Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like the training module to be slightly changed.

It would be kept the same as it currently is, for example when setting up a wingers training you want to improve his crossing stat, this is done through the set pieces slider, but he will also be learning long throws, corners free kicks and penalties.

Now if you could then click on set pieces and go to a different screen where you can change the percentages of each attribute to suit what you want would be better.

For example changing set pieces for a certian winger would go like this, Crossing= 50%, Corners=30%, Free Kicks= 10%, Penalties= 10%, Long Throws= 0%. You could then have more a an influence of what a player is training in.

It would be the same with all training catergories, like if you have a defender with high Marking and Tackling stats but low concentration, you could alter his defending routing like this, Tackling= 25%, Marking= 25%, Concentration= 50%.

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, but what about a stats record of how well you as a manager have done at different clubs?

As in if you move clubs you would finish with a set record at your first club and then start afresh at a new club.

Hope that makes sense icon_smile.gif

more focus on youths and youth policies.

i know its been suggested but the possibility of setting up youth accademies.

id love more tactical options. like a "cover player" or "cover position" with a similar range as the "swap with player" option.

i think a second set of arrows might be worth discussion.. like where you want him moving when in possession and when not in possession of the ball. or when the team have the ball or dont have the ball.

i think tours could be made more specific, and focussed on more, like in the feeder club option your given a choice of what benefit your looking for, financial, loan, work permit..i think it be a nifty one to do the same with tours.. given the rise in financial tours to asia, to have the option of financial tour, which might be media intensive and not much use for fitness and you get a list of what countries would be good.. or a fitness tour, and you get a list of countries whose climate would suit getting your players fit for your league.. etc.

possibly every five or so years the option to change the colours of away and third kits? like it gets a bit repetative in a long term game, but would also be a bit mcuh to do it every year..

in the same way when things are going bad you can tell a player to call a players meeting, in either a very good run, v.bad run or after a particuarly unusual incident, the ability to call a press conference..with a few options as to what youll say there ie like, if your in your last year of contract, you go "call press conference" with a few months left and the options are "call a press conference stating youll resign when your contract is up in june" or "you wish to stay" etc etc or about form "we'll stay up" "i think its time to accept and maybe the chairman to allow me start building for next year" etc which could have some affect over budgets, expectations etc.. obv the longer / better youve been at a club the bigger the affect your words have..a new manager calling such a press conference would be ignored by board etc..

***** the addition of new manager stats which the confidence ratings to have affect over over the years... so if youve been good at signings one year your transfers rating could improve one, if youve been REALLY good it mimght go two, if youve been poor it falls, etc. or give judging potential and judging current ability ratings working in the same way but split between youth players bought who come good and players over 21 bought who come good etc. and then other ratings might be, consistency, if your fans are happy with team performances throughout the year.. etc. and have the confidence bars be graded for each season instead of what seems to be 3/4s of a season for signings anyway..cos they disappear and you end up back at average even tho your fans were thrilled two months ago??

i think it would be good in pre season to go and train with a feeder club or at a training camp to help your teams fitness you could choose a squad of 23 to take it could affect morale

and i think you could invite international managers to come and view a training session to meet you and players it would improve the relationships

I'd like to see a series of options during a match to tell the players how you want to play such as "defend the lead" "grab an equaliser" "take control" "Take the game to them"

I see these options as a way of making the game easier for people like me and have it perhaps in the ass. man instructions.

The ass. man then takes control of the sliders based on the the formation, options and team the manager has picked. As different options are picked during the game the ass. man adjusts the sliders appropriately.

Originally posted by Mungy:

I'd like to see a series of options during a match to tell the players how you want to play such as "defend the lead" "grab an equaliser" "take control" "Take the game to them"

I see these options as a way of making the game easier for people like me and have it perhaps in the ass. man instructions.

The ass. man then takes control of the sliders based on the the formation, options and team the manager has picked. As different options are picked during the game the ass. man adjusts the sliders appropriately.

yeah i agree and when you bring a sub on you can tell him what you want him to do e,g go out there deffend the lead / go out there grab a goal / go out there enjoy the experiance

Guest Addis

I dunno if this has already been mentioned but I'd like to see non-Fifa teams playing such as Tibet or the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus. It's unlikely to happen as it won't really affect the game.

If you want to go one step further how about countries declaring independence and setting up national teams and leagues. It's a ridiculous suggestion but I just can't stop myself!

i dont know if its been included already but...

id like to see more variety in the news...

for example, how many times have we heard the sentence "bla bla bla and hopes that he does not have to face players of this calibre every week."

all it takes is for a few more to be added instead of always the sentence popping up when a player has been named man of the match. Im sure it cannot be too difficult to add these and all it will take is 1 day to come up with more of them. This will add a lot to the atmosphere of the game and will stop managers just clicking CONTINUE everytime the see the usual 'seen a million' times lines.

Fairly decent suggestions popping up.

But for me it would have to be.

More media interactions - Things like more pre-match options etc. (No need to go into depth)

More captain interactions - Only things you can say once you've chosen the captain/Vice.

Lastly, i would have to say "TRY" and improve the more clubs to manage, in other nations. (IF possible)

I think it could involve the captain more because at the moment all you do is pick him i think it should be like you have a meating with him or tell him to arrange something

give the god dam captain some responsabilites like irl icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Jakey_q:

I think it could involve the captain more because at the moment all you do is pick him i think it should be like you have a meating with him or tell him to arrange something

give the god dam captain some responsabilites like irl icon_biggrin.gif

My captain is Leadly King and I sure don't want a Meat-ing with him! Not if the rumours from the changing rooms are true... It makes your eyes water just thinking about it...

What I want. icon_wink.gif

It should be possible 2 do something about the matchgraphics, not talkin fifa 3d, but more like sencible soccer......would be nice to actually see skin, haircolour and a pair of legs. icon_smile.gif

A zoom feature while you are playin would also be nice. Zooming out would show youre stadium and crowd. This means u can see if you have a full or half full stadium.

And last I second what WoodyManUtd says about sounds and atmosphere. Needs a lot of improvement (hate when the ball hits the post and you cant here it)

Regards Mr_Pink

Some that have to be in.

Tabs. The UI is just a fancy browser, so let's have some Firefox style tabs please. It will save me trolling back and forth between clubs or players, when I can just open 10 at once and tab through them.

Oh and a "only ever appears once" limit on players returning to a former club.

Stop the news item regarding internation squads complaining you've dropped a player who has retired, or left out once again that player you called up once about three years ago but never gave a cap to.

Bring back the news/confidence items about selling players who are fan favourites. I can currently sell anyone with impunity, but woe betide me if I purchase a 17 year-old u18 backup goalie for a pittance.

Fix the confidence, the media, the Assman either saying nothing in team-talks or asking players why they can't play like this every week.

Heavily tweak the transfer market so it's easier to sell players, players are more likely to move to another club than rot in the reserves and other clubs actually haggle for players rather than enquire a million times and withdraw as soon as you up the price by one tenth of a pittance.

Stop teams enquiring every freaking day. He has a price set. Pay that or shut up.

In fact, because it doesn't work very well for us either, remove enquiries.

Make JudPA/JudCA actually mean something. All my coaches give the same report on my players and pick exactly the same squad regardless of their values in that area.

Have a seperate CA/PA for the physical, mental and technical sides of the game. It's ridiculous that a load of players will never get stronger because they happen to be good at taking long-throws or something.

Fix the regens physical stats. Long-term games are plagued by unfit, slow players, keepers who can't jump etc. Teenagers can have awesome physical stats IRL even if they do suck at the qualities. Aaron Lennon wasn't slow and wheezy in his youth and only because quick as he solidified his place in the first-team. That's so ridiculous you hopefully can't fail to see how flawed the current system is. So seperate the CA/PA between the three sections of a player.

Fix doing the quad!!. How many versions now have had a news item if you do the quad that says you've done the double? Insanity.

Thank you. I know there is a tendancy not to make the perfect game, otherwise you can't sell next years one, but at least fix the stuff that's already there, as per above.

VB

Guest Oliver81

Hi guys!

I have just one wish, it would be great if we could create our own leagues (european super league.. in editor. Yhis way you can create your own competitions with the clubs you wish!

Hello, hope this is the right thread to post my ideas on ideas for FM 2009, PLEASE CHECK OUT NUMBER 5!

1. Player interaction - Would like to see more better player interaction, not just enhanced interaction to do with general but on match days. Should be able to say to your striker..."Make sure you hit the net, if your have a chance but isn't good then pass the ball than waste a chance", thats just an explanation.

2. Would be good to give out orders to your players from the match pitch screen like in real life rather than going into the tactics screen.

3. Player protection - A little thing but important, when a club approaches one of your players and you reject your player gets unsettled, I don't think its like that in real life because you should be able to keep it secret from your player, unless its in the papers which is another thing.

4. Training section needs updating - More in depth but not hard to work with.

***5. Player degration - Now this is the biggest thing in my opinion and is very very important for realism.

Ok...lets take Paulo Maldini for example, he still plays at his age for AC Milan, has the strength and stamina of a defender at the age of 33 in Football Manager. Not all football players start losing their ability at the same time so I think something called degeneration should be added to the game, for Maldini the stat would be high, for alot of footballers they carry on very late and its down to Natural endurance how long they can keep going...talking about real life here...thats why Maldini can carry on, some might say he was a World Class defender and thats why he still plays...not true, opinions please and would like someone from SI to comment on this also please...thanks.

6. Chairman getting involved in transfer dealings - David Gill accepted a bid of 10.75 million from Barcelona for Pique, surely him being a business man he would see sense that its better to keep hold off him than sell him for that price?

7. I arrange friendlies with my reserves and under 18's for experience and match fitness for my 1st team...should be able to pick more than 1 date at a time, very annoying picking one then accepting then doing it over and over because some do not get accepted.

Originally posted by Mr_Pink:

What I want. icon_wink.gif

It should be possible 2 do something about the matchgraphics, not talkin fifa 3d, but more like sencible soccer......would be nice to actually see skin, haircolour and a pair of legs. icon_smile.gif

A zoom feature while you are playin would also be nice. Zooming out would show youre stadium and crowd. This means u can see if you have a full or half full stadium.

And last I second what WoodyManUtd says about sounds and atmosphere. Needs a lot of improvement (hate when the ball hits the post and you cant here it)

Regards Mr_Pink

SI is very much up to date with the sound of the matches in the game though!!! Crowd noise, passes, ahhhhs, oooohs! it´s almost as if they´ve stolen the sound from SNES! icon_wink.gif

when you've become a experienced manager,than,if a young and new manager/former player who is a manager,is on your favoured list,then he should be able to interact with you,telling us to recommend him some signings,or a suitable club

It can happen vice-versa to

We're new into the game,make friendly relations with a experienced manager,and then he can recommend us about who to sign,a suited club etc

I gave up on '08 a while ago, and some things I would like to see are:

If you hire a coach or assistant manager who has recently retired, it should have a chance of luring players to the team who played with them, for example the 'Roy Keane effect' where he has brought in Yorke, Harte, Cole, Reid who Keane played with either with Man Utd or Ireland.

Jakey Q mentioned about the media suggesting players for national selection, well why not have that, and for you to be able to recommend players to international managers, either in press conferences or by contacting them directly.

It could depend on how good your relationship is with said manager, and this could result in him being selected or not.

Also, on a similar note, I've noticed a recent trend where managers recommend potential players to other club managers. Now I don't know how relevant this is to the game, but for example, if you're a struggling Premiership team, but you have a good relationship with Wenger or Benitez, they might decide to approach you to loan one of their youngsters, or a potential transfer target who's not quite good enough for the big team.

More news items would be great. I play OOTP Baseball as well, and the news items are always varied and interesting. It wouldn't hardly take up any disk space to add tons more media and player/manager comments.

It could make it interesting, if not changing the game too much, if certain managers or players keep criticising other teams, players, managers or the officials.

Shirt and stadium sponsors would be a good idea. It would give people a feeling that they have really changed something about the club they are in control of, and some comedy sponsors like Bob's chicken pies or John Barnes' Barns could provide many people with a chuckle or two.

Also changing the colours of the shirts could be easily done. it could be done with a basic interface, and there could be several patterned backgrounds, collars, sizes, etc. You could consult with fans' groups to get their opinion on a prospective colour change, for example Arsenal's 2005 shirts. It could provide a noticeable increase in revenue when you decide to introduce new kits.

Also, players' international performances should have an impact on their value. For example, Senegal players were signed by many clubs after the 2002 world cup, and ghana players after '06. David Healy's profile was raised greatly by his Euro 2008 qualifying exploits, even though at the time his performances for Leeds were fairly ordinary.

This could result in teams signing the wrong players as panic buys, and taking risks on international players who are unproven in a good league.

Some very good suggestions here but i have to totally disagree with everything mentioned about sponsorship. I cant imagine that many managers, if any at all, have a say in what type of sponsorship comes to a club, particularly the higher the profile of the club. This is a football manager sim not a football club owner sim

I'd like to see a couple of additions to the stats page during the match. Currently there is a "runs" stat to indicate completed dribbles, but I'd also like to see an attempted dribbles stat, too. It's all good and well knowing that my winger beat his man on 4 occassions, but it needs context. He is playing well if he beat his man 4 times out of 4, but if he only beat him 4 times from 20 attempts then this is a concern.

Further to this I'd like to see a stat to indicate how many times the player lost possession (e.g overran the ball into touch, mis-controlled a pass, got tackled). It's all good and well if I have a player whose passing is up around 90% but if he tends to stay on the ball too long and gets tackled more often than he gets a chance to pass, then it would be useful to know. It could indicate a weakness in my tactic, which I can then look into further.

A season summary of every club,and the whole league at the league reset date.

Means that,a written detailed summary,with statistics of my club will appear at the league reset date.Just like player XI and the format will be similar to a match report

Same for the league,highlighting the whole season ups and downs.Including the stats.

eg

Di Canio is at west ham.There is a 19 year old Italian,who is struggling to settle in England.Now manchester city,come for him,and he goes to join Billy Davies.

Wouldnt he be better off with Di Canio,who is italian,as is he.Wouldnt Di Canio,make it feel more like home for him.

Player and manager nationality should be taken under consideration while transfers,especially when they are young,and are trying to settle in the place.

I'd like to see more managers agreeing to take over clubs at the end of the season rather than halfway through it especially if they are still in a cup competition ect.

Also again more players moving at the end of season rather than in the january transfer window cause you would never see clubs selling there key players in the middle of the season would you ?

Im sorry if this has been mentioned.

1. the media talk about your team strengths more. E.g. its anticipated that Tottenham will have a squad clear out this summer, players could come to you about their futures rather than just when there is many players for a 1 position.

2. Even though it is up to you to decide where your squad is weakest, you should be able to get opinions of staff.

A feature where around Transfer windows players have increased form, even though an FM player would want to keep him as hes playing better, you could ask more for him and also if you didnt sell him he slumps after the window and his morale would drop ( even miss training).

This wouldn't be every player just players who would be interested in leaving. E.g Man Utd are linked with Berbatov

Another one from me !

This is radical but needs sorting. Instead of just AM with a line going forward on the position tactics screen Support Striker is needed. E.g. Tevez is not an out and out striker but not a AM with a line going forward.

I know I should be doing these all in one post but they keep coming to me.

A really small but fun touch would be If you keep a homegrown player throughout his career and he retires into his late 30s suggest to the board to retire his number ( assuming you kept his number throughout the game)

Well, heres a few ideas of mine, dont know if SI can do anything about them.

Well, first of all, we all know football is about the fans. That is, and always will be the most important thing in football ever. So why not have the ability to have Hooligan fights.

Just think, me, Gerrard, Carragher, and four other footballers in my team with strength 18+, can march down to Stanley park with the Liverpool fans, and kick the crap out of the Mancs. Oh, I think it would be wonderful. We could pick up weapons that are lying around the park like, bottles, wood, stones, flamethrowers, bazookas, and plasma rifles.

The team who wins gets three points on the hooligan table.

Another thing we could do is in the style of Dwain Chambers. If you have a youth star whos good at jumping, and pace, but, not too handy at football, maybe you can loan him out to an athletics club. Or if they've got good stats at flair, decisions, and anticipation, then maybe you could ask they to go on strictly come dancing.

One last thing I would like to see is to be able to start a game in the future, like the year 3000.

With this being set in the future, I dont have to tell you that there are flying cars, and they can obviously travel through time. With this feature, you can fly back in time with your squad, and take over the country, by killing Henry VIII. When you do this, you can have the chance to set up a youth academy, and get all the people wit the best genetic qualities, and nurture them. By the time you get to 1960, you will have all the best players, and win the league.

Well, these are a few of my ideas, hope some make it in the game.

What would be lovely, as a long time player (who still can remember Tonton Mokouko), is....

Unlimited Stadium expansion limits:

Nothing worse than taking over your favourite team than finding that you are limited in how far you can take them!

Tuppence given... :-)

I KNOW ITS BEEN SAID, BUT ITS RIDICULOUS

Realistic Transfers, whats the point of a player having a value if you have to pay nearly twice as much for him. How is that then a value.

E.g.

Scott Brown Celtic - Bolton 17.75 Million

Diego Cavalieri Boro - Napoli 17.25 Million

Oscar Trejo Mallorca - Lazio 19 Million

If I see a value I want to pay that, otherwise show a higher value.

Realism???

Just a simple and practical one for me...

The English language file (english.ltc), pre-installed on versions of FM shipped to the overseas market. It's a small file that doesn't take much space on the disc.

Think of all the English speakers around the world who buy the game, expats like myself for example, living in Spain (Where an original copy of FM comes with only Spanish, French, Portuguese or Italian). We buy our copies of FM in the country we live because it's convenient to do so. Why should we be forced into either buying the game online or by digital download?

The funny thing is, the installation instructions are all in English anyway, so why not just pop the english.ltc file in there as well?

If it's too much of a hardship, at least make language files available for download. I can't say I was impressed by the response from SI that they won't provide language files for games purchased in other countries. Most games manufacturers always have English as a selectable language for games, as well as the language of the countries they ship to.

Thanks. icon_wink.gif

I think we're all agreed on the media needing overhauling, however I would like to see the following tweak.

When there is a major international championship (World or European) I'd like to see a media item like this.

"You have been invited by a national TV station to comment on the Group Stage/Second Round/Quarter Final (etc) clash between x and y. Will you accept?

It'd be like scouting a match as you'd have to watch it then say what you thought at the end.

Perhaps along the same lines, if you sout a game, you get interviewed as to why you were there (I was running the rule over future transfer targets/opposition/just out for a game)

When you sign a player on a pre-contract, so say, you approach a Italian player on a free transfer, in jan for the end of the season, that they start learning the language before they actually arrive at your team.

In my Liverpool save, I agreed to sign a 16 year old Brazilian winger when he turned 18, surely they would start trying to learn the language before then, as he had 2 years to learn it, and say it was provided by the club or something like that.

Just a thought...

Archived