Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I’ve come into this thread very late indeed. Many of my suggestions may have already been put forward, if not all of them, but here goes anyway:

The ability to talk to a player outside of the media. Talk to them about their form, why they are left out of the team, what they can do to get back in etc. Equally I’d like a player to break down my door and complain to me in person or come in to the office to make requests, discuss their future and so on.

Better communication and involvement from the team captains. Varied options here from team related issues to asking them to lead by example, rally the troops etc.

Improved media in general. Less repetition, more flair in the use of language and a complete do away with repeated quotes and questions. No I’m not interested in signing player X, you should know this as I’ve now told you so seven times. Guttuso would make a good coach? Great, but I heard you the first eight times.

Also with media how about making winning something a bit more of an event? I don’t want pretty pictures of cups and that sort of nonsense but something other than pleased/delighted at winning the title and to focus on future challenges. It would be nice if it felt like an achievement was recognised by both the board and the fans.

Although there is a wonderful sound-pack available on the forums the game really should have more variety sound wise out of the box. Different atmospheres at different venues, different crowd noises based on size of support and location in the world. It’s probably the easiest thing SI could change/improve.

Key area for me would be an improvement in AI managers. More individuality, more personality traits. This would include, but not limited to, the types of players a manager likes to sign. Some managers should prefer to bring in promising players, others go for stars, others still prefer to build a team of consistent battlers.

Some sort of game memory wouldn’t hurt. It would be great if over time new rivalries were created and old, less regional ones fell away.

Clubs need to be more realistic when trying to find new managers. In the games I’ve played when Sir Alex retires he’s been replaced by Steve Coppel and Bryan Robson when world class managers were waiting without a club.

While I’m not totally against a 3D match engine some middle ground could be achieved. The player icons on the pitch tell you very little. It would be nice to see which foot a player is striking the ball with, when they are jumping, when they are jostling for position and when they are sliding in or going to ground. At the moment it looks like a bit of a blob orgy. A new graphical model would make all the difference in the world.

Other than some of the more obvious match engine fixed that have been mentioned to death that about covers it for me.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one little idea but I thought I'd add it before it is forgotten.

A list of competitions that a player is currently cup tied for in their profile.

Currently when I get to the mid-season transfer window & a players history shows that they have appeared in a cup match I have to trawl through their teams fixture just to find out which cup(s) it is.

It would be much easier to see something along the lines of;

A Player

FA Cup: Yes

FA Trophy: No

Setanta Shield: YES

As managers we have judgments of players' abilities and potentials. So we must see a player's abilities according to our capabilities. I mean, sometimes we could have easily misjudge abilities or capacities of any player. Thus managers can make wrong decisions about players they are monitoring and be have to rely on their staff's opinions much more than ever. With the nature of their adaptabilities and psychologies players may not perform %100 at their teams.

excuse me if i am wrong but a player who can jump 20/20 and is 170 cm long cannot get a header from a player who can jump 15/20 and is 195 cm long. Also one dc who has a jumping level 19 but heading level 4, can't be considered weak in the air.

Originally posted by DavorSuker:

excuse me if i am wrong but a player who can jump 20/20 and is 170 cm long cannot get a header from a player who can jump 15/20 and is 195 cm long. Also one dc who has a jumping level 19 but heading level 4, can't be considered weak in the air.

I'mnot sure eithert point holds water TBH.

On the first one a smaller guy with an explosive, well timed jump can & often will beat the bigger bloke with less technique I was a case in point 1m65 but regulary beat much bigger guys in the air because I worked at it.

As for the second comment regarding not considering a playing with high jumping ability but low heading as weak in the air again this goes to technique. Yes he may be able to get height on his leap but if he can't direct a header to an intended target what use is he? All you get is the big lumbering centre half seeing his headers go straight up in the air, behind for corners, onto an on-rushing midfielder or worst of all in the back of his own net.

How about som non-FIFA nations such as Jersey,Greenland,Sápmi etc...

and also some non FIFA cups such as VIVA world cup,UNPO cup,ELF cup etc...

I think it would be alot better to include rather than exclude icon_biggrin.gif

i dont know if SI are still looking at this thread in consideration for 09.

My main wish-list or possible improvements would be:

Increased variation in media.

International management improved a little more.

More links and quicker ways to go about things. Extremely helpful would be a button to make a player available for the reserves rather than having to go into the menu. So on the squad screen. The extra buttons on news items is one of the unsung positives of the latest version in my eyes!

More manager interaction.

The transfer centre showing all the criterea for different loan deals offered and the abiity to quickly view this when looking through the offers ths being able to choose the best one for your club quickly.

The transfer offer/ enquiry system being slightly tweaked ( less silly negotiation[jumping from a ridiculously high valuation to accepting a much lower offer by the AI], more straight to the point acception/ rejection as in real life its pretty rare for a club to tell you a players sale price! )

More incentives. promises available to offer players in contract offers possibly?

Improved tactics & training more interaction between the two. I likes the ideas in the bootroom fanzine. Maybe a bit OTT but could slightly be implemented (the set piece trainer)

More recognition for yourself as a manager as you progress in time on the game. More recognition of your titles earned and ability to transform/ improve clubs.

More one off individual events occuring that rarely happen. Would add a bit more of a personal feel to the game.

Especially as time goes on so the game feels less repetitive and more exciting and refreshing.

Some things which would be interesting and satisfying would be:

More range of media stories, some which occur very rarely. News items whch are unique and new occuring as you progress. Ie when you have had a certain amount of time in management.

eg. News item such as: Tomas has now reached his [nth] year/match as a manager, a number of people including

1. have thanked him for his time and passion for the game. He has managed at [Clubs]His honours so far have been the [Trophy] with [Club] And he is currently managing with [CLub] Or something alternative/ different for manaing for a long time at a club or achieving a trophy more than once etc.

Great players/ managers honours being noted in the game whence they retire.

Originally posted by MAN_U_MAN:

I'm sorry if someone has mentioned this as I havn't read the whole thread but the appealing of red cards is quite stupid. I have never ever won an appeal before can someone please tell me if they have? I like that they have included it but if you can never win an appeal then really there isn't much point in having it as an option.

i think (cannot remember for certain) i won an appeal on an earlier version might be FM06 or might be as far back as CM4, however in real life very few red cards are overturned.

Oh and please can we have the issues about "did the ball cross the line"

Opposition Instructions:

Can we please be able to select more than one player at a time and choose what instructions we want to give for them? It would save time. I'd also like to be able to see what positions each sub on the opposing team can play in that one screen.

GoalKeepers & Player Ratings:

Is there any way player ratings could be changed to go have .5 increments available instead of only going up/down by 1s? Some examples of how this may apply to keepers:

Keeper is caught out of position, opposition player piledrives the ball into the back of the net: rating down by 1

Defender does a clumsy challenge from behind in the box... penalty... goal: rating down by .5

Goalkeeper lunges at the ball and knocks down an opposition striker... penalty... goal: rating down by 1

Defender gives the ball away in a bad position, opposition player scores.

i dont know if metioned before as i haven't had the time to look at 35 pages but id like the option when creating a new manager at the start of the game to be asked if id like to be an international manager with the same <user>.

e.g entering your details, what club you're going to be (if not unemployed) then confirming, and like the current wizard "do you want to add another manager?", just before being asked that if you was asked "would you also like to take on an international team?"

i only say this as quite often i would like to manage certain international teams at the start of the game, but i dont feel international management is quite fulfilling enough to alone manage there. but i also dont see the point in creating another user and playing the game with two teams on different names.

maybe not too realistic, but it could possibly only be asked if your reputaion which you add at the start was international footballer

just an idea just one of many.......

i'd like to see more incentives to add to a players contract to lure him to the club... like setting up foreign players with a rented property or a car or other things to perhaps make them settle quicker. i know a little random but players can be demanding right??? also if you move jobs i'd like to see an option to take your current backroom staff with you as a team, this happens alot.

I would like to just see a game that works with a realistic transfer system not as soon as a player goes on your shortlist every club in the world tries to sign him, youth players who never get a game or see the first team transfering for 20 million quid. more interaction especially with international managers in fact just sort the whole international management out as you done a p**s poor job this time round ! Get rid of the stupid 30 attempts on goal and score none in fact just rebuild the game from scratch beacuse I have played this game since it's conception and this latest one is the worst one ever it feels completely rushed and unfinished when you play it and that skin is tacky so just make one that works please !

I have played a game wit Milan and my young players under 20 were having a match against Roma`s players under 20 and only goalscorer was Ludovic Guly and I am asking myself how could this happen(please fix this).

Then I would like although i think that wouldnt be necessary but for those guys who tells that if game would be realistic that no one would be playing it,but i say that they are wrong many people dont play this game because it has many bugs and in many areas it is unrealistic that needs fixing I would like that you put in two modsicon_redface.gifne mod for players who want realism and one for them who doesnt need.

I dont see the point of scouting because i have no players to scout because they are all blank.

Then I cant buy any good players because I have low budget or theyre value is too unrealistic.

I can not understand That if I have good players maybe best i can not beat clubs from lower leagues should beat them with 8-0 like it was in FM 2006 but also I confess that if you have even clubs they should win with 2-1 it depend on the opponents strength.

I would also like that you improve AI with when season is over and when they must choose which players they should put on transfer list they should put players which were undisciplined or who played little or who doesnt posses enough quality.

One problem is pain in the ass and it is that you cant buy players from rival clubs I mean good players in the real world Milan could buy Jaap Stam or Alessandro Nesta.

I would like that you fix that when you buy some player or you are beaten from some ultra big club your fans express their sadness and they didnt even seen that player to be playing to judge about him.

Little things make game great!!!!!!Thank you on your time.

I would like to be able to change the way a country plays and the standard of the kids coming through over a 10 year period. E.g In Australia before the last World Cup the FFA hired Hiddink as Manager. He Changed the way the Socceroos play from a very british way to more of a dutch way now the FFA have hired a dutch technical director and he has brought in that all kids 5-12 i think it is. Can only play 5 a side games and so on. To improve the Technically of the Kids comming through. Now we have sign Veebeck another Dutch manager to continue the Dutch system that is be put in place. It will take 10 years but the kids coming out of Australia may be playing for the big clubs Man u,Barcalona, R.Madrid one day not middle of the road Prem clubs and lower league english clubs. I would LIke somethink like this in Fm

An option for your target man: The ability to tell him to flick the ball on or hold it up (or a mixture), rather than just nominating the target man and telling the rest of the players how to supply him.

As a result, it would be nice to be able to instruct the target man's strike partner what to do, i.e., tell the big guy to flick it on, and the partner to run in behind the defence onto the flick ons, if that makes sense...

A bit more realism with regards to the hiring and firing of managers. In no game I've played his etheir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger remained at their clubs more than 2/3 years after the game starts, usully getting sacked for coming third or forth. We can be pretty sure that won't happen.

Older managers with a world class, or at least high reputation should maybe be a little more selective in their choice of jobs. To be honest, Kevin Keegan put me in mind of this. He probably wouldn't have signed for any club bar Newcastle. Capello probably wouldn't have went to many other jobs apart from England.

This might be in 2008, I havn't played very far in it and always forget to check, but I've always thought players should react to the hiring or firing of managers more.

Too many posts to read in too little time..

I'm sorry if already asked but...

A lot of you will know this from managing LL that teams don't have a lot of money. You don't offer more than a season, two at most, for fear of that player not doing well and not being able to be sold, so you have to release and the fees being ridiculous. Even mutual, players are not happy to be released, when I think that if a player was offered a mutual agreement, they would take it more than not, due to them knowing they are not wanted.

Take my Brentford. Most players now have 2 year deals, and if released would cost a fair bit to the club. I've got two requests.

1: If a team offers mutual agreement, then that would more likely be accepted than not. Its rarely accepted. (I started new game and first thing I done was tried to release player and he refused).

2: I would love the ability to offer an option into a contract. I can offer 1 year contracts with option of extending that to two years. That way, I'm not taking a big financial risk.

better stadium expansion - sometimes you have money for expansion (cca 5 mil in club), board say - we will expand stadium, and after two seasons - they dont expand stadium (capacity) - only build undersoil heating (for low capacity stadium which is not enoug for current club).

I wand not only request stadium expansion, but more control over it (e.q. expand it by 10k seats insted aonly of 5k, build undersoil heating, retracable roof..etc - similiar when board as you recomendation for sister (feeder) club.

And implemented league rules for stadiums - in current game is possible to play games on stadizum with capaciti 3,9k when real-life rules request minimal 6k stadium (and this board dont get in acount).

I think a good feature would be when u get senior players to coach/train/tutor the youth players theres and option for the lentgh of time to tutor the player which can be cancelled at any time if the 2 players do not get along.

Also a player rating for professionalism/conduct instead of dirtyness so a player like joey barton would rate about -150 but a gary lineker would get a 20

Guest stephen22051987

the youth system in england mainly because i only ever pick man united but there is only a 18s team correct me if i'm wrong but we have 9s-18s maybe not as low as 9s but 16s at least would be nice and ways of locating the top young talent like scouting searches before they get signed to clubs our training camps/soccer schools or holding local under age tournaments to find a player, i cant speak for everyone but i certainly get the most enjoyment out of watching a player i signed as a kid thrash professionals and also to have a greater hand in there up bringing like if you pay alot of attention to them and work on them they come on more like cantona tutored giggs and beckham after training and look at them while i'm aware your game features tutoring it has little effect as far as i see and the player tutoring his skills should start to show towards the player he is tutoring he can only teach them what he knows after all perhaps a mentoring stat hidden would be a good feature plus that mentoring stat the higher it is the better manager/coach they'd become? and a slightly more unrealistic thought a fantasy draft? And maybe agents more key like top players have agents and you could ask the agent any players looking for a move or the agent could come to you if you've done business before like pini zavhi (spelling incorrect i'm sure) did with manchester united. Awards to raise the value of players beyond they're current value sharper like 30m turns to 35m and greater attention to youth football in the game players you never see a player come up like zlatan again or a player whos mental attributes are all high they're usually too varied like stats should compliment each other long shots-technique for one should be close in value to one another loads of examples one on ones-reflexes, acceleration-speed-agility, strength-balance, fair enough they're are exceptions but more often then not that seems to be the case that one stat compliments the other in really like especially in the mental side of the game crativity-anticipation for forward players mainly wingers should be quicker than your avarage spawned player love the game even though it sounds like i hate it by the rant just some thoughts i hope you find useful

Sorry if this has been brought up earlier on, but one thing I think that is sooo needed on the match engine, is a mini talk to a sub before he goes on.

Like tell him "sure up the defence" for a DC, or "you can make a difference" to a F or ST?

It could change the game by giving that sub a morale boost before heading on, and make it feel like you are more in control of you sub actions?

I think that would be a fantastic add to the game, and one that it needed soon!

ability to start "youth cups", for current non-draft players - you set lenght of cup, prize for best player, "greatness" (local,regional, natinal, cetral europe, europe-wide..etc) - for simple reason - only to find possible stars which previously are missed in young player signing at start of season.

and another - ability to buy (lover league) clubs and become chairman/manager of buey club.

This will surely bring many new interesing options to manage club. And give you option to spendf yours hard earned 10M .

And one question ? When players recive bonuses for legue position/winned cup, why bonuses dont recive manager too ?

I would love to see a more accuarte simulation of the manager/board relationship.

Currently I'm managing East Fife &hav ebeen for 3 seasons, in the last 2 seasons I've provided back to back titles to secure a Scottish 1st division place.

At the start of the new season the board did not offer any money for transfers despite the club having nearly £1m in the bank, I'm not happy with this so request some funds which the board rejects.

Due to my recent success I've been linked to a number of jobs so I decide to apply elsewhere & what is the boards reaction? They issue a quit or be sacked ultimatum, now surely with my recent promotions the board IRL would try their hardest to keep me be that with an improved contract or the transfer funds I requested.

Why every time that I seem to apply for a job I'm told to consider clearing my desk? Surely the board would rather have the compensation if I did leave should they not be able to keep me.

What would also be nice to see is a 'permisssion to speak to' request or the addition of contractual clauses allowing me to speak to a specific club should they have a vacancy.

Examples: Can talk to a top division club or can speak to favourite club.

On the split screen while playing a match can't we have more than two things viewable at a time. For example when playing I like to view the overview (because my short tem memory is really bad) on the left and on the right I like to view the match stats and when there is action the pitch comes on the left overtaking the overview but below the match stats and overview there is so much screen real estate not taking up by anything. I like to regularly check the table and other latest scores so could we not have an option of having the ability on setting how many things we want to view.

Also why can't we suggest to player if they should take nationality with a particular nation especially if it helps with work permits in the future.

Also why is it so hard to sell players. Unless you want to sell a world class player most of the players you will try and sell will not be attractive to anyone. Just before I sold Louis Saha he was player of the season. I put him on the transfer list and offered him to clubs with a price I thought was reasonable. No club was interested but a few attempts later by reducing the price well below his worth I got an offer. It is even harder to sell player's who have less of a reputation.

Manchester United has one of the most expensive youth systems in the world and for some reason in the game their is difficulty in trying to find regens that are worth playing in the top half of the Championship let alone the Premiership. It seems like in several years the quality of football would dramatically decrease.

The national teams for some reason prefer to play over-aged players than young fresh talent. What is up with players' abilities not decreasing as they age as well. I have Menez who has been the best left midfielder in the Premiership and Champions League for last two seasons yet he still cannot get an appearance with the french over 21 national side?

What if the clubs can create youth camps via the board room screen, like adding a feeder club. Then the board will reply with possible countries and you have to pick one.

Then throughout the season you can get a message:

'(your assistant) has found a prospect in your (country) youth camp. Do you wish to sign him?'

Then you have the options of view scout report, offer trial and offer contract.

Hello,

Sorry if this idea has been posted before.

I'd like to see training feedback improve and I'd be interested to see what ideas other people could come up with for this? My idea is quite basic and it would involve an 'average training rating' in the players profile, on a weekly basis. I think this is a better idea because it allows you to guage everyone's performance in training. The current system of '3 best and 3 worst' doesn't really seem realistic. When a manager asks his assistant "how's player x doing in training?" the assistant does not, I suspect, reply "Well, I'll tell you this: he's not in my '3 best, 3 worst' list for the month."

"Well, how's he done???"

"Look at the list..."

In short, improved training feedback, thoughts?

Sorry if this has been suggested before, I would like to see a page much like BBC Football Gossip column - with news from around the globe like transfer rumour etc, I would like more to keep the speculation about players on shortlists but add in completely unfounded stuff as happens in real life. The transfer speculation is probably one of the most exicting times for most football fans and feel more can me made of it. I wouldnt want this page to be forced upon player but players to just have an option to read it when they want.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but how would the general response be if we could put our manager wages into use. Maybe if the clubs funds aren't enough to buy players you could chip in. As I see there really isn't much use for manager wages right now.. Just a thought and it could be crucial if you've spent several years in big clubs and decide to decide to take care of a lower league team, the money you've made along the years could be put to use.

What do you think?

Originally posted by Champion:

We want the FIFA U20 & U17 world cups. It's important also to be able to manage a youth international side from the start of the game without having to take over the senior team.

Sorry for the typo errors, I need to sleep icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MLM:

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before but how would the general response be if we could put our manager wages into use. Maybe if the clubs funds aren't enough to buy players you could chip in. As I see there really isn't much use for manager wages right now.. Just a thought and it could be crucial if you've spent several years in big clubs and decide to decide to take care of a lower league team, the money you've made along the years could be put to use.

What do you think?

gets suggested alot this and usually shot down pretty quick. Im against it.

I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not however as an add on to the game when you apply for a job you actually have to Interview for it.

Where by the owner/chairman asks you questions about tactic/star players/transfers etc to see if your idea's are a good fit for his team and vice versa.

Originally posted by dmmd98:

I have no idea if it's been mentioned or not however as an add on to the game when you apply for a job you actually have to Interview for it.

Where by the owner/chairman asks you questions about tactic/star players/transfers etc to see if your idea's are a good fit for his team and vice versa.

Good idea a few standard questions, ie tranfers, view for the future etc

I would like you to fix following:That Brazilian,and belgian and players from other countries can play for team that bought them before the league games starts like Alexandro Pato he could play friendly games for Milan although he couldnt play league games.

Then I would like that team strength depends on ability of players and trainer(not all trainers can coach big teams)but not on reputation because reputation is product of skill and good games.

More playable leagues would be better like teams from:Qatar,Saudi Arabia,Iran,Macedonia,Albania,Japan,and more....

Old players should retire in counties like Qatar and Saudi Arabia,also Big names like Ronaldo,Figo should accept offers from MLS league.

Mexican players should more be willing to go to lower leagues because players look for money,

Clubs transfers should be more interesting and realistic like Portugal clubs are buying mostly south American players,Czech teams are buying Slovakian players,but also players from big countries should be also willing to sign for smaller league clubs like French players,Portugal etc...

I would like to finish with this why I cant loan any players that is playing for club and dont have contract like most Turkish clubs i have seen does,and why i cant loan players like Hernan Crespo,and Riquelme,Adriano especially if I pay some money for them if they dont play in their mother club they should go to other clubs who could pay half of their wages.This was in previous versions that manager was buying players and from club and country that he comes form.Teams shouldnt have more than 22 players in the first team because they do that in real world.

Thank you!!!!I hope you wont mind for space that I used thanks again and I hope that this and previous wishes will be in Football manager 2008/2009.

I would like to see.........

Testimonals

More Players Going On Strike-Happens Now And Again

Players Retiring From Playing During The Season-

Lots Of Players Have To Nowadays

Players that are unhappy and want to return to there homeland or want a return to the last league they played-This is very common in todays football.Not like in fm where player is french wants to return home from england and ends up in germany..........

I feel a nice addition would be if you could stamp your own personality and real life football knowledge into the game.

I believe the only way of doing this would be if there was a seperate SI Site that could test you on your football and FM knowledge which also incorporate a psychometric test - once finished you would then recieve a code/password or whatever

Then when you start a new game oyu would enter your code/password and then the game would know your knowlegde and which type of personality you have

your knowledge of the game would then be used at which club/league you begin with

As for personalty types this would trigger different types of press releases, determine the types of players you get on with, players may play better or worse for you depending on how they get on with you. And of course this would also affect who might sign for you.

It could also affect how you get on with certain directors at clubs.

However for those who do not wish to use this feature could use the default option

better wiewing of succeses of yourself/your current team/"wordwide".

I mean for teams - hall of fame - in which you have writen - national league winer 10x (with cup picture), league cup winner - 8x, euro wineer 2x...etc -- and similiar to manager.

I know - something simmiliar is in game, but is hidden and ugly.

and hall of fame have more options - you can wiev here best eleven of all time (with stored complete players profiles, not only names), you can find here if anyone of your players won award for bes fotballer of europe/word ...etc.

and "cup winners screen" - in which you can find which team won national legue/cup for europe/asie/word..etc.

Archived