Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would like To see curved runs back asap as this was a major part of my formation and allowed me to get the most from cristiano ronaldo

They're not coming back. Previously the arrows were in fact not runs, they were an instruction to move to a different part of the pitch when you had the ball. Now they're just an indication of how often the player should venture forward. Because this includes 'curved runs', the new arrows actually do what you thought the old ones did.

I agree with the last posts of FYL2U and GAVINZAC (the 1st part).... I´ll try to think of some things of my own, hopefully not mentioned before...

.. but definitely I´d love to see more options related with our youth teams. International youth camps contracts, invest in feeder teams, improved interaction with the managers of those feeder teams (suggest certain training for "name of the player", criticize not playing "name of player" (and at risk of that team´s request to cancel the agreement..), etc...

I spend a lot of time improving my "B"/reserve and youth teams... sometimes more than the "A" teams... :*

Make data lists more tweakable like in Excel.

It would also be great if, on pages where we have lists (of players or teams and stats etc.) if we could pull the column fields around by mouse, to change the order and size of the columns, and rather than having "set" stats layouts, allow us to personalise them, e.g. if I am on the first team squad page, and I want to compare specific stats or attributes of all my players, but only some mental attributes, some physical attributes, some attacking attributes, and a few other stats, then I'd like to be able to personalise and save a custom layout that contains only the stats I'd chosen, in the order I'd chosen them.

I've been hoping for something along these lines for a long while.

On previous versions, you could view 'selected attributes' (ie, the ones you'd decided to filter on), rather than just 'defensive', 'attacking', 'technical'. That was much better - so I could compare a bunch of players on just Jumping/Tackling/Positioning/Marking, for instance.

Something that I really would want to see changed is the "show on weaker foot". I think this is such a.....simpleton addition to the game, as any footballplayer with only a teensie bit of skill and understanding KNOWS that this is just basic defending. Can you imagine Felipe telling John Terry "oh yes, remember, always show Ronaldo on his wrong foot, if not, he might score from distance!".

Replace Terry and Felipe with any coach and player from any side that pretend to know what the heck they are doing. Even in 4th amateur level this is standard.

This really puts me on tilt, that every game I have to specifically set this in opposition instructions. It should be a default thing, to be overridden (sp) by any other setting. I am doing it every game manually, and it is starting to royally **** me off.

Let it be a default thing, and up to your defenders and skill of opposing players how this plays out on the pitch.

Argh.

To further make the gameplay different from small unknown clubs to the big clubs: If you are a manager for an amateur/half-pro team the supporters should be able to invite you for a meeting to discuss what's going wrong (just use the press conferance module). (This happend twice in real life with my local team that have an attendance at around 1500-2000).

In pre-season here in Norway it's also quite normal that there's alot of trail players, either invited or mostly with agents calling and asking to get a chance for a week or two. Next week I expect to see around 4-5 new players on the training field for my team and would also be a good way to get players a new club, redusing the free transfer list. Also it usually happends that these are players from all over the world and would be very fun for a lower league manager in norway to have a brasilian on visit for a week since he probably won't be able to send a scout out to that part of the world anyway (even if the player might turn out crappy).

I would like keyboard shortcuts to show and hide the various info boxes available during 3D TV view. I like being able to see the match stats and my own team's stats during the game, but they cover up parts of the pitch, so it would be great if there was a quick way to show and hide them.

Also, these boxes could be a bit more transparent...

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'll probably be shot down by other users for suggesting this, but I think you're missing a trick with the advertising banners on matchdays. Why not have it so that the banners are selected via an SI server on the internet, and clicking them opens a new browser window taking you to the appropriate website? You could sell them as banner ads. You already have the user's location from registration, so you could sell locally-directed adverts from a central server, and everyone's copy of FM would connect to that server to receive the images for the banner ads and web addresses they link to.

Kerching.

More income for SI = more programmers can be paid = better future versions of the game.

Everyone wins!

Except for those who try to click on a player to see his name, misses slightly and ends up having to close a browser window to get back to the pitch. I don't mind the ads, but I don't want them clickable.

i wish i could play a saved game in a newer version with its extended features.

I don't know how the SI save game files are constructed, but I imagine someone with programming skills and enough time on their hands would be able to create a shareware conversion app... might make some money too.

1. Much better graphics on the 3D engine - why?

2. Dug-out view in 3D mode (so you would see the game from a managers view) - jesus, why?

3. More interaction with the fans. I would like to ba able to invite fans clubs etc etc to come see the ground and players train and increase charisma - a manager's duty, or a task for someone who isn't in charge of -the team-?

4. Players perfomances related much more to how happy and in-form they are. At the moment, for me I always play the players with the best attributes for the position. If a player isnt happy, a few games in the team and all is well. - Well, isn't that (mostly) how it works IRL?

5. Some newspaper headlines (like in Fifa manager 2009) the day after a big win/ loss - why??

6. More board interaction and some board meetings to analyze your performance as manager after a number of games/ big loss - ok, I guess, but in what way?

I think if people want a game with good 3D graphics they should buy fifa or something. Thats not FM is about. Instead of focusing on the graphis side they should just focus on the management side. the best manager games ever were in 01-02 when there wasn't even 2D graphics but the game was very enjoyable.

for SI to look at this thread with the intent to actually add some of this stuff to the game.

a questions to SI thread that is looked at & responded to by SI

p.s i suggest a best of the wishlist thread

p.p.s are there any examples of suggestions made here from the beginning that were actually implemented?

I think if people want a game with good 3D graphics they should buy fifa or something. Thats not FM is about. Instead of focusing on the graphis side they should just focus on the management side. the best manager games ever were in 01-02 when there wasn't even 2D graphics but the game was very enjoyable.

Back in '02, I used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter mile.

Ohhhh, man I wish I could go back in time.... I'd take state....

sorry to tell you this but the days of no 3D graphics in these games are gone.

you're livin' too much in '02

I was thinking about the tactics side and thought it would be nicer to replace the slider systems with a selection of drop downs for both attacking and defending. This way it would appear more realistic instruction wise for example.

Joe Smith (AML)

Attacking With ball - take on your man and hit the byline,

cut inside.

Attacking Without Ball - stay wide and stretch defence,

come inside and leave space for the FB to overlap,

Defending - Help out the FB,

track the opp FB,

stay up and stretch the game.

obviously I have just put together some quick thoughts on this but I think it could look good and offer different options obviously depending on the position.

Except for those who try to click on a player to see his name, misses slightly and ends up having to close a browser window to get back to the pitch. I don't mind the ads, but I don't want them clickable.

I know what you mean. I only suggested it as a way of SI making some extra cash.

Extra cash for SI would hopefully mean they'd employ more programmers to work on the FM series, which means we would hopefully get better versions quicker.

Preferably ones that actually worked straight out of the box without needing to be patched, and didn't crash out at irritating moments.

I don't mind hitting the "x" in the corner of a browser window occasionally if it meant a better game.

How about implementing a difficulty level, e.g. "realistic" or "simplified", for the key aspects of the game, e.g. Tactics, Training, Transfers, Team Management, etc. So if you choose "simplified" difficulty for Tactics, for example, you will only be able to set the mentality (attack, normal, defence), passing (short, long, direct, mixed), and formation. "Simplified" Transfers will only have bid price, basic salary, and contract term. This is to help new players ease into the game, or for an easy quick game with your mates.

Probably one for the future

Currently,we only can view the previous season's league table,after the end of it.It does not show how the league table looked,after a certain matchday.I think so,we should be able to see previous league tables how they looked after certain matchdays.

Or,we could have a position graph,for every previous league season,which IMO might be better.Do you guys agree or not?

Thread

A bit more in the way of opposition player interaction would be nice. At the moment you can just say "I want to sign him." I'd like to be able to comment in the press about Sol Campbell's tackling being awful, for example.

right i would like the following ;

1, the press stop asking the same question 3/4 times in a conference

2, to be able to tell the board why we got pumped by our arch rivals or why we aint top when we are a few games behind

3, instead of telling players to learn new moves, why not just be able to tell him 'right sonny, in this match i want you to hug the wing or scythe him down at every oppurtunity'

4, kevin keegan style meetings with the diehard fans when you sell your best player

5, more team talk options, like, instead of getting a select few why not get them all, because although they are all similar they all tend to have different effects on the team, like when my guys are playing poorly and morale is low i dont get the encourage option and when morale is high i get encourage but cant tell them their playing bull

6, dont know if anyone else gets this but i think there is an inferiority complex in the game like, players standing in awe of an opposition guy or not playing as they would against a similar staus team

7, on 09 i havent been able to say the ref made a blunder and ruined the game (possibly yet) i would like to say he was pish after he turns down my stonewall penalty, or even boot the water bottles away in disgust and get sent to the stand, in other words the option to react furiosly the blind ref :)

8, goalkeepers to be able to dive

ok i know this suggestion doesnt happen in real life but...

what about creating a non league in scotland, because we have teams like spartans and dalbeattie star who are in the game but as far as i know are not playable, they are capable of playing in the scots leagues so would it be possible to create the above league and the the winner of that league replaces the bottom scots 3rd division team, the reason for this suggestion is because all these non league teams are in the game and it would just add to the game

even if the option is there to have it in your game like a check box for this option

Something that I really would want to see changed is the "show on weaker foot". I think this is such a.....simpleton addition to the game, as any footballplayer with only a teensie bit of skill and understanding KNOWS that this is just basic defending. Can you imagine Felipe telling John Terry "oh yes, remember, always show Ronaldo on his wrong foot, if not, he might score from distance!".

Replace Terry and Felipe with any coach and player from any side that pretend to know what the heck they are doing. Even in 4th amateur level this is standard.

This really puts me on tilt, that every game I have to specifically set this in opposition instructions. It should be a default thing, to be overridden (sp) by any other setting. I am doing it every game manually, and it is starting to royally **** me off.

Let it be a default thing, and up to your defenders and skill of opposing players how this plays out on the pitch.

Argh.

Ah, you've not seen the genius in the "show onto .... foot" options, then?

What if the opposition is using a "straight down the middle" tactic and has strikers that are great at shooting but rubbish at heading?

In this case, it would be better to show the wingers onto their "crossing" foot, regardless of whether it was their strong foot or not.

I agree that the current system is annoying, that you end up having to click FAR too many times in the drop-down menus before you can start a match, so I suggest they use a "save opposition instructions" function, so that you can load standard opposition instructions with only a few clicks, instead of 30-or-so clicks.

oh yeah 1 more;

to have tactics when in possesion and tactics when not in possesion

that would be something si should really take a note of maybe as part of a complete overhall of the extremelly frustrating and poor tactial side of the game.:confused:

A slight larger percentage of regans appearing in the Home Nations/Ireland with mix Nationality. For example the lack of Anglo-Scots and Scots-Irish appearing in England and Scotland respectively is very low compared to real world.

The Gentleman's Agreement to finally be place for the Home Nations.

The realisation most small clubs in both England and Scotland can afford to travel over the border (£35 return trip) to watch other teams playing for Scouting reasons.

Ah, you've not seen the genius in the "show onto .... foot" options, then?

What if the opposition is using a "straight down the middle" tactic and has strikers that are great at shooting but rubbish at heading?

In this case, it would be better to show the wingers onto their "crossing" foot, regardless of whether it was their strong foot or not.

I agree that the current system is annoying, that you end up having to click FAR too many times in the drop-down menus before you can start a match, so I suggest they use a "save opposition instructions" function, so that you can load standard opposition instructions with only a few clicks, instead of 30-or-so clicks.

The show on wrong foot is just as default in any decent game of football as headers are when a ball is up in the air.

As said, let the show on wrong foot be a default behavior, to be changed at will whenever a scenario like you describe occurs.

Takes away a LOT of clicks.

I think SI should look at this: It is way too easy to sell a player "when the English transfer window opens".

I just sold Jonathan Spector (I am Brondby from Denmark) for £4.0 in August - the transfer will go through after the season!! I have no problem with this, but it seems a bit unrealistic concerning when the transfer will go through :p

If the team is in a bad streak the assist manager could ask you for permission to let the players do something fun on training instead of the usual tasks to lighten the mood. This should be a pluss for moral and a minus for training progression that week.

Training Camps and team holidays. You should be able to request these, with the board telling you whether they'll agree or not. When you're requesting you should tell them whether its for training or for a morale/health boost, and offer a couple of different reasons why they need that. There are a number of different training camps around Europe at least, and often teams that wind up in the same camp at the same time will play a light friendly while they are there, which can lead to some unique friendlies, e.g. earlier this year an Irish team played a russian team in spain.

Hello, sorry if these are already suggested. Thread is already 35 pages long :)

1. In multiplayer games, should be option to tone down calculation time of lower level cup & Euro cup & international games. With even mid-end system, it's quite frustrating to wait for 20 minutes of your next game. And for us it is quite useless to know those results.

2. In multiplayer, please implement decent chat window so we can discuss easily while watching matches etc.

3. Also make an option that all the matches are really in the same time, move matches for TV-doesn't seem to be doing anything (or we are just doing it wrong :)

+ Not really sure if these next ones are of something we've done wrong, but if I've have 18-y prospect and buy a first team accomplished player to his place. He is unhappy, maybe he need's to understand that he really is a prospect.

+ Also when I'm a 'big' team and win by only little margin, the board and the fans are unhappy. I think that win is a win no matter how big.

+ Also loaning free players 0% of wage, how in earth he can be disapointting signing, he is still free :D

I would like to have an 'owner option' where you can

a) start by owning a club, or without owning any club but some reasonable sum of money

b) hire managers and get as involved as you choose (getting more involved means you can inflect how the team works/who they sign, but means managers don't like working for you!)

c) set budgets for facilities, transfers, wages, approve exceptions, etc.

d) buy and sell clubs

e) get invited to FA meetings or become FA country president!

f) vote for national team manager

you can easily imagine a whole new rating (fan popularity, manager popularity, merchandising, etc.)

You could use your personal wealth in example following way:

After you have earned enough money, you can buy you own lowerleague team and be it's sugar daddy.

You can assign manager to that and can use your team as feeder club etc.. You can also inject money when you see it best.

For International Football:

1) Training Camp:

When the Club Season ends, the International manager should be able to take players who haven't been regularly in his squad on a training camp to Portugal or wherever and the coaches should give a report on the best and weakest players. (Happened at the end of last season, Ireland Manager, Trapatoni took Ireland to Portugal for a training camp.)

2) Recommending Players to Clubs:

The International Manager should be able to recommend his players to other clubs. (Again, Trapatoni has recommended Alex Bruce to Fiorentina and Shay Given to Inter Milan etc)

Managers player of the season

when a team offer to buy your plater of you try buy one of computers players, if and when you reject the offer, you can say like you cannot buy him but you may have him on loan of X amount of months.

when you start as a moanager you should be able to put in a few clubs you dislike of like when doing your profile

Hello, sorry if these are already suggested. Thread is already 35 pages long :)

1. In multiplayer games, should be option to tone down calculation time of lower level cup & Euro cup & international games. With even mid-end system, it's quite frustrating to wait for 20 minutes of your next game. And for us it is quite useless to know those results.

2. In multiplayer, please implement decent chat window so we can discuss easily while watching matches etc.

3. Also make an option that all the matches are really in the same time, move matches for TV-doesn't seem to be doing anything (or we are just doing it wrong :)

+ Not really sure if these next ones are of something we've done wrong, but if I've have 18-y prospect and buy a first team accomplished player to his place. He is unhappy, maybe he need's to understand that he really is a prospect.

+ Also when I'm a 'big' team and win by only little margin, the board and the fans are unhappy. I think that win is a win no matter how big.

+ Also loaning free players 0% of wage, how in earth he can be disapointting signing, he is still free :D

I like your ideas alot. I play alot of multiplayer games and it feels a little too much distance from eachother. A chat window in-game would be nice.

Also to make eachothers press conferances pop up in the news window would be a good way to make users care more about what they write in the extra comment field and also add fun to the games.

I have an idea, i would like to see a set piece training session where the manager can see the set pieces in action. with the new 3d match engine i think this would be a supurb feature. this could be a optional feature that can be maybe once a week or even a couple of set pieces every day. obviously i am not an expert at this but i don,t think that it would be very dificult to achieve. this could include corners attacking you have the power to set individual instructions for corners so this training session could show you them in action, this is the same for defending corners, free kicks and throwins. set pieces are an essential part of football and can be the difference fa cup 3rd round or not. Histon v Leeds. any feedback or further ideas on this would be great... please please SI give it a go.

I'd like PPM learning requests and new position learning requests to be done in the same way - and this should be through Training not through Player Interaction. I'd like language learning requests added to these as well. And I'd like position learning completion reports to come up as news just as PPM learning completion reports do. Some are actually very confusing at the moment - for example, "X has learnt to play on the right wing" is supposed to mean that X has acquired the "Runs with ball down right" PPM, but more logically would suggest he has acquired the positional ability to play AM R.

Would it be possible to get a little more flexibility in the ability to create/utilize your formations in tactics. What I would like to see is to have something along the lines of what FIFA 09 (not the manager edition) does in respects to making custom formations to get the most out of your players.

As it is right now with the game, it's very "cookie cutter" in placing players on the pitch. there is no leeway given to be able to "shade" players up or back, or out wide or narrow. There have been many times where I've wanted a midfielder to play up a shade more, but in the game the only way to make that happen is to slot him in to a AM position, which he may not be comfortable with. Let's face it...the formations in the game are laid out on a 6 long by 5 wide positional grid, but managers in reality are using shapes that don't necessarily wedge themselves into that grid.

The grid mentality is fine if you run a base 4-4-2, or any of the "preset" tactics in the game, but it makes it very difficult to think outside the box, IMHO. If I want to have three midfielders in the center of the field, the only options I have positioning wise is to have all three of them in tight around the circle like so:

Midfield.jpg

or to have them spread way out like so:

Midfield2.jpg

If I want to shade the central midfielder up a little towards the top of the circle, while bringing the two wide players in a a little back, I can't do that. However, that's precisely the shape some teams I've seen take. You're not taking that middle guy and making him an "Attacking" player, or taking those two wingers and making them "defensive" players, but to make that shape in the game as it stands now that's what you have to do...there's no flexibility to have players play anywhere other than the 30 "slots" the game has now.

What I'd like to see is something similar to FIFA where if you have a player who is a central midfielder, he can play anywhere within a given region on the field, not just in one or two "slots" on a board.

So something like this, where your central midfielders can be positioned anywhere within the red box, attacking mids in the black box, and so on.

Zones1.jpg

Thoughts?

Archived