Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Hi. I had no idea this thread existed, and started a new one ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2070452#post2070452 ) for one of my suggestions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think that if you sign a foreign player out side of the transfer window who can't speak the language of the nation he'll be coming to, he should start learning as soon as the deal is concluded, instead of the current "not until he arrives".

The thought came to me when on my game I signed a Brazilian for Reading. I concluded the deal in mid-September, so he wouldn't actually arrive until January. His 'Player Happiness' was that he was looking forward to moving clubs. However, now he's here, my assistant says he has trouble fitting in becuase of the language barrier. Now, if that scenario were to happen IRL, then you just know that the player would be learning the language before he made the move. He had a full three and a half months to learn English, plenty of time to get the basics.

It's just a thought. It would help the game, in that there wouldn't be such a problem in terms of the language barrier, and also make it more realistic.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always thought of having multiple PAs. I don't know how hard it would be to code but I think it would be more accurate. For example, a player can have four (technical, mental, GK and physical) PAs or six (offensive and defensive technical, offensive and defensive mental, GK and technical) PAs. Appropriate attributes are linked to each of the PAs.

For example, CRonaldo could have attacking tech PA of 95, defense tech PA of 35~40, attacking mental PA of 85, defense mental PA of 40, GK of 10 and physical of 90. Nedved could be 80, 65, 85, 70, 10 and 85...you get the idea. I would love it if SI could make a future FM like this...

All attributes can be increased by tranining, but techincal attributes should have the most linear relationship to it. Mental stats will mostly increase as a player ages and becomes more experienced, but can also decrease in certain instances, such as if the coach benches him for a season. Physical stats will increase as a young player matures and peaks at around 28, and then slowly decreases. Other attributes can be increased or decreased with player talks, such as if you tell a player to be more/less aggressive. This can further distinguish different type of players and I think everyone would love it...

And btw, I don't think two-footedness should take up any CA, that just seems wrong. Instead, it should be natural and you can only improve it marginally via training.

Hi. I had no idea this thread existed, and started a new one ( http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?p=2070452#post2070452 ) for one of my suggestions. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I think that if you sign a foreign player out side of the transfer window who can't speak the language of the nation he'll be coming to, he should start learning as soon as the deal is concluded, instead of the current "not until he arrives".

The thought came to me when on my game I signed a Brazilian for Reading. I concluded the deal in mid-September, so he wouldn't actually arrive until January. His 'Player Happiness' was that he was looking forward to moving clubs. However, now he's here, my assistant says he has trouble fitting in becuase of the language barrier. Now, if that scenario were to happen IRL, then you just know that the player would be learning the language before he made the move. He had a full three and a half months to learn English, plenty of time to get the basics.

It's just a thought. It would help the game, in that there wouldn't be such a problem in terms of the language barrier, and also make it more realistic.

Don't worry. This thread is for people who just want to list their ideas of how they think the game can be improved. Starting a new thread is recommended when you want to generate a discussion on one particular idea you have. Obviously if there was a thread on the same idea already you should of course post in there. :thup:

I have replied to your thread on the topic. :)

1) Tactics redone so that we can more easily tell the players how we want them to play football. How do we really know what the difference between slider position 7 and 8 does without trying and maybe failing? This isn't realistic to me. Managers should be very clear on telling the players their work zones and it should be easier for us to know what we do when we adjust settings. Maybe something like "hot zones" where you can instruct a player of where his zone is when the opposite has the ball and where he can be when we have the ball.

Just more clarity is what I'm trying to say :) Why is there even several slider positions for each passing style, how can you tell the players to be just slightly direct or full out direct?

2) Training. I just read that 7 star trainers basically only works that they can train more players at a time and it doesn't matter what skills they have in the tactics & training forum. That's bad.

Also a weekly report from the assistant about who's doing well and who's doing bad on the training ground would be good.

3) More personality into the players and staff. It's so rare that players dislike someone now. And it should be ok that a player dislikes one coach in a club since it's pretty unlikely that everyone will get along with everyone when there's about 50 people in a club.

4) Better press/media. I was not impressed with this years improvement. It's going too slowly forward with the improvements in that area.

5) Tactics shouldnt matter alot for lower league teams. A manager for a amateur club way down in the leagues are not gonna be having a big tactical masterplan before a match and neither should we need to have to achieve success.

6) Let tactics be if they work. In my opinion the greatest teams we've seen have had a clear system that they have used throughout a longer period. If you mention say Milan the last 5-6 years under Ancelotti then you KNOW how they play and how they will always play under him with just small adjustments (Yeah, switching from 1 striker to 2 striker and such is one thing but the mentality is the same regardless). Same with Barceona under Rjikaard etc. Changing tactics from game to game should not be a good thing, minor adjustment should.

7) Better transfer negotiations. Negotiations shouldn't be "accept, recounter the offer, refuse" in big transfers. It should take as long as a few weeks sometimes to agree on a fee.

I was just chatting with a friend and we were discussing the good old days of CM and Domark...

Would it be too difficult to be able to start the game in the 80s with the likes of Dalglish, Barnes, Keegan, etc. or during the 90s of Cantona, Ginola and McManaman, etc. using the latest FM engine?

Front end wise, it's just a matter of choosing which year to start and loading the database for the corresponding year and yet being able to play those veterans using the latest FM09 engine :D

As of now, the only way to access those players (when they were young lol) is to play old versions of the game with poor graphics/interface (as compared to FM09)

Just wondering :rolleyes:

I was just chatting with a friend and we were discussing the good old days of CM and Domark...

Would it be too difficult to be able to start the game in the 80s with the likes of Dalglish, Barnes, Keegan, etc. or during the 90s of Cantona, Ginola and McManaman, etc. using the latest FM engine?

Front end wise, it's just a matter of choosing which year to start and loading the database for the corresponding year and yet being able to play those veterans using the latest FM09 engine :D

As of now, the only way to access those players (when they were young lol) is to play old versions of the game with poor graphics/interface (as compared to FM09)

Just wondering :rolleyes:

Well creating a database for each year would be a long task. Some people have created legends databases, though if you want to use them.

Wouldn't SI have these databases in store? Thought they can just retreive them from the older versions of the game :confused:

Well, I don't think there was any FM/CM in the 80's anyway so they would not have those. They have a huge master database, I think, so extracting that data into loads of different database would probably be a big task and it would also make the game much bigger.

The majority of these are probably on here but here goes:

1) I love the new Assistant Feedback in games - can this be added to with the physio also feeding back to aid in the knowledge of whether that knock is a) imparing the player and b) affecting the likelihood he'll be out for longer by staying on

2) Someone suggested the club assigning a director of football / academy manager a budget per season to poach/obtain promising youngsters - I think this would be a superb addition as I usually have to employ a scout to find them myself

3) I know you can have the A.Manager arrange friendlies however is it possible to add the ability to instruct him that you was a maximum of x friendlies between x date and x date with a minimum of x days between and advise on some form of difficulty gradient starting easy and working up in difficulty? Also on that topic when invited to friendlies how about a counter offer of not on the friday but we could play wednesday or saturday which could work visa versa when trying to arrange with other clubs too

4) When players demand contracts can you add some additional interaction i.e will gladly open talks but demands have to be sensible etc and during the process why doesn't the media get involved? Local media would ask about how things were going etc which would give the player a chance to grumble or praise the progress while the manager could also have the ability to say things like I'd love him to stay but we have a budget and he needs to respect that in his demands or make veiled hints to the chairman about the wage structure (which might lead the club to privately or publically improve the wage structure in this instance due to the perceived value of the player or the negative reaction of the fans were he to leave;) I am sure everyone has had a player who's demands were not meetable.

If the contract is then signed i'd probably expect to see some form of media report (dependent on the player's stature at the given club) but if its not signed how about having the option to either leave a contract on the table for the player to sign and telling the media that its up to the player now or putting the player on the transfer list because you'd rather sell them than lose them for nothing

5) More interaction with the chairman; now that the platform with the media allows for question and answers how about making more of End of season, Pre-season and Monthly touchpoints with the chairman - Topics might be:

Expectations - at the start of the season the chairman might want to (for example) avoid relegation giving the manager the ability to say I think 70% of the squad is up to it; I want to move on x players but i need 4 players to do so (possibly identify specific positions) and therefore i need £xm - from that the chairman can then make a budget available (linked to agreed targets) that may or may not be sufficient (which would obviously affect the relationship between the pair of you and also allow managers some form of comeback at the end of the season.) In addition the setting of other cup targets would be here too so a lower league chairman might suggest a cup run to be beneficial to the club and through discussions the targets set (at the moment until I look at the confidence tab I've no idea of the season expectations beyond the league.)

The on an on-going basis i.e monthly conversation would occur about progress - i.e when the club is disappointed at the club not being top when there are 3 games in hand etc this would allow the manager to point things like this out; in cup competitions i like the fact that the club now recognises if a target wasn't met because of playing a higher grade of opposition

Players - At the start of the season the manager should be able to tell the chairman that x player are key to any success so that they dont get sold from under your nose and of they do then it would intensify the bad taste. Equally the chaiman might remind the manager that (depending on the finances) players may need to be sold if a particularly good bid comes in. On a monthly basis there should be the ability to abmonish the chairman privately for selling a player behind your back as not everything is done through the papers; equally if you have mouthed off to the papers without speaking to the chairman about a disatisfaction then he might warn you!

Long-term plans - at the minute feeder clubs, training ground improvements, stadia improvements etc are very ad-hoc I am sure a lot of managers have input into things i.e we have 3 coaches next season I'd like to bring in a defensive coach in addition etc allowing them to plan for next season which might be linked to the division you are in so a promotion would allow more while a relegation would cause cut backs - on this topic this could be an end of season chat that says I need you to trim 2 coaches and lower the wage bill by x (i know a lot of this would be taken care of by the relegation reduction in wages clauses) but it would make the summer more interesting!

6) I love the new 3d aspect it makes the game feel much more playable (and I'll admit I was one of the people sort of against this inclusion a few years back!) Some additions though:

- Dug out camera's? (might be graphic dependent of course) many managers start in the stands and move to the bench in the second half

- The main stand camera height should depend on the stadium? Currently you're sat on a crain above the stadium (non league clubs) so for smaller stadiums you might be almost at pitch level where as at Wembley you might be a lot higher

- Multi angle replays? - for goals, sendings off etc having replays from multiple angles would be really useful especially if you need to comment on it afterwards; likewise on off-sides or not how about adding the replay with a line like they do on TV to prove/disprove the call

- How about adding people to the stadiums?

- More realistic dug-outs? they are the biggest dug-outs in the world currently

7) Can someone please look at the player history parts as so much of it is irrelevant and after several seasons it becomes a mess - how about:

Career History being career so appearances for all games appear on it not just league? Maybe add a filter on the side like on so many other screens to allow customisation of the competitions someone wants to see but the default should be all games (bar friendlies of course)

One line per season set to the main club (obviously if a player is transfered mid season they'd have 2) and loans being added as a sub line (a + against the season that when clicked shows the added teams and a different colour to identify loans) again have the option to have all open or all closed but default to closed. That way if a youngster goes out several times on loan he doesn't have a 20 line career history at 20 with all manner of information cluttering the screen. This would also help where spanish teams send players to the B teams and therefore have rows of meaningless seasons

Can all competition names be loaded to the game without having to have the league loaded? Its quite annoying to see massive gaps because the league isn't active

Achievements - rather than this just being a series of lines why not make it a biography?

Player X started his career at X making 20 appearences scoring 2 goals after coming through the academy; during this time he also spent time on loan at X, X and X making 47 appearances and scoring 6 goals. In 2006 he moved to X for £1,000,000 and made 65 appearences socring 1 goal before moving to X for £17,000,000. He has currently made 37 appearences and scored 4 goals for X

In his career to date he has collected 1 Premiership Champions medal (club), 3 FA Cup Winners medals (2 clubs) 1 FA Cup Runners-up medal (club), 1 League Cup Winners medal (club) and a Johnsons Paint Trophy Winners medal (club). He also suffered relegation with (club)

This would also allow the transfer values to be removed from the career history further cleaning it up and make it more engaging in my view. Injuries, suspensions etc can all be included in some way while any controversy i.e like Sol Campbell moving from Spurs to Arsenal on a free or deep affiliations with a club or manager could also be added

Can all histories, achievements etc be linked to the database loaded rather than one in the background of the files? The history screen does but the achievements all link somewhere else currently so if you have edited this info its not consistent

A better youth player setup, Players starting from age 10 plus. So you can develop them into the players you want.

Also, it would be so much better to not just pluck players from youth teams. For example, unattached youth players(free agents), football academys you can send scouts to (claire fontaine SP?), schools/college scouting option (send a scout to local schools for raw talent)

All this would be great. Please comment on this because I think its a really good idea...

Trying to keep this post positive, what would you like to see in FM10 next year?

Having played the new version, I would recommend the following -

1. Much better graphics on the 3D engine.

2. Dug-out view in 3D mode (so you would see the game from a managers view).

3. More interaction with the fans. I would like to ba able to invite fans clubs etc etc to come see the ground and players train and increase charisma.

4. Players perfomances related much more to how happy and in-form they are. At the moment, for me I always play the players with the best attributes for the position. If a player isnt happy, a few games in the team and all is well.

5. Some newspaper headlines (like in Fifa manager 2009) the day after a big win/ loss.

6. More board interaction and some board meetings to analyze your performance as manager after a number of games/ big loss.

They're just a few I can think of, but would be really nice to see.

1. Much better graphics on the 3D engine - why?

2. Dug-out view in 3D mode (so you would see the game from a managers view) - jesus, why?

3. More interaction with the fans. I would like to ba able to invite fans clubs etc etc to come see the ground and players train and increase charisma - a manager's duty, or a task for someone who isn't in charge of -the team-?

4. Players perfomances related much more to how happy and in-form they are. At the moment, for me I always play the players with the best attributes for the position. If a player isnt happy, a few games in the team and all is well. - Well, isn't that (mostly) how it works IRL?

5. Some newspaper headlines (like in Fifa manager 2009) the day after a big win/ loss - why??

6. More board interaction and some board meetings to analyze your performance as manager after a number of games/ big loss - ok, I guess, but in what way?

1. Scrap the slider system. Its the worst thing that ever happened to CM/FM series. Imagen a manager saying to his player "close down at 5th notch" or something similiar.

2. Make it easier to communicate with the player, if you want the winger to cut inside, than just tell him. No complicated "Visual Basic" codes like (mentality slider, crossing type etc s***) to make a winger cut in.

3. Make it possible for managers to "attach" some instructions to players so that it overrides the tactical templet wherever you put the player. I.e if i tell C. Ronaldo to allways dribble and "attach" this player instruction to him, he should do it regardless if i put him at ML, AML, AMC, DM etc. position. Cross oten, Forward runs, Run with Ball, Free Player, Creative Freedom and passing type could be instructions that can be "attached" to players. I am tired of being forced changing some instructions over and over again when i sub players etc.

4. Better Scout reports when scouting opponents.

5. Once again, Pleeeaasseeeeeee SCRAP the sliders....

1. Scrap the slider system. Its the worst thing that ever happened to CM/FM series. Imagen a manager saying to his player "close down at 5th notch" or something similiar.

2. Make it easier to communicate with the player, if you want the winger to cut inside, than just tell him. No complicated "Visual Basic" codes like (mentality slider, crossing type etc s***) to make a winger cut in.

3. Make it possible for managers to "attach" some instructions to players so that it overrides the tactical templet wherever you put the player. I.e if i tell C. Ronaldo to allways dribble and "attach" this player instruction to him, he should do it regardless if i put him at ML, AML, AMC, DM etc. position. Cross oten, Forward runs, Run with Ball, Free Player, Creative Freedom and passing type could be instructions that can be "attached" to players. I am tired of being forced changing some instructions over and over again when i sub players etc.

4. Better Scout reports when scouting opponents.

5. Once again, Pleeeaasseeeeeee SCRAP the sliders....

Agree with the sliders, the tactical system needs overhauling completely. You can simplify instructions so easily without reducing what a player can do.

But that being said, they desperately need to fix everything before they continue adding more and more features, otherwise the game is going to get into the same state as the other franchise.

Would be more realistic though IMO.

well maybe, but like i said before some managers (Walter Smith) spends 80% of his time in the stand watching the game to get a better view and goes down to the dugout only when required. I am not saying don;t add it I just would not like it.

I want to see more leagues running. Currently, there are 51 nations being made playable but that is not enough. I hope that SI would reach the "60 nations" playable in FM 2010. Now that IS progress. I also hope that SI will finally get licensing rights for the J-League! The J-League is one of the best leagues in Asia and it is a shame that it was not included again in FM 2009. Anyone care to comment on this issue?

I'd like being able to create your own Assistant Manager when you start a game. It would be optional of course, and I'm not sure how their CA/PA would work (perhaps be in similar conjunction with yours?). But a lot of managers in real life have their own backroom staff - and instead of being bound to the assistant manager from the club you take over, you can name/create your own.

Also, just more animations for the match engine - kicking animations are still really dodgy. Most of the time, they don't even swing their leg.

Most of these are nice when you think of it, but do not work as a gameplay element. It's banging on about these kind of ideas that has made the game in to the Frankenstein-of-features that the game is these days.

Just been scimming the boards for the first time in absolutely ages and had a small idea for future versions.

Can we have some sort of detail on certain actions we take.

I'll give you an example to illustrate my point (and one i've just seen on this board):

Sending a player to a physio or a specialist has cost considerations. Although it may seem completely obvious to some people, it did not really occur to me until i read the post that sending him to a specialist costs more money.

Perhaps there could be a small explanation box in such scenarios? It could be something very simple such as:

"Hint: sending player x to the specialist will help speed his recovery and prevent any recurrance of the injury, however it will cost your club considerably more than if he was treated in house"

Anyway, cheers for listening and apologies for the vague title.

I think it would be a good addition to be able to be informed of any quality players who are not on your shortlist that become available on the transfer list. Even to be able to send a scout to 'scout the transfer list' - keeping tabs on who's hot and who's not.

I've just gone to the transfer list and found that, unbeknownst to me, Giuesppe Rossi was put on the list by request and has agreed to join Inter. Secondly, Javier Saviola was put on the list and has agreed to join Sunderland, and finally Florent Malouda was put on and has agreed to join Arsenal.

If I'd have known about those three I would have gave them serious consideration!

Agree with the sliders, the tactical system needs overhauling completely. You can simplify instructions so easily without reducing what a player can do.

But that being said, they desperately need to fix everything before they continue adding more and more features, otherwise the game is going to get into the same state as the other franchise.

Yep tactics have to change undoubtedly, and the first thing is that the slider system has to be removed - terrible.

Be able to give players precise instructions, and get players' and assistant managers' feedback on the tactics employed. Eg. Cut inside and shoot (Player X liked it, ass. manager thought he held up the ball too much).

Also, I like it when you begin with a new club you get a bit of background info. How about doing this with newly arrived players? Perhaps a brief description of them outlining their key attributes, and maybe even weaknesses? Also the amount of goals they've scored in their career if it's a striker, or cleansheets if goalkeeper etc. Maybe even listing their favoured clubs & personnel, and personality.

Basically a brief description of their Profile, Personal, Positions, and History.

I'd like to see that.

Guest Sir Davidsen

I only have one wish for FM10.

The oppportunity to make a bid to sign a player right away, if you already has signed the player on a Bosman. It happens irl, and it would be great to have the opportunity to sign a player already in january rather than waiting for him to come in june

posted 2 1/2 years ago

-My club diary idea implemented. nope

-Clubs more aware of their squads, what positions they need to strengthen. nope

-Improved scouting yep

-Player interaction nope

-Staff interaction nope (and the stupid Assman tactic thing doesn't count)

-Board interaction nope

-Fan interaction nope

-Media interaction Arguable (It's different, but still woeful)

-Opposition player interaction nope

-Less money nope

-Tighter budgets nope

-Board aware of squad sizes nope

Ahhh. Lovely to see all these good ideas getting fleshed out in the game.

Funny how this thread started with some anal replies about "search before you post" even with some alternative thread links and those links are dead and this one is feature by SI as the "official wishlist"...

Just a thought... :)

1 i would like to be able to have academies around thhe world. Or something similar

2 I would like to see youth coaches have a bigger role, and for thegame to go into detail about your own academy and for it to have a bigger role

3 i would like scouting to be improved

I only have one wish for FM10.

The oppportunity to make a bid to sign a player right away, if you already has signed the player on a Bosman. It happens irl, and it would be great to have the opportunity to sign a player already in january rather than waiting for him to come in june

Then you would have to pay for him?

Support for two monitors "Horizontal Span" and/or "Dual Screen" modes.

Either a tickbox or an autodetect based on the user's chosen resolution, that alters the complete game layout to "2 monitors" mode, so that people like myself that play FM with 2 monitors have, say, the fixtures/results on the left monitor and the league table on the right monitor at the same time, rather than having loads of redundant space on each page and struggling to see which team lines up with which set of stats.

See here:

fmirritatinglayouthi2.jpg

...and here...

fmannoyinglayoutia8.gif

Could be combined into...

fm082monitorslayoutsoluzl0.gif

(I know they're not actually screenshots from the same competition, but you get the idea)

You could do it like you did the "split screen" game view in FM08 - user-selectable windows for the left and right panes... but PLEASE let the user have control of where the border between the splits is positioned, or at least tailor the split screen mode to dual-monitor setups.

Make data lists more tweakable like in Excel.

It would also be great if, on pages where we have lists (of players or teams and stats etc.) if we could pull the column fields around by mouse, to change the order and size of the columns, and rather than having "set" stats layouts, allow us to personalise them, e.g. if I am on the first team squad page, and I want to compare specific stats or attributes of all my players, but only some mental attributes, some physical attributes, some attacking attributes, and a few other stats, then I'd like to be able to personalise and save a custom layout that contains only the stats I'd chosen, in the order I'd chosen them.

Opposition instructions.

I'd like to be able to save custom Opposition Instructions orders, so that, for example, if I'm playing a top team that are playing 4-4-2 against me, I can select a presaved "top team 4-4-2" set of opposition instructions, rather than having to make 20 or 30 mouseclicks to set them all before every game. Alternatively (or as well as), save setups per player, so you could multiselect, say, all the wingers and forwards and set them all to "always close down, always press, show onto weaker foot" with just a few clicks.

Media / Press Conferences.

I love the idea, and I'd love to see this side of the game expanded further, but at the minute the answers to the questions are often a bit generic - "agree strongly, agree, neither agree nor disagree, disagree, disagree strongly" is such a cop-out :D and it feels as though the "additional comments" are just there for show and don't have any actual influence on the game at all. It just feels a bit rushed at the moment, like you weren't sure whether it'd work or not so you didn't spend too much time on it yet. Well, I think it's a superb idea and should be expanded to include invitations to appear on TV shows as a match pundit, where we could watch someone else's match and be intereviewd before, after and at half time to give our opinions on how players were performing, how the teams involved are performing in the league, where their strengths and weaknesses are, whether either of the teams' managers will be happy with performances or not, and use this to build reputation, influence the morale of our own players but also that of players on the teams being discussed, influence our relationships with the managers of the teams we're discussing, and also build relationships with journalists and other managers who are asked to participate with us (e.g. a panel made up of a couple of current managers and a retired ex-player or two, all answering questions and being given the chance to agree or disagree with each other's comments).

Assistant Manager.

I love all the extra interaction with the assistant in this version, but I want more. :-P

I'd like my assistant or coaches to recommend that I give certain players new (specific) training schedules, for my assistant to give me reports on my coaches, scouts, physios, stadium size, facilities, and tell me when certain coaches aren't up to the job, or the stadium should be requested to be expanded, or if youth facilities need upgrading, or if my players are getting injured or underperforming because of something I'm doing or not doing.

TV view.

Transparency control for the Matchday Info windows?

Also, the ability to "justify" the pitch to the left or right rather than it always being in the centre of the workspace. I use a 2-monitor setup and the halfway line falls directly between the screens, which isn't too bad (on the classic view it's slightly offcentre which is very irritating) but I'd rather have the pitch on one screen and all the info windows on the other.

Learning to speak English / A N Other Language.

Could we have this as a training module?

Team-building exercises days

No fixtures this week? Send the squad Paintballing or white-water rafting together.

Increased morale and relationships between players, ease tension between players with conflicting personalities, and help players to "fit in", but with a slight risk of injury.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I'll probably be shot down by other users for suggesting this, but I think you're missing a trick with the advertising banners on matchdays. Why not have it so that the banners are selected via an SI server on the internet, and clicking them opens a new browser window taking you to the appropriate website? You could sell them as banner ads. You already have the user's location from registration, so you could sell locally-directed adverts from a central server, and everyone's copy of FM would connect to that server to receive the images for the banner ads and web addresses they link to.

Kerching.

More income for SI = more programmers can be paid = better future versions of the game.

Everyone wins!

1 i would like to be able to have academies around thhe world. Or something similar

I'd like to see this, except by a system of being able to invest in facilities for feeder teams. i.e. leveraging some of the cost of having a feeder club by getting them to spend it on facilities, or the ability to hand over a few hundred thousand directly to improve facilities. Of course, you run the risk of losing your feeder club, but I think that would add an aspect of risk to the game rather than giving in to any disgusting sort of "take over the world" mentality.

----

Also I would like a fairly simple change to the interface allowing multiple selections and a context menu for the selected items - if I select 9 players i want to be able to send them to the reserves, put them on loan or send them to a feeder in one click. If I select 3 teams, I'd like to pick them all for a friendly or apply for a job there. If it's something that requires a prompt - e.g. release a player, mutual termination, and so on - throw up a stack of layered prompts and I'll click through them.

I'd also like the interface to be friendlier to quick changes - if I click some guy's status in the squad view, it should cycle between the statuses.

Hi i really don't know where to post this so i thought i may ask it here.

I want to buy a player who already played in the UEFA cup; and was wondering if he would be cup tied for my champions league squad.

In other words would he be cup tied if he joined my team in the january window. An example in real life was when Anelka joined chelsea after playing UEFA with bolton yet he was allowed to play champions league. Would that work in the game ?

thanks for your help

hi i am a great fan of fooy manager series an to be honst i would love to see a rugby manager come out in future. Rugby is the 3rd most played sport in the world so a big market to (second really as fising doesnt count)

"Football Manager 2010 with Rugby Manager 2010 addon"

I'd like to see them dump Steam, I went from playing 2007 straight too 2009, and 2009 is awesome, I think I've loaded too many teams and leagues, but apart from that I see no need for Steam, just more software we don't need.

Oh and my internet speed is *****, so the update took 2 and a half hours to download so I could play it...

I'd like to have a feature like "training camp" when coaching a national team. You know, before every bigger competition, the manager of a nation calls up his players and trains them in a training camp, where they get to know each other and each others playing styles. I really miss this in the actual football manager series.

Would be great if that could be included into the next Football Manager.

Avarchillion

Archived