Henrik4

Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

7,993 posts in this topic

What I would like most to see is:

1) A 'never get fired' option. Some of us play sports management sims because we want to manage a particular team. We like to build a team at our own pace, and find more enjoyment in watching/building player careers than worrying about 'getting fired' and having all our work wasted.

2) More African leagues. This is loooong overdue. The research is there. It's way past time to have this game become truly worldwide and inclusive by having more African leagues.

Could we please have injury time goals denoted as, e.g., 45+3 or 90+5. It is not unusual to see more than one goal in injury time and for future reference it would be nice to be able to reconstruct the exact sequence of events just by glancing at the scoreline.

I already created a thread about this..

I would like the Complain about a ref option as you get punished when you complain about a ref (fines,etc) but when your correct only thing you get is a fa keep silent and your left feeling dissapointed.

Also i would like to make comments about players for international

Example:-

Club Managers:-
recommend that players are ready for international duty and should be given a chance

International:-
Things like if they don't improve at club level they will not be picked for international or they must get first team games for their clubs.

[img]http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif[/img]

i would like to see a new feature in reporting clubs to fifa for taping up players etc

Maybe this has been mentioned, but I would like to see more realistic board interference. It drives me crazy that the board will sell off players without getting any input from me, especially when I've been rejecting offer after offer for the player.

It gets ridiculous. Currently playing as Celtic, we are the 5th richest team in the world. During the January transfer window, I was $1.4 million per week UNDER my payroll budget and had $87 million left in my transfer budget. We weren't exactly hurting financially. What does my board do? Take an offer of $3.8 million for my 19 year old midfielder even though I purchased him for $5.3 million only the year before. Considering I've been their manager for 8 years and have gotten them in this great financial position, you'd think they would ask me before thinking an offer too good to turn down. Might have found out I had planned to insert said midfielder in the first team next season and thought him a future star for the team. Ridiculous.

I'd like in tactics to be able to save instructions to a player rather than a position. Also the ability to scout a group of players rather than clicking on each individually would help.

These are the little things, bigger overhauls are needed in other areas I believe but I'll leave that for now.

<LI>board takeovers/board unrest make them more frequent and hae effect on the players.

<LI>greater interaction with the players, especially at big clubs, it would make managing them not so easy, having to tiptoe around star players so they dont get tearful.

<LI> a better news system, maybe one that reflects real life you get lots of news about the top league in a national news section, rather than the news on your own league.

Complete re-vamp of Transfer system

Have it more like it is in real life with the manager giving the team a list of player he wants and then the board going out and getting them, giving you a price and asking if you still want him. Major part of football missing and a chance to replace probably the worst part of the game.

1.I'd like to see a finance screen that shows you projected future balances, income, expenditure, etc, so I can work out whether signing a new player will mean the club will be making a loss each month o if it could survive.

Obviously it cant be totally accurate as it depends on league success, cup runs, etc, but could always have a 'worst case scenario', 'average scenario' and 'best case scenario' to allow you to make a judgement on whether its a good idea to sign someone financially.

2.With regards feeder clubs, sometimes you can choose a commercial link feeder club. However, tihs gives little detail as to what sort of benefits this gives your club, only that you have to pay a few million a season to keep the clubs linked. It would be nice to have abit more information as to the benefits for these.

[quote]Originally posted by russ the womble:
1.I'd like to see a finance screen that shows you projected future balances, income, expenditure, etc, so I can work out whether signing a new player will mean the club will be making a loss each month o if it could survive.

Obviously it cant be totally accurate as it depends on league success, cup runs, etc, but could always have a 'worst case scenario', 'average scenario' and 'best case scenario' to allow you to make a judgement on whether its a good idea to sign someone financially.

2.With regards feeder clubs, sometimes you can choose a commercial link feeder club. However, tihs gives little detail as to what sort of benefits this gives your club, only that you have to pay a few million a season to keep the clubs linked. It would be nice to have abit more information as to the benefits for these. [/quote]

#2 - sure.

#1 - I'm not sure a manager (unless a part-time one-man-show) would do that though. The nearest realistic option would be for the board to strongly recommend you not sign Player X due to projected effects on future balance-sheets.

Actually, I like that last point made right there ^ [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Seriously, the assman gives a recommendation when you're negotiating to sign a player based on coaching/ability factors; your Kenyon-type suit could chip in with a recommendation based on the club's business plan. That would probably be better than the fans' representative telling you after the event that the fans feel you spent too much on Magnus McMuppet.

Havent read whole thread so not sure if any of these have been sed but i think:
1. If you are playing a "hot seat" game with 2-4 players and you all have a match at the same time, maybe you should have a split screen with the matches being played simultanisly instead of match 1 then match 2 etc.

2. Also like the idea of offering a player on loan in part of a deal e.g United to buy Aaron Ramsey for 5 mil. and loan him back to Cardiff for 12 months.

3. Also with all the talk of the Premier League damaging the England international team, i think that if you are playing in say for; the EPL or the La liga you have to pay more money for the home grown talent.

Hope you all agree, please comment.
Cam

I'd like to see functionality to "Choose A Photo" for a player. I.e. you right click the silhouette (or the god-awful generated-face model) on a player profile and browse for a photo on your system. If there could be cropping/resizing options (maybe not FMs forte, but not hard to do) that would be even better. Having real photos of players REALLY help the immersion during long games.

I do this at the moment but have to screw with xml files, put them in the right directory, yadda yadda yadda which is a real pain for a squad of 30. [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I'd like to see an overhaul of the transfer system. It seems impossible to get a good deal when trying to exchange a player.

I don't like how players price tags inflate after the first season.

Far too many players with a value of £30m need bids of £100+m for the club to accept, and to make matters worse, the AI buys players at "value" price whilst when I buy a player I have to pay over the odds, most times doubling the advertised value.

A loan back option in the transfer would also be ideal.

Physical attributes for 30+ players fall too rapidly, some players reach 33 and are in single digits, even their technical attributes slump too much it puts you off having older players which is a wrong message. The serious decline in players over 30 is distasteful.

Just to add, I'd like to see the decline in players due to age, be less extreme.

I would like to see:
The ability to save "Opposition instructions" - it is extremely frustrating having to set the same instructions game after game...

Players over 30 declining at a slower pace - it's too drastiv atm.

Transfer system is not very accurate. Players from South America etc can become very expensive, sometimes it's impossible to sign a quality player that is not world class for under 20million pounds. It is very hard to get rid of decent players in your squad, even at extremely knocked down prices. prices that smaller clubs would jump at in real life.

a loan back option would be very good with transfers.

For tactics, when I assign a player to mark Torres, he should stay marking Torres.

I don't care if Torres and Crouch swapped positions, keep marking Torres!

Also, When I set individual tactics, the tactic should apply for the player, not the position.

C.Ronaldo and Park Ji Sung will not play the same way even if they play the same position.

[quote]Originally posted by Columnarius:
[B]Make Comments about games more interesting[/B]
"Shocking", "My team are upset", "These things happen", etc. etc.

I think there is about a 85-95% chance that when you comment negatively, the "FA upset at you" counter will increment and if it is = to some amount (3?) -> you serve a touchline ban.

This could be improved. As far as I can tell, Managers in real life make comments to try to influence referees in future games. Why not add that (both an influence on that specific ref, and refs in general). [/quote]

To be honest, I think asking me what I thought of ref decisions are completely stupid. Offside I can still understand, but fouls?

How am I suppose to tell if one circle fouled another circle? Unless if SI manages to somehow give me an indication of what actually happened, asking me what I think is just highlight its weakness

I want the Arsenal researcher to be fired and someone brought in who does not think they are unbeatable supermen.

They've won the Champions League four times in a row in my last save...

-Job interviews. In theory, people can't complain if they don't get a job now because it's their own fault.

-Get rid of the little confidence bugs.

-On Player Instructions have a Set to All option. e.g, set all players to show to weaker foot.

-I can't understand sometimes why a player takes centre on their own and the opposition get possession straight away!

-What selecting languages you can speak at the start of the game. This could in theory make it easier to get abroad jobs in said country.

-Being able to add favourite teams and favourite personnel as you go with a maximum for each, so you manage them as you go.

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Thanks for reading

[quote]Originally posted by ScottMcUK:
Another idea for the game might be to make squad numbers more important. Remember when Beckham moved to Real and there was the big thing about the wingers shirt number as it belonged to Raul. PLayers should ask for their favourite numbers and get shirty (excuse the pun) if you don't give it to them. [/quote]

actually arsene wenger had a massive contribution to the design of the new arsenal stadium and training facilities

[quote]Originally posted by Sevag:
I'd like to see an overhaul of the transfer system. It seems impossible to get a good deal when trying to exchange a player.

I don't like how players price tags inflate after the first season.

[B]Far too many players with a value of £30m need bids of £100+m for the club to accept, and to make matters worse, the AI buys players at "value" price whilst when I buy a player I have to pay over the odds, most times doubling the advertised value.[/B]

A loan back option in the transfer would also be ideal.

Physical attributes for 30+ players fall too rapidly, some players reach 33 and are in single digits, even their technical attributes slump too much it puts you off having older players which is a wrong message. The serious decline in players over 30 is distasteful. [/quote]

Very True.Second season with United,City want £50mil for Michael Johnson(valued at around £8mil)and also want £80 mil+10% for Micah Richards (valued at £17mil.Hes a good player but no Ronaldo)

Teams will promote to a division only from a division right below it. Correct?

It means that if someone has only selected the EPR, Leeds will never be promoted to the Premiership. The same is with, say Caserta (I quite have the liking for them after I recently managed them to Seria A glory), who IRL have been relegated from the Italian Serie D - in FM 09 you would never see them in the lowest playable division at any point.

How about expanding the pool of possible eventually manageable clubs by introducing league tables (perhaps calculated only at the end of each season) for non selected playable divisions and a couple of non playable lower divisions? Maybe even league tables are not needed. Only lists of which clubs are on what levels and knowledge of which teams have been promoted/relegated between the different levels.

I'd like to see a list of top 20 or so transfers within the game, and the acknolwedgement of the world transfer fee etc.

I think it would be a nice touch [img]http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

- I'm not sure how far this is already implemented in the game, (I believe not at all) but I'd love to see individual managers have a greater bearing on a player's performance and abilities. Currently, a high rated CA/PA player well whatever team he plays in, and an average CA/PA player will do alright at every team he plays for. But IRL, the performance levels of some individual players can be changed dramatically under different managers. E.G. Mourinho got his player sat porto to really play above their level of natural ability to win the European Cup. Managers like Brian Clough and Bobby Robson who got their players playing for the shirt and pride of the football club. I'd like to see a good manager (in game) who could get a player with an average CA/PA to play above himself to the level of a top player. Perhaps allow a variable CA/PA flucution depending on how talented a manager is at man-management for example. Give a real personal touch to add to the slightly less than cosmetic "Favoured Person".

- Better tranfer system. I just sold Carles Coto to Arsenal for £19.25 million upfront + £24 million in clauses + Vandenborre and Ben Foster AND have the transfer go through [I]next[/I] year. I'm not really complaining, but it is a tad unrealistic.

- Greater scope for adding my own favoured clubs (I don't have just one!)/personnel and disliked clubs/people (like certain referees).

- Also, a realistic Arsenal researcher would be nice.

Oh yes, and less reliance on club reputation for things such as the number of coaches I can hire, with the possibility of that number cg=hanging as my FINANCES improve.

Reduce the obscene high amount of Injuries, throughout the franchise of FM injuries have occurred. It's ridiculous and completely un-realistic. And, it's extremely frustrating.

I would just like to underline my above post; I assume that SI main goal is to creat FM as realistic as possible, and truly give the player the feeling of controlling his/her dream team.

Add a feature; physio, and training coaches can give a "head-up" warning if he is feeling pain, that could result in a injury.

and btw. The ratio of injuries at the beginning of a season is utter ridiculous.

Having now actually played some FM08 having only bought it a few weeks ago, a few things I would like to see going forward:

1) Media/Player Interactions:
This is still far, far too simplistic for the way in which the media is used in the modern game, and it hasn't improved since FM07. I still see this area as being the feature that could take FM to a whole new level of interaction and immersion.

There should be press conferences post-match (all EPL games now have post-match press conferences), and the options for responding should vary depending on the outcome, the prediction, and the nature of the performance.

Media predictions should be dynmaic and change during the season as it unfolds. Man Utd may start as favourites, but if it's December, they've lost 9 times and are 8th in the table, I shouldn't be discussing how they are a title threat; when Newcastle, unfancied at the start of the season, are now only 2 points behind.

There should be more options to interact with players; I would like a feature something akin to a half-year report and an end-of-year report for every player from me (the manager). This would allows me to say to an underperforming player "did ok, but must do better next season", or to a developing star "you'll get more chances in the first team next year" or "you did excellent this term, well done" and things like that.

2) Transfer system:
I don't think that prices are too over-inflated in the game, especially since there is a lot of buying of players under long-term contracts, which would be very costly (which is why you don't see as much of it IRL anymore).

The main problem is definately with the negotiation aspect; the AI is pretty clueless. Firstly, it doesn't compromise and tends to always just keep on increasing its demands. Secondly, it is duped far too easily by clauses; some of the clauses I see people set up for their transfers are outrageous.

3) Minor Interface Stuff:
There are a few areas where the interface could be tidied up a little -

Scouting: I really do need a feature to delete some of those old reports after a while. Additionally, why do my scouts keep on reporting players ranked at 3 stars to me? A feature to limit inbox reports to players ranked above a certain level would be nice.

Tactics: what happened to individual 'focus passing' instructions?

I agree that individual instructions should perhaps be separated from personal instructions and team instructions - this could potentially create another tab, but if they can be saved, it allows for much greater flexibility in changing tactics, and would reduce time spent fiddling with instructions during games.

Otherwise, I'm happy to accept new features as they come from SI, the game is still excellent, and out of the existing crop, only media/player interactions appears to have room for massive improvement for me.

i'd like to see increased non league competitions for players to join. eg - unibond

Would allow us a more interesting experience if we have Whitby Town in the premiership WITHOUT using editor. Would like to see stadium features like capacity, food stalls, clubshop and commercial one like programme prices and merchandise pricing able to be changed by the gamer. would help smaller teams get more revenue

I was thinking why don't we add a new type of staff - the agent?

It would make negotiating and everything much more realistic so not every player is looking for the same thing.

We could also have a new set of stats to go with each, for example whether he cares about money that much.

Say 1 agent could have 10 or 20 players contracted to him and you would have to go through him to get the player.

I'd like my players to act like professional atheletes and not grade schoolers. As things stand, if I lose 3-0 on the road to a team I should have beaten but most of my players form was 6 or 7, I can't tell my team that I am disappointed without suffering a morale drop. My best option is usually to say that I'm pleased. Of course, I'm not pleased and I would suspect that telling that to a real player in that situation would make them think me crazy. I ought to be able to tell my players to do better next time even after a road game. A real manager would and his players would agree that they had a bad game not have a hissy fit about it.

What about the option of,at the beginning of the summer, declaring who your number one transfer target is (like Inter with Lampard and Real with Ronaldo).
This could allow fans to give reaction, and the chairman to say things like he agrees with you and will do all he can to help you sign him.
On the other hand the fans could disagree with the manager's choice or the chairman could say that he is out of your financial reach and he will not give extra funds (the longer/better you have been with a club,the higher the probability of the chairman helping you aquiring this player).
This might possibly give the target a few weeks to think over the option or instantly declare his interest (or lack of it) in signing for you.

More detailed international managment
More detailed news, not jsut the same thing over and over again
More freedom on where to place your players on tactics screen.

Make the game engine more reallistic. It seems that teams always score at the same time and nearly the same place. Its stupid when I go on a 10 game winning streak and go against a bottom feeder in the league and there strikers play like gods. Even after I restarted beacuse I was angry they still beat me everytime. My tactics were fine...even the ones I changed too have given me success but this is just stupid.

- Better Transfer market. I can never seem to sell decent plyers for a decent price. Greatly inflated prices on other players. Riise jsut sold for 19m to Zaragoza. Then im expected to accept a 11m bid for Van der vaart.
-Better interation with players. Tell them when they play bad and why they arent in the team. Tell otehrs that they are essensial in the team and you dont want them to leave.
-Better youth system. I have yet to find the next world class player on the game. Prehaps the option to open up academies all over the world, you choose the place, and you train them from there.
-Better scout system. Real life chelsea have 50+ scouts around the world, why am i only allowed 8? And an option for the assistant manager to maybe manage them or to filter their findings for you.
-The ability to have a private life and to spend/save wages. So that maybe after 10 years in the game at the top flight you can buy a lower league club be chairman/manager.

-different CAs/PAs for Technique, Mental,...
-values of negative PAs should change !!!
eg: PA -10 can be 170-200
better: 180-200
-trainings should change (more extended)
-easier to sell players
-just take all the good things of fifa manager
- SPEED UP the game !!!
simulation time is too long

- also easier (and cheaper) to buy players
- not toooooo much injuries !!!
- BETTER STAFF, 99% of staff in fm08 is bullshitstaff...

i would like to see a part on the management were you could complain about a tackle in a match which didnt have any action taken to it and your player got injured! you should be able to say you want action to be taken like a 3 game ban or something!!
Also appealing to the fa so it works every so often never seen it work myself!!
Board interaction should be improved must be improved!!
More options on player interactoin!
Transfer talk like the bbc gossip bit a whole part just like that!
Maybe a monthly magazine which has manager of the month signings player interviews tables of leagues which you have chosen! 50 best players out side the premership! things like that!
News storys about big players being put on the transfer list etc.

my ideas I'd like in the game:-

1) There is no tactical and technical help available that gives useful and detailed explanations as to where you are making mistakes. The assistant manager should have this feature, having him suggest a formation and some key instructions pre-match would be nice and then a post match report on the game with the reasons why you won/lost highlighted in simple and definitive terms.

2) You are playing against AI that is consistently TOO GOOD at reading the game and knows exactly what to do to counter your tactics. Its that simple I believe, so you are always fighting an uphill battle from day one as there are no ( to my knowledge) varying levels of AI management competencies. I should expect a tough, tactical game when going up against Alex Ferguson for example, therefore need to be on my top technical form and be aware that he will punish any technical weaknesses in my team. Whereas going up against the likes of Kevin Keegan or Steve McLaren the AI should be tweaked so that it doesn’t necessarily react or counter my tactics because technically these managers are less likely to exploit my tactics, or even counter them if changed mid-game. If anything the AI should be more prone for these managers to make tactical gaffs.

As is the situation now , there does appear to be any deviation in quality of mangers and you are just as likely to get hammered tactically by the manager of a lower league team as you are a Premiership team, simply because the AI manager ALWAYS knows the “correct” tactic to use, and It’s only the quality of their players that is the variable on how successful these tactics are – or so it seems to me.

I'd like a more in-depth transfer system including Agents, and a more "realistic" price range when buying players, the sums that you have to pay sometimes are really over-the-top

Fans tweaking. i.e you're managing a team like F.C. Copenhagen, and you've reached the CL Group stage, you end up in group with Real Madrid, Roma and Sporting lissbon.
If you then lose to Real Madrid at their home stadion, the fans become angry and the board awell. Thats not realistic in my eyes, indeed, teams have high-ambitions, but it has to be realistic..

[quote]Originally posted by pelicanstuff:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazingerZ:
[B]one simple... misconduct!![/B]
Drunk players, fights..etc

due legal issues, okay only on "generated players"

maybe? just a suggestion.. [/quote]

Maybe not drunk, but turns up late for training etc. Minor fights/players squaring up etc, players surrounding the ref would all be useful if at all possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already happens - I've had a generated player miss training three times due to him being spotted out in nightclubs.

Support for goalscoring goalkeepers!

I know there is only really a handful that take pens or FKs, but it's only one field, surely it can be displayed so I can see how many Rogerio Ceni scores as I play!

easy being able to add in the pregame editor squad status and transfer status, find it so annoying that i have to use fmm to add people to the transfer list/take off and change squad status, other than that keep up the good work SI

Caretaker manager should be in the game e.g. whilst your unemployed you could be offerd a caretaker role untill they find the sutible person but if you work out good you could stand a chance to getting the job

An option to have a stored tactic for when I go done to 10 men, it would be easier to just order the switch with one click rather than having to adjust positions & sliders while the game continues.

idea:

An option where you can contact a players agent stating that you are interested. And you wish the agent informs the players club that you are interested. And the agent can give you detailed information on player that you can use in the forseen future as to signing the player, if the club does not wanna sell.

I would like to see ALL leagues of the world playable and this includes ALL football clubs on the planet! That will be the ultimate achievement of SI and could become a reality in 10 or 20 years time!

[quote]Originally posted by Illdisposed:
Fans tweaking. i.e you're managing a team like F.C. Copenhagen, and you've reached the CL Group stage, you end up in group with Real Madrid, Roma and Sporting lissbon.
If you then lose to Real Madrid at their home stadion, the fans become angry and the board awell. Thats not realistic in my eyes, indeed, teams have high-ambitions, but it has to be realistic.. [/quote]

Yeah, I play Wigan and got them to CL first season - they should have been delighted and they seemed to be. But they were disappointed when I could only draw against Barca and Juventus.