Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

just a few things that could easily be done that will make the game flawless.

2d match engine

im awre how limited u guys are with this and how complicated it must be but surely u could just make it a little more easier on the eye.

like just seein the top view of the players head and shoulders with a shadow will make it so much bettter. then u could see when a player is actually heading the ball etc.

tactics

i know there are individual palyer instructions but u still can't instruct a player to pass to a specific other player

example; clichy to feed rosicky at every opportunitie

eboue to hit diagnal long balls to hleb to exploit the space left by the oppositions left back.

more set piece options would be nice.

instruct one player to play give and goes with another.

if u can tell a player to run with the ball like u can in fm surely all the above could be achieved.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MATCH!!!!!

player contracts

just a few more options please so there is more chance of u persuading a top player to join your club.

player interaction

aain just a few more options to tell them what u think other than just tell the press u r happy or not

AND if u do say something and upset the player the ability to speak with them agin to put it right!!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see the match highlights in 3D graphics like fifa or pro evo, would be good to actually see the amazing over-head kick, rather than a circle that moves into a smaller one, does anyone else want to see this or do you think that it will reduce the time spent on managerial options ect...?

i thin it would be cool if say when you reach 65 years old you can be offered a place on the board or become director of football. maybe you hire the team manager and coaches. you could then recommend signings to your manager and/or insist he sign a particular player. perhaps have more input into the clubs finances,transfer budget etc. i know it mightnt be practical but it would be another area of the game i would like to experience. you could still have chairman and fan confidence screens whilst also receiving feedback from the manager your intefering with

Having suffered from Chairman either selling my star player (even when finances are secure & 7.02 patch) or even worse buying a player I don't really need which then upsets my sqaud because they feel their place is under threat I would love the option to tell him to stop involving himself in team affairs. Could start with a private moan leading to a press statement saying "Trust me or sack me".

Ok sorry if theres any repeats but reading nearly 27 pages of threads aint good for your eyes.

I would ike to see some more board room interactions(e.g - maybe monthly meetings where you can discuss what players your interested in signing who are on your shortlist, but if a player has a high rep and has no chance of signing for you the board get disappointed and feelyour making a joke out the the club)

probably a dumb idea but something along that line would be magic.

player/manager interactions. would be good i would like to see more talk with international managers saying that you believe that player x is worthy of a call up to the national side as he has been putting in quality performances for your club. or maybe even slate the national managers decsion to call up a player who is past it (i.e beckham for example)

and the obvious ones less bugs in game and a bit more realism as well.

I'd like to see a new PPM

"Demands the ball"

Would be good for inspirational players like Gerrard and would be a good way of getting key players to stand out more.

(Note this may already be in the game, but all my players are pony)

Originally posted by Callum_dons:

I would like to see the match highlights in 3D graphics like fifa or pro evo, would be good to actually see the amazing over-head kick, rather than a circle that moves into a smaller one, does anyone else want to see this or do you think that it will reduce the time spent on managerial options ect...?

you can't expect that, it will never work!

When trying to sign someone and bigger clubs than yourself are interested you need to be able to tell the player how important he will be to the club, instrumental in the season, and also point out the goals and ambitions of the club and how he can help the club achieve its ambitions.

Someone may have said this already, but i'm not reading 25 pages, anyway, it's my idea now, copyrighted n all.

You should be able to give a player/ coach contract to older players. If you find out they suck in coaching you can always give them another contract. It was possible in a previous version. In this way there will be more coaches you can choose from and you can make sure this old player gets a second chance in coaching after his place is taken be a younger one. Sometimes you have a player who has been with you for a while, but is not really good enough and it sucks to just let him go and see him being a free agent for a whole season before retiring. It would be nice to have the possibility to keep him with the club. of course not with players that would absolutely not be interested in a function after their career. But they would simply refuse that offer.

If they're good coaches you could offer them a 100% coach contract.

You should be able to just scout free players including youth all around the world in one single click. Specially when your just starting you don't have that much cash and it would be nice to not only find them but also scout them at the same moment and see if you could use some of them. I know that's less realistic but hen it would be I don't know a videoscouting or whatever. Less accurate but still giving enough tips to do something with it in a short amount of time.

Unemployed managers should be willing to do some scouting work. Ofcourse with the manager-clause that when they get an offer are free to go. Now they have good stats but no one makes any use of it.

Clubs should be much more willing to accept exchange players. Even when I am offering 3 preety good players (since their contract is ending and they don't want to renew) from PSV for one single talent in the under 19 of Sparta or Heracles or whatever plus money (even the exact value of the players, it doesn't matter how much) they still refuse the deal. And it's not because they don't need the players since 2 of the 3 were better players than the ones they had. I understand they'd do that if the players aren't useful but I can't do it in any way. Bad or good players are not accepted by the other team. Sometimes they accept the offer without the players but not with them (not as an counter offer).

You should be able to make more money by touring your team in (pre)season through Asia or America (or is that already possible, if so how?). Or by giving things to or doing things for your sponsors. Such things would specially be nice in the smaller clubs were 2k can make a hugh difference. Just something that could harm your players (for example less fit, distracted or whatever) but would be good for your finances.

I would like to have more possibilities for making it more of a team; meaning they like each other and go out together. For example by having the possibility to offer everyone dinner together after a match, they'd become friends and that would mean they work harder for each other. Of course there should also be risks like fighting in public or something like that. You could then have less or more risk (and that would influence the amount of positive things you get out of that). And ofcourse if you have huge companionships, a player would disagree when his friend is not playing and would be in the media when you sell a friend, even when this friend is not topnotch. I know it would mean trouble but you'd get that back in harder working players or better training or something like that.

I want expensive trainingcamps you could go on to do better in an important match. But of course expensive enough to make sure they would only be used in exceptional matters, for example before the cup final.

I think players you give to feederclubs aren't improving. Am I right? If so that should absolutely be changed. By playing they should also become better players (not only match fit), not only by training. I don't know maybe I am wrong but I haven't seen my players improving even if they are playing the whole time (at feederclub).

It might be a good idea to offer players to your feedclub (for free or a at most 75% of the value) with or a fixed buy-back fee or a percentage on sale. And then these clubs should be more wanting to this (of course only with players that would be of some importance to their club) than other clubs. Because of the special relation you have.

The relationships you can have with other trainers is a great feat but it could have more depth. For example if you are really unfriendly with a trainer, this would influence also your players and that could end up in more aggression on the field. And having a good relationship in less (of course without making it easier to win).

If you suddenly change your whole team and fill it with only talents to play against some club who really needs to win, other clubs or managers should object later on in the media. I was more or less responsible for the relegation of a team by playing with more or less my weakest team against their rival. The other club won and got the 3 points what meant relegation for the other team. I should have had trouble with that, not immediately in fines or something but there should be some angry mob or something ;-)

When buying a player you should be able to agree on paying the amount on for example 4 fixed data and not only in months. Sometimes you know that you'd have trouble paying for it the coming month but you won't in the future (for example because you expect a win in some cup or you have a lot of games or whatever). In this way you could anticipate that.

Also exchanging a player on loan should be possible and it is beneficiary for both.

I love the possibility of checking out if a player could be interested in moving to my club. It could be interesting to be able to do the same with my players. Would they be interested in some club (loans and/ or exchange). Only with players you put on the transferlist. Is it possible to offer players to clubs? I don't know how, but other clubs are offering them to me, so I should be able to do that to, don't I?

IN offering a contract I can think of the possibility that players would not just refuse a contract or demand more but also give a counter offer. For example they ask 40k, you offer them 32k and in the second round he could decide for 35k plus a higher win bonus (or something). I mean clubs do it...

If the neigherbood or whatever forbids you to enlarge your stadium preventing your growth you should be able to move your stadium (after trying to enlarge it two or three seasons in a row). Of course this would then mean a serious investment (preventing you from having a big transfer budget). But in two years you would have a bigger stadium with the possibility of enlarging it even more. In this way managers that are thinking of staying at a club for a couple of seasons could choose to build a new stadium while managers that don't have a heart for the club would just don't risk it. It should an option from the very first time, but if you have tried for two seasons in a row.... Now sometimes not being able to enlarge the stadium limits your possibilities and "forces" you to leave the club. Of course the board should be able to refuse a moving request.

If you have a contract with a certain player (Bosmantype so he's coming for free) you could have an option to get him earlier (in exchange for a relative fee). Now you would have to cancel the contract and try to buy him (risking that he would reject your new offer and sign somewhere else).

Cancelling a transfer should mean a penalty. That could be a percentage of the transfer sum or a sum agreed on when you agreed the transfer. In this way managers would think more carefully and not start buying a lot of players and when the transferwindow comes.... (they don't have the money to buy them). Of course the penalty would enfuriate your board and stuff and have influence on further contacts with the club you bought the player from originally, possibly even with the player. In this way managers would be forced to take future transfers into consideration.

If you don't have enough strikers or left midfielders, your AM should say this to you. Of course its also your own responsibility but its part of the teamreport isn't it?

You could make it optional to react after important matches. Right now you are asked to say something before every match so why not after some? Saying something would influence your players morale in a positive or negative way (according to what you say). Saying something awful to the other trainer right now doesn't change a thing (besides a friendly or poor opinion).

Can you be angry at a referee? In the previous versions you could, but I don't know how to do this now. And sometimes if you see 5 red cards and 9 yellow cards in yne match you have some right to be angry, wouldn't you. If you already can, please tell me how.

If you sign an important player (I don't know Ronaldo for example) he should be able to demand or request a squad number. It's realistic, for example Ronaldo couldn't where his nine because Morientes had in contract that he would always wear the number nine (so he was loaned by Monaco).

Sometimes you just need a little bit of money for a new transfer, it could be a nice idea to make it possible ask the board for just that amount (should always be a relatively small amount) that you would be obliged to use within a specific period. For example a month, if you don't use it you lose it. In this way you get the chance to have that transfer you want so much (for example I once couldn't buy someone because the board refused me more money while I only nead 200K more I had 8,2mln and he costed 8.4). Normally when you are in a bigger club you get millions when you ask for more money, but i did not need or get millions. Tried to offer less and everyting but nothing worked, so the player left for a different club some weeks later. An option that you could use just a few times every season would be nice and maybe the board should be more willing to grant your request according to the time you are there and the success you're having. It would say something like, ask the board for .... (200k) for an immediate transfer. (or position so that the board refusses a new striker if you already have 6 for example).

Well these are just some ideas I have. I have seen some good ones on the forum, maybe some of these are good to and could be implemented. If some ideas have already been mentioned... I haven't read the whole forum, so in that case: 'I agree, it's a great idea'.

Here's a few of ideas by me, if they have already been suggested then I apoligise but i'm sure nobody would read all these pages.. Well accept SEGA and SI icon_smile.gif

1. Commentary. Words actually spoken, not printed on the screen.

2. Better interaction with players. Write your own team talks, praise, critizim?

3. Radio phone ins, call up player to squad, calling your chairman for a meeting. This idea being that you can respond to the media or your player or your chairman. By speaking real life every day footballing issues.

4. Real sponsership deals. Pick your team strip, want to update it?

If I think of many more I'm sure I'll publish them. Hope you can read them thanks bye.

Originally posted by somebloke:

just a few things that could easily be done that will make the game flawless.

2d match engine

im awre how limited u guys are with this and how complicated it must be but surely u could just make it a little more easier on the eye.

like just seein the top view of the players head and shoulders with a shadow will make it so much bettter. then u could see when a player is actually heading the ball etc.

tactics

i know there are individual palyer instructions but u still can't instruct a player to pass to a specific other player

example; clichy to feed rosicky at every opportunitie

eboue to hit diagnal long balls to hleb to exploit the space left by the oppositions left back.

more set piece options would be nice.

instruct one player to play give and goes with another.

if u can tell a player to run with the ball like u can in fm surely all the above could be achieved.

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MATCH!!!!!

player contracts

just a few more options please so there is more chance of u persuading a top player to join your club.

player interaction

aain just a few more options to tell them what u think other than just tell the press u r happy or not

AND if u do say something and upset the player the ability to speak with them agin to put it right!!

I'd like to see some sort of "news subscription" service, whereas I can "subscribe" to any leagues / teams / players to get news on them. At it's most basic form, this would alter the news ticker we get while the game is processing. I don't care about the Albanian reserve league results for example so I don't want to see them there - but I would like to keep updated on certain leagues, and sometimes players. Also it should just list your own particular league by default. I've always found it silly when(for example) me being Liverpool, and Man Utd and Chelsea having a big game, but the news ticker while processing doesn't show that result, but shows other results.

In a more advanced idea, I'd actually like weekly/monthly updates(probably monthly) on a particular league. Maybe I'm alone here, but I like to keep updated on the game world outside my own league, but it can be a pain going through various leagues every month or whatever, scrolling back through all the results to see what has been happening. Perhaps just a news item that lists the results over the past week/month, the current league table, and maybe any major injuries, streaks etc.

Also I like to keep tabs on certain players. While I know we can just add them to our shortlist, I'd also like the option to get a report every time that players I am keeping tabs on play a game or whatever.

Not the most pressing ideas obviously, but just something I'd like to see added icon_smile.gif

- Fully editable leagues.

I don't much care for the foreign leagues so I would happily edit a couple of them to become non-league feeders for the Conference North/South (i.e. the Northern Premier, Southern Premier and Isthmian Premier). The teams are already their and have largely up-to-date squads.

- The option to apply to become a reserve or youth team manager.

- Coaches that actually have some real input. Every real-life manager has a team of coaches they regularly interact with yet FM coaches are limited to "Player X is a useful member of the squad".

A couple of points (don't know if it's too late for FM08???);

1. The ability to request which club your board searches for a feeder club (I never get Spain, Italy etc).

2. Ability to cancel a transfer after being agreed (mentioned by Galactico above, but I don't see where you do this on 07?).

3. After you have a player at your club for 10 years, a testimonial match should be played with you managing the team against A N Other team.

4. Better interaction with opposition players and manager (critise for dirty play etc).

5. More of a media fuss when trophies are won, more than the board wanting celevrations to be kept to a miniumum when you win Champs League (ITS the last game of the season Mr Chairman - lets get p*ssed).

I'm sure there's more.

Apologies if these ideas have already been listed, but hey, 27 pages icon_biggrin.gif

One thing which I think should be included is a Dario Gradi type long term loyalty. Both ways. For example, I was at Cheltenham and saved them from going out the league on the last day of the season. Over the next 15 years or so, I took them into the Champions League, earnt them £30m or so in the bank. Whilst I didn`t win any trophies, the board kept selling my best players, and I still stayed turning down numerous job offers.

The season after finishing in the top four in the Premiership, I signed 3 players of £10m plus, was sat top half (just) and got sacked...

Now surely a legendary manager like that would be given SOME loyalty... I`m not saying forever, but its got to buy you 1 or 2 bad seasons surely....

Another thing I would like (leading on from PaulB75) is that when you take a team up the leagues etc then the additaional team rivals are added to team info list.

For example, playing with Brum City I am chllenging for EPL each year so I think the likes of Man U and Chelsea would IRL also be my teams rivals in addition to Aston Villa.

- In leagues that have a foreign player/non-EU limit, loaned out players shouldnt be counted. I mean you can send a young foreigner guy to your feeder club or elsewhere, let him improve there, while you buy an experienced foreign player on the other side.

- MOTIVATION. Yea this word should be an important one in the game. As we see the morales of the players, we should see their motivations for the upcoming game. This will be very important. Because the star players wont be interested in matches against lower division teams.

- There shouldn't be only one ball around the pitch. I mean.. in real matches when a ball goes out, players do not wait for the same ball to come again, right?

- Instead of offering a player to other clubs yourself (which returns with no response usually), we should be able to call a player's agent and tell him that the player is not in your plans so that he tries to find a club for his player.

- Team chemistry. This should be affected by the personality of your players and the team captains as they boost friendship in the team.

- Training reports. Instead of telling the 3 players each under the trained well and bad titles, we need more specific reports. Also there there should be some activities that we can choose in trainings. Such as playing a match in narrow area, working on offside trap, etc. But this doesn't mean that they should totally change the training area. Because it is simple and easy to use with current view.

I like the idea of letting agents find clubs for players you don`t want, it could work the other way, telling agents which players you want to keep so if clubs try putting offers in you don`t have to keep saying he`s not for sale which does get annoying after a while, if you do want to sell a big player but not to rivals, you could tell the agent that. I hope this idea is put into the next update after 08 is released obviously.

I want a couple of additions to managing your wider squad.

1) tick box, if not selected in first team squad - play in reserves. This would allow your fringe players to maintain slightly higher fitness levels when not playing.

2) tick box, preferred player for reserves, without having to take over your reserves to ensure your 'promising youth' or 'returning from injury' players are fielded this would indicate to ass man this player should start in the reserve game.

When a staff member announces upcoming retirement, the board should allow you to begin looking for and sign his replacement before he actually leaves the club, even if you're already at the maximum number of staff. At the very least, the transfer should be automatically set for the current staff member's date of retirement.

With scouts for example, this would allow you to recoup the retiring scout's knowledge without it suddenly falling to 0 when he leaves. Kind of like in a real job, when a leaving staff member acts as a mentor on his way out.

Originally posted by Chas (Psyatika):

Inflation and skyrocketing salaries/revenues in long running games.

We know in the future salaries are just going to get higher, partly from inflation and partly from agents and greed. Let's show this in the game.

I'm certain something like that would be really difficult to implement, besides, SI cannot accurately predict the future of the global economy. It would probably get out of hand anyway.

i'd like to be able to critisize my whole team at any time i want!

i know i shouldnt but it'd make me feel a whole lot better sometimes!

also ive always wanted my set piece takers to change depending on the situation! instead of having to stick with 1 player or any random player at any time i'd like to have a 'pool' of players both right and left sides that could choose randomly who takes what instead of the first in the queue always taking them!!

It would be good if there was a news center like skysports but could be called FMsports or some like that which could have transfer rumours on it and the tables and other things would look cool

also differant types of merchandise like shirts flags etc

and mabye to become a player/manager at lower clubs

tell me what you think

I'd like to see more national team stuff i.e. as well as full, u21 and u19(?) teams england has under 20s, under 18s, 17s, 16s, non league "national game" etc. Also it's not that realistic that the staff are appointed by the international manager, it's done by the FA as far as I know. It seems a little easy to get national jobs, if promising managers were offered the less high profile jobs a la Stuart Pearce it would be a more realistic way to start raising their reputation.

I think that the money you earn from wages should be totalled up so you can see who are the richest managers in the game, but i don't think you should be able to buy things like houses and cars with your money or that would be getting too far away with the actual game of managing a football club. The scouting is very basic and there is alot of room for improvement. I also think that on the information screen they should state the population of a place because that ultimately shows how big a club is. Say for instance teams like Wigan, bolton and blackburn aren't very big clubs being in the premiership but say Leeds in and Nottingham Forest in League 1 are big clubs as they are big places. Football Manager should show a greater understanding of this.

What abouts arranging Testamonials for players who have been at the club for 10 years. Beening able to choose which players to sign for youth team each year . And also have Schoolboy Internationals.

I think you should be able to direct the scouting more. For a start you should be able to ask scouts to file more specific reports according to what you are looking for. If you want a goalie as a long-term replacement you don't care about current ability so more emphasis should be given to potential etc. Sure it could be done in a menu form for each scout. It should also be possible to share scout information with affiliated clubs. If they are experts in one country why can't you use their expertise more?

Also when you hire new coaches you should have the option to ask about player/staff at their previous club, like you can do with the players.

Coach reports should also be a bit more like scout ones rather then simple one liners that you can see on the training section.

Also rather then the AM merely saying the squad needs strengthening he should say where.

I would also love to see the option to engage in some less legal activities like tapping up. It should be an option when you're a manager. Just like when making comments about other players, there should be player reaction and if you are too pesistent, do it too frequently, or just unlucky you should be caught and sanctions brought either by FA, club or both. But you should be able to get away with it sometimes.

Also when requesting feeder clubs, you should be able to give some direction about the type of feeder club. I am always offered the same local clubs when I really want one abroad for work permits.

I would like to be able to hand pick graduates from academy instead of computer generated. In my save file, my game generated a bunch of forwards and midfielder but no defenders. So now, my youth team has only 3 defenders all together with around 8 or 9 forwards. That's ridiculous when you think about it. It will be cool if we can see academy players train and pick them up like that.

I would like to know how much distance my players have covered throughout the match. Perhaps at the player ratings screen, alongside the actual rating and condition of your player, there could be a metres covered statistic. Although, I think it would be unrealistic if you knew the exact amount of metres your opponents have travelled.

This could help you find out how hard your forwards are working to make space, or if there are any passengers on your side etc. etc.

And perhaps in later FMs there could be a complete breakdown of how much time your midfielder spent resting, sprinting, running, walking etc.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Retire Squad Numbers, im not going to use number 14 after Henry retires

re

tar

ded

can you imagine if real madrid, liverpool, manyoo, brazil retired a number every time a world class player wore it? just absolutely silly.

There's a lot of pages to read in this thread so apologies if this has been mentioned before. There have been a few other threads regarding this recently and it's definitely something I'd like to see in future versions of the game:

Mental attributes being more linked to experience than PA and CA.

As it is currently in the game players who've had a lot of Champions league experience, won leagues, cups and had international success still don't have much of a rise in mental attributes. I feel that experience should be better represented in the way of attribute increases that are related solely to the kind of experience they have (as well as their personality) and have nothing at all to do with training or PA.

I feel the following attributes inparticular should be based more on experience:

Anticipation - This should be down to natural ability to a certain extent but is something I feel could increase with experience.

Composure - Again, experience at a higher level could count towards how calm and collected an individual is in front of goal.

Decisions - Greater experience could increase a players decision making capabilities. Having played in champions leagues and world cups a player could have a better grasp of what works and what doesn't.

Positioning - Again an experienced player could have a greater grasp of the best positions to get into. Teddy Sheringham is a great example of this. Showing great guile and craft at 40 years old.

Team Work - This could be attached to not just experience but the number of years spent at any one team (again personality should have a baring on this. So a lazy or difficult to motivate player will not see the same increases as a determined, hard working player)

I think the type of competitions that a player has played in should affect the degree by which this attributes increaes. So in my opinion a seasoned champions league campaigner should have a very noticeable increase in mental attributes as they get older. These type of players are often signed by clubs in real life because of their experience.

Originally posted by jase19:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Retire Squad Numbers, im not going to use number 14 after Henry retires

re

tar

ded

can you imagine if real madrid, liverpool, manyoo, brazil retired a number every time a world class player wore it? just absolutely silly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Teams actually do this in real life. I personally don't see any benefit of having this option in the game but it definitely can happen in real life.

I'm in charge of the reserves in my current save. Sometimes I can't muster a full team. If no U18 exists in that position, or at least not a fit one, I have to play someone out of position or select a first teamer.

Why can't you either:-

1. Bump an U18 "grey" temporarily up to the reserve squad.

2. Have greys appear in the reserves when you're stuffed for personnel (doesn't happen when you're in charge).

3. Make grey players less fussy about signing contracts. I tried to sign a few U18 greys to the end of the season. They all refused and demanded three year contracts with squad status of a minimum of rotation! Cheek! If they are that fussy there should be at least a reasonable chance that they could turn out OK. At the moment they are invariably rubbish.

Three essentials for me (probably already mentioned)

1. Asking the board to go full-time when promoted to the Conference

2. Physios giving feedback on "green cross" injuries

3. Assistants actually telling me that offering a contract to a grey player is worthwhile.

Archived