Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

there could be an option, which can be selected or de-selected before setting a new game, that radical changes concerning the rules of transfers, matches, and tournaments are introduced after a number of seasons. this would make the game less static and wearisome especially when a saved game is played for a long time.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
live physio reports during the game, like if someone gets a knock the pysio either has a word at the side of the pitch in a break in play or treats them so you should get a proper update so you can decice whether to leave them on etc. Realistic

If I could have one thing it would be this. The fact we have to guess what the result would be of leaving a player on the pitch when he gets his green cross is ludicrous.

FA Motions such as increasing the subs from 5 to 7, or decreasing size of league from 20 to 18 teams, or changes in foreigner rules.

Your chairman says there is an upcoming FA motion should the club be for or against.

If motion is passed, change is implemented for next season/transfer window

NEW Features for 2010:

PLAYERS

Particularly With Re-Gens:

1) Career ending injuries. I've played a few FM/CM games in my time andonly once can i remember a Top player retiring through injury. While this is obviously a tragedy (:-() it is a part of the game and leads on to another point further down about surgery.

2) "Social Problems" aka The El Hadj Diouf Effect

3) Players should be able to grow during the game. i.e. a 4ft tall, 8stone, 15 year old can end up being a 6ft 5', 15 stone monster by 21.

4) Ideal weight Vs Current Weight - effect of training staff

5) More detailed training ground relationships. Asst Manager reports on players. i.e. Player X and Player Y are good friends or Player A and Player B are gonna beat the **** out of each other. Manager should have the opportunity to resolve issues between players using team bonding sessions/counselling or some other method

6) If a player wins an award there should be an awards ceremony. The option to attend or not should be available and accompanied by a short sequence or other detail to make it more ceremonial.

7) TESTAMONIALS.

Players should be awarded testamonials for long term service. Manager then has to choose whether to take part or not or whether to release players.

STAFF CHANGES:

1) Ability to hire outside/NON-football staff like Dieticians or Sports Psychologists.

2)Having a physio recommend a new treatment to prevent injuries (depending on physio experience and skill), setting up an AC Milan style "fountain of Youth" i.e MilanLab to give players improved recovery times.

3) Manager have input into the ACTUAL training facilities when a n upgrade is being planned. i.e indoor gym for Northern Europe Vs outdoor facilities in southern countries.

4) Recommend the board set up an academy in foreign countries (not feeder club)

FINANCES:

1) Scouts aren't free:

There should be a cost for sending a scout to Antarctica on a scouting mission and this should be much greater than the cost of sending one to Norwich. Manager should be presented with a projected monthly cost when setting Scouting assignments

2) Players being sent for surgery

This should also have an estimated cost associated with the advanced treatment. i.e. if Bury want to send a player off to have the very best treatment in the world, it should impact on their finances in a real way. Again the manager should be presented with an estimate

3) I like the post about a physio report during the match. Very useful

Manager to Manager interaction:

1) Post match wine??

Alex Ferguson invites other managers for post match drinks where they speak about players etc. This could be added in a similar mould to the new Press Conference system allowing managers to build proper relationships.

2) Recommend a player to international managers. i.e if a player has dual nationality, recommend him to country X over country Y.

3) For youngsters that are uncapped by their non-EU nation but who have spent 3 years in Belgium, ask them to apply for an EU passport. If they have spent 5 years in England or Ireland and they qualify for a passport then same thing....

Same for players that have been capped by a non-EU country. Manager should be able to put pressure on a player to take up dual nationality in order to free up an extra squad place (like in Spain)

External Forces:

1) Fan Troubles occur. Sometimes they are your own fans, sometimes they are not. But its something that happens so should be in the game.

BIG MATCH BUILD-UP and Victory Celebrations

1) Big matches should be really BIG!!

An FA Cup, Champions League or World Cup final is a very big deal for your club. I think that should your club make it to the latter stages of a competitio, that there should be short, possibly video, sequences that make a big deal of this. The shot could be of fans going to the staduim, your team on a bus, fluttering flags, It could be anything. But right now, its just another game and there's no real sense of achievement....

2) Victory Celebrations

I'd like to see you guys in SI come up with something special after your team wins a trophy.

a) For a World Cup win we should have views of the players lifting the trophy and doping a lap of honour along with views of fans celebrating at home. This should be scaled back for a Champions leagus and again for FA Cup, League win or whatever.

b) For a loss there be despair and a view of the opposition celebrating

At the moment, we get nothing. After a while competition wins just get boring.

ADDITIONALLY:

BOARD

1) There should be a way to chasten the board, privately or publicly, for accepting a bid for a player when you've rejected it.

This could be a 3-strikes type policy where you warn them once, stronger warning the next time it happens and you tell them you'll resign on the third occasion.

2) There should be Board appointments (especially in Spain where this is very political) - re-electing chairman regularly instead of having one guy for life. This would lead to priorities changing and different personalities effecting the club differently.

e.g. Chairman X is happy to give you money to buy the best players in the world whil his opponant, Chairman Y is more focussed on keeping the shareholders happy and may curtail spending.

this way a manager would go through thick and thin with his chosen club, depending on the chairman.

AND FINALLY:

This is a personal crusade of mine and I doubt very much if SI, or anyone else, will care about it.

I hark back to the days of the 3-foreigner rule. The Dutch trio of Milan Vs The German collective at Inter. Maradona, Alemao and Careca at Napoli - Hagi, Popescu and Lacatus at Brescia and the Hugo Sanchez days at Real Madrid when it was him and a few Argies battling it out for the 2/3 places in the match squad.

I'd love to see this returned to the game as an option.

There's nothing I hate more than playing FM for 20/30 seasons and every second player is Brazilian/Spanish/Mexican

Having now got acquainted with the 3D match engine, I can see how a set-piece creator is within reach. There is now a great opportunity for a 'sandpit' environment (i.e. the training pitch), where you can just get a few players and get them to pace through some set pieces. There could be preset 'classics', or you could customise. I think this would be *fairly* simple to apply and use, and would add a lot of value and depth to the game, especially users who like to be hands-on.

I think it would be a great idea to be able to physically place players -- in 3D -- on the training pitch, where you would like them to be, without having to go through all that tedious 'sit on near post' list-based stuff.

I'm looking for a physio, but I have no transfer budget.

So I'd like to be able to tell the job center: give me the CV of anyone who is

-a free agent

-who has a physio attribute of at least 10

It would help a lot in speeding up the sifting through the applicants.

Or if I'm looking for a scout I'd like to be able to say 'candidates with less than attribute 10 in either Judging Ability or Judging Potential need not apply'.

It would also be great if we could get a 'table view' of the applicants, so they can be sorted by the relevant attributes.

I'd also like to see a 'desired salary' so I don't waste my time approaching impossible targets.

I'm looking for a physio, but I have no transfer budget.

So I'd like to be able to tell the job center: give me the CV of anyone who is

-a free agent

-who has a physio attribute of at least 10

It would help a lot in speeding up the sifting through the applicants.

Or if I'm looking for a scout I'd like to be able to say 'candidates with less than attribute 10 in either Judging Ability or Judging Potential need not apply'.

It would also be great if we could get a 'table view' of the applicants, so they can be sorted by the relevant attributes.

I'd also like to see a 'desired salary' so I don't waste my time approaching impossible targets.

So you're lookin for all the options that are available under staff search, but within a CV environment?

Captain, the staff search is unrealistic, no such lists exist IRL - it takes away from the experience for those who seek realism. SI have recognized this and implemented the job center.

It's akin to scouting - you could do away with that as well, in the light of the player search being available.

I'm asking to for this feature to be extended to make it easier to use.

Captain, the staff search is unrealistic, no such lists exist IRL - it takes away from the experience for those who seek realism. SI have recognized this and implemented the job center.

It's akin to scouting - you could do away with that as well, in the light of the player search being available.

I'm asking to for this feature to be extended to make it easier to use.

Yeah, I agree this would be a very good feature to add.

It is completely realistic in the sense that people in real life will not apply for a job if they don't meet the job spec. In the game what is the point of checking out physios that have applied for the job and it turns out that their ability for physiotherapy is 1.

I'd like an option to make "universal" opposition instructions. Maybe the tactics I use are too simplistic, but 95% of the time I set tight marking on strikers, close down wingers, etc. It'd be nice if I could make this my "default" opposition instructions and only make minor changes for certain opponents or players instead of always having to set these instructions for each game.

Maybe it already has been mentioned but anyway.

1) like you can offer clubs to buy your players, you should be able to send a request for firndly's. if you are not a big club it takes hours to arrange friendlies. you should be able to just send a request with the date on it and then clubs can reply if they're intrested.

2) intellengt transfers. if i make an offer to a player and they want 40% of the next sale (something i don't want) do't keep moaning about it. i raise the money but they keep asking for the same %, especially when you have indicated you only want to pay like 10%. they keep asking the same percentage

3) players shouldn't drop that fast when they are getting older but this has been known

Start the game as an Assistant Manager. You could learn off the current Manager, and build your reputation in the reserve and youth games. When the current manager leaves, you then take up the caretaker role and try and prove yourself to the board and fans. I'd also like to see more ex-managers accepting job offers in a coaching role.

When you try sign a new coach or scout, and board cancel contract,

you should ne able to apeal somehow or ask board to reconcider.

as i joined a club and coachs where really rubbish so got rid of 3 of the 4 coachs i had as they where really poo,

and when i tried to sign a new one they said i didn't need any, when 2 minutes earlier i had 4 now i only got one.

that really annoys me as all i was trying to do was replace the **** with better coaches or scouts.

when signing a player on a pre-contract, the player should start learning the language when the contract is signed, so that they have a basic grasp of the language before they join the club. even better when signing youngsters from obscure nations, eg signing a 16 year old from papua new guinea who cannot sign til 18 but doesn't speak english, would speak english by the time he can sign. good for bosman deals to.

any opinions???

Very nice.

Things I would like to see:

Massive database return (if it doesn't tomorrow)

Team talks for substitutes - One of the most common tasks is to motivate a sub coming on in one way or another, depending on the game's current state. You can tell a sub at half time to go out there and make a difference - you should be able to do that to a sub coming on with 30 mins left as well.

Possible manager instructions:

Don't do anything silly, keep it tight, nice and simple.

Go and have a run about, get your fitness up, no pressure on you today.

You can make the difference! Do a Pippo Inzaghi for us.

This is your chance to show me your worth a starting spot.

Anybody else think of other instructions?

I don't think tactics and player instructions cover or influence the game enough. You can see feedback from players at team talks, and it's not a 1 idea fits all players. A demotivated player with a certain mentality may go out with a bad mindset if you tell him to go win the game, on the other hand an ambitious youngster might win the game for with the right morale boost. I think it's a logical addtition to the matchday experience.

Also: Load all players should be available on a regional basis, as well as countries. Probably the same regions as used in scouting. i.e. load all players from South America, Eastern Europe, Central Europe.

Ok, in my game in FM 2008, I'm up to season 2020/21. Aston Villa won the Champions League last season, yet they are still ranked at about 20th financially in the world, behind Derby who have consistantly finished in the same position in the Premier League.

I also think that the transfer system needs to be fixed in reference to clubs' financial backing. Spurs, for example, are severely under-rated financially, as are Manchester United, City and Chelsea. Arsenal needs to have less funds due to their intense repayments, as Wenger himself said that he needs to sell his best player every few years to finance the team.

Hello there.

I would like to express my exetreme dissapointment at the activation process. When I buy a product from a retail outlett I expect to be able to use it without any problems. While I don't buy many computer games I have in the past expected there would be problems with the gaming process however this is the first time I have ever had such a complicated time just trying to install a computer game.

Why is it sega have seen fit to place an overly complicated system for installing this software? I have tried every way of activating this computer game a few times over and nothing has worked. I have been left very frustrated and if I still am unable to install this game by tommorrow I will have to take it back to the shop and ask for my money back. I have parted with £30 for a computer game I can't even start. And its not even broken.

Can sega please release a press statement explaining why they have placed this activation system on this computer game? Why can we simply not install the game? No offence but I have two other computer games in my procession and both of them had a mere security key, thats it.

I am very annoyed at this process and you may have lost my custom. This may not mean a lot to you with the many people buying copies of football manager I am indeed one person. But seriously I am exetremely dissapointed I have brought a computer game I have effectively been barred from playing.

Stadiums with crowds - also stadiums that aren't plonked on a huge field that stretches as far as the eye can see outside the stadium grounds. I would also like to see some form of stadium building facility where we could possibly design/upgrade our own stadiums ingame with the upgrades visible onscreen during matches

I have a great, revolutionary idea for next year game.

SI could sort out a game that works, but not after six or more months, It could works the day customers pay it...

This could be a great new feature!:D

Agree! That is all I want, is it too much to ask for???

heres a good one I WISH THAT EVEN THE MOST YOUNGER PLAYERS DO NOT RETIRE AT A YOUNG AGE WHEN THEY GET RELEASED!! i think its so stupid when u release a player from a team because they didnt fit your needs and then they retire at the age of 22...thats not even realistic at all

And i want to havea FREE AGENTS LIST!! i hate to see "oh whos free to get around the leagues" i want a specific list of everyone who is currently not on a team at all instead of searching all over the game

i think thats somethings noone has said am i right?

This may be possible atm but probably not. I wish our saved games could be compatible with new versions of FM so we could continue our careers and enjoy new features and updates. For example, one could simply move their FM08 save file to a FM09 and continue with the 3d engine. You get the idea. Likely difficult to make happen though ...

Think about it SI. Myself and countless others find a version they like and play the hell out of it for years, never buying a new one. For instance, 09 will be my first since 00. However, if I could have continued my 00 career, I would have certainly purchased 01, 02, 03, 04 etc. :)

Press conferences for player signings, it seems to me that SI have missed a very obvious thing here. They were bragging about press conferences being a big new feature, well managers dont just have press conferences about matches, they also have them for signings and just general ones. They need to improve press conferences also by making them less boring. Maybe shortening the time in which you have to answer questions e.g. have the option to answer 3 questions before the option to leave the press conference.

Also, there needs to be an improvement on stadiums. Managers are getting more heavily involved in new stadiums and stadium design and being so everyone seems to be moving stadiums and building new ones nowadays it seems right for SI to bring in a new, improved stadium feature. Where you can deside what stands you want built and have a 2D view of what the stadium looks like. For example, have a tactics like view of the stadium only instead of having your starting 11 on the right hand side, have a blue print 2D view of the stadium and on the left have options of new stands etc. And for people who say that managers dont design stadiums and have no input...Rangers' Ibrox stadium was designed by their manager at the time. Rafa Benitez has apparently helped design dressing rooms and decide where the tunnel should be etc for the new Anfield. So it would be a realistic feature to the game and is part and parcel of football managers lives.

Another thing SI should do is get ride of the 3D match engine!!!!! it is a joke! they say that the technology is there for a 3D match engine and everyone can clearly see that it is not. It looks terrible and something that was created in the 90's and doesnt look to different from the 'premier manager' series that was so popular in the 90's as their 3d match engine is pretty much the same. It was a very bad decision by SI to go into the 3d world of match engines. FIFA manager has done it and they havent even got it right! and there match engine is 20x better than FM's.

The option to be knighted aswell when you have achieved great things at a football club should also be created into the game as it would make the game for fun and enjoyable.

Right, i have no idea if this has been mentioned before, and if it has I apologise now, but I am not trawlingt hrough 34 pages of suggestions - some good, some not so good.

What I would like is the following:

On the tactics slider screen i.e. Mentality, width, closing down etc... instead of having the slider which is able to move in small increments, I believe it would be good to have a slider which is able to move freely with a box next to the slider visualising (as a percentage) where the slider is.

So, for examlple, if I wanted to play attacking football I would move the slider to the right as usual, but then with my idea implemented I would be able to move it to exactly where I wanted. Maybe 80-85% in terms of a percentage.

I feel this would mean that all tactics could be fine tuned down to the smallest detail, and create loads of different tactical set-ups.

I hope this wasnt too confusing. Reading it back it seems a little bit confusing. :thup:

Tell me what the injuries are as soon as they happen in a match. (More useful for injuries where the player can still play) I.e. Is it a gashed leg or a twisted ankle?

More positions. It would be nice to have SS, CF and AF as I like to call it (Advanced Forward, a player who's on the shoulder of the last defender)

Individual width for Wingers. I want my team to play wide for instance, but I want one Winger to tuck in. Or vice versa, I play narrow, but I want one Winger to hug the touchline.

Good stats for good players. For instance Rio Ferdinand; I don't care if his CA is higher than most of his peers, I want his stats to reflect his ability. Or Wayne Rooney; his strength is 20, or at least 19, not 16.

Bring back the 'Dictates Tempo' PPM.

1) http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=206243&postcount=1804 - is very important in my opinion. Set pieces are designed by every manager and to make them unique for their club.

2) Also a partnerships tab in the player history for players who have played centre back, centre mid and up front. This would have the players opinions on who they most enjoyed playing with and stats such as clean sheets, assists and goals that have been kept when playing with that player. There should be details of every player that they have played with and it then may influence a signing that a manager was to make.

3) Ability to find out how much of the attendance was away fans

4) Subs instructions

5) Vonblades Tab idea - Tabs. The UI is just a fancy browser, so let's have some Firefox style tabs please. It will save me trolling back and forth between clubs or players, when I can just open 10 at once and tab through them.

heres a good one I WISH THAT EVEN THE MOST YOUNGER PLAYERS DO NOT RETIRE AT A YOUNG AGE WHEN THEY GET RELEASED!! i think its so stupid when u release a player from a team because they didnt fit your needs and then they retire at the age of 22...thats not even realistic at all

And i want to havea FREE AGENTS LIST!! i hate to see "oh whos free to get around the leagues" i want a specific list of everyone who is currently not on a team at all instead of searching all over the game

i think thats somethings noone has said am i right?

Some would retire in reality as well. If they get released they may make more money by venturing into a different career than as a footballer as they may not be good enough for it.

It is unrealistic to have a complete free agents list in the game anyway but there is a hidden way to get one. You search for something (I think it is "No Club") and it will return every free agent in the game.

1. More diverse questions/responses in press conferences.

2. More people on the transfer market, i.e. atm most of the people are only good enough for championship teams.

3. Better transfer negotiations.

4. Better player interaction; players come and talk to you personally and not just the press and vice versa, and on a frequent basis.

5. Better spread of goals (on FM09 stikers tend to score a lot less than reality with goals spread amongst midfield)

6. Improve the 3D match engine or get rid of it ( i remember hearing it would only be included if it was of the required quality, i personally dont think it is, seeing as premier manager 1998 had a better match engine)

7. Better Regens: as in most of them arent crap technically, like in FM08, and that at least some of them can use their other foot a little bit.... improved acadmies because atm not enough people seem to come through

8. Better ageing of stats. i.e. in fm08 by 2016 the england team was still very similar to the one it is now with an average age of about 34.....

9. Easier to sell players, or at least make it so that you can get inflated prices like the ones you have to pay everyone else

Mac patch.

lol, Frustration kicking in? :D

I'd like to see a more detailed training system in the game.

I think the ability to set up training schedules should be implemented into future FM's.

Instead of yet-more sliders to fiddle around with, I'd like to set up something like:

Monday: Warm up/aerobic work/Set pieces/ball control/tactics/practice match/warm down

Tuesday: Warm up/sprints/weight training (muscle specific)/5-a-side/warm down

Wednesday: Warm up/aerobic/shooting practice/tactics/etc, etc, etc...

Championship Manager had something like that IIRC, but nothing you do on CM since "the split" seems to make a difference and it would be much better on a title that matters. Like FM.

Archived