Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I know it's already been suggested somewhere, but I like the idea of a Set Piece tactics screen for corners/free kicks, where you can move players around in the box and plan their runs.

Most teams do have a few set pieces that they practise and use.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shwan - to get a striker playing deep you either look for aplyer with that PPM or set his mentality to defensive.

A defensive striker will play deeper than a regular or attacking striker.

Originally posted by fitzypapa2050:

i think club chairmans should be more envoled like they can sell the club meanin club gets richer or poorer.

managers can say wat stand should be improved (eg new seats) put megastore outside the club and trainin grounds

and in FM 06 dont like that you cant buy any of the germany team or japan team(wat up with that?)

1. yes.

2. no way - managers have absolutely no say in this in real life, so we shouldnt be able to in the game either

3. legal issues meant SI couldn't put them in (though you can buy them, you just cant manage them internationally).

Originally posted by onecockygeezer:

i like the idea of the player position x,y sometimes basic positions, farraows/darraows etc dont always get the player to where i want him to be. something like the pro evo tatic screen, i know its a 100% different game but would be nice to have something like that.

it also means absolutely nothing. Watch Pro Evo next time - the players play in the same position no matter where you actually place their blob thing.

Originally posted by supperrobbiesavage:

the point of manager wages......

it must be the ability to buy your own club. 8 years of earning 40,000 a week at a massive club is around 15million in the bank. easily enough to buy a medium size club with a bit of potential.

i know this strays into the territory of "football chairman" type games but crap like burger prices wouldnt be included. just basic things like wage structure, stadium size etc.

any thoughts?

ps - yeah the Welsh language should be, at the very least, acknowledged - john hartson speaks Welsh yet according to the game english is his only language. a small point perhaps in the eyes of monoglots but quite a big deal to Welsh people.

1. don't be rediculous. we should not be able to buy our own clubs, that's just daft. the manager contracts are there to provide job security. Do a search for more info.

2. Yes, the Welsh language should be in there. I may consider holding a few SI bods hostage until they implement it.

Guest fluidfernando

I think at half time when you do a team talk with your team you should be able to see the stats from the first half because at the moment you can't and if you haven't been watching the game, you can't tell whether you have been the better team or not.

Originally posted by fluidfernando:

I think at half time when you do a team talk with your team you should be able to see the stats from the first half because at the moment you can't and if you haven't been watching the game, you can't tell whether you have been the better team or not.

let me correct you over that one - click confirm on the team talk screen, than you can see everything on the player stats etc tabs, than go back to the team talk. team talk is finished only when you click continue and the second half begins. good luck!

i would like to see more teams fighting over a players transfer

such as top players for instance henry is a world class player , but in my game not one top club has an interest in him?

i would also like a trophy room if si could get the licences for the trophys

My main one is the Stadium thing... considering the amount I play with lower league teams (I added up all my save games, its over 1700 hours in 06), its really vital that new Stadium moves are implimented.

Personally, i'd like it if tactics were scaled down and werent as important, simply because they're the least enjoyable part of the game. I have one tactic I've finally got now that works pretty well universally and I'm really loathe to ever alter it, just because its not fun at all and tends to have the smallest things making such a difference. I suppose better feedback with whats going wrong could help to.

In my current game, I've taken a tiny German club (SVW Mannheim) into the top league. This season, I'm mid table and I've conceded the most amount of goals in the entire league... but my goalkeeper has the highest rating in the division, as do my two centre backs, defensive midfeilder and my left back! If theyre all performing so well, why have I conceded so many goals? Much more feedback as to why exactly I've lost this match would stop me from quitting the game for weeks at a time out of frustration, its just not fun at all like this.

Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by onecockygeezer:

i like the idea of the player position x,y sometimes basic positions, farraows/darraows etc dont always get the player to where i want him to be. something like the pro evo tatic screen, i know its a 100% different game but would be nice to have something like that.

it also means absolutely nothing. Watch Pro Evo next time - the players play in the same position no matter where you actually place their blob thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i dont know if your talking about pro evo management, ive never played that, im talking about the propa pro evo playable game, ive had every pro evo and on the tactics screen you place your player at x he plays there. thats what im on about

Would love to see the return of two minor features from older version of the game:

1 - Ability to sort squads by ratings in different competitions, e.g. Premiership stats, Cup stats, European stats.

2 - This one I think should be an option rather than a replacement for the current system. A bit hard to explain but it involves the 'Player Search' screen. When you apply the filters (e.g. Pace, Dribbling, Determination are at least 14), there used to be an option to match, say, 4 out of 7 of the selected filters.

Please bring em back SI! icon_smile.gif

I agree with Faltering Fullback about the extra time clock, it would be a splendid added feature.

Others things I would like to see :

1. Players in your Reserve and Youth teams always seem to be rated low by assistants and coaches. The logic seems to be that the only way they will improve is to play first team football, yet in real life this is not always possible, neither is it in the game. It doesn't follow that because they are young and in lower squads that they are rubbish, and they should improve with time, particulary if you have good coaches.

2. I more logical financial program. Remove the "other" category and specify what these expenses are. It should be possible to do things like trim the groundstaff etc if those expenses are getting out of control.

3. The ability to "talk" to players more deeply if they are unhappy with something. IRL I am a football manager, and one of the biggest elements of coaching is the man management of players. For me this has hardly been touched in the game really. To be a true manager you must deal with players in all situations. If the have issues, you must be able to try at least to deal with them, this feature needs expanding in my view.

4. An emphatic no to levels of difficulty. There is no need, the game is no meant to be easy, and if you play in easy mode and become a success, so what. Get your feet wet and learn that's the only way.

5. Improved injury management feature. Again IRL these events require skill and planning to bring players back to full fitness. The one recurring feature of the game has been the constant complaints about the number of injuries and the severity. Although I sure it's been done, a survey should be carried out to establish the real life average injuries statistically to have the injury occurence more accurately reflected in the game.

Just a few thoughts, I hope someone will see some merit in them.

Ciao

why is buying a club ridiculous?

if you are manager of real madrid for example and stay in the job for 10 years you will have earnt about 20 million quid. more than enough to by a big championship club or small prem team. i dont see why this is so ridiculous??

also - im not sure whether it was especially realistic, but i enjoyed the drama on previous versions of FM when a club (even a massive one) went into receivership and had to sell its best players (ala leeds i guess). this never really seems to happen now.

Guest nealbrown

I would like to be able to space out the Friendly Cup and Friendly League matches. Playing three pre-season friendlies in three days is a bit extreme. I'd like to be able to choose to have a day's rest in between.

Guest nealbrown

Also being able to set up technical partnerships and get feeder clubs and being able to have long term loanees back at the club for pre-season, e.g. Dong Fanzhuo's been playing for Man U despite being on loan in Belgium for three years.

It would be good to add more info when adding a manager. For example, I'd like to be able to add Place of Birth, Favoured personnel etc.

Also it would be nice if you were able to add other people to your favoured personnel during gameplay.

Originally posted by onecockygeezer:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by onecockygeezer:

yes you can place the players in different places, but they end up playing in the same regular places.

In FM you pick their position and then use the mentality slider to determine how advanced they play. A DL with an attacking mentality will play higher up the pitch.

it also means absolutely nothing. Watch Pro Evo next time - the players play in the same position no matter where you actually place their blob thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> i dont know if your talking about pro evo management, ive never played that, im talking about the propa pro evo playable game, ive had every pro evo and on the tactics screen you place your player at x he plays there. thats what im on about </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stupid quote thing:

Yes you can place the players in different places, but they end up playing in the same regular places.

In FM you pick their position and then use the mentality slider to determine how advanced they play. A DL with an attacking mentality will play higher up the pitch.

Originally posted by bearsy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

Is that what managers do in real life???? I think not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok bearsy, calm down. I was just simply saying why ask for higher wages? all it does is cost the club more and you have nothing to do with the cost. So next time please try to convey your points in a less sarcastic tone.

Originally posted by Superdan_484:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bearsy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

Is that what managers do in real life???? I think not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok bearsy, calm down. I was just simply saying why ask for higher wages? all it does is cost the club more and you have nothing to do with the cost. So next time please try to convey your points in a less sarcastic tone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ffs, it's there to provide job security. The more you earn the harder it is for the club to sack you.

i should just keep this in the clipboard so I can just paste it whenever this question comes up.

I've brought this up somewhere before, and isn't so much a game-changing suggestion, but more one of convenience.

Currently, when you go on holiday, you get the option to return on holiday when you're offered a job. Sometimes, this leads to you turning down jobs that you may want because they're at a lower reputation club (in an FM05 holiday game at Arsenal I turned down Liverpool, which I wouldn't if I had control). Perhaps something could be added, like a drop down menu, like "Return from holiday on offer from ____________" where the ______ could be a drop down menu of clubs or divisions (e.g., if I chose on offer from "German First Division", an offer from Leverkusen would trigger the game to stop the holiday). Perhaps also include an option to "reject job offers from __________".

In the next FM i would like to see players histories to include all competitive games and not just league historys. It does annoy me when you finish a season and look back at only league stats and nothing else.

the game should have more off-field stuff.

for example a player might go to a night club or a bar the night before a game, and you should be able to find out and fine or something along the lines of it.

ps - yeah the Welsh language should be, at the very least, acknowledged - john hartson speaks Welsh yet according to the game english is his only language. a small point perhaps in the eyes of monoglots but quite a big deal to Welsh people.

same with Irish. icon14.gif

1. More FoW in transfers - MRCs hidden unless with a public bid. Hiding the asking price unless a public bid has been made.

2. Scouts need to make more than one report to reveal all player attributes.

3. Variance of reported attributes due to different scout ratings (Judge Potential/Ability).

4. More use of player interaction when they are happy/slight concern. The resolve button is hardly ever used.

5 More media interest before finals/semi finals or when a team is about to win the championship. EG You only need one point from your last two games, why no questions about this?

Thats it for now.

Wouldnt mind seeing Chairman profiles back again, I remember on CM01-02 when I was Wigan, Dave Whelan retired and I got a new chairman!! Nice lil touch

Also, I'd like to see media-thingys relating to if a players in his last match for the club before retirement, or if its the last match before the end of the transfer window and chances are that Julio Arca won't stay at your Sunderland team because your finances are a bit rubbish and Blackburn have had a 3.5million bid accepted. You get the idea icon_smile.gif

i think that more detailed set piece training should be added. this could include clever free kick routines as well as corners. examples could be the Man Utd corner were you cross it to an awaiting player on the edge of the box to volley it.

just an idea

Would anyone find a ghosting/trace of a selected players movements when viewing the match view.

I'd thought it would be interesting to monitor certain players movements within a game, but maybe i'm reading too much into the game engine and how I expect the AI players to react with their surroundings (eg zonal - man-man marking)

Originally posted by Imajination:

-Ability to call Press Conferences

-World Cup squad profiles

-Players being distraught on missing major tournaments, also squad get together with 30 players or so for a week -

-ability to ban players speaking to media

-verbal agreement with club to sign player....bit like first option but offer to loan someone to them etc.

-ask 4th official for explanations during game

-have independent agents work on behalf of club and agree deal with you confiorming deal and paying agent substantial fee for concludoing deal.

-bring complaints about referees (please)

-world player of the year votes by national managers and national team captain should be implemented again with results and voting patterns shown.

-money making trips to Japan, Malysia etc+ amsterdam tournament should be as prestigious as in real life where best teams get invited.

-testimonials, players who become eligible become highlighted etc, then with list of their preferred opponents

icon14.gif perfect list icon_biggrin.gif

- Improve Staff damnit, because I never listen to them.

- Transfer list every month announced with ability to comment

- More contract options :

- Make your own salary have even SENSE

- More praise options, allowed you to make moreee since you can only do 1 / month

- More talks with players

- More ability to scout players for example you can watch a match and you can Mark your wanted players so you follow his actions

- A diagram where you can see the VALUE of a player per month etc

- Better search function like:

SEARCH player with at least stats of ROBINHO

- Talks to player ex. "Tell player he will be playing in the Reserve squad for X weeks because of .."

- In squad selection --> Show how many players you have in the squad GK/Def/Mid/Att

- Have morale more influence

- Selling players should be easier, because now when you try to sell one he is very ****ed maybe there should be an option why you sell him and then accepts etc

Originally posted by gavlad6:

i think that more detailed set piece training should be added. this could include clever free kick routines as well as corners. examples could be the Man Utd corner were you cross it to an awaiting player on the edge of the box to volley it.

just an idea

I expect the opposition would suss this out pretty quickly!!

What you need is perhaps the ability to specify more than one action for each set-piece, and a figure to show how likely you are to use it.

E.G.

Corner (Right)

1. Near Post 70%

2. Short 20%

3. Scholesy type 10%

Free-kick (Attacking)

1. Cross to Best Header 50%

2. Cross to backpost 30%

3. Shoot 20%

Freekick Defending

1. Man-Mark 80%

2. Run out and play offside 20%

You obviously have to set up player positions/movements for each type, and then be able to save.

Plus you don't need to have all 3.

Any thoughts?

Id like a physio report on injured players during the game, to find out the severity of the injury and if its a slight injury the player can carry on or not.

Also say when you are having bids rejected, say for a 3rd time, perhaps the players club could inform you of a minimum amount that they will sell for. Saves bidding loads of times and clubs tend to do this in real life sometimes to try and scare bids away.

Guest aaronswindon

1. Ability for a manager of a semi-pro team to request to the board that the club turn professional (if request is accepted the board would state when the turn to pro would happen) If request unsuccesful reasons should be given.

2. A record of the winners of the play-offs in the history page of each respective league, also to appear in the club history.

3. As the highest attendance (in the english leagues under premiership) is achieved in the play-off this should be excluded from the league records or shown separately as this is played on a neutral ground.

4. Ability to turn on/off 'full detail' processing for european games / internationals / own division except your own team. It seems pointless when playing in the lower leagues or a non-international manager having such detail when it slows the game down.

5. There is always mention on the forum of watching 3D matches in future versions, this does has obvious benefits, however not at the expense of game speed when we already struggle to load up all the leagues we want to manage in one day.

6. Attendances are sometimes highly unrealistic. For example on a recent game with Dorchester, after gaining promotion from the Conference, playing our first ever game in league football and just going professional our attendance on the first game of the new season (of 466) was lower than the lowest attendance of the previous Conference season! Even taking into account some people are away on their summer holidays, I would presume there would be a much bigger attendance and a carnival atmosphere. A media message should also make note of this momentus occasion in the clubs history.

Dunno if its been mentioned here before...but my thoughts are focused to the International Management aspect of the game

1. A resume of sorts should be included into the managers profile..this should include his win-loss record in internationals, and achievements with different nations. For instance, my goal was to take ensure Denmark did well in the EC, we finished runners up. Which more than met the target. So the game should include, targets achieved or surpassed. I should not think this is too difficult to implement, tho by now, the format for 2007 has probably been frozen.

2. You should be given the option of choosing your coaching staff. I do depend on my ass man a lot, especially when it comes to team selection, he does the preliminary selection based on my tactic and I fine tune it. It saves me a lot of trouble and is to some extent realistic.

3. The use of scouts should be extended into International Management. You should have the option of scouting good players and add them to the national pool whenever you choose..At the moment I use my club scouts to do that which is a bit ridiculous. I'm coaching Turkey now and getting my Gateshead scouts to help me do my work.

4. Finally when you resign from your job it would be a nice touch if there is a news item or and FA reaction. If you'd achieve your targets then it would be nice if there was a reaction to you handing in your resignation. I'm not asking the game to start singing "please don't go", but these are all the small touches the game could have.

My ideas are probably not new, but its nice to bring it up now and then seeing that the original thread where these were discussed seems to have vanished.

cheers

R

I would love to see an option for "players not to age". I know it sounds totally unrealistic, but I feel sad or less inclined to play as my local team as by the time I reach the Prem, all the big players in the modern era may have retired or gotten old and lost it. I could edit the players details in an editor, I know this but it would be great to just have an option of turning regen off and leaving players as they are. Dont know how hard that is to code/develop but seeing a dream-team playing for my local team would really be great rather than a bunch of guys that either havent made it yet or fictional players.

Just an idea, one that would improve the game for myself and some others.

Archived