Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it a gimmick if it's something that is true to real life? A gimmick is something needlessly added to the game that would not make it more REALISTIC. This would definitely make it more realistic than the current set up, where after 20 years you have the same kit and sponsor.

IT could be easily done, infact the extra sponsors taken on board would mean more money for SI to pump into making the games as good as possible.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by metropolistechnique:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_Harwood_FM08:

I think in FM they each year you should get offers from top brands or new brands that want to sponsor you, instead of forcing one youve never heard of, also you should be able to request new strips that you could give the colours n style of it. Ive played with stoke for 4 seasons now, and in the first season i got promoted and then i qualified for euro 2 times then come 2nd, but ive never been able to change strips :S.

It's not Fifa or TCM or LMA, these gimmicks are not part of FM and never should be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How is it a gimmick if it's something that is true to real life? A gimmick is something needlessly added to the game that would not make it more REALISTIC. This would definitely make it more realistic than the current set up, where after 20 years you have the same kit and sponsor.

IT could be easily done, infact the extra sponsors taken on board would mean more money for SI to pump into making the games as good as possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Nomis07 was referring to your suggestion of the manager requesting and choosing kits and sponsors rather than everything else. Going of your definition that is a gimmick as managers are not really involved in that area of business and the feature would simply detract from the aim of the game.

As for sponsors, it is not that easy. First of all, it is not gauranteed that the sponsor will pay SI for their name in the game, it could just as easily be SI having to pay. Then there are problems with the sponsors already having links to other companies such as EA.

I do agree though that it would be nice for kits to change every now and then and possibly for their to be more info on sponsors. Although the manager shouldn't be involved in their selection IMO.

Anyway, just a quick thing that has probbably been mentioned already but I thought I'd raise it myself.

The AI of players needs to be improved so that when a player goes off the pitch for a while for physio treatment, his place on the pitch is not left emtpy.

For example, if my CB goes off for a few minutes I don't expect the other CB to have to cover both positions which will leave the defence very weak. Instead, one of the full backs will usually tuck inside and take up the CB position until the CB comes back. That particular example comes from a few minutes ago when my centre back was left on his own to defend against 2 star strikers which resulted in the opposition winning the match. icon_mad.gif

This should of course also vary depending on what is happening in the match (e.g. the score)as well as your tactics.

please please please please please can i please select which sodding kit i am going to WEAR before a match, i am sick of the game choosing a kit that i dont actually fancy wearing cos i think it clashes too much etc etc. obviously the game can filter out the kits that would clash when the selection comes up. thanks

Ive played FM and other managerial games for years and i think that out of them all FM 2008 is without doubt the best but i think there is still room for improvement. Here are a few points that i think would improve the game for 2009 and beyond.

1. When signing a player i think that an agent has to be

involved for example his fees etc as this is a big part

of todays game.

2. Being able to approach a player illegally thru an agent

with the risk of getting caught and fined for "tapping

up" would bring a sense of realism. Agents pushing their

players to you and players wanting to sign for you would

be realistic aswell!!!

3. When making a signing a simulated press conference

with manager, chairman and player at table with

camera flashes etc, and questions about new signing

being put to you. Answers to the questions being

multiple choice.

4. This press conference would also be used when you take

over at a new club. With questions like "Do you think you

have what it takes to turn this club around?" would be

fun and add realism!

5. I know points 3 and 4 are kinda in the current game but

arent in this format! More questions would be good like

"Who will you be looking to bring in?"

"Will you be planning a clearout?"

"How much will you have to spend?" etc.....etc!

6. I also think that young players who rise through the

youth academy should be better as alot that come

through are crap and its frustrating when your club has

a top training academy and none make it to your first

team (whats the point?) more promising wonderkids

coming through would be great as everyone wants a

rooney or a bojan coming through !!!

7. Being able to build youth academies in different

countries would be cool with a pool of, for eg. africans

to be able to choose from. Then if you have a gem you

can select him and bring him over to join your academy.

These would of course have a cost to build and run.

8. When buying a young player there should be an option

to allow him to stay at his club on loan.

9. FM has got to bring in 3d stadiums as its something that

is in other games and is fun. A realistic copy of current

stadiums with the ability to pick and build new stands or

built a brand new all seater. If you are a lower division

club with a cow shed and sloping terrace and you take

them to the premiership you need a stadium that suits

and being able to see these improvements helps! As

you can see that the club is moving forward!!!!

10. Designing new kits?

11. Choosing your sponsorship from an arrange of offers!!

12. Its annoying when a player who loves the club has

their head turned by a club who quite simply in real

life wouldnt happen, like for eg. C.Ronaldo interested

in signing for Arsenal or Barry Ferguson of Rangers

wanting a move to Wigan etc it wouldnt happen!!!!

13. Ive also found that with the current game, even

though your wages are well below the wage

structure the club still seems to lose cash at the end

of each month for no apparent reason???

14. Having more control over finances would be good like

being able to take out loans to buy that striker that

you cant afford but would fire you to the premiership

where you could then pay it off!!!!

I'd really like to see improvements on both confidence and media.

I think that there should be a lot more media interaction (even though it would be annoying). Teams are oblidged to give post-match interviews, and it would be nice to get asked questions about the results (a chance to praise the opposition's performance, blame the ref for continually blowing up on minor challenges, accuse the opposition of playing "too physical", or praise the work-rate of your own team". It would also be nice to see what your own players responded in their interviews (perhaps seeing that my centre-back described his debut as "not good enough for a pub team" would perhaps influence how I react (perhaps I'll hold back on that fine, or demote him to the reserves to get him all fired up to make ammends next time).

I would also like to see a lot more interaction after I've signed a new player, or sold a player. Perhaps I could explain that I had to sell the player as he wanted first team football and it just wasn't going to happen in the current environment, or that the exceptional form of the other players had limited his chances and you didn't wish to stand in the way of the player's career. Similarly you could explain that the £3m pounds you spent on that youngster is a long-term investment, and whilst he may feature here and there in the short-term he shouldn't be judged on until he's had a chance to settle in at the club (this will link into confidence which I will mention later).

I'd also like to see interaction with regards to international call-ups for club managers. By this, I'd like to be able to comment on rumours that "player x" is on the verge of winning his first cap, and that I should be able to commend him on his performances to say he deserves the opportunity, or perhaps suggest to not get carried away with his hype and continue his good performances to ensure he makes the squad, etc...

With regards to the board confidence, and I'm sure this has been mentioned numerous times, I'd like to see an option to lessen the expectations on new signings who are young and only "investments" at the time of purchase. I try to play my youngsters in the Carling Cup and I don't think it is realistic that the fans would automatically jump on the back of a player who is 18, signed for 300k and has put in 4 average performances in cup competitions and is otherwise not associated with the senior squad.

Finally, and I'm sure you're relieved this is ending, I'd like to be able to have the board to react to cup draws so that their expectations aren't unrealistic. For example, if I was Everton and I got knocked out of the League Cup in the 4th round away to Chelsea, yet I finished 3rd in the League, reached the semi's of the FA cup and won the EUFA cup, I doubt the board would really have cause to complain about my poor showing in the League Cup as the results elsewhere will have bolstered the club in terms of finances and reputation considerably beyond the season's expectations.

Hmm. Not sure if it's been mention... Probably has.

When you start a new game and choose your experience as Automatic or Sunday League, and start Unemployed. You can be hired as an Assistant Manager, managing reserve teams and work your way up to offers from clubs looking for First team managers. Or If the Manager goes on Holiday or a meeting, he'll leave you in charge to fill in for the next First team game, and it adds to your Reputation.

Just an Idea. I know it's possible to play reserve games. But it's just something to ponder about.

Hello,here i am with some fresh ideas which would surely make game more realistic:-First of all big clubs shouldnt buy many players on free transfers which dont have ability to play in that club but there should be some exceptions for example(big clubs from any club in the world should be interested in signing player who are in national setup and players who have high attributes)because i dont think that there is any club that wants to buy players on free transfers and they have money to buy better players.

-Then big clubs should buy best players from its country or strengthen their squad with 2 or 3 players from foreign country to bolster their squad.

-Clubs shouldnt be judged by their reputation because there are big clubs that are coming from poor leagues and that are fighting for European cups.

-Every season i should write a list of players that i would like to release or sell and wish list of players which i would like my clubs buys for me,and i should be able to wish 2 0r more better players from league five(England,Spain,France,Germany,Italy,Holland,Portugal)etc.

-I would like that you fix something that i encountered in game i have been playing a game and in the half of the season and in the end of the season i saw that best goalscorer,best player,best team was made of players that dont have ability or attributes to win such award i think that best player should be player with highest attributes also best goalscorer should be player with highest finishing(and highest attributes or anything that describes best players in certain position,but i dont say that best goalscorer cant be maybe some midfielder)

Best goalscorer could be also and player with finishing 1 if he is playing in some poor league and he has highest attributes till he dont get injured or looses his form.

-I would like that you make that in current ability are listed all attributes which would show ability of some player instead of old way,and that in potential ability are listed also all attributes but they should have restrictions on it to show how far certain attribute of a players will develop it would be fantastic!!!

One tiny advice i would for the sake of realism that players that players dont score too many goals especially if they are playing in better leagues as(England,France,Germany,Spain,Italy,Holland,Portugal)because have you ever seen decent player who managed to score more than 20 goals in first season in which he came to that country

even best players dont score more than 32 goals in the season(Luca Toni)i dont see why you cant make realistic game.Every season(year)you make clone of the game from previous year and that shouldnt be because i think you have much more potential and you should listen to our advices!!!!

Thank you.

Hello,here i am with some fresh ideas which would surely make game more realistic:-First of all big clubs shouldnt buy many players on free transfers which dont have ability to play in that club but there should be some exceptions for example(big clubs from any club in the world should be interested in signing player who are in national setup and players who have high attributes)because i dont think that there is any club that wants to buy players on free transfers and they have money to buy better players.

-Then big clubs should buy best players from its country or strengthen their squad with 2 or 3 players from foreign country to bolster their squad.

-Clubs shouldnt be judged by their reputation because there are big clubs that are coming from poor leagues and that are fighting for European cups.

-Every season i should write a list of players that i would like to release or sell and wish list of players which i would like my clubs buys for me,and i should be able to wish 2 0r more better players from league five(England,Spain,France,Germany,Italy,Holland,Portugal)etc.

-I would like that you fix something that i encountered in game i have been playing a game and in the half of the season and in the end of the season i saw that best goalscorer,best player,best team was made of players that dont have ability or attributes to win such award i think that best player should be player with highest attributes also best goalscorer should be player with highest finishing(and highest attributes or anything that describes best players in certain position,but i dont say that best goalscorer cant be maybe some midfielder)

Best goalscorer could be also and player with finishing 1 if he is playing in some poor league and he has highest attributes till he dont get injured or looses his form.

-I would like that you make that in current ability are listed all attributes which would show ability of some player instead of old way,and that in potential ability are listed also all attributes but they should have restrictions on it to show how far certain attribute of a players will develop it would be fantastic!!!

One tiny advice i would for the sake of realism that players that players dont score too many goals especially if they are playing in better leagues as(England,France,Germany,Spain,Italy,Holland,Portugal)because have you ever seen decent player who managed to score more than 20 goals in first season in which he came to that country

even best players dont score more than 32 goals in the season(Luca Toni)i dont see why you cant make realistic game.Every season(year)you make clone of the game from previous year and that shouldnt be because i think you have much more potential and you should listen to our advices!!!!

Umm no offence, but what has any of that to do with the andits experiment?

It could be a nice addition to the game if there would be a possibility to have your scouts/coaches say what you in terms of money could get out of a player.

A player´s value may be £50,000, but one of your coaches/scouts or even Head scout (new addition) could say you can get as much as £130,000 if you find the right buyer.

Also think when you offer a player to a club you should be able to pick only interested clubs or even just one or two that you pick yourself.

Great game after 8.0.2 btw!

In my opinion best post and ideas are from tommy vercetti because his ideas would give game realistic sense and make it very playable and interesting.

Everyone who think something else i think that they have right on its opinion,but in my opinion his posts and ideas are magnificent.

Its too bad he doesnt work in SI games because if he would this game would finally look on game(it would be realistic)!

I dont see why SI couldnt make game on tommy vercetti(power monger,kjah...)advices and if that wouldnt be excellent(which i doubt)they could get back on their old way.

Guys keep it up,if you would continue to make so good advices game could have future!!!

Thanks!

make all lagueages avaivable on CD/download version - not only few packed on CD - depending on saler decisoin.

This makes life harder for forgeiner in certain countries.

And if this is imposible (due to adding more langueas as time progress) - then please, make new language packs dowloable directly from SI server. This saves "hunting time"for wanted language pack in net. Its only cca 750 kb!!! after all.

When you accept multiple loan requests for one of your players (say a youth etc) it'd be cool if you could recommend to him which team to go on loan to. For example I have just loaned a regen DM (potential to be better than Miguel Veloso) out to Siena (Serie A) and he rejected an offer from Brescia (Serie B), I'd love to have been able to tell him to go to Brescia where he'll play more games than Siena with the bigger reputation where he wont play much and when he does he'll just be trying to help them avoid relegation.

It really annoys me when I'm on holiday and applying for jobs that I get offered jobs by really small clubs.

It also annoys me that they approach me over and over again, even after I've rejected them.

I think when you go on holiday and look for jobs, there should be a filter.

For example - 'only apply for premiership jobs' or 'don't apply for jobs i have already rejected'.

Would make my jobhunting a lot quicker and easier!

I've always said that an improvement in FM for me would be if they changed the way cup games are played or the way the gui looked.

When playing in the champions league it could be as simple as changing the background picture to a pic of a cup. Just something that stands out so it doesn't feel like any other league game.

I would like to see fewer number of suspicious situations in the game.IMO there is a huge number of goals from offsides and awarded penalties and that is ruining passion for the game.

I hope that SI will also work on club reputations and improve that aspect of game.

Looking forward to reading any feedback from SI and other members of this forum ofcourse.

Cheers...

Originally posted by Facers1:

My only suggestion would be to be able to tell a player / "Players Agent" to find a new club ? As i think that this would solve my biggest of the game ( the ability to get rid of deadwood ).

PS Has anyone ever had contact with an agent ? i think i did back in fm2007 once, but it was a long time ago ... Might have been in a dream state.

I Like the idea of tellin a player to find a new club instead of putting "not need status by the club"...more realistic this way.

This is little more respect to the player. icon_smile.gif

Btw im reading through the latest 15 pages of this thread so im replying with ideas i like icon_smile.gif

Hi, not reading through 38 pages and pitying the <STRIKE>fool</STRIKE> SI employee who does, so this might have come up.

Can we have (albeit very rare) injuries in warm up? They happen in real life too. Although they might be a bit frustrating, I think it would be a nice addition.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

But the chairman could consult you on a couple of proposals he has received. For example, #6m for a one year deal with company x or #15m from company z for a 4 year deal with half paid up front and the rest in installments

This way you could choose depending on how much cash you currently have.

Originally posted by Korre:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Manumoss:

You Should Be able to tell the media that you believe one of your players should be in the national team

I liked this one so one more vote on this one icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon14.gif A thumbsup from me too

drastic improvments in players...

like youre in a league 2 side and one day one of your first team players stats start improving rapidly

e.g of this is like ronaldo came back after the world cup and he was a powerhoused with lethal finishing or fabregas and adebayor instantly improving over the off season.

this would mean all are wonderkids could take wonderkid to the next level where there still young but kik all other wonder kids ass.

Just trying to say less steady improvments for wonderkids where 1 day they just transform into a indespensible player

What Id like to see is the setting up of friendlies changed a bit, as Ive been trying to set em up and gave up eventually as I was trying to all home venue friendlies obviously, but didnt succeed to book any teams that might even remotely give me some profit, not talking about super star teams, even teams out of my own leagues.

Now Anyhows, what could be changed is instead of simply rejecting they could say, our current shedule is simply to booked, okay fair enough or the amount you offerd us would not even cover for our team moving(or that day of wage of the players) or simply they could counteract and say, okay deal but we want 20% of the income the match generates or something alike.

Tours should be added and worked out into some kind of profit tool(merchandising) but strictly for global rep teams the profit part being. Could limit it to the region(continent) you got a financial feeder club and once a year actually making profit to avoid abuse ingame.

As for stages they could put a option list, for like its start of new season you got bucket loads of new players you could do a team bounding stage, so they get to know each other a bit better already to fasten up the gelling effect for yer squad or something similiar to boost morale, to both of these get gained already by just doing the friendlies though but it could alter the current spirit perhaps to an higher level..

I am currently on 'holiday' on the game and have the 'apply for manager positions' thing ticked.

I get offered jobs and reject some but when I go back on holiday it applies for the same job again so I have to reject again.

How about having an option so it doesnt re-apply for a job you have already rejected?

Just a small idea.

forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but 39 pages to read through would just give me a sore head.....anyway.

when loaning a player out, the option as to the reason why 'to give player first team experience' would be a good addition, might give the player hope that he still figures in your plans but just needs first team football elsewhere first

My major gripe with 8.0.2 is the coaching staff limits, namely, they don't increase as your club stature increases. In the first two patches, this was fine, since you could go way over the limits, but now it is ridiculous. My Wolves side are now challenging for the champions league, with a very rich chairman, ambitious irl who gives me full backing. However, i can't get more than 10 coaches, including 1st team, youth, goal keeping and fitness coaches, making it impossible to get 7* coaching across the board, something i could do while in the championship on 8.0.1!

If my request wasn't clear, basically i applaud the more stringent limits on coaching staff, but only if they are increased as a club's stature and finance increase.

Otherwise it is very difficult to get high standard coaching for a newly-risen team, making long games difficult! Cheers SI

An "Unsackable" option.

The option could be introduced, and targeted mostly at beginners to FM, to help them be able to play plenty of matches against different teams, and experiment with tactics, without having to spend hours on re-building a new team they've taken over, or starting a new game, each time they are sacked.

The result would be that there would be far less complaints about how hard the game is, and the option would also be there for those who aren't beginners but wish to use it anyway, say if they are taking over a pretty weak team and want some leeway in learning how to cope in the lower divisions. At any point in their career, a manager could choose to untick the option to make it more challenging and realistic.

This would have no bearing whatsoever on winning or losing matches. It would just be very helpful, in view of how much time it takes on FM, to sort out your squad/hire and sack staff etc, at the beginning of each game (or season), only to get yourself sacked because you haven't been giving enough opportunities to experiment with getting your tactics and teamtalks right.

to comprimise people on the unsackable option - you could always have it so anyone on an unsackable game cannot score hall of fame points etc, some way of making sure people dont use it all the time.

Guest Cecilio

I don't know if this was already posted but I don't have time to read the other pages.

Even if I am for example in Conference League, I think it would be better to do a separate budget for players and for staff, so I can really have a certain number of staff related to how much money can I spend and not related to which league I'm playing.

Another thing that would be much appreciated is a better relation between training and player's growth, because now even if a young player make a very intensive training for many years with most valued staff, results aren't satisfactory.

Finally, I would a greater variety of relations with the press and of comments on my squad and on the championship that I'm playing.

Two things:

Squad status - I want an option that players in my first team are eligible to be picked for reserve matches. I want that for those 3-4 players in my 20/22 first team squad that rarely play. It's hard work and boring to micromanage them between first team and reserves, i want to see them in the first team squad and know they'll have a decent level of fitness cause theyve played reserve team games.

Player potential - I'd like to see more variation as to which players become superstars. For example, right now a PA of -10 means the player will receive a PA between 170-200. A PA of -9 means a player will receive a PA of 150-200. I want there to be a larger variation, i.e. players with a PA of -10 have a 20% chance of a PA >190, players with a -9 PA have a 5% chance of a PA>190, players with a PA of -9 have a 0,1% chance of a PA>190, etc.

Might sound like hard work, but it prevents the same players being great on everyones games and increases the variability.

I'd like to be able to scout by potential.

I could tell a scout I want a striker for the future with 15 off-the-ballness. My scout will then go off and look for players who might not necessarily have 15 OTB at the moment, but his potential ability might mean he'll have at least 15 if he achieves his potential.

I'd like to search for players with a release fee.

And in the media, I'd love to be able to suggest my own players to the media for international call-ups.

"XXXXXXX manager YYYYYYYY has said that England Manager Fabio Capello should look no further than his striker ZZZZZZZ to complete England's front line. ZZZZZZ has been in excellent form this seaosn"

And also I'd like to be able to have a go at opposing managers for being too physical. Say if you get a lot of injuries in one game, you can accuse the other manager of sending his team out to hurt your players.

i would like to be able to put in a request to the chairman that semi professional clubs become professional. this is hopeless when playing in lower leagues anywhere except in england, where all clubs become pro when beeing promoted to league two. i was promoted to first div in scotland and was the only semi-pro club in the league. naturally, i was relegated immediately...

1. Football agents should have a big influence on their players. Example: Nowadays World Class Players will have their contracts reviewed almost every season.

2. Awards should only go for players whose World Reputation is higher than, for example, 150.

3. Transferring players should be easy. There should always be a club interested in your players.

4. Players that go on loan are normally available for transfer or not needed by the club. This is not true and should be tuned.

5. Wages, financial status, bank loans, chairman loans, etc...should be tuned because most of the times you have huge profits. Nowadays only 20 clubs in the world have a good financial situation.

6. Big players and Managers should only move to big clubs! ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal, Inter, ACMilan and Juve, Barcelona and Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

Leagues like the Portuguese or Dutch have no ability to buy players from a Premier League club! Players that play for small clubs in the EPL or La Liga or Serie A will not be interested in changing to the Dutch League or the Portuguese League even if it is a big club...

I'd be forever thankful to the programmer who codes the game to allow me to manage all 3 teams effectively.

Currently, if my senior team has a match scheduled on the same day as my youth team, then I only get to manage the youth team live. My assman gets to manage the senior team. I'd like to be able to manage both games. If it's not realistic to do both matches back-to-back then give me the choice as to which one I will manage on that day.

Currently, my senior players have the option to be "moved to reserves for the next 5 days". Then, the players stay listed in the senior squad, but show up automatically in the reserve game IF the ass man is coaching the reserves. If I am managing the reserves and tell my senior players to move to the reserves for the next 5 games, I don't seem them listed as a choice for the match. Instead, I must move them manually back and forth between the squads before and after each reserve match.

more option to raise funds (this helps mainly small teams or big in problems) - like requesting of selling stadium name (for certain time) for extra one-time income (and this can be split into stands names - if this is realistic), or to cut mainitenance cost - share your stadium with another (local) teams.

And others - request to board to take actions to ioncrease average (or for match) attendances - like organizing fan days, building extra parking space..etc - or to boost merchandise sales - like mentioned organizing fan days, matches against fans (very litle chance of discovering future/current (depending on age) of player for team)...etc.

What dou you think about a custom database?

Precisely, at the start of the game there is an option to sellect a country which all players will be showed in game.

F.E - if you sellect England, then ALL english players (and staff) will be showed in game, including lower leagues.

With the time I realised that many smaller countries after 10-15 seasons dont have many "real" players in game, that means - the most of their players are gray. Even if you don't sellect a Holland, Brazil oder Argentina players (and I'm playing large database)- in 2015 their youth teams are not really strong, and they have not really great players in their squad.

Also, when I send scouts to these countries, they usually don't find anything special.

So, I tryed one time at the start to use "show all players" option for many countries, not only european to have more realistic database. So I took f.e. romania, ghana, japan, china, mexico...- all countries which have realistic chance to bring up a quality player.

This "action" improved a realism very nice (there were a many youth talents in different edges of the world, and there was more staff to choose)but also it SLOWES MY GAME very very much.

So, what do you think about this - at the beginning, we can choose small, medium, large or CUSTOM database.

When you take custom database their will be shoved all countries, and you can choose how many players/staff from that country will be ALLWAYS there as a real player/staff. (0, 25, 50, 75 or 100%).

F.E. - you select England, 100 $ - all players will be shoved; 75%- all proffesional players and half of low leagues players will be showed (depends of reputations)... by 25% their will be only players with national (or higher) reputation, and national team players

This allows you to have nice south american, dutch, or east european players in year 2020.

For really small and unimportant football countries (f.e. Vietnam, Fiji, Andorra) you can select 0 or 25% if you want.

I know, the model isn't perfect, but it's a good basic to make database and player/staff choice after 15 seasons more realistic.

Proper Negotiations:

Club offering contract to player:

- player wants 10k per month + 100k transfer fee + 200 app. bons + 1k goal bonus for 2 years

- club offers back 10k per month + 0k transfer fee + 200 app. bons + 1k goal bonus for 2 years

- player (knowing that no transfer fee is coming) asks now 12k/month + 200 app.bonus + 1k goal bonus for 2 year

- club offers back 10k per month + 0k transfer fee + 200 app. bons + 1k goal bonus for 2 years

- player (knowing that wage and transfer fee are blocked) asks 5k app. bonus + 10k goal bonus for 1 year-only, or says 'this is the most i can concede', forcing the club to step back and offer higher wages and so on.

The same is valid for club x club talks with all the options available...transfer fee, monthly installments, fee after x goals, etc...

Guest legionarul

It would be nice to invest your money earned from a contract as a manager(maybe personal sponsors)..to have a private life..house..car..wife..kids..hobby's..the direct rivals from ea sports already did that..

It would be nice also to have a more variaty of news..media comments..player interaction..

Besides that..im very annoyed as a very good player like Marco Materazzi or Christian Vieri (that are well past 30 years of age) will not even discuss the matter of a transfer for a club from a low reputation country(league) even tough in real life it is very possible if that club is very rich..

I've saw some very good ideas for the game..along as very bad ones..I hope SI and SEGA will really consider our ideas cause some of us are really old fans of these game..

Small, easy-to-do suggestion for FM09:

When you set up a new game and you want to retain players from certain nations, that list is very long and scrolls down slowly. You can only tick one at a time and then go back to the start. Why not have a menu that opens up and allows you to tick however many you want, then tick confirm? icon_smile.gif

Archived