places locally or internationally

Archived