Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

1) allow league reps to change, they should change slowly but they still should change over time

2) allow for maximum staff allowed to grow, it is frustrating getting stuck with a small number of coaches and scouts because my reputation was low when the game started

3) i have had a problem with a max, low number of feeders, not sure if thats long term or not but i quit so i wont know

4) make tactics easier to understand and fix\tinker with

5) a trophy room

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. An expanded league system for all available leagues (especially german league, hope they can include the 3.bundesliga due on 08/09 season).

2. When we choose to resign from our post, we can pick a reason behind our resignation (taking a break, clash with chairman/b.o.d, requires fresh challenge, chairman selling/signing player without consent. etc)

3. When chairman try to sign/sell a player without our consent, we can issue a press statement to assure/remind/deter the chairman not to interfere in the team affair in an attempt to block the transfer.

4. We can solve personal problems between players who have poor relationship with each other.

FM 2008 Wishlist Summary

All suggestions post FM2007 release (October 2006 - current) in no particular order.

Decent Suggestions

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>More detailed team talks

<LI>Training - Specific reccommendations to each player

<LI>More Player Interaction

<LI>Staff Interaction

<LI>Improved board interacton

<LI>Improved international management

<LI>Manager Clauses (release clause etc)

<LI>More player release clauses

<LI>More Staff movements when managers change

<LI>Fans interaction

<LI>More input from assitant manager/coaches

<LI>Better regens

<LI>More media on big tournaments (world cup etc)

<LI>Choice to chose more than 1 fav club on start-up

<LI>Choice to choose what languages you speak on start-up

<LI>Better use of scouts

<LI>In game phyio report

<LI>In game assistant manager report

<LI>Winning leagues/trophys at smaller clubs has more meaning

<LI>Ability to ask for extra funds to buy a player if you dont have enough

<LI>More commentary

<LI>More media in general

<LI>More team talk options

<LI>Ability to reject all enquiries automatically

<LI>Yellow cards for time-wasting

<LI>More realistic financial model so clubs dont get to £2b then go to -£2b

<LI>Board hiring/firing DOF over your head

<LI>Squad numbers for international competitions

<LI>Testimonials

<LI>Trophy Room (mixed reactions)

<LI>Map so you can see where the club plays (mixed reactions)

<LI>Anything that Dave C suggests

Crap Suggestions

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Being the chairman

<LI>Manager being able to spend wages

<LI>Making players get banned for drugs

<LI>Players getting arrested

<LI>Players dying

<LI>Players/Managers personal lives in game

<LI>Difficulty settings (too arcade like)

<LI>3D Match Engine (more work needed on current engine)

<LI>Manager has options to change kits

{*}Manager has opton to set ticket prices, hot dog prices, beer prices etc

<LI>Manager has option to choose sponsors

<LI>Manager has option to do anything else the chairman does

<LI>Streakers, naked dancers, cheerleaders etc

<LI>Players fighting

<LI>Pitch invasions

<LI>fans fighting

<LI>fans racist chanting

<LI>fans throwing things on pitch

Thats upto page 15 so far, these are just the main ideas, alot of the suggestions are repeated.

The tactics screen has always frustrated me in that it is universal. How about having an offensive and defensive screen so that you can be a bit more specific. Or at least some options for forwards to stay up front. Most choices seem to be about players going forward, but we need some options for when we are defending. I quite like the idea of managers being able to become offensive or defensive gurus.

Also, I list players as unavailable for transfer or loan, but clubs keep making apporaches. What's the point of the option if the game takes no notice?

How about a "Save of the Season" as well as goal of the season?

Just what does the director of football do at a club? Could this be made more of a feature?

I know it's been said but I would definitely like to either be able to tell a player why they have been subbed or the game to at least realise that when winning 3-0 with 5 minutes to go subbing a player is not the end of the world. (Or do I just have really temperemental players?!)

Pre-match talks could be enhanced to show attitude - ie Attack from the start, be cautious, don't lose an early goal, be patient, don't let them dwell on the ball etc. I know tactics can do this, but this could be used for the first 5-10 minutes and reduce the number of in-game clicks!

Training - or at least the feedback on training. Everyone says ignore the red and green arrows - so why have them? And why have them fluctuate so much? I have a central defender out injured with a foot injury, but apparently during his time off training he loses his ability to mark or head the ball! I would prefer more detailed feedback which tells me whether training is working rather than waiting for a season to discover it has been a waste of time. What's the point in 5* coaches if they can't tell you the impact they are having.

It's still a great game, even with all these minor requests....

Id like to see drag and drop substitutions, without having to pause the game etc.

the ability to just drag a sub over a player, or vise-versa, and then the substitution happens when the ball next goes out of play.

I don't know if these have been mentioned earlier on, I read a few pages but couldn't manage 25.

- Training camps: This could be done like requesting a feeder club. You could request whether you want to go on a superior facilities one, a team bonding one, acclimatising to foreign weather one, and then the board get back to you with some options and prices and you get to choose.

- Re-arranged fixtures: In real life when a game gets cancelled the two teams involved get to choose when the rearranged game should be played (certainly at Conference level they do as I work in the club offices!) If you have a game cancelled to international call-ups, you could get given maybe 3 or 4 potential dates for the game to be re-played on, therefore you dont get 4 games in a week just before your Champions League Semi-Final match, leaving all your players either knackered or injured and getting slaughtered in that match (ok this one may be more sour grapes, but it would still be nice to implement).

- Under 16 teams: In real life you wouldn't get a 14 year old playing for the under 18's, so maybe having an extra age group, where you can only offer youth contracts and then have to choose how many you feel you can promote into senior contracts. Would also be nice for those like me who love to bring through youngsters and see them progress.

A few minor suggestions, not vital but would make things more realistic.

Players have medicals, then your Fitness Coach/Ass Man would give you a report and/or view on his fitness, injury pronenes etc.

When a player signs, when there should be some sort of media involvement, maybe a question to the manager asking why you bought him etc. I think a player stating his detemination or hoping to learn from player are examples of this but there could be more options, like they were swayed by the manager or other player giving advice.

Some more "clauses" in the contracts. I.e some players have a clause that if a top 4 club (maybe hard to implement this) comes in, he is allowed to talk to the club.

I think the Friendly tour option should include you taking a certian squad, similar to the international squad being named.

Setting player targets for the season is something i like the idea of. I.e At the start of the season tell "Striker A" you like x amount of goals for the season. Maybe a reward in the conract or just a target so you could rate his seasonal performance.

Being able to visit or read some sort of Fan Club reaction or something, to give a different sides of things that the media would say.

Players have medicals, then your Fitness Coach/Ass Man would give you a report and/or view on his fitness, injury pronenes etc.

When a player signs, when there should be some sort of media involvement, maybe a question to the manager asking why you bought him etc. I think a player stating his detemination or hoping to learn from player are examples of this but there could be more options, like they were swayed by the manager or other player giving advice.

Some more "clauses" in the contracts. I.e some players have a clause that if a top 4 club (maybe hard to implement this) comes in, he is allowed to talk to the club.

I think the Friendly tour option should include you taking a certian squad, similar to the international squad being named.

Setting player targets for the season is something i like the idea of. I.e At the start of the season tell "Striker A" you like x amount of goals for the season. Maybe a reward in the conract or just a target so you could rate his seasonal performance.

Great ideas mate, maybe you should e-mail them to SI?

We can manage England but what about the England Select team for llamas? I'd love to be offered the job.

Also what about a patch for those of us who like to manage lower league teams? The patch could have the league pyramid go beyond Conference North/South.

Here's a little one for the graphical interface.

On the training progress screen, if you select a group like "attacking" there is no option to pick which line is on top. So if two or more values all have the same value you can never see one of them.

We need to be able to click on an attribute and that line comes to the foreground (perhaps in bold too).

Maybe this was posted, but go anyway.

My friend asked me to tell SI that he needed nicknames.

Examples are as follows.

If Del Piero scores,

"DEL PIERO SCORES FOR JUVENTUS!"

If Del Piero makes a great performance,

"WHAT A PERFORMANCE FROM THE JUVENTUS CAPTAIN, ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!"

If Del Piero scores his 250th goal in his career,

"HERE IT IS! DEL PIERO SCORES HIS 250TH GOAL IN HIS CAREER! A LEGENDARY STRIKER! OH ... WHAT A DAY! A VERY GOOD DAY FOR IL PINTURICCHIO!"

See the difference? Yes, the name. My friend thinks that we have nicknames showing up only in some historical situation.

Hope this is a good idea.

FORZA SI! icon_cool.gif

to be able to choose what season to start in.

eg. fm 07 is the 06/07 season, well if u get updates for real life club signings for summer 07 then maybe start the game for the 07/08 season instead of 06/07 season.

don't know how this could be implemented though

Right an idea which will should help making tactics easier, variations. They already exist you say, well you can create new tactics and swap between them easilly so I guess they are. However if you want to tweak the tactic its very frustrating. If you want to make changes to all your variations (like corner routine) you have to do it to each an every tactic (I have about 4 versions of my tactic for different situations) plus theres the frustration of the stupid way the game saves files and after my work I've found out it didn't save it properly and I can't access it quickly. You end up having loads of tactis in your folder e.g 4-4-2 (Cork City Mar 2010), 4-4-2 (Cork City Jul 2010) ect.

So to solve this I would like to see proper variations added. So you would create your base tactic then 'create variation' and the settings you put on the variation would overide the ones on the base tactic. Tweak the base tactic to make changes to all the tactics and tweak the variation to change one tactic. The variations would be under a drop down list to save space. Also the save button should work like saving a game, Save to overwrite and Save as to create a new file.

Another idea I've been thinking about is player specific instructions. Player specific instructions would just basically overide the current player instructions so you can get the best out of different players. It would be useful when you make changes to your team and your player instructions automatically adjust to that player.

For example you replace Carrick for Gerrard. As an example Carrick has only 12 for long shots so you don't want him to shoot from long range, you'd rather have him pick out a pass, so you have his long shots on rarely. However when Gerrard comes on he has 18 long shots, you want to take advantage of that ability by setting it to often. You dont want to do this everytime Gerrard comes on for Carrick. So you would set a player specific instruction on Gerrard to have long shots on often. So now whenever Gerrard comes on he has his long shots set to often automatically. This would also be useful for when you bringing on a fast striker for a tall one.

Also a shortcut for getting to the detailed tactical screen during matches would be nice (would really help laptop users!).

Adaptation of the Future Transfer ins/out sceen or a new "list" of current negotiations of player contracts and transfer fees.

Ok at present we have the scenario where we initally bid for players, offer contracts and then either sign them or delay them. The only way we know who we are signing is via the FT in screen, correct. What this fails to list is the contract offer etc.

Now what im proposing is that the system stays the same with a minor tweek.

Its quite simple, i would like an extra comparison screen or an ammendment to the existing future transfers in/out screen. I would like a list of all the contracts and transfers values being offered to players/clubs so that i can compare them prior to making a decision on who to sign. The reason being i may find someone better than player no 1 whom i have offered a contract to so therefore do not want to pursue player no 1 and go with player no 2.

An example would be say i need a right winger, ive scouted 5 players and now im placing my offer on the table to the clubs. They accept the offers so now im at negotiation stage with the players. i offer contracts out to them all and now i want to deliberate ove who to actually sign. There is no way of doing this at present apart from making a note on paper what you have offered to whom, its a lot to write dow including the bonuses etc.

With the extra info on the future transfers in/out i can compare easily with a drop down or filter menus as with the contract screen on team player screen. On the screen the filters would be all items listed at contract negoitiation eg appearence bonues etc, basic wage, signing on fee etc and also including the transfer breakdown eg initial fee, fee over months, and int appearences etc.

I just feel that this would add a nice touch and be a very useful tool to help the user tying it altogether.

Feel free to add.

Originally posted by Phillyb86:

to be able to choose what season to start in.

eg. fm 07 is the 06/07 season, well if u get updates for real life club signings for summer 07 then maybe start the game for the 07/08 season instead of 06/07 season.

don't know how this could be implemented though

In Sweden i got the choice to choose between starting in the 2006 or 2007 seasons, think its the same for the rest of the scandinavian countries too, where they dont play over the winter

I really think there should be an option to help choose sponsors and what the kit looks like. Or at least have the kit changed every so often and get given pics of the new kits.

Also I think

Optional Press conferences with three or four questions would be good every so often. Instead of just the odd question about a match or transfer target from the media.

Maybe a magazine that comes out every month giving an overview of transfers and news in addition to interviews with players and managers. These magazines could be stored in a sort of in-game cabinet if you ever wanted to look through events of past years at a glance.

The manager should have some control over the stadium (the type of pitch, shape of stands etc.) and as your reputation grows the board listen more to your ideas on stadium development.

Transfer negotiations could be more in depth so that you are given plenty of info as to why a bid was rejected or why a clb is unwilling to sell a player. I know this is sort of already in the game but sometimes I feel frustrated when a bid is rejected and there is no given reason. Transfer dealing is certainly an area that could be worked on anyhow. Perhaps an option to get one player on a loan deal with another going in the other direction. Or the ability to loan a player for more than just one season without tabling a new bid. Think Rui Fonte, Radek Cerny etc.

I also agree with what someone put further up as well about putting in your own picture on your manager page, I think that would really personalise the game and make you feel more like it is yourself managing the team.

Expaning on the feature in 07 where you get to put your previous status (Professional footballer etc.) I think you should be able to choose exactly which clubs you played for and how well you did there.

Just ideas. I know some of them have flaws

Suggestions:

<LI>TRAINING:More Coach classes. In real life there aren't just the calsses present in FM, there are coaches who deal specifically with each area: there are coaches who deal only with the technical aspects in game and do a personalized work with every player. ex Ryan Babel is one of the players that as his own Technical Trainner. A small amout of coaches (3 or 4) should be able to deal with a 24 players squad. Reports about who trained best who is more fit to play the next game, who deserve to play and that kind of stuff.

<LI>TRANSFERS. Ability to talk with players before talking with the club. Better real-time interaction when negotiating. Clubs will answer how much he wants for the player rather then just rejecting. Only in special cases teams should say that the player won't leave for any price!

<LI>FINANCES. They are very unrealistic! Clubs with a negatice money should open bankrupcy or ask the bank for some money, or otherwise players start complaining to the media about unpaid wages.

<LI>TACTIAL. End with sliders. Make it more intuitive. Like in real life coach draws in a board what will the formation be and tells every one what to do. Maybe reintroduce the old with the ball and without the ball board! Mentality shouldn't be mixed with the position the player is.

<LI>PLAYER AGENTS: Add this feature. Agents don't need to be the same as real life just get some fake ones. Agents will always suggest players to the clubs they work more with.

<LI>PLAYERS PASSES BEING HOLD BY ECONOMICAL GROUPS. Add this please. Lots of clubs in Europe like Fc Porto, West Ham, work with this groups so that they can get better player without paying that much!

<LI>MANAGERS. In Real Life every Manager as his own staff. Like as Ass Man he always works with that when he leaves the club they will leave too.

<LI>SQUAD MANAGEMENT. Introduce a Talk in the beggining of the official season whre manager can say to the players what he wants for them in this season. Like Mourinho is telling Drogba he wants more goals! And Alex with Ronaldo. Player could be dismissed from the squad like in the Real Life. Barcelona said Giuly to seek his agent and find a new club. So he can is still in contract with the club but he won't train with the club he will be appart from the team but he is linked with the club and it isn't us who need to find a new club is the AGENT!

<LI>PLAYER VALUE. Values more real. Why a youngster with no future in Real Madrid is 1M when no one will accept him on free.

<LI>AFFILIATES. Suggest to the board one and what kind of affiliate you want!

<LI>BOARD. The board should be more active. MAnager should say I want a Central Defender and the board say we have this 5 players who do you want. Sometimes the manager doesn't have an affordable target and he needs suggstions. Board could run the negotiations, like in real life.

• I would like to see lapavona's at the end of a cup final or play off.

• I would also like to see 2D presentations if possible for a cup win

• I would like to see pitch invasions

• I think punch ups on the pitch which could lead to the tunnel

Although it was talked about in other topics (hope not in this one): I'd like to see a balance of the money I make as a manager and perhaps to introduce wage for international managers. A simple sum of wage income, the bonuses I get in case the manager get bonuses from winning competitions or something.

And second the remove of age limitation for managers.

Guest Everton\'s Next Manager

I think a good feature for fm 2008 would be more realistic player lifes for example: Wayne Rooney was drunk and trashed the hotel u were staying at and your options could be :

Fine Him 1 weeks Wages

Let him off with a warning

Ban him from the next away game

or something like that. This would make the game more realistic because not all players are perfect.

i reckon because of such popularity in chairman's wanting to build new stadiums, there should be a new stadium window in which looks like the tactics window which you can alter and play around with your squad and tactics but instead should show like a 2D view of your current stadium with maybe 3D versions of new stands available within your budget and within the aloud building permission or w/e. Sure this might not be what the manager is appionted for or what the manager's job is but still in real life isnt the manager consulted about the stadium and plans shown to him? surely this would make the game more realistic and enjoyable for all.

Long thread not sure if this as been mentioned:

Being able to custom build your own leagues with the editor.

By this i mean from scratch with your own set of rules and not over another leagues layout.

After a lot of regular games many of us end up editing custom leagues to have fun before the new version comes out. being able to build custom leagues would be fab.

I think the changing of strips after a couple of seasons would be a good idea. Perhaps only for the licensed teams. The manager does not necessarily need to have a choice of the new strip is (as this does not happen in real life) but would be something to look forward to at the start of a new season. No matter whether the strip is good, ugly or weird.

I'm sure ill get slated for this but here goes anyway.

In my opinion the game is getting far far too detailed tactically. Some people will claim that this statement is rubbish as they find it extremely easy, well thats fair enough, but i believe the majority of people who play the game do not have the time to sit down and study for a degree in SI tactics before enjoying some success in this game.

I mean ive read alot of threads on here in the vain hope of learning how to consistanty win on this game and some people appear to actually dedicate their entire lives to knowing this game inside out.

Not everyone has the time nor the will to do this SI. I love these games but i think the push for the most realistic game is coming at a cost to enjoyment.

Theres my opinion for what its worth.

I would like to option to total up certain attributes. I select my players for specific positions on who has the highest total of x,y and z attribute, If there was a function which i could set up and view this before selecting my teams this would be great. At the moment I need a calculator, pen and paper to do this!

Originally posted by Michael Foster:

FM 2008 Wishlist Summary

<LI>Players fighting

This is actually in the game to some extent! I just a piece of new saying that Kieron Dyer (who else) and some Newcastle loanee signing having a fight in training!

Sorry if these have already been mentioned.

1.I'd like a way to criticise or praise the defence or midfield as a whole unit. Eg. you win 4-3 you praise your atacking pkayers but are unhappry with the defensive play.

2.I'd like to be able to appoint a Head of Youth. Someone who can reccomend layers in my reserves or U18's, say they would benefit from a loan spell or ready for 1st team action.

3.I'd like to personally give awards to players at the end of each season. Clubs in real life have awards for fans and ones chosen by the club.

4.To be able to add favoured clubs and players as you go along. Could help get a job or sign a player.

5.A clever addition would be to be able to target an opposition player for provokation. Eg. tell your CB to have a quiet word in the ear with someone with a temper like Rooney. In an aim to get him sent off.

6.Like to be able to choose from a pool of regens instead of just being given the useless lot at the moment.

7.I'd like a trophy cabinet to keep track with what i have won at clubs i have managed.

8.Testimonials would be a nice touch.

9.Hold press confrences for new players and more press conferences in general.

If anyone has any opinions fell free to comment. Good or bad! icon_biggrin.gif

Basic improvements

* General match engine improvements

-Strikers know when to try and cross a ball instead of trying a shot with an impossible angle. No matter what is in in information.

-More long range goals. I dont really see them as much anymore.

-Defenders need to be more aware of things on the pitch. They do some stupid things that never really happen in real life.

-General man marking needs improving. They dont really man mark players do they?

Transfer rule suggestion

This new rule is probably going to become more and more used in the future, so should be used in the game.

The ability for a player to buy out his remaining 2 years of contract

It being suggested in real life that Heinze may take up this option. He will pay Man Utd 6.8 Million, be released, then join Liverpool who will give him a big sign on fee to cover his losses.

I believe this should most definitely be included.

In the game you could 'tap up' players and see who is interested, or filter them players out in the player search.

You could then negotiate with the player saying that if they pay off their contract totalling 3mil, you will compensate them with a hefty sign on fee.

Maybe to spice it up a bit, when a player leaves his club, you can refuse to sign him icon_biggrin.gif (cruel), or a rival club could come in and try and snap him up.

Guest Melvinfinchett

I would like to be able to go on tours or enter preseason tournaments so you could make your team rep imporve team and get more mercandise sales

what do you think?

Originally posted by Michael Foster:

FM 2008 Wishlist Summary

All suggestions post FM2007 release (October 2006 - current) in no particular order.

Decent Suggestions

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Anything that Dave C suggests

Agreed icon_smile.gif

My main point is the stupid use of Squad numbers by the AI. "Normally" we tend to see clubs use the following for the first 11:

1: GK, 2: DR, 3: DL, 4: MC/DC, 5: DC, 6: DC/MC, 7: MR, 8: MC, 9: ST, 10: ST, 11: ML

Then 12 or 13 for the sub GK depending on where you are, I see 19 alot as a ST, the rest of the number dont tend to have a pattern.

I know this is more cosmetic, but we need a better AI management of squad numbers.

Say a GK joins a club when there is already a #1. So he gets any old number thats available. Then the #1 leaves and our budding GK manages to work his way into the #1 spot, but he still has the same squad number...

Basically, we need to have the squad numbers change to reflect a players prefered squad number, or a squad number suitable for his position.

Guest Melvinfinchett
Originally posted by alanricouk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Melvinfinchett:

I would like to be able to go on tours or enter preseason tournaments so you could make your team rep imporve team and get more mercandise sales

what do you think?

You already can. icon_eek.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>#

oh yea don't know what am i on about just been watching man u so must of give me the idea icon_confused.gif

Guest Melvinfinchett
Originally posted by Melvinfinchett:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alanricouk:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Melvinfinchett:

what do you think?

oh yea don't know what am i on about just been watching man u so must of give me the idea icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry about the double post but mabye they could be improved to imporve you rep and mercandise sales and the could be a chart like the scout one to show how well your are know around the world icon14.gif

AUDIO COMMENTARY!!

it was great in CM2...and then disappeared. Bring it back in FM 2008. It isn't that hard to do...FIFA and ProEvo games do it

Originally posted by Melvinfinchett:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alanricouk:

what do you think?

oh yea don't know what am i on about just been watching man u so must of give me the idea icon_confused.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry about the double post but mabye they could be improved to imporve you rep and mercandise sales and the could be a chart like the scout one to show how well your are know around the world icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like this idea, perhaps something along the lines of hiring a commercial director ( similar to the post liverpool have recently created at their club) This person is know responsible for managing and developing commercial activity. He could perhaps issue a report every six months or whatever with recommendations on how to take advantage of the clubs reputation ( tours to asia etc) or on how to build the clubs reputation (perhaps hosting friendly tournaments, charity matches etc)

Something i would like to see is:

Being able to sign, for example, a young south american player (or non EU), then send them on loan to an affiliated club to gain EU citizenship...

Happens alot in 'real' life, and should be on the game....

Originally posted by santa19:

i reckon because of such popularity in chairman's wanting to build new stadiums, there should be a new stadium window in which looks like the tactics window which you can alter and play around with your squad and tactics but instead should show like a 2D view of your current stadium with maybe 3D versions of new stands available within your budget and within the aloud building permission or w/e. Sure this might not be what the manager is appionted for or what the manager's job is but still in real life isnt the manager consulted about the stadium and plans shown to him? surely this would make the game more realistic and enjoyable for all.

I kind of like the chairman ideas, for me i just simply want some thing to do with the hard earned money made when i'm the manager. I just don't see the point in accepting a very high wage and not see any thing for it, i'd just love some options where i could put the money to good use like:

Co-Owning Players (tevez situation comes to mind)

Shares in the football club your managing and/or other clubs

Able to buy a football club or part own with the options to sell

Able to set up your own club and try to bring them success (sunday league comes to mind)

Able to bribe players out of your own money to join the club (keeps the football club out of it)

Theres probably better ideas out there but i think it would be good to have some thing to do with the money to earn.

Araz

Ive scanned through the above ideas so sorry if any of these are repeats

Youth managment -This may be a big ask but i'd really like to see more on the youth system, with the ability to change the kind of set up you have, having acadamies which can be adjusted to focus on developing different kinds of players - ie, coaching fitness and strength, or speed and creativity. For me the kids promoted from the youth ranks in FM can be very random even when you have a top youth system

training involvement - i'd liek to see the training become more than just a set of sliders. Nothing too drastic, still incorporating the current system but with the adition of controllable once/ twice weekly training sessions involving small matches, drills , etc. Additionally this could be a handy inclusion especially for International managment prior to matches and during competitions

Board interaction - the expansion of the boards influence in the game. Involving meeting pre-season setting out their expected targets for the season, whilst also including some sort of system to 'barter' with the chairmen over wage and spending allowance etc etc

In depth physio reports - Over the last few incarnations of FM the scout report has developed but sadly the physio reports seem to have been ignored. More in depth comments about a players injury would be welcome, stating more than just the general nature of the problem - just a few medical terms on the kind of break a player has sustained ie, the old Beckham metatarsal saga over again but with your star winger instead

Press conferences - I'ce always thought this would be a neat little inclusion in the game - having conferences to unveil a new signing, with questions from the media on your aims for the new guy and his role in your team. Or post match tunnel interviews with Sky sports/ BBC on how the match went ..... wtih the option to opt out if the news agency has claimed you are corrupt in the past ((see Alex Ferguson))

Trophy room - maybe just a jumped up achievments screen , but seeing an actual cup with your teams colours attached would be great rather than just your clubs name on a list. This could also include mocked up pictures of youre teams celebrations after winning the league , or the misery after lossing in the play offs

2D match engine - although i have no problem with the match engine in its current form I would love to see the possibility of its expansion to include your grounds stands, showing the fans as they cheer your team on or boo them off! Come on , seeing a Mexican wave formed from a bunch of bobble heads has got to be a sight worth seeing!!

On the playing side of the match engine I would be very much for a slight change from being soley top down. Now im anti-3D at the moment but I cant help thinking how great it would be to play FM with a retro style engine as a nod to classic games from back when we were kids and didnt have the likes of FIFA and Pro Evo to disolve our eyes with their photo realism

Perhaps something like the follow:

classicscreenjh9.jpg

sensibleiy8.png

Shot at 2007-07-20

Archived