Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I'd like to be able to coach attacking patterns on the training field. Ie specify runs and ball movements. Just setting the "shooting" bar to "intense" is pointless now with the magnificent 3d engine in place.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see more detailed press conferences and team talks. Two or three part replies would be brilliant, ie at half time when winning

"You've done great but"

"You're playing poorly so"

"I know you can do better than this so"

added to, for example

"you can play better"

"don't let your game drop"

"finish this game off for the supporters"

This would give so many more options, at the moment I find myself choosing the same options over and over again. The same with press conferences, ie to the question, "how are X team doing?"

"They're doing well"

"They're had a poor season"

"I can see them picking up"

mixed with

"but that won't last"

"and they're only going to improve"

"but they still won't win anything"

etc.

Also, the ability to release your own press conferences, for example if one of your players is getting a lot of transfer speculation or if you're three points from qualification and want to spur on the team. Similar to Manager Interaction, sort of thing. Obviously you wouldn't be able to use it all the time or it would be abused, but just once or twice a season.

Dunno if this has been said, I'm not going to read 37 pages of comments, but for me a big this is a BULK LOAN OFFER! You can bulk transfer offer 50 players if you want, but to offer on loan you still have to go through each person to do it. Annoying.

Testimonials? Would be a nice little addition in the game, long serving player getting a testimonial with players who played for the club in his time at the club playing for them. Even better if a legendary manager at the club takes control of the game.

Also would be nice if the game could recognize players you are fond of in the game (possibly always sign them when moving clubs) and add a favourred personel section in your profile? Same with if you stay with a team for a long time?

Just a few suggestions.

Besides the overall fix/improve existing features,

I have one main wish (for the third consecutive year) Much better and clear feedback about traning. Stats constantly go up and down and in most cases I (or any average FM player) can not explain why. Ok, I admit it works fine in a sense so that when a player is young it is mostly improving and declining after certain age but still I dont think user has enough control over the process on both cases(increase/decrease)

My second wish and I believe this is easier to implement for SI. Have an option to save permanently player profiles even after retirement in case user wants it. I hate to see my favoritute player ages and then disappers from game completely if he is not into coaching. Maybe a small option in player interaction saying "Remain visible Forever" can do it. So we can go back to that profile any time and look at the stats to remember old days. If he comes to make some comments on the media it is even better :)

If this causes database size problems, user can be limited to save up to 20 or whatever profile. I actually do not believe 20 extra profile matters much assuming in a normal game we are having over ten thousands profiles active.

We've been discussing this on http://fmdiscussion.com/forums/ and we thought:

- Player stats being more accurate for example Ibrahimovic is overrated.

- The 3D match engine being more realistic, I know it's not important but it'd be nicer

- Expand the tactics of the game, to add more depth in the game

- Better press conferences, the responses on the one now is rubbish!

The Spirit Of Youre Forum

Group Icon

Group: VIP Member

Member No.: 462

Supports: füssball club züerich!

Warn: (0%) ------+

* Quality of the 3D improving (quality wise)

* Moderator built into the disc so its in your folders somewhere!

I would want:

-More depth in tactics and player interaction

-Better researching , by this I mean more on target attributes and heights

-More realistic goalscoring figures.Too many strikers and midfielders score 20-30 goals per season whereas in real life they barely do.

I would love it if the histories of players showed that stats from all competitions (minus Non competative) and not just league its annoys me.

A skin that actually makes me go wow that some fine work instead of a slightly different one each year.

A bug free game.

More licenses.

All taken from different users.

We've been discussing this on http://fmdiscussion.com/forums/ and we thought:

- Player stats being more accurate for example Ibrahimovic is overrated. Specific data concerns can be raised in the specific threads in the data forum; simply saying you want more realistic player stats is unhelpful - they are as realistic as they can be without further fan input!

- The 3D match engine being more realistic, I know it's not important but it'd be nicer I'm sure it will improve over time; but bear in mind that more realistic graphics will require more powerful machines, and there's a trade-off between accessibility for all, and better graphics

- Expand the tactics of the game, to add more depth in the gameI disagree. I'd like to see less tactical options, to be a bit more IRL (maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Scolari telling Ashley Cole to have a 25% attacking mentality, while Joe Cole should have a 65% attacking mentality for example).

- Better press conferences, the responses on the one now is rubbish! Couldn't agree more - I'd like to see an end to the 'questionnaire' style responses!

* Quality of the 3D improving (quality wise) Already mentioned

* Moderator built into the disc so its in your folders somewhere! Don't understand what you mean

I would want:

-More depth in tactics and player interactionAlready mentioned tactics, but I agree with more player interaction, though some examples would be nice

-Better researching , by this I mean more on target attributes and heightsPretty much already covered.

-More realistic goalscoring figures.Too many strikers and midfielders score 20-30 goals per season whereas in real life they barely do.Agreed

I would love it if the histories of players showed that stats from all competitions (minus Non competative) and not just league its annoys me. I somewhat agree with this, although it will be hard to find the IRL stats for all players for all competitions, so there would be a lack of consistency there

A skin that actually makes me go wow that some fine work instead of a slightly different one each year.I'm happy with users creating the skins, though Ter does a great job with the graphics already.

A bug free game. It won't happen. It won't be 100% bug-free, anyway.

More licenses. It's not just about money. They have tried to get licenses for some leagues, but it's just not possible to negotiate in some cases

All taken from different users.

My answers in bold.

hi, I would love to be able to still see the current/potential ratings of players out on loans. So far I can get scouting report on the players when they play in a game, but with injuries I would like to be able to look at my reserve squad and know which loan player to recall.

If there is a way to see the current/potential rating of a player on loan please tell me

With really young players (15 year olds) at a good club with great youth facilities you should be able to train them up and improve them. For example scouting a boy from the local area, giving him intensive passing and tackling training and when he is good enough could be a decent player with eg 15 for tackling and passing.

I heard a few years ago that Manchester United could pick a kid that had never kicked a ball before and turn him into a decent premier league player, it would be nice if we could do something similar in fm and have it work.

Also with lower league teams if you have good relationships with other staff (thats a new feature too - being able to have relationships with other staff, not just managers) then you could bring a free agent former decent championship coach to work at the lower league club and also improve the players with the idea above, with intensive sessions. This would give lower league clubs a chance at developing good talent despite not having good facilities or youth set up.

Some other ideas:

One to one chats with players - these also shouldn't appear in the news as they are private

Design your own set plays on the 3d pitch - with complete freedom to do WHATEVER

Desing your own training like total club manager 2004

With media - have the same questions writen lots of different ways (like 50 times) which will give variation

More big match build up

A fan page - like the squad page but has fan info on it such as away fans, attendance graph, change ticket price, arrests - and you have the option to ban them, members, fanclubs

A kit selector/generator for when you change kits/sponsers at the end of the season

Better quality graphics on the 3d match

Monthly board meetings

You have a say in the sponsor

Keep the transfer fees realistic - not having stupid fees like £60 million for a player - they don't exist at the moment so please son't have them in.

Leading on from the last point - world inflation, if prices in England are generally high the player prices are going to be high to, if prices fall then player prices should fall and we have more realistic fees again.

Coaching badges

Coaching courses - improve your attributes

Senarios - save a team from relegation with 5 games to go, win the world cup

An improved editor so we can change the rules of the leagues

Player star signs in the game so we can build a team based on when each of the players was born in the year, like raymond domenech with france, would help team balance.

Basically fm10 needs to be bloody good to make up for the dissapiontment of fm09 and fm08 being the same as 07. If the game was complete now then SI could release data updates every year which we would pay for and maybe just release a new game every 2/3 years.

One to one chats with players - these also shouldn't appear in the news as they are private

This is what I'd dearly like to see SI start to focus on for next year's iteration.

Players in the FM universe are now highly-developed, complex characters with many factors that impact their development, morale and performance, and yet -- still -- outside of match day, the only way we can interact with them or provide feedback is via the media. It's felt like quite an oversight for a few versions now, and increasingly so as time marches on, given the increasing complexity and involvement we're given in other areas of the simulation.

It'd be great to be able to take a lad aside and give him some quiet encouragement in a personal chat, or conversely, perhaps give another a royal bollocking in front of the rest of the squad. Likewise, communication from the players to the manager could be greatly increased and expanded as well; senior players could be a lot more communicative directly, with perhaps suggestions as to who the players feel are training well, or not fitting in with the group, or pushing for selection etc. Currently, we can click our way to the opinion another manager has of ourselves, but most often there's little or no feedback available as to what our players think of us, or of where our relationships stand with our players.

Some or all of this could of course still make its way to the media, but it shouldn't have to be done via the media. Player relations all seem a bit cart-before-horse at the moment, and I can't help but feel that this is the area most in need of being fleshed out - it is, after all, a key, integral part of management at any level.

Having said that, I realise that simulating human character and communication is no simple task, but given the great job done regarding all other facets of the game, no doubt this will be brought to the same standard in coming years. I look forward to it!

more specefied half time critisism not just "i want to see more of u" heres an example of what i mean: if u often on forward runs and ur striker stil doesnt try to get in the space u should be able to say "get in the box more" or if a players passing suck u should be able to say "u need to improve ur passing" there should be a skill perhaps Professionalism and adaptability that would govern how well ur player would listen to u and adapt his game without changing ur original tactics. ofcourse u cannot demand to much of bad players

i would like to be able to tell my players to hug the line for such an such a match, i want you to be on the shoulder of the last defender, you pass it into the channels and you snap him in half as soon as he has the ball but only the guy i say so

a linesman that puts his flag up when my guy is offside by a millimeter :)

like other people have is to be able to bark out the orders from the touchline and to give dogs abuse to the officials when i disagree with their clearly wrong decision :)

it would be good to also have all the team talk options on matchday instead of the same for when your winning or when your losing

if players have disputes i'd like to talk about it and not have every player interaction go to the media

i would like to be able to tell my players to hug the line for such an such a match, i want you to be on the shoulder of the last defender, you pass it into the channels and you snap him in half as soon as he has the ball but only the guy i say so

That's all in the current game. It's not easy, though. A look through the Tactics and Training Forum should help you understand how to tell players to play your way.

i've read it a couple of times and once i have read 1 bit i forget the last :) i just think instead of having to adjust the sliders and all that i think it would be better for some (maybe not all) to have the option of going hey you 'hug that line regardless of where the opponents are'

you know what i mean, to me it would be more realistic telling your players what to do in a match and it would save alot of time if your a team that has to change tactics for most matches

Don't know if it's already been said but the main thing i'd like to see is if tactics can be set for each individual player rather than the team position! For eg if u substitute a DM for a AM i don't want to see the DM having a free role and bombing forward, i want him to be doing his DM role.

Also if you bid for a player by agreeing to pay the minimum release clause the club should have to allow the player to speak to you!

Improved offide calls from the linesman. Instead of letting you run 50 yards and then having a goal ruled out, they could call it offside straight away.

Also, introduce the Northern Premier League, Isthmian and Ryman League.

Maybe develop the manager side of it. You get your career earnings, but can't do anything with it. Perhaps become a chairman?? And maybe allow you to become an assistant manager at clubs as well for those who like building careers. I know the Game is a management sim, but it would be a great addition.

OK, to begin with, I've only been playing this game since Xmas Day, so forgive me if any of these suggestions are already included later on in the game.

First off, I'd like to congratulate SI on the improvement of Team Reports, in that each report can now be viewed with all the different positions that that particular player can play in. However, I do think that this aspect of the game can still be improved further, to give more flexibility and make it more user friendly:

1. If you were at Arsenal with scouts who have 20/20 on Scouting CA/PA, and asked them to provide a scout report, they would come back with an extremely comprehensive report after just researching that particular player. Say that player was from a L1 club, for example. The coaches there are by no means world class, and their coach report can be very bare and limited. However, regardless of the attributes of each coach/scout, surely if a coach is working with a player day in day out, they will be able to provide an in-depth report? One thing I would advise SI to be aware of are new coaches should only have a limited knowledge of each player for a while, and those coaches who work in the youth team should have a better knowledge of the youth players than the first team coaches.

2. In the weaknesses column of a coach/scout report, I often see that a certain player has a particular named weakness as opposed to 'X doesn't have any weaknesses'. However, I think that each strength and weakness on the reports should be relevant to the position they play in. For example, I've seen as a weakness that 'X is an awful set piece taker'. The player in question was a CB. It's not an important attribute for him, so therefore it wouldn't be a weakness. However, if you were to say he was a magnificent set piece taker, under strengths, that would be relevant as you're being alerted to the fact that this CB is out-of-the-ordinary. Thus, the reports would definitely change if you were to look at a report for a CB as opposed to a ST.

3. I think a useful, and fairly cosmetic feature would be to name the training schedule and the players happiness with the schedule under 'Training' I know you can see that on the training section, but it's an important part of the player and would make it more user-friendly. Also, if a player was learning a new position or a new preferred move, this could be mentioned also.

4. Finally, under 'Recommendation'. I often see 'X has the potential to become a ....'. I have no problem with this, because it's very useful, and it should be kept. However, I do believe if you provide this in a coach/scout report, then you should provide underneath it, the current assessment. For example, under 'Recommendation' say:

'X has the potential to become a ....'--- and then...

'X is currently a ....' / 'X should be considered .... currently'

I would like the option to let my Assistant Manager coach games. I could give general directions to the Ass Man or just hire the best Ass Man that I can and let him do the job.

EHM 2007 has this option so it must be possible.

Some people like to coach so let them coach, but others prefer to concentrate on management so they should have that option.

I'd like to see more detailed press conferences and team talks. Two or three part replies would be brilliant, ie at half time when winning

"You've done great but"

"You're playing poorly so"

"I know you can do better than this so"

added to, for example

"you can play better"

"don't let your game drop"

"finish this game off for the supporters"

This would be good. For example if you were 3-0 down you could slam your team but then tell them that the pressure is off. Also, I love the game, you're doing a great job, but how the **** are there no bookings for timewasting yet? Please sort that out.

There are a mountain of posts here, so appologies if this has already been mentioned.

As you see a few times, not often but sometimes, a club may often buy a pair of players or more in one go for a nominal fee - so perhaps an option in the transfers section to possibly buy 2 or more players from a club for a combined price rather than buying individually.

Only other one I can think of at the moment is perhaps the chance, when in matches, to be able to get benched players to warm up. You see them on the sidelines randomly running up and down - but whether its just me or not, its the players that I don't want to put on the pitch that are warming up, the one I want to warm up is sat on his backside :D - Maybe a slightly cosmetic feature, but could have its perks.

I would like to suggest the improvements to the ME below

1) more in-depth commentary. eg. Wingers running havoc on wing. Forwards have too much space. Att mid is creating a lot of through balls. Full backs are intercepting through balls. These commentaries although not very significant, trust me, it adds alot of satisfaction to us when we see these commentaries for our players.

2) divide the possession amount(on the action stats tab) not only by the length of the field, but also the width. That will make the field 3x3 box. This way, we have more info abt which area is weak and strong.

3) have a match stat which record the place where shots are taken. This way, we will come to know whether our shots are mostly long or short.

The suggestions above are not hard to implement I believe.

- Cut up the training in own-training and team-training. Then you can change the most important thinks, like reduce physical training when it`s many matches in a row, on team-training

- A possebility to ask the board for more money in one special thing, for exampel an transfer. If you only have 5 million pund, and Zenit offers you Arshavin for 8 million, you can ask the board for 3 more millions

- Different types of feeder-clubs. For exampel one for economy dispensers, a local loaning-club or and feeder-club for developing talents.

- More media attention for big transfers, like press-conference if one of the best players on earth moves from one club to another.

- A possebility to call into an press-conference yourself if you have somethink to say.

- A possebility to come with date`s for when a fan-day could be. If your team needs more back-up in a hard period, you could ask the board for a fan-day.

- More different questions on press-conference, and more questions on press-conference`s

- In the match-overview you should se where the ball was played most; in the middle on on the wings.

- Traditional trainigcups like La manga, Amsterdam etc. should be on the game to.

- The players shouldn`t get red card for a collision

- Records should be counted in evry counting matches, not just liga-matches. It should be goales, matches etc.

- A guy less should automaticly meen that the opponent gets a lot of possibilities when you still have a full-backline.

- Substitutes should come up on the line where goales and card is.

- A possebility to talk to a player before and under a contract-negotiation so he is picking your club

- A harder press-conference. Thouse in Italy should be very long.

Evry one comes from the Norwegian site for football manager

In game:

- There should be a possibility to talk to the club for a transfer of a player after you signed him on Bosman for the next season - that team could have some extra money for transfering him now and you are already sure that you'll have the player anyway (now or after season)

- More transfer options - buy a player but leave him at his club longer than till the end of season (you could buy a promising non-EU youngster from a EU league and sign him after he gains EU passport or just leave him there for a while to develop more)

- Traning camps or something similar (where you can have a possibility to play frendlies at neutral ground, not just simple home/away)

- More improvement on assistant feedback and press conferences (maybe some online updates for press conference data?)

- More feedback from other staff (Directors) on transfers, especially in countries (not in UK) in which managers are mainly head coaches and charman or/and directors have more power when it comes to buying players

- More tactial options - expecially for set pieces (how do I setup "Szarańcza" ("Locust") now ? ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Y13-5owCY#t=3m43s )

Technical, licences etc.:

- Beta-test the game more carefully to avoid serious bugs ;)

- Use Steam for more often patching (like in other games)

- For more realistic research try to sign a contract with media that broadcast their domestic leagues (for example Canal+ in Poland) or with other media (http://imscouting.com/), plus maybe something like live, online database updates (you could choose a standard or a live database for more accurate player abilities when starting a new game)

Im unsure if it has been mentioned, its just i can't be bothered to read this thing for hours to find out, but my idea is that you can buy out the sell on clauses from the clubs you buy players from. Time and time again, whenever i really want a player, i always try to offer the best deal possible, but yet the opposing team always seems to want a sell on fee, so i normally accept their demands, only to be screwed seasons later when that player is worth millions upon millions and to give a heafty chunk of that to someone else, so it would be cool if you could buy out the sell on fee clauses and perhaps the other kinds too. A real life example of this has only happend recently with kevin doyle of reading, as steve coppell bought out his sell on fee clause with cork city, so now if doyle is sold, reading will retain the whole fee they sell him for

I'd like a new Training area called 'Passing'-currently to improve a players passing you have to bump up his attacking slider-not ideal for a full back.

I'd like it to go something like this

Passing-improves passing, first touch, (new stat) long balls etc

Attacking- improves creativity, flair, decision making etc

1. Scouts from your own club would surely know the level of your own players so there shouldn't need to be a difference between the star system from scouts and when a player has joined the club. Example: I scout a striker and my scouts (20/20) says this player is a quality signing and in the short list he gets 6 stars. I sign him for the better part of my transfer budget and once he's in my team he's rated like my 4th striker because compared to the rest of my strikers he's only 4 stars. I don't think this is realistic.

2. The clubs should never initially have more scouts/coaches/physios etc. than can be signed by you. Example: As Inter I had a lot of (crap) scouts when I joined so I fired the worst 3. Still when trying to sign a new useful one I get a message that I shuold have no more than 12 scouts and currently have 14. This seems to go for more staff positions in bigger clubs.

3. A graphical world map that shows what areas you are currently covering with you scouts team. This would give an instant overview as to where you scout/don't scout rather than clicking every scout, one by one, and taking manual notes on the side. When you get to have 15+ scouts it's very hard to get the full picture.

4. Buy and loan back. This surely has been mentioned before but since it's not in FM2009 I bring it up again. It would be nice to buy youngsters and have the possibility to loan them back to the club you bought them from so that they can keep developing. Loan back periods for up to 2-3 years would be nice.

5. Hall of fame points only get awarded if you win trophies which is perfectly fine. Though if you finish second in all competitions a season you will end up with 0 points and I have the feeling it takes longer time for your reputation to build up. In the older versions there was a system where you got points as you progressed in competitions and in the league so when you had a good run in a cup with a poor team you still accumulated points that showed you had a good season. Maybe this is still done in the background but that I'm not aware of in that case.

Can only hope this gets read by someone who can say yes or no or maybe.

Simple idea, player highlight. Click on a player in the 1st 11, so when on the 2D/3D pitch they have a circle round them or highlighted in some way, so i know where he is on the pitch and can see if he is where i expect him to be. I know there are numbers on the 2d view, but in 3D view only the players names come up when involved in key play.

Please consider as this is probably the best idea ever.

Not sure if these points have been mentioned or not, i'd be surprised if they haven't but;

1) When advertising jobs and it returns a list of potentials, a chance to say no to ones you dont want, so that if you continue the advert, you dont get their application again. i.e turning away unsuccesful applicants.

2) Scout reports. When you send your scout off and he comes back with a list of 54 people, i'm not interested in the 1 star/2 star players, so the ability to cross of the list and not keep seeing that same rubbish player reappearing on subsequent scout lists.

Archived