Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Training stats to actually go up icon_rolleyes.gif

Stats players have to actually be implemented during the match, (eg: pace = 19 my player being beaten by the opposistion who can run faster than a bullet with his pace at 10),

More training feedback,

More training options,

A 3d rep of your new stadium expansion (i'd like to see what my stadium looks like and to be able to see whats been added)

For lower divisions stop big clubs hassling you every 5 mins all season for the only decent player you have,

Less injuries (at one time playing my whole squad was injured and training was set on medium),

No more super goalies, sick of seeing "he somehow got his fingers to it" when the stats of that goalkeeper show that he couldn't make a save if the ball was a beachball,

Game speed (highlight speed) needs to be adjusted a little, full is to fast and just under full is too slow.

Maybe a few more sounds while your not watching a match,

Lots more commentary additions please, same sayings over and over again get repetitive and boring,

better sound for the crowd on match days, maybe some chanting etc

morale to be a little better, you win a match play a day or so then boom all your players morale is v.good from superb, stupid things make morale low to easy & fast.

devaluation of players injured or not played shouldn't go down so quickly,

would liuke alot more things to do during the news section, apart from just click from a small list that repeats itself,

lots more but my brain has froze, due to me writing all this bollox that most if not all peeps on this forum will disagree with lol

anyways feel free to rip me a new one

Ghost

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stats players have to actually be implemented during the match, (eg: pace = 19 my player being beaten by the opposistion who can run faster than a bullet with his pace at 10),

Alexander (Preston NE) played for Scotland against France, man marked Rubery out of the game! Now Alexander is the wrong end of 30 for a Wing Back, while Rubery is what in his 20's. Now, to man mark a player one thing you have to do is beat the man to the ball! So bottom line because you are regarded as having more pace than someone else does not mean you will never be beaten, in fact 9/10 you could be beaten as above!

Oh at the same time the Legend was doing the same on the other side, and Caldwell was doing so through the middle (but he is allot younger)

Anyway, like I said above.... only thing I would like sorted for the next instalment is International football, the rest for me can wait till 2009. I just want to get praise for doing the unthinkable with those Arch Rivals the Faroe Islands!

anyways feel free to rip me a new one

Ok.

1. Attributes do go up.

2. They already are, but there needs to be a bigger difference between 1 and 20.

3. Yes

4. Like what?

5. Not going to happen on two counts: a) it would cost a bomb, b) it's a waste of a programmer's time

6. That's realistic. You should have real trouble holding on to your best players.

7. Injuries are based on real life statistics

8. supergoalies don't exist. they were invented by people who aren't very good at the game and need something to blame for their crapness

9. more speeds = good

10. like what?

11. Yes, and the match report needs to be better

12. morale is fine imo

13. this is not something I've noticed

14. like what?

Originally posted by Daman:

* more intense Manager history eg a trophy room where your achievements are shown graphically eg Premiership trophy with times and years won and clicking on it to give you details of the season won a) table details b) top scorer etc etc ...

leagues and comps played in can be added as you have participated in as a manager.

Id just like a "one stop shop" in more detail of the managers achievements

yeah i'd also like to be able to keep a note pad on MYSELF, same as the rest of the players have. surely this would be easy to implement, and besides my ego cookies (wallowing in the times i won manager of the month) i could track my season notes in-game instead of having to create a separate word file.

Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">anyways feel free to rip me a new one

Ok.

1. Attributes do go up.

2. They already are, but there needs to be a bigger difference between 1 and 20.

3. Yes

4. Like what?

5. Not going to happen on two counts: a) it would cost a bomb, b) it's a waste of a programmer's time

6. That's realistic. You should have real trouble holding on to your best players.

8. supergoalies don't exist. they were invented by people who aren't very good at the game and need something to blame for their crapness

9. more speeds = good

10. like what?

12. morale is fine imo

14. like what? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm with you here Ackter and would just like to add that player valuations are very, very good and IMO frustrating as it is they drop at the right times.

Testimonials...

Let's say you're Man Utd and Giggs retire.

You would then have the option to click "suggest testimonial"... Then it would be the current squad vs a classic squad or a selected world squad. You could then invite players to participate via their profile...

I would love to see the editor make it really easy to activate lower leagues and make super leagues, maybe have a seperate editor specifically for download that uses a wizard to create other leagues. e.g. say you want all the American, Australian and Japanese teams in England. Instead of having to change club's nation and change all the cup competitions, the wizard will simply ask you who you want to swap with who, and do all the hard work for you! It would obviously mean that the last division and last positions would be a little screwed up, but once it's all sorted with nationalitys and cup competitions, you could go into the official editor and tie up loose ends.

I would also love to see certain "wish" competitions, that you could turn on or off at the start of the game, for instance, a "world club league" or a "european super league", this would of course, have an effect on your players condition, but it would be nice to try and win the european super league once you're knocked out of the champions league. Maybe also have the opportunity to create certain additional competitions thrugh a wizard at the start of the game. e.g. you would like to see the Australian champions, the MLS champions, the English champions and the Scottish champions take part in a tournament, you would have the option to set it up at the start of the game so it wuld happen every season.

Id like a few more youth people coming up when the supplies are low e.g currently spurs with only 6 in my under 18 and about 10 in my reserves. Only purchased three people yet i have a small amount of them maybe just a bad few years

Thanks for your feedback people, most of what i would like is probably lame and unuseable, the suggestions is just what i would like.

1. Attributes do go up.

1.a. Yes they do but i found they decrease alot more than increase. players go on hols and there stats are very very poor when they return, like a pro player could forget how to kick a ball just cause he is on holiday, fitness ok fair enough but shooting.

2.a. Totally agree, What i was trying to explain in my previous post was that: i have a player who is fast pace=19 would get caught up with when defenders are behind my player with there stats at pace=10

3. Yes

3.a. Yes also

4. Like what?

4.a. Maybe have sub catergories to tweak the finer tuning of training, Shooting could also have a second sub cat for shooting with head etc.

5.a. ok fair enough, would like to see something though even if it is a pic of your ground being done up, would like to see if the ground is oval, inclosed, outdoor stadium etc.

6.a. Being spammed every new news window asking how much for and enquiry about from mostly the same clubs (even when i say no 100 times) is not realistsic.

7.a. Not always, like i said; once my whole squad, i'm talking about 18 players all injured and for most injured for 2-3 months, that is not realistic. to my knowledge never ever happend in any clubs history i know of.

8.a. Yes they do, from every side i've played against the goalies have the game of there lives each and everytime they play you, played against my nephew online and there you can see the difference, on a side note i got stockport from div2 too the prem div, so i guess i'm not that crappy after all.

9. more speeds = good

9.a. Yes

10. like what?

10.a. like sounds dude SOUNDS, ok just messin, not too sure myself to be honest but the game seems a little dry without some kind of sounds during none game parts, maybe just me but heyhoo

11.a. Totally, lots and lots more

12. morale is fine imo

12.a. the players get demoralised way to easy, anything and everything sets them off.

13.a. don't play a class, expensive player for a half/season and see how much they devaluate by.

14. like what?

14.a. make more options rather than just a small list, have a lot more answers to choose from, also after the match an interview would be nice where you could have a live feed asking you questions like in the real. basically an after match reaction live on air (if you catch my drift.

Thanks again for the replies, and now you can rip me another one if you so wish.

Ghost

Originally posted by ryan harris:

I seem to have a lot more goals disallowed than the computer so a more balanced view would be better.

What do you mean by that, you want the game to actively seek to disallow opposition goals? Some teams will naturally get more disallowed goals because of the way they play, I don't think the game should purposely make it so all teams get around the same number, that would just be fixing matches. Or have I misunderstood what you said?

Apologies for not making it clear. But what I meant was that the computer seems to get away with a lot more debatable decisions. For example offsides that should be given against the computer aren't and offsides that are given against me when they shouldn't be.

Apologies for not making it clear. But what I meant was that the computer seems to get away with a lot more debatable decisions. For example offsides that should be given against the computer aren't and offsides that are given against me when they shouldn't be.

If you think the game is biased against you, you are wrong.

Well the AI sees no difference between the human team and the AI team and calculates both equally so it is not the case that the match engine is purposely looking to let the AI get away with more. I t is probably bad luck, or like I said tactics can reate more situations where you are likely to have a goal disallowed. For example, if your tactics are to use a quick striker who beats the offside trap then you will get more disallowed goals than someone who tries to dribble past the defence.

1.All "greys " should have ability of 1 and single digit abilities , no more "uber grays" for big clubs.

2.Seriously tone down AI goalkeepers.No more 10 saves in a game.

3. Unavailable for transfer means AI will not bid no matter what.

4.Tone down AI scouting system so it is possible for big clubs to sing potential crap or make PA CA visible to human players.

5.Don't regenerate crappy youngsters , PA 70 players will never play in any European club, not even in Malta , stop waisting my save/load time and HDD space.

6.Replay match button , no reload required.

7.Option to own a club, i hate to be judged by stupid AI owners.

8.More versalite tactics , "tone down tempo to score more goals" it is funny but annoying.

9.Eliminate freebies , no more stupid passing & goalie dribbling infront of opposition's strikers .

10.Realistic prices for all players , 5m to buy a player from Finland? since when?

11.Since you have no idea how to set up the calendar so you will not miss all your players because of "all star game" or starting CL final using grays because your Mexican CDs have to play a CONCAFF game : Whenever an international game (or other) is set at the same date with a club's match all players play for the club, international appearances only on free dates.

12.Unemployed players with no bids do sing up for your team instead of waiting ages for someone to sign them.

thank you for your space.

Originally posted by Alalzia:

1.All "greys " should have ability of 1 and single digit abilities , no more "uber grays" for big clubs.

agree, all the players at big clubs--or any club you actually play against--should be 'real'. even if you don't include their league in your game.

i think it's more a matter of toning down the number of shots to a realistic level; can't think of too many games where a team got 20-30 shots.

sorta like happened with owen hargreaves right? not a good idea BUT something needs to be done about those stupid, repetitive, useless queries.

4.Tone down AI scouting system so it is possible for big clubs to sing potential crap or make PA CA visible to human players.

i think it is skewed a bit wherein both your scouts (if you have good ones) and the other teams get a good idea of how much potential a player has. but i don't think there's an imbalance wherein the human player needs to be granted special favors, it's easy enough as it is to find and sign good players.

5.Don't regenerate crappy youngsters , PA 70 players will never play in any European club, not even in Malta , stop waisting my save/load time and HDD space.

well if you don't KNOW they're pa 70 then they make the game more interesting. but only if the AI teams don't know they'll grow up to be crap as well.

why????

? not sure what purpose that'd serve.

8.More versalite tactics , "tone down tempo to score more goals" it is funny but annoying.

i think the tactics are versatile enough but hte interface can be a bit counterintuitive.

9.Eliminate freebies , no more stupid passing & goalie dribbling infront of opposition's strikers .

they shouldn't be eliminated--they do happen--but toned down a bit. my team rarely give up the Stupid Freebie but if i'm going to win (or lose) cheaply i'd rather win (or lose) on an official's largesse than on a stupid backpass own goal etc.

10.Realistic prices for all players , 5m to buy a player from Finland? since when?

pricing system can still stand to improve but i think it's better than previous versions.

11.Since you have no idea how to set up the calendar so you will not miss all your players because of "all star game" or starting CL final using grays because your Mexican CDs have to play a CONCAFF game : Whenever an international game (or other) is set at the same date with a club's match all players play for the club, international appearances only on free dates.

agree but not completely, i'd like to see it happen occasionally but more in line with reality. never heard of south american or concacaf players missing the champs' league final because of some international obligation.

12.Unemployed players with no bids do sing up for your team instead of waiting ages for someone to sign them.

no high-reputation players should refuse to sign for crap teams even if they're unemployed. it is not perfect now but it's way better than in the first version of 2k6 wherein harry kewell at age 29 or so signed for my league 1 side. surely he could have found better employment than that.

rather than make them easier to sign, the good players should get signed by someone somewhere more quickly perhaps.

Sorry but i have no idea how to quote in here

zeusbheld:i think it's more a matter of toning down the number of shots to a realistic level; can't think of too many games where a team got 20-30 shots.

I mostly reffer to situations where you dominate the game and AI wins the match with 1 shot , it can happened but not again and again like in fm2007.More efficiency will remove the annoyance

zeusbheldsorta like happened with owen hargreaves right? not a good idea BUT something needs to be done about those stupid, repetitive, useless queries.

Keep on clicking for sales, loans is a waste of time, if the player likes to move in another club that wants him he can always politely ask you for it or just he will not extent his contruct.

zeusbheldi think it is skewed a bit wherein both your scouts (if you have good ones) and the other teams get a good idea of how much potential a player has. but i don't think there's an imbalance wherein the human player needs to be granted special favors, it's easy enough as it is to find and sign good players.

Player should not have special favor neither should AI , have you ever see Valencia signing a PA 130 player? i have never see that when in reality it happents all the time , not to mention your scouts prefering worthless poo over real talented youngsters.

zeusbheldwell if you don't KNOW they're pa 70 then they make the game more interesting. but only if the AI teams don't know they'll grow up to be crap as well.

Again AI getting advantage is the issue but i prefer not getting any youngster from getting C serie Mongolian League future stars, dont give them to AI either.

zeusbheldwhy????

Because i hate to reload games i lost because AI cheated the hell out of me and because i am not sure that the "freebies" and the "super AI goalies" will be fixed

zeusbheldnot sure what purpose that'd serve.

Somewhere to spend the money you earn as a coach, mostly flavor icon_smile.gif

zeusbheldthey shouldn't be eliminated--they do happen--but toned down a bit. my team rarely give up the Stupid Freebie but if i'm going to win (or lose) cheaply i'd rather win (or lose) on an official's largesse than on a stupid backpass own goal etc.

I think this will make the game more realistic, no freebies either for you or the AI , "put your goalie to long pass" is not realistic way to solve things .

zeusbheldagree but not completely, i'd like to see it happen occasionally but more in line with reality. never heard of south american or concacaf players missing the champs' league final because of some international obligation.

Try Greek league, after the 3rd year top club's player s( i do mean all of them not injured)miss 2nd fixture because of "all star game" , the thing with the mexicans happened to other leagues as well.I know this is not realistic but they never seem to fix it since CM1998

zeusbheldno high-reputation players should refuse to sign for crap teams even if they're unemployed. it is not perfect now but it's way better than in the first version of 2k6 wherein harry kewell at age 29 or so signed for my league 1 side. surely he could have found better employment than that.

It is employment versus unempoyment, i mean players who have no contruct offers

thank you for the reply Sir

And something else, only clubs in the stock market pay dividents and only if they have profits, losing 1/3 of your money into a black hole is nice for a sci-fi game but not for a soccer manager.

I thought of a couple ideas which could have already been covered.

I would there to be some sort of promotion/relegation of all lower non leagues (i.e the one's below playable leagues), this might ensure that over the course of a long game, new and different teams may get promoted to a playable league. teams from the ryman/unibond/southern premier never go down to be replaced by others it seems at the moment.

This would simply be done in the background at the start of a season

I also get annoyed at the restrictions on staff numbers, even with loads of money in the bank and below the wage budget you still can't hire more staff, i feel this is unrealistic and more flexability should be given by the chairman on this, especially if you have a high financial control rating. Maybe be able to demand the chairman lets you have more staff same as more wages etc.

I would like to see you able to employ a total number of staff and appoint however many of each type as you wanted. E.g say at English Conf Nat level have a level of 12 staff, you could employ 6 coaches, 2 physio's and 4 scouts or 3 coaches, 1 physio and 8 scouts. Basically however you wanted to distribute them.

Forgive the slightly long post, but I've never posted in this thread before...

More Fog of War options

The ability to hide contract details in addition to attributes of lesser known players (and staff) in certain situations

In-Game Updated Rivalries

Pretty self-explanatory. I don't think at the end of Dafuge's challenge, your team would still be at loggerheads with only Conference sides.

Watching Matches

Maybe add the option to "view" and "attend" matches. This would allow a manager to do some self-scouting on players, and perhaps raise some speculation regarding transfers, etc. Or inspire players to perform should a national team manager be watching for call-ups.

International Management and Player Interaction

Perhaps something along the lines of...

Michael Owen > Player Interaction > National Team

A - Tell Owen he needs to be playing more to be elected for the national squad

B - Tell Owen he needs to improve to be selected for the national squad

C - Tell Owen he needs to move clubs to be selected for the national squad

D - Tell Owen he is on the fringes of the national squad

England boss Billy Bob today spoke to news reporters outside Wembley stadium, addressing the issue of England striker Michael Owen's selection for the national side.

In the brief interview, Bob stated that...

A: Owen needed more games under his belt to be seriously considered for the side.

B: Owen needed to play much better for his club side before he could call him up for the next international fixture

C: Owen needs to rethink his club career as playing at Club X would do him no favours in the England camp

D: Owen is among those on the fringes of the squad and has a good chance of making the cut if he continues to perform well

etc etc etc.

Of course, the different responses would have different reactions (depending on other factors like determination, favoured personnel, etc as well) from several parties like the FA, the player in question, other England players, Owen's club, etc.

Originally posted by -Ghost-:

Thanks for your feedback people, most of what i would like is probably lame and unuseable, the suggestions is just what i would like.

1. Attributes do go up.

1.a. Yes they do but i found they decrease alot more than increase. players go on hols and there stats are very very poor when they return, like a pro player could forget how to kick a ball just cause he is on holiday, fitness ok fair enough but shooting.

2.a. Totally agree, What i was trying to explain in my previous post was that: i have a player who is fast pace=19 would get caught up with when defenders are behind my player with there stats at pace=10

3. Yes

3.a. Yes also

4. Like what?

4.a. Maybe have sub catergories to tweak the finer tuning of training, Shooting could also have a second sub cat for shooting with head etc.

5.a. ok fair enough, would like to see something though even if it is a pic of your ground being done up, would like to see if the ground is oval, inclosed, outdoor stadium etc.

6.a. Being spammed every new news window asking how much for and enquiry about from mostly the same clubs (even when i say no 100 times) is not realistsic.

7.a. Not always, like i said; once my whole squad, i'm talking about 18 players all injured and for most injured for 2-3 months, that is not realistic. to my knowledge never ever happend in any clubs history i know of.

8.a. Yes they do, from every side i've played against the goalies have the game of there lives each and everytime they play you, played against my nephew online and there you can see the difference, on a side note i got stockport from div2 too the prem div, so i guess i'm not that crappy after all.

9. more speeds = good

9.a. Yes

10. like what?

10.a. like sounds dude SOUNDS, ok just messin, not too sure myself to be honest but the game seems a little dry without some kind of sounds during none game parts, maybe just me but heyhoo

11.a. Totally, lots and lots more

12. morale is fine imo

12.a. the players get demoralised way to easy, anything and everything sets them off.

13.a. don't play a class, expensive player for a half/season and see how much they devaluate by.

14. like what?

14.a. make more options rather than just a small list, have a lot more answers to choose from, also after the match an interview would be nice where you could have a live feed asking you questions like in the real. basically an after match reaction live on air (if you catch my drift.

Thanks again for the replies, and now you can rip me another one if you so wish.

Ghost

1. That just represents lack of fitness during the off season. A few weeks of training and they'll be back to normal.

4. Personally I would like to be completely hands on. I want to be able to tell my players exactly how to train, like we could a few years ago. This should be integrated with the current simplistic version though, so you only need to go into detail if you want to.

5. What we need is a place to upload our own pictures to. Say a space on the info screen (or on a whole new stadium info screen) where we can have stadium pics added, like the current player pics can be.

6. Yeah that's just an annoying bug

7. if you have a saved game of that injury crises then post about it in the bugs forum if you can please

8. they really don't. there's nothing in the match engine that seperates the AI from the human managers. it treats both in exactly the same way. there's certain tactics that make it much more likely to happen though, so that's what you should be looking at.

13. If you're not playing him for half a season then of course he's going to devaluate. no-one is going to pay full price for someone who doesn't play.

14. wouldn't that get incredibly annoying after a while? I'd hate to have to answer a list of questions after every match.

I seem to have a lot more goals disallowed than the computer so a more balanced view would be better.

I have highlighted the important word in that sentence.

1. definitly no úber greys, but all 1s is taking it too far. All grey players should be a certain percentage of ability less than the worst player at that club.

2. AI goalkeepers are exactly the same as human ones. there's absolutely nothing in the match engine that provides a bias.

3. Unavailable should only mean "no matter what" unless the AI club is desperate for that player, in which case their bids should reflect that. No £5m bids for £5m players.

4. It does happen to some extent already, but not enough.

5. Youngsters are generated to stay similar to the database at game start. It's to provide a balanced footballing world.

6. No. If you want to cheat then you have to put up with the wait.

7. Football Manager, not Football Chairman.

8. Tactics are already versatile if you know how to use them.

9. Just like in real life you mean?

10.It's a seller's market. If you don;'t think the player is worth £5m then don't pay that for him.

11. annoying and should hopefully be fixed

12. depends on how good them and you are.

and just for emphasis:

THE AI DOESN'T CHEAT AND THERE'S NO SUCH THINGS AS SUPER GOALIES FFS

Originally posted by Ackter:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alalzia:

1. definitly no úber greys, but all 1s is taking it too far. All grey players should be a certain percentage of ability less than the worst player at that club.

2. AI goalkeepers are exactly the same as human ones. there's absolutely nothing in the match engine that provides a bias.

3. Unavailable should only mean "no matter what" unless the AI club is desperate for that player, in which case their bids should reflect that. No £5m bids for £5m players.

4. It does happen to some extent already, but not enough.

5. Youngsters are generated to stay similar to the database at game start. It's to provide a balanced footballing world.

6. No. If you want to cheat then you have to put up with the wait.

7. Football Manager, not Football Chairman.

8. Tactics are already versatile if you know how to use them.

9. Just like in real life you mean?

10.It's a seller's market. If you don;'t think the player is worth £5m then don't pay that for him.

11. annoying and should hopefully be fixed

12. depends on how good them and you are.

and just for emphasis:

THE AI DOESN'T CHEAT AND THERE'S NO SUCH THINGS AS SUPER GOALIES ffs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said a nauty word

hmm.. i think that SI should work a little more the Transfers engine..

1- because i think its difficult to send players on loan, in real life there is always anyone interested..in FM no ones want my players on loan (and no..some of them are not rubbish)..

2- I think that we should be able to do some

partnership with some investor group (like MSI..) to buy/loan players..

Let's say that when I've won the Premiership and there are still 3 games to go and decide to rest my players. Then I think that morale shouldn't be lowered if I lose the game because the players must be able to see this point and react more intelligently to a loss when you've already won the league and the rest of the matches are unimportant.

Also I could be great if you get a job at another club that could ask your assistant manager if he would follow you to the new club as seen IRL.

I would be pleased to see some variety in the match commentary. For instance instead of the usual (and quite irritating) "After a quick glance at the referee he decidedes not to lift his shirt" I would like to see players, maybe with low decision attribute (unintelligent and young maybe), actually lifting their shirt off and recieving the yellow card.

Another really cool feature could be, inspired by the likes FIFA and the other football games to actually have commentators speaking in real audio at the game, it should be possible, shouldn't it? Maybe possible if the commentary doesn't say the actual names or maybe only the famous ones, I'm not sure.

As read somehwere else it could also be a great feature to set the players on the bench warming up to create pressure on the players on the field and to make the players on the bench ready if they were to be substituted.

I have also thought about making sort of playing adaptability to each country or region of football. I mean we've seen it all before with the likes of Kanouté and Forlan - they play horrible in the Premiership and then become class players in Spain and why is that there are no English players playing in the major leagues of Europe except England (when Beckham leaves Real)

Therefore it could be something like, taking the example of Beckham:

General adaptability: 15 (how good he is adapting the specific football of a region, not how good he is at settling at a new country and Beckham seems all right)

Playing adaptability:

British football: 20 (I mean he's English and played for Man Utd in many years)

Scandinavian Football: 0 (He's never played there)

South American Football: 0 (same)

Southern European Football: 17 (Playing for real for some years)

and so on, I hope you get the point.

I feel this is missing in Football Manager and yet is very relevant and maybe why a player like Forlan has a hard time in England and why Deco not would move to England because it would suit his playing style, for instance dwelling more on the ball.

I've not thought exactly how this could be done but I feel it's something they should work on.

If a player general is good adopting the football in the country or maybe has played there earlier in his career he would succeed right away.

I know there's already the adaptability but that's more about settling in the area, this should be settling to the style of football and maybe influecing players not being that keen on a move to a country he's afraid he'll have a long time to settle in football wise.

The regions should be connected when the style football is pretty much the same and international caps should maybe create more knowledge of the football in different countries. High determination and ambition should also help them learning to suceed in the new country as well as fellow players from their country should ease the process.

I don't really know how it is right now but I maybe think that international games should make the mental attributes a bit better.

I've also felt that consistency shouldn't be hidden, I mean it's not secret that a player like JJ Ocacha isn't the most consistent player in the world.

I would also like to make the 20 in an attribute something really really special that only maybe 1,2,3,4 in the world has. For instance 20 in dribling to Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and that's it. So that when you see the 20 you know it's really a special player.

Well that were just my few thoughts on improvements icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Jules H.:

Also I could be great if you get a job at another club that could ask your assistant manager if he would follow you to the new club as seen IRL.

You can already do this. As soon as you take the new job just get rid of your new assistant by mutual termination and offer your old assistant the job.

I would be pleased to see some variety in the match commentary. For instance instead of the usual (and quite irritating) "After a quick glance at the referee he decidedes not to lift his shirt" I would like to see players, maybe with low decision attribute (unintelligent and young maybe), actually lifting their shirt off and recieving the yellow card.

This would be quite good if done well, and would add a bit of variation.

Another really cool feature could be, inspired by the likes FIFA and the other football games to actually have commentators speaking in real audio at the game, it should be possible, shouldn't it? Maybe possible if the commentary doesn't say the actual names or maybe only the famous ones, I'm not sure.

This feature wouldn't bother me because to be honest I never have the sounds on. If it took up any extra memory or any of SI's time that could be spent doing anything else then I definitely wouldn't want this. And to be honest, the less like Fifa it is the better icon_smile.gif

As read somehwere else it could also be a great feature to set the players on the bench warming up to create pressure on the players on the field and to make the players on the bench ready if they were to be substituted.

I'm pretty sure this already happens. Check next time you play and you sometimes see some of your subs moving up and down the touch line as if they're warming up.

I have also thought about making sort of playing adaptability to each country or region of football. I mean we've seen it all before with the likes of Kanouté and Forlan - they play horrible in the Premiership and then become class players in Spain and why is that there are no English players playing in the major leagues of Europe except England (when Beckham leaves Real)

Not sure about this, I think adaptability works pretty well as it is, and is tied in with other mental attributes. I've definitely signed players who've taken a little while to adapt to my team/league.

I don't really know how it is right now but I maybe think that international games should make the mental attributes a bit better.

Agreed, mental attributes do increase over time but it would be quite nice to see experience, rather than PA, have more of an effect on these particular attributes.

I've also felt that consistency shouldn't be hidden, I mean it's not secret that a player like JJ Ocacha isn't the most consistent player in the world.

You can get an idea of a players consistancy by scouting him or looking over his past performances, just like you would in real life.

I would also like to make the 20 in an attribute something really really special that only maybe 1,2,3,4 in the world has. For instance 20 in dribling to Christiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and that's it. So that when you see the 20 you know it's really a special player.

Dribbling of 20 is not the only attribute needed to make an excellent dribbler. Acceleration, techniqe etc are also needed so I don't think this is an issue. The attributes have been toned down nicely in '07 imo and it's all about having the right combination of attributes.

some small good news about those irritating queries: i figured out that you can safely ignore them if you want to, and they'll just go away.

one thing i'd REALLY like to see is being able to tell the board WHY you want a feeder club. for example, for work permits. or if it's to generate youth players, i'd like it if you could suggest a region, maybe in some cases country, where you want a feeder club.

my board seem to think that all the best players come from places like qatar and saudi arabia, that's where they suggest getting feeder clubs. and the idiots specifically suggested a rather humble spanish club for work permits---yet the club cannot accept non-EU players! annoying.

Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I would be pleased to see some variety in the match commentary. For instance instead of the usual (and quite irritating) "After a quick glance at the referee he decidedes not to lift his shirt" I would like to see players, maybe with low decision attribute (unintelligent and young maybe), actually lifting their shirt off and recieving the yellow card.

This would be quite good if done well, and would add a bit of variation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree on the variety in commentary. i'd also like to see more informative commentary a) when a shot is missed b) on controversial plays. and i'd like the commentators to be wrong sometimes, depending on how good they are (like the refs).

as to shirt lifting, if that's added i want to be able to manage women's internationals. i have fond memories of brandi chastain.

Saying that the AI does not cheat you mean that the game does not know which the human controlled team is?

Pretty much accurate. The game does not distinguish between Player and AI-controlled teams on match-day.

Originally posted by Xennaz:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alalzia:

Saying that the AI does not cheat you mean that the game does not know which the human controlled team is?

Pretty much accurate. The game does not distinguish between Player and AI-controlled teams on match-day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this has been corroborated by posters who've had a look at the code. of course... they could just be part of the conspiracy...

I have several wishes for the next game, and have finally found the thread to put them in! Apologies if some (probably most of these ideas have been put down but i really am not gonna read through 22 pages!)

Part 1.Staff

<LI>Please can staff have clearer attributes; i am guessing that their ability counts i.e current and potential but i have signed so many technical or attacking coaches with world class reputations who then have 1 or 2 stars when its their only role. Surely that cant be right?

<LI>Please can staff have attributes for set pieces and shooting?

<LI>How about a wage budget for staff or size of back-room staff agreed at start of season. The board clearly have a view on it but often i want one more. There would be discussion on that point in real life!

<LI>Please Please Please can we have less poaching of staff. I am sick and tired of losing staff to other clubs. 1) Staff movements aren't (or dont appear to be) all that common APART from when new managers take over and then its usually people they worked with previously. 2) Staff so often turn you down based on wage yet sign for another team for far less money and 3) It may be a bug but i am always managing to agree new contracts with them (usually paying 10k plus sign on) only for the same club who was trying to poach them to do it all over again in the very next message!

<LI>Does the assistant manager need to be star graded or should they have other qualities? I like organising the training but like the idea of setting the A.Manager to watch over everything however this quite often gives them 1/2 stars for each area

<LI>When we get the A.Manager training reports can they also have reasons. Quite often returning injured players get bad monthly training reports, would be good to caveat these reports. Also could we have good/bad trainers by schedules?

<LI>It would be good for A.Managers to warn if stats are waining. I like defenders to defend and set their schedule to do so but thats obviously as the detriment of attacking skills. Would be good if the A.Manager warned of this and even suggested the adjustment?

Can coach/A.Manager player reports be very in depth scout reports but with a wider basis. i.e. not likely to be as good as the best player in their position but better than x and y. Likely to be good enough to help the club play in europe or just squad rotation etc and over what period say next season or 4 years. I like the new scouting format and would love to see it applied to the coaches.

<LI>The A.Manager should suggest allowing X player to go on loan rather than playing reserves.

Pt.2 Scouts

<LI>Can we have head scouts as most clubs do? They could be the ones sent to scout specific players, collate the suggested players maybe on a monthly basis (doesn't always have to have recommended players) and also suggest competitions that might be worth scouting i.e. the world cup

<LI>Reports by catagories i.e. young starlets with big potential, players likely to improve squad if not the first team, players who would just add to squad depth but are available etc

<LI>Please can there be a generic filter for scouting? i.e i want all my scouts to concentrate on player 16-24 who are EU Nationals or would get work permits etc etc.

Individual scout filters could have a tick box to deviate from the generic wish.

<LI>Continual scouting of regions?

<LI>When advertising for scouts be able to request that scouts with experience of say scandanavia apply to ensure you are actually benefiting your global knowledge?

Pt 3. Squads

<LI>Clubs with decent acadamies to have visible but not available players. Players to watch, get reports on etc. Most clubs have U12's upwards but realistically U15, U16 & U17 before professional contracts.

<LI>Staff assigned to the acadamy rather than specific youth schedules

<LI>End of season reports for each squad (more for young squads) for marked improvement, player of the year etc.

<LI>Player of the year awards to be done for last home game of the season

<LI>Far better youth intake reports (i.e. a decent report for each player.) Some players would come from U16 U17 in the acadamy, some may come from other areas of the country?

<LI>Please can we have more interaction where youth/reserve games are concerned? Weekly requests for players for games. i.e Reserves may have a game and request X, Y and Z player. Manager is then given a view of the weeks fixtures, reserves tuesday night, senior team free/playing on X day to help make the decision

Pt 4 Player Histories

Can this areas please be looked at as it drives me insane cause it looks so ****!

<LI>Can the main history screen please revert to career stats with a filter button for people to customise whether it is all, league, cups, europe etc. Maybe a view button to show by club?

<LI>Please can we have one line per season. The screen gets far too cluttered when it starts listing lines for loans and transfers etc. Even an expandable [+] would be better!

A better answer in my view would be to have the season stats, games played, blah blah on the main screen and then have a series of tabs or a view button for other info to break it down. Please Please Please can we have a column for subs appearances rather than brackets!

Have clear areas for info such as loans, transfers etc (i guess i envisage some of the screens looking a bit like the injury or achievement tabs.)

A screen with like the managers would be good with longest time at club, number of clubs, achievements etc.

But just keeping too much info off of one screen will make it look better.

<LI>Better link to the editor - the only thing i ever edit is player histories because they drive me mad (pointless task when you think that only covers the start of the game) The commentary should reflect the screens etc. I edited a friends game once and put a few players as youngsters at their club, although their history said they'd never played for anyone else the commentary about them said things like the former arsenal player etc

Pt 5. Players

<LI>Fitness tests for orange Inj players prior to games. Manager to submit candidates; players to provide willingness to play?

<LI>Player interaction which is not necessary press linked - managers would normally defend players in the press but behind closed doors give honest feed back about performances. Not all discussions about futures would be in the press though some would leak!

<LI>Managers to be able to set an automatic discipline structure - fines for violent behaviour, warnings for first dismissal fine for second etc. If club appeals successfully then discipline is recinded

<LI>Ability to advise players you aren't renewing contracts or will make a decision about their contract later? Just withdrawing contract 6, 3, 1 month before doesn't seem very moral!

<LI>Interaction to advise players being listed that you will be offering their services. Especially with youngsters clubs will try and help find them a new club yet quite often i have had discruntled players because they are being offered (even though listed for sale)

<LI>Re-introduce the interested, not interest, partially interested option from previous versions. I know most players can be pursuaded but sometimes you dont want a six month fight or pay 10 times their salary!

<LI>Limit player positions to key positions i.e. LB not LB/WBL - it looks scruffy and isn't all that useful considering if you search for a WB they'll come up cause of the positions tab in their profile.

Pt 6. Media

<LI>More pre/post match conferences with more options. Local media especially always reports in depth on injuries, form, relationships mind games etc

<LI>More response options and better outcomes from using them. Being respectful shouldn't lower your loyalty.

<LI>be able to highlight good players from generic match previews. I think we'll win but we need to watch "X player" (drop down list in message option?)

<LI>Not all media stuff need be sensational

<LI>Player interviews around upcoming games, games just gone

<LI>Players coming out in defence of their boss if performances aren't good

Pt 7. The editor (just to be complete!) Cheating aint right but if the editors there it should have the functionality

<LI>Be able to set players to Home Grown. To set up a new experience i put a load of new youngsters at the club with a variety of - figures for future ability but wasn't able to make them home grown which was a pain when ultimately we were in Europe

<LI>Re-introduce the tutorial or pop up indicators with useful info on them

<LI>Clearer staff stats for editing staff

<LI>If you use the club swap stat then can the previous positions, league history tables etc change too?

<LI>Future transfer clauses (percentage sell on etc)

Thats it for now, I hope SI get a chance to read these. I love the game but would love to see some of these improvements added

Originally posted by Xennaz:

Forgive the slightly long post, but I've never posted in this thread before...

International Management and Player Interaction

Perhaps something along the lines of...

Michael Owen > Player Interaction > National Team

A - Tell Owen he needs to be playing more to be elected for the national squad

B - Tell Owen he needs to improve to be selected for the national squad

C - Tell Owen he needs to move clubs to be selected for the national squad

D - Tell Owen he is on the fringes of the national squad

England boss Billy Bob today spoke to news reporters outside Wembley stadium, addressing the issue of England striker Michael Owen's selection for the national side.

In the brief interview, Bob stated that...

A: Owen needed more games under his belt to be seriously considered for the side.

B: Owen needed to play much better for his club side before he could call him up for the next international fixture

C: Owen needs to rethink his club career as playing at Club X would do him no favours in the England camp

D: Owen is among those on the fringes of the squad and has a good chance of making the cut if he continues to perform well

etc etc etc.

Of course, the different responses would have different reactions (depending on other factors like determination, favoured personnel, etc as well) from several parties like the FA, the player in question, other England players, Owen's club, etc.

This is a great idea. I'm managing Jamaica, and I've got too many players sitting on benches at club level, then not being fit enough for internationals.

Any maybe if an international player is approached for a transfer, the player can ask you for your opinions in regards to their international chances.

zeusbheldno high-reputation players should refuse to sign for crap teams even if they're unemployed. it is not perfect now but it's way better than in the first version of 2k6 wherein harry kewell at age 29 or so signed for my league 1 side. surely he could have found better employment than that.

It is employment versus unempoyment, i mean players who have no contruct offers

i don't think it's that simple, really. if tom cruise, who normally gets about US$50MM per movie, doesn't get offered a movie, for over a year, and has nothing to do, he's hardly going to fly to bangkok to work on a music video for US$1K. even if he never works again. that's how it works in the real world, that's how it should work in FM.

WE all know most teams are associated with a certain colour. Liverpool with Red, Everton with Blue etc etc.

However I think at some level the user should be able to change the away shirt colour of his team at least after one season.

Originally posted by Joe Singh:

WE all know most teams are associated with a certain colour. Liverpool with Red, Everton with Blue etc etc.

However I think at some level the user should be able to change the away shirt colour of his team at least after one season.

The manager's job has nothing to do with the kits. If you really want it to be a different colour you can just use the editor.

I havent read through the 22 pages on here yet, so apologises if my suggestions have already been added.

* When the chairman accepts an offer for a player you wouldn't want to sell. - You should be able to say to the chairman that you will walk if the deal happens. Sometimes he may tell you to walk, but others he may pull the plug on the deal.

* Managers agent - I think the manager(you) should have a agent. So when other clubs start sniffing around you, you can use your agent to discuss a deal and speak on your behalf.

* Moving clubs - When you move clubs you should be able to bring your backroom staff with you as part of negoitions when discussing the contract with the club who want you.

* Formation - I would prefer it if you could tweak with the players positions more on the formation screen. You could have a for example a 'left back zone' so if the player is put anywhere into that zone he would become a leftback. This allows you to tweak things a bit more.

* Transfers - It would be nice if you could give a club you are in negotions with a 'take it or leave it option' after a few bids where they keep coming back to you. (i realise you have the non-negotable option, but it would be a bit more realistic if this option appeared after say bids)

* Player interaction - You should be able to interact better with players. Options like 'put a arm around player' or 'give player a kick up the butt'. Also when player is coming end to contract you could say he will be released to him, or tell him your waiting for end of season to review contracts

* selling players - Sometimes you wont get bids for players even though you are giving them away for free. Ive had players worth millions who i no longer want, but cant even give them away. In RL this would very very rarely happen. Yet i have this every season

Club Diary

I did suggest something like this a while ago, SI have said that this is an area they are looking to improve on, something similar to the OOTP diary currently in use.

However, I do agree that the game doesn't seem to put internationals on at a sensible time. I've had CL finals where 5 players have been missing due to international call-ups.

Improved transfer negotiations

Recently I was trying to buy a player, he was worth £200k, but I only had £90k. The AI were willing to negotiate over "performance" payments (I.E. Promotion, goals etc), however they wouldn't accept less than £100k as an initial payment. Well, due to me not having that extra £10k I couldn't sign him.

So, perhaps we could mark certain parts of a transfer negotiation as "non-negotiable"

So, say I were to buy this player with this idea.

AI - Wants:

Initial payment - £100k

Promotion - £50k

20 Goals - £30k

30 Appearances - £30k

Total - £210k.

ME - Has

Initial payment - £90k NN (Non-negotiable)

Promotion - £60k N (Negotiable)

20 Goals - £30k N (Negotiable)

30 Appearances - £30k N (Negotiable)

Total £210k

So the AI should know how much we're willing/able to pay for each part of a transfer payment and will stop wasting time asking for too much money on certain parts.

Also, if the AI kept including monthly payments, we could mark that as NN (Non-Negotiable) to show that we're not willing to include that in transfer negotiations.

Originally posted by supa_smiffy:

Then I suggest you and he go and read the rules.

and the rules say "Please search before you post as there may be a similar post elsewhere"

not "If you post something that has been posted before, you will be beaten to a pulp and forever be the gimp of supa_smiffy"

Maybe he couldn't find it,..........twat

Originally posted by dmxdex2020:

Id like to see less bugs for the finished version delay it if ya have too SI. icon_smile.gif

How about this for a suggestion to the above, test the version you believe to be complete, on the 20-25 people earliest registered (and still active contributors) to these forums for 1 month prior to scheduled release, and they wont be long in telling you of bugs and glitches etc. it wouldn't cost much and would benefit in the long run, given the amount of people who refrain form buying the game until the usual january updates or release.

Jock. You play FM differently than I play FM, if I were to test the game then I wouldn't probably find the same bugs as you would.

Bugs occur and will always occur, every PC game that is released has them, the best that can happen is that testing is done to minimise them and for SI to realise these bugs and release a patch/patches.

Archived