Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please listen SI, I think this is a realistic and easily implemented feature which could make the game much better. Perhaps we could have permanent scouts in a particular country, e.g. You hire Scoutinho to be permenantly based in Brazil, and he slowly builds up a network of contacts and lets you know of all the best young players emerging there. This happens a lot in pro footy and would stop the irritation of constantly sending scouts out every six months

There is something I've been wanting to see for a while now. I used to add my friends in as rival managers and have preseason competitions as well as keep all sorts of records on how we've done against each other. as fine as entering everything in excel, sometimes inaccurately, is, it would have been so much better if there was an option to view past results between managers, just like we've been able to for teams for years now. Oh please SI, can you do this? It should be only a small simple thing.

There is something I wrote in another topic. (Didn't see this one)

Well I have few suggestion that I think will improve the game. I know that FM2008 jusr got out but still I have to write this before I forget.

The first one is that for a manager who want to quit is job will have the option to talk with the chairman and have a conversation with him.

And with that the chairman could change somethings that the manager want if the chairman want him to stay.

The same thing will be if a chairman wants to fire the manager, and sometimes the chairman will decide to take him to a conversation.

The second suggestion I have is that the manager will have a press conference in the starting of the season, and he can arange one to announce something.

There he will be asked some questions by the media about the start of a new season or his announcement.

And another thing is to have a brightening conversation with a player for things he did or something you want to tell him.

I think this three suggestions will make the game more realistic and will improve it a little.

And another thing, maybe make a version for the Nintendo Wii or the DS? Im sure I will buy it. icon_smile.gif

Thanks, Lotem. icon_smile.gif

as a national team manager i should be able to have player interactions and manager interactions. Also i would like to be able to respond to the comments of managers made about players who i have a good relationship with. ie i leave a team as a favourite and my successor trashes some of my former players. i want to be able to call him rubish and stand up for my players. also sort out the mls designated player system so i can trade dp slots. maybe a board of who the dps are for the league? the dps are the new focus of the mls game and this should be reflected in the game. and a youth academy system for american teams.

Originally posted by uclazy31:

as a national team manager i should be able to have player interactions and manager interactions. Also i would like to be able to respond to the comments of managers made about players who i have a good relationship with. ie i leave a team as a favourite and my successor trashes some of my former players. i want to be able to call him rubish and stand up for my players. also sort out the mls designated player system so i can trade dp slots. maybe a board of who the dps are for the league? the dps are the new focus of the mls game and this should be reflected in the game. and a youth academy system for american teams.

SI Please Listen!!!

Can you not make the match engine look just a bit better. Its been about 3-4 years now and the look really has not changed.

I'm not sayin 3d, keep the arial wiew but just make it look like we're looking down on players and not a circle.

IT CAN BE DONE AND YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!

also please, a few more tactics;

1) instruct player to pass to specific player

2) instruct player to play give and goes

3) more instruction for passing moves maybe

ETC ETC

More interaction with palyers, staff, media.

You still can't even praise a player privietly

Its still that same old tell the media you're please, THE MEDIA??!!!, sure, good option but i want to talk to just the player now and again.

lets be honest you have'nt really added anymore interaction since fm 07

I realise how much effort you guys give this game, and how much you are limited, but the above could be done.

Why have'nt you taken note. ITS ABOUT THE MATCH.

MATCHDAY, MATCHDAY, MATCHDAY!!!!!

I'll keep posting this until its done .

Originally posted by Absent FM:

I'm not sure whether this has been mentioned or is embedded in the game but:

A Simple Retro Version.

An option which allows you to play the game like Championship Manager 2 or 97/98.

I liked it when you could fly through a season in two days or so. There's to much going on in the new one and it's just not as vindictive as it used to be (imo).

It takes far too long to play one match then another, too much time between matches. I mean surely you could release the game as it is and have the option to play a no-frills variant.

Seriously??!!

this is what some people want from FM. How is that fun?, How?, what enjoyment do you get out of that.

this is the problem, people posting crap ideas!

SI, don't waste your time with these type of ideas and listen to mine!!!

Originally posted by Absent FM:

A Simple Retro Version.

An option which allows you to play the game like Championship Manager 2 or 97/98.

I liked it when you could fly through a season in two days or so. There's to much going on in the new one and it's just not as vindictive as it used to be (imo).

It takes far too long to play one match then another, too much time between matches. I mean surely you could release the game as it is and have the option to play a no-frills variant.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just buy those verions of the game? icon_rolleyes.gif

Compare players.

The list of your own players in the dropdown menu should be divided into:

- first team

- reserve team

- u18 team

And the position of the player should be listed as well (now it is only the name).

And the list should be sorted by position, just as the default squad view.

We should have a filter for the calendar, to filter witch teams you want in the list

- [x] first team

- [ ] reserve team

- [ ] u18 team

- [ ] national team

- [ ] other important dates, etc. (CL final, etc)

As it is now I dont ****ing care about a U18 game. I want only a view of my first team - I am the first team manager!

quote:

Originally posted by Ter:

Like has been pointed out in your various other topics (that ended up closed) you need to go into more detail.

a basic tactic in football is to instruct players to pass to other players

eg; a fall back with good passing ability to hit diagnal lomg balls to a winger to get in behing the opponents fall back!

this, for example cannot be done on fm it cannot be done i've tried I UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE THE TACTICS AND THE SLIDERS ETC, ITS VERY SIMPLE but this above cannot be done!

its all very well having the "use target man option" but it is'nt enough ang that instructs the whole team anyway.

just an option to say

"feed at every oppotunitie

I am interested in seeing more interaction with the players without announcing it to the media. telling a player to the whole country how he is not performing well would make his moral worse than if you were able to have a quiet word in his ear saying you believe he can do better and you have my full backing you can get out of this rut (or words to this effect)

secondly it would be quite good (in my opinion) if you could opt to start at reserve team level or even asst manager for a season or so you can accuire managerial techniques you may not already know.... Just a thought what does anyone else think?

Player cloning.

Let's ge real people the technology is already here, and paying 250 M£ for a striker whos not really intersted in Playing for you is too much.

When it would be cheaper to clone a better player instead. This way you dont have to bother about paying him wages since he would be your own property and have the characteristcics you want.

I would love to see an element of discussion worked into team-talks. I think there's scope to have an immediate response from a player -- if I tell him I'm angry at him, and he turns round and says 'but you're playing me out of position, gaff', that's going to shut me up bigstyle.

The more volatile players could tell managers to shove it, and the more professional ones could say 'yes boss'. This would bring out personalities and I think make for a much more combative, involved experience.

Media interaction needs an upgrade. I would like to see the manager talk to the board, or the players w/out having to go through the media all the time. Surely its not that hard to code into the game.

Match day interaction, I get 5 diferent options and 4 of them are the the same, come on a little more originality then that surely.

Originally posted by yankee_ram:

Media interaction needs an upgrade. I would like to see the manager talk to the board, or the players w/out having to go through the media all the time. Surely its not that hard to code into the game.

Match day interaction, I get 5 diferent options and 4 of them are the the same, come on a little more originality then that surely.

I was just about to come on here and say the same thing!

I think the pre-match media questions need a bit more variety. It doesn't seem to matter whether I'm playing Real Madrid or Doncaster, all I ge is the same five options: unbeatable/we should win/ we might win/ we ain't gonna win, I just want my lads to play well.

I would like to see more options, for example:

"Three years ago we were struggling in the Championship, so it's just great to be playing Madrid"

"It's just an experience for the guys"

"The league is more important"

"We're focusing on the cup competitions this year, so I really want my boys to win this one!"

.. and so on.

The last one has just made me think of a different idea - season aims for you to announce to the squad. In FM08, you can tell the board what you're planning to do in order to squeeze more money out of them, but it would be great to be able to tell the players before the season starts that you're focusing on the league, or really want to win a cup this season (for pride, or if you're a lower league side, a cup run would be a financial bonus), and so on.

Very small thing, and is purely cosmetic. It came to me last year when I was reading thread after thread where people were comparing their teams/careers and wondering who had done better.

I'd like there to be a running counter for the amount of money you have 'made' in the game. Would be a good way to encourage people to have a more realistic career. ie. if you were really offered £70,000 a week to manage a huge club, you'd take it and forget Ipswich or whatever team you were at.

Maybe tie it to both the History->Achievements screen. Have 'signed new five year £x contract' on date in the other section.

Have the overall money you've made in the personal section somewhere.

Evening. icon_wink.gif

I'd like to see more attention to detail regarding training.

For instance, I'd like to set one of my players to concentrate more on a specific attribute.

Perhaps it could be something like 'Concentrate On" then have a drop down box with each attribute, or each attribute relating to that players position, and the player sets his priorities.

I think it would be a great little addition. icon14.gif

PS: My main reason for this is because there's nothing more annoying that having a brilliant striker with a low 'Finishing' attribute who gets countless chances but rarely puts them away.

Some brlliant ideas on here,

youth camp is interesting, maybe a more integrated scouting system for tournaments where you can watch just one players touches/influences

Adding leagues would be amazing, maybe it could be part of a multi threading background option, I dont know, I am no programmer.

Quick season updates changing small features for example if a player improves drastically in his performances in real life. Don't know how accessible this sort of update is.

Set piece designer would be good.

Most of Phil1987's ideas! Taken from some.

Criticise board, team, head scout, recommend feeder clubs (could be your old club)

Tabbed browsing

Probably a few more, but I want the same speed from the game and lower loading times....

hmmm...good luck!

I know you can do it!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

One thing that has slighlty annoyed me about FM is at the contract negotiation stage.

The board offers you a transfer budget regardless of how your budget stands now.

For example, If i have £5mill in the transfer kitty and the board offer my a contract with a £7mill budget that will use my £5mill.

However if i delay the offer for a week and spend that £5mill they will still come back with an offer of £7mill.

Its annoying and means i often delay the contract siiging for as long as possible to squeeze the last out of my transfer budget!

Anyone know if thiss will be fixed for FM08

Originally posted by LorneC:

Evening. icon_wink.gif

I'd like to see more attention to detail regarding training.

For instance, I'd like to set one of my players to concentrate more on a specific attribute.

Perhaps it could be something like 'Concentrate On" then have a drop down box with each attribute, or each attribute relating to that players position, and the player sets his priorities.

I think it would be a great little addition. icon14.gif

PS: My main reason for this is because there's nothing more annoying that having a brilliant striker with a low 'Finishing' attribute who gets countless chances but rarely puts them away.

I completely agree, and dare i say it, Championship manager i feel has an excellant training set up, just do something like that.

I dont know if it could ever be implemaented or not but I'd like to be able to add leagues to a saved game. For example just say I start a game with just English and Welsh leagues then win everything a few times rather than starting a new game I'd like to be able to add the German league to my saved game.

It feels like i've played the same Management game for the last 2 years in terms of 2006,2007 and 2008 with just little enhancements.

I want a complete revamp of the training set up where you can set up drills like CM. like maybe counter attacking, 5 a side etc, you know have a real feel like your actually doing something worthwhile on the training pitch to suit your tactics.

Far more media interaction, with press conferences regarding new signings, where you expect the club to go, maybe spats with former players who have left disgruntled. Maybe criticism from fans about your style of play or leaving there favourite players out, or played out of position etc.

More interaction from the chairman, depending on how powerful they are they could suggest how they want the team to play etc. Personal discussions regarding the teams signings, maybe he thinks you wasted his money and won;t give you anymore until you can get a player to perform etc.

The ability to design your set peices, i loved this aspect in the old CM days.

A revamp of the whole youth set up, whats the point in having an academy in the game at the moment? Let your staff recruit unknown 15yrds and you assign them there natural positions during there stay. I hate having a defender with all 5's and 20 for shooting! The better youth staff you have, the better they are at recruiting a gem without you having to do it and pay a transfer fee?

Far more pressure on big games, greater build up, tell the players at the beginning of the week to impress you in training to play in the big game with stats temporarely going up and down according to ther big match temperaments etc.

Far more interaction with rival managers, i want to know who can get the best out of there players going into a big match. Comment on there past achievements etc, maybe he cant do it without money, maybe he has no history, maybe he cant sell his teams stadium out.

Greater tactical depth, i want to tell my full back to overlap but when he does my centre mid has to stay back and provide cover, or that i dont want both midfielders going forward at the same time, tell them to give away a needless freekick if im being countered etc.

I'd like a feature whereby a settled team gets more rewards. For instance a lower league side that plays its first team week in week out has a greater chance of causing an upset if Man Utd have changed 8 players for the game no matter who the players are. You could have players developing partnerships with eachother or the back 4 playing as a unit getting better understanding the more they play, and when you get an injury to one of them its not just a case of putting a new player in and playing the same, it has an impact until your new unit develops its partnership. Could be the same with midfield and upfront etc. A good case in point was Reading, no outstanding players but play well as a unit and trouble the big sides without needing an ingenious tactic. This would add an awful lot.

Improve the AI when it comes to buying players. They dont need to buy Owen if they have 6 class stikers, why are they interested? Why pay £25mil for players who dont improve there team?

If you have loads of money in the bank why not have the fans demand season ticket prices reduced etc.

And finally, more interaction when signing a player. Forget the figures, i want to sell my club to the player so that he picks me over my rival. I want to outlay my plan for the future, the way i want to play football, his role in it and how highly i rate him etc rather than "Hot Prospect". I want to tell him i think he is the ideal partner for a Rooney etc, and that Scholes can bring the best out of his game and that the fans will love his flair.

Well theres my ramblings.

I would like to be able to hotkey certain tactical changes.

For example say i was Man Utd away to Arsenal. Arsenal are on home soil so i'm gonna start with a defensive 4-5-1 formation and just counter attack to see how it goes.

I'm also thinking this mightn't work so what i could do is how my standard 4-4-2 tactic hotkeyed to number 1 for example.

This would be a quicker way of switching between tactics

Some minor and easy to does:

- Club information, past managers (club manager history). Nice to know who has been managing the team before you. From the start of the game.

- Manager of the year awards: possible to set the team as national team (U/21, U/19) etc.

- Player of the year awards: possible to set the B-team as team, currently it will display no teams.

- Keyboard shortcuts for those small arrows in the top of the skin to go to next/prev player etc.

Originally posted by RJH10:

I would like to be able to hotkey certain tactical changes.

For example say i was Man Utd away to Arsenal. Arsenal are on home soil so i'm gonna start with a defensive 4-5-1 formation and just counter attack to see how it goes.

I'm also thinking this mightn't work so what i could do is how my standard 4-4-2 tactic hotkeyed to number 1 for example.

This would be a quicker way of switching between tactics

This is one of the best ideas I've read on this thread. Great, great idea.

Originally posted by somebloke:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Absent FM:

A Simple Retro Version.

Seriously??!!

this is what some people want from FM. How is that fun?, How?, what enjoyment do you get out of that.

this is the problem, people posting crap ideas!

SI, don't waste your time with these type of ideas and listen to mine!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Easy there ninja, you're not the only person buying it. The problem is bigotted people like you crapping on peoples idea's, get over yourself...

You're asking how this is fun? Well it is, it sold the game to many people in an easy format. Football Manager wasn't always this detailed yet it still sold.

My idea takes nothing away from the game, it'd be a preference you can add or take from the game as an option.

I know far too many people who have stopped buying FM due it having too many frills now. Some people like to fly through the game with the simple settings, simplicity can be great fun...

See a lot of people who buy FM don't come on the net or this forum and don't buy games for the PC.

The thing with Football Manager is it attracts people who aren't gamers but will buy FM. So the simplicity of the earlier games was attractive in that anyone could play it.

How 'bout re-implementing the "match" option in the player search?

In previous versions, when you've selected some attributes in the "Player Search" you could choose how many of the skills should match the results you would get..

Eg. if you've chosen both tackling, heading, marking and finishing, you could choose to get only players where 3 of the attributes matched..

Anyone remember this?

I really miss this feature.. icon_smile.gif

I think that since the game main focus is on text, it should support a higher degree of audio involvement:

1. Fans recorded songs during games

2. Fans booing when the result is bad/loved player comes off/yellow or red cards etc.

3. Football media analysis and news(could use the technology used by websites that reads text in real time) This feature could help the player know in advance emerging positions or other potentially important developments

4. Phone calls from the management instead of text

I'm sure there could be many other ideas implemented by using smart audio that would make the game more fun.

As an FM2006 player, I may have missed a few new features so disregard if already exist:

Young players attitude should be more pronounced - I just read about a Real-Madrid player who had a big party. Maybe there should be levels of attitude, going down to having severe problems with drugs/alchohol etc. The game could allow us to hire a psychologist/shrink to help player/s. This feature could help with strikers having a long dry season.

For very young players (no older than 18) a feature could allow us to bring the family to live with the player, especially if they live in another country. Ofcourse the expenses should show that but the player's mental ability should be much better.

Last and probably most important feature - support multiple cores cpu. This feature will allow efficient parallel processing so we could play and follow several leagues.

Originally posted by Kasper_the_Skipper:

How 'bout re-implementing the "match" option in the player search?

In previous versions, when you've selected some attributes in the "Player Search" you could choose how many of the skills should match the results you would get..

Eg. if you've chosen both tackling, heading, marking and finishing, you could choose to get only players where 3 of the attributes matched..

Anyone remember this?

I really miss this feature.. icon_smile.gif

I really miss it too.Some of my best ever players were discovered that way.Please bring this back guys.It may not be very 'realistic' but it's great fun playing around with all the numbers.I miss the fun of the old versions.I'm getting old and sentimental icon_wink.gif

1) More African leagues.

2) A "never get fired" option, for those of us who just want to manage players without all the "I've got to please the board or they'll fire me and the 5 years I spent rebuilding this team will be wasted" drama.

3) The ability to create fictional leagues wherein I choose the cities and use fictional players.

4) The ability to add African leagues myself if SI won't include more of them, which they probably never will.

Originally posted by munich 1860:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Absent FM:

A Simple Retro Version.

Wouldn't it be easier for you to just buy those verions of the game? icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the guy is simply saying is speed up the loading of the engine even with a quad this game will chug slowly

Please let us make our own "Set to" base instructions

We have the generic positions available which is great. I would love to make and save my own base "set to" instructions. I would make a "set to" base for each player according their abilities.

Advantages would be:

- simply plugging a sub into a game without tweaking the sliders each time.

- trying new formations with much more ease.

- once I have instructions set perfectly for a players abilities I don't have to spend time remembering how many ticks to this or that side of a slider and can focus more time on the big picture. Less tedium = more joy.

Would it really be that tough for SI to implement?

Originally posted by bobirinis66:

i (as everybody) buy fm every year and i ll continue to do this.But i suggest for the next year the fm 08 saved games to be used in 09,because when you play 3 or 4 seasons,then its hard to begin again the new season.Not everyone have the time to play 2-3 hours a day to play 20 seasons.

Not going to happen because of the differences in the games.

Guest the_muffinman

Proper finance system, please. I have been fiddling with the editor and it currently really lacks options and has strange variables that can be modified. Currently the bank balance needs to be at least as high as the seasons transferbudget. IRL clubs and companies have most of their money alreasy invested. Cash at hand is mainly there for safety measures, as a buffer. IRL the transfer budget does not have a direct relation to the bank balance. Perhaps club revenue which roughly equals budget should be added. Certain percentages of this budget are mostly reserved for transfers. Same for stadium rental and wage budget.

When arranging friendlies either for pre-season or reserves I would like there to be a section for 'teams previously played' and a section for 'local teams' and if not local teams then for each team they should include the region the team is within the country so we could play local teams from lower leagues or whatever.

ie if i was Man United but dont live there I wouldnt know the local teams within the Manchester area to play friendlies against, this would mean less expenses.

I want a little change:

I would like to see the last 5 years of every nation at the nation coefficients in the same way as the club coefficients.

The first option clause, so you dont have to buy a player straight away, but know you can get him evually for the same price.

'B' international teams, for obvious reasons.

player exchanges which include loan deals

When theres a controversial moment in match, we should be able to say 'it didnt affect the match so im not to worried'

offer different amounts of money over different amounts of time eg. 500k over 24 months, 250k over 12 months, and 250k over 6 months, like Portsmouth did to take Lauren from Arsenal

I like the 'make available for reserves' option that has been introduced but is it possible for this to work in reverse as it is frustrating. There are players that I keep in my first team squad that don't play unless it is league cup or due to injury. I would like these players to always be available for the reserves unless I say so.

I am sure someone is gonna say put them in the reserves but these are the sort of players that would be angry if I did.

I would like to see alot of new features in the next FM game, there has not been enough new features added to FM 2008.

I would like there to be board meetings every week and for there to be alot more interaction with the board over several matters to make it more realistic.

Agents should definitely be involved in the game as they are a big part of football.

There should also be some kind of sponsorship in the game where you can choose your own sponsorship etc and choose sponsors for advertising boards etc.

Something that would be very good is if after each season you could design next seasons kit or get given designs of new kits and new kit sponsors like you do in real life to make it more realistic.

Also i think there should be options to change season ticket prices and ticket prices and offer kids cheap tickets and offer discounts etc to improve attendances, this would be good especially for lower league clubs.

I think someone mentioned this before -

Creating tactics for set pieces. For example getting a pitch with a corner taker and getting players and moving them about. Maybe right clicking on them will have them make runs, and you could choose which area to aim at, meaning you could make some players have decoy runs and some running from the edge of the area etc ... You would be able to right click on the run and say "decoy run" or "challenge for ball" or something. You could then also right click the player and say "aim for ..." or something. *

This could also be done with free kicks and defending set pieces. Would make the tactical side deeper and quite a fun addition. Also would add to the realism and would be good seeing your own set pieces in action.

* You would be able to custom make the runs so they could have to be a certain length and you could curve them and everything.

Constructive criticisms?

Archived