Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

SKIN and MOUSE Cursor size and colour for trouble seeing!

Hi I have trouble seeing the (mouse)cursor whne playing

I have already changed the size and colour of the cursor, in windows but it does not apply to FM2009.

So could anybody please help me out

Thanks

This post is the same that Andy141086 open in a wrong forum, but this is an important feature for the people that have seeing problem.

Unfortunately, the FM developers not think at people with sight problems and do not create a default skin at high contrast with black beckground and white text color.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Be able to pick feeder clubs (I need a Belgian one for WP reasons) but got offered Scottish teams which are no use.

2. Be able to change tactics a bit more quickly. One of the centre backs was injured but no-one shouted to someone to fill in and so the striker stood unmarked and then had a clear run through in goal. Also I was 1-0 up. Opposition chnaged to 4-2-4 so I changed the existing players to 5-4-1 but it took 4 mins to kick in during which the opposition scored. So now at 1-1 the computer changes my tactics to 5-4-1 while the computer goes back to 4-4-2. I want to cahnge to try and go for the winner but am playing 5-4-1 ultra defensive. It takes another three minutes to change back and I have about 2 mins left to get the winner. I think Sir Alex might shout from the touchline.

Not sure if this was mentioned, but I can't really go through all 3,500 posts. I suppose that no one from SI does either, but at least they're payed for it :D.

1. Champions League rule - Group winners always play their first game away in the first knockout round. Always.

2. Friendly matches should be less competitive - I've had situations were opposition tackled really hard and injured my players, when my players got yellow and red cards for arguing with the referee because he allowed a goal to stand etc... Those matches aren't competitive and tackling should always be set to easy automatically and players shouldn't react so much to referee decisions. It's about getting ready for the season or keeping your players match fit, not about the result.

3. Illogical fan days - In my Barcelona game, the board decided that last match in the season should be fan day. Incidentally, I needed a win in that match to win the title, if I lose, Real Madrid would probably win it, so it was about the result, not the game. Very important matches like that shouldn't be picked for fan days.

4. New signings and fan expectations - I sign 3-4 young players a year, aged 16-18 because they have potential and they could be good in several years. But my fans are disappointed because they didn't play enough matches and my board hold it against me. I don't think that fans would be all over Wenger for example because he didn't play straight away a player who is 16 and was bought for 200,000-300,000 euros. It should depend on the price payed and whether they are signed as first team players or youngsters.

5. Players get tired too quickly - Even my 20 stamina players get tired really quickly in some positions... In my experience, AMCs and wingers tend to get tired easily. My 18 stamina winger drops to 65% match fitness often near the end...

I'd like to see SI allow players to select different difficulty levels -- such as easy, normal, hard. Not all managers want to face an AI/tactics situation that requires them to become the equivalent of chess masters in order to succeed.

you're giving SI FAAAAR too much credit.

just save the game beforehand.

some great ideas in this thread, pity SI are a bunch of dill.... DOH!(s?)

im from south africa and though i still dont have my FM09, i can only add sumthing from FM08.

AND PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A RACIST COMPLAINT, just a thought to be more realsitic!!!

in South Africa, or africa in general, there is a massive difference when it comes to names of white or black people, noe my idea is for the REGEN PLAYERS and THEIR NAMES, you will get in FM08 a regen player who is WHITE, with the name THABO NDLOVU for a random example, the problem with this is that both THABO and NDLOVU are very very common BLACK names, so a white player with that name is almost ridiculas! and not at all realistic, AND PLEASE DONT THINK IM RACIST BY SAYING THIS!

another example would be a BLACK regen player with a name such as FRANCIOUS DU PLESISS, which is an incredibly white name here, I hope SI is getting my point that it seems very unrealistic to mix up names and races. i know they regen players and it randomized, but thats just my view!

AGAIN PLEASE DONT THINK OF ME AS RACIST!

PS> here are sum common black and white names and surnames (FORGIVE MY SPELLING PLS) if itl help SI!

Black:

Ndlovu

Mokeona

Lebogang

Thabo

Thebogo

Zuma

Radebe (Leeds Fans might remeber Lucas Radebe)

Junior

Khanye

ETC ETC

White:

Du Plessis

Van Der Merwve

Botes

Botha

Tian

Thinus

Pieter

Jean

De Villers

etc etc

PPS: by the way i mean that the Regen players pic dont match with thier name!

ALos these are by no means the most common names or anything, thay are just an example of how balck and white names differ!

dude, you're obviously a racist white south african who has taken offense to some black dude having one of your prized white names

& has tried to cover it up by saying you're black because the entire civilised world knows that it is impossible to be black & also a racist...

....or is that racist on my part???

wait a minute?... am i racist or not?

"My head's all tied up...like a pretzel! I got a pretzel in my head!"

*assumes Lotus position*

Ooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm.....

I would love to see Firefox style tabs in the game, so I could then open up several profiles/clubs/shortlists/whatever in tabs, and flick between them at will. I feel this would be far more useful then the player comparison thing we have at present, and could be used very effectively in the FM interface.

Yeah this would be fantastic.

im from south africa and though i still dont have my FM09, i can only add sumthing from FM08.

AND PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A RACIST COMPLAINT, just a thought to be more realsitic!!!

in South Africa, or africa in general, there is a massive difference when it comes to names of white or black people, noe my idea is for the REGEN PLAYERS and THEIR NAMES, you will get in FM08 a regen player who is WHITE, with the name THABO NDLOVU for a random example, the problem with this is that both THABO and NDLOVU are very very common BLACK names, so a white player with that name is almost ridiculas! and not at all realistic, AND PLEASE DONT THINK IM RACIST BY SAYING THIS!

another example would be a BLACK regen player with a name such as FRANCIOUS DU PLESISS, which is an incredibly white name here, I hope SI is getting my point that it seems very unrealistic to mix up names and races. i know they regen players and it randomized, but thats just my view!

PS> here are sum common black and white names and surnames (FORGIVE MY SPELLING PLS) if itl help SI!

Black:

Ndlovu

Mokeona

Lebogang

Thabo

Thebogo

Zuma

Junior

Khanye

ETC ETC

White:

Du Plessis

Van Der Merwve

Botes

Botha

Tian

Thinus

Pieter

Jean

De Villers

etc etc

ALos these are by no means the most common names or anything, thay are just an example of how balck and white names differ!

Thats not racist. Don't ever be made to feel racist becuase you can tell the difference between two cultures.

1. A way to create your own set pieces.

2. Better training. I want to set every players training individualy per day. Not bars on his physical training. But day to day...like 9AM start with Warm-up, 9.15AM start tactical training. etc etc

3. Position specific trainers. for example a Strikercoach (Like Bergkamp is for ajax) A central defender Coach (Like de Boer is for Ajax)

4. Dailly reports on training on every player. Just give us a list of all the players who did well. Who failed to impress, whose form is crappy. Which young players should be given a chance to play with the first squad.

5. Tabs to switch certain area's faster

6. Shout instructions from the sideline...like 'Keep the ball', 'Waste Time', 'Look for the sides!'

Thats what i can come up with in 5 mins :)

Scenarios

Not sure how this would be implemented but it would be good to have scenarios which in turn would raise you managerial status. Of course, after the scenarios have been finished the game will have to end but any points earned would be added to your managerial profile. Scenarios such as; four games to fight off relegation, injury crisis, 5 points behind with 4 to play.

Tick boxes for loading additional players, stats etc

AI matches to test tactics before actually playing games

When searching for staff it would be good to be able to see your coaching ratings (def, bc, shooting etc) instead of having to backtrack through menus, write down what sort of coach you need and then searching. It takes me ages to do my coaches because I'm constantly forgetting and having to baqck track through the menus

Don't worry, its not racist. However: there are very few countries in the world where blacks and whites are still so markedly seperated, which such equal numbers. In other countries with high african-descended populations, e.g. USA, England, Brazil, the seperation is not so strong, and as such the minority (african people) eventually take on more and more 'white' sounding names. William Smith may be a famous black american but his name is straight out of medieval england.

Another factor is that RZA is very different, because it is a case of white people going to an african place, rather than african people going to a 'white people place' (yes, i know that USA and Brazil arent really 'white people places', white people killed off the amerindians). It will take a long, long time for the cultures in South Africa to grow closer together so that eventually through marriage and such, there will one day be black girls named Natalie Grobler and white guys named Desmond Mbeke :)

But it is not for FM to make such things happen. It would be quite controversial and indeed, difficult to program, to start creating things like "black names" and "white names". Perhaps one day FM will give you the option of generating a new random face for your players. For the moment, I make faces for players that have no photos, using the standalone version of FaceGen :)

I'd like to see my assistant manager hawking any players that I've transfer-listed to other clubs. I find having to repeatedly offer transfer-listed players to other clubs tedious and laborious.

Once a player is transfer-listed your assistant manager - or even a scout/director of football associated with you or your club - should assume the responsibility of finding your unwanted player a new club.

It would be impressive if players had agents in the game who are listed in their clients’ profiles. The agents could also endeavour to find their client a new club.

Perhaps even implementing agents into transfer negotiations would be something to consider. Football agents are, after all, an essential part of football, and particularly the facilitation of the transfer of players between clubs.

Think of Pini Zahvi, the so-called super-agent, negotiating with you over the wage his client wants to join your club. And then, in addition to paying a fee to the club you’ve bought the player from, you’d also have to negotiate a fee with the agent who facilitated the transfer. Yeah, I’d like to see the appearance of football agents implemented in FM2010.

Thanks

Black:

Ndlovu

Mokeona

Lebogang

Thabo

Thebogo

Zuma

Junior

Khanye

ETC ETC

White:

Du Plessis

Van Der Merwve

Botes

Botha

Tian

Thinus

Pieter

Jean

De Villers

etc etc

Couldn't that be fixed by including Afrikaans as a language? The white players would have Dutch-sounding surnames. I've heard similar complaints of South American players having Spanish surnames - yes, I know it sounds stupid.

I think that if you have had a great player at your club for a number of years and he retires or is sold it would be nice to be able to retire his squad number. Just a little cosmetic thing.

That is already in FM09 from what I know.

I dont think it is. I know that some already start retired if they are irl but thats it.

I thought that was one of the new features released in a podcast for FM09. I haven't played much FM09 so I have not seen it in it myself but it was definitely announced as a new feature.

Could possibly be nice to have a feature where you can focus on a certain aspect during a particular week while interacting with your players.

For example on:

- The importance of good crosses in the tactics

- The importance of concentration

- The dangers of pushing up *too* much

- The effects of physical training on performance

etc etc.

You could select from a drop down menu with a whole bunch of these kinds of focuses. Then at the end of the week, the team will have picked up on this which is represented in a bar that can be 100% full or 60% or 20% (any random number) depending on the man management and/or other relevant stats of the coaches/assman. This bar starts slowly decreasing as time goes on so it could be that in 7 weeks time you would have to focus on this again. In the mean time, weekly you can focus on other aspects from the drop-down.

The point of this would be that you can emphasize on something you find particularly important. Be it for an upcoming match, or for your tactics as a whole.

Any thoughts?

not sure if this has been even mentionned before but as my spurs team we won league cup in my first year. The following season i thought id concentrate on league and played a second string (mainly U18's - like Arsenal do) and when we lost against Wigan i got slated my board and press. Surely the game should regonise the league cup as a chance for the bigger teams to give match experience to youth players and the board and press should understand that we may lose these games. :mad:

Fully agree with this, in real life a lot of clubs that are playing weaker opposition put out weaker teams. The in-game press should recognise you are using youth players and not give such a slating. I'd also like the option to negotiate with the board over their expectations for the cups, would be nice to be able to ask them to lower your league cup expectations because you are going to promote youth (maybe you have to take some money off transfer budget for this, due to potential loss of income?!?)

i would like the ability to make my own set pieces using a 3d training session, without using sliders.

also as already mentioned 3d training sessions, say shooting, you could place a marker anywhere around the training pitch and thats where they will attempt there shots from.

in a fitness training session you would be able to see who is not training well by them being slow etc.

passing training you could set the distance between players

i could go on and on but i think you get the idea.

i am medo, Egypt,

i am one of the great lovers of FM , i have been playing FM since 2005 and i adore it.

Egypt have won the African cup of nation the last two times 2006,2008

we have Mido, Mohammed Shawki in Borro, Hossam Ghaly in Tottenham, Mohammed Zidan in Dortumond, Amr Zaki in wigan, Abou trika in Ahly ...

i hope Fm contain the Egyptian league as it's one of the strongest leagues,not only in africa,but also in the middle east..

also AHLY FC, most egyptian famous club,the only club taht reached the world cup champions league..

i hope SI give more attention to Egypt and Egyptian league.

I just got this idea yesterday.Currently,we have a season summary,which in my opinion,is pretty short.Now,I'm a long term gamer,and seeing the current summary will not suffice me,later on in the game.So,I suggest,written Season reviews,coming up either in your news window,Inbox or in the Season summary tab.It would not only contain under achieved teams,over achieved teams but it will be a whole summary of the whole season,which teams were caught in a relegation battle,players were unhappy,a club was beleaguered etc

I would like International Managing to be a lot more developed. I mean I know that the game is focused around club managing but for the majority of managers, being appointed a coach of a national team is a huge honor and normally seen as the pinnacle of your career but in FM it almost seems like an inconvienince!! I would like it if you were appointed coach of say England you had to leave your club job and there becomes a lot more stuff to do in the England set up. Ie you get a contract, your coaches actually mean something. You have interaction with players and club managers who manage players in your national pool, you attend press conferences after you announce your squad to explain your descions (why you called someone in or dropped someone). You wouldnt always have to leave your club job but for big countries I think you would.

I have always thought that International management needs to be improved and I hope one day it is.

Hi all, sorry for jumping in with somerthing else. Everybody has been complaining about the installation and heaps of other problems regarding FM2009. Ok, i must admit, there isnt alot of new major features, maybe just a tweak here and there. My one big problem with Football manager from the first one till the 2009 version is the damn responsiveness of the buttons. I dont know if its just because i am playing from my laptop or what. But sometimes i need to push a button 2 or 3 times before it actually registers. I know that FM2009 is a number crunching game, but surely simply browsing thru the FM2009 windows need not be that irritating time consuming. For me, a quality game such as FM2009 would be much more enjoyable with quick and snappy menu's than the current one's which sometimes makes me want to crush my mouse most of the times. :mad:

The ability to request a physio report on a potential signing so you can asses his likley hood of getting a injured, or if he has a recurring injury before you go and spend 15 million on someone to lie on the physio's table for 3 months.

Also more involvment in the physio role in general in the game. What do they actually do?

I decided to start a new unemployed career game with the 9.2.0 patch and it got me thinking. My dilemma is that I want to start as a pro for a change but not a pro who has spent his career in the higher leagues. That is what the job offers I get suggest to me, as the first offer I usually get is Watford in the English Championship, and I'm not really sure all pros would get that choice.

If I start as a semi-pro I'm unlikely to get offers from anywhere above the Blue Square North/South, and not a dead cert to get offers there. I'm usually limited to the Irish, Welsh or foreign leagues.

I just think the past experience scale needs to be expanded to something like:

Ex-international;

Ex-senior division pro;

Ex-lower division pro;

ex-senior non-league (pro/semi-pro);

ex-minor football (semi-pro/amateur)

ex-sunday league (amateur).

That gives any manager a fuller range of options and allows people to be more what they want.

There's further ideas in the thread I started, where someone directed me here.

Obviously, I have not read through 36 pages, I have a life, but here is my wish.

If there was ever to be new sounds in games, it would be team anthems, and that they could improve morale pre-match. Also the fans chanting should help morale during matches. Take Liverpool at Anfield in European nights, the fans must be a morale booster for the players.

One small thing I would like to see in FM10 is an away attendance.

For example if the match is Middlesborough V Aston Villa and the attendance is 45,093 it says in bracketts next to the attendance it says (3,457 from Villa)

or something along those lines.

I think it would be a nice little feature as I have often wondered how many fans my team takes away

One small thing I would like to see in FM10 is an away attendance.

For example if the match is Middlesborough V Aston Villa and the attendance is 45,093 it says in bracketts next to the attendance it says (3,457 from Villa)

or something along those lines.

I think it would be a nice little feature as I have often wondered how many fans my team takes away

That's something the researches should hopefully already have an eye on, it would even give the Hardcore Fans rating some meaning.

1) An increase in the amount of animations per frame in the 3d match engine from what appears to be about 10-15 a/f to atleast 40 (whilst i think the 3d is a good step forwards in progression, it really needs to be more fluid)

2) An overhaul of the set piece system (free kicks & throw ins), as they are they are quite generic & cover all the options

there is a big difference between a Direct Freekick and an Indirect Freekick, and where the kick/throwin is taken from within your own half or the opponents half also has relevance

These differences should be reflected in the instructions that available within the tactical setup of the formation

Perhaps add the new quarter back role that seems to be being hyped up by the media at the moment. Even if it is only added to the "set to" bit of the tactics screen.

Also, when the deadline for loans is coming up the game should give you an option to try and re-negotiate short term loans so that they don't end half way between the deadline and transfer window.

Stop the basic errors in the match engine. I've lost a goal in each of the last 3 games through defenders simply ignoring the ball, plus the passing has gone to pot with 9.2.0.

Stopping players freezing mid-match.

Allow crosses to beat the first defender. Some won't, I agree, but they never do.

Strikers cannot score for toffee, even when their reputation is continental.

To be able to sign players who are retiring or who are unemployed on short term contracts.

Stop fouls being ignored by the ref.

It's very frustrating. Some elements of this are excellent, but there are far too many basics that you haven't got right.

- An instant messenger/chat room for the forums which will be open for e.g 1hr a day and will have staff helping people having problems with the game as the threads have slow response to paying customers.

- sideline talk: this is a big step for improved match day experience. Just like in real life as the team goes a goal down the manager should be on the sideline instructing the team and motivating them or even make things even worse depending on the chosen option

- An S.I. created in game modifier that actually comes with the game or is made as a patch by the creators of the game

- Better training options instead of the sliders it should be more in depth

- An instant messenger/chat room for the forums which will be open for e.g 1hr a day and will have staff helping people having problems with the game as the threads have slow response to paying customers.
This is not customer support, its a community forum and most of the 'staff' are just volunteer moderators.

I'm Leeds United and I've just played a game on FM (my last game in season 5 if your interested) and Bogdon Lobont had an absolute corker of a game! I'd knight him just for that performance if it were me nevermind the other 5 performaces that also earned him a MoM (he tied at the top with a few others including one other Leeds player)

After this match where he saved more than the WW1 armistice (look it up if you don't understand the reference). Personally I wish I could give him a bonus for this performance.

On the norwegian forum for football manager "http://fmnorge.com/forum/", we also have a thread were we can say what we would like to fix or have on the next football manager game. But since the makers of football manager lives on this site, I have decided to lay out the list we have until now here. So maybe something that we want`s comes on the next game:) And for the record: It`s something not so good suggestions here, but we have removed the badest like "the players should get into a fight. That coll, an maybe they could die to", and thinks like that. Okay, here is the list:

- Send staffmembers to a class (so they get better in what they do)

- Improve 3D-function (Better quality and graphics)

- Build talentcamps different places on the planet

- Use the managerwages

- Possibility to fix problems team-mates has to eachother

- Decide when the players should warm up (To reduce injuries)

- Accession to team tactics in the match monitor

- Give the players a possibility move in or out from their positions during the match

- The mentality slider (when you set instructions in tactic) could be the average of each player's mentality, so when you move the mentality slider in team tactics you also move each player's mentality.

- Much more intelligent board (!)

- The old system for ratings (7-8-7-8-7)

- Get back the old arrows when you set tactics

- Much better translation

- A little bit easier tactical section

- More comments, both in media and in the game in general

- A bug-free game

- Offside lines in replays

- Better player-IQ

- That FM could be played with computers that aren't the best on the market

- More suggestions to the board, for example to get more coaches

- Talk to the players when you do a substitute, and take them of the field. (When it's not half-time)

- More exciting press conferences

- Training camps for your talents

- More big talents from the small clubs

- Better first-touch

- Less reackless tackles, and for those who come, it should be harder punishments.

- Much better positioning for the goalkeeper. They should be more active in the area, and move more on the goal-line.

- More saves on the penalty-kicks

- The players shouldn`t lay down after each situation as long as they do now

My english isn`t so good, but I hope you understood it:)

for strikers something that you can tick so they get greddy and dont pass to a team mate and try to always score themselfs

also you should be able to say i think this player deserves to get into the international side for who ever he is from

Here is and updatet list from fmnorge(the Norwegian site for football manager):

- The board should take into consideration what opponent you face in the cups when they rate the results. For example if I am Nothingham Forrest and I meet Manchester United in the Fa-cup, the board get`s mad if i dont win.

- The manager should have more to say when the club is searching for new feeder or parent clubs.

- The manager should be more involved in the trainings

- More advanced manager-player relationship

- The manager should have something to say when a new/bigger stadium are planned

- More functions when it comes to talentwork

- New functions when it comes to 3D: Could se goals only, whitout all the other highlights.

- Build the game up in a more galant and easy way

- Numbers for each notch on the tactical sliders

- Yellow card for extreme time wasting

- More focus on what happens outside the pitch from the media before matches

- On this version the talents don't evolve easy. If you are using a 17 year old talent on the reserve-team it should be more then good enough matching for him.

- The players should be better on returns from the posts and the goalie

- A player that are one on one with the goalkeeper shouldn`t go down to the line to wait for back-up!

- The players shouldn`t clare the ball to corner when he is on the corner of the 18 yard box

- A posibility to get a standard instruction for the opponents. For example allways close down their attackers. Also a posibility to give the same instructions to several players at the same time.

- More history about the players. For example prices the player has won. Like "player of the month" and so on.

- Personal high scores for each player, like fastest goal etc.

- A posibility to send a player/staffmember on course so they can learn the language for the country the play/work in. And when he is on that course, he misses trainings, matches etc.

Archived