Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Originally posted by Grosse Salinas:

I hope these ideas can help to build a better game.

There could be the possibility to create your "working group" You as a manager, taking your confidence assistants (fitness, goalie coach) and taking with you at new clubs where you were contracted. Also you could force the clubs to contract all the "working group" (not only you) in the negotiation of your contract.

Like it.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the player personal profile records. I think it would be more informative and more complete if there is included if the player has participated in some important competition with his national team, included "under" teams.

For example: Played for the NT in the EURO 2002 "Under 19".

It would be cool if SI would bring back that feature when where you look at other clubs and there is a star next to certain players to signify them being star players.

I remember it being on the old CM's

I would like to see in the information club screen a space for a photo of the stadium . Like Faces in the game there wouldn't be necessary to include all the photos in the original game, only the possibility to insert them. It would be great to know What some team's stadium like

Originally posted by RANGERS_TIL_I_DIE:

Would be nice feature though icon_wink.gif also this is a way that people could kind of get their wish of being different roles in a club ... without upsetting those who dont want to !

I've read all your posts....

Don't you have any homework/revision to do?

Scott M

Originally posted by natkingcole611:

how about a one where you could set ticket prices and number of seats available for away fans

Please god no.....

I have no idea why people aren't satisfied with being the Manager in the game, who the hell wants to sort out advertising revenue, ticket prices, the tea order?

Those jobs are boring in real life, why would you want to sim them?

Scott M

Originally posted by ScottM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by natkingcole611:

how about a one where you could set ticket prices and number of seats available for away fans

Please god no.....

I have no idea why people aren't satisfied with being the Manager in the game, who the hell wants to sort out advertising revenue, ticket prices, the tea order?

Those jobs are boring in real life, why would you want to sim them?

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dear SI:

can you set it up so that the team accountant is playable? i wanna be TEAM ACCOUNTANT.

Youth world Cup I think this is the only great competition to be included for the game. I can realize that it's hard because it means to create Under-20 teams all over the world but I think this a really important competition and it would worth.

5 Reasons why it should be in there...

1) The 2007 World Cup will be the first of it's name. And starts on 1 July 2007

2) According to FIFA

With the world's premier competition in men's youth football due to begin in Canada in late June, FIFA is pleased to announce that it has signed up four National Supporters for the FIFA U-20 World Cup 2007. The four companies will play a key role in promoting the event throughout Canada and in engaging the local population in what will be the country's largest single-sport event to date.

3. Scotland are in it

4. Scotland are in it

5. Did I mention the Scots are in it!

Second only in size and scope to the FIFA World Cupâ„¢, the 52-game, 24-team FIFA U-20 World Cup Canada 2007

Originally posted by Bradford Nut:

One feature I would like to see is Undisclosed bids happens all the time in real life. So i can't see why it can't happen in FM.

Because you would always be able to know how much the fee was from looking at the payer's value following the transfer icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by bignacboy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bradford Nut:

One feature I would like to see is Undisclosed bids happens all the time in real life. So i can't see why it can't happen in FM.

Because you would always be able to know how much the fee was from looking at the player's player's value following the transfer icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something simple that would be nice is the ability to distinguish between your 2 cm's or 2 strikers.

For instance, if on the tactics screen they were called cm1 and cm2 or something similar.

The reason is just so co can tell which one is a CaM or CdM etc, its easy to get confused sometimes as to which instructions a player has. Also applicable to centre halves (who has your JT instructions and who's your Rio?) and which of your 2 strikers is a target man, and who's the lethal finisher?

just my 2 cents anyway! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by micheal100:

Something simple that would be nice is the ability to distinguish between your 2 cm's or 2 strikers.

For instance, if on the tactics screen they were called cm1 and cm2 or something similar.

The reason is just so co can tell which one is a CaM or CdM etc, its easy to get confused sometimes as to which instructions a player has. Also applicable to centre halves (who has your JT instructions and who's your Rio?) and which of your 2 strikers is a target man, and who's the lethal finisher?

Yeah I agree, I always thought it should be:

MLC and MRC for 2 central MC's, and also strikers, SRC and SLC, and of course DRC and DLC

All the talk of difficulty levels is nonsence. There are already things you can do to make the game very easy. If you're an amateur or just plain rubbish then pick a brilliant team (Chelsea, Barcelona etc). Next, spend 1/2 hour on the net or speak to a knowledgeable friend and get a few pointers on tactics and potential signings. Anyone can do this. As you improve just pick poorer teams and the tactics/finding players/training will become more obvious as you progress. The way people are talking in here is that the game is nigh on impossible when it is in reality a challenging game that (like many others) you grasp after playing it for a while. I've won numerous cups with Athletic Bilbao in Spain who have a Basque only signing policy. How..? worked on tactics, worked on training and invested in youth facilities. I now have numerous good young players who will be gods. Not rocket science you just think about what you're doing logically. Alot of games have difficulty levels because they are quick, hand eye co-ordination games that need practicing to get the required skills. If you lose a game on FM then there's no rush. Have a think and adjust things and go again. Its a learning curve that wont be correct from day 1. Yes it helps if you have experience of the game but genuinely if you haven't, there's loads of places to get tips... just stay clear of the nerds who take it too seriously and have nothing else in their lives.

Originally posted by ScottM:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RANGERS_TIL_I_DIE:

Would be nice feature though icon_wink.gif also this is a way that people could kind of get their wish of being different roles in a club ... without upsetting those who dont want to !

I've read all your posts....

Don't you have any homework/revision to do?

Scott M </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey scott,

No i dont have anything like that as im only in second year so i just spend all my time talking to fellow fm addicts icon_wink.gif

p.s : are you stalking me or something lol icon_biggrin.gif

Being able to continue our career games by importing them . . .

I'd also like to be able to play past years . . .

Why aren't previous version databases playable? I'd like to be able to start a career in '90 or something along those lines.

Finally a fm 2006/7 (first team) level, a Fifa coaching badge, a masters degree in sports science and the time available to watch every minute of everygame for any chance of any success what so ever. Even then be prepared to have it all ripped away with a 45yrd screamer to the top corner in the last minute.

icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe we could see some improvements on the Player Awards screens, in the player´s profile? A filter separating the "Named in Team of the Week" awardss from "African Player of the Year" etc.

So, basically filter the important awards a player has received from the less important ones.

Match engine

1. More one-two's

2. Shots and crosses are being deflected too much in my opinion.

Scouting

3. It's way too easy to know who's going to be a major star in the future. I just make sure I have 2 scouts with 19-20 for 'judging player potential'. If I encounter a youngster with decent stats I ask for his report card and if it says 'a definite purchase' or 'buy whatever the price', I know this player has a very high potential. Even great scouts should be more 'wrong'.

Player development

The easiest way to monitor who will become a star player is to watch their CA-progress. If it rockets up quickly, you know the player will be huge.

Player are usually being generated with a CA of 90max. So I you see a player aged 17 with a CA of 130-140 you know his potential will be huge, because his CA rises quickly. But if player would be generated with a higher CA, let's say, of 130-140 it would be a lot harder to tell if they have a high potential, because their stats could just as well be maxed out. In FM2006 you often had regens with a high CA but an average PA, which made it a lot harder to spot the high PA players.

Btw, I use Genie scout to monitor a players CA without looking at their PA.

I anything else I think the game produces some great youngsters, but it only manages to do so because they develop way too fast. If a players hasn't reached a high CA by the age of 21 you know he probably never will (except for the players that are generated at the age of 20 maybe). Therefore player development should go slower in general (for most regens, not for all of them). In order to make sure we still see the same amount of wonderkids, more players should be generated with a high CA.

Chairman selling players over your head

This is a great addition to the game in my opinion, but it is flawed. If you play at a mediocre reputation club (6000 or so), it is impossible to keep the high PA youngsters. The chairman usually sells them for a pretty mediocre amount. This may be realistic, but there are some issues I have:

- Even if you have 100M on your account the chairman still sells players that you value way higher.

- If he would sell one player each transfer period, I would be able to cope with it, but not if he sells half your squad just before an important CL-qualification match, that is quite depressing. And he does so usually at the end of a transfer period, leaving you no time to buy replacements.

- It's just not fun, therefore this issue should be editable. But if you put chairman interference to 1, it still happens as much as before. SI doesn't even seem to be able to edit its own game, because this 'chairman interaction issue' was on the fixlist for 7.0.3 and it hasn't changed anything in my game.

Player names

10% of all brazilians are names Silva, a british youngster will most likely be names 'David Smith', etc. The same names are appearing too often. And the regen names are usually names for people aged 50+. NO-ONE in Belgium gives 'Luc, Mark, Hubert, Roger, Patrick, etc' as a name to their kids, yet these are very commom names for regens. This takes away a lot of the immersion for me.

It could be so easy imo to correct this problem. Many people have compiled huge lists of realistic and diverse regen names for each country in a future regens EDT-file. You can download them here. The only problem with it, is that less the 10% of the regens are given a name from these files. That is really not worth the effort it takes to create these files.

Now the reason why only 10% of these names appear is too prevent the 'face-in-the-game future regens' from appearing all at once at an early stage in the game. But if SI implements many EDT files with future regens names, they could also up the percentage of regens from these files to appear. Let's say up to 75% icon_smile.gif I only I knew that SI would have the intention to do something about this aspect of the game, I would gladly lend my expertise on this subject and create more of these files.

Scouting

3. It's way too easy to know who's going to be a major star in the future. I just make sure I have 2 scouts with 19-20 for 'judging player potential'. If I encounter a youngster with decent stats I ask for his report card and if it says 'a definite purchase' or 'buy whatever the price', I know this player has a very high potential. Even great scouts should be more 'wrong'.

I think it should be a little bit harder perhaps. I don´t want the scouts to be wrong, but he more you scout a player the more info you should get. I think I´ve called for something like this before, that you should be able to scout a player for half-a-year or so. A long time, but it would be a nice addition.

Also, the information provided from these reports could be more blossoming I reckon, with maybe more personality notes, what kind of tactical instructions and formations he would or could respond well to.

The reports are very good at the moment but they could be a billion times better!

I agree with the idea that was mentioned earlier on this page, that you should be able to give players instructions when you bring them on as a sub.

Just like before, at half time, and after the game.

You should be able to use the same options such as 'You can make the difference' etc, maybe with some new ones added in to instruct players to go all out attack or go more defensive.

~> Scouting: Scouts alwaysfind the same-old stars. It's not really realistic. Scouting thing should be made more diversified. Also scouts should watch more young players in age of 15 and smth like that.

~> Sponsors: I think there should be chance to sign a contract with sponsors after old ones end. There should be a list of sponsors with who You can sign a contract.

~> Real life: Maybe there should be some real life stuff included, like You can buy houses, cars and etc with Your wages. And also there should be some news about Your team players real life. Like someone got a child or someone got wedding or someone have smth to do with cops (drugs and etc) and stuff like that. I think it would make game more ineresting.

~> Match engine: It really sucks, should be made more realistic.

~> Injuries: There's way too much and long injuries, it should be fixed.

Originally posted by riks12:

~> Sponsors: I think there should be chance to sign a contract with sponsors after old ones end. There should be a list of sponsors with who You can sign a contract. Managers dont really get to choose sponsors tbh so no

~> Real life: Maybe there should be some real life stuff included, like You can buy houses, cars and etc with Your wages. And also there should be some news about Your team players real life. Like someone got a child or someone got wedding or someone have smth to do with cops (drugs and etc) and stuff like that. I think it would make game more ineresting. No, No, No, No. Been discussed to death, if you want to buy stuff play the sims

~> Match engine: It really sucks, should be made more realistic. Explain

~> Injuries: There's way too much and long injuries, it should be fixed.

Explain?

Originally posted by micheal100:

it would be helpful also if yr ass man could recognize these distinctions. for example if you have your ass man suggest a starting lineup, he'd suggest a suitable TM for TM, a suitable MCA for mca, etc.

it could even extend to DCs, as i usually have different setpiece assignments for each of them.

good idea overall. oh and if they could go by number, old-school style, so that #11 = ML and not FC, that'd be a good way to distinguish. the ass man would 'look' at the instructions for the #5 position and recommend based on that, for example.

I'm sorry If it isn't appropriate because i know it's 'not don' to discuss the competition but i just found this out and i had to share.

http://www.championshipmanager.co.uk/prozone.php

The ProZone analysis looks wicked and is the only thing , imo , that FM is lacking.

I love FM and i followed them since cm4 i guess but when 'the other guys' implement a good idea you just have to acknowledge.

It looks great and could be the answer to the tactical difficulties most of us are facing.

I'm not saying that SI should blindly copy this feature but a good feedback-system on tactics is much needed.

Anyway , now bash me if you want.

This is a very minor thing but something that I think is worth addressing - the AI could do with tweaking with regards to injured players late on in games. I say this because I was 1-0 up with four minutes of injury time to play against Aston Villa, and John Carew picked up an injury. He spent two minutes off the pitch receiving treatment, when it would surely have made more sense to simply replace him with a striker for the final four minutes.

I'd never noticed this before so perhaps it was a one-off, but if not I think it would be worth addressing - only a minor detail, but it makes sense.

Staff Knowledge,

this is a feature i like and feel has really improved the game but it could do with tweaking to reflect where countries are rather than which region SI have put them in. This is speaking about the base knowledge that comes with a nationality.

Examples of this are Czech rep staff have knowledge of Serbia, Slovenia, Slovakia and Bosnia. They have more knowledge of Serbia than Slovakia (even though it was part of the same country until ca 15 years ago and borders the czech rep) Czech rep also has borders with Germany, Austria and Poland but staff have no knowledge of these countries!

French staff have knowledge of 9 other countries, swiss staff have no knowledge of any other countries, why is this?

I think it could be a nice feature if we could talk to the national managers while we´re at clublevel.

If I feel that my 16-year-old promising striker, who seems to be one of the best players of his generation and touted the next Raúl, is ready for some U-21 action, it would be very nice to be able to tell the U-21 coach of his country, Spain in this case, to hand him a call-up to get to know the surroundings of international football!

This may have been mentioned but the ability to be able to place players wherevever we like on the tactics sceeen and not just set positions as somtimes it really bugs me

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but how about the ability to include load players as part of a transfer?

For example, lets say a small team in a lower division sell their brilliant goalie, how about getting their backup goalie on loan for the season as part of the original transfer deal?

Also how about being able to offer (for example) one brilliant (but sulky) striker in exchange for a few players? I know you can offer several players for one, but you can't do it in reverse?

Only two things more:

Improvement in the set peaces. More work with programed plays, functions for every player, ways or places to shot the corners,...set peaces are nowdays one of the most important and decisives aspects of the football.

The possibility to add managers, physios, fitness coaches, from one country using the ddt's files.

THanx!

This thread is too ridiculously long for me to even begin to have the time to search for what I would like to see, but simply put, i'd like to see players asking to learn off of a certain individual.

Right now, we can force players to learn from each other, but, why shouldnt an Under 19 player come to me and ask to learn off of my international pro-striker.

Just seems natural..

This is Football Manager, not Player Manager or Chairman Manager or Real-Estate Manager. What's TCM? Haven't heard about that. Must suck arse icon_biggrin.gif

Anyways.... I'd like to be able to compare staff too, not just players. I'm VERY satisfied with the new scouting system and constraints in it (can't travel to South America with AFC Crapville).

Do NOT, I repeat NOT, introduce 3D match-engine to FM. It will take away a lot of joy about the game. Every game with 3D is fun for about 1 day, then things get very repetitive and boring. Same tricks over and over again. We know that's impossible in real-life football. Therefore better to keep the 2D so we can imagine our crappy forward with 3 in dribbling putting the defence on its ass while passing them.

Another thing I want is a manager trophy cabinet. This is ridiculously easy to introduce so I hope it will be in FM08. Divide it by club in a drop-down box (as with history, for example).

Other than that the game is pretty darn good icon_smile.gif

Until the next time I lose of course, which is surely next game. Then I hate it icon_biggrin.gif

Okey, I've got an idea which I think would be very useful.

At the tactics screen, you should be able to select target man and playmaker by position, and not just by player. For example: If you use a 4-2-3-1 formation you of course want the one striker to act as the target man. Then you could simply select Target man: ST, instead of having to chose the stiker who happens to be picked for the game.

This would also work excellent with playmaker and throw-ins.

Here's a picture of how I've imagiend it to look: 6h8e3qt.jpg

Simply enough, you would just right click on the position of your choice, and select the role from the menu. My photoshop skills are not the best, but I hope the message got across.

Cheers!

Originally posted by Wienerschnitzel:

Oh, forgot you can't use the BBcodes here. Here's the link for all you lazy peole out there. http://i12.tinypic.com/6h8e3qt.jpg

Anyone who likes this idea?

Are the things that's posted here read by SI or sent to them in some way? I mean, is there acctually a chance that these things can be included in the upcoming game?

I quite like this idea! Marking down TM, throw-ins, etc ect through position can sometimes be much better way of going about than using actual playes. icon14.gif

In real life clubs will announce shortly after the end of the season which out of contract players they're going to release, and which they're going to offer new contracts to. Presently in FM when playing in England, players are only released after June 30th when their contracts actually expire. Because of that these players can only start looking for a new club after that date, as for a lot of them they'll only consider signing for the sort of teams that want them when they're free agents.

Obviously in real life a player will know in early May when the season ends whether he's wanted or not and if he's not he'll be negotiating with other clubs as though he's a free agent then. While human managers have the ability to release players early, the AI does not, and I feel it'd be more realistic for the AI to pay up the remainder of a player's contract early once the season is over if they plan to get rid of him.

I'm sure it has been said many times before but I'll do it again just because it is important for me!

I'm a journeyman manager, I like to manage clubs all over the world. So when I'm done with one club I want to go to another club. However right now you join a new club immediatly if they pick you. I would love an option which says; Manager X will join club X on july 1 after the current season. Because when I have decided to leave a club, I could still have a final to play, and it's all about those Hall of Fame points for me!

My apologies if my english isn't correct.

Instead of just holidaying games . . .

. . . it would be nice if we could hire managers. I realize the game is called "Football Manager" and not "Football General Manager" but . . .

. . . who cares what the name of it is. There's a few of us that enjoy a "holiday game" every now and then.

Archived