Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Originally posted by Imperius:

Adding to the coach report vs scout report theme: not only should coaches provide a report of scout style depth, it would be nice if they indicated how far the reserve was from attaining first team standard, if at all.

looking at the announcement and screenshots it appears the coach reports are now very similar to the scout ones.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sam00000000000001:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Retire Squad Numbers, im not going to use number 14 after Henry retires

Just dont use it then </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

on my game, squad numbers that arent given to a player are automaticly given to a reserve player, or new signing, i dont get to number my new signings after i have submitted my number list. They just take the first number avalible!That is why enato Augusto took number 5, not the number 7 i had saved for him!

Originally posted by Nene_Park_Faithfull:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

That should read leaves. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not on the game! Top scorer 2 years running, over 48 first season, 42(?) 2nd!

Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jase19:

re

tar

ded

can you imagine if real madrid, liverpool, manyoo, brazil retired a number every time a world class player wore it? just absolutely silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teams actually do this in real life. I personally don't see any benefit of having this option in the game but it definitely can happen in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Henrys the only player i would do it for. Also, i wouldnt do it if it was number 1-11, but as 14 is a higher number, it wouldnt really matter.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jase19:

re

tar

ded

can you imagine if real madrid, liverpool, manyoo, brazil retired a number every time a world class player wore it? just absolutely silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teams actually do this in real life. I personally don't see any benefit of having this option in the game but it definitely can happen in real life. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and Henrys the only player i would do it for. Also, i wouldnt do it if it was number 1-11, but as 14 is a higher number, it wouldnt really matter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as it's easy to implement then I don't see any reason why this can't be in the game in some form. As I've said it's rare but it definitely does happen in real life. For example AC Milan have retired Baresi's number 6 shirt and they plan to do the same with Maldini's shirt when he retires.

I'll do a little "Key Points" at the end so those that aren't interesting in reading the whole thing don't have to.

All of this sounds good on paper, but I am not a programmer and do not know the feasibility of implementing it

CA/PA. The argument that everyone has the potential is completely wrong. Not everyone can combine the power and precision necessary to kick a corner, free kick, or penalty. Not everyone has the timing, reflexes, and judgment to make a diving save.

However, Football Manager only deals with athletes, but the reason one person is in League One and not the Premiership is because he isn't fast enough, or his reflexes aren't good enough, or he is otherwise incapable of adapting and keeping up with the Premiership. Some players peak at a semi-pro level. What SI should do is sticky an attribute guide that details average Current Ability and Potential abilities for the various leagues. I'm not going to get into specifics, because my knowledge of the European hierarchy of football is minimal, I know that the Premiership, Serie A, and La Liga are the best of the best, with different styles of play, but I don't know where to rank France, Germany, and the rest. And I don't want to offend anyone because I am an ignorant American.

Furthering the idea of starting regens with the offensive, defensive, all-around, goalie, or no preference. Managers have until a player turns seventeen to determine a position, but the earlier that is chosen, the sooner a player will gain potential, which I explain later. Instead of generating random set of static potentials, each player is generated with an active potential ability between seventy-five (75) and a hundred twenty-five (125) and a current ability that is between fifty (50) and a hundred (100). Potential could grow by being generated or transfered into a club with better staff and facilities, being trained into the best suited position (there could be multiple), being tutored by the best player at that position, and getting U19 or first team playing time. PA would lose points by major injuries (concussions, ligament tears, ruptured tendons, et cetera), poor positional training (taking the player's adaptability and versatility into account), poor tutoring spells, personality conflicts within the squad, or getting buried in the squad depth chart. My idea is that by the time the play becomes a professional by age, his potential will then become unchangeable. Current ability can rise during this time, but not very quickly and the visible attributes that may increase during this time would be key attributes for the designated position. Ideally physical ability wouldn't be tied to either potential or current ability, but mirrors the amount of time that a player spends doing condition training.

I have though of some ways that managers can be assisted in which position to train their undefined players. The players themselves, in the "Personal" section of their profile, might hint to positions they feel best suited or "played" in recreational leagues before joining the academy. Also coaches and the assistant manager could report at the end of July the position that each player would be best suited for. This could reflect the coaches preferred style of play and what he is best at (coaching attack, defense, or goalie).

For Example: John Doe has come into my youth squad with the first batch of regens and has a PA of 125. He is a 5'11" 15 year old with good pace, great jumping abilities, above average heading ability, and no preference as to what role he plays. After the friendlies, one of my coaches that prefers an attacking style of play and excels at coach shooting recommends he be a striker. One of my coaches who prefers a shut down style of play and is better at teaching defense recommends that he would be best suited as a central defender, while another coach thinks he would be good as a defensive midfielder. Taking into account each of the coach's abilities to judge ability and such, I decide to train him as a central defender. I set him up to be tutored by John Terry. During the season, I give Doe some FA Cup and Carling Cup playing time, about fifteen to twenty minutes in games that I have already won.

Now lets say that central defender was a good choice, he gains fifteen points toward his potential. He gains a lot from Terry, a few preferred moves and his mental attributes (determination, teamwork, work rate, positioning, all the ones related to central defender) rise a little bit, and twenty points is added to his potential ability. So now his potential is at 160. Lets say he plays fifteen first team games, twenty minutes each game, five games go well (add ten points, two for each game) and five games games go decent (add six, one for each game), and five games go terribly, his error leads to a goal or he fouls out (subtract five, one for each game). Playing time has gotten him eleven points towards potential ability, so he is now at 171, the potential to be a good Premiership defender. He turns seventeen and his potential is now and forever 171. After he turns seventeen his current ability (and visible attributes) will rise or fall greatly depending on his coaches, available training facilities, further tutoring, his loan spells, and international play. By the time he is twenty or twenty-one, you'll have a better idea of whether or not he will reach his full potential based on his performances on loan, with the reserves, or with youth international teams.

How Would It Affect Other Aspects of the Game

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> It would encourage users to not overload with superstars at each position, in order to rest starters in favor of reserve and youth players for Carling and FA Cup games, as well as league games toward the end of the season if a team does not need to fight for the league championship, a spot in European Competition, or battling against relegation.

<LI>It would also give greater weight in choosing assistant managers and coaches.

<LI>When sending players on loan the level of league play, the team's facilities, and the amount of playing time would need to be taken into consideration

<LI>I think that the U-17 level of international competition would need to be added to allow for players to begin an international career for developmental purposes.

<LI>The system could allow for more late blooming players, like getting a player with a current ability of fifty and a potential ability of hundred twenty-five.

<LI>It should make the majority of players peak in their mid-to-late twenties, where as I see a lot more players peaking in their early twenties and staying at that level until they are in their mid-thirties.

Clarifications

<UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>A player would be able to train to any position, but if he prefers offense and is trained to goalie, his road to getting the maximum amount of potential will be tougher. Not impossible, but tougher and rarer. So you would be possible to train players that prefer defense to be a striker or attacking midfielder, but they might not reach their full potential as quickly.

<LI>To minimize the affect of birth dates shortening the amount that potential is active, "active potential" would convert to "static potential" the first time that new players are generated AFTER a player's seventeenth birthday

Key Points

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Players start out with preferred role

<LI>Managers decide which position to train youth to

<LI>Players have an "active potential" until the first time players a generated AFTER turning 17

<LI>"Active Potential" becomes "Static Potential"

<LI>Current ability and key attributes increase slowly between the time a player is generated and potential becomes static

<LI>Potential can increase or decrease depending on coaching quality, available training facilities, playing time (loan spells, youth squad, first time, international), injuries, adaptation to trained position, and tutoring

<LI>Current ability begins to increase or decrease more rapidly after a player's "active potential" becomes "static potential" based on coaches, available training facilities, playing time (loan spells, youth squad, first time, international), injuries, adaptation to trained position, and tutoring

<LI>Players peak in their mid-twenties, with late bloomers in the later-twenties.

Originally posted by sheriffpatgarrett:

(Harper, great post!)

I would like the option to offer a player to a certain club. Not to all of the clubs, but only one or two or so.

I seem to remember this was in an earlier edition & was definately much better than the present system which doesn't appear to work unless a club is already intereste in the player.

I would like to see a change to the start up options to allow me to select all leagues & countries with a single click, having to scroll & click each individual one is just annoying.

Id like to see the following...

Full editable leagues and cups, its my dream to one day make a european super league that teams get promoted to, say Man U are the english team in it at the end of the season they would have to beat the new prem champions over two legs, maybe adding a UK cup, or deleting the current International scene, and having a huge world wide league system. I can dream...

My only other wish list thing has already been mentioned. Reserve and U19 management, you know you start out your career as St Albans U19s Head Coach, get promoted to Assistant and manage the reserves, Man Utd spot your talent and offer you there u19 job. More on the job side, how about getting aproached by a consortium who want to buy Wolves and make you manager, they also tell that they make available 40m, and expect Premiership in 2 years, and european football in 6years.

I would like to be able to fast forward/rewind saved pkms so I can analyse a match in the same way a real life manager might do using a dvd.

If at all possible make it possible to watch the full match within the game after it has been played rather than having to exit to the main menu.

I know you can look at the match report to pick out events but often these will be the beginning of free kicks/corners and you miss what happens in the lead up to the moment i.e. the important stuff.

If there is one feature that SI has continually negelected since the dawn of Champ Man, it is tactical documentation. By that I mean an explanation of the tactical options at your disposal.

I find it takes away a whole lot of fun and sense of achievement in the game when you start fiddling with Mentality sliders et al, and evetnually stumble accross a winning formation, with no real knowledge of why your team has suddenly 'clicked'. At the moment, we're all playing a guessing game with tactics. No one really knows what each slider does, and any success is based on very primitive trial and error methods. What we need is either (or prefrably both):

a) a proper explanation of the sliders, particularly mentality

b) a tactical overhaul

Do managers go to each and player and say "I want you to be 35% more attacking than normal", or "I want you to be 10% more defensive." It is impossible to refine such details to such a broad range of numbers. Perhaps Ray Houghton could come in here and actually provide a proper tactical insight into what managers instruct players to do. Having not worked in professional football, I can only theorise how tactics work in real life. I would imagine, however, that they are based around your first XI and the opposition XI.

Great strides have been made by implementing the 'Opposition instructions' feature. Now all SI need to do is had some

inter-team instructions. By this I mean the option for a player to feed a certain team mate, for a full back to support/overlap this own winger, for a central midfielder to cover for a centre back should he wish to drive forward with the ball. These things, in my opinion, seem key to tactics. Too often you see on the match engine an indecisive full back not knowing if he should storm past his winger, or simply wait in support. What ends up happening is they both end up doing the same thing, leaving your extremely vulnerable to a counter attack, or woefully short up front.

These instances could be down to a failue on my part in interpreting 'player instructions'. But that in itself is a failure of SI in not providing a detailed explantion of what each slider does. I realise that implementing any sort of major tactical improvements is too late for Fm 2008, but it should be the priority for FM 2009. What is not too late for FM 2008 is the detailed description of what each player, team and opposition instruction does as well as a proper description of the arrows. Some examples of each wouldn't go amiss either

The most confusing instruction, and the one I have the bggest gripe with is Mentality. Users on here have theorised that the mentality affects player positioning, a player's passing, a player's shooting, a player's crossing etc. etc. Basically it seems to effect everything. Not to mention the confusion surrounding Team V Individual Mentality. The whole things seems like a mess and a complete over complication of tactics. Of course, these theories could well be wrong, but at the moment there is no way of knowing one way or the other.

So please SI, clarify tactical instructions when FM 2008 comes round for release, instead of re-hashing the same documentation that has been shipped with every CM and FM.

There have been a few suggestions to make the game/simulation less repetitive. So what about local, national or world events that affect football?

For example, a natural disaster, and fund raising matches held, or 1 min silence before the matches start. Football players having off-field scandals that the manager has to respond to. A local fan is missing, or has an accident, and the team has a testimonial match for them. A player leaving for another country for a ridiculous amount of money, while his wife has a reality tv show made about their new life, and search for a new home... (something tells me this has happened already) Or bad blood off-field between ex-players and the manager. Lots of stuff that 'could' happen.

Originally posted by gio:

If there is one feature that SI has continually negelected since the dawn of Champ Man

If they have neglected anything it is some of the great ideas in this thread. I have read some fantastic ideas in here and yet most of them are never implemented by SI. Makes me wonder if there is any point in even posting ideas.

Originally posted by Droobie:

There have been a few suggestions to make the game/simulation less repetitive. So what about local, national or world events that affect football?

For example, a natural disaster, and fund raising matches held, or 1 min silence before the matches start. Football players having off-field scandals that the manager has to respond to. A local fan is missing, or has an accident, and the team has a testimonial match for them. A player leaving for another country for a ridiculous amount of money, while his wife has a reality tv show made about their new life, and search for a new home... (something tells me this has happened already) Or bad blood off-field between ex-players and the manager. Lots of stuff that 'could' happen.

Non of this will happen for legal reasons.

RETIREMENT/OLDER PLAYERS

I know my name might be a slight giveaway, but I have a great fondness for the elder statesmen of the game. However, the game doesn't share this.

Time after time, if you sign anyone 35 or over, they will decide to retire either later that season or the season after. I even signed a 29 year old Kluivert ( FM 2006) who promptly decided to throw in the towel!!!- despite being told he was indespensible, leading my line as often as possible and playing for the Netherlands national team. It's just ludicrous and indescibably torturous for the gameplayer.

The game vastly underestimates the ability of a club or manager to persuade a player to continue. My own namesake, hardly a lower league minnow, is a perfect example. On numerous versions of the game, he has retired, applications to 'reconsider' all falling on deaf ears.

Yet in reality, it seemed as if he was going to retire for the past 4 years or so, yet has always signed a new 1 year contract, and finally hung up his boots aged 41 this summer.

This kind of problem with players decidng to retire, and the infuriating 'Ask to reconsider retirement' option having, by all accounts I've read, and from my own depressing experience, having as much chance of working as the Pope renouncing his Catholocism.

Why is this though? I think the option should have a very real chance of succeeding, and then again, a decent chance of succeeding in following seasons. The game should be able to determine the kind of players who are of this nature- players who have already switched to lesser teams to maintain a playing role, who are elderly already but have openly stated they want to continue playing as long as humanly possible.

I cannot stop Enrico Chiesa retiring in the game, yet he has stated publicly many times in reality that he will go 'on and on and on' to coin a famous phrase. Why are the games researchers apparently unaware of this? He is not the only one.....

This is a phenomenially frustrating element that has had me seething on numerous occasions.

What is the point of having a feature that virtually never seems to work?

There seems to be little way of averting a dreaded declaration of retirement in the first place either. There should be a special 'Reassure of worth' option to let elderly players know they are still wanted as I'm afraid playing people as much as physically possible doesn't seem to convey that (oddly)!

I support all requests to be able to get a player who has retired from International football to reconsider, though this could be supported by a justification option, ie,

i) For a couple of games only to help cover injuries

ii)To resume a first XI role ona permanent basis.

Likewise, impending tournaments should also impact on this. In addition, if a player is quite old and hence not playing too much for their club, this should increase the chances of them being willing to return to the national set-up because they are not being worn out by their club engagements.

RELATED:

Retiring shirt numbers: This could be done quite simply by returning to the old format of assigning squad numbers of dragging and dropping each number onto the desired player, hence leaving out any numbers the player didn't want to assign for whatever reason.

ALSO:

Why is not possible to offer players a contract where they are paid less? Prima facie, this sounds sensible, but for clubs in financial trouble it is widely attempted. if the club is in such trouble, each player should know that, and hence a reason could be given at the contract negotion point that the new contract with lower wages is to try and ave the club which is in dire straits financially. Not all players will accept such offers. They are mercanries, and are free to be sold as desired. Others may love the club, be fans themselve, or grateful for what the club has done for them, and be willing to take a pay cut.

Please consider this.

Many thanks

I should like to see a random contract feature, an option like fog of war & real player names, whereby the duration of contracts is different randomly for each start up. Obviously the likes of Gerrard & Rooney would always have contract extensions built in, even as Barca manager you wouldnt want to pick them up as "contract expired" on day 1-too un realistic, but at lower league levels (where the feature would be most effective) you would have more random choice for 1st year Bosmans & start up free agents. I believe at higher levels this would also have a positive effect.

To emphasise, this would be an option as real contracts should be the core of the start up game under ususal prefs.

Guest KOPMAD87

This is basic i kno, offering players 3 month contracts or month to month contracts, alot of smaller and lower league clubs often sign players on short term contracts, and yet it aint in the game.

Originally posted by Michael Foster:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Droobie:

Non of this will happen for legal reasons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... because players might sue for defamation if something randomly ficticious happens to them in a simulated game world? I could understand that I guess.

What about if it happens to regens? Or nameless local/national people? Perhaps it could be post-edited into the game by the consumer? Would be nice if we can more easily make up and edit our own media stories, press news and comments, or match commentary and team talks.

Not sure if something like this has been posted before or not.....

If you are an international manager, it can be a bit tedious just waiting for games to run, till the next internationals. A feature where you can send your assistant/s and/or coaches out to watch players would be good, eg: Send out Ray Clemence to watch Tottenham vs Man Utd, paying particular attention to Robinson and Foster, he then supplies you with a report on both players; form, morale, position played, runs, tackles, shots, passes, any injuries etc. Or you could send out another coach to watch Arsenal vs Everton and request that Johnson, Hoyte, Walcott, and Baines are watched and reported on, this way you will be able to see form players, without having to go and find each player and look at their last matches etc. You will get more detailed profiling on the players as a result and the coaches may even be able to advise on other players they spotted during the match, that you hadnt considered for selection.

That way you are free to watch maybe one or 2 games to judge other players on.

This could then tie into the media speculation that player x is being watched for a potential call up to the next squad etc because scout x was seen in the stands, with press denials and the like.

The majority of what I am suggesting is all in the game, so would just need tweaking to pull it into a report, but it is much easier than clicking into each seperate match and looking for an individuals players stats!

On player search, scout report lists etc you can filter out unrealistic targets or your own players, personally I could do with an option to filter out already shortlisted players, so that I could look at the players I hadn't already looked at or bid on.

Im lazy im the first to admit it so if you think im trawling through 27 pages to see if my idea's come up before forget it.

So...may only be me, may not be.

Ive had a player for 10 years, (ive had many players for long times im using one as an example) he is going to retire in the summer.

Its the last home game of the season and i always play him as a send off too him in front of the home fans, or the cup final i make room for him on the bench to give him a last hurrah.

Now, my idea would be along the lines of a media thing saying its his final game at the club blah blah blah, how many games he has played goals scored etc etc.

Will you be playing him? Will he be on the bench?

Are you not a sentimental person? etc etc

Maybe a slightly larger crowd to take this into account especially if he has been at the club donkeys years and if a club fave.

Then after the game another media thingmy maybe along the lines of answering, he has been a great player for the club! or something.

Idea came to me in a drunken state so maybe its a crap idea.

I like it anyway.

One I've just thought of is the ability to apologise to players you might have been a bit harsh on. Another that's in keeping with the modern game is news stories of your players being caught in "3-in-a-bed romps" with models, as this seems to happen a lot in real life and could affect a player's morale.

2 requests for future FM releases:

1. Regarding injuries, when a player gets injured in a match, could we please know **during the match** what the injury is?

This will help managers decide how urgent it is to take the player off the pitch in order to preserve the player's health (more precisely, to prevent a short-term injury from developing into something more serious with more rehabilitation time required, because managers continued to play the injured player during the match).

Also, it will help managers to determine how much impact the injury will have on the team's performance (e.g., I am assuming that an AMC playmaker will have hit performance hurt more by an ankle injury or a strained thigh muscle than if he was simply elbowed in the nose).

2. Calendars/Fixture Schedules: Could the Ast. Manager (or some other game mechanism) let managers know during the offseason if first team players will have significant international team duties during the year? For example, managers for Chelsea and Barça this year should be informed that Drogba and Eto'o will be on int'l duty for 6 weeks to compete in the African Nations Cup. That way, the managers could look for an extra striker during the offseason.

I'll post here my wishlist written in the FM 2008 general thread (some minor add-ons and corrections).

First of all I want to congratulate the team for turning impossible into reality when it comes to footy sims.

I've spent a trillion hours enjoying your games for the past few years, and I'm almost as grateful to you as I am to my parents for bringing me to this joyful experience we call "life" =)

I love the fact that you keep taking the game further and further despite already having made a near perfection product with 2007. I appreciate every single improvement announced for 2008 and I find myself unable to point out one or some major items.

As a 19 y/o portuguese GK (I know I know, lots of unnecessary info) I'd now like to sugest some minor improvements that came across my mind after reading Miles Jacobson's most recent interviews.

Board Interaction - Ability to pick any club you want as an affiliate, leaving up to them to decide. (Tired of getting amateur clubs or teams from leagues I haven't picked, which doesn't allow my players to get match time)

- Demandind a salary matching the squad's best paid player ( I win every single title with Porto but the chairman, who loves me and thinks I'm God Almighty, only offers me 50.000 p/m, the average salary for a rotation player at the time, no matter how many years, contract after contract, I beg for more.)

Fans' judgement - How they regard the Captain's choice (in terms of : leadership, love for the club, previous accomplishments)

Tactics - A graphic indicator that reflects the level of implementation of each tactic you use.

- More accurate set piece taker's indication (nearby defensive area;left,right and center defensive midfield;left,right and center attacking midfield;right, left nearby attacking area).

Training - Ability to ask (with the possibility of refusal) a player to improve a specific item, either technical or physical, without harming his group training ( i, for instance, can't perform a decent Goal Kick, which, if I played in a pro club, would lead me to a specific practice when the group session ended, if I was ambitious/focused enough and respected/trusted my coach)

-Possibility of proposing or demanding a player improvement in a specific mentality spec, which would then be accepted or not, depending on the player's personality and relationship with the manager.

-Separation between morning and afternoon training (so you can set specific training for strikers, gkeepers, etc.. and group training, all in the same day). The way it is now I'm forced to have different schedules for every position (To get the most out of them) which is unrealistic, since they have no training time as a team.

Transfers - Possibility of loans for two and three seasons in a row. (Rochemback in Sporting C.P.)

Locker Room - Optional relationship with the captain (asking him for his insight about the season ahead or the season that's just ended; next/last game; transfers in/out)

- Define squad goals for each competition (eg.: Semi-final in the Champions League)

- Ability to state internally your insight about each player's season when it ends (Descending : Explendid; Over my expectations; As expected; Not that bad but can do more; Bad fortune (injury); Below expected; Start looking for a new club)

Youth - Sorting scout parameters (all those available in the search section) for each position (GK,CB,SB,Box2Box,CM,AM,W,ST) of youngster intakes, leaving space for youth manager's possible out of parameters player suggestions (making sure the last word belonged to the 1st team manager).

- Ability to hire a Manager only for the job (without being regarded as one more assistant or coach, since the board draws a limit).

Match Action - Ability to choose between warming up up to three subs, or take one to the field cold if you're in a hurry, with all the risks associated.

National Team - Ability to pick steady squad numbers.

- Ability to set training schedules and to set new position practice if you need to (It's always better to practice atleast once the new position before the game. eg.: Scolari was the first to try Paulo Ferreira as a LB)

Media - TV matches. For instance in the game Porto only has two or three games for month on Tv when the truth is that there is no official Porto game that isn't on TV. It might seem a silly request, but in the end it's good money. There should be some accuracy there, cause Clubs with large fan bases and lots of trophies earn a lot of tv money, in Portugal it contributes more than the tickets.

Finances - Sponsors with names (if you don't have the licenses, make them up, we'll edit it) and reputation, so you can see how your club is looked at by the capitalists, you'll then realise if your team is known only by who's inside the game or by the general public.

-Sportswear contracts with actual brands (again, if there's no licenses make them up). That would reflect how big your club is. (look into the portuguese 1st league sportswear brands and you'll see what I mean).

Graphics - Easy/fast/freakin' direct way to attribute background pics (and every other graphic tweak) to Competitions,Nations,Clubs,Stadiums,Players,Staff. I'm not into it but I'm positive it must take a week for someone professional to make a drag&drop system instead of the list of codes and pathways and unique id's!....

- Physically realistic nets. Superficial as hell, but one of the things I find more attractive in goals is the bouncing of the net.

-efficient indicator of player's front and back on field.

Sound - National Anthems. If you don't have the licenses let us mod it, but give us the chance.

-Fans Chants. Give us atleast the chance to input chants for clubs and club star players.

-Competition's anthem - Let us have the Champions league anthem if we're geek enough to insert it.

Most of these aren't crucial, all I could think of. I still had some points to make but it's very late and i'm breathless...it's very hard too find blank spots in your nearly flawless game.

Sorry for repeating "ability" multiple boring times. Love y'all

PS.: I heard a few years ago you were kinda merging with Konami for a Combo game. Will it ever be possible to blend the best sports sims ever developed?

All of these are good ideas, I especially like the one where YOU, the manager is seen on the bench.

I think the commentary should be improved. It's far too limited, and quite weird. For example if someone simply passes the ball out of play, I see a "He kicks the ball into Row Z!"

And the ability to pick kits. Not like totally change it, but like for the away strip, maybe have stripes for a change etc.

Originally posted by Ruthless Scot:

For example if someone simply passes the ball out of play, I see a "He kicks the ball into Row Z!"

Ha Ha i often see the ball trickle out about as far as the advertising hoardings although apparently he's ballooned it into row z. Not that the ground we were playing in had a row z icon_biggrin.gif

I would like to see the ability to "lock" players in the starting 11 of the reserve squad. I do not want to coach the RS but I would like to have the ability to place players in the starting team so they can either learn a new position or become match fit. As it is now, I will set the RS lineup only to find that some of the players I picked were taken off the squad by the AI before the match.......

Originally posted by riothegreat:

2 requests for future FM releases:

1. Regarding injuries, when a player gets injured in a match, could we please know **during the match** what the injury is?

This will help managers decide how urgent it is to take the player off the pitch in order to preserve the player's health (more precisely, to prevent a short-term injury from developing into something more serious with more rehabilitation time required, because managers continued to play the injured player during the match).

Also, it will help managers to determine how much impact the injury will have on the team's performance (e.g., I am assuming that an AMC playmaker will have hit performance hurt more by an ankle injury or a strained thigh muscle than if he was simply elbowed in the nose).

Totally agree with this......it is very frustrating not knowing what the injury is in game.

Also, I'd like the ability to remove an injured player from the pitch and continue with 10 men, if I've utilised all 3 subs.

It's frustrating being forced to play an injured player, especially a star player and risking further damage if I'm ahead 3-0 and can afford to play with 10 men.

i think the reserve squad idea is a solid one. i would like to tell my assman to let this player play or something like that.

for example if i sign somebody on a trial, i would like to tell my assman to play him ahead of anybody else then maybe give me a match review on the player and what he thinks.

same for players coming back from injury etc.

injuries during the match seems to be a good idea also. after all, irl even the commentators find out after awhile what the injury is.

Two Ideas

Home Grown Eligibility

There should be a screen or someway of indicating a player's "homegrown" status at all times through out the season. I am selling off a lot of my younger players that could play first-team, but won't play for me. I'm sure I'll be fine when registering players for Champions League.

Maybe in the Club Information screen, there could be a blurb stating how many Club Grown and Nation Grown players there are at the club

Transfers

When offering players to clubs, be able to offer a value range.

Say I am trying to selling Van Persie. Instead of indicating that I want $30M, I can opt to say I won't somewhere in the range of $25M - 35M.

I'm positive it's been said before, but being an Assistant Manager would be good. Managing the Reserve side, recommending/sacking young players. Perhaps you could be instructed to scout by your manager. If he told you to scout Wales, you'd have to watch a minimum of 5 games to fulfil this. Scouting would get a boost, and perhaps you could get sacked for being lazy.

And of course, the ability to watch your players in training.

Originally posted by Beany311:

I'm positive it's been said before, but being an Assistant Manager would be good. Managing the Reserve side, recommending/sacking young players. Perhaps you could be instructed to scout by your manager. If he told you to scout Wales, you'd have to watch a minimum of 5 games to fulfil this. Scouting would get a boost, and perhaps you could get sacked for being lazy.

And of course, the ability to watch your players in training.

Your right it has been mentioned before & I will give the same answer as before.

It's Football Manager not Assistant Manager. I'm afriad this still has to be the most idiotic request on this thread, please people stop asking to be able to have active staff roles.

Actually I think the lightning bolts to indicate a heavy tackle idea might have been the most idiotic one yet.

I would like to be able to send disruptive players to train with the youth team or tell him he'll be playing in the reserves until his attitude improves.

Reason I mention it is I currently have a striker who has been fined 4 times for failing to attend training & it's only November.

Ungrateful git.

Some suggested tweaks for the match engine, which I'm sure many others have spotted:

1 - Too many corners resulting from overhit/poorly placed backpasses.

2 - Too many throw-ins/goal-kicks/corners resulting from poor control close to the touch line.

3 - Too many instances of forwardmost player booting ball aimlessly forward instead of trying to hold up ball or dribble past defenders.

4 - Not enough yellow cards - in my latest game I've got through an entire season without a single player amounting 5 bookings.

5 - Not enough yellow cards for dissent - not seen any all season either for me or the opposition. I wish real football was like this, but in reality footballers can't keep their gobs shut. Even one player who's only PPM is "argues with officials" has been extremely well behaved.

6 - Fisticuffs - incidents of this are about right, with the offender being disciplined, but IRL they usually spark a bit of a brawl with up to several players receiving cards and I've not seen this in the game.

7 - Reduced frequency of goals from free-kicks - I'd say slightly too high. My GK has been taking mine (FK 17) and he's got about 7 goals this season.

8 - Strikers getting clean through on goal, but taking the ball wide when not under pressure from GK or Defender - shouldn't be happening.

9 - Defenders making great last ditch tackles according to the commentary then getting criticised for poor clearance, because ball falls to opponent (match rating severely hampered if goal scored).

10 - Generally, match ratings still too close together for players and still too highly influenced by the scoreline - you score a goal and suddenly 6's become 7's regardless as to whether or not those players were involved in the goal or the move that led to it. I've seen a few matches where a mundane performance is turned around by an inspired second half performance by one or two attackers/midfielders, resulting in a fortuitous win and yet even the defenders get at least '7' in spite of playing poorly. The opposite also happens - sometimes a defender can have a 'blinder', but is let down by his colleagues - your team loses heavily, but he won all his tackles and headers, but only gets a '6'. On this last point I could probably put up some screenshots, somewhere, if anyone is really interested.

Again, with FM2008 imminent, I'm expecting to be able to strike some of these off my list.

Could somebody from SI create a thread/forum specifically for this type of thing as I'm sure some great ideas are out there but probably get missed because the are scattered all over the forum icon_cool.gif

Oh and I would like to see streakers on the pitch icon_biggrin.gif

Archived