Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Don't know if this has been mentuioned.

I would like to have a physio report on players that pick up an injury duing the game, but are not taken off automatically. It should give me some indication whether i should take him off immediately or continue

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Paddus

This is probably mentioned to, but I find it ridicoulous that you can know more about scouted players than your own. For example you can get a long in-depth report on a 16 year old playing in africa, but your own english 18 year olds are only reported as decent players and such...

Guest Paddus

This is probably mentioned too, but I find it ridicoulous that you can know more about scouted players than your own. For example you can get a long in-depth report on a 16 year old playing in africa, but your own english 18 year olds are only reported as decent players and such...

Now in correct thread. How about prospective manager interviews?

If you're applying to a club much bigger than what you've normally managed, or you have a chequered history, then the club’s board could invite you to an interview rather than rejecting you out of hand. It gives you that extra chance of managing a big club.

The club could ask you a number of questions and you would have to pick from multiple choice answers. Now different boards have different needs and expectations, so you could not be able to get away with giving the same answer every time you were asked a specific question because what’s a good answer for one club might be a poor answer for another.

So for say Derby, you might be asked “What type of players would you bring to the club, a couple of high profile superstars or a larger number of more solid Premiership players?†Now the right answer for Derby might be more solid players, whereas a bigger club with greater ambition, such as Tottenham or Newcastle might want superstars. But there again, depending on past form and who’s running the club at the time, you can’t be sure. You would of course need a very wide variety of questions and an even wider variety of answers, much more so than the current team talk comments.

Of course manager interviews would probably have to be an option otherwise people who want to manage very big clubs from the off might never get past the interview stage.

Interesting or just frustrating?

I was going to comment on a manager as he's insecure in his job. But on the team screen I accidentally clicked 'Declare interest in j...' rather than 'Manager comment'.

When you apply for a job you have to click OK on the 'Are you sure?' window, I would very much like an 'Are you sure' for declaring interest as it's pretty much the same thing and now I've had to load a previous save and re-do a match. icon_mad.gif

- give the possibility to move all individual sliders at once for all players in the same direction (especially for individual mentalities)

- rethink the friendly games system. This is especially important for reserve teams in leagues where they don't have any games. What I want is to tell my assman the dates at which I want to arrange friendlies and he should do the rest

- when sending a player to the reserves to improve match fitness you should be able to specify priorities regarding their introduction in reserve games, e.g. player X has a priority of 1 (meaning he is to be introduced no matter what unless injured) etc.

- completely rethink the whole reranking/Ai tactical learning system. It's ridiculous that every time at around 11 January and at the end of the season everyone has found the magic solution to counter you.

I think that there is an unrealistic pause when a goal is disallowed. For example, its sheff u 0-0 watford. In injury time Marlon king puts the ball in the net, the team runs into the corner to celebrate but its disallowed. Sheff u get the ball and wait until watford are in posistion before they take the free kick. Surely in such circumstances the second they hear the ref's whistle they would catch watford off guard and play on

I would like to see the following things incorporated into the game:

Shirt numbers being retired after a special player retries by special player I mean a player who has won the golden Boot on numerous occasions like i saw in the records thread in other words it is given out rarely because this rarely happens in real life.

Or maybe a message saying that a clubs ground, stand, nearby street or statue has been named after a special player.

And new signings saying they would loved to achieve what x player has achieved.

when you get a scout report it comperes with your best player in that pos...

i'd like the option to choose which player you can compair with as it would make it easyer to know if they are good einough for your team.i.e better than your other stricker of sub defender.

also more interaction with chairmen with season expectations in league and cup, to help with how much tranfer budget they offer you.

captian having more interaction with you regarding player unrest ect..

what someone said before about sending player to feeder club till they have gained work permit istead of keep comong back at end of season.

more squad retation for AI managers like Liverpool manager who hardly ever picks same team. but in game almost always same team in cup and league

and me to receive free copy of game when finished lol only joking...

Support for Goalscoring Goalkeepers!

Ability to track goals / assists like regular players, in terms of on the season tab next to the apps, average rating etc - but also on the history tab.

The ability to have a defender who could stand in the goal mouth and cover for your keeper taking the free kick. Obviously the player will stand a pretty good chance of getting his body in front of the ball and cut down on the 75 yarder goals! icon_smile.gif

what do u think of the idea....lets say your sacked or you quit from ur last team.....and u get offered to take over club till end of season or 3-4 games till club get new mamnager...and lets say u win all the games u get the job?

pretty much being a caretaker manager

Also, it'd be interesting if we got slightly less-relevant news bulletins. e.g. From time to time a famous club legend from the past could die perhaps. Maybe you could release a statement expressing your best wishes to the family and that would improve your fan support. Or you could organise a memorial match.

Sorry.....don't know how to edit my previous posts. This will probably never happen, but it would be interesting if you could do things, which could result in punishment by the Premier League. Think Tevez, or fielding an ineligible player. Of course, the ineligible player bit would be fine for Conference but it is unlikely to go unnoticed in Premier League.

Originally posted by Ulisses:

I would like Strikers to be able to score 1-on-1's.

And a scouting module that doesn't completely take the fun out of the game.

i totally agree. RVD a world class finisher for me on my save has around 8 1-on-1's and only scores 1. he should score at last half of them

I want to sell my players a little bit easier, not to be forced to release half of them because I have 200-300 players. Even when they are on TL for free not even a weak, low division team doesn't want them. It's so unreal. icon_mad.gificon13.gif

A better transfer in/out system would be nice.

*When you qualify for Europe , it should be easier to attract players. Especially the better players from weaker clubs. They should put more pressure on their club to sell them , because they would like to join your club who plays in Europe. Especially the Champions League should have a big appeal.

Originally posted by alibabastyle2007:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulisses:

I would like Strikers to be able to score 1-on-1's.

And a scouting module that doesn't completely take the fun out of the game.

i totally agree. RVD a world class finisher for me on my save has around 8 1-on-1's and only scores 1. he should score at last half of them </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree as well, also when the player is through and instead of running straight for the goal, he runs out wide and away from the goal and ends up crossing it or losing the ball completely! It is nice when sometimes the player does score in these situations though but this seems way too rare.

Improved International Management

Every single year people cry out for this, but I think SIGames are struggling to see how they can improve this feature. To a degree I can see why, but there are areas that can be improved. Take a look at this article to see some suggestions, including a few of my own.

In game team talks

We’ve had pre, half time and post match team talks: so what about in-game team talks? We’ve all seen managers shouting orders from the touchline, but we are ristricted to altering the style and formation of the team. How about a few more personal comments during the match? A quick press of the tactics button, and you could choose to give Lampard praise for his goal, or warn Traore to get more focussed after a bad tackle. Player instructions could also be combined with these, so rather than selecting a player’s mentality, you could tell him what to do.

Perhaps the following options could be made available:-

Instruction for Steven Gerrard:-

- Keep it up!

- Push forward!

- Pull back

- Show your displeasure in his performance

- Tell him he needs to improve

- Warn him to cool down

- Etc etc

Two leg competition problem fixed

You might not have noticed it, or, like me, you scream whenever this happens. After winning the first leg of that all important game, you go into the second leg on a high. Yet by half time, you are losing, and find yourself just one goal ahead on aggregate when you really should be way out in the lead. So what can you say to the players at half time? Get your arse in gear, lads? Nope - you can say something along the lines of ‘Great performance!’. You see, the game thinks that you are winning 2-1, which you are on aggregate, but on the day you are behind. I like to win every game - who doesn’t - yet I’m giving the impression that a 1-0 deficit is great!

Fantasy Mode

Most of the big improvements have been made now, let’s be honest. We have match team talks, 2d engines, scouting systems, affliations and more. So how about a few fun improvements? Perhaps when loading a new game you can select from a choice of missions or fantasy leagues, pre-made by SIGames and already available to play from launch? Imagine a 1989 league, with the correct teams and players? Perhaps the choice to create your own dream leagues from the game itself, without having to mess about moving teams in the editor? Simply choosing twenty teams, and playing the league. Something similar to this has been included on the XBox 360 version’s multiplayer mode, and this would be a great addition too for multiplaying and single games on the PC too.

Improved Media Interaction

Every year this aspect of the game improves and expands, but many feel that the current system of interaction just isn’t enough. I played a game with a Championship side, and before every single match I was asked by the media for my thought before kick off. Every single time I was limited to the same five comments, and nearly always gave the same response (something along the lines of, ‘Team X are good, but if we play well we can beat them.’. How about much more choices of quotes? Big game build up? I’ve had times when I’ve been a big Premiership side taking on a non-league club in the F.A Cup, yet while the game would have been covered to death in real life, again only one question is asked of me before kick off.

Improved Transfer Window

This could be part of the above suggestion, but I do feel it warrants a paragraph of its own. We are now into the late end of January and every few days we have seen some quite large transfers, many rumours, and nervous biting of fingers from those clubs desperate to hang on to their talent. Yet come January in Football Manager world, all we tend to receive are the run of the mill transfer rumours, and a cursory round up (i.e two clubs mentioned) at the end of the month.

Hows about developing this further? Imagine it’s December 31st, you’ve just lost your tenth game in a row, and this message appears:-

With the January transfer window about to open, you have been asked by a newspaper to comment on whether the club will be signing anyone.

Response:

- We have a few deals already lined up

- I’m looking into signing some new players

- We could do with some new players, but we have no-one in particular

- We don’t need to strengthen

- We have no money to sign players

Each response could generate different effects: telling people you have some deals lined up yet not signing anyone could lead to the fans feeling angry and no longer trusting you; saying you don’t need to strengthen could make your current players happier but if you’re struggling, the fans may expect some fresh faces; saying you’ve no money could be an alternative way of asking the board to release some January funds.

More general rumour reports from the press would also be welcomed. Something along the lines of:

January 3rd: Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is believed to be interested in signing Manchester United’s Wes Brown. Chelsea’s defence has been poor this season, conceding 31 goals in 15 games, and it is believed that Mourinho sees Brown as the ideal signing.

January 4th: Manchester United’s Wes Brown has urged Chelsea to make a bid for him after he turned down a new contract offered by United.

January 5th: Liverpool have entered the race to sign Manchester United’s Wes Brown, etc, etc

January 30th: Chelsea’s attempts to sign Wes Brown could fail, according to sources at the club. With only two days until the transfer window closes, Chelsea are believed to be frustrated with the way talks between the club and Brown’s agent are going.

Such an inclusion would certainly add more spice to the game and a little more interest in the big signings too, in my opinion.

Although i didn't write this, I strongly agree with everything it says.

Originally posted by wakko jakko:

Fantasy Mode

Most of the big improvements have been made now, let’s be honest. We have match team talks, 2d engines, scouting systems, affliations and more. So how about a few fun improvements? Perhaps when loading a new game you can select from a choice of missions or fantasy leagues, pre-made by SIGames and already available to play from launch? Imagine a 1989 league, with the correct teams and players? Perhaps the choice to create your own dream leagues from the game itself, without having to mess about moving teams in the editor? Simply choosing twenty teams, and playing the league. Something similar to this has been included on the XBox 360 version’s multiplayer mode, and this would be a great addition too for multiplaying and single games on the PC too.

Things like the 1989 league would be hard to do properly and very time consuming, they would have to get accurate data for every team and player. It really wouldn't be worth it for SI to do.

quote:

Originally posted by wakko jakko:

Fantasy Mode

Things like the 1989 league would be hard to do properly and very time consuming, they would have to get accurate data for every team and player. It really wouldn't be worth it for SI to do.

Not to mention the memory.

Originally posted by LFC Lloydy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wakko jakko:

Fantasy Mode

Things like the 1989 league would be hard to do properly and very time consuming, they would have to get accurate data for every team and player. It really wouldn't be worth it for SI to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1989 would be too hard I agree, but they can do just about any year they've got data for already. They can make an awful lot of the youth teams simply from data extraction from future FM's cross referencing with any extra data they can get from other people.

Remember, every year the data would be improved from past years as more people reveal accurate information about the previous players. The databases can and will improve, all it requires is the initial attempt. The same way as the actual database grew, once people are given the chance they'll add to it.

Would it be possible if Future Games were to have some option of loading old games? Obviously you'd have prblems with new features but you could always set them to default.

i.e. If Fm2007 could Fm2006 games, it would add the default feeder clubs for your club.

Ahh after long search I found it, finally icon_smile.gif

I'm from Germany and I'm writing for our community into this forum, hoping that anyone will find our suggestions remarkable. Here you'll find our collected wishes in German and in English. I'll post only the english translation here, hoping anyone can understand me icon_wink.gif

we need a german language file!

a heavily improved research of database here in the germanspeaking area (germany, austria, switzerland)

youth players and their development should get more sophisticated / advanced

youth players out of the under 20 squads who make it to the first team should get faster increasing attributes

more and advanced prematch/halftime/aftermatch speechs

possibility to create a totally new database / new liguesystems with the editor

general improvement of the editor

matches should run even slower, too many equal scenes during matches, more variety of scenes

training camps

more and improved interaction with players, staff and media

more fluctuations of player attributes under a season especially players above 24

not too perfect scouting reports to leave the game a little diffcult

more emotions e.g. great players retire and nothing appears? no big news? also there are no matches to celebrate those retiring players

possibility for players to learn some freekick variations

players on transfer market should get more offers from other clubs

preregistering of possible replacements of players during the next match

matchsounds should be even more adapted to events down on the pitch

overview for squad of the next season (with future transfers, retirements etc)

co-trainer should get some makros for strategies of replacing players during matches to leave these descisions to the co-trainer

improvement of the transfer-ai

possibility to send scouts out watching your own team or improvement of the statements to your players from your staff

when you're a farm team, you should claim a clause, that your loan player plays a minimum of matches

more and sophisticated media reports and match reports in the news

once again more speed, e.g. actually its really slow after tactical changes during matches

training should be more detailed, for example there should be different training programs for different weekdays

what about women in soccer? implementation of women footballleagues and women nationalteams

improvement of financial policy, more possibilities in here

*sensible soccer figures* for matches

something like a *scenario mode*, e.g. you take over a team and it says: you'll be fired if you can't prevent this team from relegation within 7 matches

more interaction with the president and the directors about transfer money etc. e.g. the president gives you 10 mio € more but claims the qualification for the championsleague

We hope that you agree to most of these hints and we also hope that you can fix the problems with the licences here in german-speaking area as soon as possible. There are a lot of german-speaking FMplayers outside and their main wish is a german language file. icon14.gif

greets from Germany

Octavianus

probably already been said but improved manager interaction would be good. maybe the ability to start up public feuds? and maybe start up new and more intense rivalry between clubs. look at the crazy stuff moronho comes out with. surely this can be incorperated into the game.

I would like to see a financial editor in the game. I know that you can already change a clubs finances but i was thinking more on the lines of prize money editors. This would be especially helpful for people who create super leagues, who deactivate the champions league, which is a huge lose of potential revenue. With a financial editor you could add more prize money to the FA cup to compensate for the lose of champions league money.

Instead of choosing your freekick and corner taker and who runs over the ball or goes short or long i was thinking if they could create a differnt way of creating set pieces where you get a screen like the positons one and you draw lines for for where they pass the ball and shoot and where the fake runs go.

Sorry i couldnt explain it better

- Interaction wih FIFA governing body?

- Making bids for hosting world/european cups?

- Tactics overhaul - too dependent on tactics

- Team Talks were misleading and too general.

- Private lives of players/managers could sometimes come into the fold. E.g. former Partick manager had a lot of pigeons. Could add to eccentricity of managers, or proffessionalism (e.g. goes to bed early/dont drink), or you could appear one of the lads and join the players for drinks. At the very least it would be fun.

Maybe managers could submit a background? So, you can be a former player for a lower league team, a big star, or a backroom nobody before being a manager - all need to have disadvantages/advantages.

Club rules

How about being able to set rules for players? I know that Mourinho does it at Chelsea, so perhaps we could have one.

Rules such as...

Automatic fine for a suspension due to totting up of yellow cards.

Automatic fine for red cards.

Automatic fine for missing training.

Etc etc. This could mean that players could reject working with us as managers as they perceive us being too strict or too relaxed with players and they feel they wouldn't want to work in that environment.

More contract options

This is an area I'd love to see improved, at the moment it's very poor and needs a lot of work.

Just a few ideas of the top of my head, if SI like this then perhaps more ideas could be discussed.

Extension options - Sign a player on a 3yr (or however long) contract with the option to retain him for longer or being able to release him. Means we can release players without having to pay them off if we don't take up the option plus it means we may not lose players on Bosman's as we can retain them.

Injury wages - When Woodgate signed for Newcastle, part of his contract was that if he was injured he didn't get paid, this could be very useful with players who have a history of injuries and are desperate to get a contract with a decent team.

Just two ideas popped up lately.

1. Considering the Youth and the players who are generated into your u19-squad. Maybe it would be nice to sent scouts across the world during the season to search for youth players, then at the start of a new season you get a list with scouted youngsters and you have to select 5 of them. Each scouted youngster will have a short description with a posibility-percentage of succeeding at your club. the better your scouts the more accurate this percentage will be.

2. It would be great of you could already influence player whos contracts expire at the end of the season in september by declare interest. So that when u declare interest in a player in september 2007, who will be out of contract in june 2008, he won't be signing a new contract for his current club.

A third idea just popped up (and I'm making a new post as I don't seem to be able to edit the previous)

It's about an extra contract option. You offer a player a contract of 2 seasons with an option for 1/2/3 more seasons. If you use this option to keep the player longer his wage will rise with 10%.

More minor cups! Like the Peace Cup and the Kirin Cup. It would be nice to be playing varied teams pre-season, club and international. It could compensate for the lack of friendlies internationaly (if it isn't improved on).

well i'm taking a breack from FIFAM07, and playing FM,

and there is lots of improvementsa this year,

meanwhile, i still wish:

1- less grey players

2- formation follwoing X,Y coordination and not fix positions, imagine if i want to have 2 winger for tactical rasions, sure i can ask my CM to go thier often, but it not the same. or ask rooeny to play not as AM or ST, but as a player in between them. all toher games like FIFAM and CM07 are using that, and they do becasue it is more precise.

3- database editable for countries without a league. as imagine i life in england and buy the game and like to play with my orginal country league, but simply they don't have any, i can't creat or even swap the nations to have thier league. other games allow u to do that, and i think FM should have that possibility too.

4- ability to brwose through my short list as my team list, which allow me to go from a player to another by pressing the arrow, instead of me quitting the page each time and then choose a player and do that over and over.

good work and

good luck

Originally posted by Ozzy38:

More minor cups! Like the Peace Cup and the Kirin Cup. It would be nice to be playing varied teams pre-season, club and international. It could compensate for the lack of friendlies internationaly (if it isn't improved on).

MORE CUP COMPETITIONS icon_eek.gif!

Are you having a giggle?

As it is I am competing in 12 competitions this year. I need another cup like I need a dose of buebonic plague icon_mad.gif.

12? Outside of Europe Cup, 2 domestic cups, league and international qualifiers, the rest are one-offs. The cups I'm talking about happen pre-season or are good for run-outs.

Besides, not all of us are super-successful enough to have the fun of taking part in competitions with foreign clubs/rare nations.

1. N.Ireland Premiership.

2. Champions League, (for a couple of weeks anyway).

3. UEFA Cup, (when I get knocked out of the Champions League).

4. N.Irish League Cup.

5. Antrim Cup.

6. N.Irish Cup.

7. All Ireland Cup.

8. Reserve League.

9. Antrim Trophy.

10. Intermediate Cup.

11. U18's League.

12. U18's Cup.

None of the above are one-offs.

Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

2. Champions League, (for a couple of weeks anyway).

3. UEFA Cup, (when I get knocked out of the Champions League).

Well that's one really.

8. Reserve League

You can't count that.

9. Antrim Trophy.

Looked it up and only found Hockey. Unless you mean the Antrim cup again.

11. U18's League.

12. U18's Cup.

Why are you counting those?

And anyway, the cups I talk of are invitation ones aren't they?

1. What do you mean the CHampions League & the UEFA Cup is really 1 competition?

2. Reserve League. Of course I can count it. It's 30 bloomin games long.

3. The Antrim Trophy isn't the Antrim Cup. It's a seperate competition.

4. Why shouldn't I count the U18's League and the U18's Cup. They are competitions that my players play in aren't they?

And anyway, the cups I talk of are invitation ones aren't they?

I've got no idea what you mean by that icon_confused.gif.

Archived