Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I don't really come on here often, so if this has been suggested a million times before don't shoot me down.

Personally, I'd love to see a more in-depth set-piece creator. Set-pieces are one of the areas where managers make the biggest difference, so It would be great to be able to have some kind of 2D drawing board where I could direct my players to exactly the areas I want them to be attacking within the penalty area.

I find that free kicks on the game can feel as though you don't really have enough control over what's going on, and the list of commands feel slightly limited.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Set-Transfer Options screen, there are options radio-selectors for accept/reject all bids etc

but there isnt a way of controlling bids involving exchanges, also the only loan option is too restrictive as it restricts other options you may prefer to select

rather than use the single-choice selectors currently in place, would it be possible for them to be changed into check-boxes (active for ticked, inactive for unticked) with some additional options

new options:

Accept all Exchange Bids

Accept all Loan Offers involving Future Fees

I would like to have:

1) possibility to edit the leagues and their rules: for instance I would like to modify the serie A as it was 15-20 years ago (only 18 teams instead of 20, only 3 foreign for every team etc.)

2) the possibility to choose where to bring the team for the preseason (who played "The Manager" knows what I mean), about trainings I would also like them to be more specific and I liked the idea of a dietist and a psychologist in the staff

3) the option to be president and at the same time manager of the team, creating it from the scratch: so choose also the other member of the board and create all my club by myself (buy the stadium, the training center, sign players and coach staff...)

4) option in the editor to make all the players FREE TRANSFER (this I think it could be available also for this version with a patch, am I wrong?)

To be able to select your own feeder team, for example:

If you're an Arsenal manager and you go to Luton's page, there should be option, "Request This Team to be Feeder Team", or something. I want specific feeder teams, not random stuff from places like China where no one wants to go to for a whole year on loan.

1) make it seperate, so that compititions & awards are in a seperate link like:

HISTORY> compititions, awards, injurys, transfers.

2) a trophy room aswell as the club history, that lets you see the trophys you have won for the season. "even if its just pictures"

3) in the player history compatitions link, i want to see little medals at the end of the text, "even if its just pictures" "gold, silver, bronze".

4) also for awards like goldshoe & european player of the year, i would like pictures of those awards or models at the end of the text.

5) & a stadium around the new 3d pitch is a must

6) a kit generator to change kits for season after season.

I want the Ryman/Southern/Unibond Leagues to be licensed and playable in-game. Prem. AT LEAST, cos then Cray can get promoted to there, or I can replace Tooting & Mitcham. Thing is, it's unlikely to happen cos it's likely the leagues have different rules and more coding, which means more memory is needed.

a couple of ideas i think would be good for future versions of FM.

Overlapping full-backs, it would be nice for attacking full backs to overlap your wingers, i know this can be done in a fashion by having your FB crossing from byline, but it would be nice for a partnership between wingers and fullbacks to occur.

secondly, when signing a player on a pre-contract, the player should start learning the language when the contract is signed, so that they have a basic grasp of the language before they join the club. even better when signing youngsters from obscure nations, eg signing a 16 year old from papua new guinea who cannot sign til 18 but doesn't speak english, would speak english by the time he can sign. good for bosman deals to.

any opinions???

just started a game unemployed and have taken over at Naftan, a Belarussian Highest League side. The squad is pretty shocking and i have to rely on bringing in a few frees.

i have Russian and Ukrainian league running also, i think it'd fit perfect to have a Ukranian or Russian side as a parent club, the majority of their reserves'd get in my first team, but obviously bcos i'm a "top flight" outfit the board won't discuss the matter.

Fair does, i can understand top flight clubs from England, Italy, Spain, Germany, France shouldn't need parent clubs, but the smaller leagues should!!!! It's a bit annoying, as on a recent SPL game i was Motherwell and couldnt get a parent, but Hearts had Arsenal as a parent, preset! Go Figure.

Something that should be addressed.

Probably has been posted but none the less:

I think a good addition would be employing a academy head coach and you can assign him a small budget each year to poach young talent U16 and a wage structure to employ his own scouts. Each year he will give you a summary of the years developments (coach reports on players potential) and you can assess if he has fulfilled his position satisfactory, if not get someone else in.

i like dava's idea

dunno if someone said it before but i don't feel like going through 3326 posts to find out so i'll just state it here. i think that making fans more realistic could enhance the end user experience. for example fans in croatia often light flares which ends up with uefa fining our teams. so why not omleent that? or fans create trouble in a game against bitter rivals and the team ends up being fined to play x of their home games in front of empty stadium or at least y miles away from their home town. or your fans could have a history of racist behavior (example lazio's irriducibili) and dark skinned players might hesitate on joining your club because of that. or your fans cause trouble in european games and uefa kicks your team out of europe for x seasons.

i know not all might agree with this idea and it definitively would be annoying if even if it was added the occurrence of teams getting kicked out of europe was too regular but if set up properly it would only make the game more realistic.

i like dava's idea

dunno if someone said it before but i don't feel like going through 3326 posts to find out so i'll just state it here. i think that making fans more realistic could enhance the end user experience. for example fans in croatia often light flares which ends up with uefa fining our teams. so why not omleent that? or fans create trouble in a game against bitter rivals and the team ends up being fined to play x of their home games in front of empty stadium or at least y miles away from their home town. or your fans could have a history of racist behavior (example lazio's irriducibili) and dark skinned players might hesitate on joining your club because of that. or your fans cause trouble in european games and uefa kicks your team out of europe for x seasons.

i know not all might agree with this idea and it definitively would be annoying if even if it was added the occurrence of teams getting kicked out of europe was too regular but if set up properly it would only make the game more realistic.

Not sure if someone has suggested this before but i think that with some clubs using sporting directors it could be good to have some of these in the game maybe giving you a list of transfer targets he has set for you from which u must pick e.g ramos at spurs or keegan and wise at newcastle. i donnt think this works in real life but it doesnt stop them from doing it. you could also have pushy chairmen trying to pick the team e.g romanov at hearts or flavio at qpr. you could get clauses in your contract saying who buys the players, the chairmen sporting directors or you. this is my first post so hope this makes sense. it may also be my last depending on response.

Probably has been posted but none the less:

I think a good addition would be employing a academy head coach and you can assign him a small budget each year to poach young talent U16 and a wage structure to employ his own scouts. Each year he will give you a summary of the years developments (coach reports on players potential) and you can assess if he has fulfilled his position satisfactory, if not get someone else in.

excellent idea dava

Not sure if someone has suggested this before but i think that with some clubs using sporting directors it could be good to have some of these in the game maybe giving you a list of transfer targets he has set for you from which u must pick e.g ramos at spurs or keegan and wise at newcastle. i donnt think this works in real life but it doesnt stop them from doing it. you could also have pushy chairmen trying to pick the team e.g romanov at hearts or flavio at qpr. you could get clauses in your contract saying who buys the players, the chairmen sporting directors or you. this is my first post so hope this makes sense. it may also be my last depending on response.

well the way it works really depends. somewhere sporting directors give a list of options from which manager chooses, somewhere coach gives his needs to the sporting director who then takes it onto himself to find the players that fit coaches needs and brings them into the club. hajduk works that way. for example coach says i need a pacy striker, sporting director goes through lengths to find a pacy striker thats good and whom the club can afford...he doesn't do a good job at it but thats another point.

as my opinion on that although i'm a fan of realism and all i'd like for that to be optional choice. i don't want guys like fredi fiorentini, ivica surjak or ivan buljan buying the players for me :)

one of the reasons i play fm is to escape from the wonderful job they do irl.

I haven't seen this in any of the features of FM 2009, so I was just wondering...

Why don't cup games & goals count towards a player's season? Looking in History of a player shows only league games of each season iirc. Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle trying to correct this? Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season not 31 goals.

I would like to see the crossing stat at player stats during the match. Something similar to passes, headers, tackles with attempts, successes and key efforts.

I think this is an important statistical element of football for wingers and wing backs.

I haven't seen this in any of the features of FM 2009, so I was just wondering...

Why don't cup games & goals count towards a player's season? Looking in History of a player shows only league games of each season iirc. Surely it wouldn't be too much hassle trying to correct this? Ronaldo scored 42 goals last season not 31 goals.

They are still there. Just click on the season you want and the goals in other competitions should appear in the bottom pane.

My idea is this: New training module

Since the tactics are more effected by player tendencies and the tactical instructions you give to them it seems only logical that you can work more on these things on the training field to bring your tactics to life.

The current training module is good for improving player stats, but as for seeing things happen in the match it doesn’t seem to tie in with the new tactics module. I want to be able to have players press better and it show up in the 3D engine. I want to be able to see my forwards and attacking players make more intelligent runs. I want to see my defenders become better at getting the second ball.

My idea is to keep the current sliders as they are and to keep the coaching assignments as they are, but to improve on these to add more character to the coaches and more instructive training.

Where you have the ‘attacking’ slider for example there should also be a few check boxes that have some specific tactical options. The more you move the slider up, the more options (or more detailed options) you get. Also the better the coaches, the better the training options and the more effect it will have on the players in the match engine. Maybe the coaches can even have a specific collection of training routines that are associated with them, giving the coaching staff more character.

For example as you move the agility slider up, you get two or three options and you can choose one that you would like to give more emphasis too. For example long distance running (stamina), sprints (acceleration) etc. Then in the match engine you could see this happening.

This could be more specific in some areas of the training module, for example for set pieces you could have the option to give more emphasis to ‘attacking corners’ if you feel your team is poor in that area. This brings up a small pitch screen where you can place specific ‘target positions’ and movements you would like to be typical when attacking corners. Of course the better the players and coaches are the better they will get at following your set piece instruction.

The same could be done for a specific tactical situation in the ‘tactics’, ‘attacking’ or ‘defending’ modules. Or there could be a mix of options depending on the type of coach. So for example ‘defending’ could have 3 options to emphasise on, 1. a tactical positioning option, 2. Aerial defending, 3. Tracking players. These would show up in the match engine as players would now have different tendencies and maybe it would be possible to have player X become better at pressing, or my left winger attacking the far post on crosses because they have trained to improve those areas of their game.

This would tie in the new features and would also breathe fresh air into the training section of the game as well as the coaching staff.

It is just an idea, but it would have been a lot of fun on this game to be able to really influence the players on the training field and see it come through with the more intuitive tactical system and the 3D match engine.

for example fans in croatia often light flares which ends up with uefa fining our teams. so why not omleent that? or fans create trouble in a game against bitter rivals and the team ends up being fined to play x of their home games in front of empty stadium or at least y miles away from their home town. or your fans could have a history of racist behavior (example lazio's irriducibili) and dark skinned players might hesitate on joining your club because of that. or your fans cause trouble in european games and uefa kicks your team out of europe for x seasons.

I do like the idea of incorporating fan troubles. You could also include issues with fans throwing stuff on the field, resulting in an injured GK, getting the game called early/cancelled, etc. Having said that, I can just imagine the furor that some players will have on this board when their club gets into trouble for something that's out of their hands. SI will have to look at the likelihood of these incidents occurring on a club by club basis, which may be tough to do. Who knows how much incidence of fan troubles there is with a specific club in Italy, for instance.

____

I have to say that I get a real kick out of this game and actually imagining myself as being "there". With that in mind, I'd really like the game to be even more immersive. While I will never ask SI to provide top-notch EA-style graphics (that's not the point of FM), I do think better in-game sounds would go a long way to making the game more enjoyable:

- Crowd chanting, with difference chants based on the country you're at (French crowds sound different than English crowds, while Italian crowds sound different all together, etc.). All they need, in my estimation, is to go to various games and stick the microphone out and capture the crowd noises.

- Levels of crowd noise, reflecting the attendance. Playing in a lower league with 500 in attendance should sound different than playing at Old Trafford.

- A better reaction of the crowds based on events during the game. If the home team is losing badly, it would be great to hear the crowd boo or whistle (depending on where the home team is). If the home team is winning, they'd be chanting. Also, more appropriate crowd sounds during a home team/away team goal, ref calling fouls that could result in a goal (dangerous FKs and PKs) and showing yellow/red cards, and player substitutions (a round of applause for a home team player that played well). Also, booing/whistling of a certain player whenever he touches the ball - an away player who used to play for the home team, or if he badly hurt a home player; or turning on a home player because he's not performing well.

I also like to see the stadiums where I end up playing at. I admit, I always launch Google Earth before every away game, to check out what the stadium looks like. With that in mind, a picture of the stadium in the club information page as well as in the pre-match page would be rather neat to see. Naturally, it would be great to see the specific stadiums and appropriate crowd levels in the 3D view engine.

Another thing I'd like to see in the 3D is a view of the staff, including yourself (why not!). I don't understand why the subs are evenly spaced on the bench - they usually sit right beside each other. Include coaching staff along with them, and the manager either standing around in his box or sitting. If either team is changing tactics, it would be nice to see the manager pointing or making signals.

Researchers being informed what stats and more importantly, Player Preferred Moves actually mean. Due to the translations into portuguese SUCKING and most people being familiar, but not proficient with english, many of them are liable to being misinterpreted, and as such researchers give them "weirdly" to players. Liédson constantly making sliding tackles, anyone? :p

Dear SI staff,

I'd like to request that you look into the implementation of a dynamic league and nation reputation system, in place of the current static one. In short, your current engine provides a consistent simulation with very little variation in the results of major trophies and the prize money in various leagues, even after 30+ years. Obviously this is not the case in the real world, with the A-League growing considerably over the past few years, and the rise of Ukraine and Russia as football nations in Europe. By adding dynamic reputation factors, such as economic growth, and league reputation, you would allow the simulation to take into account the forever changing world of football. Some advantages of this would be the removal of the LLM ceiling that currently exists in long term games (especially obvious in low rep leagues) and the excitement of seeing nations rise and fall over the course of the game, keeping the player managing for longer.

I hope you take my suggestion seriously. If you wish to read into my findings on dynamic vs static reputation, please read the following thread (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=56377), and please reply with your thoughts.

Thank you for your time,

MGH

Hi all.

Long time reader, first time poster, hopefully to help...

I believe that there is much asking for more Individual Instructions, so I will only ask one that is probably the only one that is not present in Individual Instructions but is in Team Instruction, which is Tempo. I would like to set different Tempo's bettween players, slower on the back to make less mistakes with wrong passes in dangerous areas and faster on the front. Even better, if possible, would be to define the Tempo by field zone in the Team Instructions (maybe 3: deep own half, midfield, deep opponents half) which would probably be more realistic and then be possible do costumize by player.

Best regards.

I would like to see the crossing stat at player stats during the match. Something similar to passes, headers, tackles with attempts, successes and key efforts.

I think this is an important statistical element of football for wingers and wing backs.

agreed. this is present in FMLive and i see no reason not to include it here :)

I'd like a more detailed hall of fame. For example, instead of just seeing "2 domestic titles", I would like to see some info about these titles, like "Premier League winners 2008-09, 5 points marginal to runner-up. Expected by media to finish 6th." and stuff like that. It would be a better sum-up of a managers career and more fun to compare different managers.

A team talk that is needed,

as if you had a really bad first half but sencond was much better, i don't want to say they played well or bad.

So i'd like to be able to say.

First half was very poor but much better after the breack, next game i want to see more of the same from the second half.

Or that sort of thing maybe put a bit better and shorter for the game, but hopefully you get what i mean.

I have always wanted to be able to manage the reserve team of a club, for instance to start out as the reserve coach then maybe build my way up to the manager of the first team. Also an ability as a manager to have favoured personnel and more than one faavourite club. I think these should be quite easy to put into a future version of the game.

I just watched some national team's info screen and a little idea jumped into mind. Would be cool if national teams have the population of the country on their information. Not sure if it would actually be allowed or something, but it would be really cool to check it IMO. Of course the population of country changes every day, but it doesn't have to be so accurate..

Archived