Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry made a thread on its own where it can be discussed in more detail but thought it should be added here as well.

The main point i wanted to make and wanted to see in the game is the ability to sign a player even if the work permit fails. Yes he cant play for you and you are paying his wages but thats your choice and then its up to you to try and loan him somewhere else so that later in the game the player will either gain citizenship of that country he is playing in whilst on loan or he will be eligible for a work permit. With this new addition of feeder clubs this would be a great feature to go with it.

Plus what was mentioned in the topic, more information on why you dont get work permits for players and the ability to see how close a person is to getting a work permit, or likelihood of getting a work permit on appeal.

I would love to see Firefox style tabs in the game, so I could then open up several profiles/clubs/shortlists/whatever in tabs, and flick between them at will. I feel this would be far more useful then the player comparison thing we have at present, and could be used very effectively in the FM interface.

I'm mainly looking for improvements to the match engine to create a more realistic game.

Please improve the free kicks, corners and throw-ins.

It would be cool to have free kick practice sessions.

More control over the players movements and the ability to have several different routines.

No team uses the same routine over and over during a match so we should be able to create at least 3 different routines.

Stop players throwing the ball straight out of play please.

Improve heading please...I never see defenders flick the ball away for a throw-in...always behind for a corner.

Heading straight back out from throw-ins occurs to often in my opinion.

Passing all the way back to the keeper from inside the oppositions half also happens too often.

Looking forward to an improved engine in FM2007.

I don't know if it's been added, but how about an option to praise (or critisize) the players directly, instead of going through the press? That way, for example, if the fans don't think a player's been doing well, I don't have to hear about it.

Originally posted by AndreTheShadow:

I don't know if it's been added, but how about an option to praise (or critisize) the players directly, instead of going through the press? That way, for example, if the fans don't think a player's been doing well, I don't have to hear about it.

Confirmed in the sticky about new features. icon14.gif

Better interaction with players and media. I'll give you an example. I was Spain and Real Madrid manager. I had picked my team for the next national game. But since Helguera had been injured I did not pick him, but then one of my defenders in the national squad got injured just befor the game. I the replaced him with Helguera, but he did not want to be a backup. After the game I said that Helguera should apologies to me and the team when he said no to play for the team when he wasn't picked in the original squad because he had been injured. When the answer came in the media it said that "I wouldn't play him as long I was manager." And now he is retired for the national squad.

I would like to explain why I did'nt pick (if the player had been injured of course) and since I also was his manager at Real Madrid should he not be ****ed at me there to. I would also like to change his mind by explaining that my word had been twisted by the media and that I would love to have him in my national squad, if he was fit for it.

Originally posted by hjfh:

I would like to see the following -

The Ryman Southern and Northern premiers.

Luton Town a good club.

Pre match team talks.

More to do with training, such as viewing players train to help your squad selection.

Other angles to view matches with, (CM is putting this into the game)

Less silly transfers, such as Manyoo signing Gudjohnson for 40million£.

That would all be nice!

Haven't read all the thread yet so might have been posted but, how many views do you need to play the game? You only need the overhead view and leave the training alone or the game won't be playable from a processing point of view or oh my God I'm so bored with messing about with the training point of view!!

1. Option to give a player who is injured an injection to fast-track his return if you need them back quickly.

2. Random unexpected events - scandals, on or off-field incidents that you need to make statements to the press or talk to players or the board about.

3. Testimonial or charity matches

4. Effects of travel with away games - europe, or if some of your international players have to travel half way around the globe to play for their country, the effects of jet-lag should be noticeable.

5. When going on tour or away during pre-season to have a select squad that you assign to travel with you, instead of being able to call up anyone from your reserves or under-18 to play in South America.

1. Assistant managers should be able to actually help you out, which is in their job title (unlike now, where their job title is currently just to use up your wage budget). Ass. managers should be able to help you with...

a) Picking a tactic (taking into account the makeup of the team and the manager's preferred tactics)

b) Deciding which players to play.

c) Picking who should be on your first team/reserve team/youth team.

d) Scheduling friendlies (they don't even do this half the time it seems).

e) Giving you reports on players that actually make sense.

f. Handling training.

g. Offer advice during the game, such as substitutions and changes in tactics.

h. All of the above should be influenced by how good or bad the man's ratings are.

2. Should also have the option of not having an ass. manager if you don't want one.

3. The option to play as a general manager, where you make all the player transactions, and you hire a manager to handle the team. Also the option to play under a general manager, where the AI handles transactions.

4. Instead of hiring individual scouts, I would like to see just having a scouting department. Budget and reputation would determine how far from home they scout. Thus a small Conference North team with a very small budget will most likely do most, if not all their scouting around the United Kingdom. Whereas, a team such as ManU, Chelsea, Real Madrid and other big-time, world renowned clubs would pretty much have free reign over the world.

5. Adding to #3, have the scouting department and ass. manager work in tandem to recommend players to buy on the transfer market. Also have a toggle where you can let the scouting department and the ass. manager handle the buying of players on the transfer market (but still retain the ability to sell players).

6. The board should have final say on all transfers, whether they be by you or the scouting dept./ass. manager.

7. The board should make recommendations and if you don't listen, then they should go over your head and do it themselves.

8. The board should react depending on ratings such as profitability (how much they love making money), winning (important on winning), hands-on approach (want to get their hands dirty in the running of the team). Thus a board with a high profitability rating and a low winning rating are much more concerned with the bottom line (while a board the other way around just care about winning, no matter the cost).

8. For international managers, have an option for the coaching staff to be able to manage the national pool and pick your squads.

9. As always tighten up the AI more.

10. More interaction with the media, etc. etc.

I'd realy like the possibility not only to start off at a low-level club, but also to start at the low-level within that club. I'm talking about being the youth (or reserve) coach, so you just have to manage the youth (or reserve) squad, train them as good as possible, and get the best results as possible with them. When your doing good, you could be asked by the board to become the new manager when the current manager gets sacked or leaves, or you could build up a reputation wich is enough to be accepted as manager for a lower club.

For me, it would open up a huge amount of new possibilities. It would also open up a new way to get into a top club: when you're not good enough to become their manager, and they have an application for a new youth or reserve coach, maybe you can apply and get accepted for that, and make you way up to the manager seat that way.

I don't think it would require a lot of extra coding. Basically, other manager options just have to be disabled, so that, as a youth coach for example, you only have youth training and youth squad tactics left. Offcourse it would also require the board to rate you for the results of the youth team, instead of the A-squad, and maybe for the amount of young talents that make their way from your team to the A-squad. Also, for transfers, instead of being able to make an offer for a player, you should be able to recommend the player to the manager or the board, and they decide wether he comes over to strengthen your squad.

I don't know wether others find this a good idea, or wether it has been discussed before, but I think this would bring me, and other training fanatics, a new challange, being able to turn a terrible youth team into a team that can yearly offer some good trained talents to the A-squad.

Empty Slots.

Define for each and every league in the world NOT already in the game a standard two-division championship, that is, with two/three promotions and relegations, points and such.

The players for these such leagues, if not already in the game as part of a national team that you can manage, can be for the time being, good old regens. Anyhow, I imagine there is enough 'keyboard-keying-force' out there to fill those leagues, primarily people who are interested, in the event the task is in excess for SEGA/SIGames.

The id's for many of the countries, clubs and players that already participate, as accompanying parteneurs, are already in the game and the ones missing I'm sure a great number of them can be added.

This way, at least you could be able to play the league of your choice.

Finally, for those of you who are thinking we have more than enough leagues already in the game, let me say, I like English Leagues & Football. I primarily play English N/S Conference and two or three other lower leagues in other countries, but football doesn't end there, put yourselves in the position of other fans out there in the world, some may like English Football & Leagues, others may care less, as to them, their own league is the best and majorly known or acquainted.

1. Presidential elections like those in Spain with presidents pursuing players once in control ie real madrid trying to buy fabregas, robben and kaka.

2. General Managers - more input in transfers ie Mjatovic for Real Madrid

3. Pre match team talks as you need to motivate your team not only during and after a game but beforehand too

4. More media input such as press conferences before and after games espicially in the premiership. In international management there is far more media input than whats in fm.

5. Player bonuses ie targets such as scoring goals, assists or even winning the league and pay as play wages.

I want in the new FM 2007 the following options.

1) The salary that you earn with your contract, you should do something with that, like you worked 5 years with ajax and earned 300.000 euro. You begin at a new challenge like with Millwall that is financially not very good. But you want that player that is worth 200.000 euro. You can pay them with your own money? The salary with fm 2006 does nothing. So something with that..

2) In the dutch competition clubs buy always players outside holland. PSV had after 4 years only foreigners in their squad. It is hot now in holland that you first look at dutch players and then look in europe. Sometimes Az bought a player for 3 million euro.. And the player is not even good enough. So a bit more realistic transfers would be good.

3)

Somewhere in may that you could have a week for designing a new away outfit. Other colours. I don't thing that you all agreed with this.

4)

When a favourite player of your club ends his pro carreer he earns a benefit game. Only when a player ask for that.

5)

When a club is 100 years old there must be a special thing to do with. Like a special game? i don't now...

6)

Youth must be more realistic... Maybe put a extra sqaud now you have first squad reserve and under 21.. Now putting a under 17 squad? There you have some mentors on. And trainers that give s you everey month a report as a player had make progressive.. When a boy of 14 years old don't gives his best shot at school they may not be at the training.

7)

Players with experience has to be more important in the game. Like ajax, plays with really young guys. For years there was missing a experienced player. Now they bought Jaap Stam and Garcia Gabri. That involved the quality of the squad.

8)

The captain of your team has to be more realistic and more important. The captain must talk with the mananger after a week. He gives his report of how the morale is in the squad. The captain gives your tips how to handle certain problems in the pitch or in the squad. A player like that knows more of how it goes in the squad than a assistant manager. Also when you give the captain (band?) to a other player, the player is then a bit dissapointing sounds to me?

Sorry for my misspelling in english..

Originally posted by Babel:

1) The salary that you earn with your contract, you should do something with that, like you worked 5 years with ajax and earned 300.000 euro. You begin at a new challenge like with Millwall that is financially not very good. But you want that player that is worth 200.000 euro. You can pay them with your own money? The salary with fm 2006 does nothing. So something with that..

I don't agree with that, it would spoil the realism. I never heard of a manager using his personal money to buy a player...

I think it's a good thing that manager wages are left outside the players influence as much as possible, otherwise players would be able to use it for unrealistic things, or would be able to simply sign an unrealistic low wage contract to help the clubs finanaces.

Originally posted by Mr. Revolution:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Babel:

I don't agree with that, it would spoil the realism. I never heard of a manager using his personal money to buy a player...

I think it's a good thing that manager wages are left outside the players influence as much as possible, otherwise players would be able to use it for unrealistic things, or would be able to simply sign an unrealistic low wage contract to help the clubs finanaces. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about using it to improve your stats? during the summer you can take 'coaching courses', like improving your motivational skills, how to handle difficult players (rooney?) i.e discipline, improving your coaching technique? Managers take part in training right? so you should be able to improve your coaching stats, i.e gk training, def training.

It's these little things that add fun to the game. icon_smile.gif

Wouldn't the club pay for your training/development?

With regards to managers buying players, Gerry Francis (when manager of Bristol Rovers),pumped £10k into the club to buy Billy Clark, but that's the only example I've heard of!!

Originally posted by Demha:

What about using it to improve your stats? during the summer you can take 'coaching courses', like improving your motivational skills, how to handle difficult players (rooney?) i.e discipline, improving your coaching technique?

But you won't get any better at it. You're the one that deals with the discipline, motivation etc.

The game can't make you make better decisions.

Fevs and Dave C i agree with your comments, but dave, i know it's up to you to make the decisions and how to motivate, but if your motivation stats are high, the players will react to you differently. e.g if you and alex ferguson 'encourage' a player at half, its likely that ferguson's player will react to it more, right? what i mean is the higher your motivation skills, the more you can get out of your players...right?

Anyways, i think the game makers should introduce a way to spend your wages in the future, maybe FM 08? I've been managing Inter and i got to a stage where i was earning more than the players (65k p/w). Introducing the manager wages was quite a nice touch, maybe it's time to take it another step?

1; Rolling Contracts/Short-Term Contracts

2; The wage budget being rigidly enforced for new, unproven managers.

3; Agents need to be vastly improved/increased - the manager should be basically harrased day in, day out from agents offering players on trial etc who are not with clubs.

4; English Feeders. Ryman, Dr Martens, Unibond. PLEASE.

5; Testamonials

6; The Badgers Ales Sussex County League being included

Originally posted by Demha:

Anyways, i think the game makers should introduce a way to spend your wages in the future, maybe FM 08? I've been managing Inter and i got to a stage where i was earning more than the players (65k p/w). Introducing the manager wages was quite a nice touch, maybe it's time to take it another step?

Yes, and why not introduce a city building add-on - really successful managers could then build their own house and town even. No, no and thrice NO.

Originally posted by Droobie:

5. When going on tour or away during pre-season to have a select squad that you assign to travel with you, instead of being able to call up anyone from your reserves or under-18 to play in South America.

This I certainly agree with. Also for away games - say, for example, you are managing Brighton and you get Newcastle in the FA Cup. You are not going to take your entire 30-man squad with you, you'll take the 16 players and a few key members of staff (Assistant, Head Coach, Physio etc). With FM as it is, you can esentially call up any player you want for an away game, no matter if its just down the road or 2000 miles away in the UEFA Cup.

Having 'Match Day Squads' would add a hell of a lot to the game - most obviously and importantly, realism, but also things like taking a risk on a player who's not quite fit, bringing a young player along for the experience of travelling and being part of the first team ahead of a crucial game etc. It would be a great thing to implement.

Originally posted by displaced_seagull:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Demha:

Yes, and why not introduce a city building add-on - really successful managers could then build their own house and town even. No, no and thrice NO. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why stop there? Really, really successful managers could run for President!

The manager contract is really just for show and should stay that way. This isn't sim city.

Originally posted by michaelfoster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jtwhitt:

3. The option to play as a general manager, where you make all the player transactions

No its Football Manager not Football General Manager </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And your point?

What is so bad about the option to play the game like this?

1. more bad-attribute options other than contreversy.

2. realistic manager attitudes and styles similar to the ones we have today eg. mourinho who thinks hes the god of football managers, big Sam who thinks hes better than mourinho because of his bugdet to success ratio.

3. correct player positions from lower leagues.

4. brief player history at the start game, other than apps, goals. ex. such as club player of the year, young player of the year.

5. experience to realistacally benefit matchday similar as attributes do.

6. youngsters to actually think about careers other than jumping club because of the clubs big name. eg. (player x) turned down a move to chelsea today even though the prospect of playing with such big names would be a dream come true. he felt he still has a lot to learn, he felt that experience from matches were more important than what he could earn per match.

added..

7. more mentle attributes and for players, staff, board, officials and to noticably affect matchday.

8. more realistic media similar similar to ours. the influence of WAGS and the rumors from some tabloids.

9. realistic scouts that work better. make it so that very low league scouts cant go to brazil etc, with the clubs limited funds! for instance scout has a fixed wage plus charge the club expenses for such a trip therefor club cannot afford and cannot send him,

10. at the end of the season there should be an option to update the clubs strip like in real life! either manually using editing programmes or uploading them so that its the exact replica.

11. make cheating more difficult and hacking so that FMscouts or savegame editord cant work!

^

No.6 - i think it's already in the game. i've tried many times to sign 16 y/o players from lower teams and they refuse, i still offer them good money but they reject becasue they think they 'still have a lot to learn before moving on'...(thats just under 17s tho)

No.11 - If you dont wanna use them, you can't stop everyone else from enjoying them. icon15.gif

icon_razz.gif

Something I'd like to see is an option to zoom in the action to a certain extent.

I'm not talking about getting down and dirty to see big circles nudging a ball around. I'm talking about giving a clearer picture on 1024x768 monitors.

When I play on my PC, with its higher resolution, I can see everything much clearer than I can on this laptop - the pitch expands to fill the the larger area but the players remain small, which leads to fewer situations where you can barely tell what's happening thanks to multiple players in the same area (the penalty area is hugely affected by this, and crosses become a visual lottery).

If I could tick a box to show less of the pitch, then yes I lose the ability to get an overall perspective but I will gain the ability, on this smaller screen, to see things much cleaer where they count.

not sure if its already been mentioned:

When you move clubs there should be an option where you can take a ceartain number of your backroom staff with you. (Ass man, coach phsio etc)

Obviously not the whole lot but 3 or 4 would be good.

Originally posted by yido05:

not sure if its already been mentioned:

When you move clubs there should be an option where you can take a ceartain number of your backroom staff with you. (Ass man, coach phsio etc)

Obviously not the whole lot but 3 or 4 would be good.

i think that it's already mentioned.

Don't know if it's come up before, and it's probably a crazy idea, but I would like the possibility to hide all player attributes forever. The only indications that you would have then to rate the quality of a player are his market value, his match ratings, his history, and the mistakes and good things you see him do on the pitch, in other words: everything a real life manager has to rate a player.

The player attributes are like huge scouts reports, made by the people of SI, that you get as a present as a virtual football manager. All those reports about all those players are more that a real-life club could ever make. Only to sort out all the attributes for the players of your own squad, would, in real life, take a year or so of detailed tests of each player.

Don't know if it would be playable, but it would make a great challange to play the game without these attributes. The friendly's would become, like in real life, of greater importance, since it's then you still have the time to play and watch each player perform. The oppinion of the coaches about players would also become of greater importance, since they, like in real life, are the ones that work with the players all day and know their streaghts and weaknesses the best. You would also be forces to send out more scouts, and to take their reports seriously and base you descissions on that, just like in ... real life.

It would certainly take a lot of time to get your team together (yes, just like in real lifeicon_razz.gif), but I think it could be a realy fun experience. I'd rather spend 6 months to play 4 ingame years fighting relegation with a small relegation team, than spending another 6 months playing 25 ingame years, winning the CL 15 times and the national competition 20 times with that same small relegation team.

Maybe it won't be fun at all, but I cerntainly would want to try that for once.

Originally posted by Mr. Revolution:

Don't know if it's come up before, and it's probably a crazy idea, but I would like the possibility to hide all player attributes forever. The only indications that you would have then to rate the quality of a player are his market value, his match ratings, his history, and the mistakes and good things you see him do on the pitch, in other words: everything a real life manager has to rate a player.

The player attributes are like huge scouts reports, made by the people of SI, that you get as a present as a virtual football manager. All those reports about all those players are more that a real-life club could ever make. Only to sort out all the attributes for the players of your own squad, would, in real life, take a year or so of detailed tests of each player.

Don't know if it would be playable, but it would make a great challange to play the game without these attributes. The friendly's would become, like in real life, of greater importance, since it's then you still have the time to play and watch each player perform. The oppinion of the coaches about players would also become of greater importance, since they, like in real life, are the ones that work with the players all day and know their streaghts and weaknesses the best. You would also be forces to send out more scouts, and to take their reports seriously and base you descissions on that, just like in ... real life.

It would certainly take a lot of time to get your team together (yes, just like in real lifeicon_razz.gif), but I think it could be a realy fun experience. I'd rather spend 6 months to play 4 ingame years fighting relegation with a small relegation team, than spending another 6 months playing 25 ingame years, winning the CL 15 times and the national competition 20 times with that same small relegation team.

Maybe it won't be fun at all, but I cerntainly would want to try that for once.

It wouldn't be playable really,scout reports aren't good enough and you cannot get enough of an idea from watching the 2d match, also not everyone watches commentary only so it would be very unfair for them. You'll also find that clubs keep information on their players and the managers don't just remember how good a player is at a certain thing, although different the attributes act as our information on players. People also find the attributes the best part of the game, they enjoy it because of dealing with numbers, there are many FM players who don't even like real football but play it for the numbers.

As AI improves and games in general improve then there will be less and less need for attributes, hidden attributes will become more common and so will "fog of war". For now though, the game wouldn't be playable without them.

Yellow cards for players who time waste when taking free kick and for the split view to see the ratings/formations windows as being for either me or my opponent rather than home side or away side (thereby saving me an insignificant amount of time in most games).

Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

not everyone watches commentary only so it would be very unfair for them.

People also find the attributes the best part of the game, they enjoy it because of dealing with numbers, there are many FM players who don't even like real football but play it for the numbers.

When hiding all the attributes is just possible as an option, than this isn't a problem. I'm actually a big number freak myself, doing study's that have like 12 hours of math lessons a week, and playing tycoon and managent games all day, but after all those years of cm/fm, I would like a little variation once.

Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

It wouldn't be playable really,scout reports aren't good enough and you cannot get enough of an idea from watching the 2d match

You'll also find that clubs keep information on their players and the managers don't just remember how good a player is at a certain thing, although different the attributes act as our information on players.

Your right about this.

This could be fixed by larger scout and trainer reports, so that scouts and trainers become the key between you and the attributes: a scout or coatch could give a detailed report like: "he's a good header, but lacks the pace and finishing of a real striker." In other words: they could describe how a player does on the important quality's for his position. The difference with the attribute system is that you then have to put a scout on the player for some time if you want such a report about a player from outside your team, instead of just clicking on him and check his profile, and that you don't get a full detailed 0-20 rating on every detail, so you'll still have to figure out things about your players yourself.

But you're probably right about the fact that fm like it is now, won't be playable without attributes. It would require some new features like I mentioned above, wich probably require some time to develop. So if those SI programmers have some time to spare: you know what to do.icon_razz.gif

I'm guessing this has been mentioned before, but I'll say it just in case it hasn't.

I hope this is something that would be very simple to implement, the ability to negotiate multiple bids to the same value, without needing to do them separately. This would save so much time, especially when negotiating for complicated deals including lots of clauses.

Originally posted by dafuge:

I'm guessing this has been mentioned before, but I'll say it just in case it hasn't.

I hope this is something that would be very simple to implement, the ability to negotiate multiple bids to the same value, without needing to do them separately. This would save so much time, especially when negotiating for complicated deals including lots of clauses.

icon14.gif especially once a fee is agreed.

Maybe you agree £5m for Duff, get this accepted and then work out how its paid ~ offer this in 12 monthly payments, £2.5m now, £2.5m in 6 months etc.

Chelsea would then accept whatever one they want.

Would hopefully get around the £24k now, £10m over 12 months, that we currently see

Archived