Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

1.) (Tactics) When you move players on the team positions screen you can't relly move them where you want to. It would be better if you could put them anywhere on the pitch you wanted, & i mean everywhere.

2.) Make the 3D match engine better, EG: better graphics (Movement) make the players have there own style of running and kicking the ball, Unique celebrations maybe?

3.) Whilst playin a game, You should be able to have commends availble, Eg: In Lma Manager you could shout, Attack!, Keep The Ball! & So On...

4.) You should be able to watch your players/team train in full 3d...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The show on wrong foot is just as default in any decent game of football as headers are when a ball is up in the air.

As said, let the show on wrong foot be a default behavior, to be changed at will whenever a scenario like you describe occurs.

Takes away a LOT of clicks.

Ah, I see what you mean.

In that case I agree completely... "show onto weaker foot" should definitely be the "default behaviour" unless you choose a different option.

It would definitely save on clicks.

That whole "opposition instructions" page bugs me. Can't save or load opposition instructions, and not even an "ask assistant to pick" function!

3.) Whilst playin a game, You should be able to have commends availble, Eg: In Lma Manager you could shout, Attack!, Keep The Ball! & So On...

I love this idea.

"Give it to Dave on the wing!"

"Calm it down, John! Don't get sent off!"

"Gary! Through ball, Bob's in space!"

"Dan! Watch Rooney, he's unmarked!"

I love this idea.

"Give it to Dave on the wing!"

"Calm it down, John! Don't get sent off!"

"Gary! Through ball, Bob's in space!"

"Dan! Watch Rooney, he's unmarked!"

Also maybe an option to hear your crowd sing their teams theme song during home matches ? also put a realistic crowd photo on 3d match engine, currently there's nothing

Yeahhh good idea...

It could spur your team on as well...

Cause in real life the fans are the most important thing to do with the club

i would like to see more stats on how well teams are performing - something in the form of below

Team A has won x out of x games. Unbeaten in x number of league / cup / european games.

Team A is unbeaten in x out of x home league games and x/x away league games.

Team A has won last x out of x league / cup / european games

or team A has not won in x games and same kind of format as above.

There was a game, many years ago now, something like Football Director or Ultimate Soccer Manager that had a counter like above where it gave about 5 or 6 different stats on performance.

So, you would have an unbeaten in all competitions counter, an unbeaten at home counter and a note of the previous best record. And an unbeaten in the league, cup and european games.

not sure if this has been even mentionned before but as my spurs team we won league cup in my first year. The following season i thought id concentrate on league and played a second string (mainly U18's - like Arsenal do) and when we lost against Wigan i got slated my board and press. Surely the game should regonise the league cup as a chance for the bigger teams to give match experience to youth players and the board and press should understand that we may lose these games. :mad:

Suggestion....During the game you can have the assistant giving suggested feedback for teamtalks,well i think you should be able to reset the assis's feedback simply because if your assis is not very good you don't always want to take his advice,so a further dropdown bar should be introduced to "reset" his feedback.

Hope that makes sense.

I would really like AI-clubs to stop bidding the same amount of cash for a player 20 times in one transfer window when I clearly told them I wasn't going to accept that bid. Especially with players that are much wanted, this is very annoying, since you often have multiple clubs bidding the same amount over and over again... very frustrating.

I want a match-engine like the current CM. It's a bit more 3D (you can see hight etc.), but it's still very much a model that leaves much to your own imagination. I want pitch-invasions by fans, I want confetti, fireworks etc. when winning a competition and I want to see my blobs (players) on a podium with a cup after winning a competion.

That would be awesome. Little animations already made ahaha... I know it doesnt add to the manergiral experience but would be nice and yes repeataive after

you win everything 1000 times...

I'd like to see a game you can play on release without any bugs.

Is that too much to ask for ?

Shame on you.

It is too much to ask for. The day any company anywhere ever releases a game the size and complexity of FM without any bugs in it, I will personally eat the gold disc they used.

Now having said that, it is strange how some particularly glaring bugs do creep through..

Ok, I tried to search for this but haven't had any luck using the words I would expect.

When searching for players or coaches, have a set of checkboxes like FML has to set the attributes you want to include, rather than having to go back to the dropdowns for each new attrib you add

Also, as in FML, would love to be able to have user definable views (where you can determine which columns to include)

With the detailed managing path SI has seemingly taken the casual gamer has 0 chance of being a successful manager in FM 09 unless he spends on average of 45 minutes (real time) per game, for my game including transfers,training,contract reviews etc if i add it all up it's probably taking me one hour per game and with some leagues having near 50 games per season (not counting friendlys) do the math, in the neighborhood of 50 hours to finish a season.

i don't know how you could do it but the current opponent instruction template is becoming a bit outdated. a lot of this can be automated.

a winger is right foot only i do believe i want to show onto weaker foot (should be automated)

an amc has a passing attribute of 16 and i am in england league 2 yes i want to close him down. (again automated)

some may not agree but if tm/st has low bravery/high jumping att hard tackling (automated)

also for individual instructions there should be a preference if you are yellow flagged it is optional to switch said player to easy tackling (automated)

this may not sound like much but each time i press the pause screen to go back to my in-game tactics screen be it change tactics opponent subbed player or i get a foul (opponent gets a foul pass to his side rwb (automated)) i usually get the 5-10 second pause to get to the screen then 15 seconds+ in the screen then another 5-10 seconds for changing tactics screeny to go away.

with all that said here's my si christmas patch wish

1) get the outfielders to make more believable strikes when in the box (what i have seen in some games reminds me of pong)

2) whats with these spawned superhuman players when im up a goal at the 80 minute mark? if you wanted the dramatic end game well you've accomplished it now get it back to normal please.

3) please automate what ever all you young bright developers/programmers at SI can. i like realistic management but i feel i need to actually get paid real money for completing a full season.

4) don't take these jabs too serious. love the game and for the most part i think 09 has been a success

For all the leagues with reserves or U20 or U21 without league invitation:

It should be possible to give the assistant manager the order to arrange friendly games for the reserve before the season starts.

Arrange friendly games for the reserve squad - select game day - weekly, every two weeks, monthly

For all the leagues with reserves or U20 or U21 without league invitation:

It should be possible to give the assistant manager the order to arrange friendly games for the reserve before the season starts.

Arrange friendly games for the reserve squad - select game day - weekly, every two weeks, monthly

agreed. seems i am always in the reserves screen trying to find them a game to play

Another goalkeeper attribute?

Right now they have a free kick taking and a penalty taking attribute, it would be cool if they got a penalty stopping attribute, in the real game there are some goalies that are just better in stopping a penalty then others. It would also suit the goalkeepers more then the 2 attributes I named, and I think everyone agrees that goalkeepers need some work done. They almost never reach either posts when it comes to a penalty, all saves I've seen are badly kicked penalties aimed in the center or between center and post. I don't say that they need to stop every penalty, a penalty right in the corner of the net is also hard to save IRL.

"Live" injections?

Sometimes a player gets injured on the field, right after you used all your substitutes and you're down to 10 men. It would be cool if you had an option wether or not the player could continue playing, if it's possible ofcourse, you can't really continue playing with a broken leg ofcourse. Something like the option to give him the injection or leave him to the physio you sometimes get when it's a minor injure that will last for like 1 month, also add the same risk that when you give the "live" injection your player will be out for longer than expected. How his condition and further contribution is on the pitch that's something that will be hard to get right.

Just some toughts :)

I read through as many as I could so if I repeat, my apologizes.

1- Kit selection- Im tired of the same kits for 5 seasons straight. A nice little kit selection screen before submitting the team would be cool. And with that the ability to change kits like every team does to get alittle more revenue from merchandising. Maybe it would be a board decision thing.

2- Less weather- It impacts the game to much and happens all the time. I've seen 40*C with downpour... it just doesnt make sense

3- Bribes- Thats just funny. You could try, possibly get caught or not. We all know it happens too.

4- Chairman mode-

5- More Sponsership money- Or more offers

Just a few things:

I would like to see aplayer put in a first time cross in the game.

Manager interaction, when another manager continually praises one of your players i would like to be able to respond with something suitable. Maybe like "stop publically tapping up my player" or "put in a proper bid or feck off"

cheers.

what about the old player search feature where you could do 7 out of 8 attributes selected etc. so you don't miss a cracking player because his pace is 14 instead of 15.

Also the old print out of the fixtures where you would get score, attendence and scorers for each match, TBH haven't checked this in recent games but it used to be in the old pre CM4 games

Not sure if I've got this right but I believe individual player settings take preference over team settings.

If so, then I'd like the option to override player settings. Example - last 5 minutes of the match I'd like to say "the whole team should employ time wasting tactics" rather than have to set this for every player.

Under your profile i would think adding 'media handling' as a new stat would be good, as now the game has even more emphasise on that side of the managment than before and is likely to be improved each year, depending on how good your stat is could very the response/questions you get from the journos ie: if you have a low stat then the journos could be more aggressive in their questioning, whereas if you have a high stat then they will treat you with more respect and realise that you are not to be mucked about

Make it so there's a feature on the main menu where you can make teams from separate games play against each other in a one off match

I'd love to be able to pit my teams from separate save files against each other to see who's superior

Pretty simple and probably mentioned before, but in finances have a screen displaying how much each players shirt sales/merchandise is selling, or even just who sells the most shirts. Small but interesting addition.

Also, and I'm not sure how this would work, but in opposition instructions be able to just have the instructions set for a starting player 'carry over' if they are substituted? I know a change in formation or tactical change would bugger this up but there may be a way, like a small screen when he is subbed asking if the instructions should carry over? Just an idea.

And this may sound a little Fifa Manager'ish' but what about being able to make a 'family day' or open a training session to the public in pre-season to boost members or any other time if you are feeling generous. This could improve your public image and maybe affect the way the media interacts with you.

Goalkeeper penalty stopping attribute....Cech 0

Finally, the ability to hold a press conference of your own that could include publicly declaring interest in a player, asking for fan support etc, may be a bit lame without several ideas but just the grounding...

im from south africa and though i still dont have my FM09, i can only add sumthing from FM08.

AND PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT A RACIST COMPLAINT, just a thought to be more realsitic!!!

in South Africa, or africa in general, there is a massive difference when it comes to names of white or black people, noe my idea is for the REGEN PLAYERS and THEIR NAMES, you will get in FM08 a regen player who is WHITE, with the name THABO NDLOVU for a random example, the problem with this is that both THABO and NDLOVU are very very common BLACK names, so a white player with that name is almost ridiculas! and not at all realistic, AND PLEASE DONT THINK IM RACIST BY SAYING THIS!

another example would be a BLACK regen player with a name such as FRANCIOUS DU PLESISS, which is an incredibly white name here, I hope SI is getting my point that it seems very unrealistic to mix up names and races. i know they regen players and it randomized, but thats just my view!

AGAIN PLEASE DONT THINK OF ME AS RACIST!

PS> here are sum common black and white names and surnames (FORGIVE MY SPELLING PLS) if itl help SI!

Black:

Ndlovu

Mokeona

Lebogang

Thabo

Thebogo

Zuma

Radebe (Leeds Fans might remeber Lucas Radebe)

Junior

Khanye

ETC ETC

White:

Du Plessis

Van Der Merwve

Botes

Botha

Tian

Thinus

Pieter

Jean

De Villers

etc etc

PPS: by the way i mean that the Regen players pic dont match with thier name!

ALos these are by no means the most common names or anything, thay are just an example of how balck and white names differ!

Archived