Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Many good points made here, but what I'd like and it's not only me, is an even greater variety of leagues. In Cyprus where I come from, I always mess the editor and help many many people to do the same, to add our league in. There are also some patches available 2-3 months after the game release.

The database is still there, so I don't think SI will have to much trouble, or any to add the leagues. Also, more African leagues should be available! Egypt, Nigeria, Tunisia, have good leagues for the continent! Also some Arabian leagues should be available too. I cannot understand how Hong Kong is available and Malta, Cyprus, or Egypt who are definetly more developed football countries are not there. And I'm pretty sure that the market in some countries whose leagues are not up have greater merchandise than some countries that are included...

And as I said, since the database is already there, it's no biggy

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Booooooom:

Many good points made here, but what I'd like and it's not only me, is an even greater variety of leagues. In Cyprus where I come from, I always mess the editor and help many many people to do the same, to add our league in. There are also some patches available 2-3 months after the game release.

The database is still there, so I don't think SI will have to much trouble, or any to add the leagues. Also, more African leagues should be available! Egypt, Nigeria, Tunisia, have good leagues for the continent! Also some Arabian leagues should be available too. I cannot understand how Hong Kong is available and Malta, Cyprus, or Egypt who are definetly more developed football countries are not there. And I'm pretty sure that the market in some countries whose leagues are not up have greater merchandise than some countries that are included...

And as I said, since the database is already there, it's no biggy

Its more a case of finding enough reserchers for each club

If that's the case, then the problem is solved! If SI simply needs researchers for each team, I can find them a lot! icon_biggrin.gif

As I said above, in my country FM is very very popular and almost everyone deeply involved or not, with football has it icon_wink.gif

As for the other countries I mentioned and more, I think that if SI says to all of us whose countries are not in that all they need is better research and more researchers then it's gonna work for everyyone icon_cool.gif

I'm sure that many English based people in the forums can't understand our agony and hopes for our leagues to be available in the game. I'm sure once there's greater variety, people will like the game more and learn about other countries icon_wink.gif

another idea

when you play friendly international matches i always forget the amount of time the players managers want their players to play and so i always get blasted by them. so if you could have the ass man tell us or something to remind us

not high up on the list i know but i always what they want

For me I think it's essential that the game becomes more realistic. All the necessary suggestions have been made at some point, but my wishes are:

- when managing a part-time club in the lower leagues, e.g. Conf North, it shouldn't be possible to have loads of coaches, scouts, physios etc. Most clubs are lucky if they have one coach/player coach to assist the manager.

- the same goes for signing good young players who then go on to become so good you can make loads of money. Any (good) youngster who is released by a Premiership or Championship club is going to stay in the professional league if possible rather than join a non-league part-time club. Non-league clubs finding a gem and selling him for a profit are a rarity IRL and this has to be reflectd in the game.

- I also think the regens/newgens has to be addressed. There are too many new players available at the beginning of each season. I believe that all newgens should enter the game as part of some club's academy. Lower leagues should be looking for those cast-offs from other clubs, or their own youth system if they have one, not trawling through a list of so-called available newgens

- forward planning should be a part of the game. If I clinch promotion with a few weeks remaining, I want to know my budget for the next season, so that I can steal a march on other clubs (retained lists etc)

- squad management in the form of tick boxes

- a re-worked scouting system (along the lines of DaveC's suggestion)

- also like the idea of having more say in the running of the reserves without actually having to take control of them.

Many of these are repeats, but hopefully that'll get the point across.

Better scouting, as always. More detailed than "crap", "decent", "good", and "excellent" would

be nice.

Harsher fog of war for attributes. Let's say there's Ye Random Left Winger with a Local rep on the transfer list. I should know *nothing* about this guy's attributes, I'd think.

Fix long-term finances. There's too much money in the game, so players worth £300k end up being sold for £2M.

My personal pet peeve - a statistical history of teams. If I'm playing Elgin City for 10 years, I'd love to look back at my team from 2008/09 and laugh at who I actually fielded as my First XI. A simple dropdown box in the stats view with for years (i.e. Current, 08/09, 07/08, etc.) would suffice. The "history" could be sorted by selection, where your "starting" player is determined by who had the most apps at that position. This would be really neat for those of us who play long careers.

Faster processing, especially during transfer windows.

Reputations not updating fast enough. Two years ago I come in 2nd in the SPL. Last year I win the Scottish Cup, runners up to Champions Cup, and finish 5th in SPL. Currently I'm 1st in the SPL halfway through the season, and I *still* have players wanting to leave for silverware. And these players think some 1st Div side like Dun Ath or Hibernian is a bigger or better club.

Option to export data to XML. Examples could be a player, maybe their history, the squad's stats for the year, finances, etc. Would let FM folks share their stuff with websites.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things I love:

2D match engine

New training module

Originally posted by Kallinan:

Longer training history. I'd like to see progression of attributes for as long as a player stays at your club. That way you can see how your 17yo youth striker matured into a 22yo starter.

I'd very much like this too. One year just isn't long enough.

Guest Vinay
Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

I'd like Sigames to ban all ****wits who fail to search before creating threads.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/3672033571

If you know there is already a thread on this topic then dont see it icon15.gif

I am sick of people acting as saints in this forum when they dont even have the right to do it. icon_rolleyes.gif

Guys...leave it to the moderators. Its their job, not yours.

I think the main ones for me are:

*To perfect the match engine, so there are no bugs, or as few as possible.

*To improve scouting because it is still in the old days icon13.gif

*To make it so you can see set piece training on the match engine, think about how much time Sam Allardyce would spend on that! icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ackter:

then why don't you play TCM?

Bingo.

It's "Football Manager 2007".

You want to add seats to your stadium, buy a house & car and invest money?

Buy "Football Director, Property Investor, Learner Driver & Financial Advisor Manager 2007".

The Media Questions are fine as they are - don't want Press Conferences for Berwick Rangers thanks.

Sponsorships would involve lots of costly licences on top of all the nonsense that has to be paid for already, you'd need hundreds of "sponsors" at different rep levels (Local, National, International), regen sponsors as well, it'd be a nightmare. Keep it non-specific.

Money league would would be nice to see though...

Guest dcarter

I believe its been suggested before, but I think that FM 2007 should have a post game conference feature where the manager has to answer questions from the press on how they throught the match went.

Originally posted by Bodis:

Bring it in as a feature for key games.

Exactly, cup matches, derbies, title/relegation/promotion deciders etc.

That's where the media focus should be aimed. It will allow significant games to feel significant.

Originally posted by retardedgenius:

I'd like to see Ackter's tactic screen XML mod by default, because it's incredibly useful to be able to sort players by corner, free kick and captaincy abilities.

Damn good idea that icon_wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by tartanhyena:

How about the ability to become a reserve manager? FM already allows you to delegate your reserves to your own ass. man (generally useless at everything, however this has been mentioned countless times.) If you're a prominent manager in a lower league, then its quite plausible that a bigger club could hire you to look after the reserves.

Since all you're doing is picking a team, albeit not the top team, I don't think would be difficult to implement. Some nice features might be to be able to recommend players to the club's manager either to sign or to promote from your reserve team.

This would create some interesting decisions on career options. Is it better for a manager's career and profile to be assistant manager at say, Liverpool than manager of Hartlepool for example? I'm thinking of the situation at Leicester a few years back where they signed Micky Adams as assistant to the experienced Dave Bassett as I write this.

Although I think SI enabled Under 21 management at International level, I don't think being hired to look after a reserve (or U18 for that matter) side has been implemented yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, it might force SI to look at the role of the assistant in general, which,as has been previously noted, is of little benefit to the FM player as it stands.

I really like this idea, I'd like it to extend to being an assistant manager even at the lower leagues.

4.When Club Wins Trophy ( Possibly big pic of trophy fireworks going off behind, and your teams name on the trophy.

I remember in FM 2005 or CM03/04 (cant remember which), the Champions League and UEFA Cup title bar would be in the colours of the previous season's winners.

Was a nice touch. Would hope SI bring it back.

Originally posted by Henrik4:

I would like you to post new ideas about FM2007.

I think that our ideas can help SI and SEGA to make FM even better.

Being able to talk to my players on various issues,not having to run to the press,same with team.

It feels like sitting in a vacuum,not being able to tell a player why he doesn't play,

or why he was sold,or why he won't get a new deal....I really hope this will happen soon.

I don't need to talk to players in Kuala Lumpur via the press,I need to talk to my squad directly.

I'd like to see SI change the Player Achievements screen.

As it stands, all the player's achievements are dumped into one screen and sorted by the latest date it happened. This makes the screen looked all cluttered up in long term games.

Maybe have "tabs" like Competition Won, End Of Season Individual Awards, Weekly Awards, Personal Milestones (goals, caps cleansheets etc)?

Also, while we now can see when a player makes his international debut, I'd like to be able to see when he makes his professional debut, his first goals, etc.

I would like to see a marketability rating.

This could be based on not only skill but also popularity, image and media interest etc. This could determine a players status within the squad. As if they werent playing regularly the teams profits may fall leading to the board leaning on the manager to include them. The players value may also fall and morale be affected, especially if they werent really a major force in the team and had been bought purely for their marketing potential as with a certain English midfielder/free kick taker currently plying his trade aboard. Or maybe a truly great player maybe from Brazil would not make as much money as, despite his talents, he is facially challenged (take your pick from at least two!) icon_biggrin.gif

-realistic transfers

-less stupid AI or player sackings

-more media coverage on matches i.e parma are going all, if they win this match they win the league

-maybe some player interview on his team and his future plans etc.

-individual match players I cant tell the difference between ronaldinho and Michael Carrick , make them show their stuff on the pitch.

Just a quickie:

More media coverage of injuries to players, not just media items about your players but about other players aswell. For example after a player has been out injured for a long while, a media item saying that he has completed 90 mintues of a reserve game e.t.c

That is all icon_smile.gif

Please please please can we have the possibility of moving stadiums for little clubs, it would make such a huge difference to the longevity of games with smaller clubs and would give you something to aim for in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mohammed
Originally posted by Rkirkwood:

I would really like to see more asian leagues like Qatar,Saudi Arabi etc

yes we want that and Bahrain league too icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

• SI Staff

If you must post brief lists of things you would like to see in future versions of the game, then please keep them to this thread here.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Shah Gangster:

1. Scouts (realistic)

2. Manager (T.C.M Style buy your own house, car, own club etc.. If don't want this and ask why? where the money go to when we manage club?)

3. Ranks ( Roman Abramovich isn't chairman he's owner, so I think - Owner, Chairman, etc...

4. Finances ( T.C.M style borrow money, investment in bank, etc...

5. Stadium (Adding 3D stadium in game will bring new levels. T.C.M style add seats, etc...

6. Youth (T.C.M style, youth camps everywhere in the world like feeder club.

7. Leagues (More leagues outside europe, more english leagues like Kent League.)

8. Media (T.C.M style, after the match the media talk to you at Press Conference.

9. Money League (Like Real Madrid are now richest team in the world, then Man Utd etc...

10. Sponsorship (There should be sponsors for clubs and players like Beckham, he's got Adidas and etc...

1.Too Vague On This Point

2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

3. Yeah I Agree

4. To Be Honest i dont think that finances and bank loans are a part of a managers job this should be kept as it is and left to the board.

5.Far Too Difficult and no point unless you're going to watch every game on "full match"

6.Feeder clubs are in the new game i gather.

7.Been discussed many times.

8.Also being revamped

9.Theres no point what would it achieve.

10. Again sponsors are for the chairman to deal with. Plus sponsors would mean s.i having to pay for featuring real names.

My ONE AND ONLY point is a more realistic transfer market please stop me from having to spend 8 million on dave nugent and 60 million on torres get real si!!

Originally posted by arnold_kidd:

Scenarios so people don't post challenge threads anymore

Erm, scenarios will just lead to more challenge threads as people start threads on the scenarios, and on new scenarios they come up with inspired by the feature.

You really should think things through first...

icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Dave C:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arnold_kidd:

Scenarios so people don't post challenge threads anymore

Erm, scenarios will just lead to more challenge threads as people start threads on the scenarios, and on new scenarios they come up with inspired by the feature.

You really should think things through first...

icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well maybe not, cos I dont recall seeing a challenge thread in civ and c&c forums. but yeah if people are keen they can think of an infinite number of challenges anyway icon_biggrin.gif

separate forum for challenges is probably a better solution icon14.gif

- less grey players as it disbalance the game each time the years go on and favorate the active contries.

- make 2d match more intresting by sensible 2d feeling or 3d ISO as CM5, thus startign first steps towards 3d.

- formation based on X,y position and not AM, CM ..etc. so i can use rooney who play as striker but behind them, not as AM but as a proper striker but in more back line. as right now it is so restricted.

- database be editable, many countries don't have a league, and it is impossible to creat one if u want.

Originally posted by shwan:

less grey players as it disbalance the game each time the years go on and favorate the active contries.

A few of us have been actively campaigning for this, and gaining small amounts of ground, each year.

make 2d match more intresting by sensible 2d feeling or 3d ISO as CM5, thus startign first steps towards 3d.

Not a lot of point commenting on this, the 3D discussion has been done to death, everyone knows what the position is.

formation based on X,y position and not AM, CM ..etc. so i can use rooney who play as striker but behind them, not as AM but as a proper striker but in more back line. as right now it is so restricted.

Free-positioning systems don't work in management games, they are as a result entirely cosmetic and completely pointless.

Using the current system of basic positions combined with player instructions is much better.

It needs some clarity and some refinement, but that's all.

database be editable, many countries don't have a league, and it is impossible to creat one if u want.

I believe the structure of the database for competitions renders this impossible as things stand.

Posted these in a really old thread about something else just thought I would post them again.

Zonal marking and selecting how big or small the zones are they are marking in.

revamp of the training which I believe is happening such as the coaches traits "likes to play offside trap" or whatever gets trainined into the players.

Also some sort of knowledge of formation for players so you can train them in them in preparation for games. If that makes some sort of sense.

Also added expeierence factor to player stats, which may only reflect or be noticable in big games. So even though someones stats might not be as good as some young talent his experience may count for something in different situations.

I know the agent video thing is already in the game and seems to happen rarely but I would like to see when players, such as drogba or vincente players get put in the reserve squads in my games for some weird reason. There agent coming to other clubs trying to get some interest in them for a transfer, not just sitting in the reserve squad and loving it.

cheers m8,

though we disagree alot but our objectif is to have mor eexcitement while playing.

one point, is about formation, when u go to thoer game like FIFAM, PES management, CM, and before Player manager of ANCO, u will see all of them were using x,y positon, which qualify automatically each player to nearest AM or ST. but in the match u can see that there is same distance between strikers as u specified in formation. so it is common in all management games.

but i understand ur point, in FM i have to instruct Ronney to be in back of strikers, this mean i have to put him either as ST or as AM, and in tactic i have 3 options to adjust that,

1- to put his mentlaity at less attacking than main ST, which dosn't work for me, as i want him to still have 100% attacking mind, but to break in the back while the DEF busy with main ST.

2- not making him go forward everytime, but i want him so.

3- Add AM and point to the box to show him the run, but in my experince, each time i put a player as AM, no matter what i do, he still go back even defending and play more as CM more than AM.

so i really don't know if u can help me to solve this case for my game. i think the x,y positioning is great, and prove, everyone is doing it. and it will still qulaify ur player to nearest AM or ST or CM accoriding to his x,y postion.

about database, i like to play my country of origin game, but with the actual editor, u can't do and creat a league for them. what i think will be good, is to great a 2 divison league without a country and can be fitted and set by the editor to set this leaguie to one of the country without a league.

cheers

2.I Kind Of Agree with "shah Gangsta" on this point i mean why haggle for higher wages when you've nothing to spend them on you could jus as easily say keep the money. Maybe Invest youre own money to make up the difference between transfer fee and budget.

Is that what managers do in real life???? I think not.

One is the ability to build a new stadium if you reach a pre-determined level of funding. For example, as Liverpool I'm in my 4th season, and have $400 million + in the bank, yet am unable to construct a new stadium. This happend as one of the patches removed "New Anfield" as a move in option due to the real life money problems Liverpool were having getting the money to build it.

So whilst things in reality were fine, it seems crazy that I can have oddles of money, yet an condemned to play at an ageing stadium.

-Ability to call Press Conferences

-World Cup squad profiles

-Players being distraught on missing major tournaments, also squad get together with 30 players or so for a week -

-ability to ban players speaking to media

-verbal agreement with club to sign player....bit like first option but offer to loan someone to them etc.

-ask 4th official for explanations during game

-have independent agents work on behalf of club and agree deal with you confiorming deal and paying agent substantial fee for concludoing deal.

-bring complaints about referees (please)

-world player of the year votes by national managers and national team captain should be implemented again with results and voting patterns shown.

-money making trips to Japan, Malysia etc+ amsterdam tournament should be as prestigious as in real life where best teams get invited.

-testimonials, players who become eligible become highlighted etc, then with list of their preferred opponents

Just an idea...not really a suggestion.

Maybe (very occasional) chairman interaction with the players, it happened this season at Birmingham, with the owner saying he 'hated footballers.' This could either make the players perform better, or in certain cases want to leave the club.

I'd also like to see occasional board takeovers with extra money, hiring a new manager etc.

the point of manager wages......

it must be the ability to buy your own club. 8 years of earning 40,000 a week at a massive club is around 15million in the bank. easily enough to buy a medium size club with a bit of potential.

i know this strays into the territory of "football chairman" type games but crap like burger prices wouldnt be included. just basic things like wage structure, stadium size etc.

any thoughts?

ps - yeah the Welsh language should be, at the very least, acknowledged - john hartson speaks Welsh yet according to the game english is his only language. a small point perhaps in the eyes of monoglots but quite a big deal to Welsh people.

i like the idea of the player position x,y sometimes basic positions, farraows/darraows etc dont always get the player to where i want him to be. something like the pro evo tatic screen, i know its a 100% different game but would be nice to have something like that.

I dontknow if this has been mentioned here yet but I would really like to see tranfers reflect the reputation of your club. For example in my previous Home United game, I brought the reputation of the club to continental. Even so, I get most of the good players from Asia and especially from Singapore saying that they do not want to play for my team. Ok its true that players loyal to their clubs are less likely to move but even those players transfer listed are saying they do not want to come. This has happened with almost every good player I have tried to sign.

1. in european matches the players have numbers 1, 2, 3, ..., 18 instead of the ones i gave them in the squad numbers list.

2. when you want to give a nickname to players that obviously have one already (i.e. brazilians), you don't actually edit it, but add a new one altogether

3. you should be able to complain about referees and

4. postpone matches

. sorry if i repeated some other suggestions. cheers!

i think club chairmans should be more envoled like they can sell the club meanin club gets richer or poorer.

managers can say wat stand should be improved (eg new seats) put megastore outside the club and trainin grounds

and in FM 06 dont like that you cant buy any of the germany team or japan team(wat up with that?)

Archived